PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Rainy day blues at Oakland - Who does it help?

mikey23545
11-04-2010, 05:37 AM
The weather forecast for the East Bay on Sunday is not good: mostly cloudy, good chance of rain, with temperatures in the low 60s. It’s just mid-season, but the grass playing surface at the Coliseum is always problematic when it rains.

So, who benefits the most from a rainy field?

I think I know the answer San Diego would give...

Fritz88
11-04-2010, 06:18 AM
The run game.
Posted via Mobile Device

TheGuardian
11-04-2010, 06:19 AM
The ground game. It benefits us alot because that defense can't stop the run.

Buehler445
11-04-2010, 06:19 AM
Probably them. We both favor the run, but theirs is a more power run game.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bane
11-04-2010, 06:22 AM
If it rains thats a big plus for us.Have our guys drop a few bars of soap while running and their natural instincts will lead them to start butt humping,and or shanking each other within seconds.

KC Jones
11-04-2010, 06:25 AM
Neither teams are really passing oriented offenses and a wet ball / slippery turf affects that a lot. Charles quickness and cut backs and our lines pulling and turning to seal will be affected by turf conditions. I would think McFaddens running style would be affected as well.

TheGuardian
11-04-2010, 06:27 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

McFadden is not a power runner at all.

KCUnited
11-04-2010, 06:47 AM
Arrowhead's grass plays like its wet when its dry, I say a wet field favors us.

Chiefnj2
11-04-2010, 07:32 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Actually, I read that Oakland has gotten a large amount of their running yards on reverses and things like that.

TheGuardian
11-04-2010, 07:35 AM
Actually, I read that Oakland has gotten a large amount of their running yards on reverses and things like that.

Yup. And a slow field nullifies shit like that. Not to mention that our defense, since it is a very forward facing/seldom blitzing defense has not been vulnerable to plays like that this season.

Rooster
11-04-2010, 07:42 AM
Mmmmmm A whole stadium full of wet and dirty Oakland fans. I bet you will be able to smell it all the way to San Fran.

SenselessChiefsFan
11-04-2010, 07:50 AM
The Chiefs have a shorter passing attack, and a better run game and run defense.

I think it benefits the Chiefs.

That said, a wet ball probably keeps Charles off the field more.... and will nearly certainly make this a low scoring nail biting affair.

The Chiefs tend to commit fewer penalties and they take care of the ball better. It sets up nicely for them, I think.

I can see the board going ape on gameday if the Chiefs lose, because I think JC will get fewer carries with a wet ball, and I can see Battle getting on the field more as a running back.

Heck, scratch that, I can see the board going crazy on gameday even if the Chiefs win and they don't give the ball enough to JC.

Iowanian
11-04-2010, 08:13 AM
I hope the team launch bottles of liquid soap into the crowd out of the T shirt cannon. Finally, bath day in Oakland.

JTagg7754
11-04-2010, 08:23 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

One of the few logical posters in here. Congrats. The shifty runners will be hindered by this and that is not McFadden or Bush.

JTagg7754
11-04-2010, 08:24 AM

?????

6 rushes for a 121 yards. Wouldn't call that a "large amount" of the yards.

JTagg7754
11-04-2010, 08:25 AM
McFadden hasn't been falling down all the time anyway this season so I'd say it definitely helps Oakland.

Iowanian
11-04-2010, 08:28 AM
He'll sure be falling down when he's getting his head mashed in Sunday.

Oakland will be doing well to crack 100 yards this Sunday, Oakland will be doing well if the Chiefs don't rush for 200.

DaKCMan AP
11-04-2010, 08:28 AM
McFadden hasn't been falling down all the time anyway this season so I'd say it definitely helps Oakland.

Thanks for your unbiased opinion.

JTagg7754
11-04-2010, 08:31 AM
Thanks for your unbiased opinion.

Think I'm bias all you want. Go to RFN and look around and you'll see just how bias I am.

Thanks for your assumptions though!!!

Chiefnj2
11-04-2010, 08:32 AM
?????

6 rushes for a 121 yards. Wouldn't call that a "large amount" of the yards.

And another 100+ from Cambell scrambling.

JTagg7754
11-04-2010, 08:35 AM
And another 100+ from Cambell scrambling.

Campbell did an end around???? When?

Iowanian
11-04-2010, 08:39 AM
Campbell's rushing numbers have definitely made the oakland stats look better, I know you're not just playing stupid, but don't be stupid.

JTagg7754
11-04-2010, 08:40 AM
Campbell's rushing numbers have definitely made the oakland stats look better, I know you're not just playing stupid, but don't be stupid.

Sorry we have a QB who can use his legs unlike the super athlete that is Cassel. He SPECIFICALLY said that a large amount of yards come from reverses. I listed all yards accumulated off reverses then he brought up Campbell. I'm not being stupid at all nor pretending to be. Look at your own fan base if you would like to do that big guy.

Iowanian
11-04-2010, 08:41 AM
Maybe he's just using his legs and running like a scared deer, due to the 22 sacks he has taken so far.

JTagg7754
11-04-2010, 08:44 AM
Maybe he's just using his legs and running like a scared deer, due to the 22 sacks he has taken so far.

Swanman
11-04-2010, 09:37 AM
One of the few logical posters in here. Congrats. The shifty runners will be hindered by this and that is not McFadden or Bush.

Shifty runners do get hindered in their cuts with a wet field, but remember the defenders pursuing them will be on rollerskates on the wet turf so it's usually a wash, and in many cases the pursuing defenders are hindered more by a wet turf.

And don't forget, we have more than one running back, and I wouldn't call TJ "shifty".

Championship
11-04-2010, 09:56 AM
Rain, snow, or sunshine. It doesn't matter. The Chiefs are getting exposed this sunday.

And look for Charles to tear his ACL in the game.

TheGuardian
11-04-2010, 09:56 AM
Sorry we have a QB who can use his legs unlike the super athlete that is Cassel. He SPECIFICALLY said that a large amount of yards come from reverses. I listed all yards accumulated off reverses then he brought up Campbell. I'm not being stupid at all nor pretending to be. Look at your own fan base if you would like to do that big guy.

I think the point you are missing is, there is a difference between having a great running game and having rushing yards coming from your QB and reverses. KC's ground game is a shit ton better than Oaklands.

Delano
11-04-2010, 10:00 AM
Rain, snow, or sunshine. It doesn't matter. The Chiefs are getting exposed this sunday.

Predicting an injury. Typical felonious fan.

A gimped Charles is the only way Oakland hangs with KC.

ChiTown
11-04-2010, 10:01 AM

ROFL

JFC, we've Jumped the Shark

Swanman
11-04-2010, 10:03 AM
Predicting an injury. Typical felonious fan.

A gimped Charles is the only way Oakland hangs with KC.

Nah, TJ will just pick up the slack and if McCluster is back, he will just take on the JC role in that case.

Both passing offenses suck. Both running offenses are good. Oakland has shitty run defense. KC has good run defense. Do the math (as Raider fans heads explode from the logic).

KCrockaholic
11-04-2010, 10:05 AM
I think the point you are missing is, there is a difference between having a great running game and having rushing yards coming from your QB and reverses. KC's ground game is a shit ton better than ANY FOOTBALL TEAM.

fyp

Championship
11-04-2010, 10:16 AM
Nah, TJ will just pick up the slack and if McCluster is back, he will just take on the JC role in that case.

Thomas Jones is too old and too slow to do major damage to the Raiders fast and athletic defense. And Dexter McCluster is a fuckin bust. Dude has 207 total yards from scrimmage. Excuse me if I am not worried.

Both passing offenses suck.

Correction, the Chiefs passing game sucks. That's why you are ranked last. The Raiders passing game is capable. Our QB is coming off of a 300 yard game. I don't think Cassel has had a 300 yard game in his entire career with the Queefs.

Both running offenses are good. Oakland has shitty run defense. KC has good run defense. Do the math (as Raider fans heads explode from the logic).

Seattle had the #2 run defense in the NFL last week before we played them and hadn't allowed a 100 yard rusher all season long. That changed on Sunday, as it will for your defense on Sunday.

The Raiders can flat out run the ball. It doesn't matter where your defense is ranked, we are going to get our 200+ rushing yards on the ground. Guaranteed.

And btw, I don't buy this KC has a good run defense shit. The only good running offense you played this year was Houston, and Foster still had 2 TDs on the ground. So please, spare me.

PunkinDrublic
11-04-2010, 10:20 AM
It benefits the Chiefs. The faiders already can't avoid a blackout when the weathers nice.

ChiTown
11-04-2010, 10:22 AM
It benefits the Chiefs. The faiders already can't avoid a blackout when the weathers nice.

:clap:

ModSocks
11-04-2010, 10:23 AM
I don't think it will make a difference really. They're both going to try to pound the ball regardless of the weather.

But like punkindrublic said, it may cause even less faider fans to show up, which would be nice.

Iowanian
11-04-2010, 10:24 AM
You're calling McCluster a bust?

McFadden was a 1st round pick and had a total of 357 yds last year, and needed to get into his 3rd season to crack 1000.

Thomas Jones, who you're saying is too old and slow has rushed for an average around 1200 yds the past 7 seasons, and is within around 100 yards of McFadden this season, while splitting carries with Charles.

You would be better off to just type "hrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRFFFFFFFFFRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrkrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"

Swanman
11-04-2010, 10:24 AM
Thomas Jones is too old and too slow to do major damage to the Raiders fast and athletic defense. And Dexter McCluster is a ****in bust. Dude has 207 total yards from scrimmage. Excuse me if I am not worried.

Correction, the Chiefs passing game sucks. That's why you are ranked last. The Raiders passing game is capable. Our QB is coming off of a 300 yard game. I don't think Cassel has had a 300 yard game in his entire career with the Chiefs.

Seattle had the #2 run defense in the NFL last week before we played them and hadn't allowed a 100 yard rusher all season long. That changed on Sunday, as it will for your defense on Sunday.

The Raiders can flat out run the ball. It doesn't matter where your defense is ranked, we are going to get our 200+ rushing yards on the ground. Guaranteed.

And btw, I don't buy this KC has a good run defense shit. The only good running offense you played this year was Houston, and Foster still had 2 TDs on the ground. So please, spare me.

I would respond with valid, logical points but it's obvious you have a few extra chromosomes so I won't bother.

KCrockaholic
11-04-2010, 10:26 AM
Thomas Jones is too old and too slow to do major damage to the Raiders fast and athletic defense. And Dexter McCluster is a ****in bust. Dude has 207 total yards from scrimmage. Excuse me if I am not worried.

Correction, the Chiefs passing game sucks. That's why you are ranked last. The Raiders passing game is capable. Our QB is coming off of a 300 yard game. I don't think Cassel has had a 300 yard game in his entire career with the Chiefs.

This post is worthy of 'Dumbass of the year award'.

Typical dumbass faider fan looking at stats and just assuming shit.

KCrockaholic
11-04-2010, 10:27 AM
You're calling McCluster a bust?

McFadden was a 1st round pick and had a total of 357 yds last year, and needed to get into his 3rd season to crack 1000.

Thomas Jones, who you're saying is too old and slow has rushed for an average around 1200 yds the past 7 seasons, and is within around 100 yards of McFadden this season, while splitting carries with Charles.

You would be better off to just type "hrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRFFFFFFFFFRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrkrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"

And the Chiefs already had their bye week.

Championship
11-04-2010, 10:28 AM
I would respond with valid, logical points but it's obvious you have a few extra chromosomes so I won't bother.

You obviously can't prove anything I said wrong. I'd take a knee if I were you.

ReynardMuldrake
11-04-2010, 10:28 AM

Yeah, because yards from kickoff return TDs don't count, right?

Numbers aren't your strong suit, are they?

Heard the same shit from San Fran. And Cleveland. And Indy. And Jax. They all said, 'Our run game's different, you'll see!'

We ran all over all of them.

Iowanian
11-04-2010, 10:29 AM

Its' pretty apparent that you're prone to spending significant time on 2 of them.....both working for the dollar and praying, because after the dumb shit you've been saying about the game, you're supposed to say Amen.

The Raiders aren't even sure their star offseason QB acquisition is even going to be the starter.....he's THAT good.

ChiTown
11-04-2010, 10:30 AM

http://www.wsfcca.com/trisomy21a.jpg

mlyonsd
11-04-2010, 10:30 AM
If anyone ever questioned what shape the educational system around the bay area is they should read this thread.

Swanman
11-04-2010, 10:31 AM

Why should I try? It's best not to argue logic with a retard. You said McCluster was a bust (which he absolutely isn't) and that Jones is too slow to do any damage (which he's not, as his stats will show). And you said your passing game is "capable". How do you prove something to someone that said bye-bye to reality long ago?

Priest31kc
11-04-2010, 10:31 AM
JFC, Im already sick of seeing this Championship moron on here. :rolleyes:

KCrockaholic
11-04-2010, 10:32 AM
Why should I try? It's best not to argue logic with a retard. You said McCluster was a bust (which he absolutely isn't) and that Jones is too slow to do any damage (which he's not, as his stats will show). And you said your passing game is "capable". How do you prove something to someone that said bye-bye to reality long ago?

I think it's funny how Thomas Jones is too old and slow yet he's averaging nearly 5 ypc, and he just ripped off a 70 yarder against Jacksonville 2 weeks ago.

Championship
11-04-2010, 10:37 AM

Dexter McCluster hasn't done anything yet to show he isn't a bust.

Thomas Jones at this point in his career is not a major threat. He is a similar runner to Marshawn Lynch, who we shut down last week.

And yes, the Raiders passing game is capable. We went over 300 yards last week with our best two WRs out, and our all world TE not playing much. We have many more options in the passing game than the Chiefs, who only throw to the overrated Dwayne Bowe and occasionally to Tony Moeaki.

Iowanian
11-04-2010, 10:37 AM
I'm going to pre-load this for sunday evening.

"Dear God, make me a bird, so I can fly far, far far away...Dear God...Make me a bird.."
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSrg9ce7nbtEGvI_boeX0DANgeGWCbNxMmUcbmkl2pwTnskNDM&t=1&usg=__D3DcJ5ruJrsvrqpb3jXeXynQbvc=

Championship
11-04-2010, 10:40 AM
I think it's funny how Thomas Jones is too old and slow yet he's averaging nearly 5 ypc, and he just ripped off a 70 yarder against Jacksonville 2 weeks ago.

You shouldn't use what somebody did against the awful jacksonville jaguars defense. They suck.

The Raiders defense is fast and athletic, and littered with guys who run 4.3's. Thomas Jones has as much of a chance at breaking a 70 yard run against us than you do of getting laid, which by reading some of your posts I can tell is very low.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-04-2010, 10:44 AM
You shouldn't use what somebody did against the awful jacksonville jaguars defense. They suck.

The Raiders defense is fast and athletic, and littered with guys who run 4.3's. Thomas Jones has as much of a chance at breaking a 70 yard run against us than you do of getting laid, which by reading some of your posts I can tell is very low.

I don't know how we'll be able to run against the 26th ranked fast and athletic rushing defense in the league. We are doomed. Sad days ahead.

Iowanian
11-04-2010, 10:45 AM
The bad news for Chumpionship, is that the Chiefs are built to knock players that run 4.3 40s on their ass and let the backs run over them.

LaChapelle
11-04-2010, 10:51 AM
There is a pattern here
and I don't mean an unnatural male pattern baldness
from a head rubbed against a cement block jail cell

patteeu
11-04-2010, 10:51 AM

That's offensive, sir. It's offensive to compare retards to this particular Raiders fan.

KCrockaholic
11-04-2010, 10:52 AM

Hey, I'm not getting done in the ass by my cell-mate. So that's a full step above you.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-04-2010, 10:54 AM

ROFLROFLROFLROFL Hey everybody, AL IS TROLLING TEH PLANET!!111

Rausch
11-04-2010, 10:54 AM
The bad news for Chumpionship, is that the Chiefs are built to knock players that run 4.3 40s on their ass and let the backs run over them.

Is there really any point in asking what team has the most to gain from an environment that favors running the football when one of the teams is BY FAR the best running team in the league?...

Contrarian
11-04-2010, 10:57 AM

This is just F**KING STUPID!

patteeu
11-04-2010, 10:59 AM

In fairness, he did get caught on that 70 yard run. He's not a speedster, but he's a damned good, extremely consistent, sure-handed RB who has been gashing better defenses than the Raiders have for years now.

Rausch
11-04-2010, 11:01 AM
Dexter McCluster hasn't done anything yet to show he isn't a bust.

Thomas Jones at this point in his career is not a major threat. He is a similar runner to Marshawn Lynch, who we shut down last week.

And yes, the Raiders passing game is capable. We went over 300 yards last week with our best two WRs out, and our all world TE not playing much. We have many more options in the passing game than the Chiefs, who only throw to the overrated Dwayne Bowe and occasionally to Tony Moeaki.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/p7w64fbqYQY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/p7w64fbqYQY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Championship
11-04-2010, 11:12 AM
I swear I cant wait to read the reaction to the ass beating we will give on Sunday.

Chief fans are by far the most cockiest, arrogant, stupid sons of bitches I have came across so far. ROFL

It's downright surprising that you fans can be so cocky after five wins against some of the worst teams in the NFL.

This is going to be comedic gold. Can't wait, Chief fans. Can't fucking wait.

Championship
11-04-2010, 11:12 AM
Oh and btw, here's a nice little stat to chew on.

The Raiders rank top ten in both offense and defense.

Rausch
11-04-2010, 11:13 AM
I swear I cant wait to read the reaction to the ass beating we will give on Sunday.

Chief fans are by far the most cockiest, arrogant, stupid sons of bitches I have came across so far. ROFL

It's downright surprising that you fans can be so cocky after five wins against some of the worst teams in the NFL.

This is going to be comedic gold. Can't wait, Chief fans. Can't ****ing wait.

Like most your baby momma's said: Just show up on Monday...

ReynardMuldrake
11-04-2010, 11:14 AM

What are you talking about? You won't even be here.

DaKCMan AP
11-04-2010, 11:28 AM

It makes more sense for a fan of a team that has less wins, and couldn't even beat one of the "worst teams in the NFL" that make up one of our 5 wins, to be overconfident, right?

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-04-2010, 11:40 AM

This is going to be comedic gold. Can't wait, Chief fans. Can't fucking wait.

Congrats on the long-standing blackouts; YUUR FANZ RULEZZ!!!!

Fucktard.

keg in kc
11-04-2010, 11:45 AM
Hopefully the Raiders team performs at a higher level than their trolls. Otherwise it's going to be a really boring, albeit highly satisfying, game.

Rausch
11-04-2010, 11:46 AM
Hopefully the Raiders team performs at a higher level than their trolls. Otherwise it's going to be a really boring, albeit highly satisfying, game.

I'm fine with that...

keg in kc
11-04-2010, 11:51 AM
"Championship"'s posts read like deranged rantings from the mongoloid love child of DeezNuts and Mr. Flopnuts.