PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Quotes on the Chiefs-Raiders rivalry...

mikey23545
11-03-2010, 04:57 PM
"Those were my favorite games...I always likened them to a heavyweight fight. You knew you were going to get beat up, but it was fun. We needed the Chiefs. We wouldn't have been as good without them."
—Ben Davidson, former Raiders defensive end.

"We knew we had to go through Oakland to win the championship, and they knew they had to go through Kansas City...That made it a very bitter rivalry."
Hank Stram, former Texans/Chiefs head coach

"It's something special. It's not just media hype...You can sense it with coaches and players. Then you get out into the community, and you realize what a huge game this is for both cities."
—Will Shields, former Chiefs offensive guard.

"In Oakland...the games you always really wanted to come see were the Niners and the Chiefs. You grew up hating red...It goes deep. It's not just the teams. It's the organizations, you know, which organization is better? These are two teams that played in the old AFL against each other. Most of the history goes back to it. They've been AFC West rivals for a very, very long time. It's always been the must-win game."
—Kirk Morrison, former Raiders linebacker.

"It's a dark game. I characterize it as a lot of darkness." When asked whether "dark" was meant as 'a good vs. evil dark'—"You can read between the lines."
—Gunther Cunningham, former Raiders defensive coordinator and former Chiefs Head coach and defensive coordinator, currently working as the Detroit Lions defensive coordinator.[7]

"Only one word: Blood."
—Harvey Williams (who was with Oakland that season after four years in Kansas City) in a 1995 NBC interview for the team's first meeting in Oakland since 1981.

WebGem
11-03-2010, 05:09 PM
I CANNOT WAIT UNTIL SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Flopnuts
11-03-2010, 05:14 PM
"The Raiders have the dumbest fucking fans on the face of the planet."
Mr. Flopnuts-current Chiefs fan

WebGem
11-03-2010, 05:27 PM
Sunday is sort of the AFC West Championship game. It's the kind where if the Chiefs win, they're definitely gonna win the division, and if the Chiefs lose, they're probably still gonna win the division.

mikey23545
11-03-2010, 05:31 PM
I CANNOT WAIT UNTIL SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to admit it's great to have a Chiefs-Raiders game that actually means enough to bring the slime-covered bilge known as Raider fans backing up out of the sewers to troll the board again...

I've actually missed those days.

Fritz88
11-03-2010, 05:48 PM
"I never liked the Raiders"
Todd Haley, KC Chiefs coach.

Rain Man
11-03-2010, 05:52 PM
"The Chiefs remind me of Siegfried and Roy, and I HATE Siegfried and Roy." - Former Raiders Kicker Cole Ford.

DaneMcCloud
11-03-2010, 07:49 PM
The Chiefs are making the Raiders relevant this week, which truly harshes my mellow

RJ
11-03-2010, 08:32 PM
"The Chiefs remind me of Siegfried and Roy, and I HATE Siegfried and Roy." - Former Raiders Kicker Cole Ford.

Dude's got a lot of nerve talking shit about Siegfried and Roy.

FAX
11-03-2010, 08:57 PM
"I'd rather have warm cat poop stuffed up both my nostrils than play for the Raiders."
- Mahatma Gandhi

FAX