PDA

View Full Version : Football tenyardtorrents blows donkey balls...???

DRU
11-01-2010, 06:05 PM
So I love the content, of course, but am I the only one who can't keep an account open longer than...I don't even really know how long. This is what happens every single time.

First, I create a new account. I get an email to the email address I specified to confirm the new account, which I do, and then I'm immediately logged in and I can download torrents all I want. Then I log out because I'm done.

The next day I try and login and it says my credentials are wrong (which I know they aren't). I do a "recover my account" and I get an email to the same address I signed up with. Then I try signing in with the new password it made me and I get a message that "this account has been disabled."

I've done this, literally, 15 times now. I can't keep creating bogus email accounts just so I can download a couple of torrents (or at least I don't want to.)

When I email their support I get a generic auto-response back telling me how to use the recover account link.

Am I the only one having this problem??? I just don't get it.

dahorns
11-01-2010, 06:13 PM
You have upload files, not just download. If you don't spend time seeding the files you download, your account will be closed down. I don't remember what the exact ratio is, but it is somewhere on their website. Basically leave the thing seeding overnight.

Rausch
11-01-2010, 06:21 PM
With Limewire tits up and tomato torrent mostly crap does anyone recommend a Mac-friendly app?..

DRU
11-01-2010, 06:30 PM
Yeah, I've done that each time. Well, I can't say each time. I created a new account last night to see if the Bills game was posted on there yet and I didn't find it so I simply logged off. Didn't download anything. They killed my account.

Usually, though, I grab 1 or two things and I've always made it a habit to let things seed until I get a 1.0 ratio. Surely that'd be enough, but I can't check because even though you have to agree to the FAQ's before you can sign up they don't show them anywhere! Unless I'm missing it somewhere it's not on the home page, the sign-up page, or the login page. I don't know how they expect people to agree to something they can't read. Of course, nobody reads those anyway, but still.

Anyway, is there an HD version of the bills game like there was last week? I'd love a link to the torrent if anybody could provide one.

cdirty
11-01-2010, 06:51 PM
With Limewire tits up and tomato torrent mostly crap does anyone recommend a Mac-friendly app?..

i think transmission is the most popular mac torrent client.

Stinger
11-01-2010, 06:53 PM
You have upload files, not just download. If you don't spend time seeding the files you download, your account will be closed down. I don't remember what the exact ratio is, but it is somewhere on their website. Basically leave the thing seeding overnight.

IIRC it is .3 or close to that

Megbert
11-01-2010, 07:30 PM
http://www.frostwire.com/ Or http://www.transmissionbt.com/ or
http://www.utorrent.com/ are all good for mac

Stinger
11-01-2010, 07:51 PM
Yeah, I've done that each time. Well, I can't say each time. I created a new account last night to see if the Bills game was posted on there yet and I didn't find it so I simply logged off. Didn't download anything. They killed my account.

Usually, though, I grab 1 or two things and I've always made it a habit to let things seed until I get a 1.0 ratio. Surely that'd be enough, but I can't check because even though you have to agree to the FAQ's before you can sign up they don't show them anywhere! Unless I'm missing it somewhere it's not on the home page, the sign-up page, or the login page. I don't know how they expect people to agree to something they can't read. Of course, nobody reads those anyway, but still.

Anyway, is there an HD version of the bills game like there was last week? I'd love a link to the torrent if anybody could provide one.

OK Dru .... I had this problem earlier but I have since logged in to http://tenyardtracker.com/ instead of http://tenyardtorrents.com/forums/ .
I have been able to keep my account for a period of time without having to reapply the account. You might try this......

CrazyPhuD
11-01-2010, 08:24 PM

Uhhh are you using the same e-mail? If so they probably notice an account under a prebanned e-mail and close it. If you're changing e-mail they may filter via ip address.