PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Late night bullshit: our lines.

Direckshun
10-28-2010, 01:03 AM
I've been watching game tape tonight of the 49ers game, the Texans game, and the Jags game.

Two comments:

I'm loving our offensive line. Albert, Waters, Wiegmann, and Lilja move in space as if they were linebackers. There's no "I'm a 300 pound gargantuan" to how they run and move. Lilja especially -- what a steal this guy was. He is playing like a Pro Bowler in this offense. Wiegmann has been impressive too, but he's been our best pickup of the entire offseason. He misses absolutely nothing at the LOS in picking up passrushing. We have all the talent we need on the line, but he's the reason we're #1 in sack prevention.

People have asked why we are so good in run defense but so poor in pass defense. The answer is simple: our DL isn't versatile enough just yet. Our DL lineup of Dorsey, Edwards, and Smith, is a lineup of three defensive tackles. That means, on most downs we play, we're featuring three defensive tackles.

That means it's going to be a beast to run against them. That's a lot of beef to move. But their passrushing is going to be lackluster, to say the least. Edwards can get in the backfield once a game pretty reliably, but that's it. Shaun Smith has been a good addition for this team and plays very hard between whistles but his passrushing is pathetic. He's a nose, not an end. Dorsey can get into the backfield, however.

That's why Jackson's development is so important, and why the DE in a 3-4 is so important. You need to be stout enough against the run while also having the quickness and moves to get into the backfield on passing downs. That's why Tyson Jackson desperately needs to develop, or we need to consider other options to lock that down.

Because that is going to get us slaughtered in the playoffs. It is a dead end if our defensive line cannot get in the backfield.

Bugeater
10-28-2010, 01:20 AM
Saccocrap should be along shortly to tell you how much Albert sucks.

Saccopoo
10-28-2010, 03:03 AM
Saccocrap should be along shortly to tell you how much Albert sucks.

I would, but it's a little obvious...

Apparently Direckshun has ingested a shit ton of peyote and I can't be held responsible for the insane shit he spews under it's influence.

Saccopoo
10-28-2010, 03:09 AM
People have asked why we are so good in run defense but so poor in pass defense. The answer is simple: our DL isn't versatile enough just yet.

Perhaps, when our defensive line is versatile enough, they will be able to step in and pass block for our shit bag tackles.

Until that time, we'll continue to offer up inside routes, speed rushes and stunts in the hope that Matt Cassel feels the pocket better and truly understands the importance of a .73 drop step pass scheme.

Pioli Zombie
10-28-2010, 04:06 AM
Cassel sucks

Marcellus
10-28-2010, 06:02 AM
Lilja is washed up and sucks. I read it here.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=224553

and here

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=224603 This one has some jems.

In honor of your repost, I'll repost my response in the other thread:

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

NO.

Goff ver.2
Posted via Mobile Device

This sums it up pretty well

JoshLooney (http://twitter.com/JoshLooney)
cut from the 32nd ranked rush offense. Q1. why? that answer goes a long way @mmalone95 (http://twitter.com/mmalone95): @JoshLooney (http://twitter.com/JoshLooney) Ryan Lilja?? Any word?

why would anyone want this guy?

He is a terrible run blocker and was made to look like he was a WAY better pass protector because he blocks for Peyton Manning.

I'm sorry, it's true.

and that line continues to be the worst run blocking line in the NFL...which is why Lilja is gone in the first place.

Dude is done.

My fave.

He wouldn't be a good signing at any price.

Some of you people really need to get a ****ing clue.

All I can say is that there are more than a few ****ing retarded Chiefs fans.

Not naming names.

Because just like last year, and every year before, there are more than a handful of members that don't perform ANY due diligence.

They see a name they're familiar with and say "Oooooooooh! We need to sign HIM".

They don't know his history, his injuries, his assets, his liabilities or his age.

It's just like ****ing Horseshack: "Oooh, Oooh, OOOH!".

Okay, but I think my previous post with the article on Lilja supports my contention that Lilja would be viable for the Chiefs. That said, maybe Pioli & company have a better plan sans Lilja. What that is, I have no idea. But considering the dearth of talent currently on the line, I think Lilja warrants serious consideration.

Why?????????????

WHY????????????????????

He's broke. He played right guard for the 32ND RUSHING TEAM.

He blocked for maybe the best passing QB in the past 30 years, with the quickest release of maybe all time.

WHAT in the world makes you think he's a good fit in KC?????????????

WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

El Jefe
10-28-2010, 07:00 AM

and here

My fave.

I have to admit that's pretty funny stuff right there. I didn't mind the Lilja signing at all, actually I liked it. But I need to give you some rep for digging up some hilarious posts. CP is so two faced lol.

Dave Lane
10-28-2010, 07:42 AM
That shit may leave a mark with at least one poster. :)

RealSNR
10-28-2010, 07:54 AM
Perhaps, when our defensive line is versatile enough, they will be able to step in and pass block for our shit bag tackles.

Until that time, we'll continue to offer up inside routes, speed rushes and stunts in the hope that Matt Cassel feels the pocket better and truly understands the importance of a .73 drop step pass scheme.And a rookie OT would be doing better you say? :spock:

TheGuardian
10-28-2010, 08:04 AM

and here

My fave.

Wow that's some ownage.

Look there are some guys I have learned flat out, whatever they say, expect the complete opposite 90% of the time.

OnTheShitPath58

Mecca

Dane

There are others. But these guys take the proverbial dumbassery clown cake when it comes to their takes on the Chiefs.

El Jefe
10-28-2010, 08:09 AM
Wow that's some ownage.

Look there are some guys I have learned flat out, whatever they say, expect the complete opposite 90% of the time.

OnTheShitPath58

Mecca

Dane

There are others. But these guys take the proverbial dumbassery clown cake when it comes to their takes on the Chiefs.

Things are about to get real :popcorn:

BigMeatballDave
10-28-2010, 08:14 AM
Wow that's some ownage.

OnTheShitPath58

Mecca

Dane

OTW and Dane will happily eat crow and admit they were wrong. Mecca, will never face the music. Honestly though, who would have thought Lilja was going to pan out like this?

El Jefe
10-28-2010, 08:17 AM
OTW and Dane will happily eat crow and admit they were wrong. Mecca, will never face the music. Honestly though, who would have thought Lilja was going to pan out like this?

True on the first part. Secondly I didn't expect them to sign Lilja and expect him to be complete garbage, ask any Colts fans and they will tell you he was still good. I went to the Colts Chiefs game and they honored him during a tv timeout, many Colts fans still wanted him.

Reerun_KC
10-28-2010, 08:29 AM
This is going to be a fun thread.

Sofa King
10-28-2010, 08:33 AM
In.

Skyy God
10-28-2010, 08:36 AM
Things are about to get real :popcorn:

Consequences will never be the same.

Skyy God
10-28-2010, 08:41 AM
Oh, and Charles needs more carries.

Pablo
10-28-2010, 08:41 AM

and here

My fave.Eh, that why it doesn't always pay off to make your points with such strong conviction. It's a whole lot easier to leave a little wiggle room, rather than strongly stating 'yes' or 'no'.

Marcellus
10-28-2010, 08:43 AM
Eh, that why it doesn't always pay off to make your points with such strong conviction. It's a whole lot easier to leave a little wiggle room, rather than strongly stating 'yes' or 'no'.

Nothing wrong with having a strong opinion.

Calling people ill informed idiots and retards is another thing. Especially when you are dead wrong on your opinion.

Pablo
10-28-2010, 08:48 AM

Calling people ill informed idiots and retards is another thing. Especially when you are dead wrong on your opinion.I can get behind that.

There's a lot of undue aggressive posting on this board.

Reerun_KC
10-28-2010, 08:53 AM
I can get behind that.

Actually is has subsided some what... The Draftabulators are pretty quite right now... OTWP is still hanging in there, but Mecca disappears for time, Hamas just pops in and yells for a post or two. Dane isnt as vocal as he once was, but his anger at life is still pretty strong.

Could you say?

Draftabulators - getting shit wrong since 2009

IF they didnt stat that opinion as fact and the only fact that you should listen to. It wouldnt be so bad. Hell were all wrong most of the time. But there is a difference in being wrong vs being absolutely wrong because you of your opinion based as fact.

Marcellus
10-28-2010, 08:57 AM
Actually is has subsided some what... The Draftabulators are pretty quite right now... OTWP is still hanging in there, but Mecca disappears for time, Hamas just pops in and yells for a post or two. Dane isnt as vocal as he once was, but his anger at life is still pretty strong.

Could you say?

Draftabulators - getting shit wrong since 2009

IF they didnt stat that opinion as fact and the only fact that you should listen to. It wouldnt be so bad. Hell were all wrong most of the time. But there is a difference in being wrong vs being absolutely wrong because you of your opinion based as fact.

I find it funny to bring up some of this stuff for the exact point you are making. Too many people try to state their opinion as if it fact and call you an idiot for not agreeing with their opinion.

It's all in jest. I am sure you can find a post by me somewhere calling Thigpen the Chiefs QBOTF. LMAO

Reerun_KC
10-28-2010, 09:13 AM
I find it funny to bring up some of this stuff for the exact point you are making. Too many people try to state their opinion as if it fact and call you an idiot for not agreeing with their opinion.

It's all in jest. I am sure you can find a post by me somewhere calling Thigpen the Chiefs QBOTF. LMAO

Oh I am sure there are plenty of retarded comments or opinions posted by me somewhere...

Nobody, I mean nobody railed Herm like I did. I owned him during his duration, right or wrong....

TheGuardian
10-28-2010, 09:53 AM

Calling people ill informed idiots and retards is another thing. Especially when you are dead wrong on your opinion.

This.....

Discuss Thrower
10-28-2010, 09:54 AM
Consequences will never be the same.

There is a 75% chance of a SHITSTORM this afternoon.

Inspector
10-28-2010, 11:02 AM
Wow that's some ownage.

OnTheShitPath58

Mecca

Dane

Oh yeah....

Well, what about that one guy....you know, that idiot. That total idiot guy.

Yeah, what about him?

MOhillbilly
10-28-2010, 11:06 AM
vrabels football IQ may be 200 but his first step in back on back situations is nonexistent.

Oh Snap
10-28-2010, 12:02 PM
The only problem I have with our OL, and albert in particular, is their pass blocking. They are superb when it comes to run blocking, but pass blocking needs to be better for this team. Cassel also needs to get rid of the ball more quickly than he has, but he has made some improvement...which is a very good sign.

Im glad we have lilja back. I think it was 2003 or 2004 when the colts signed him off our practice squad. I recall people saying he was going to be very legit at the time...then Indianapolis comes knocking and takes him away from us. Glad to see we have him back!

MOhillbilly
10-28-2010, 12:19 PM
albert still takes a funky first step from time to time in PB situations. Its like his brain and feet cant quite get the angle of attack down. If he ever does he will be a fucking force.

JohnnyV13
10-28-2010, 12:38 PM
I liked the acquisitions of Lilja and Weigmann. I'm not sure if I can support it from old posts, but my thinking was that both Lilja and Weigmann were more mobile blockers, not straight ahead power guys.

But, that fit the talents of our backs.

Charles is a guy that excels when paired with a moblie, 2nd level blocking type of line. People keep characterizing Thomas Jones as a "inside" runner, but he's really more of a cutback guy. Yeah TJ runs inside, but that's because he cuts back a stretch play rather than slamming straight forward.

Again, that's a style of runner that needs mobile blockers.

While this line is a good run blocking line, it just ain't the DV line from early in the millenium. That line was truly phenomenal in that it was BOTH mobile and good at straight ahead power. Add in a truly shut down left tackle in Willie Roaf and a future HOF in Shields, and you have one of the best units in NFL history.

Rausch
10-28-2010, 12:41 PM
I can get behind that.

DON'T YOU ****ING JUDGE THE NATURE OR VALIDITY OF MY AGGRESSION!1!:cuss:

KCDC
10-28-2010, 12:58 PM
Dane may have been wrong about the 3-0 start and Lilja (and is the only CPer to neg rep me), but he was one of the first to applaud the 2010 draft of playmakers in the second round when it was a very unpopular position to take at the time on these boards. I think time will continue to vindicate both picks.

Marcellus
10-28-2010, 04:56 PM
Dane may have been wrong about the 3-0 start and Lilja (and is the only CPer to neg rep me), but he was one of the first to applaud the 2010 draft of playmakers in the second round when it was a very unpopular position to take at the time on these boards. I think time will continue to vindicate both picks.

He has also been much mellower lately.

Still doesn't change the fact he was completely wrong and was an asshole about it.

Fritz88
10-28-2010, 05:09 PM

and here

My fave.

ROFLROFLROFL

DaneMcCloud
10-28-2010, 05:14 PM

Marcellus is up to his old tricks again, I see.

:rolleyes:

Lilja was signed to a cheap contract and no one else was interested in signing him. I thought he was done, due to missing the 2008 season and after he was cut by Indy less than one year after signing a contract extension.

Not only has he proven me wrong, but he's proven 31 other GM's wrong as well. There are plenty of teams in need of starting offensive line help that would have lined up to sign him with no signing bonus and only $2 million a year had they known he would play like he's played.

The Chiefs also drafted Asamoah in the third round as a potential starting right guard. So clearly, the Chiefs were covering their ass in case Lilja wouldn't perform at a high level.

So far, I'd say he's exceeded expectations but let's not pretend this was a slam dunk signing.

Marcellus
10-28-2010, 05:19 PM
Marcellus is up to his old tricks again, I see.

:rolleyes:

Lilja was signed to a cheap contract and no one else was interested in signing him. I thought he was done, due to missing the 2008 season and after he was cut by Indy less than one year after signing a contract extension.

Not only has he proven me wrong, but he's proven 31 other GM's wrong as well. There are plenty of teams in need of starting offensive line help that would have lined up to sign him with no signing bonus and only $2 million a year had they known he would play like he's played.

The Chiefs also drafted Asamoah in the third round as a potential starting right guard. So clearly, the Chiefs were covering their ass in case Lilja wouldn't perform at a high level.

So far, I'd say he's exceeded expectations but let's not pretend this was a slam dunk signing.

Old tricks? Not sure what you mean there?

Slam dunk? Nobody is saying that.

Someone was saying some Chiefs fans are, and I quote, "Retarded", and that some fans, and I quote "needed to get a clue".

Nothing wrong with being wrong unless you a total asshole when trying like hell to shove your opinion down everyone's throat as if it were fact.

You deserve all the crow served to you.

Your next comment will be fuck you and at least I have an opinion,

My response will be I also have an opinion go back and look it up.

Now we can stop.

DaneMcCloud
10-28-2010, 05:22 PM
He has also been much mellower lately.

Still doesn't change the fact he was completely wrong and was an asshole about it.

No, YOU'RE the asshole.

Funny how you like to point out, do searches and blah, blah, blah to prove me somehow "wrong", but when I'm right about something, like let's say, the Casey Weigman signing, you somehow disappear.

I don't even think you're a Chiefs fan: I think you're a lonely asshole who's only reason for posting in Chiefsplanet berate other members. You rarely offer an opinion and when you do, it's unusually idiotic and unfounded.

DaneMcCloud
10-28-2010, 05:24 PM

Someone was saying some Chiefs fans are, and I quote, "Retarded", and that some fans, and I quote "needed to get a clue".

Nothing wrong with being wrong unless you a total asshole when trying like hell to shove your opinion down everyone's throat as if it were fact.

You deserve all the crow served to you.

Your next comment will be fuck you and at least I have an opinion,

My response will be I also have an opinion go back and look it up.

Now we can stop.

Well, you stupid Motherfucker, go ahead and "look up" the fact that I praised Lilja in the preaseason and after the first game, stating that he was the best performing offensive lineman at that time and that I was wrong about how much he had left in the tank.

And then, go fuck yourself. Without me or the other "Horseman", no one knows or gives a fuck about you.

DaneMcCloud
10-28-2010, 05:28 PM
Wow that's some ownage.

OnTheShitPath58

Mecca

Dane

Oh, just fuck you. You're dumbassery knows no bounds.

Lilja has played well. That was never an issue. His issue has been about his health and through six games, he's been healthy.

If the Chiefs thought that Lilja was the answer for the next 3-4 years at right guard, they wouldn't have drafted Asamoah with their first 3rd round pick.

DaneMcCloud
10-28-2010, 05:29 PM

Why did the Chiefs draft Jon Asamoah, a four year starter at right guard with their first 3rd round pick, barely a month after acquiring Lilja to play right guard?

Marcellus
10-28-2010, 06:11 PM
Lmao. Script played to a T. You realize how easy you are to fuck with right?

DaneMcCloud
10-28-2010, 06:28 PM
Lmao. Script played to a T. You realize how easy you are to fuck with right?

And do you realize how thin-skinned you are?

I find it quite hilarious that you take football forum smack to heart, so much so that you take time out of your day to "prove" people wrong.

LMAO

You're such a fuckin' loser.

LMAO

yhf
10-28-2010, 06:30 PM
No, YOU'RE the asshole.

I don't even think you're a Chiefs fan: I think you're a lonely asshole who's only reason for posting in Chiefsplanet berate other members. You rarely offer an opinion and when you do, it's unusually idiotic and unfounded.

Not really trying be hateful towards ya Dane (I think you have been surprisingly pleasant lately).

But... Uh... Pot, meet Kettle.

cosmo20002
10-28-2010, 06:45 PM
I've been watching game tape tonight of the 49ers game, the Texans game, and the Jags game.

How bored are you?

-King-
10-28-2010, 06:55 PM
No, YOU'RE the asshole.

Funny how you like to point out, do searches and blah, blah, blah to prove me somehow "wrong", but when I'm right about something, like let's say, the Casey Weigman signing, you somehow disappear.

Dane, I like you, but as I've said many times before...you're like the walking definition of irony.

Tylerthigpen!1!
10-28-2010, 07:09 PM
If the Chiefs thought that Lilja was the answer for the next 3-4 years at right guard, they wouldn't have drafted Asamoah with their first 3rd round pick.

Well it's not like Waters is getting any younger either. They might think Asamoah is versatile.

DaneMcCloud
10-28-2010, 07:35 PM
Well it's not like Waters is getting any younger either. They might think Asamoah is versatile.

That's speculation.

Asamoah was a four year starter at right guard. While he may be fully capable of playing left guard at a high level, that hasn't exactly been proven to date.

My main concern with Lilja wasn't his ability, it was his ability to stay healthy. He's been healthy this year to date and hopefully, that will continue.

But if Marcellus is going to call ME out for my concern back in March, he'd better call out 31 GM's, especially Bill Polian.

Marcellus
10-28-2010, 07:36 PM
And do you realize how thin-skinned you are?

I find it quite hilarious that you take football forum smack to heart, so much so that you take time out of your day to "prove" people wrong.

LMAO

You're such a ****in' loser.

LMAO

It took literally 5 minutes to look that up and post.

I did it because I knew there was a ton of dumbshit posted about the Lilja signing. I wasn't looking for you, it was just there. That's not my fault but keep blaming me for your actions.

Not close to being a loser. But feel to free to think I am, it doesn't hurt my feelings at all.

Questioning my fanhood is laughable. I don't spend all my time bashing the team. Not saying you have been lately but when I did the search it showed up. Again your persona is not my fault.
I'm not the asshole. I do however like to defend the people who are bashed for having their own opinion.

Sorry if that bothers you.

DaneMcCloud
10-28-2010, 07:36 PM
Dane, I like you, but as I've said many times before...you're like the walking definition of irony.

Really? So I don't talk football?

My only reason for being here is to call out others AFTER THE FACT?

How many threads have I started in more than 10 years in which I call out others for being wrong? I'll let you know right now: NONE.

Fuck, that would be a full time job around here.

DaneMcCloud
10-28-2010, 07:40 PM
It took literally 5 minutes to look that up and post.

I did it because I knew there was a ton of dumbshit posted about the Lilja signing. I wasn't looking for you, it was just there. That's not my fault but keep blaming me for your actions.

Dumb shit? Dumb shit?

Look, Douche, Lilja wasn't exactly sought after, nor did he sign a large contract, nor did he receive a signing bonus. The Chiefs weren't exactly sure if he could stay healthy or they wouldn't have burned a high third round draft choice on Asamoah.

Through six games, he's played very well and has been relatively injury free. To date, it's been worth the "risk" of signing him. But to act like I'm "wrong" because through six games, Lilja hasn't been injured is truly "Dumbshit".

But go ahead and continue to spend "five minutes" looking for people that might possibly be wrong about something. That's the same type of petty behavior that I was referring to in my previous post.

Marcellus
10-28-2010, 07:48 PM
Dumb shit? Dumb shit?

Look, Douche, Lilja wasn't exactly sought after, nor did he sign a large contract, nor did he receive a signing bonus. The Chiefs weren't exactly sure if he could stay healthy or they wouldn't have burned a high third round draft choice on him.

Through six games, he's played very well and has been relatively injury free. To date, it's been worth the "risk" of signing him. But to act like I'm "wrong" because through six games, Lilja hasn't been injured is truly "Dumbshit".

But go ahead and continue to spend "five minutes" looking for people that might possibly be wrong about something.

LMAO

Great argument Dane. It completely backs up the comments you made when the suggestion of signing him was made.

He is not a good signing at ANY price?

Doesn't seem to be what you are saying now.

Just say fuck it I was wrong and that would be the end of it. Laugh at yourself.

Like I said I bet I have a post saying Thigpen is the Chiefs QBOTF. It was a dumbass thing to say but I have no issue saying I was wrong and it was stupid and defies all football logic.

I also don't have a history of calling people retards and idiots so calling me out when I am wrong isn't quite so entertaining is it. Mainly because I don't call people names and act like my opinion is fact.

What it comes down to is you can dish it out but you can't take it. Again, that's not a me problem, that's a you problem.

DaneMcCloud
10-28-2010, 09:59 PM
I also don't have a history of calling people retards and idiots so calling me out when I am wrong isn't quite so entertaining is it. Mainly because I don't call people names and act like my opinion is fact.

No, you don't because you're the fucking dumbass who doesn't comment on matters as they occur, only AFTER the fact.

Case in point:

Weigmann has turned out better then I thought but not greatly so. He hasn't had a bad year in quite some time. Just like Lilja.

It's not like they were years removed from playing well.

You didn't make a fucking comment in this thread until TODAY.

Not in March. Or April (after they drafted Asamoah). Not in May.

NO WHERE.

You're fucking dumbass piece of shit, whose only function here is to comment AFTER the fact and insult those people who are wrong.

In short, you're a motherfucking pussy, either unable or incapable of putting your ASS on the line.

Furthermore, where are my props for the Thomas Jones signing? The Casey Weigmann signing? The 2010 Draft?

You're fucking hypocritical bitch.

I hope your wife wakes you up in the middle of the night and FUCK YOU in the ass.

go bo
10-28-2010, 11:57 PM
oooh, kink-key!!!

DaneMcCloud
10-29-2010, 12:01 AM
oooh, kink-key!!!

LMAO

Marcellus
10-29-2010, 07:31 AM
No, you don't because you're the ****ing dumbass who doesn't comment on matters as they occur, only AFTER the fact.

Case in point:

You didn't make a ****ing comment in this thread until TODAY.

Not in March. Or April (after they drafted Asamoah). Not in May.

NO WHERE.

You're ****ing dumbass piece of shit, whose only function here is to comment AFTER the fact and insult those people who are wrong.

Excuse me? http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=225203

Lets hold on to every FA failure or mistake this organization has made the last 20 years because all the same people are still involved. Oh wait they aren't. K.Bell has nothing to do with Ryan Lilja. Nothing.

The issue is simply this, as a Chief's fan it is impossible to expect that because we signed a good player cut by another team that we could actually have success with them.

As stated in the article there is nothing to support the health issue. 21 consecutive games played, nothing on the injury report.

Lets get past the impending doom complex for once. I believe Hamas used Achem's Razor in an argument in another post.

Usually the simplest explanation is the preferred one. They said they wanted to go bigger on OL. Why can't it be that simple?

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=6620654&postcount=11