PDA

View Full Version : Football Walter Football: favorites to land Randy Moss.

Direckshun
11-02-2010, 01:15 AM
http://www.walterfootball.com/randymosswaived.php

The Vikings waived Randy Moss. Who's the favorite to land him by Tuesday, 4 Eastern? Here's my short list:

New England Patriots
This is obvious. I don't think the Patriots will put in a claim for Moss because they're last on the list. If no one claims Moss, they can just sign him without paying him the $3.38 million he's owed for the rest of the year.

Washington Redskins
Mayhem has broken loose in Washington, where Mike Shanahan thinks Rex Grossman has a better chance of leading his team to victory than Donovan McNabb. McNabb needs a downfield threat to go along with Santana Moss, and Daniel Snyder loves bringing in aging former Pro Bowlers.

Chicago Bears
This Chicago front office will be fired if the team doesn't make the playoffs. They could panic and take a shot on Moss.

Kansas City Chiefs
Kansas City needs a wideout across from Dwayne Bowe. Both Scott Pioli and Matt Cassel are familiar with Moss.

Miami Dolphins and New York Jets
Neither Miami nor New York needs a receiver, but both teams might be willing to spend $3.38 million to keep arch rival New England from re-claiming Moss. Even if Moss doesn't play a single down for them, the move could be worth it if it keeps the Patriots from advancing deep into the playoffs.

Hammock Parties
11-02-2010, 01:28 AM
Why is no one mentioning the San Diego Chargers?

Moss would love playing with Rivers.

Quite frankly it would scare the shit out of me. The Chargers might just run the table with Moss.

Rausch
11-02-2010, 01:34 AM

Quite frankly it would scare the shit out of me. The Chargers might just run the table with Moss.

Their GM...

Thig Lyfe
11-02-2010, 01:39 AM

Holy fucking fuck. Rivers to Moss and Gates? I'm shitting myself Cassel-style just thinking about it.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-02-2010, 03:29 AM
Holy fucking fuck. Rivers to Moss and Gates? I'm shitting myself Cassel-style just thinking about it.

That would be trouble.

michaelj_58
11-02-2010, 03:31 AM
cassel can't throw that far and moss is a cancer in the locker room,no way haley takes him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-02-2010, 03:35 AM
cassel can't throw that far and moss is a cancer in the locker room,no way haley takes him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

Believe it or not, Moss can effectively run short AND Cassel-ready Turd Routes too.

And frankly, Minnesota is a fucking cancer unto itself.

Bane
11-02-2010, 03:42 AM
I'm just guessing that another team will claim him way before we can,and F U C K the BiQueens.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rausch
11-02-2010, 03:45 AM

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTpLhhtog-9TbiN5EzX__N7VGkELz2ZCt4wTgj8MiO1dGXAdQQ&t=1&usg=__HAXaKjTIQ5u2Ad42yWSMOBLhmxM=

The Franchise
11-02-2010, 07:35 AM

Dude.....Vincent Jackson is coming back.

Moss, Jackson, Floyd and Gates. That's fucking sick.

-King-
11-02-2010, 07:41 AM
A.J is too much of a pussy to sign Moss
Posted via Mobile Device

EyePod
11-02-2010, 07:47 AM

How many yards did Rivers put up this past week without any good receivers? Why waste the money. Rivers and Manning make any receivers look good.

BigMeatballDave
11-02-2010, 07:50 AM
I know the Chargers would look scary with Moss. I'm sure they would improve, somewhat. However, Moss doesnt fix their atrocious Special teams and all-around general stupid mistakes they make.

The Poz
11-02-2010, 07:59 AM
Just having Moss on the field in KC would open up even more lanes for Charles/Jones. They'd combine for 300+ yards a game. It'll never happen but if did we'd control the clock the entire game.

Saul Good
11-02-2010, 08:04 AM
Moss doesn't want to play for a 3-5 team. I could see the Rams being interested.

Shag
11-02-2010, 08:05 AM
http://www.walterfootball.com/randymosswaived.php

The Vikings waived Randy Moss. Who's the favorite to land him by Tuesday, 4 Eastern?

FYI, the deadline isn't today - AFAIK, Moss still hasn't been officially waived. Assuming that happens today, the claim deadline wouldn't be until tomorrow...

MMXcalibur
11-02-2010, 08:12 AM
Dude.....Vincent Jackson is coming back.

Moss, Jackson, Floyd and Gates. That's ****ing sick.

Can Randy Moss play special teams?

The Franchise
11-02-2010, 08:13 AM
Can Randy Moss play special teams?

Does it matter when you're putting up 50 points a game?

The Franchise
11-02-2010, 08:14 AM
And I still think Moss is going to Denver.

He has history with McDaniels. The Broncos don't run the ball. The only downfall is their record and their defense.

BigMeatballDave
11-02-2010, 08:16 AM
Does it matter when you're putting up 50 points a game?He's not gonna make that much of a difference on a struggling team.

Saul Good
11-02-2010, 08:24 AM
And I still think Moss is going to Denver.

He has history with McDaniels. The Broncos don't run the ball. The only downfall is their record and their defense.

He has a history of giving up when playing for losing teams. He's not going to the 2-6 Broncos. Their own players have already quit. What's Moss going to do?

The Franchise
11-02-2010, 08:26 AM
He has a history of giving up when playing for losing teams. He's not going to the 2-6 Broncos. Their own players have already quit. What's Moss going to do?

He's not going? His only other choice is to fucking retire if they put in a claim for him.

Dante84
11-02-2010, 08:33 AM
FYI, the deadline isn't today - AFAIK, Moss still hasn't been officially waived. Assuming that happens today, the claim deadline wouldn't be until tomorrow...

Shefter said it would be decided by 4pm Tuesday (today).... that was last night on espn

Frazod
11-02-2010, 08:35 AM
He's not going? His only other choice is to fucking retire if they put in a claim for him.

Anybody familiar with Moss would know what a pain in the ass he'd be on a losing team. I mean, they might take him. They'd be crazy to take him in light of all their other problems, but seriously, when was the last time the Broncos did anything sane?

Skyy God
11-02-2010, 08:51 AM
I don't think he gets past the Rams. If he does, we'd be silly not to give him a shot.

EyePod
11-02-2010, 08:52 AM
Shefter said it would be decided by 4pm Tuesday (today).... that was last night on espn

He's wrong. He wasn't waived yesterday. If it happens today, then they'll have 24 hours. They talked about this on SportsCenter this morning.

DJ's left nut
11-02-2010, 08:53 AM
Moss doesn't want to play for a 3-5 team. I could see the Rams being interested.

Rams are 4-4 and play in a horrid division.

If I'm them, I take my chances on him. Bradford could be sick with Moss to throw to.

King_Chief_Fan
11-02-2010, 08:54 AM
Moss is not one of the right 53.

Moss doesn't bust his hump and give all like Haley commands.

Cassel has a hard time connecting with anyone past 5-10 yards.

Moeaki has become the featured go to guy for Cassel

TEX
11-02-2010, 08:56 AM
Anybody familiar with Moss would know what a pain in the ass he'd be on a losing team. I mean, they might take him. They'd be crazy to take him in light of all their other problems, but seriously, when was the last time the Broncos did anything sane?

Good point but, te Broncos could do it and it would make "some" sense. Moss is familar with McDanials offense and they could claim him to be sure the Chiefs couldn't.

Saul Good
11-02-2010, 08:59 AM
He's not going? His only other choice is to ****ing retire if they put in a claim for him.

Why would the Broncos pick him up? They just axed Brandon Marshall. Moss is the same guy only older and with a longer track record of mailing it in when a team has nothing to play for.

The Broncos are already out of contention. He might help them get to 6-10 instead of 4-12 and miss out on a top draft pick. That's about it.

tatorhog
11-02-2010, 09:07 AM
we're at like waiver #25, I would be very surprised if he's available for Haley to be forced to make a decision on him anyway.

Skyy God
11-02-2010, 09:12 AM
I must have missed this, but apparently Pioli was rumored to be pursuing Carolina's Steve Smith before the trade deadline

If that's the case, I'd imagine we take a flyer if Moss drops to us.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/andrew_perloff/11/01/randy-moss-potential-teams/index.html#ixzz142m2TIWS

CrazyPhuD
11-02-2010, 09:12 AM
But wait, even if we sign him wouldn't that put us over the salary cap?

CaliforniaChief
11-02-2010, 09:14 AM
Moss is not one of the right 53.

Moss doesn't bust his hump and give all like Haley commands.

Cassel has a hard time connecting with anyone past 5-10 yards.

Moeaki has become the featured go to guy for Cassel

Wrong.

Pioli already acquired Moss once, and that was before he demonstrated any significant run of maturity or ability to function on a team.

And if anyone thinks you don't acquire Moss because Moeaki's the "go-to" guy, well...yeah right.

tatorhog
11-02-2010, 09:19 AM
I would be happy to swap Chambers out for Moss, but I don't see the planets aligning anytime soon.

loochy
11-02-2010, 09:32 AM
And frankly, Minnesota is a fucking cancer unto itself.

Actually, I think the real cancer in Minnesota is the man with the cut chin.

I'm thinking he probably said something to Mr. LittleDong after the game in the locker room and that led to his release.

loochy
11-02-2010, 09:33 AM
Moss = fast, tall, long and can jump

Cassel = many overthrows

This could be a match made in heaven. Moss could haul in all of those super high passes.

Skyy God
11-02-2010, 09:44 AM

I'm thinking he probably said something to Mr. LittleDong after the game in the locker room and that led to his release.

From what I've read, Moss' presser after the game was of a man trying to be released.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-02-2010, 10:07 AM

No, Minnesota is just a weak fucking trip sans P Rodgers funk clubs and ALL teh history that goes with.

This next dance is for the sexy people only!....

Eleventy.

King_Chief_Fan
11-02-2010, 10:18 AM
Wrong.

Pioli already acquired Moss once, and that was before he demonstrated any significant run of maturity or ability to function on a team.

And if anyone thinks you don't acquire Moss because Moeaki's the "go-to" guy, well...yeah right.

I am not saying pass on Moss because of Moeaki...I didn't word that right I guess. What I meant is that Cassel does not see his WR's. He only has eyes for the new Tony, or so it seems. Moss wouldn't get much action due to Cassels inability to get the ball down the field.

Priest31kc
11-02-2010, 10:30 AM
Everyone knows Moss would open up everything else for us. McCluster would finally be able to be an effective slot WR with the underneath stuff opened up. Bowe would never be doubled and Moeaki will have more room in the middle of the field. And could you imagine our running game??? We wouldn't be able to be stopped. Seriously. But its not gunna happen....

ForeverChiefs58
11-02-2010, 11:49 AM
From what I've read, Moss' presser after the game was of a man trying to be released.

Randy Moss misses New England, criticizes Childress
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on October 31, 2010 8:37 PM ET
Randy Moss gave Patriots fans one last bizarre press conference to remember him by.

After a deeply disappointing return to Foxborough where he caught only one pass for eight yards, Moss showed up unannounced at the podium wearing a Red Sox hat and went off for five rambling minutes. Some highlights:

1. He called Bill Belichick the greatest coach in the history of the NFL.

2. Fined $25,000 this week for not cooperating with the media, Moss said he will not answer any more questions the rest of the year. He said he will ask and answer his own questions exclusively. (Tonight's question was: "What's on your mind, Randy?")

3. Moss constantly repeated how much he misses the Patriots. "I just want to be able to tell the guys (in NE) I miss the hell out of them," Moss said.

4. While the Patriots have the greatest coach of all time, the Vikings have Brad Childress. Moss criticized Brad Childress for going for it on fourth-and-goal from the one-yard line at the end of the first half. The Patriots stuffed Adrian Peterson.

"I'm definitely down we lost this game. . . . Wish could have had 3 at end of the half. Maybe it could have been different. Maybe not," Moss said.

5. Moss said the ovation from Patriots fans at the end of the game brought a tear to his eye.

6. The weirdest part of the press conference was when Moss vaguely said that the Vikings didn't take advantage of the extra information he gave his new team.

"I tried to prepare," Moss said. "I tried to talk to the players and coaches about how this game was going to be played and a couple tendencies here, couple tendencies here. The bad part about it -- you have six days to prepare for a team, and on the seventh day, that Sunday, meaning today, I guess they come over to me and say, 'Dag, Moss, you was right about a couple plays and a couple schemes they were going to run.'

"It hurts as a player that you put a lot of hard work in all week, and toward the end of the week, Sunday, when you get on the field, that's when they acknowledge about the hard work you put in throughout the week. That's actually a disappointment."

The whole thing sounded like Moss applying for a job with New England next year. We think the Patriots are quite content without him.

UPDATE: A snippet of the fun:

"I don't know how many more times I'm going to be up here in New England," Moss concluded. "But I'm going to leave the New England Patriots, Coach Belichick, man, with a salute, man. I love you guys, I miss you, I'm out."

ForeverChiefs58
11-02-2010, 11:50 AM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tmJcUlrkMNg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tmJcUlrkMNg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Contrarian
11-02-2010, 12:11 PM
I am not saying pass on Moss because of Moeaki...I didn't word that right I guess. What I meant is that Cassel does not see his WR's. He only has eyes for the new Tony, or so it seems. Moss wouldn't get much action due to Cassels inability to get the ball down the field.

Cassel bashing buttchunk! He went 11 - 5 throwing to Moss with NE.
Moss would get action if they put 8 in the box!!! GUARANTEED!

bluehawkdoc
11-02-2010, 12:13 PM
Does BRC have any inside info on this?

B_Ambuehl
11-02-2010, 07:00 PM
I wouldn't worry about him going to San Diego Philip Rivers already has 2 receivers that can get down the field for the long ball better than Moss. if you pay close attention Moss has lost a ton of speed the last year and he's now getting by strictly on rep. He got by a hamstrung Darrelle Revis for a TD earlier but other then that I can't recall one time this year where he got down the field with enough space between him and a DB to be considered a scary threat. Guy doesn't run inside routes, doesn't compete for the ball, and his speed is gone.