PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Your most memorable Chiefs/Raiders game?

Mr. Arrowhead
11-05-2010, 10:35 AM
I cant decide on the James Hasty Pick 6 in OT or Grbac to Rison on MNF in the last seconds.

How about you?

BigMeatballDave
11-05-2010, 10:37 AM
Probably the Grbac to Rison win in '97.

The 30-0 win in Arrowhead that same yr was fun, too.

milkman
11-05-2010, 10:40 AM
The Ben Davidson spearing game.

RockChalk
11-05-2010, 10:42 AM
Grbac to Rison is my favorite. I was 15 at the time and I remember my dad got pissed off and went upstairs. He couldn't take the game anymore, thought it was over. I scared the sh*t out of both of my parents when Rison caught that ball. I think they thought the house was on fir.

Hasty pick 6 was a very close interception because it happened right in front of me. I'm pretty sure that Marty ran all the way down the field and dove on Hasty in the endzone.

Frazod
11-05-2010, 10:43 AM
I remember the Monday night game years ago where we won on a Vanover TD return. That was sweet.

Mr. Arrowhead
11-05-2010, 10:46 AM
I remember the Monday night game years ago where we won on a Vanover TD return. That was sweet.

I think that was against the Chargers

Reerun_KC
11-05-2010, 10:47 AM

You sure?

ChiTown
11-05-2010, 10:50 AM
1975 Chiefs v Raiders at Arrowhead.

Mike Livingston and the Chiefs absolutely destroyed the Raiduh's

42-10. One of my fondest childhood memories at Arrowhead.

Rooster
The Hasty pick 6 was the first one that popped in my head.

Most of them were KC winning 9 to 7 in the Marty years it seems.

gblowfish
I was at the Ben Davidson spearing game when I was a kid. That was an ugly scene, I really thought the ref's lives were in danger.

In Arrowhead, Chiefs beating up Marv Hubbard and putting 40+ points on a heavily favored Raider team.

Beating them 3 times in one year with DeBerg

The James Hasty Pick for a TD, Marty gives him a big smooch on the head.

The Jon Baker kicking fiasco, losing to Rich Gannon at Arrowhead to not make the playoffs (Gunther was the coach).

Deron Cherry laying a big hit on Bo Jackson to force a fumble, Jackson held to a handful of yards, Chiefs win.

Ultimate: Beating the Raiders in Oakland to keep them out of Super Bowl IV and Chiefs go instead. Eat that, you pukes!

Old Dog
11-05-2010, 10:51 AM

I think your rememberer might be broken.

Reerun_KC
11-05-2010, 10:52 AM

ROFL That was funny!

Frazod
11-05-2010, 10:52 AM

I won't dispute that. I was probably really drunk. Was it Rison? I just remember being at bar watching the game, being pissed because I thought we were going to lose and then we won.

Old Dog
11-05-2010, 10:57 AM
This one possibly?
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199709080rai.htm

CHENZ A!
11-05-2010, 10:59 AM
"if Al Davis had known you were gonna do this, he wouldve offered you a hell of a lot more money!!"
Posted via Mobile Device

seclark
11-05-2010, 11:00 AM
1990 i think. november game. freezing rain at half time.
deron cherry sticks it to bo jackson and forced a fumble and f@cked up bo's hip.
chiefs win 9 to 7
sec

Old Dog
11-05-2010, 11:00 AM
But this is the one you're thinking of....Chargers in 1995

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199510090kan.htm

Frazod
11-05-2010, 11:03 AM
This one possibly?
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199709080rai.htm

That must be it - the time frame is right.

Old and drain bamaged :(

Old Dog
11-05-2010, 11:05 AM
Old and drain bamaged :(

Why you gotta go calling me names? (even if it is true)

Oh, I see what you meant

BIG_DADDY
11-05-2010, 11:16 AM
It was a Monday night back in 1997 and BIG_DADDY is sitting in a bar filled with Raiders fans where he was the only Chiefs fan. It was the last play of the game and Chiefs final chance. Elvis Grbac drops back and BIG_DADDY yells, "there's a bad moon, there's a BAD MOON" Elvis throws a 32 yard pass to Rison in the corner of the end zone for the game winner with 3 seconds left on the clock as BIG_DADDY goes "THERE'S A BAD MOON RISON!!!!" I go nuts and everyone els is cussing like hell and at that point. I was just glad to be there with my Raiders fan friend who was truly a bad ass. Gotta lot of dirty looks and **** you's though.

sd4chiefs
11-05-2010, 11:47 AM
November 23rd 1969.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/196911230kan.htm

I'm an old fart.

WilliamTheIrish
11-05-2010, 12:06 PM
the only game that ever really mattered. Last AFL game forever. The chance to play in SB IV rode on it. The Raiders could win 100 straight in the series but the game that mattered most, the game that meant everything to both franchises, that game is ours. For all time.
Posted via Mobile Device

alpha_omega
11-05-2010, 12:12 PM
Grbac to Rison is the first one i remembered.

dtforever
11-05-2010, 12:16 PM
For me it was Monday, Oct 28th, 1991. First ever live NFL football game. First ever Monday night Game. First ever game at Arrowhead.

Steve Deberg leads the Chiefs to a late come from behind victory. I'll never forget how loud the stadium was during the game, and how loud the tomahawk chop was going down the ramps after the game...gives me goose-bumps to this very day. :D

HighChief
11-05-2010, 12:19 PM
Was it 06 when niether team could stop the other. So we get a late td and can kick the xp for the overtime or go for the win with the 2 pt conversion. Larry Johnson dives over the pile for the win.

Hammock Parties
11-05-2010, 12:22 PM
2006, Page ending the game with the INT in the end zone.

I was sitting in the end zone in the upper deck, saw the Raiders complete one big pass to our goal line and I was sure it was over.

Next play...BAM! Stake in their hearts. Great moment at Arrowhead.

Frazod
11-05-2010, 12:24 PM
It has become clear that I merely confused our main hero-turned-dirtbag guys. :D

MMXcalibur
11-05-2010, 12:27 PM
As much as I hate to say it, the January 2nd, 2000 game where the Raiders won 41-38 in overtime to keep us out of the playoffs. I remember sitting in front of the TV as CBS brought us to "extended coverage" and hoping KC could pull it out. I sat there for a good 10 minutes with my head in my hands after Nedney booted that son of a bitch through the uprights. I knew KC wouldn't make it anywhere near the Super Bowl that season but it was still an absolutely soul crushing moment.

My best memory of a Chiefs win? Grbac to Rison.

ModSocks
11-05-2010, 12:29 PM
easily the 97 game for me. Kinda surprised to see everyone else picked that game as well. I've told that story so many times this week.

Demonpenz
11-05-2010, 12:33 PM
I liked it when the chiefs hired a guy strictly to kick off and he kicked it out of bounds.

Crush
11-05-2010, 12:35 PM
The James Hasty INT easily for me. Since it was my first game at Arrowhead.
Posted via Mobile Device

Wallcrawler
11-05-2010, 12:39 PM
The call is burned into my brain. I can hear it as if its going on right now.

Hostetler....INTERCEPTED! Picked off by Hasty! James Hasty! With Hostetler back.....Hasty going just short....No he's IN!! HE'S IN FOR THE WINNING TOUCHDOWN!!

MARV! Marv the official....the official bumped Tim Brown off his route!

Marty: If they knew you were gonna do that to them, Al Davis wouldve given you a helluva lot more money. (Hasty had visited the Raiders in Free Agency before ending up in KC)

Then Marty kisses him on the forehead......fail.

Mojo Jojo
11-05-2010, 12:40 PM
How about the first ever playoff game at Arrowhead. The Chiefs & Raiders played the week before and the winner would host the loser the next week in the playoffs.

L.A. Chieffan
11-05-2010, 12:41 PM
As much as I hate to say it, the January 2nd, 2000 game where the Raiders won 41-38 in overtime to keep us out of the playoffs. I remember sitting in front of the TV as CBS brought us to "extended coverage" and hoping KC could pull it out. I sat there for a good 10 minutes with my head in my hands after Nedney booted that son of a bitch through the uprights. I knew KC wouldn't make it anywhere near the Super Bowl that season but it was still an absolutely soul crushing moment.

My best memory of a Chiefs win? Grbac to Rison.

I will have the image of Gruden running around like he just won the Superbowl seared into my brain forever

Hammock Parties
11-05-2010, 12:52 PM
Then Marty kisses him on the forehead......fail.

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/192/martykisswd7.gif

Frazod
11-05-2010, 12:57 PM

I was a party at somebody else's house for that sonofabitch. Took every ounce of self-control not to go berserk. Probably a good thing I wasn't home. :grr:

Los Pollos Hermanos
11-05-2010, 01:02 PM
The '97 James Hasty INT is the one where Tim Brown ran into the ref?

jlscorpio
11-05-2010, 01:26 PM
- The Hasty pick 6 popped in my head instantly
- DT sacking Jeff George 5 or 6 times on a Sunday Night game
- Brian Washington ends the game in Oakland with a pick, same year as Hasty's IIRC.
- "The Dive"
- Every MF time Gannon suited up against us and made us pay for the sins of King Carl
- Shawn Barber basically ends Gannon's career
- The look of redemption on Marcus Allen's face the first time he killed 'em
- Hating Albert Lewis and Harvey Williams

Mr. Arrowhead
11-05-2010, 01:32 PM
The '97 James Hasty INT is the one where Tim Brown ran into the ref?

pretty sure that was in 1995

Otter
11-05-2010, 01:34 PM
Grbac to Rison at the last second.

I scared the shit out of the dog and everyone else in the room when he caught that pass.

DaFace
11-05-2010, 01:36 PM
I know it was LJ, but I'll never forget the game in 2005 where we were down by 3 with no time left on the 1 yard line. Rather than kick the field goal, Vermiel sent LJ in to dive over the pile for the win. That was pure insanity.

Los Pollos Hermanos
11-05-2010, 01:46 PM
pretty sure that was in 1995

So, '95 was the year of "Amen Corner"?

Titty Meat
11-05-2010, 02:29 PM
2005-2006 were both great finishes I happend to be at both games.

In 05 I was so pissed when Moss scored I left the stadium only to hear the crowd cheering LJ had just scored on the last play.

06' was cool because the team was just begining to make it's push for the playoffs Page made the game winning pick in the endzone.

1ChiefsDan
11-05-2010, 02:40 PM
Seahags rainbowl - absolute blast, rain and all.

Hammock Parties
11-05-2010, 02:42 PM
This one was memorable.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QUlwFSFVUG0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QUlwFSFVUG0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

michaelj_58
11-05-2010, 03:01 PM
i was there too,with my dad, thats why i have been a chiefs fan ever since.

bishop_74
11-05-2010, 03:09 PM
I think it was 2000... Janikowski's first year. They kicked a field goal at the end to knock us out of the playoffs. I'll never forget the face of Chucky as he ran on to the field with glee.

Zebedee DuBois
11-05-2010, 07:39 PM
I (vaguely) remember a game when DeBerg was the QB and he drew Howie Long offsides with a hard count 3 times in one drive. I 'think' it was an away game.

That one always made me smile.

mikey23545
11-05-2010, 08:15 PM

digger
11-05-2010, 08:18 PM
- The Hasty pick 6 popped in my head instantly
- DT sacking Jeff George 5 or 6 times on a Sunday Night game
- Brian Washington ends the game in Oakland with a pick, same year as Hasty's IIRC.
- "The Dive"
- Every MF time Gannon suited up against us and made us pay for the sins of King Carl
- Shawn Barber basically ends Gannon's career
- The look of redemption on Marcus Allen's face the first time he killed 'em
- Hating Albert Lewis and Harvey Williams

That HE called his own Safety in front of the east in-zone. I was there and everyone held up the safety signal for the hold play and when he got it, the whole place when nuts.

black angus
11-05-2010, 08:39 PM

o:cuss:ne of the dirtiest, chickenshit plays of all time, and because of it the fucking raiders snatched a tie from sure defeat. I'm still proud of otis taylor for laying into that piece of dog crap though.:cuss:

Rain Man
11-05-2010, 09:08 PM
I don't remember games as much as I remember plays. Whole games tend to fade into obscurity for me.

A few of my top memories of plays are:

1. Grbac to Rison. It was such a bolt of lightning that it may have been the loudest I've ever spontaneously yelled in happiness. Total exhilaration.

2. Leslie O'Neal blindsiding Jeff George on a scramble. If you could kill a person on a football field, it would've happened on that play. That was perhaps the only hit on a Raider where I actually felt kind of sorry for the guy.

3. I couldn't tell you the game, but I have a childhood memory of a game in 71 or 72 or 73 where Buck Buchanan broke through the line and grabbed George Blanda (at QB) by the neck. Blanda was trying to get away and Buck did the bulldogging thing of twisting Blanda until he went down. I was quite thrilled.

Hammock Parties
11-05-2010, 09:22 PM
2. Leslie O'Neal blindsiding Jeff George on a scramble. If you could kill a person on a football field, it would've happened on that play. That was perhaps the only hit on a Raider where I actually felt kind of sorry for the guy.

http://i36.tinypic.com/10wp4du.gif

Rain Man
11-05-2010, 09:25 PM
http://i36.tinypic.com/10wp4du.gif

That made me smile. Thanks!

Hammock Parties
11-05-2010, 09:26 PM
I like how George looks Leslie's way at the last second...as if he could sense his aura coming to crush him. Very briefly, the thought "OH SHIT" may have crossed his mind.

Rain Man
11-05-2010, 09:27 PM
Was that the game where George finally asked the Chiefs defenders to stop pass-rushing?

QuikSsurfer
11-05-2010, 09:32 PM
Haha he fucking kills him!
Jeff doesn't see him at all.

Hammock Parties
11-05-2010, 09:34 PM
Anthony Davis probably saved that from being career ending.

Rain Man
11-05-2010, 09:36 PM
Anthony Davis probably saved that from being career ending.

I was wondering if that actually hurt George worse or if it cushioned him. It looks like Davis actually took a pretty good shot by having George hurled into him.

Delaney37
11-05-2010, 09:42 PM
Love that gif of George getting destroyed! The game I remember was Dec.28th 1991. Chiefs vs the LA Raiders. It was my second year of having season tickets. My buddy and I got in as soon as the gates opened into Arrowhead to see if we could talk to some of the players in the end zone next to Tony DiPardo. Chatted with Tony for a bit before Okye, Word, and Harvey jogged by during warmups. Talked with them a bit also and remember best how they were fired up. But what sticks out the most is seeing Marty and the entire coaching staff yelling at Lonnie Marts to come off the field after getting his knee crunched. He stayed in only to make an interception that sealed the game for the Chiefs.

DJJasonp
11-05-2010, 10:05 PM
Unfortunately....it's at the coliseum in LA....

DeBerg hit Bill Jones for 1 or 2 TD's that day (1990 I think)...and we won.

But it was my first experience at a Raider game in Raider territory....and I wore the old zubaz pants, and my DT jersey.

To this day, I feel lucky to have gotten out alive. All you hear about the black hole and their fans.....none of it is exaggerated. It's all true and then some.

I remember needing to take a pi** so bad at halftime....but was so scared to leave our seats....that I held it.

Also remember having a LAPD near our row...(not security...this is LAPD mind you)....and because we were winning....I remember saying to the cop (half jokingly)..."we may need some help getting to our car"...

His response: "I suggest you sit down...and keep your mouth shut".

Freakin' war zone man!

The 2nd biggest memory came a year later....monday night football....raiders were marching to take the lead and Schroeder threw a pick.

It was in my top 4 loudest arrowhead moments....

1. Buffalo monday night game in '90
2. Chiefs/Raiders monday night ('91 or '92?)
3. Montana debut at home vs donks
4. Vanover returns punt in OT vs San Diego on MNF

Rain Man
11-05-2010, 10:09 PM
Love that gif of George getting destroyed! The game I remember was Dec.28th 1991. Chiefs vs the LA Raiders. It was my second year of having season tickets. My buddy and I got in as soon as the gates opened into Arrowhead to see if we could talk to some of the players in the end zone next to Tony DiPardo. Chatted with Tony for a bit before Okye, Word, and Harvey jogged by during warmups. Talked with them a bit also and remember best how they were fired up. But what sticks out the most is seeing Marty and the entire coaching staff yelling at Lonnie Marts to come off the field after getting his knee crunched. He stayed in only to make an interception that sealed the game for the Chiefs.

Do you remember the playoff win against the Marinovich Raiders? I'm sad to say that I have no real memory of that game other than that it was low-scoring.

DJJasonp
11-05-2010, 10:15 PM
Do you remember the playoff win against the Marinovich Raiders? I'm sad to say that I have no real memory of that game other than that it was low-scoring.

My fingers and toes still have yet to warm back to normal since that game.

Rain Man
11-05-2010, 10:19 PM

You were ... there?

Mr. Flopnuts
11-05-2010, 10:23 PM
I liked it when the chiefs hired a guy strictly to kick off and he kicked it out of bounds.

FUCK JON BAKER!!!

DJJasonp
11-05-2010, 10:29 PM
You were ... there?

Does that make me old here??? :)

Other than cold and no scoring...the thing I remember the most from that game is the video operator putting Marinovich on the jumbo-tron....sitting on bench....looking like tears were falling down his face.

Rain Man
11-05-2010, 10:43 PM

Other than cold and no scoring...the thing I remember the most from that game is the video operator putting Marinovich on the jumbo-tron....sitting on bench....looking like tears were falling down his face.

It gives you honor. I bet there aren't five people alive today who have seen the Chiefs beat the Raiders in a playoff game in person.

Okay, maybe a few more than five. But not a lot.

KChiefs1
11-05-2010, 11:15 PM
I remember when eventhough the game was sold out the NFL still blacked them out locally so we'd host family from KC to watch the games. We'd have family down every weekend to watch on our huge console tv(27") or my huge uncle's console tv which he was so proud of. Chiefs games were how our we had family get togethers back in the day.

You guys are making me feel old with yours because they weren't that long ago to me...here are mine.

1. January 4, 1970 - Last AFL Game

2. 1970 - Ben Davidson spear & subsequent brawl which led to a late Blanda fg to tie the game. I believe this was the start of the Blanda miracles that year.

3. 1971 - Buck Buchanan picked up Blanda & planted him which pretty much sealed a Chiefs win & the AFC West division that year.

4. 1997 - Grbac to Rison

5. 1986 - Chiefs went out to LA & beat the Raiders when they needed a win trying to make the playoffs for the first time in 15 years. The next week they went into Pittsburgh to beat the Steelers sealing the win with special team td's getting the Chiefs into the playoffs. I think I have this game on betamax tape somewhere.

I could go on & on...I've probably forgotten some great ones because I've seen them all...the 1971 game in Oakland was good, 1995 game at Arrowhead ended by Hasty's INT, Cherry's hit on Bo Jackson was classic, etc....some classic Chiefs vs Raiders games that were great...I haven't missed one.

TrickyNicky
11-06-2010, 12:18 AM
2005. Trent's dad had died during the week if I remember correctly. Going for the win instead of a tie. fuck yeah.

JOhn
11-06-2010, 12:30 AM

THAT was a AWSOME GAME!!! I had seats in the endzone about 5 rows up. Yes he was crying on the bench...frickin CLASSIC!!!

It gives you honor. I bet there aren't five people alive today who have seen the Chiefs beat the Raiders in a playoff game in person.

I was there :D

RippedmyFlesh
11-06-2010, 12:43 AM
I almost feel sorry for people too young to have seen that.
That game is the 50 year history in 1 game is the only way to describe it.
It led up to that point and that was the explosion in the rivalry.
That was the land on the moon moment of chiefs raiders.

Hammock Parties
11-06-2010, 01:09 AM
Here's Buck doing some gardening. Beautiful gif. Just epic.

http://i54.tinypic.com/xd7btj.jpg

RippedmyFlesh
11-06-2010, 01:18 AM
Here's Buck doing some gardening. Beautiful gif. Just epic.

http://i54.tinypic.com/xd7btj.jpg
That's football pron.

wheeler08
11-06-2010, 03:39 AM
It sure as hell wasn't last years home game against them. Although it was my first (and only, so far) trip to Arrowhead, driving from Indy. Couldn't believe how many Raider fans were in the parking lot. And we got friggin beat.

WilliamTheIrish
11-06-2010, 04:17 AM
I (vaguely) remember a game when DeBerg was the QB and he drew Howie Long offsides with a hard count 3 times in one drive. I 'think' it was an away game.

That one always made me smile.

It was Bob Golic that he drew offsides with the hard count. Then NBC showed Golic crying through his facemask after the third penalty. 1992 I think. In Oakland.

Todd McNair sealed the win by taking a handoff that was supposed to go up the middle, with 8 in the box, (Martyball) and bounced outside for a 1st down.

Game over.

WilliamTheIrish
11-06-2010, 04:20 AM

*Raises hand*

Delaney37
11-06-2010, 05:56 AM

LOL....yeah it seemed the wind that day had a bit of a bite to it to say the least

Delaney37
11-06-2010, 05:59 AM

Man I hope not since I'm only 44:D....I had forgotten about the Marinoturd being on the jumbo-tron. That was priceless!

Delaney37
11-06-2010, 06:04 AM

Yeah I do Rainman. It was a 10 to 6 win. What we also noticed was how excited everyone was about the game. The fans of course but all the staff at Arrowhead also. The ushers we talked to were pumped up almost as much as the players.

Fritz88
11-06-2010, 06:25 AM
Some might remember this game. Warning: Gut wrenching.

Start at the 4:00 mark.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-presents/09000d5d81be3695/NFL-Films-Presents-Silence-is-golden

R8RFAN
11-06-2010, 06:35 AM
I really enjoyed Grudens first year when the Raiders went to Camarohead and won 41–38 (OT) to prevent the Chiefs from a playoff slot

CHENZ A!
11-06-2010, 06:57 AM
I really enjoyed Grudens first year when the Raiders went to Camarohead and won 41–38 (OT) to prevent the Chiefs from a playoff slot

Yeah, that made me really hate Gruden for awhile, but all was forgiven when he skullfucked the raiders in the Superbowl.
Posted via Mobile Device

R8RFAN
11-06-2010, 07:03 AM
Yeah, that made me really hate Gruden for awhile, but all was forgiven when he skull****ed the raiders in the Superbowl.
Posted via Mobile Device

It must suck to always be rooting for a team other than your own in the Superbowl.

WilliamTheIrish
11-06-2010, 08:08 AM
It must suck to always be rooting for a team other than your own in the Superbowl.

I can assure you it does.

R8RFAN
11-06-2010, 08:09 AM
I can assure you it does.

Rep for being an honest fan:clap:

DJJasonp
11-06-2010, 08:10 AM

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-presents/09000d5d81be3695/NFL-Films-Presents-Silence-is-golden

funny how he paid us back though by knocking out Denver....and sending us to Indy in the most improbable last-day of the season ever!

MTG#10
11-06-2010, 08:13 AM
Unfortunately my most memorable game was the mud bowl in the early '00's. It had no meaning for either team IIRC we were already eliminated and they already had a first round bye but for some reason that game always sticks out in my mind. :(

WilliamTheIrish
11-06-2010, 08:18 AM
Rep for being an honest fan:clap:

And to be even more honest, I don't even cheer for one team or another in the SB, save for the Bucs/Raiders game.

I've seen KC in a SB and I remember the game like it was yesterday. But I want this franchise to get there, and WIN it, again.

R8RFAN
11-06-2010, 08:22 AM
And to be even more honest, I don't even cheer for one team or another in the SB, save for the Bucs/Raiders game.

I've seen KC in a SB and I remember the game like it was yesterday. But I want this franchise to get there, and WIN it, again.

Man you guys sure had your chances, some of those teams you guys had was incredible.....

It's not like you have been a Detriot Lions in the NFL, yall had some very dominant teams

Marcellus
11-06-2010, 08:27 AM
I have 2. The MNF Rison TD catch game and the 1999 4 KO out of bounds game.

I was almost as pissed after that game as I was the 95' & 97' playoff losses since in effect it was a playoff game.

WilliamTheIrish
11-06-2010, 08:32 AM
Man you guys sure had your chances, some of those teams you guys had was incredible.....

It's not like you have been a Detriot Lions in the NFL, yall had some very dominant teams

They were good teams. At home. Except in January when it counted. None of those teams except for the squad QB'd by Joe was ever going to win in January on the road.

CoMoChief
11-06-2010, 08:35 AM

man i was jumping up and down when Nedney kicked that SF game winner against DEN, putting the Chiefs in the 06 playoffs.

Rausch
11-06-2010, 08:46 AM
DT's 4 sacks and "Called Safety."

Goldmember
11-06-2010, 08:52 AM
It was a Monday night back in 1997 and BIG_DADDY is sitting in a bar filled with Raiders fans where he was the only Chiefs fan. It was the last play of the game and Chiefs final chance. Elvis Grbac drops back and BIG_DADDY yells, "there's a bad moon, there's a BAD MOON" Elvis throws a 32 yard pass to Rison in the corner of the end zone for the game winner with 3 seconds left on the clock as BIG_DADDY goes "THERE'S A BAD MOON RISON!!!!" I go nuts and everyone els is cussing like hell and at that point. I was just glad to be there with my Raiders fan friend who was truly a bad ass. Gotta lot of dirty looks and **** you's though.

I was at the Oakland Coliseum for that game. The crowd was going nuts screaming and then....silence....except for this one Chiefs fan in the section who jumped up and yelled. I turned around and never saw so many mean faces staring back at me....it was a beautiful thing man

MTG#10
11-06-2010, 08:54 AM

Yeah but horrible luck. The kicker that shall not be named ruined what would have been an almost sure superbowl appearance.

Sully
11-06-2010, 09:07 AM
1990 i think. november game. freezing rain at half time.
deron cherry sticks it to bo jackson and forced a fumble and f@cked up bo's hip.
chiefs win 9 to 7
sec

Great play.
But it wasn't the play where Bo fucked up his hip.
That was against the Bengals.

CaliforniaChief
11-06-2010, 09:09 AM
My best memory was the MNF Grbac to Rison win.

But the LJ 1 yard TD at the end was pretty epic as well.

Losing the OT game was memorable but I've received counseling now.

Sully
11-06-2010, 09:12 AM
My four have been mentioned...
Grbac to Brock Middlebrooks
Hasty off the ref pick
LJ score to win
And the 9-7 playoff win... My first game as a ST holder.

|Zach|
11-06-2010, 09:30 AM
I would have to go with Grbac to Rison. I remember watching it with my cousin and just flipping shit. That was nuts.

gblowfish
11-06-2010, 09:35 AM
That's football pron.

Both those guys are dead now.

Makes me feel ooooooold.

Zebedee DuBois
11-06-2010, 09:43 AM
It was Bob Golic that he drew offsides with the hard count. Then NBC showed Golic crying through his facemask after the third penalty. 1992 I think. In Oakland.

Todd McNair sealed the win by taking a handoff that was supposed to go up the middle, with 8 in the box, (Martyball) and bounced outside for a 1st down.

Game over.

Thanks for the memory help. I thought (but couldn't be sure) that it was a win, and that those tears were tasty.

leviw
11-06-2010, 10:19 AM
So, '95 was the year of "Amen Corner"?

William White actually insisted they call it "Hallelujah Corner," because "Amen Corner" is reserved for a portion of Augusta National golf course.

But yes, 1995: Hasty's pick 6, Mark Collins fumble return in OT against the Oilers and Vanover's PR against SD all ended there.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-06-2010, 10:24 AM
William White actually insisted they call it "Hallelujah Corner," because "Amen Corner" is reserved for a portion of Augusta National golf course.

But yes, 1995: Hasty's pick 6, Mark Collins fumble return in OT against the Oilers and Vanover's PR against SD all ended there.

Mark Collins fumble return was with like 20 seconds left in regulation. The Oilers were leading and trying to run out the clock. Todd McNair had two hands on the ball and still fumbled it. What a fun year lol.

Ming the Merciless
11-06-2010, 10:39 AM
I live about 90 minutes from Oakland so I see more Kc-Radier games IN Oakland than in KC...

I saw Marcus Allen rip the hearts out of Raider's fans one time. I think he rushed for about 130 yards or so that day....It was sick...

I was also at the game where Gonzo ran over a camera man and SAVED his LIFE. The cameraman took such a hard shot from Gonzo that he had to go get an MRI.....Turns out the guy had some kind of tumor.....Wouldve never known until it was much worse had Gonzo not ran his ass over that day.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-06-2010, 10:40 AM
I live about 90 minutes from Oakland so I see more Kc-Radier games IN Oakland than in KC...

I saw Marcus Allen rip the hearts out of Raider's fans one time. I think he rushed for about 130 yards or so that day....It was sick...

I was also at the game where Gonzo ran over a camera man and SAVED his LIFE. The cameraman took such a hard shot from Gonzo that he had to go get an MRI.....Turns out the guy had some kind of tumor.....Wouldve never known until it was much worse had Gonzo not ran his ass over that day.

That game with the cameraman was at San Diego, not Oakland.

Ming the Merciless
11-06-2010, 10:51 AM
That game with the cameraman was at San Diego, not Oakland.

ahh thats right

Ming the Merciless
11-06-2010, 10:55 AM
Another time (**** I wish I had a better memory for shit or I would put a link to the game)

I went to an Oakland - Kc Game (in Oak) and it was raining like a mother****er. It was probably raining more than any other sporting event I have ever been to...I smuggled in a HUGE bottle of Ocean Spray Cranberry juice (one of the big jugs) like 2/3rds filled with vodka and 1/3rd cranberry.

I would say by the end of the game with the Raiders losing (at least I *think* they lost but my memory sucks) and the rain being so heavy that most people had left and gone home, probably only 20% or so stayed till the end. I was yelling and screaming, soaking wet and I got the entire section around me drunk on "chiefs juice."

At first they all resisted, because I told them it would taint them with love for the Chiefs...But being cold and rainy..one-by-one they succumbed and were tempted into drinking the BRIGHT RED elixir.

By the end of the game, with eveyone soaked to the bone wet and drunk all around me, I had people asking me to please come back for the next Chiefs game! If you looked around the stadium most sections were empty, except the one with the 'Chiefs Juice.'

It was pretty fun.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-06-2010, 10:57 AM
ahh thats right

If it was at Oakland, while the cameraman was down on the field the fans would've charged the field and started kicking the guy, stealing his clothes, camera, wallet. They would've had to call the National Guard.

Ming the Merciless
11-06-2010, 11:08 AM
Sorry I can't pick just one game but...I have to tell one more little story.

I live in California, and have been a Chiefs fan all my life, because of my dad being from back near KC. Anyhow, so most of my experiences early on (before the internet, before direct TV etc..) were from watching the Chiefs play the California teams.

All of the games I ever went to were AWAY games for the Chiefs.....

That was until my 1st game at Arrowhead.....And there was just something magical about it. It was a loss (to the New England Patriots) but just going there and being in the Sea of Red and screaming my lungs out was awesome. I took a friend of mine who is a Coybows fan, and he was blown away. I have been to some Cowboys games with him in the old stadium in big D and there were literally about 20-25% fans of the other team, each time we went. For him to sea 99.999999% people in red and just the fanatics was really fun.

Rausch
11-06-2010, 11:11 AM
THIS FUCKING GAME!

THIS GAME!

This game is the game that pulls hair back and then thrusts angry boot into rectum!1!

Ming the Merciless
11-06-2010, 11:11 AM
If it was at Oakland, while the cameraman was down on the field the fans would've charged the field and started kicking the guy, stealing his clothes, camera, wallet. They would've had to call the National Guard.

ROFL

Dude that is so true.....

This is no ****ing joke but once I went to a game in Oakland and a girl got RAPED in the parking lot. I have been pelted by hot dogs, beers, batteries.........anything that can be thrown...

Once I had this girl buy me seats about 5-6 rows back from the Chiefs sidelines...which was (or maybe still is , I'm not sure) on these temporary bleachers they rolled onto the field..So you actually had to go down onto the field then climb up the bleachers...Anyhow I was really close to the Chiefs staff and players...And there was a non-stop barrage of junk being thrown at them the entire game....it was crazy.I actually felt bad for them...

alnorth
11-06-2010, 11:14 AM
Grbac to Rison, easily.

HIChief
11-06-2010, 11:14 AM
I cant decide on the James Hasty Pick 6 in OT or Grbac to Rison on MNF in the last seconds.

How about you?

Andre Rison's "Spiderman" game-winning catch in the final seconds on MNF. It doesn't get much better than that!

Chiefs Pantalones
11-06-2010, 11:16 AM
Andre Rison's "Spiderman" game-winning catch in the final seconds on MNF. It doesn't get much better than that!

Yeah I'd have to lean to that one. It was on the road so it was much sweeter.

Rausch
11-06-2010, 11:21 AM
Grbac to Rison, easily.

Really?

By far a more nail biter game, granted, but the game DT just fucking OWNED Jeff George, railed up 4 sacks, and DURING THE COURSE OF THE GAME THE LT was completely exposed,AND George asked if DT could "take it easy on them."

In that one game their stud D lineman begged to join our team.

Ming the Merciless
11-06-2010, 11:22 AM
What about the one where Tamarick Vanover (i think) returned a kickoff /punt either really late in the game..or in OT..and when the interviewer asked him how he felt he said "JOY."

I cant remember exactly who / what game but I will always remember the word JOY and it was just such an honest answer.

I wish I could see a clip of that and him getting interviewed at the end.

Rausch
11-06-2010, 11:24 AM
Grbac to Rison, easily.

Really?

By far a more nail biter game, granted, but the game DT just ****ing OWNED Jeff George, railed up 4 sacks, and DURING THE COURSE OF THE GAME their LT was completely exposed,AND George asked if DT could "take it easy on them."

In that one game their stud D lineman begged to join our team.

It wasn't just an embarrassing win, it ****ing shut down Pac-Man in over 48 states...

pikesome
11-06-2010, 11:38 AM
Was it 06 when niether team could stop the other. So we get a late td and can kick the xp for the overtime or go for the win with the 2 pt conversion. Larry Johnson dives over the pile for the win.

That's my most memorable game. I took my dad, brother and oldest son. Except for my dad it was our first game in Arrowhead and we sat in the first row of the top in that end zone. Larry scored right in front of us. My father passed away the next year.

For sentimental reasons I don't think that could be topped.

R8RFAN
11-06-2010, 11:41 AM
I also remember like 2003 in the hard rain in Oakland, I think Zack Crockett work you guys over good

Rausch
11-06-2010, 11:45 AM
I also remember like 2003 in the hard rain in Oakland, I think Zack Crockett work you guys over good

Yeah!

Were you the guy in the crowd with teh herpes?

Chiefs Pantalones
11-06-2010, 11:49 AM

In 2003 we swept you. And in Oakland we ended Rich Gannon's career with a nice hit by Barber.

teedubya
11-06-2010, 11:55 AM
Playoff game 1991. The First playoff game EVER at Arrowhead.

We camped out to get tickets... tailgated... big time bbq...

and we won like 10-6 or something like that.

R8RFAN
11-06-2010, 11:57 AM
Yeah!

Were you the guy in the crowd with teh herpes?

That was your sister in drag

R8RFAN
11-06-2010, 11:57 AM
In 2003 we swept you. And in Oakland we ended Rich Gannon's career with a nice hit by Barber.
2004?

HIChief
11-06-2010, 11:59 AM
Another time (**** I wish I had a better memory for shit or I would put a link to the game)

I went to an Oakland - Kc Game (in Oak) and it was raining like a mother****er. It was probably raining more than any other sporting event I have ever been to...I smuggled in a HUGE bottle of Ocean Spray Cranberry juice (one of the big jugs) like 2/3rds filled with vodka and 1/3rd cranberry.

I would say by the end of the game with the Raiders losing (at least I *think* they lost but my memory sucks) and the rain being so heavy that most people had left and gone home, probably only 20% or so stayed till the end. I was yelling and screaming, soaking wet and I got the entire section around me drunk on "chiefs juice."

At first they all resisted, because I told them it would taint them with love for the Chiefs...But being cold and rainy..one-by-one they succumbed and were tempted into drinking the BRIGHT RED elixir.

By the end of the game, with eveyone soaked to the bone wet and drunk all around me, I had people asking me to please come back for the next Chiefs game! If you looked around the stadium most sections were empty, except the one with the 'Chiefs Juice.'

It was pretty fun.

What an awesome story!

PRIEST
11-06-2010, 12:06 PM
Probably the Grbac to Rison win in '97.

The 30-0 win in Arrowhead that same yr was fun, too.

THIS

Mojo Jojo
11-06-2010, 12:12 PM
Playoff game 1991. The First playoff game EVER at Arrowhead.

We camped out to get tickets... tailgated... big time bbq...

and we won like 10-6 or something like that.

Fred Jones with the TD catch in the back of the end zone, and the refs ruled he was pushed out of bounds so the catch counted.
Also, the same game DT pulled himself out of the game in the 1st Qtr. because he didn't feel well.

Chiefspants
11-06-2010, 12:14 PM
This one was memorable.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QUlwFSFVUG0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QUlwFSFVUG0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I was seven when I watched this game, it was the second year that I was a chiefs fan, and I vaguely remember crying my eyes out when they lost that game.

KChiefs1
11-06-2010, 12:14 PM
The 30-0 game at Arrowhead in 1990 was easily the most dominating win I've seen against any football team.

Destroyed them.

WilliamTheIrish
11-06-2010, 12:18 PM
Fred Jones with the TD catch in the back of the end zone, and the refs ruled he was pushed out of bounds so the catch counted.
Also, the same game DT pulled himself out of the game in the 1st Qtr. because he didn't feel well.

You have a great memory. I forgot about the EZ catch by Freddy and the call the zeeb's made for the TD.

WilliamTheIrish
11-06-2010, 12:23 PM
Great play.
But it wasn't the play where Bo ****ed up his hip.
That was against the Bengals.

Yup. Playoff game in Oakland. The only time I ever saw somebody catch Bo from behind, even with the angle.

Anybody remember the name of the guy who caught him?

TrickyNicky
11-06-2010, 12:24 PM
2004?

You're thinking of 2002. Priest was out with a hip, it was indeed rainy, and we were shut out.

Sully
11-06-2010, 12:39 PM
Yup. Playoff game in Oakland. The only time I ever saw somebody catch Bo from behind, even with the angle.

Was it Fulcher?

Sully
11-06-2010, 12:42 PM

Just looked it up.
David Walker, LB.
Surprised I don't remember that. I was a huge Bo fan.

teedubya
11-06-2010, 12:43 PM

I enjoyed watching the 1987-1990 Raiders with Bo Jackson... and I always kind of liked Marcus Allen. I was pretty stoked when he became a Chief.

teedubya
11-06-2010, 12:44 PM
Just looked it up.
David Walker, LB.
Surprised I don't remember that. I was a huge Bo fan.

That was a confusing time... because KC had a HUGE love of Bo Jackson with the Royals... then he goes to fucking LA Raiders. What a clusterfuck.

He got the karma though.

Sully
11-06-2010, 12:48 PM
He actually injured his own hip, as Walker was holding his leg and Bo pulled so hard he pulled it out.
...then he popped it back in, which doctors said was impossible.

WilliamTheIrish
11-06-2010, 12:49 PM
That freezing rain game in 91 where Cherry put his helmet on the ball, KY-102 sponsored a poster contest in which my close friends took 2nd. They had the poster with Bo's face on a jack-ass.

It was hilarious.

WilliamTheIrish
11-06-2010, 12:53 PM
He actually injured his own hip, as Walker was holding his leg and Bo pulled so hard he pulled it out.
...then he popped it back in, which doctors said was impossible.

That's a nice legend. But probably not true. If he were truly dislocated, he wouldn't have been able to "pop it back in". I think the closer to the truth is he twisted, it dislocated partially (still painful as all f), and when he hit the ground it the jolt pushed the femoral head back into the acetabulum.

As it was Bo's femoral artery was pinched, causing a loss of blood flow (AVN). Worst injury ever.

Sully
11-06-2010, 12:58 PM
That's a nice legend. But probably not true. If he were truly dislocated, he wouldn't have been able to "pop it back in". I think the closer to the truth is he twisted, it dislocated partially (still painful as all f), and when he hit the ground it the jolt pushed the femoral head back into the acetabulum.

As it was Bo's femoral artery was pinched, causing a loss of blood flow (AVN). Worst injury ever.

Yeah.
Actually caused a fight between my best friend and I. He knew what a huge Bo fan I was, and started ribbing me the next day at school, and I was already pissed as hell... And I punched him in the face.
Weird the things we fight over...

kcxiv
11-06-2010, 03:45 PM
Think it was 98. I was in the stadium when Grbac hit Rison in the endzone at the end of the game to win it. I swear i never heard such a quiet stadium, not evne in baseball. What was great is EVERYONE heard me yelling my ass off, because i was one of 6 Chiefs fans there that day. lol

Pioli Zombie
11-06-2010, 03:54 PM
For anyone old enough to remember how could it not be the 1969 AFL title game at Oakland?

BigMeatballDave
11-06-2010, 04:00 PM
Think it was 98. I was in the stadium when Grbac hit Rison in the endzone at the end of the game to win it. I swear i never heard such a quiet stadium, not evne in baseball. What was great is EVERYONE heard me yelling my ass off, because i was one of 6 Chiefs fans there that day. lol97

Championship
11-06-2010, 04:01 PM
My favorite Raider Chief game was last year when the incredible JaMarcus Russell completed just seven passes during the ENTIRE game....

And the Raiders still won ROFL

Chiefspants
11-06-2010, 04:03 PM
My favorite Raider Chief game was last year when the incredible JaMarcus Russell completed just seven passes during the ENTIRE game....

And the Raiders still won ROFL

You must be proud, because your raiders sure did beat a high powered chiefs team last year.

BigMeatballDave
11-06-2010, 04:04 PM
The 30-0 game at Arrowhead in 1990 was easily the most dominating win I've seen against any football team.

Destroyed them.1997

Championship
11-06-2010, 04:05 PM
You must be proud, because your raiders sure did beat a high powered chiefs team last year.

You could say the same thing when we beat you guys tomorrow

Raiderhater
11-06-2010, 04:09 PM
The Hasty pick 6 game is the one that always sticks out in my mind. I think Marty giving him that smooch afterwords is what permantly pressed that game in the forefront of my memory.

The ONLY time I miss ol' Schotty is during raider week. He hated the c*ck gobblers as much as the fans.

BigMeatballDave
11-06-2010, 04:13 PM
Anyone wanna guess what the longest win streak is between them, and when?

No cheating. I already know the answer.

Raiderhater
11-06-2010, 04:17 PM
Anyone wanna guess what the longest win streak is between them, and when?

No cheating. I already know the answer.

Isn't something like 8 or 9 games during the 90s in the Chiefs' favor?

BigMeatballDave
11-06-2010, 04:21 PM
Isn't something like 8 or 9 games during the 90s in the Chiefs' favor?Yep. 9 games. 2003-2007