PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Clevelands Response to LeSoft's Nike Commercial

BIG_DADDY
11-06-2010, 02:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvgD9HNTMkM

Shogun
11-06-2010, 03:01 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NvgD9HNTMkM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NvgD9HNTMkM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

CaliforniaChief
11-06-2010, 03:04 PM
Clever, but Cleveland's gotta get over it and move on.

Chiefs Rool
Cleveland needs to stop the pity party and quit acting so butt hurt over Lebron leaving. He took the worst team ever to the NBA Finals and wasted 7 years of his career there surrounded by bums.

Get over it Cleveland. I hope Lebron gets 10 rings elsewhere

BigMeatballDave
LMAO

BIG_DADDY
11-06-2010, 03:05 PM
Cleveland needs to stop the pity party and quit acting so butt hurt over Lebron leaving. He took the worst team ever to the NBA Finals and wasted 7 years of his career there surrounded by bums.

Nice job of cutting and pasting somebody else's opinion off of youtube. ROFL

BIG_DADDY
11-06-2010, 03:06 PM

What should you do, you should post your own opinion. ROFL

BigMeatballDave
11-06-2010, 03:09 PM
:rolleyes:Cleveland needs to stop the pity party and quit acting so butt hurt over Lebron leaving. He took the worst team ever to the NBA Finals and wasted 7 years of his career there surrounded by bums.

Get over it Cleveland. I hope Lebron gets 10 rings elsewherePlease. If your favorite player of your favorite team was the kind of figure that James was in Cleveland and said all the things he said, as far as committing to stay to win a championship, you would be butthurt as well. That said, I dont really care. I'm not really a fan of the NBA.

Buck
11-06-2010, 03:10 PM
I hope he ends with 0 rings.

Fritz88
11-06-2010, 03:14 PM

ROFLROFL

MIAdragon
11-06-2010, 03:14 PM
Jfc this is as bad as the Farve BS, someone kill it with fire pls.

BIG_DADDY
11-06-2010, 03:40 PM

I agree, I don't blame him for wanting to get out of that shithole but doing the whole Miami thing with Wade and Bosh and the way he went about it is all BS. They already have two losses, AWESOME!!!

Chiefs Rool
11-06-2010, 05:22 PM

right, but I completely agreed. I would have said the same thing :D

chiefzilla1501
11-06-2010, 05:26 PM

Give me a fucking break.

Nobody is butthurt about Lebron leaving. The fact that he put on a 3-month fucking self-promotional circus and cut the cord in the most selfish way, even though he knew his decision months ago, is fucking ridiculous.

The fact that people are trying to let this slide is even more ridiculous. If Priest Holmes waited until the last day of free agency and then out of the blue, created a 1-hour special to tell the entire world (before he told his teammates, coaches, or fans) that he was leaving KC to take his talents to KC, we would be throwing this guy in the river.

The guy is a douche bag. No matter how you feel about Cleveland, the guy is the biggest scumbag in the history of sports.

Buck
11-06-2010, 05:28 PM
Give me a fucking break.

Nobody is butthurt about Lebron leaving. The fact that he put on a 3-month fucking self-promotional circus and cut the cord in the most selfish way, even though he knew his decision months ago, is fucking ridiculous.

The fact that people are trying to let this slide is even more ridiculous. If Priest Holmes waited until the last day of free agency and then out of the blue, created a 1-hour special to tell the entire world (before he told his teammates, coaches, or fans) that he was leaving KC to take his talents to KC, we would be throwing this guy in the river.

The guy is a douche bag. No matter how you feel about Cleveland, the guy is the biggest scumbag in the history of sports.

No shit. If he would have told Cleveland a month or two in advance of when he did, then they could have prepared and brought in other guys, rather than holding $100 million+ of empty payroll just in case he came back.

BigMeatballDave
11-06-2010, 05:32 PM
No shit. If he would have told Cleveland a month or two in advance of when he did, then they could have prepared and brought in other guys, rather than holding $100 million+ of empty payroll just in case he came back.Thats the fucked up part. The Cavs waited on him to make a decision so they could move forward on any personnel changes.

THE most selfish thing ANY professional athlete has ever done. Ever. And its not even close.

-King-
11-06-2010, 05:35 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-xoLB1d47O0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-xoLB1d47O0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

RNR
11-06-2010, 05:59 PM
I agree, I don't blame him for wanting to get out of that shithole but doing the whole Miami thing with Wade and Bosh and the way he went about it is all BS. They already have two losses, AWESOME!!!

I never dreamed I could ever pull for the Lakers...if it comes down to them and the Heat...uh...well...go Lakers~

Luke
11-06-2010, 05:59 PM
Lebron= Clevelands Larry Johnson?

BWillie
11-06-2010, 06:07 PM
Give it a rest Cleveland. I understand Lebron James was the only thing propping up your economy from going into the dark ages like Detroit, but stop being a bunch of pansies.

BWillie
11-06-2010, 06:08 PM
Lebron= Clevelands Larry Johnson?

Except doesn't be a bad teammate, assault women, commit crime, and give to the needy. Other than that, yeah you nailed it on the head.

tk13
11-06-2010, 06:09 PM
It's easy to say Cleveland give it up. But if George Brett or Derrick Thomas had done that to us, we'd probably still be talking about it. There are people who still don't forgive Neil Smith for what he did. Not to mention Cleveland is probably one of the few cities that's actually more tortured than KC.

Sully
11-06-2010, 06:38 PM
the guy is the biggest scumbag in the history of sports.
Rae Carruth, OJ Simpson, Pete Rose, the Baylor Basketball program, Leonard Little and Nate Newton's car trunk agree!!!

Bane
11-06-2010, 06:42 PM
Rae Carruth, OJ Simpson, Pete Rose, the Baylor Basketball program, Leonard Little and Nate Newton's car trunk agree!!!

ROFL Awesome!

penchief
11-06-2010, 08:20 PM
Give it a rest Cleveland. I understand Lebron James was the only thing propping up your economy from going into the dark ages like Detroit, but stop being a bunch of pansies.

Lebron is the one who needs to let it go. Cleveland responded to that lame-ass Nike commercial which was basically a shot at Lebron's critics.

Playing the victim card, as well as the race card, isn't the way to prove your critics wrong or win hearts and minds. Those things have only reinforced the perception that Lebron is immature and self-absorbed. The Nike commercial only provoked his critics further and dredged up the original criticims, IMO.

I used to really like Lebron. But the way he conducted himself during that entire episode was disingenous and a huge turn-off. He brought all that criticism on himself and deserved every bit of it, IMO.

Gadzooks
11-06-2010, 08:22 PM
No shit. If he would have told Cleveland a month or two in advance of when he did, then they could have prepared and brought in other guys, rather than holding $100 million+ of empty payroll just in case he came back.

Chris Bosh pulled the same shit on the Raptors, (albeit, to a lesser degree).

GloryDayz
11-06-2010, 08:30 PM
I think this has to do more with Nike trying to figure out how to deal with a focal point who has gone from "liked by everybody" (almost) to "one of the bigger A-holes on the planet".

alpha_omega
11-06-2010, 08:37 PM

Yep, I am in that camp also.

BigMeatballDave
11-06-2010, 08:44 PM
I think this has to do more with Nike trying to figure out how to deal with a focal point who has gone from "liked by everybody" (almost) to "one of the bigger A-holes on the planet".I havent thought about this, but its an interesting point.

Honestly, though, why would any Non-Heat fans side with James on this? Its a shitty thing to do to any fans. None of us should be dumping on Cleveland fans anyway. They are the few that have it worse than KC sports fans.

mesmith31
11-06-2010, 09:24 PM
I think this has to do more with Nike trying to figure out how to deal with a focal point who has gone from "liked by everybody" (almost) to "one of the bigger A-holes on the planet".

I liked this marketing campaign better the first time around...

Saul Good
11-06-2010, 09:28 PM

I guess. He went from my favorite player to my least favorite.

DBOSHO
11-06-2010, 09:38 PM
Im on the fence about this.

Lebron did make the cavs relevant again but he lied to the city and broke their hearts on natl tv.

GloryDayz
11-06-2010, 09:48 PM
I havent thought about this, but its an interesting point.

Honestly, though, why would any Non-Heat fans side with James on this? Its a shitty thing to do to any fans. None of us should be dumping on Cleveland fans anyway. They are the few that have it worse than KC sports fans.

No non-Heat fan does, but Nike has a huge wad of cash riding on selling BoBos with his name on them. Dollar signs!!

GloryDayz
11-06-2010, 09:52 PM
I liked this marketing campaign better the first time around...

In a way, it's dumb. Is he really asking us those questions? If not, just say hey, I want money and a ring, and Cleveland both sucks and is cold... But I liken it to the way Hockey teams use KC to get better deals back home; it just sort of sucks. Lebronshould have just said from the beginning (once the season was over), that he'd be leaving. Letting Cleveland think they had a chance as wrong (and cruel in some special olympics sort of way)...

Psyko Tek
11-06-2010, 09:54 PM
Im on the fence about this.

Lebron did make the cavs relevant again but he lied to the city and broke their hearts on natl tv.

and he did it for no reason but self promotion
I don't even watch basketball until after football season but this butt nugget needs to get no rings and no respect
he has done a horrible thing and needs to pay kharma off

Spott
11-06-2010, 09:58 PM
I hate Lebron so much that I am actually find myself rooting for the Celtics(and every other team in the East).

BIG_DADDY
11-06-2010, 10:32 PM

So let me get this straight. It's OK to tell Cleveland you are going to be there until you bring a championship there.

It's OK to leave them hanging forever when you know you are leaving so you can do the whole big self-promotion thing.

It's even OK to do a full one minute commercial that airs constantly dissing the people of Cleveland by saying "should I be who you want me to be" but it's not Ok for the people of Cleveland to respond to that because if they do they are a bunch pansies and you will make fun of their nightmare economy.

Your a class act dude. They should name a park after you or something.

BIG_DADDY
11-06-2010, 10:33 PM

I see everyone is on board.

-King-
11-06-2010, 10:35 PM
So let me get this straight. It's OK to tell Cleveland you are going to be there until you bring a championship there.

It's OK to leave them hanging forever when you know you are leaving so you can do the whole big self-promotion thing.

It's even OK to do a full one minute commercial that airs constantly dissing the people of Cleveland by saying "should I be who you want me to be" but it's not Ok for the people of Cleveland to respond to that because if they do they are a bunch pansies and you will make fun of their nightmare economy.

http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/4364/38279137165509376413033.jpg

chiefzilla1501
11-06-2010, 10:40 PM
Chris Bosh pulled the same shit on the Raptors, (albeit, to a lesser degree).

To a much lesser degree. The writing was always on the wall. Everyone knew Bosh wasn't going to the Raptors. It was just a matter of figuring out which team that wasn't the Raptors he was going to. The only thing I resent him for is that he's an average player that somehow got his name in lights because he was associated with this Big 3 decision.

Nobody knew what Lebron would do until the very last day of free agency. A lot of people thought he'd go back to Cleveland. The worst part is, everyone in Ohio had the same thought when he put on the announcement that he'd be broadcasting "the decision." "No way is this guy that big of a dick that he would break this city's heart on national TV. Because he can't possibly be that big of a dick, it's gotta be an announcement that he's going back to Cleveland."

My perspective of Lebron completely flipped after that night.

BIG_DADDY
11-06-2010, 10:44 PM
To a much lesser degree. The writing was always on the wall. Everyone knew Bosh wasn't going to the Raptors. It was just a matter of figuring out which team that wasn't the Raptors he was going to. The only thing I resent him for is that he's an average player that somehow got his name in lights because he was associated with this Big 3 decision.

Nobody knew what Lebron would do until the very last day of free agency. A lot of people thought he'd go back to Cleveland. The worst part is, everyone in Ohio had the same thought when he put on the announcement that he'd be broadcasting "the decision." "No way is this guy that big of a dick that he would break this city's heart on national TV. Because he can't possibly be that big of a dick, it's gotta be an announcement that he's going back to Cleveland."

He is easily the most hated man in basketball now.

http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/4364/38279137165509376413033.jpg

NICE!!!

I gotta look up when he goes to Cleveland. WHat do you think the odds are he gets sick that day?

-King-
11-06-2010, 10:45 PM
He is easily the most hated man in basketball now.

NICE!!!

I gotta look up when he goes to Cleveland. WHat do you think the odds are he gets sick that day?

ROFL I said the exact same shit. I'm willing to bet anything there he has an "injury" or "sickness" that day that prevents him from playing.

BIG_DADDY
11-06-2010, 10:49 PM
ROFL I said the exact same shit. I'm willing to bet anything there he has an "injury" or "sickness" that day that prevents him from playing.

I wouldn't want to be him going in there. Security to the hilt.

chiefzilla1501
11-06-2010, 10:53 PM

He won't. He still doesn't get it. He still thinks he's Akron's native son, nevermind that the city fucking hates him. I remember he was talking about going to the OSU-Miami game, expecting that he was going to be welcomed with open arms.

The guy is a clueless egotistical bastard. I bet he still thinks there's just a small rogue movement in Cleveland that hates him. Doesn't realize that he can't walk into any part of Ohio anymore.

The worst part is that he's still letting his friends run his life. They're probably the biggest reason for "the decision." Lebron made his living from being great at bball. His friends are making a living from mooching off their friend and passing it off as "marketing." There's a reason why Tiger has made strides toward fixing his reputation while Lebron seems to be hated more with every PR decision.

BigMeatballDave
11-07-2010, 12:11 AM
He won't. He still doesn't get it. He still thinks he's Akron's native son, nevermind that the city fucking hates him. I remember he was talking about going to the OSU-Miami game, expecting that he was going to be welcomed with open arms.

The guy is a clueless egotistical bastard. I bet he still thinks there's just a small rogue movement in Cleveland that hates him. Doesn't realize that he can't walk into any part of Ohio anymore.

The worst part is that he's still letting his friends run his life. They're probably the biggest reason for "the decision." Lebron made his living from being great at bball. His friends are making a living from mooching off their friend and passing it off as "marketing." There's a reason why Tiger has made strides toward fixing his reputation while Lebron seems to be hated more with every PR decision.I hope he's prepared for a shitstorm when the Heat travel to Cleveland, because he's gonna get it. The Q will sell out and they will hammer on him all game long.

58kcfan89
11-07-2010, 12:46 AM

I'm not from Ohio, but interned with a guy from Ohio this summer. I told him the exact same thing as soon as "The Decision" was announced. No one's a big enough assbag to throw an entire city under the bus during an hour-long special. Needless to say, my thoughts on LBJ changed that night as well.

Valiant
11-07-2010, 12:55 AM
He won't. He still doesn't get it. He still thinks he's Akron's native son, nevermind that the city ****ing hates him. I remember he was talking about going to the OSU-Miami game, expecting that he was going to be welcomed with open arms.

The worst part is that he's still letting his friends run his life. They're probably the biggest reason for "the decision." Lebron made his living from being great at bball. His friends are making a living from mooching off their friend and passing it off as "marketing." There's a reason why Tiger has made strides toward fixing his reputation while Lebron seems to be hated more with every PR decision.

Yeah, I was rolling during the first viewing of his commercial.. 'not to listen to my friend, their my friends..' when your friends are morons, don't..

What he did was one of the biggest slaps to a fanbase EVER.. Outside fans need to try to see how they would feel if one of their icons pulled what he did.. Then acted like it was everyone else fault..

The commercial did not help, more like ten times worse.. The only people loving him right now are his teammates and Miami fans.. Rest of the country, not so much.. The response commercial is awesome.. Hopefully that plays when the Heat visit there during the pregame..

chiefzilla1501
11-07-2010, 01:14 AM
Yeah, I was rolling during the first viewing of his commercial.. 'not to listen to my friend, their my friends..' when your friends are morons, don't..

What he did was one of the biggest slaps to a fanbase EVER.. Outside fans need to try to see how they would feel if one of their icons pulled what he did.. Then acted like it was everyone else fault..

The commercial did not help, more like ten times worse.. The only people loving him right now are his teammates and Miami fans.. Rest of the country, not so much.. The response commercial is awesome.. Hopefully that plays when the Heat visit there during the pregame..

I loved Gilbert's response, but it's a little unfortunate he made it because of how it was received. People viewed him as an angry owner just venting. If he says anything more, it just sounds like sour grapes.

But that's a shame, because he apparently has a lot to talk about.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?page=lebronleavescavs-100709
"In every trade Gilbert made, he took on more money than he sent out, his payroll spiraling into the luxury tax and then more deeply into the tax. Each, whether it was for Ben Wallace or Mo Williams or Shaquille O'Neal or Antawn Jamison, came only as James signed off. Yet when it was time to sign free agents, James would not commit to the future.

It left the team being forced to improve mostly through trades, deals they often made with the short term in mind that required them to give up future assets in the form of draft picks and prospects. Largely it worked, as the Cavs became one of the league's most successful teams.

Gilbert hired one of James' friends and paid him more than some assistant coaches to hang out with the team so James would be comfortable. Gilbert allowed members of James' management team to fly on the team jet. He spent $25 million to construct a practice facility that was located 20 minutes closer to James' home than the old one. He rebuilt the locker room. He hired a masseur to travel on the road because James likes massages.

He even fired his head coach, somewhat on spec, with the belief that James wanted a change. "

Mr. Flopnuts
11-07-2010, 01:17 AM
It's less than a month. They play in Cleveland on Dec. 2nd.

chiefzilla1501
11-07-2010, 01:20 AM
I hope he's prepared for a shitstorm when the Heat travel to Cleveland, because he's gonna get it. The Q will sell out and they will hammer on him all game long.

He won't be. His friends will assure him that everybody still loves him, because he's "the Chosen One." Or at least convince him that it's all Cleveland's fault.

The only way he'll wise up is if Nike starts doing his publicity for him full time.

BIG_DADDY
11-07-2010, 02:11 AM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cFtwdMx50ek?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cFtwdMx50ek?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Alphaman
11-07-2010, 05:38 AM

So is Cleveland upset because he left or because he announced it during a 1 hour special on ESPN?

I don't particularly care for the way he made his announcement, but his decision to leave Cleveland was fine with me. He played out his contract there. He didn't hold out and demand to be traded.

He was a free agent. He decided to win a championship they needed to add more marquee talent. After talking to his friends in the league he concluded that talent would not come to Cleveland.

No player wins a championship by himself. If the Suns had an opportunity to sign Michael Jordan, I don't think Charles Barkeley would have been telling the front office "NO I want to win it by myself". Stars lobby for the front office to go get guys that are available all the time. I have no problem whatsoever that James, Wade and Bosh took control of their own destinies and decided to play together.

J Diddy
11-07-2010, 06:21 AM
So is Cleveland upset because he left or because he announced it during a 1 hour special on ESPN?

I don't particularly care for the way he made his announcement, but his decision to leave Cleveland was fine with me. He played out his contract there. He didn't hold out and demand to be traded.

He was a free agent. He decided to win a championship they needed to add more marquee talent. After talking to his friends in the league he concluded that talent would not come to Cleveland.

No player wins a championship by himself. If the Suns had an opportunity to sign Michael Jordan, I don't think Charles Barkeley would have been telling the front office "NO I want to win it by myself". Stars lobby for the front office to go get guys that are available all the time. I have no problem whatsoever that James, Wade and Bosh took control of their own destinies and decided to play together.

perhaps

I just feel like it lacked class.

Like derrick thomas took another offer and the next day had a video explaining how right he was on the tv.

wouldn't set well with me

LoneWolf
11-07-2010, 07:13 AM
Except doesn't be a bad teammate

Give me a friggin break.

Wouldn't you call laying down in a playoff game against Boston being a bad teammate? What about leaving your teammates at the last minute without letting them know before you let the rest of the world know? Even Ryan Leaf thinks LeBron is a bad teammate.

BIG_DADDY
11-07-2010, 08:35 AM

This has pretty much been explained in detail throughout the thread over and over. I wouldn't want to live or play in that shit hole they call Cleveland either but the way he left was classless and self-promoting and left Cleveland with less options in the process. You just don't do that to a fan base that adores you at that level. There is also a big difference between recruiting some talent to your team and having 3 top players in the league all come together at this point in their careers, it's unpresidented. Basically 95% of the fan base who are not Heat fans have major issues with the way Lesoft has conducted himself and I don't think it matters much what you show the other 5% they are going to defend him. Like most on here have already stated, I hope his career goes to shit. I also love the receptions he is getting from NBA fans across the league.

chiefzilla1501
11-07-2010, 08:41 AM

I know a lot of Cleveland fans, which is why I talk quite a bit on this. If Lebron did it the classy way, I would say the reaction would be like when KC lost Tait. Of course people would be upset about it. But at the same time, they'd understand.

What Clevelanders are really upset about is the way he dicked them over. Watch tape of the Boston playoff series--he quit on his team. Secondly, he knew he was going to Miami as soon as the season ended yet he waited until 2 minutes before "the decision" (and the end of free agency) to tell his owner, coaches, and teammates he was leaving. Meanwhile, he left his team in limbo. For 3 or 4 years, they traded picks for short-term fixes and even fired a pretty good head coach and then considered hiring Tom Izzo only because they thought Lebron might want him. They held onto cap space to bring Lebron back instead of going out in free agency and making moves. They spent countless hours shmoozing him and he egotistically watched Cleveland fans stage rallies for him--how can you possibly let fans do that if you know you're not going back there? Then, of course, "the decision"--the most shameless self promotion in sports history.

Cleveland completely pampered him and the fans worshipped him. He should have been a shitload more respectful. He should have told the team in the beginning of free agency and given them time to retool and compete in the free agency and coaching market. He should have made it a mission to at least finish 2010 with a ring instead of flopping in the playoffs. "The Decision" was a stupid idea--he broke his fans' hearts in the most embarrassing way possible. But given that he did it, he should have thanked Cleveland fans (he didn't), should have been sincere about his breakup with Cleveland (he was emotionless)--the day after Ilgauskas left for Miami, he took out a full page ad in the Cleveland newspaper thanking the fans. Cleveland fans love Z. After the Decision, he should have apologized for poor taste--he took how many months to finally admit it?

There's no contest that this was the most shameless act of selfish disrespect for a team and fan base that treated him like royalty.

GloryDayz
11-07-2010, 09:21 AM

This... F*** Labron! F*** Labron's family! (That'll get things started) And Labron can DIAF for all I care. He's a coward, and Nike just lost a sale of some of those $150 shoes they want me to buy. Not only because they're made by 8-year-old kids in China (I suspect Labron is proud of that!!), but those workers make $.30 a day (or something stupid like that), and on the flip side Labron's on this side of the pond making millions and millions. He's a money-grubbing gold digger with no heart...

I supported Nike through the Tiger Woods deal, I don't care who he's F***ing, and I'd be like Tiger too (at least I know and admit to it)... Especially when your 'wife' trys to come off like a victim instead of a former nearly-naked swimsuit model from a country with no known religion - and to solve the problem she needs the nanny-cared for kids, an island, and a yacht! Really??? Cry me a river blondie! Hey toots, take care of things at home and he might not f*** around. If he wants a 3some or 16some, call some of those old model chicks who are hired meat, just like you were -> they'd do him with you! Either way, KMA, I didn't know your name before Tiger, so you're nothing but a piece of runway meat IMO. Now you're a rich piece of runway meat (want a new husband???)... So I bought some TW cr@p to show my support for him...

Relative to Labron, I think I have options in BoBos beyond Nike, and it's time to exercise those options...

ohiobronco2
11-07-2010, 10:23 AM
I know a lot of Cleveland fans, which is why I talk quite a bit on this. If Lebron did it the classy way, I would say the reaction would be like when KC lost Tait. Of course people would be upset about it. But at the same time, they'd understand.

What Clevelanders are really upset about is the way he dicked them over. Watch tape of the Boston playoff series--he quit on his team. Secondly, he knew he was going to Miami as soon as the season ended yet he waited until 2 minutes before "the decision" (and the end of free agency) to tell his owner, coaches, and teammates he was leaving. Meanwhile, he left his team in limbo. For 3 or 4 years, they traded picks for short-term fixes and even fired a pretty good head coach and then considered hiring Tom Izzo only because they thought Lebron might want him. They held onto cap space to bring Lebron back instead of going out in free agency and making moves. They spent countless hours shmoozing him and he egotistically watched Cleveland fans stage rallies for him--how can you possibly let fans do that if you know you're not going back there? Then, of course, "the decision"--the most shameless self promotion in sports history.

Cleveland completely pampered him and the fans worshipped him. He should have been a shitload more respectful. He should have told the team in the beginning of free agency and given them time to retool and compete in the free agency and coaching market. He should have made it a mission to at least finish 2010 with a ring instead of flopping in the playoffs. "The Decision" was a stupid idea--he broke his fans' hearts in the most embarrassing way possible. But given that he did it, he should have thanked Cleveland fans (he didn't), should have been sincere about his breakup with Cleveland (he was emotionless)--the day after Ilgauskas left for Miami, he took out a full page ad in the Cleveland newspaper thanking the fans. Cleveland fans love Z. After the Decision, he should have apologized for poor taste--he took how many months to finally admit it?

There's no contest that this was the most shameless act of selfish disrespect for a team and fan base that treated him like royalty.

This is 100% correct. I have watched Lebron for years, when his HS games used to be televised throughout parts of the state of Ohio. I've seen everything from Ohioans thinking, damn this kid is good for a high school player, I hope he goes to OSU, I hope the Cavs win the draft lottery to I can't believe that this son of a b*tch just embarrassed us on national tv. I work for a major corporation in Columbus and for weeks the office talk surrounded what Lebron would do. When the ESPN special was announced, people actually celebrated, they assumed that there is no way he would embarass those who idolized him like that and then he did.

For years, the franchise bent over backwards for him (and sure, perhaps they shouldn't have, but he was a star player and they wanted to keep him happy.). Hiring friends and everything else that was listed above, but Lebron never planned to return to Cleveland and that is what is so sh**ty. He held the franchise hostage plain and simple. The front office traded away everything to keep the Cavs competitive in the here and now, while Lebron didn't attempt to recruit anybody to help make the franchise a winner. Kobe does an excellent job of recruiting guys to play along side him (I guess it's because he is a star player and not a side kick) and the genius (or should I say raping of the Grizzles) of the front office is what makes that team a success. Lebron didn't recruit and that is essential for a city like Cleveland. LA is an easy sell outside of Kobe, the city has a lot to offer, weather is nice, the ocean, I could go on and on. The only reason another solid basketball player comes to Cleveland is if they are traded there or comes to win a ring along side a star player.

Anyways, what's done is done. Lebron needs to let it go (the city and it's people never will, do we need to discuss why that is. Fans are always much more invested in a franchise than the players ever will be) and stop discussing it (this Nike commercial is not doing him any favors, I personally will not be buying their fvcking shoes anymore).

ohiobronco2
11-07-2010, 10:26 AM
BTW, Lebron didn't come to the OSU game because they (OSU/Columbus PD) wouldn't agree to provide what he (Lebron) considered "sufficient" security. He better be ill when the Heat play the Cavs. There will be no "Malice in the Palace", perhaps, "Black and Blue in the Q". Just thinking of the following morning headlines. :D

GloryDayz
11-07-2010, 10:48 AM
This is 100% correct. I have watched Lebron for years, when his HS games used to be televised throughout parts of the state of Ohio. I've seen everything from Ohioans thinking, damn this kid is good for a high school player, I hope he goes to OSU, I hope the Cavs win the draft lottery to I can't believe that this son of a b*tch just embarrassed us on national tv. I work for a major corporation in Columbus and for weeks the office talk surrounded what Lebron would do. When the ESPN special was announced, people actually celebrated, they assumed that there is no way he would embarass those who idolized him like that and then he did.

For years, the franchise bent over backwards for him (and sure, perhaps they shouldn't have, but he was a star player and they wanted to keep him happy.). Hiring friends and everything else that was listed above, but Lebron never planned to return to Cleveland and that is what is so sh**ty. He held the franchise hostage plain and simple. The front office traded away everything to keep the Cavs competitive in the here and now, while Lebron didn't attempt to recruit anybody to help make the franchise a winner. Kobe does an excellent job of recruiting guys to play along side him (I guess it's because he is a star player and not a side kick) and the genius (or should I say raping of the Grizzles) of the front office is what makes that team a success. Lebron didn't recruit and that is essential for a city like Cleveland. LA is an easy sell outside of Kobe, the city has a lot to offer, weather is nice, the ocean, I could go on and on. The only reason another solid basketball player comes to Cleveland is if they are traded there or comes to win a ring along side a star player.

Anyways, what's done is done. Lebron needs to let it go (the city and it's people never will, do we need to discuss why that is. Fans are always much more invested in a franchise than the players ever will be) and stop discussing it (this Nike commercial is not doing him any favors, I personally will not be buying their fvcking shoes anymore).

Let's face it, it's always going to be hard to keep these players away from the lights of the bigger cities with all the glamour they think bring. Perhpas they do. I think it's the equivalent of the challenges that many universities have getting players to come play for their school over some school in a place like SoCal or Florida. I'm not saying that impossible, but it's an advantage that many schools have over others. I think when you've got 100s of millions to spend, you might want to live somewhere better than Cleveland. But it still doesn't mean Lebron is anything short of a d1ck, I'm just saying that I'm not surprised...

teedubya
11-07-2010, 12:38 PM
IMO the worst thing he did to Cleveland was doing the DECISION TV show... he shouldn't have done that.

Bane
11-07-2010, 12:47 PM
IMO the worst thing he did to Cleveland was doing the DECISION TV show... he shouldn't have done that.

Yeah I didn't blame the guy for wanting out of Cleveland,but to do it on national tv in epic douche mode was just pathetic.

Frazod
11-07-2010, 03:14 PM
I wonder how many millions ESPrickN paid James to piss all over his reputation and legacy? Hope it was worth it to him.

Well, actually, I don't.

googlegoogle
11-07-2010, 09:16 PM
I blame Charlie Weiss.

BIG_DADDY
11-07-2010, 09:27 PM
BTW, Lebron didn't come to the OSU game because they (OSU/Columbus PD) wouldn't agree to provide what he (Lebron) considered "sufficient" security. He better be ill when the Heat play the Cavs. There will be no "Malice in the Palace", perhaps, "Black and Blue in the Q". Just thinking of the following morning headlines. :D

That's nothing compared to what he will deal with on December 2nd.