PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Just got home from the game

Mr. Flopnuts
10-31-2010, 09:22 PM
Long fucking day. Wow. Up at 4:30am, and not home until 10pm. Whew. This was the most emotionally draining game I've ever attended. On a multitude of levels.

First off, the play calling. I don't understand how you're going to gash the 32nd ranked rushing defense half way down the field and then start throwing the ball, without any success, and continue doing it for an entire game. Run into Buffalo territory, and then start throwing the ball and punt it away. Rinse and repeat. It's unfathomable.

Next up is our illustrious Quarterback. Now, I've never been secretive about my feelings on this move from day 1, but I was pretty determined to just deal with it, because it is what it is. But I almost stroked out in the fucking stands today watching that guy.

Okay, so you're going to miss Bowe a few times who beat his 1 on 1 coverage and was good for a TD. That's fine. You couldn't have made the fucking throw anyways. But on more than 1 3rd down play, he threw to an underneath receiver and failed to get a first down. Happens all the time, right? Well, when he had another wide open receiver right fucking behind the guy he threw too, and the guy behind his target was past the fucking sticks, it's clear that Matt is taking tunnel vision to a whole new level. Nuff said about that. It is what it is at this point.

Then there is the 4th downs. Hey, I've been a big proponent of the 4th down attempts, and the onside kicks, and the general attack mentality displayed by our head coach. It's a fresh change of pace from what this franchise is used too. At least I was until last week. The Jacksonville game was the first instance where I felt you HAVE to take the points and make it a 2 possession game at that juncture of the game.

It happened 2 more times today. The first was early in the game where we were clearly in field goal position, and I felt that failed 4th down conversion killed the team's momentum. Take those fucking points, and it may not come down to overtime in the first place. Not that I'll remotely make excuses for the piss poor performance from Weis, and Cassel today. Those two single handedly hog tied this team to the best of their ability.

The 2nd one was at the very end of the game on their own 29 yard line with 1:30 left in a tied game. That cutesy ass time out shit was ridiculous and a waste of time. I was sitting there with hypertension screaming "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU THINKING?!?!? PUNT THE FUCKING BALL!!!!" What was the point of that?

Overall, I called this a trap game. I knew that Buffalo had been playing very well, and commented that unless we came out with fire, they'd bite our asses. Who really thought we had a chance to win with 2 minutes left in overtime? We got fucking lucky. However after being at the game and seeing what I saw, I now know that we should've blown those scrubs out by 30. Piss poor performance.

Who is looking at Oakland next week feeling good about it? We're going there. And those fuckers have won their last 2 games by a combined score of 92-13. If this team comes out anything like they did today, it's going to be an embarrassment.

Don't get me wrong, 5-2 is outstanding. It's good to find ways to win games you have every right to lose. Being at the stadium today and watching that last drive in overtime with the winning kick at the gun was absolutely amazing. But let's not disillusion ourselves. This division is far from a lock, and Oakland is coming on, while I think we're going somewhat stagnant. Forget the final score last week. That game was tight until the last 9 minutes. And it's not a player issue, it's play calling IMO. I hope they get their shit straight by next weekend, or I fear that shit is going to be pushed in.

Edit: 1 other thing I wanted to touch on, and forgot, but may include it in the OP was the crowd atmosphere during OT. I've never been to an event where so many people had SUCH an emotional investment in the team. There was a lot of grumbling over play calling, and the individual play of our QB, but those fans were INTO this team in a way I've never personally witnessed. There were a couple of moments late in the game, and one in particular in overtime where the collective wind was sucked out of 70,000 strong. It was a beautiful thing to behold. Heh, not at the time obviously, but in retrospect. But then, at the very end, when Succop came out and atoned the earlier miss (which me misjudged, he hit it just how he wanted too according to his post game presser) the crowd went fucking bananas. And again, we all tomahawk chopped our way out of the stadium in pure football bliss. These are the moments that have left me awe struck, and completely addicted to the Arrowhead experience.

10-31-2010, 09:25 PM
You sound exhausted, Mr. Mr. Flopnuts. at least you won ;) makes that long day worth it.

milkman
10-31-2010, 09:28 PM
I think the playcalling, to some extent, is exactly what reerun talks about when he's bitching that we are bitching about Cassel.

They are trying to develop and grow Cassel into an NFL QB, and we get to suffer for the team attempting that development.

notorious
Were the surrounding fans more like Planeteers or TrueFans when it comes to Cassel?

Reerun_KC
This isnt goof to go well for you. People don't want to hear excuses about the play calling.

At one point I think weis's rascal scooter had 3 flat tires

notorious
10-31-2010, 09:29 PM
This isnt goof to go well for you. People don't want to hear excuses about the play calling.

Don't worry, he can use the air in his head to over-inflate those tortured retreads.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-31-2010, 09:29 PM
Were the surrounding fans more like Planeteers or TrueFans when it comes to Cassel?

This was my 4th game this season. They started out as true fans, but they are quickly becoming Planeteers. No lie.

Reerun_KC
10-31-2010, 09:30 PM
I think the playcalling, to some extent, is exactly what reerun talks about when he's bitching that we are bitching about Cassel.

They are trying to develop and grow Cassel into an NFL QB, and we get to suffer for the team attempting that development.

This is exactly what I have been the most frustrated with.

milkman
10-31-2010, 09:30 PM

Are you talking to Floppy?

dirk digler
10-31-2010, 09:31 PM
You sound exhausted, Mr. Mr. Flopnuts. at least you won ;) makes that long day worth it.

Congrats on the great game by the Jets today

notorious
10-31-2010, 09:31 PM
This was my 4th game this season. They started out as true fans, but they are quickly becoming Planeteers. No lie.

I believe it.

Even the Truefans around here are beginning to turn. The Houston and Jacksonville games rebuilt their support (per Hamas's prediction), but this game reminded them of the true Cassel.

Kyle DeLexus
10-31-2010, 09:32 PM

I think this is happening with the entire fan base as a whole. In one of my classes at the beginning of the season someone actually called Matt Cassel the best player on the team, and now every Monday the talk is "if we just had a qb"

KC native
10-31-2010, 09:33 PM

hehe At the start of the season, my good friend (that I watch just about every game with) was all about giving Castle a chance. I was adamant that Castle sucks penis but he wouldn't buy it (he's more of an arrowhead pride mb guy). Well, after the 2nd game he is a fully converted castle basher. I'm even starting to convert some of my true fan friends on facebook too.

BigMeatballDave
10-31-2010, 09:33 PM
Even after Cassel's ineffectiveness and Weis with his head up his ass, they STILL found a way to win.

notorious
10-31-2010, 09:35 PM
We lose this game in the past. Thank God the Bills are better at losing games then we are.

Mama Hip Rockets
Oakland sucks.

Reerun_KC
I feel today we regressed. Some one called me out when I said shred and burn this game plan. They said Cassel failed to execute it and ita all his fault! Well no shit Cassel sucks. This isnt anything new. We all know!

But the game plan was shit. I was just in total disbelief. There was no logic to passing when they did. None. We took our strength and abandoned it way to often today

CaliforniaChief
10-31-2010, 09:36 PM
Way to represent, Floppy. Glad you didn't stroke out on us. And as you said, it was a win. But I agree...we've got a LOT to figure out this week.

Reerun_KC
10-31-2010, 09:37 PM
Are you talking to Floppy?

Disregard. just frustration talking.

notorious
10-31-2010, 09:38 PM
I feel today we regressed. Some one called me out when I said shred and burn this game plan. They said Cassel failed to execute it and ita all his fault! Well no shit Cassel sucks. This isnt anything new. We all know!

But the game plan was shit. I was just in total disbelief. There was no logic to passing when they did. None. We took our strength and abandoned it way to often today

This.

MMXcalibur
10-31-2010, 09:41 PM
My one home game that I attended this year (attended the Giants disaster last season) and man, was this a hell of a game. I certainly got my money's worth, five quarters instead of four! I was on the 50 up in section 301 and couldn't tell from my angle on whether the field goals for both Lindell and Succop were good. In fact, I jumped up on Succop's field goal thinking he had made it and reacted differently when I saw the Bills special teams signaling no good and running to the sidelines.

Regulation wasn't all that awe-inspiring, but man....that overtime certainly made this one to remember!

MadMax
10-31-2010, 09:42 PM

True Fans BBQ better regardless :)

notorious
10-31-2010, 09:43 PM
My one home game that I attended this year (attended the Giants disaster last season) and man, was this a hell of a game. I certainly got my money's worth, five quarters instead of four! I was on the 50 up in section 301 and couldn't tell from my angle on whether the field goals for both Lindell and Succop were good. In fact, I jumped up on Succop's field goal thinking he had made it and reacted differently when I saw the Bills special teams signaling no good and running to the sidelines.

Regulation wasn't all that awe-inspiring, but man....that overtime certainly made this one to remember!

Jesus, I was drained watching it on my flatscreen.

If I watched this shitball of a game live, I would have needed to be helped out of the stadium.

Reerun_KC
10-31-2010, 09:50 PM
Maybe it was me but I got the sense of frustration from the offensive players in the first and second half. It didn't feel like there was any rhyme or reason for th playcalls in regulation. But overtime it seemed towards then end. Charlie got his rascal charged up and we got back to chiefs football.

DaneMcCloud
10-31-2010, 09:57 PM
Jesus, I was drained watching it on my flatscreen.

If I watched this shitball of a game live, I would have needed to be helped out of the stadium.

My brother said people were leaving in droves by during the third quarter. I didn't bother to look at the stands late in the game today, but I'll take a look at the DVR.

notorious
10-31-2010, 10:05 PM
My brother said people were leaving in droves by during the third quarter. I didn't bother to look at the stands late in the game today, but I'll take a look at the DVR.

That's pathetic.

Coach
10-31-2010, 10:08 PM
I was drained too, especially when the Bills kicked that FG and it was good, and I was pissed, but thankfully the timeout was called. Made a difference as the 2nd kick was barely tipped, but just got it to at least change direction and missed it.

Was pissed as hell on Fuccop's 1st kick. Couldn't believe that somehow, the Chiefs got the win with what, 2 seconds left in the OT?

I would have no clue how to react to the tie.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-31-2010, 10:11 PM
Oakland sucks.

Yeah, 92-13 the last 2 games is a good indicator of that. Sure, the first and big one was shitty Denver. The 33-3 shallacking (sic) they put on Seattle today was against a 4-2 team. They're coming on, like it or not.

Mecca
10-31-2010, 10:13 PM
I went to the game after I went out drinking for Halloween last night...Arrowhead plus partial alcohol induced headache...suffice to say I just woke up after getting home.

My sons girlfriend got to find out just how pissy I can get during a Chiefs game today. I was getting pretty livid as the game went on.

Mr. Flopnuts

Absolutely.

I made a comment that it was ridiculous that so many people were leaving with the game undecided. Why bother showing up?

KC native
10-31-2010, 10:16 PM
My sons girlfriend got to find out just how pissy I can get during a Chiefs game today. I was getting pretty livid as the game went on.

Hehe this is one reason the wifey won't let me get direct ticket. She wants me out of the house for Chiefs games. Fortunately my friend gets it and he's the same way.

dirk digler
10-31-2010, 10:16 PM
I made a comment that it was ridiculous that so many people were leaving with the game undecided. Why bother showing up?

People were leaving in droves?

Mecca
10-31-2010, 10:18 PM

Trying to beat traffic I guess but yea.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-31-2010, 10:19 PM
1 other thing I wanted to touch on, and forgot, but may include it in the OP was the crowd atmosphere during OT. I've never been to an event where so many people had SUCH an emotional investment in the team. There was a lot of grumbling over play calling, and the individual play of our QB, but those fans were INTO this team in a way I've never personally witnessed. There were a couple of moments late in the game, and one in particular in overtime where the collective wind was sucked out of 70,000 strong. It was a beautiful thing to behold. Heh, not at the time obviously, but in retrospect. But then, at the very end, when Succop came out and atoned the earlier miss (which me misjudged, he hit it just how he wanted too according to his post game presser) the crowd went fucking bananas. And again, we all tomahawk chopped our way out of the stadium in pure football bliss. These are the moments that have left me awe struck, and completely addicted to the Arrowhead experience.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-31-2010, 10:22 PM

I had to stand up to see for all the people streaming out of that game with 7 minutes left in the 4th. I wanted to stick my foot out and trip every one of them.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-31-2010, 10:23 PM

Eric went to his first game at Arrowhead today. The look on that guy's face was absolutely priceless.

RedThat
10-31-2010, 10:23 PM
Yeah, 92-13 the last 2 games is a good indicator of that. Sure, the first and big one was shitty Denver. The 33-3 shallacking (sic) they put on Seattle today was against a 4-2 team. They're coming on, like it or not.

Oakland looks pretty good. But I think this Chiefs team is just as good if not better. The great thing is, were finding ways to win. Sometimes the wins are ugly. But thats okay.

I think they'll match up well against Oakland. History usually gives us an indication that everytime those two teams square off, it's usually a close one to the end.

*I do think they need to be well prepared though for this next game and not make the same idiot mistakes they did this week into next week, not in a tough environment and on the road in Oakland. Thats for sure.

Bugeater
10-31-2010, 10:28 PM
I feel sorry for anyone who watched all 5 qtrs of that shitfest, whether it was on TV or in person. I missed the first half and I had enough of the shit halfway through the OT, at that point neither team deserved to win the game so I flipped the channel to the Pats/Vikes game.

MMXcalibur
10-31-2010, 10:28 PM
1 other thing I wanted to touch on, and forgot, but may include it in the OP was the crowd atmosphere during OT. I've never been to an event where so many people had SUCH an emotional investment in the team. There was a lot of grumbling over play calling, and the individual play of our QB, but those fans were INTO this team in a way I've never personally witnessed. There were a couple of moments late in the game, and one in particular in overtime where the collective wind was sucked out of 70,000 strong. It was a beautiful thing to behold. Heh, not at the time obviously, but in retrospect. But then, at the very end, when Succop came out and atoned the earlier miss (which me misjudged, he hit it just how he wanted too according to his post game presser) the crowd went ****ing bananas. And again, we all tomahawk chopped our way out of the stadium in pure football bliss. These are the moments that have left me awe struck, and completely addicted to the Arrowhead experience.

That was awesome going around the ramps and having people pound the Arrowhead beat on the outside metal. I don't think I'll ever forget that walk out of Arrowhead. What an experience.

Pablo
10-31-2010, 10:29 PM
I feel sorry for anyone who watched all 5 qtrs of that shitfest, whether it was on TV or in person. I missed the first half and I had enough of the shit halfway through the OT, at that point neither team deserved to win the game so I flipped the channel to the Pats/Vikes game.You changed the Chiefs OT game to the Favre-Fest??

Mecca
10-31-2010, 10:29 PM
I feel sorry for anyone who watched all 5 qtrs of that shitfest, whether it was on TV or in person. I missed the first half and I had enough of the shit halfway through the OT, at that point neither team deserved to win the game so I flipped the channel to the Pats/Vikes game.

I watched it twice...

Shogun
10-31-2010, 10:31 PM
Fuck I'm tired http://bloodyfists.net/forums/images/smilies/o6gyfr.png

Bugeater
10-31-2010, 10:33 PM
You changed the Chiefs OT game to the Favre-Fest??
Yeah, I wanted to see how a real football team played.

kswheels
10-31-2010, 10:34 PM
The Bills board is crying that "there oughta be a law" against freezing the kicker.

ROFL

Chiefs=Champions
10-31-2010, 10:58 PM
**** I'm tired http://bloodyfists.net/forums/images/smilies/o6gyfr.png

ROFL thats so bad.. but still ROFL

10-31-2010, 11:19 PM
Congrats on the great game by the Jets today

LOL! They looked like they were just sitting around tooting their own horns during the bye week. they were awful today. just awful.

But at least you guys beat a great Bills team in over time. Impressive win..lol

10-31-2010, 11:23 PM
I feel sorry for anyone who watched all 5 qtrs of that shitfest, whether it was on TV or in person. I missed the first half and I had enough of the shit halfway through the OT, at that point neither team deserved to win the game so I flipped the channel to the Pats/Vikes game.Pussy

10-31-2010, 11:28 PM

Games like that are like watching paint dry..lol..and I know you have a lot of experience doing that, n00b.

OK, I'm sorry for hijacking your thread, Mr. Mr. Flopnuts.

Pants
10-31-2010, 11:30 PM
Yeah, I wanted to see how a real football team played.

Is this a joke? I was ready to fucking collapse after that FG went in with 3 seconds left on the clock. This must be a joke.

BigMeatballDave
10-31-2010, 11:42 PM
Yeah, I wanted to see how a real football team played.You mean the Patriots? Certainly not the Vikes.

There is just NO WAY in hell I would ever change the channel while the Chiefs were in OT.

Warrior5
11-01-2010, 06:50 AM
**** I'm tired http://bloodyfists.net/forums/images/smilies/o6gyfr.png

This x eleventy billion. Emotionally drained. No voice left. Happy for the win, but disappointed in playcalling and Cassel, of course. Someone posted earlier that he regressed... YEP!

Also disappointed in empty seats; waaaay too many, and I'm not just talking about the wussies that left during the 4th quarter.

Military Appreciation day was a bit limp, and it started with the flyover. KC-135 tanker flying over half-way through the anthem. A KC-135 re-fueler for crying out loud!

Anyway, happy with the W and 5-2, but Cassel/Weis need to get their collective **** together before Oaktown.

siberian khatru
11-01-2010, 07:01 AM

I went nuts. Complete meltdown, total overreaction.

Fritz88
11-01-2010, 07:05 AM
Who is looking at Oakland next week feeling good about it? We're going there. And those ****ers have won their last 2 games by a combined score of 92-13. If this team comes out anything like they did today, it's going to be an embarrassment.

After seeing how they embarrassed their opponents the past two weeks and how they stopped Chris Johnson in week one. We are in for a tough, tough game.

Stinger
11-01-2010, 07:07 AM
1 other thing I wanted to touch on, and forgot, but may include it in the OP was the crowd atmosphere during OT. I've never been to an event where so many people had SUCH an emotional investment in the team. There was a lot of grumbling over play calling, and the individual play of our QB, but those fans were INTO this team in a way I've never personally witnessed. There were a couple of moments late in the game, and one in particular in overtime where the collective wind was sucked out of 70,000 strong. It was a beautiful thing to behold. Heh, not at the time obviously, but in retrospect. But then, at the very end, when Succop came out and atoned the earlier miss (which me misjudged, he hit it just how he wanted too according to his post game presser) the crowd went ****ing bananas. And again, we all tomahawk chopped our way out of the stadium in pure football bliss. These are the moments that have left me awe struck, and completely addicted to the Arrowhead experience.

Exactly many in our section were "Arggg were are going to lose" to "Yeah we are going to win" back to "Arrggg we are going to lose" to "How in world did we win this thing?"

Looking back it was more of a "Here you take the win .... No, no you take the win..... No, I really couldn't here I insist you take the win .... Alright I will take it .... I really don't want to but OK ... I will take it."

Reerun_KC
11-01-2010, 07:20 AM
Is this a joke? I was ready to ****ing collapse after that FG went in with 3 seconds left on the clock. This must be a joke.

THIS!!!!!

Jesus, we were jumping around like 13 year old girls who just won tickets to a justin bieber concert...

Fuck I think people want to continue to hate the Chiefs, Just so they dont have to invest any emotional effort into their fan hood...

Graystoke
11-01-2010, 07:21 AM
Exactly many in our section were "Arggg were are going to lose" to "Yeah we are going to win" back to "Arrggg we are going to lose" to "How in world did we win this thing?"

Looking back it was more of a "Here you take the win .... No, no you take the win..... No, I really couldn't here I insist you take the win .... Alright I will take it .... I really don't want to but OK ... I will take it."

No kidding! What a game to watch

Reerun_KC
11-01-2010, 07:24 AM

Yep we went through the same thing here.

The Bad Guy
11-01-2010, 07:24 AM
Yes, the Raiders are playing well.

However, 2 weeks ago, they were losing to the 49ers led by Alex Smith.

Sorry, not buying their hype either. Chiefs can run on anyone.

Flop, happy you had a good time.

The Bad Guy
11-01-2010, 07:25 AM
The best part was watching Gailey fake like he was calling a TO and not call it.

Typical Chan. Gets his teams close enough to win, but can never do it.

dirk digler
11-01-2010, 07:30 AM
Trying to beat traffic I guess but yea.

I had to stand up to see for all the people streaming out of that game with 7 minutes left in the 4th. I wanted to stick my foot out and trip every one of them.

Some people are stupid. Why even bothering going?

EyePod
11-01-2010, 07:56 AM
Even after Cassel's ineffectiveness and Weis with his head up his ass, they STILL found a way to win.

Right. This wasn't one of those "Cassel didn't lose the game for us" kind of wins. We won despite Cassel (and Weis). Granted, if we had a QB, I would have been fine with Weis's playcalling, but he has to learn that we don't have a guy who can throw it in a 1x1 box 30 yards down the field. Cassel threw a bunch of balls that should have been intercepted. He made poor decisions most of the game until OT.

Lzen
11-01-2010, 08:08 AM

That Guru is a real asshole. :D

|Zach|
11-01-2010, 08:12 AM

Don't.

While you were being a pussy me and a lot of other people were having a blast enjoying that game.

Lzen
11-01-2010, 08:12 AM

ROFL

You summed it up perfectly.

wazu
11-01-2010, 09:33 AM

So true.

JD10367
11-01-2010, 10:29 AM
I have not yet seen the most important question addressed: what were the cheerleaders like? I was at Gillette yesterday for the Vikings/Pats game, with 8th row tickets at the goal line. The cheerleaders were all in different costumes for the first half, and often danced right in front of us. Holy shit. I would've jumped the railing and licked barbeque sauce off them if I didn't know security would've stopped me.

Simply Red
11-01-2010, 12:16 PM
Eric went to his first game at Arrowhead today. The look on that guy's face was absolutely priceless.

The poster 'Eric?' -- lol

Mr. Flopnuts
11-01-2010, 01:50 PM
The poster 'Eric?' -- lol

I'd fucking disown him if i found out it was. He's my cousin, but we're like brothers. The wife backed out last minute and he was happy to fill in.

TRR
11-01-2010, 02:03 PM
More than anything, if KC's 3rd down D doesn't improve, they won't win many more games. Its atrocious. It doesn't matter if it is 3rd an 1 or 3rd and 21....somebody is wide open.
Posted via Mobile Device

Lzen
11-01-2010, 02:23 PM
I went to the game....

I didn't realize that you were a Bills fan.