PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs So is the Arrowhead Magic Back?

grandllama
10-24-2010, 02:33 PM
Didn't seem as rowdy on TV as the SF game... and the club level was still embarrassingly empty.

BUT, we did get a few false starts and the Todd just gave the fans props in his post gamer

and we are 3-0 at home this year.

Terribilis
10-24-2010, 02:35 PM
WTF is up with the club level?

ChiefMojo
Getting better, but still a little ways to go before we start to get back to typical Chiefs crowds. Still to many seats open, but the noise level and rowdiness is getting back to the norm.

Bob Dole

Overpriced season tickets.

Thig Lyfe
10-24-2010, 02:37 PM
They need to change that club level shit because it looks awful.

Demonpenz
10-24-2010, 02:38 PM
club level is bad ass if you DON'T sit in your seats. Plenty of tv's around to grab a cold one and get out of the sun

Bill Lundberg
10-24-2010, 03:23 PM
It was pretty tame at Arrowhead today. Most of the game we were the only one's standing in our general area.

Don't know what it was, but people weren't really into it today.

Fritz88
10-24-2010, 03:27 PM
People in KC need some time to get used to winning. :D

DTLB58
10-24-2010, 03:30 PM
Still looks like a lot of empty seats from the view on TV.

I think the first two games it was a lot closer to being back, the last two losses kinda calmed things down though.

Maybe the Broncos/Raiders games will bring out the crowds in full force like the Monday nighter against the Chargers, that was special!

grandllama
10-24-2010, 03:33 PM
It was pretty tame at Arrowhead today. Most of the game we were the only one's standing in our general area.

That's the way it looked on TV

Bearcat
10-24-2010, 03:57 PM

They changed ticket prices... a single game is $210-265, putting the season ticket prices over $2000. I guess they were thinking companies would eat them up because of the new Arrowhead, but they should probably wait for a better economy and perhaps win a playoff game or 7 first...

Bearcat
10-24-2010, 04:00 PM
club level is bad ass if you DON'T sit in your seats. Plenty of tv's around to grab a cold one and get out of the sun

And when it starts sprinkling...

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r143/bearcat2002/DSC01300.jpg

BigRedChief
10-24-2010, 04:20 PM
WTF is up with the club level?You have to commit to something like $15K's worth of tickets.

DaKCMan AP
10-24-2010, 04:22 PM
What I want to know is if they're going to show Todd Bouman's family every time he completes a pass, why don't they show their reaction after he throws a pick-6?

kcmaxwell
10-24-2010, 04:24 PM

I thought the same thing! When the game was still neck and neck alot of people around us were just sittin... It is getting better, but its not the Old Arrowhead yet.

DRU
10-24-2010, 05:16 PM
Club level is just too expensive because of the fact you have to buy season tix and you have to sign a 3 year contract. I'm sure they'd sell quite a few of them if they'd sell single game tickets, but they won't. Pretty stupid if you ask me, but I'm no ticket sales manager.

It was indeed pretty tame (or maybe a little lame) today. What's interesting about that is I saw an awful lot of new faces in our section today (119, 50 yd line) that weren't exactly into the game like that. Seems like today was a day where lots of the regular crowd handed out their tix to others. Could have just been that section, but maybe that trend was through-out.

Hopefully being 4-2 coming off a good game and playing on Halloween will bring the crazy crowd back.

keg in kc
10-24-2010, 05:20 PM
Winning brings the magic back. Hopefully the do a little better against Buffalo than the Ravens did, although a win is a win is a win.

Simply Red
10-26-2010, 05:13 AM
It's a good question if you think about it, What if we blow out our next opponent? then what? Will teams fear going there again? I sure hope 'the magic' is back. ;)

Rausch
10-26-2010, 05:19 AM
Winning brings the magic back. Hopefully the do a little better against Buffalo than the Ravens did, although a win is a win is a win.

Hard to say.

Winning has brought people back to the seats.

I've noticed a lot of these people don't know to make noise when the D is on the field, don't know NOT to make noise when the offense is on the field, and have been a much more tame and less fired up bunch.

A decade has gone by. A whole generation of people who only know the suck and mediocre at best Chiefs.

The crowd is back but it's not the same crowd...

Rukdafaidas
10-26-2010, 06:35 AM
I thought the stadium looked full, except for club level.
I asked a guy sitting by me why club level was so empty and he said they're all in the new bars. Apparently there are 3 huge lounges on the club level that were part of the renovation.

Simply Red
10-26-2010, 06:38 AM
I asked a guy sitting by me why club level was so empty and he said they're all in the new bars. Apparently there are 3 huge lounges on the club level that were part of the renovation.

probably milf-hunting, I can hardly blame them.

CHENZ A!
10-26-2010, 07:48 AM
Better than the last few years, but not as good as it once was.

I was proud of the way that everyone booed and kept booing that dumbfuck referee for like 15 minutes straight after he fucked us AGAIN on the PI calls.
Posted via Mobile Device

jspchief
10-26-2010, 07:54 AM
I sat in club this weekend. The concourse is freaking awesome. The fans in that level are a bunch of incredible douchebags.

$265 tickets killed Arrowhead magic. That area will never consistently have fanatical fans.

Bugeater
10-26-2010, 07:58 AM
Why even go the freaking game if you're just going to sit in a bar? That doesn't make any damn sense at all.

ChiTown
10-26-2010, 07:59 AM
I sat in club this weekend. The concourse is freaking awesome. The fans in that level are a bunch of incredible douchebags.

$265 tickets killed Arrowhead magic. That area will never consistently have fanatical fans.

This

Arrowhead was a lot of fun this past weekend, but it's never going to be the same on a week-to-week basis like it was in the 90's (especially early to mid 90's). Ticket prices were still somewhat reasonable back then, and the real fanatical fan was able to afford the experience. Now, not so much. It's too bad, but that's just the reality of modern day Professional Sports.

donkhater
10-26-2010, 08:05 AM
If I had to guess, people can't really afford the whole season package and look to dump tickets to less desirable matchups as a way to offset cost. Maybe the people they sell them to aren't big fans. My guess is that the division games will still be well attended and rowdy.

ChiTown
10-26-2010, 08:05 AM
Why even go the freaking game if you're just going to sit in a bar? That doesn't make any damn sense at all.

Go to a Royals Game, and it's the same thing. They are all doing something else in the Stadium, other than watching the game. It's really a strange experience.

I can remember my Dad taking me to Arrowhead for the opening game when it first opened up in 1972 (against the STL Cardinals). I asked my Dad if I could walk around the Stadium with a friend of mine - just to check it out. His comment was, "why the hell do you want to walk around when all the action is on the field." He was right then, and he's still right. Unfortunately, most "fans" want to be entertained by just about everything, but the game. It's pretty sad, imo - especially when the team is actually damn good.

2bikemike
10-26-2010, 09:08 AM
It seemed to me the seats started emptying up midway through the 4th qtr.
To me that just seems wrong unless your getting Denver'd. But I'm the person that won't leave a concert until the lights come up. And when I go snow skiing I am there when the lifts open and I won't leave until they won't take me up anymore, no matter how bad the muscles in my legs are burning.

If I spend all that money for entertainment I want to get back every second of it I paid for.

ChiefaRoo
10-26-2010, 09:11 AM
I remember when we all peed in long troughs, and WE LIKED IT THAT WAY!!!!

Now u got the fancy HD tv's and walk around bars.....

/grumpy old 1%'ers

InChiefsHeaven
10-26-2010, 09:42 AM
Speaking of Arrowhead Magic, I'll be down this weekend for the game. I'd like to check out the Hall of Honor or whatever. SHould I do that before the game, or after, in the opinion of the awesome posters here on CP?

Coach
10-26-2010, 09:48 AM
Speaking of Arrowhead Magic, I'll be down this weekend for the game. I'd like to check out the Hall of Honor or whatever. SHould I do that before the game, or after, in the opinion of the awesome posters here on CP?

You can do it either way, just depending on where you sit.

Old Dog
10-26-2010, 09:49 AM

Go in when the gates open and take time to look around. Regardless of which gate you're "supposed" to go in I suggest checking out the statue of Mr Hunt first and going in that way.

InChiefsHeaven
10-26-2010, 10:15 AM
OK, sounds good. When do they open the gates? I always tailgate until about 11:40 or so and make it to my seat just in time for kick off...

CHENZ A!
10-26-2010, 10:34 AM
OK, sounds good. When do they open the gates? I always tailgate until about 11:40 or so and make it to my seat just in time for kick off...

Yeah, I'd check it out after the game if I were you. That way you don't forfeit any tailgate time.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bob Dole
10-26-2010, 10:37 AM

So you can complain about missing part of the game when they break in with severe weather coverage.

james023
10-26-2010, 10:38 AM
These are very bad

InChiefsHeaven
10-26-2010, 10:39 AM
Yeah, I'd check it out after the game if I were you. That way you don't forfeit any tailgate time.
Posted via Mobile Device

THat's what I was thinking. Hell, it takes forever to get out of the stadium anyway. I just have a long drive back to Omaha, but I think it'll be worth it to stick around later.