PDA

View Full Version : Football Jets institute body language fines for quarterback Mark Sanchez

Stinger
11-06-2010, 11:57 AM
UPDATED 6:50 p.m. Jets clarified the body-language fines are only in practice.

Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer made an important announcement today: Starting last week, the team began fining its franchise quarterback. For his body language.

Apparently, Mark Sanchez wanted to implement the system. Veteran back-up Mark Brunell collects the money. Sanchez incurs fines in practice, including today.

"Today, there was a play in practice when he screwed something up," Schottenheimer said. "He kind of looked like it was someone else's fault. That's a fine."

"It's fun stuff," he added. "He's a passionate guy that loves to play. We just stay on him about that

Part of Sanchez's growth in year two has been in the way he handles tough situations. This system helps keep that in check. Asked how much Sanchez would owe if it was in place his rookie season, Schottenheimer smiled.

"He'd be broke," Schottenheimer said. "As much money as he has, he'd be broke with all the body language he had last year."

Schottenheimer declined to reveal how much the fines are, quipping that it could be a "salary cap infraction." The Jets have been known to police their organization with good-natured fines -- like outside linebackers coach Jeff Weeks owing $5 for running with his shirt off, as shown in HBO's "Hard Knocks."

They don't have plans for how to use the money.

"Maybe he’ll take us all to dinner or something," Schottenheimer said. "We haven’t gotten that far."

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2010/11/jets_institute_body_language_f.html

Pablo
11-06-2010, 12:15 PM
Ah, Jesus Sanchez pouts a little bit too much. Cute.

They need to get Phillip Rivers to mentor this kid, ASAP.

Crush
11-06-2010, 12:17 PM
Brunell is broke. He needs to finance his cocaine and Brazilian model parties.
Posted via Mobile Device

pr_capone
11-06-2010, 12:41 PM
Ah, Jesus Sanchez pouts a little bit too much. Cute.

They need to get Phillip Rivers to mentor this kid, ASAP.

This was apparently Sanchez's idea... or at least that is what I got from.

Apparently, Mark Sanchez wanted to implement the system.

kstater
11-06-2010, 12:43 PM
Does he place more or less importance on this than the red/green/yellow card system?

Sully
11-06-2010, 12:55 PM
Is it just me, or is Rex Ryan the most overrated coach in NFL?
I can see this guy laughed out of his job in three years or less.

Bane
11-06-2010, 01:40 PM
I don't know about the most overrated,that has to be McDraftBust for me.Rex is one hell of a DC and that doesn't always translate into being a good HC.

KCUnited
11-06-2010, 02:01 PM
Token 'just can't treat a grown man...' post.

Bane
11-06-2010, 02:04 PM
Good thing Marty never did that shit with Grbac.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud
11-06-2010, 02:17 PM
Is it just me, or is Rex Ryan the most overrated coach in NFL?

All he's done is take a shit team to the AFC Championship game his rookie year as a coach, with a rookie QB that had previously started only 16 games in college and followed it up with a 5-2 record to start this season.

The guy is clearly overmatched.

:rolleyes:

GloryDayz
11-06-2010, 02:19 PM
Manning would be out of cash if he were a Jet...

Demonpenz
11-06-2010, 02:35 PM
All he's done is take a shit team to the AFC Championship game his rookie year as a coach, with a rookie QB that had previously started only 16 games in college and followed it up with a 5-2 record to start this season.

The guy is clearly overmatched.

:rolleyes:

with an OLD ass LT at RB

Pioli Zombie
11-06-2010, 03:40 PM
What's the fine when he shits his pants?