PDA

View Full Version : Football Herd calls Chiefs "Jets Lite"

MikeMaslowski
10-26-2010, 10:40 AM
Was listening to Colin Cowherd and thought it was funny that he called us the "Jets Lite". Talked about energetic coach, a good running game and a stout D that surprises people. He even had a little skit. (someone awesome will post it) Thought it was pretty interesting. Hell, even just to get some national media that isn't.....Yeah but who'd they play, yada yada yada.

Have another "lite" beer on me!

Maz:thumb:

BigCatDaddy
10-26-2010, 10:41 AM
I was thinking that's a great comparison.

Hootie
10-26-2010, 10:43 AM
well if he's referring to the 2009 Jets...

I'd say we have a few big differences.

1) Our QB, despite his flaws, doesn't throw interceptions.
2) Our defense doesn't blitz that often.

So I'm not a big fan of the comparison...but yeah, on "paper", it makes sense.

Great running game, a defense that can keep the opponent from scoring.

Stinger
10-26-2010, 10:44 AM
Talked about energetic couch

I believe I had one of those during my college years ...... good times ... good times.

MOhillbilly
10-26-2010, 10:45 AM
that guys a bitch ass and if i ever see him ill punch his fucking lights out for the shit he said about sean taylor.

Chiefnj2
10-26-2010, 10:49 AM
In the big picture he's correct - rely on the D, strong rushing game, safe QB play.

In the little picture the D is completely different. KC - not much QB pressure, bend-but-don't-break, zone coverage. Jets - pressure, man coverage.

KCrockaholic
10-26-2010, 10:56 AM
Good comparison, but our #1 CB is better than their #1 corner.

KCrockaholic
10-26-2010, 10:58 AM
that guys a bitch ass and if i ever see him ill punch his ****ing lights out for the shit he said about sean taylor.

Cowherd?

Wasn't he the POS that said it didn't matter that Eddie Guerrero died? And basically trashed everything about him.

I mean, I'm no fan of a drug addicted alcoholic either, but Eddie turned out to be a very good person.

Mr. Arrowhead
10-26-2010, 11:04 AM
o how cute, Herms 2 old teams are both in first place lol

MOhillbilly
10-26-2010, 11:04 AM
Cowherd?

Wasn't he the POS that said it didn't matter that Eddie Guerrero died? And basically trashed everything about him.

I mean, I'm no fan of a drug addicted alcoholic either, but Eddie turned out to be a very good person.
talked all kinds of shit about ST. then kinda made a half ass apology after the facts came out.
Motherfuckers a joke man with a sports radio gig. total baffoon.

KCrockaholic
10-26-2010, 11:07 AM
talked all kinds of shit about ST. then kinda made a half ass apology after the facts came out.
Mother****ers a joke man with a sports radio gig. total baffoon.

Oh I agree. He's on that SportNation show with the blond girl. He literally knows nothing about the NFL, or football in general. I don't see how ESPN ever hired him. Then again, look at the other fools they've hired.

LaChapelle
10-26-2010, 11:08 AM
Discipline couldn't be more different

Hootie
10-26-2010, 11:13 AM
oh what do you know?!

another on air personality everyone on ChiefsPlanet hates!

who would have guessed?!??!?!

keg in kc
10-26-2010, 11:16 AM
Well, since our entire coaching staff were on the Jets together that shouldn't be a shock.

KCrockaholic
10-26-2010, 11:18 AM
oh what do you know?!

I like the MNF crew. All 3 of them. Cowherd is just a POS. Some people can't be excused.

MOhillbilly
10-26-2010, 11:33 AM
oh what do you know?!

dont get it twisted hootie. I listen and enjoy many local and national radio guys art haynes in particular. But the shit he said about ST after his murder and his half ass apology after the facts came out for me was unforgivable.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-26-2010, 11:35 AM
I like the MNF crew. All 3 of them. Cowherd is just a POS. Some people can't be excused.

:eek: Nessler and Dilfer were much better than the 3 stooges. I'd watch more Monday night games if they changed thier crew.

Frosty
10-26-2010, 11:40 AM

I like Jaws and Gruden but I think Tirico sucks.

L.A. Chieffan
10-26-2010, 11:40 AM
Cowherds just trying to get ratings. hell say shit just to make you say "wtf?" hes the sports version of rush or whatever

Delano
10-26-2010, 11:46 AM
Douchebag contrarian.

Mmmm Beadle.

http://i422.photobucket.com/albums/pp309/npascare2/michelle-beadle.gif

Stinger
10-26-2010, 11:48 AM
dont get it twisted hootie. I listen and enjoy many local and national radio guys art haynes in particular. But the shit he said about ST after his murder and his half ass apology after the facts came out for me was unforgivable.

Could you start small and work your way up by taking out Scott Puryear and Ned Reynolds first.

MOhillbilly
10-26-2010, 11:50 AM
Could you start small and work your way up by taking out Scott Puryear and Ned Reynolds first.

you dont enjoy hearing about SMS womens basketball or drury soccer? for shame!

Bowser
10-26-2010, 12:07 PM
Douchebag contrarian.

Mmmm Beadle.

http://i422.photobucket.com/albums/pp309/npascare2/michelle-beadle.gif

The whole thing. I would. (her, not the hot dog)

Extra Point
10-26-2010, 12:52 PM

Ned Reynolds: My bro called him "Broomstick" when we were down at SMS. The only thing Ned could do in the late 70's was sit upright in his chair.

Demonpenz
10-26-2010, 12:54 PM
Plus we got their chant "home of the jets/chiefs"

Hammock Parties
10-26-2010, 02:14 PM
I'm not sure we're Jets Lite. They have Rex Ryan, we've got Crennel and Weis.

If anything we're Jumbo Jets.

blaise
10-26-2010, 02:22 PM
Cowherd?

Yeah he's an asswipe. He also came on the day after (or maybe the day of) Kirby Puckett's death and started outilining all his flaws. Then some people called and emailed and said, "Shouldn't you wait a day? This isn't really the time to say what a bad guy he was." and Cowherd pretty much said, "No, today is the best time to do it." Cowherd is your typical ESPN suck. Says things he doesn't believe just to piss people off. He could say one thing, and then later have the completely opposite opinion. He's among the worst.

Simply Red
10-28-2010, 08:29 AM
oh what do you know?!

Yeah, oddly I agree here.