PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Arrowhead Pride members don't want to acknowledge how shitty Cassel is.

Hammock Parties
10-31-2010, 04:39 PM
I've been civilly debating these people for two weeks now and they refuse to hear the truth. They want to stick their heads in the sand and ignore Cassel's blinding ineptness.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/10/31/1785606/wow-are-there-any-cassel-defenders-left

Today I was temp banned despite despite my completely civil discourse on the subject.

ARROWHEAD PRIDE = MATT CASSEL PROPAGANDA MACHINE!!!

KCrockaholic
10-31-2010, 04:42 PM
CP may be a little too harsh on him at times, and AP is probably too nice. Cassel sucks, but over the last few weeks he's done everything asked of him. At the same time, he's a hopeless case and doesn't have a future in the NFL IMO.

Shogun
10-31-2010, 04:43 PM
I was JUST about to make the same thread linking to them. lol

LaChapelle
10-31-2010, 04:59 PM
The concern of who they replace him with is very real and scary
intervention may be needed for their sanity

BigRedChief
10-31-2010, 05:11 PM
Who cares? There isn't a Chiefs board out there thats the same as another. The Coalition is a safe homer board. This one talks about warts and all.
Arrowhead pride is trying to be somewhere in the middle with leaning toward homerism.

It's been my experience as a mod/admin on several Chief boards that a person is only comfortable in one place. You pick your style and stay with it and let the fans find you. I'd not trade the way this board is moderated for any other approach.

Reerun_KC
10-31-2010, 05:12 PM
Who cares? There isn't a Chiefs board out there thats the same as another. The Coalition is a safe homer board. This one talks about warts and all.
Arrowhead pride is trying to be somewhere in the middle with leaning toward homerism.

It's been my experience as a mod/admin on several Chief boards that a person is only comfortable in one place. You pick your style and stay with it and let the fans find you. I'd not trade the way this board is moderated for any other approach.

I kind of agree... Who really cares...

Some boards are homer boards, then you have Menstration Planet here... Doesnt make one better than the other?

Hell GC they would probably rather you just leave and never go back....

Oh Snap
10-31-2010, 05:14 PM
Cassel clearly has his limitations. He is every bit as good as Huard was...

KCrockaholic
10-31-2010, 05:18 PM

Oh Snap. Here comes GoChiefs.....

milkman
10-31-2010, 05:41 PM

That's so comforting to know.

Cassel is every bit as good as a guy who spent the majority of his career as a third stringer.

Reaper16
10-31-2010, 05:44 PM
Jesus, the posters on that site are horrendous.

Direckshun
10-31-2010, 06:21 PM
I love me some AP, it is the perfect ying to ChiefsPlanet's yang. It is homerism done at its absolute best, whereas CP is cynicism and fatalism at its absolute best. I don't think you can love what CP does without also appreciating what AP does.

That said... yeah. I don't think AP's even remotely close to being right on this issue.

Anybody know who wins, in terms of traffic? AP has to beat CP, right?

Reaper16
10-31-2010, 06:24 PM
I love me some AP, it is the perfect ying to ChiefsPlanet's yang. It is homerism done at its absolute best, whereas CP is cynicism and fatalism at its absolute best. I don't think you can love what CP does without also appreciating what AP does.

Bullshit. At least some of the homers here have fucking takes on football.

Direckshun
10-31-2010, 06:33 PM
Bullshit. At least some of the homers here have ****ing takes on football.

Pfft. And AP has its share of cynics, and a ton of people there that could go rounds on the intricacies of what happens in each game. They watch it just as closely as we do. And their members come up with some excellent breakdowns that rival what we regularly read here.

I prefer the CP way of doing things, mainly because I like cursing an awful lot, but I can appreciate the balance AP brings to the Chiefs web-o-sphere.

Ming the Merciless
10-31-2010, 06:39 PM
By acknowledge do you mean go on and on and on endlessly?

Reaper16
10-31-2010, 06:40 PM
Pfft. And AP has its share of cynics, and a ton of people there that could go rounds on the intricacies of what happens in each game. They watch it just as closely as we do. And their members come up with some excellent breakdowns that rival what we regularly read here.

I prefer the CP way of doing things, mainly because I like cursing an awful lot, but I can appreciate the balance AP brings to the Chiefs web-o-sphere.
Link me to insights.

Oh Snap
10-31-2010, 06:41 PM
That's so comforting to know.

Cassel is every bit as good as a guy who spent the majority of his career as a third stringer.

Yep. (I srsly hope you saw the sarcasm in that post btw)

Direckshun
10-31-2010, 06:43 PM
Link me to insights.

Yeah, this is CP's version of when my wife says "how is that funny" to a bad joke that I thought was hysterical. Because no matter what I link you to or explain to you, it's a game of futility.

Another reason I prefer CP over AP is because you have to sift through less mindlessness, however wellmeaning it may be at AP. Everybody is waaaaay too nice at AP, and as a result it sorely lacks in the Dane-esque quality control that we have around here.

Here's something you'll never read on AP: "STFU fucknugget."

CoMoChief
10-31-2010, 06:46 PM
Is Cassel the worst QB in the NFL? No

Is he the worst QB this franchise has ever had under center? No

BUT: I think people are pissed the Chiefs "handed" him a starting job w/ a large contract just because he's Pioli's boy and what he was able to do w/ New England in 2008. But more importantly we have a QB we absolutely can NOT count on to go down and win us ball games. Today's game is an exception because the Bills did everything they could to give us chances to win. 9 times out of 10 games like this we come out on the losing end if we played the same way as today. Just horrible. That wideopen missfire to Charles had me almost throw something at the damn TV.

Reaper16
10-31-2010, 06:47 PM
Yeah, this is CP's version of when my wife says "how is that funny" to a bad joke that I thought was hysterical. Because no matter what I link you to or explain to you, it's a game of futility.

Another reason I prefer CP over AP is because you have to sift through less mindlessness, however wellmeaning it may be at AP. Everybody is waaaaay too nice at AP, and as a result it sorely lacks in the Dane-esque quality control that we have around here.

Here's something you'll never read on AP: "STFU fucknugget."
Iwas really asking for a link because I don't want to dig through the God-awful SB Nation comments format for the insights you mentioned.

Chiefs Rool
10-31-2010, 06:49 PM
I've had many arguements with other Chiefs fans IRL and on other boards about Cassel. Surprisingly, he is very very popular among a lot of Chiefs fans. which makes me sick to my stomach.

Direckshun
10-31-2010, 06:49 PM
That's another thing, I'm not crazy about the comments format. Something about it, I can't put my finger on it, it isn't conducive to extensive discussion for me.

boogblaster
10-31-2010, 06:52 PM
We'b know dat he'b piss-poor mosty of the time .......

Bugeater
10-31-2010, 07:02 PM
The fact that the thread GoChiefs linked to is gone tells me all I need to know about the site.

gblowfish
10-31-2010, 07:03 PM
I got a little taste of those guys after Fan Appreciation day last year.
They definitely drink the Red Kool Aid over there.

ReynardMuldrake
10-31-2010, 07:12 PM
I really want to like Cassel, I almost kinda like Cassel... then he plays like Cassel and I'm left wishing for next years' draft.

Hammock Parties
10-31-2010, 07:21 PM
some fans are just fuckin retards

Man I Love you as a Chiefs Brother!~! But your Wrong About Cassel He's a Great Leader Sure hes no Brady Nor even Manning But He is a Great Team Leader and Can Throw the Ball when Needed... He's a Great Qb for this System.. a Run first System..... thats my Point its not a pass happy Built Offense man..

Bugeater
10-31-2010, 07:23 PM
God It Drives Me nuts when People Unnecessarily Capitalize words.

Pablo
10-31-2010, 07:25 PM
some fans are just fuckin retardsHow can you argue against that well thought out, articulate argument?

Direckshun
10-31-2010, 07:27 PM
The fact that the thread GoChiefs linked to is gone tells me all I need to know about the site.

Yeah. That's bush league.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-31-2010, 07:30 PM

Oh God, the pain and horror of it all.

notorious
10-31-2010, 07:39 PM
Cassel played decent the last few games (until today).

BUT

Cassel is not the guy to get us to the promise land. For that reason, ship Bowe and Cassel straight the fuck out of here as soon as the season is over.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-31-2010, 07:43 PM
Cassel played decent the last few games (until today).

BUT

Cassel is not the guy to get us to the promise land. For that reason, ship Bowe and Cassel straight the fuck out of here as soon as the season is over.

Hey! Together, they can "fucktard ugly" throw and catch all the way to a Super Bizzle!

notorious
10-31-2010, 07:46 PM
Hey! Together, they can "****tard ugly" throw and catch all the way to a Super Bizzle!

Bowe was made for Cassel. He can make spectacular catches when Cassel throws him shit, but when Cassel lucks into an accurate throw, Bowe shits all over himself.

Dropped passes probably drive me crazier then shitty throws. That's why Bowe need to GTFO.

Hammock Parties
10-31-2010, 07:51 PM
They deleted that shit. Pussbags.

I'll gif up cassel this week and see how they like that. I post some of my gifs over there.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-31-2010, 07:52 PM
Bowe was made for Cassel. He can make spectacular catches when Cassel throws him shit, but when Cassel lucks into an accurate throw, Bowe shits all over himself.

Dropped passes probably drive me crazier then shitty throws. That's why Bowe need to GTFO.

Hey man, whatever wins games!

(and then they went to the playoffs and got piss-pounded in to a pile of purple goo)

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-31-2010, 07:53 PM
They deleted that shit. Pussbags.

I'll gif up cassel this week and see how they like that. I post some of my gifs over there.

GIF THEM TO HELL.

notorious
10-31-2010, 07:56 PM
(and then they went to the playoffs and got piss-pounded in to a pile of purple goo)

That is what Truefans need to get in their fucking head. Cassel isn't the guy that will win it all, so we need to move on.

Hammock Parties
10-31-2010, 08:05 PM
GIF THEM TO HELL.

YOU TELL 'EM I'M COMING
AND GIFS COMIN WITH ME

GIFS COMIN WITH ME!!!

http://celluloidheroreviews.com/images/tombstone-2.jpg

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-31-2010, 08:09 PM
YOU TELL 'EM I'M COMING
AND GIFS COMIN WITH ME

GIFS COMIN WITH ME!!!