PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Gil Brandt is an idiot

Red Dawg
10-28-2010, 06:51 AM
http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/10/27/brandt-auburns-newton-better-than-tebow/?module=HP_spotlight#sort:TimeStampDescending/page:3

Newton is a worse NFL prospect than Tebow. If you are running for more yards that you are throwing then you are not really playing the QB position. QB's read a defense and deliver the ball to the open man. He doesn't do alot of this at all. Cam will be a bum in the pros.

Al Bundy
10-28-2010, 06:56 AM
http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/10/27/brandt-auburns-newton-better-than-tebow/?module=HP_spotlight#sort:TimeStampDescending/page:3

Newton is a worse NFL prospect than Tebow. If you are running for more yards that you are throwing then you are not really playing the QB position. QB's read a defense and deliver the ball to the open man. He doesn't do alot of this at all. Cam will be a bum in the pros.

Well.... you are wrong about Brandt being an idiot.

Red Dawg
10-28-2010, 07:05 AM
Well.... you are wrong about Brandt being an idiot.

No I'm not. Clearly you must be just as crazy as he is. What is an NFL QB's job on the field? If you know what that is then it's easy to see how stupid he is. He's also in the minority on this issue as most sports writers will take the stance that I have taken. He will suck in the pros and when Tebow starts he will suck as well.

Al Bundy
10-28-2010, 07:09 AM
No I'm not. Clearly you must be just as crazy as he is. What is an NFL QB's job on the field? If you know what that is then it's easy to see how stupid he is. He's also in the minority on this issue as most sports writers will take the stance that I have taken. He will suck in the pros and when Tebow starts he will suck as well.

I never said he wasn't wrong about this one... all I said was "He's not an idiot."

penchief
10-28-2010, 07:14 AM
Brandt may be losing it just a little from old age but he is definitely not an idiot. He knows more about football players than just about anybody. The only thing I have a hard time with is his filler phrases he uses over and over again, such as, "is what that is," and "what it is, is," and "whatnot and such."

He's got about a half dozen of them that he uses just about every other sentence. He has pretty good insights but listening to him drives me nuts sometimes.

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-28-2010, 07:24 AM
Tebow will go down as the greatest Hall of fame QB ever when it's all said and done/ Knowmo

Dave Lane
10-28-2010, 07:25 AM

Sounds about right to me.

Al Bundy
10-28-2010, 07:26 AM
Tebow will go down as the greatest Hall of fame QB ever when it's all said and done/ Knowmo

The only thing thats going to go down with Tebow is Knowmo on him.

RealSNR
10-28-2010, 07:30 AM
Saccopoo loves him some Cam Newton. Maybe Tuckdaddy and he are mults of each other?

Red Dawg
10-28-2010, 08:52 AM
Brandt may be losing it just a little from old age but he is definitely not an idiot. He knows more about football players than just about anybody. The only thing I have a hard time with is his filler phrases he uses over and over again, such as, "is what that is," and "what it is, is," and "whatnot and such."

He's got about a half dozen of them that he uses just about every other sentence. He has pretty good insights but listening to him drives me nuts sometimes.

If he knows so much about football players then how can he be so wrong about this. He literally said Cam was the most exciting player ever and NFL teams will be all over him. None of this is true. I stand by my stance that he's an idiot.

DJ's left nut
10-28-2010, 09:07 AM

Brandt knows as much about football as anyone ever has.

Is he wrong? Perhaps, but he's certainly not an idiot.

Perhaps you should read up a bit of logically dissecting an argument. "Oh yeah, well you're an idiot" doesn't get you much traction among anyone with a brain in their head.

DJ's left nut
10-28-2010, 09:10 AM
If he knows so much about football players then how can he be so wrong about this. He literally said Cam was the most exciting player ever and NFL teams will be all over him. None of this is true. I stand by my stance that he's an idiot.

Einstein has had several theories that have been proven wrong. Even special relativity has been refuted to varying levels of degrees.

Napoleon wasn't undefeated, nor was Alexander and there's never been better military minds.

Being wrong, even exceptionally wrong, doesn't make one an idiot.

Failing to understand this concept however, does.

Moron.

penchief
10-28-2010, 09:14 AM

I'll say this. Nobody is right 100% of the time. He's missed on guys before and he's hit on guys that nobody else thought would amount to much. He puts a lot more into his evaluations than most people do so sometimes that might mean he weighs some things more than he should.

The bottom line is that it's his opinion. He's had plenty of opinions that weren't mainstream which have turned out to be accurate. Whether he's right or wrong in his evaluation of Newton, nobody will know for sure until it plays out.

Regardless, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt rather than call him an idiot.

KCinNY
10-28-2010, 09:46 AM
NFL QBs have to make plays in the pocket. That's not to say that mobility isn't an asset. It certainly can be.

But at the end of the day, great NFL QBs earn their greatness by delivering the football from the pocket.

Red Dawg
10-28-2010, 09:57 AM
I'll say this. Nobody is right 100% of the time. He's missed on guys before and he's hit on guys that nobody else thought would amount to much. He puts a lot more into his evaluations than most people do so sometimes that might mean he weighs some things more than he should.

The bottom line is that it's his opinion. He's had plenty of opinions that weren't mainstream which have turned out to be accurate. Whether he's right or wrong in his evaluation of Newton, nobody will know for sure until it plays out.

Regardless, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt rather than call him an idiot.

OK. Idiot is a little harsh. A very poor opinion and crazy talk.

Chiefnj2
10-28-2010, 09:57 AM
I know he doesn't throw a whole hell of a lot, but he has a 65% completion record on the year, and has faced some decent competition.

Pablo
10-28-2010, 10:07 AM
We can only hope the Fade draft him.

The Chiefs in a division facing Tebow and Newton...beautiful.

Red Dawg
10-28-2010, 10:20 AM
I know he doesn't throw a whole hell of a lot, but he has a 65% completion record on the year, and has faced some decent competition.

That's all nice but have you watched him play? I have seen all his games but one and he doesn't throw worth a crap and he doesn't have to in the offense he's in just like ole Tim. That type of offense hurts his developement and will be the reason he can't make it in the pros.

Red Dawg
10-28-2010, 10:20 AM
We can only hope the Fade draft him.

The Chiefs in a division facing Tebow and Newton...beautiful.

That would be fantastic.

Red Dawg
10-28-2010, 10:23 AM
Running QB's don't make it the NFL. How many times does this have to be proven. The on;y one that came close was Vick and the games he's played this season he was getting it done with his arm not just his legs. He used his legs as weapon and not his offense.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-28-2010, 10:27 AM
It is painful to listen to Brandt on Sirius fumble around with names, mispronounce names, and then when asked to evaluate someone tell a story about how he ate dinner with that player's college coach's ninth cousin.

Chiefnj2
10-28-2010, 10:29 AM
That's all nice but have you watched him play? I have seen all his games but one and he doesn't throw worth a crap and he doesn't have to in the offense he's in just like ole Tim. That type of offense hurts his developement and will be the reason he can't make it in the pros.

Lots of people laughed when the first few "experts" came out and said Tebow would be a first round pick. Lots of people laughed when people said Tebow could go before Clausen. People laughed when some experts said Clausen wouldn't go in the first round. Some people didn't think Bradford would be any good in the NFL; he's a fragile spread monkey. Some people laughed about taking Freeman in the first.

My point - wait until April.

Red Dawg
10-28-2010, 10:48 AM
Lots of people laughed when the first few "experts" came out and said Tebow would be a first round pick. Lots of people laughed when people said Tebow could go before Clausen. People laughed when some experts said Clausen wouldn't go in the first round. Some people didn't think Bradford would be any good in the NFL; he's a fragile spread monkey. Some people laughed about taking Freeman in the first.

My point - wait until April.

I have no doubt a team will take him in the first just like I said that Tebow will be gone in the first. Some teams just over evaluate and look to hard at what a player can do instead of what he's done. Can he throw the ball accurately day in in day out? Sure he can with great coaching will be the answer from some experts. What has he done? Ran with the ball alot.
Cam runs with the ball alot and there is alot of proof that that type of play will make him abust in the NFL. You wanna wait till April and that's a good idea but it will be obvious when they play Bama. He won't be running for 200 on a NIck Saban.

OnTheWarpath15
10-28-2010, 11:29 AM
I haven't seen the kid play.

Is he the next Vince Young?

You know, one read, not there, take off and run?

(though VY has gotten better at reading defenses)

Pioli Zombie
10-28-2010, 12:31 PM
He's an idiot! No, you're an idiot! No, you're an idiot for thinking he's not an idiot! Well, you're an idiot for thinking he's an idiot! Well you're an idiot for not thinking that you think he's not NOT and idiot!! - CP

Chiefnj2
10-28-2010, 12:51 PM
I haven't seen the kid play.

Is he the next Vince Young?

You know, one read, not there, take off and run?

(though VY has gotten better at reading defenses)

He's more of a runner than passer right now, but when he does pass he's pretty accurate. He's also extremely raw, so it's tough to judge anything other than his freakish athleticism.

The Franchise
10-28-2010, 01:40 PM
He's more of a runner than passer right now, but when he does pass he's pretty accurate. He's also extremely raw, so it's tough to judge anything other than his freakish athleticism.

This.

I like the kid....but I'm hoping that he can stay another year and work on his passing game more.

DaKCMan AP
10-28-2010, 02:00 PM
"If it was up to me, I would still want to be at Florida," Newton said earlier this week.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/column...ark&id=5709856

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/media/photo/2010-01/51386552.JPG

keg in kc
10-28-2010, 02:05 PM
I think he could have more athletic upside than Tebow. Although I'm not sure either of them translates well into an NFL quarterback. I certainly wouldn't say that he's a better prospect right now, though. He hasn't played nearly enough.

Mecca
10-28-2010, 03:03 PM
Brandt is just really senile, stories about how you went fishing with the guys dad's brother's cousin's roommate in 1947 don't really lead to much in the way of telling us about the player.

RealSNR
10-28-2010, 03:10 PM
"If it was up to me, I would still want to be at Florida," Newton said earlier this week.

So would this guy

http://www.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/95131_o.gif

ChiefGator
10-28-2010, 03:14 PM

It was up to him. And then he apparently stole a laptop. And tossed it out the window when the cops came a'knockin.

He is not nearly as bright or put together as Tebow. And he won't go in the first, unless he suddenly turns it around.

Not to say I don't dream about how the Gators would look with Cam in there instead of Brantley.

HemiEd
10-28-2010, 03:21 PM
It is painful to listen to Brandt on Sirius fumble around with names, mispronounce names, and then when asked to evaluate someone tell a story about how he ate dinner with that player's college coach's ninth cousin.

ROFL That is a pretty good description, seriously.

But it still better than hearing Jerry Rice say "You know" five hundred and eighty six times, in a three sentence statement.

DaKCMan AP
10-28-2010, 03:32 PM
It was up to him. And then he apparently stole a laptop. And tossed it out the window when the cops came a'knockin.

He is not nearly as bright or put together as Tebow. And he won't go in the first, unless he suddenly turns it around.

Not to say I don't dream about how the Gators would look with Cam in there instead of Brantley.

He wasn't kicked off the team for the laptop incident. He decided to transfer once Tebow announced he was returning for his senior season.

Chiefnj2
10-28-2010, 03:39 PM
He wasn't kicked off the team for the laptop incident. He decided to transfer once Tebow announced he was returning for his senior season.

Damn right. Florida won't kick you out for involvement with stolen property, you've got to be a real thug to get suspended.

DaKCMan AP
10-28-2010, 03:43 PM
Damn right. Florida won't kick you out for involvement with stolen property, you've got to be a real thug to get suspended.

He wasn't kicked off, however he was suspended. In most cases they let the legal situation work itself out. I suppose you would prefer to convict immediately?

All charges against Newton were dropped after he completed a court-approved pretrial diversion program.