PDA

View Full Version : ChiefsPlanet Thread headers

Jack
10-26-2010, 09:52 AM
In visits to the donky's "mane" site these past few days, I see something I like.

Thread headers (initial post) are not repeated in subsequent pages. I like this feature (the only plus on that poorly managed site) but it seems like this is not available on the CP.

I have searched the CP and don't see that as an available option. It would save a lot of time in not having to view long winded 1st posts or those with copious pix.

Can someone tell me if this is doable?

Thanks

DaFace
10-26-2010, 09:53 AM
That's an intentional feature here. So yes, we could do it, but I don't think there's any way to make it a user-level option.

Bowser
10-26-2010, 09:56 AM
I kind of like seeing the OP on the pages. It's amusing to watch how some threads completely ricochet off the subject.

And nuthooks for wanting to emulate the Mange in and way, shape, or form.

Jack
10-26-2010, 09:56 AM
That's an intentional feature here. So yes, we could do it, but I don't think there's any way to make it a user-level option.

Well, thanks for the info. Is there there a reason for this?

DaFace
10-26-2010, 09:58 AM
Well, thanks for the info. Is there there a reason for this?

I dunno. It's been that way since long before I got here. In fact, back in the day, Kyle had to go in and modify the PHP code just to make it work. (There's an add-on to do it now.) It's not a built-in vBulletin feature, so I assume people like it better around here for one reason or another.

Jack
10-26-2010, 10:14 AM
I dunno. It's been that way since long before I got here. In fact, back in the day, Kyle had to go in and modify the PHP code just to make it work. (There's an add-on to do it now.) It's not a built-in vBulletin feature, so I assume people like it better around here for one reason or another.

I can live with that. The CP has come a long way since and a great replacement for the old Star format. It has been very interesting to see the evolution into the premier site that it is.

Kudos to you and all those involved in its management.

mikeyis4dcats.
10-26-2010, 11:52 AM
it used to be considerate OP's would put any lengthy text and pics in the second post to avoid repeating it.