PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Succop saves Haley's ass!

chiefsfan1963
10-31-2010, 02:51 PM
Going for it too many times on 4th down instead of kicking a easy field goal could of cost Haley losing to a the winless Bills. Succop saved his ass.

RealSNR
10-31-2010, 02:52 PM
SOUNDS FASCINATING TELL ME MORE

KCrockaholic
10-31-2010, 02:52 PM
Weis and Haley both fucked up a lot in this game. Passing it on 3rd and 1 with the best rushing offense in the NFL??????

KCrockaholic
10-31-2010, 02:53 PM
Weis and Haley both fucked up a lot in this game. Passing it on 3rd and 1 with the best rushing offense in the NFL??????

Bwana
10-31-2010, 02:53 PM
No doubt about that. There are times a field goal is not a bad thing Todd!

milkman
10-31-2010, 02:58 PM
Going for it too many times on 4th down instead of kicking a easy field goal could of cost Haley losing to a the winless Bills. Succop saved his ass.

Did your dumb ass happen to see Succop miss a FG from roughly the same distance in OT that Haley passed up on earlier?

Hammock Parties
10-31-2010, 03:09 PM
Haley went for it on 4th down what, once?

Shut the fuck up.

Succop saved Cassel's ass.

-King-
10-31-2010, 03:10 PM
No doubt about that. There are times a field goal is not a bad thing Todd!

Somethings wrong with Succop. His kickoffs were all line drives and his kicks haven't been great this year. I think that's why we're going for it so much.

MadMax
10-31-2010, 03:10 PM
Weis and Haley both ****ed up a lot in this game. Passing it on 3rd and 1 with the best rushing offense in the NFL??????

Worst play call of the game IMHO!!! Haven't we seen that already?

DementedLogic
10-31-2010, 03:11 PM
I don't blame him for going for it on 4th. The wind was really blowing hard. The play call was mind boggling though.

teedubya
10-31-2010, 03:11 PM
Weis and Haley both ****ed up a lot in this game. Passing it on 3rd and 1 with the best rushing offense in the NFL??????

That PISSSSSED. Me. Off.

It was REALLY fucking windy out there... but anytime Cassel has to pass, it pisses me off, really. lol

chiefsfan1963
10-31-2010, 03:12 PM
Did your dumb ass happen to see Succop miss a FG from roughly the same distance in OT that Haley passed up on earlier?

F**k you you piece of human excrement!

chiefsfan1963
10-31-2010, 03:18 PM

Donger
10-31-2010, 03:20 PM
Haley kind of reminds me of Costner's character in Tin Cup.

Mr. Laz
10-31-2010, 03:21 PM
Haley escapes his own dumbassery once again

Art Vader
10-31-2010, 03:23 PM
some dumb calls in this game.. dodged a good 4 bullets. thankfully Fuccop had a chance to redeem himself!

Baby Lee
10-31-2010, 03:23 PM
Haley kind of reminds me of Costner's character in Tin Cup.

Castle QBing the Chiefs reminds me of the NFL granting a 'Make a Wish' for a terminal retard.

LaChapelle
10-31-2010, 03:25 PM
Your DV tears are sweeter than the nectar of the endzone
Your Haley tears are more rancid than centaur's pre-poop anal water

Mosbonian
10-31-2010, 03:26 PM
We won....while I scratch my head at some of the playcalling, when it came right down to it Cassel led the Team down the field for the winning FG.

Does he deserve a pass for how badly he played the rest of the game...no. But anyone who doesn't at least give him credit for the last drive is being just a little disillusioned.

And BTW....I give Haley credit for knowing a hell of a lot more about what makes sense on the field. I think that he knew Succop would have problems on any long FG attempt.

Mr. Laz
10-31-2010, 03:31 PM
going for it on 4th down is one thing
giving up points to go for it on 4th down is a completely different thing

you take the points unless you have a VERY,VERY good reason

FloridaMan88
10-31-2010, 03:32 PM
Haley's reckless aggressiveness on 4th downs near the red zone, bypassing field goal attempts completely defy the overall theme he is supposedly trying to build with this team.

A conservative, mistake-free team goes with the %'s and takes the points in those situations. The 4th and 2 (and it was a full 2 yards, not like it was a few inches) was from Buffalo's 20 yard line... regardless of the wind, an NFL kicker should be able to make a FG from the opponent's 20 yard line... that is the high % decision at that point in the game.

And if you are going to go for it on 4th and short, play the percentages. You have the #1 ranked rushing offense in the NFL... RUN THE FOOTBALL.

JFC Todd

-King-
10-31-2010, 03:40 PM
going for it on 4th down is one thing
giving up points to go for it on 4th down is a completely different thing

you take the points unless you have a VERY,VERY good reason

Dude...Something is wrong with Succop. Look at his kicks this season. Look at his kickoffs.

scho63
10-31-2010, 03:41 PM
Why don't we ever kick a field goal? It;s OK to get 3 points on the board

scho63
10-31-2010, 03:42 PM
Why don't we ever kick a field goal? It's OK to get 3 points on the board

Bane
10-31-2010, 04:03 PM
We win in OT,and the Donks FAIL again...WIN WIN BABY!!!!WOOOOOOOOOOOO!FTW!!!!!!

patteeu
10-31-2010, 04:30 PM

What if I told you that your chances of making a field goal today were half of what they would be in perfect weather? Maybe it's a no-brainer to go for the "easy field goal" on 4th down when the chance of converting is 90%. But what about when it drops to 45% or 50% (you pick your numbers)?

I have no problem with Haley's decisions to go for it on 4th down today, especially after seeing Succop's OT miss. I like his philosophy

Reerun_KC
10-31-2010, 04:32 PM

Shut the **** up.

Jesus dude... this is such fail....

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-31-2010, 04:32 PM

Shut the fuck up.

Everyone saves Cassel's ass.

fxd.

milkman
10-31-2010, 04:46 PM

Don't get pissed at me because you're a dumbass.

chiefsfan1963
10-31-2010, 04:55 PM
Don't get pissed at me because you're a dumbass.

you're the biggest piece of sh*t on this board and if I ever walk down the street and meet you in person I will beat the living sh*t out of you. You motherf**ker!

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-31-2010, 04:56 PM
you're the biggest piece of sh*t on this board and if I ever walk down the street and meet you in person I will beat the living sh*t out of you. You motherf**ker!

ROFL

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bFOoEf_Oyj8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bFOoEf_Oyj8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

LaChapelle
10-31-2010, 05:01 PM
That's ban hammer material
right there

Pablo
10-31-2010, 05:07 PM
you're the biggest piece of sh*t on this board and if I ever walk down the street and meet you in person I will beat the living sh*t out of you. You motherf**ker!*Sung to Kid Rock's American Badass*

I'M. AN. Internet badass, watch me type...

Reerun_KC
10-31-2010, 05:13 PM
Well this isnt the first time in NFL history that a kicker won or saved a game for a HC...

the Talking Can
10-31-2010, 05:16 PM

you're like the guardian if he was a midget and a meth addict

alnorth
10-31-2010, 05:17 PM
What if I told you that your chances of making a field goal today were half of what they would be in perfect weather? Maybe it's a no-brainer to go for the "easy field goal" on 4th down when the chance of converting is 90%. But what about when it drops to 45% or 50% (you pick your numbers)?

I have no problem with Haley's decisions to go for it on 4th down today, especially after seeing Succop's OT miss. I like his philosophy

Thats a pretty good point, actually. After that first miss in OT, he saw that the wind was so nuts that he intentionally aimed his 2nd kick outside the right post

michaelj_58
10-31-2010, 05:18 PM
you don't take points off the board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

milkman
10-31-2010, 05:20 PM

Hey, I need a shaking in my boots smiley.

Rausch
10-31-2010, 05:23 PM

Are our odds of converting 4th downs 50%?

No, no they're not...

siberian khatru
10-31-2010, 05:24 PM

I wouldn't say he's the biggest piece of shit on the board.

Marcellus
10-31-2010, 05:25 PM

No, no they're not...

Depends on distance.

Bob Dole
10-31-2010, 05:27 PM

No, no they're not...

Not if you put it in Mattie's hand.

If you run the damned ball, Bob Dole likes our chances.

Rausch
10-31-2010, 05:27 PM
Hey, I need a shaking in my boots smiley.

http://imgboot.com/images/AlexW/internettoughguys.jpg

Mr. Plow
10-31-2010, 05:33 PM
Going for it on 4th is a hell of a lot better than what we had to put up with when Herm was the coach.

DJJasonp
10-31-2010, 06:11 PM
Dude...Something is wrong with Succop. Look at his kicks this season. Look at his kickoffs.

If it's as serious as a condition as you say it is - meaning, you cant rely on your kicker to kick a 35yd FG.....you drop him and get someone in that you can rely on to make that kick.

I dont care how much the wind is howling....you kick a 35yd FG (unless it's 4th and a yard or less).

Kickers are paid players too - they can adjust for the wind (especially a cross-wind, rather than "in your face wind" that might mean your kicker doesnt have the leg to make the distance)

35 yd FG...attempted, and made, and you win the game in regulation time.

guess what? going for it and not getting the 1st down...is no different than trying to kick the FG and missing it. I'd rather take the chance that has a high percentage of giving your team points on the board (and "2 possession lead" points at that).

Marcellus
10-31-2010, 06:20 PM
Going for it on 4th is a hell of a lot better than what we had to put up with when Herm was the coach.

Amen brother. Amen.

cdcox
10-31-2010, 06:24 PM
Wow, I don't get bagging on Haley at all. Succop missed a chippie for the win. Just another example of my mantra NEVER EVER TRUST A KEEKER. On a 4th and 1 inside the 30, you are almost always better going for it. I hope he keeps going for it.

LaChapelle
10-31-2010, 06:26 PM
His freezing the kicker TO worked
how often does that happen

DJJasonp
10-31-2010, 06:45 PM
Wow, I don't get bagging on Haley at all. Succop missed a chippie for the win. Just another example of my mantra NEVER EVER TRUST A KEEKER. On a 4th and 1 inside the 30, you are almost always better going for it. I hope he keeps going for it.

I agree with everything you said .....'cept it wasn't 4th and 1.

Brianfo
10-31-2010, 06:49 PM

Shut the **** up.

Ur a douche. Go find another team to root for.

milkman
10-31-2010, 06:52 PM

Who the fuck are you?

Mr. Laz
10-31-2010, 06:54 PM
you're a dumbass then

if you are playing martyball (running/defense) then you take whatever points you can get and use them to put pressure on the opposing offense and help your defense.

if Haley takes the fieldgoal in the 1st half then we don't go to overtime

TAKE THE POINTS ........... unless there is some serious reason not to

if Succop's health is screwed then we need to look at other options instead of rotating scrubs each week.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-31-2010, 06:56 PM

Nah, I'll wait for Pioli to admit his mistake, get us a QB, cut bait with Matt Loser, and continue being a Chiefs fan.

Thx!

boogblaster
10-31-2010, 06:59 PM
Wouldn't say he saved his ass .. but yes you should take points when they are given to ya .......

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-31-2010, 08:03 PM
My finger really smells bad !

patteeu
11-01-2010, 05:51 AM
you don't take points off the board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There were no points taken off the board. Taking points off the board happens when you do something like nullifying a successful field goal by deciding to take a penalty that gives you a first down.

farmerchief
11-01-2010, 06:04 AM
Why don't we ever kick a field goal? It's OK to get 3 points on the board

Is that you, Herm?:D

patteeu
11-01-2010, 06:26 AM

No, no they're not...

The Chiefs had converted 62.5% of their 4th downs up to that point. After yesterday's game, their 4th down conversion rate is 60%.

Besides, the odds don't necessarily have to be that high to make it worth going for it. If the chances of making a field goal are 50%, that means you can expect 1.5 points out of that drive. If by going for it, you get a 22% chance of scoring a touchdown + extra point, you exceed that expected value and that doesn't count the possibility that you can kick an even shorter field goal later in the drive if you end up in 4th and long. I don't know what the Chiefs' chance of scoring a TD once they get into the red zone is, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's higher than 22%.

patteeu
11-01-2010, 06:28 AM

Me too.

Dave Lane
11-01-2010, 06:51 AM

The dumb asses came out early in this thread. Proper football is about taking chances. We could punt on 1st down just to be safe.

smittysbar
11-01-2010, 06:58 AM
The call didn't bother me that bad. I like an aggressive coach.

Dave Lane
11-01-2010, 07:02 AM
The call didn't bother me that bad. I like an aggressive coach.

It's the smart play. Sometimes it doesn't work. I'd much rather be aggressive. It's not like this is going to be our superbowl year, we are still missing pieces to make any kind of a playoff run.

ChiTown
11-01-2010, 07:21 AM
Play calling bothered me much worse than going for it on 4th.