PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Asamoah

Shogun
10-31-2010, 06:16 PM
How do you feel he did? I noticed a few plays where he got wrecked but I saw him do some work as well.

mcaj22
10-31-2010, 06:18 PM
Marcus Stroud gave him a good fight today, he (Asamoah) won some/lost some but I think he held his own.

milkman
10-31-2010, 06:19 PM
Did an overall good job.

Needs to get stronger, but fared pretty well in the trenches, and, though not as quick as Lilja, did a pretty good job of getting out and pulling.

the Talking Can
10-31-2010, 06:21 PM
more good than bad, showed some agility, really hits the second level well...identifies guys, locks them up....

another good pick of what appears so far a freakishly good draft

Direckshun
10-31-2010, 06:24 PM
He simply does not run like Lilja, Waters, Albert, or Wiegmann do. But those four guys are elite -- they run like linebackers. Asamoah's movement out in the open is slightly better than Richardson, but his form is pretty strong. I approve of this performance.

But he absolutely got wrecked a few times today, almost always against power moves. I'm with milkman, he needs to get stronger.

Micjones
10-31-2010, 06:26 PM
The kid figures well into this team's future.
He played a decent game today.
Learning from Lilja and Waters only helps.
Couldn't ask for two better mentors.

Frankie
10-31-2010, 11:52 PM
The kid figures well into this team's future.
He played a decent game today.
Learning from Lilja and Waters only helps.
Couldn't ask for two better mentors.

Is his future as a G though? Wasn't there some talk that he might end up being the next C?

KCrockaholic
10-31-2010, 11:56 PM
Not my thorough breakdown but, he did a decent job for a rookie. Lilja is by far better thanks to experience alone, but Asamoah could be an awesome piece of our line in the next few years.

Rain Man
11-01-2010, 12:08 AM
I meant to watch him today, but forgot. And the fact that I didn't notice him until roughly halftime was probably a good thing.

I suspect his performance was the same as it was in preseason: better in the running game than in the passing game. I saw a couple of pass plays where he missed a pickup, and we had some trouble up the middle against Buffalo's nose tackle, but everything Charles ran wide picked up acres.

ChiefsrGood
11-01-2010, 12:21 AM
If he wasn't noticed, probably not bad for a first start.

RippedmyFlesh
11-01-2010, 12:30 AM
If he wasn't noticed, probably not bad for a first start.
Welcome.
I agree didn't notice any false starts or holding penalties so for a 1st start i'd say he did well. He will only get better.

DaneMcCloud
11-01-2010, 01:33 AM
Simple Answer: No holding, no false starts, no penalties of any kind. The Chiefs had 275 yards on the ground and Asamoah wasn't a liability in the passing game.

He was punked on a pass play but as Milkman pointed out in the game chat, there should have been a "Hands to the Face" call. He needs to become stronger (something that will undoubtedly come with age and training) but he's a keeper.

The bottom line is that the Chiefs didn't miss Lilja today.