PDA

View Full Version : Football Randy Moss and Josh McDaniels

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-05-2010, 11:04 AM
Interesting ! The writings on the wall for McDaniels.

Vikings | Randy Moss told owner to fire Brad Childress
Fri, 05 Nov 2010 07:13:01 -0700

Tennessee Titans WR Randy Moss, formerly of the Minnesota Vikings, told owner Zygi Wilf following the team's Week 8 game that head coach Brad Childress was not a good head coach and should be fired, according to a league source, report Judd Zulgad and Chip Scoggins, of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune. Wilf arrived at the team's facility Wednesday, Nov. 3, and has been meeting with staff members and players to discuss a variety of issues surrounding the struggling team, including Childress.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Broncos | Josh McDaniels not guaranteed to return next season
Fri, 05 Nov 2010 07:03:10 -0700

Denver Broncos COO Joe Ellis said the organization remains confident head coach Josh McDaniels can turn the team around, but he stopped short of saying he would return next season, according to Mike Klis, of The Denver Post. "We've had a culture of winning here under Pat Bowlen for 27 years," Ellis said. "When that started to slide (under Mike Shanahan) there were expectations that when we brought in the new head coach that would change immediately. When that didn't happen as fast as our fans wanted it to - we all wanted it to happen quickly - there was a lot of angst among our fans.Then you take into account the start we've had this year, with the type of loss we had with the Oakland game at home, and the fans' emotions and feelings are understandably raw in terms of their anger and disappointment. Pat understands that. Josh understands that."

LaChapelle
11-05-2010, 11:07 AM
The Chiefs need to win sunday and then lay down in Denver
Crown Tebow the MVP of their Super Bowl
and McDaniels gets to stay -take one for the AFC West

L.A. Chieffan
11-05-2010, 11:09 AM
Josh mcd 4 more years. Norv too

Amnorix
11-05-2010, 11:18 AM
Josh mcd 4 more years. Norv too

Norv Turner. That guy has possibly done less with more than any HC in NFL history.

LaChapelle
11-05-2010, 11:21 AM
And we love him for it!

Mile High Mania
11-05-2010, 11:28 AM
I'm not sure they have the stones to fire him after 2 seasons, but I'd love to be surprised.

Quesadilla Joe
11-05-2010, 11:30 AM
McDaniels won't be fired. Pat Bowlen is smart enough to understand that the Broncos are going through the worst injury bug in NFL History.

teedubya
11-05-2010, 11:32 AM
I feel like MU fan must feel while watching the KU decline.

Seeing Denver suck ass is hilarious and pathetic. Much like the KU Black Jesus Football team.

ReynardMuldrake
11-05-2010, 11:33 AM
I thought they were still paying for Shanahan?

teedubya
11-05-2010, 11:34 AM
McDaniels won't be fired. Pat Bowlen is smart enough to understand that the Broncos are going through the worst injury bug in NFL History.

That could be contributed to poor strength, conditioning, training and fitness.

The Chiefs have a great fitness/training program and very few injuries.

LaChapelle
11-05-2010, 11:34 AM
I just claimed to be KnowMo and Championship
then KnowMo shows up and ruins my party :cuss:

Quesadilla Joe
11-05-2010, 11:39 AM
That could be contributed to poor strength, conditioning, training and fitness.

The Chiefs have a great fitness/training program and very few injuries.

I would agree with that if Denver wasn't one of the healthiest teams in the league last year. The only significant injuries we had last year was a season ending injury to Ryan Harris in like week 10 but other than that we were pretty healthy.

This year Clady got hurt playing basketball, Dumervil got hurt during a routine blocking drill, Moreno hurt his hamstring during post practice sprints.... They are all just fluke injuries.

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-05-2010, 11:39 AM

ROFL It would be awesome if you're right ! Rep

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-05-2010, 11:42 AM
I would agree with that if Denver wasn't one of the healthiest teams in the league last year. The only significant injuries we had last year was a season ending injury to Ryan Harris in like week 10 but other than that we were pretty healthy.

This year Clady got hurt playing basketball, Dumervil got hurt during a routine blocking drill, Moreno hurt his hamstring during post practice sprints.... They are all just fluke injuries.

You guys were pretty healthy last year when Charles set a Chiefs franchise record for rushing yards in one game while we pounded you in your own house.

Mr. Plow
11-05-2010, 11:42 AM

Like clockwork.

Mile High Mania
11-05-2010, 11:43 AM

What?

Mile High Mania
11-05-2010, 11:44 AM

Seriously... stop typing. That is the worst in history?

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-05-2010, 11:46 AM

ROFL

Fansy the Famous Bard
11-05-2010, 11:50 AM
"Worst injury bug in NFL history"

"Will be the best coach in the history of the NFL"

"The Best Left Tackle ever"

"The best Pass rusher in the History of the NFL"

He has a flare for the dramatics, no?

Garcia Bronco
11-05-2010, 12:12 PM
Like clockwork.

He's right though. We've had a number of injuries that just can't be over come with depth. Since there won't be a season next year, I think it would be stupid to fire the coach.

And I don't care who the coach is. I don't care who the players are. I just want the team to win.

Quesadilla Joe
11-05-2010, 12:14 PM

Buck, Knowshon, LenDale White, Clady, Harris, Kuper, Dawkins, Dumervil, Goodman, McBath, DT, Decker, Vickerson, Ayers, Cox, Renaldo Hill, Woodyard, Darrell Reid, Spencer Larsen have all been hurt and all of them but Clady have missed games. Injuries to 19 key contributors (most of them starters) is a big deal.

ReynardMuldrake
11-05-2010, 12:15 PM
He's right though. We've had a number of injuries that just can't be over come with depth. Since there won't be a season next year, I think it would be stupid to fire the coach.

And I don't care who the coach is. I don't care who the players are. I just want the team to win.

IT'S THE WORST INJURY BUG IN NFL HISTORY! EVERYBODY RUN IN CIRCLES, THE SKY IS FALLING!!

Lurk
11-05-2010, 12:17 PM

Bullshit. If Bowlen doesn't move against McD it won't be because of anything other than $$.

Explain to me how McD has made the Broncos of today any better than they were when Shanahan was fired. McD is a tool who deserves to be fired. 4-14 in the last 18 games deserves to put your ass on the hotseat. And looking at the schedule Denver will be fortunate to win 2 of the remaining 8 games.

teedubya
11-05-2010, 12:21 PM
OHHH NOES!!! I see the injury bug already got to KnowMo's brain.

IT's toooo late to save him, but there's still time to save YOURSELVES!!!!11

Mr. Laz
11-05-2010, 12:24 PM
McDaniels won't be fired. Pat Bowlen is smart enough to understand that the Broncos don't want to be paying 3 head coaches at the same time.

FYP

shannarat
McD
???

ROFL

Mile High Mania
11-05-2010, 12:30 PM
Bullshit. If Bowlen doesn't move against McD it won't be because of anything other than $$.

Explain to me how McD has made the Broncos of today any better than they were when Shanahan was fired. McD is a tool who deserves to be fired. 4-14 in the last 18 games deserves to put your ass on the hotseat. And looking at the schedule Denver will be fortunate to win 2 of the remaining 8 games.

McDaniels took over an 8-8 team that was beat up on defense, with an offense that could put up lots of good stats and yards, but had issues in the endzone.

Two years and several trades later, McDaniels has a 2-6 team that is beat up on defense, with an offense that can put up lots of good stats and yards, but has issues finding the endzone.

Josh has transformed a team that was 15-17 in Shanahan's final two seasons into a team that is 10-16 in his first 26 games. Josh still has a chance to improve on that 15-17 record though... if he does, he can point to that... I guess.

Hammock Parties
11-05-2010, 12:31 PM
"We've had a culture of winning here under Pat Bowlen for 27 years," Ellis said. "When that started to slide (under Mike Shanahan) there were expectations that when we brought in the new head coach that would change immediately.

Wow, what a load of shit!

They didn't start to slide under Mike Shanahan. They were the same old team they always were post-Elway - mediocre as fuck.

This slide into hell is 100% McDaniels.

Gotta love the Donks.

http://i52.tinypic.com/2dt23qd.jpg

Sofa King
11-05-2010, 12:39 PM
if you wanna see an injured team, check out the packers... at least their injured players don't suck.

RINGLEADER
11-05-2010, 12:40 PM
Norv Turner. That guy has possibly done less with more than any HC in NFL history.

He's cut from the same cloth as Dave Wannstedt and Wade Phillips. They get handed veteran Super Bowl-ready teams and over the course of a few years run them completely into the ground --

And amazingly, they get another shot 1-2 years later...

Mile High Mania
11-05-2010, 12:44 PM
Wow, what a load of shit!

They didn't start to slide under Mike Shanahan. They were the same old team they always were post-Elway - mediocre as ****.

This slide into hell is 100% McDaniels.

Gotta love the Donks.

Between 1999 and 2008, they had four seasons of 10+ wins... they finished 1st or 2nd in the division in 7 of those seasons with only two losing seasons. Hell, they even made it to the AFC Title game. Were they the Broncos of the 80s or 90s - no, but not many expected that to be the case.

Things started to slide in Shanahan's last two seasons, bad drafts and FA deals were taking their toll, but then he finally struck gold in the 2006 draft and McDaniels quickly sent the bulk of those guys packing.

Now, they're essentially a mirror image of what they were when Shanahan left... leaving guys like Bailey to shake their heads in disgust.

If you want to talk about "mediocre as ****" ... look at KC or Oakland during the post-Elway era.

noa
11-05-2010, 12:48 PM
if you wanna see an injured team, check out the packers... at least their injured players don't suck.

Exactly. I was just going to point that out. They lost 4 starters for the season (Finley, Barnett, Grant, and Morgan Burnett), and a couple more are out for the season, too.

Hammock Parties
11-05-2010, 12:58 PM
If you want to talk about"mediocre as ****" ... look at KC or Oakland during the post-Elway era.

Or just look at Denver.

1 division title
1 playoff win

9.1 wins per year

Three quarterbacks in 10 years.

Mediocre as hell.

Too bad they traded it for shitty as hell.

BigMeatballDave
11-05-2010, 01:03 PM
McDaniels won't be fired. Pat Bowlen is smart enough to understand that the Broncos are going through the worst injury bug in NFL History.LMAO Yeah, KnowMo is back!

BigMeatballDave
11-05-2010, 01:06 PM

And I don't care who the coach is. I don't care who the players are. I just want the team to win.There will be a 2011 season.

Bwana
11-05-2010, 01:10 PM

Sure

http://netrightdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Baghdad-Bob.jpg

Chief Faithful
11-05-2010, 01:13 PM

Chiefs had that problem during the Vermiel era when the team started aging and coming to camp out of shape.

Chief Faithful
11-05-2010, 01:15 PM

You realize the Broncos are performing this year about the same as they did the last 10 games of last season, don't you?

Valiant
11-05-2010, 01:16 PM
Between 1999 and 2008, they had four seasons of 10+ wins... they finished 1st or 2nd in the division in 7 of those seasons with only two losing seasons. Hell, they even made it to the AFC Title game. Were they the Broncos of the 80s or 90s - no, but not many expected that to be the case.

Things started to slide in Shanahan's last two seasons, bad drafts and FA deals were taking their toll, but then he finally struck gold in the 2006 draft and McDaniels quickly sent the bulk of those guys packing.

Now, they're essentially a mirror image of what they were when Shanahan left... leaving guys like Bailey to shake their heads in disgust.

If you want to talk about "mediocre as ****" ... look at KC or Oakland during the post-Elway era.

Think you are were rose colored glasses. Both teams have been medicore for a long while. Except fr their abberation 13-3 years. Difference is we dumped our herm. Hopefully you keep yours.

And for knomo... lol your fantasyworld must be interesting. Your team was garbage last year after its lucky start.

BIG_DADDY
11-05-2010, 01:19 PM
Sure

http://netrightdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Baghdad-Bob.jpg

Where did you get that picture of Frankie?

DaFace
11-05-2010, 01:26 PM
KnowMo sounds like my inner-homer at about this point in Herm's second season.

dirk digler
11-05-2010, 01:28 PM
Buck, Knowshon, LenDale White, Clady, Harris, Kuper, Dawkins, Dumervil, Goodman, McBath, DT, Decker, Vickerson, Ayers, Cox, Renaldo Hill, Woodyard, Darrell Reid, Spencer Larsen have all been hurt and all of them but Clady have missed games. Injuries to 19 key contributors (most of them starters) is a big deal.

It is not the worst the Pats hold that record. They had 42 different starters in 2003 on their way to the Super Bowl and in 2005 beat that mark with 45.

Quit making excuses

Mr. Plow
11-05-2010, 01:33 PM
It is not the worst the Pats hold that record. They had 42 different starters in 2003 on their way to the Super Bowl and in 2005 beat that mark with 45.

Quit making excuses

What do you expect? It's coming from "I Knowmo Excuses than you".

Baby Lee
11-05-2010, 01:42 PM
IT'S THE WORST INJURY BUG IN NFL HISTORY! EVERYBODY RUN IN CIRCLES, THE SKY IS FALLING!!

Rapin' yo HUH-bans!!!

The Bad Guy
11-05-2010, 03:28 PM

It says your strength and conditioning program, much like your team, is shitty.

Yes, LenDale is a key contributor. Harris doesn't even start you flaming pile of shit.

Half of that list aren't on 95% of the rosters in the NFL.

You keep moving the goalposts when it suits you.

TEX
11-05-2010, 03:52 PM
McDaniel's in in way over his head. He was and remains nowhere near ready to be an NFL HC. However, I hope he stays in Denver. As long as he's there the Donx will suck.

TEX
11-05-2010, 03:54 PM

Well they sure are terrible now...

Bane
11-05-2010, 04:11 PM
Worst injury bug in NFL history eh?Sounds to me like its more a long the lines of the Donks being the worst conditioned team in NFL history.Also a direct reflection of McDraftBust being the most overrated/unqualified HC in NFL history.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dave Lane
11-05-2010, 04:15 PM
KnowMo sounds like my inner-homer at about this point in Herm's second season.

I didn't even make it to the second preseason game with Herm. I know a dumb ass when I see one and I was looking at one each Sunday on my TV.

Dave Lane
11-05-2010, 04:17 PM
I wonder where herm ranks as dumb ass coach of all time. The dudes got to be top ten if not GOAT.

NaptownChief
11-05-2010, 04:34 PM
I wonder where herm ranks as dumb ass coach of all time. The dudes got to be top ten if not GOAT.

He is certainly in the running. Only positive thing he ever contributed to society as a coach was the non-stop used phrase "you play to win the game". At least he gave us that. ROFL

BossChief
11-05-2010, 06:54 PM
Not to try and be the guy that defends Herm or anything, but he probably wouldnt even be close.

He coached the Jets for 5 years and went to the playoffs in 3 of em. The only years he didnt make it were when they lost Pennington for the year. He even won 2 playoff games during that span and developed a bunch of drafted talent. All while being in the same division as the Patriots. He went on to us and we all know the rest...he inherited a terribly old team and didnt have what it takes to draft and develop a team basically from scratch (After losing Trent Green in his first game in KC and lost Roaf the night before training camp) and couldnt make game day coaching decisions to save his life and only made the playoffs in 1 of his 3 years here as HC.

All in all, a coach that makes the playoffs in 4 out of 8 years and wins 2 playoff games once there (and it is arguable he would have had his team in the AFC Championship game if it weren't for a the kicker that shall go unnamedesque performance from his kicker that one year in NY) isnt really in the talk of "dumb ass coach of all time" its sad that there were many bigger dumbasses over time.

Josh McDaniels, for instance.

flame away

SenselessChiefsFan
11-05-2010, 07:25 PM

Let's hope so. Don't worry. I sent my letter of support.

SenselessChiefsFan
11-05-2010, 07:27 PM
Not to try and be the guy that defends Herm or anything, but he probably wouldnt even be close.

He coached the Jets for 5 years and went to the playoffs in 3 of em. The only years he didnt make it were when they lost Pennington for the year. He even won 2 playoff games during that span and developed a bunch of drafted talent. All while being in the same division as the Patriots. He went on to us and we all know the rest...he inherited a terribly old team and didnt have what it takes to draft and develop a team basically from scratch (After losing Trent Green in his first game in KC and lost Roaf the night before training camp) and couldnt make game day coaching decisions to save his life and only made the playoffs in 1 of his 3 years here as HC.

All in all, a coach that makes the playoffs in 4 out of 8 years and wins 2 playoff games once there (and it is arguable he would have had his team in the AFC Championship game if it weren't for a the kicker that shall go unnamedesque performance from his kicker that one year in NY) isnt really in the talk of "dumb ass coach of all time" its sad that there were many bigger dumbasses over time.

flame away

The reality is that all fans are myopic when it comes to their own team. Rarely is anyone as bad, or as good, as the perception in the town where the team is located.

ClevelandBronco
11-05-2010, 07:40 PM
...owner Zygi Wilf...

Really?

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-05-2010, 07:46 PM
Really?

McDaniels ! Really !

chiefzilla1501
11-05-2010, 08:07 PM

flame away

Rep. Wish you could've been there for me 2 years ago!