PDA

View Full Version : Life Where to watch the Chiefs in Seattle?

Dante84
11-02-2010, 09:51 PM
Hello, gents.

I'll be visiting mah lady in Seattle this Thursday - Tuesday, and I will be in need of a place to watch my Chiefs whoop the ever living shit out of the Oakland Voldemorts.

What is a good, Chiefs-friendly bar to catch the game in?

Also, any other suggestions for what to do while there will be not only accepted, but appreciated. Keep in mind I am a poor 24 year old. Thanks in advance.

- D84

DaFace
11-02-2010, 09:53 PM
Paging Flopnuts or ChiefsFanInSeattle...

Mr. Flopnuts
11-02-2010, 10:35 PM
So, are you in Seattle itself? Or the suburbs? Big deal. There's tons of places to watch all over, but where you're at will dictate how far I have you drive.

Johnny Vegas
11-02-2010, 10:42 PM
not at the madison pub.

Bearcat
11-02-2010, 10:46 PM
As far as stuff to do, there's quite a bit of info here...
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=231895

I don't know of a Chiefs-specific bar, but I really liked Sport Restaurant & Bar by the Space Needle... the Seahawks are on at the same time though. :shrug:

It's a great place for Thai food and microbrews. There's plenty of free nature. You can get tickets to the touristy stuff at citypass.com for about 50% face value.

Slayer Diablo
11-02-2010, 11:01 PM
Take her down to Vancouver...it's the closest Buffalo Wild Wings, and they'll definitely have the Chiefs game. ;)

Jewish Rabbi
11-02-2010, 11:07 PM
Hello, gents.

I'll be visiting mah lady in Seattle this Thursday - Tuesday, and I will be in need of a place to watch my Chiefs whoop the ever living shit out of the Oakland Voldemorts.

Also, any other suggestions for what to do while there will be not only accepted, but appreciated. Keep in mind I am a poor 24 year old. Thanks in advance.

- D84
YOU CANT FUCKING SAY THAT!

Dante84
11-02-2010, 11:20 PM
So, are you in Seattle itself? Or the suburbs? Big deal. There's tons of places to watch all over, but where you're at will dictate how far I have you drive.

She lives near Bitter Lake, kind of by the Seattle Golf and Country Club, says Google Maps

Mr. Flopnuts
11-02-2010, 11:27 PM
She lives near Bitter Lake, kind of by the Seattle Golf and Country Club, says Google Maps

Just a heads up, you're probably not getting sound anywhere since the Seahawks are playing at the same time. The only place I could guarantee it is up in my old hood of Everett, WA at a place called Baxter's. I met jjchieffan there for a game when he was in town one time, in fact, that was the game that Tom Brady got Pollarded.

Anyways, close to where you'll be at is The Fremont Dock Restaurant.

1102 N. 34th St
(between N Woodland Park Ave & N Stone Way)
Seattle, WA 98103

There's only two late games, you may get lucky and be able to get sound on the game in the back of the house or something, but I wouldn't hold my breath. You'll be able to watch the game there though.

And either before or after, go check out the Fremont Troll underneath Hwy 99. It's fucking awesome, and something you'd probably dig.

Have fun, man. GO CHIEFS!!!

Johnny Vegas
11-02-2010, 11:35 PM
damn flopnuts I'm always in Seattle rockin my Chiefs hoody. You never saw me?! :D

Mr. Flopnuts
11-02-2010, 11:36 PM
damn flopnuts I'm always in Seattle rockin my Chiefs hoody. You never saw me?! :D

Heh, probably. But I didn't recognize you. :D

Psyko Tek
11-03-2010, 12:08 AM
right here
but it'll probably piss her off

Dante84
11-03-2010, 08:30 AM
Just a heads up, you're probably not getting sound anywhere since the Seahawks are playing at the same time. The only place I could guarantee it is up in my old hood of Everett, WA at a place called Baxter's. I met jjchieffan there for a game when he was in town one time, in fact, that was the game that Tom Brady got Pollarded.

1102 N. 34th St
Seattle, WA 98103

There's only two late games, you may get lucky and be able to get sound on the game in the back of the house or something, but I wouldn't hold my breath. You'll be able to watch the game there though.

And either before or after, go check out the Fremont Troll underneath Hwy 99. It's fucking awesome, and something you'd probably dig.

Thanks, Flopnasty. I appreciate the help, sir. Fighting the Seahawks game looks to be my biggest issue; hmmm....

Dante84
11-03-2010, 08:30 AM
YOU CANT FUCKING SAY THAT!

ummmm um mum mumum

Dante84
11-03-2010, 08:31 AM
As far as stuff to do, there's quite a bit of info here...
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=231895

I don't know of a Chiefs-specific bar, but I really liked Sport Restaurant & Bar by the Space Needle... the Seahawks are on at the same time though. :shrug:

It's a great place for Thai food and microbrews. There's plenty of free nature. You can get tickets to the touristy stuff at citypass.com for about 50% face value.

Thanks! Much appreciated!

Slayer Diablo
11-03-2010, 09:32 AM
Hello, gents.

- D84

YOU CANT ****ING SAY THAT!

He's got a point...AFC West could have the Chiefs as Gryffindore (really couragous with some of the sh*t we pull), Broncos as Slythrin (resourceful in the sense of "hey, vaseline can make us slippery"), Chargers as Hufflepuff (because they'd have to be pretty damn loyal ;) )...the last two are Ravenclaw and Team Voldemort...and the Raiders are certainly no Ravenclaw.

TimeForWasp
11-04-2010, 08:02 AM

1102 N. 34th St
Seattle, WA 98103

I'm in Everett also. never been to baxters, gonna check it out.

Chiefless
11-04-2010, 08:09 AM
http://stansbarbq.com/

I went here for the houston game with my brother and sister in-law. Chiefs are on about 4 tvs.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-04-2010, 10:55 AM
I'm in Everett also. never been to baxters, gonna check it out.

It's in South Everett, near Mill Creek at Murphy's Corner. 132nd St SW, and Bothell-Everett Hwy. It's not like ESPN Zone or anything, want to get that out of the way now. This place isn't super nice. It's just a great place to get some food, good beer specials, and the ability to sit in the back and hear your game. Service is hit and miss, there's a lot of things to not like about it really, but there will be Chiefs fans there, and there will be sound on the game which was always the most important things to me.

What part of Everett are you in? I can give you turn by turn instructions. I grew up in that town.

TimeForWasp
11-05-2010, 04:51 AM
It's in South Everett, near Mill Creek at Murphy's Corner. 132nd St SW, and Bothell-Everett Hwy. It's not like ESPN Zone or anything, want to get that out of the way now. This place isn't super nice. It's just a great place to get some food, good beer specials, and the ability to sit in the back and hear your game. Service is hit and miss, there's a lot of things to not like about it really, but there will be Chiefs fans there, and there will be sound on the game which was always the most important things to me.

What part of Everett are you in? I can give you turn by turn instructions. I grew up in that town.

I'm staying at the farwest motel on 99, it looks like I just take 128th street across I 5 and its on the right

TimeForWasp
11-05-2010, 05:03 AM
not at the madison pub.

I'm right down the street from there. They have good food though.

bango
11-05-2010, 09:13 PM
I work with a guy from Seattle, and he said that there were many, many Raider Fans in that area. Can anyone comment on if they have noticed that if they have been in the Seattle Area?

Mr. Flopnuts
11-05-2010, 09:29 PM
I'm staying at the farwest motel on 99, it looks like I just take 128th street across I 5 and its on the right

Yep. Take a right on 99 if you're heading north, and it'll be down about 5 miles on your right. Fred Meyer will be directly across the street. I actually grew up in a house about a mile farther down from there. Small world.

Dante84
11-06-2010, 02:11 PM
http://stansbarbq.com/

I went here for the houston game with my brother and sister in-law. Chiefs are on about 4 tvs.

Good food?

Volume on the game?

Pretty easy to see the tv's?

Is it crowded?

THANKS!

Mr. Flopnuts
11-06-2010, 02:20 PM
Good food?

Volume on the game?

Pretty easy to see the tv's?

Is it crowded?

THANKS!

I've never gotten down there, but some of the Chiefs fans I watched with at Baxter's RAVED over that place, and the food.

Dante84
11-06-2010, 02:30 PM
I've never gotten down there, but some of the Chiefs fans I watched with at Baxter's RAVED over that place, and the food.

Well, its between Baxters and the BBQ place....

Mr. Flopnuts
11-06-2010, 02:38 PM
Well, its between Baxters and the BBQ place....

I'm telling you, Baxter's is great for the Chiefs game because you'll be able to hear it, but it's not like a great place or anything. It was just local to me, I know the owner, and had friends there. If I'm an out of towner, I'm probably going to Issaquah as that's not a farther drive than Everett will be for you.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-06-2010, 02:39 PM
Have you gotten your hands on some Dick's up there yet? Fucking delicious.

Dante84
11-06-2010, 02:51 PM
I found out we are in Shoreline so its closer to Baxters, I believe.

I think Baxter's is the game day bar, I need me some sound. Thank you for this.

And I just convinced her to let me eat at Dicks.... she's way into health and such, and has a gluten free diet. So it took some wrasslin - but I got it done. Thank you also for this.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-06-2010, 02:56 PM
No problem man. Enjoy it! Baxter's is cool. Just jump on I-5 South at 145th and take the 128th St exit in Everett (Exit 182 I believe) and hang a right. It'll be on that road on the right side of the street about 3 miles down. The Fred Meyer will be right across the street, you can't miss it. Enjoy the Dick's burgers. They're awesome. It's not In 'N Out or anything, but they're pretty fucking good.

rtmike
11-06-2010, 03:27 PM
Take her down to Vancouver...it's the closest Buffalo Wild Wings, and they'll definitely have the Chiefs game. ;)

Yes, yes, down to Vancouver cause in Seattle you can go up & get to Vancouver as well.

I'm down here in Vancouver, Wa. & have gotten Sunday Ticket since '96. It's a drive but we could feed ya' & prolly even have a bed for ya'.

I don't know about Faider fans up there but besides Seachicken fans the Faider fans are every where. Must be a west coast thing.

I've lucked out while wearing my Chief gear to snag a few fans, they usually went to school back there or were in the military. I'm extremely lucky in that my next door neighbor is a Chief fan. We're taking Amtrack up there later this month for when the Chiefs come to town.

I miss the old days of Seattle being in the AFC W, I could count on having shit thrown at me in the dome at least once a year. :D