PDA

View Full Version : Football Funny Sports Writing Style or Not

NewChief
10-29-2010, 09:46 AM
I'm torn over this guy who is writing for one of our local e-zines. I think I like it, though.

http://www.fayettevilleflyer.com/2010/10/29/hogs-guy-predicts-vanderbilt-vs-arkansas/
Hogs Guy Predicts: Vanderbilt vs. Arkansas
By Hogs Guy · October 29, 2010 · 1 Comment ·

Hogs Guy
To all of the various readers that have been reading and enjoying my sports articles about the college football team of Arkansas Razorbacks. First, my name is Hogs Guy. Second, and I L-O-V-E the Hogs footballers. And more important than that, is how good they are at winning and life. C, I’d say their cool for 43 reasons. Amen brothers. Amen sisters. Amen it all to heck. Hogs and Bobby Petrino coach, Ryan Malletts, they’re wide receivers and more are teh sweet team to cheer for.

Speaking of cheer fors, when the Arkansas team beat the Ole Missers last week! We scored several more points than the other team. In fact, it was a final game score of 38 to 24, in favor of our team (the Razorbakcs!)! That means it’s time to go a Hogs Call cheer:

Whoo-weee pigs! Ooie!
Whoo-weee pigs! Ooie
Whoo-weee pigs! Ooie! The razorbacks can!

Fire is in my blood. And that is because we have a winner coach over our old losing coach of Houston Nutt. It was a different looking game than before it happened. The Razorbacks didn’t do a ton of pass play choices. That’s because Malletts threw intercept pass-play #7 on the year already and then had a sore shoulder. It wasn’t a game plan, but then Knife Knile Davis ran it left and ran it right and ran it almost two football game fields and scored three six-pointers. Bad news is Joe Adams and Greg Childs got hurt. And then it rained a bunch. And then Houston Nutts was at a loss for ideas and or wins. What a dumb choice.

Hogs Guy spotted calling the Hogs
Which brings us to winning 5 of most of our games this year. Due to this achievement, the college officials have said that we are now the Homecomers for the weekend! And that means that we get to throw parties and footballs and the rules say we have to play football against a not so very good team. That team is called Vanderbilt-Commodores.

The Vanderbilts have only won 2 of most of their games this year. Like we did, they were the winning team in their match up with Old Miss. But don’t let that fool your mind and whatever idea you have of evenness. The Vanderbilts are not very too good at football. They ARE very too good at graduation plays. Nerds.

We have a good news in that Malletts will be playing quarterback. More good news is that Greg Childs and his ankle have said they should play. Bad news is Joe Adams and his ankle say no way guys, we aren’t going to run around, give me a rest, give us a rest we mean. More bad news, Dequinta Jones was running red stoplights and holding bags of weed pot out of his car window for any cop to see. Which means he gots arrested. Which means his play is suspended for life. Or until Petrinos says his play isn’t suspended.

Maybe our defense got smarter and better over the week. They really have to start getting smarter soon, we have big tough games to play soon for the rest of the season. But this week shouldn’t be so big or tough so we can be the Homecomers and throw parties before and throw parties after we throw footballs on the winning field of football contests.

And if you’re wanting to take me on in a bet, you can. I think this is how the game will turn out – Arkansas Razorbacks 45, Vanderbilt 13. If you think you can beat me, first off, you can’t. Get a life. Second off, tell me YOUR score guess below. I’d say good luck, but you’ve already lost. And don’t even think about guessing AGAINST the Hogs. If you do the vision of me ripping the bottom off a iron skillet is the least of your worries. The most of your worries should be how in the heck I did it. A portion of your worries should be what I will do with it after I rip it off. Option A: hit you. Option B: frisbee you. Option C: large human coin flip. Hint. It’s probably A and B. C is dumb.

I’m Hogs Guy. Bye.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4133/5042986385_2ab0e01c58_z.jpg

Phobia
10-29-2010, 09:57 AM
It's awful. Hated it. But the small gal in the yellow blouse is just right for me.

NewChief
10-29-2010, 10:01 AM
It's awful. Hated it. But the small gal in the yellow blouse is just right for me.

She's some CBS sports chick, I guess.

The style kind of reminds of me kcnut meets Borat.

Frazod
10-29-2010, 10:03 AM
I remember reading all the trash talk on various sports boards from these Arkansas idiots prior to the MU Cotton Bowl. They were strangly absent after the game, however.

Sounded eerily similar to this moron.

Phobia
10-29-2010, 10:05 AM
Maybe it's funny - I gave it about 20 seconds beyond the first misused "their" and then clicked out. I'm not a grammar nazi but if you're going to write - webzine or otherwise, understand the basic rules. I will not read anybody who hasn't at least mastered 7th grade English.

NewChief
10-29-2010, 10:06 AM
I remember reading all the trash talk on various sports boards from these Arkansas idiots prior to the MU Cotton Bowl. They were strangly absent after the game, however.

Sounded eerily similar to this moron.

Yeah, I can't figure out if he's supposed to be a dumbass hillbilly... or if he's trying to play a foreigner who is writing about football and knows nothing about it.

NewChief
10-29-2010, 10:07 AM
Maybe it's funny - I gave it about 20 seconds beyond the first misused "their" and then clicked out. I'm not a grammar nazi but if you're going to write - webzine or otherwise, understand the basic rules. I will not read anybody who hasn't at least mastered 7th grade English.

That's all intentional, I'm assuming.

Bugeater
10-29-2010, 10:09 AM
Cool, Demonpenz must have finally gotten another job after getting laid off from the Atchison Times.

Stanley Nickels
10-29-2010, 11:35 AM
Unfunny troll is unfunny. Poor performance even for a student paper.

Rausch
10-29-2010, 11:37 AM

A gal with the "please don't hurt me" look isn't much of a personal turn on.

Just me.

Just how I feel...

Reaper16
10-29-2010, 11:40 AM
His voice isn't there yet. He should keep working on it, though. There's potential there in his ironic voice for something worth reading. Right now he's no better than a shtick poster on a message board

Pants
10-29-2010, 11:40 AM
That's all intentional, I'm assuming.

That's what I thought about kcnut for my first 2 years here. I kid you not. I would laugh at his posts thinking how hilarious his style was.

Jewish Rabbi
10-29-2010, 01:37 PM
I almost made it past the first paragraph.

NewChief
10-29-2010, 01:39 PM
That's what I thought about kcnut for my first 2 years here. I kid you not. I would laugh at his posts thinking how hilarious his style was.

I thought that up until a few weeks back when someone enlightened me as to the true story. I felt like an asshole.

Pants
10-29-2010, 02:19 PM
I thought that up until a few weeks back when someone enlightened me as to the true story. I felt like an asshole.

I don't think I know the true story. I did feel bad when I found out he wasn't typing like that on purpose, though.

Psyko Tek
10-29-2010, 03:38 PM
Yeah, I can't figure out if he's supposed to be a dumbass hillbilly... or if he's trying to play a foreigner who is writing about football and knows nothing about it.

my guess it's straight up truth
what you see is what you get

it's not a joke

NewChief
10-29-2010, 05:54 PM
my guess it's straight up truth
what you see is what you get

it's not a joke

Ummmm. No. Did you see the picture of the guy? He's definitely trying to create a persona.

Psyko Tek
10-29-2010, 07:29 PM
looks like a normal moran to me
but I grew up in NE and live in AZ
he would fit right in a party in either place

KcMizzou
10-29-2010, 07:32 PM
A gal with the "please don't hurt me" look isn't much of a personal turn on.

Just me.

Just how I feel..."Ugh. He's touching me. He's touching me!"

RJ
10-29-2010, 08:11 PM
Reminds me of reading Junie B Jones books with my daughter.