PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Buying out Cassel's Contract

craneref
11-07-2010, 07:14 PM
Do you think we can raise enough to buy out Cassel's contract? I am willing to pitch in!!! :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

milkman
11-07-2010, 07:18 PM
When Cassel is to blame, I am first to jump on his uselessness.

This loss was not Cassel's fault.

He made the perfect pass that should have sealed the game, but Dwayne Bowe dropped it.

BossChief
11-07-2010, 07:21 PM
We didnt lose because of Cassel today, he was part of the reason we could and probably should have won.

theultimatekcchiefsfan
11-07-2010, 07:21 PM
Do you think we can raise enough to buy out Cassel's contract? I am willing to pitch in!!! :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

I thought Cassel had the best game he has had this year. Duane Bowe blew the game again. Cassel did his job. One bad pick before the half when someone ran the wrong route and we had two receivers in the same spot.

milkman
11-07-2010, 07:22 PM
I thought Cassel had the best game he has had this year. Duane Bowe blew the game again. Cassel did his job. One bad pick before the half when someone ran the wrong route and we had two receivers in the same spot.

That had to be on Bowe.

If he doesn't run his defender into the area, that tipped pass falls incomplete.

doomy3
11-07-2010, 07:23 PM
This thread is so fucking stupid. This board is clown shoes.

Bwana
11-07-2010, 07:25 PM

He made the perfect pass that should have sealed the game, but Dwayne Bowe dropped it.

This. Old 10 cent head choked once again. I want Bowe down the road next year.

Bane
11-07-2010, 07:25 PM
I can't hang it all on Cassel.There we're several mistakes that lead to that loss.We have to score more points in the 4th quarter,even with a lead.PERIOD!

Chiefnj2
11-07-2010, 07:30 PM
That had to be on Bowe.

If he doesn't run his defender into the area, that tipped pass falls incomplete.

It looked to me like it was a td PASS TO Bowe if Moeaki doesn't jump.

TheGuardian
11-07-2010, 07:33 PM
I'm fine with throwing Cassel under the bus when it's his fault. He was one of the reasons we were in the game today. Bowe ends the game with an easy catch at the end.

But the fact is, we are a better team than the Raiders that probably played our worst game of the season today.

They still have to come to Arrowhead where they are going to get destroyed.

craneref
11-07-2010, 07:33 PM

Cassel doesn't hit a WIDE open Moeki, overthrows Bowe twice from inside our own 10. He plays decently, but really sucks when we really need it. That last 1 yard pass on 3rd and 3 he LOCKED from before the snap, to a tight end that was blanketed. I got no problem with kicking Bowes's ass either, becasue he had a chance to seal the deal and Flowers should have picked the pass over the middle, but Cassel is making BIG money to make plays when we need them, andhe just hasn't done it!

MichaelH
11-07-2010, 07:34 PM
We didnt lose because of Cassel today, he was part of the reason we could and probably should have won.

:eek:

The passes at the receiver's feet were first rate. True that he could have been saved if Bowe could catch. But his accuracy is horrendous for a starting QB getting his money.

Pushead2
11-07-2010, 07:34 PM

This x 1,000,000

tmax63
11-07-2010, 07:35 PM
Cassel was going for the kill shot. They had the Raiders on the ropes and a TD would have really took the wind out of the Raiders going into the half. I wish he'd threw it away and took the FG but I don't blame him for going for it.

doomy3
11-07-2010, 07:36 PM
Cassel doesn't hit a WIDE open Moeki, overthrows Bowe twice from inside our own 10. He plays decently, but really sucks when we really need it. That last 1 yard pass on 3rd and 3 he LOCKED from before the snap, to a tight end that was blanketed. I got no problem with kicking Bowes's ass either, becasue he had a chance to seal the deal and Flowers should have picked the pass over the middle, but Cassel is making BIG money to make plays when we need them, andhe just hasn't done it!

I think this is bullshit. "When we really needed it," down by 4 in the 4th quarter and on 3rd and long, he throws an absolutely perfectly thrown rope to Bowe on a post for the score. Then, he throws a perfect ball to Bowe with 2 minutes left on 3rd and long that ices the game. If Bowe catches that, Cassel was clutch today. Yes, he could have made other plays, but there is NO QB in this league that never misses a throw. This board has gone overboard in their criticism of Cassel. He is not a franchise QB, but there aren't many true franchise QBs in this league.

Bwana
11-07-2010, 07:46 PM

This. Old 10 cent head choked once again. I want Bowe down the road next year.

milkman
11-07-2010, 07:48 PM
It looked to me like it was a td PASS TO Bowe if Moeaki doesn't jump.

I saw that in another thread, and I can see that you may be roght.

And as I said in response to this in another thread, eithr way, that interception wasn't Cassel's fault.

milkman
11-07-2010, 07:50 PM

:eek:

The passes at the receiver's feet were first rate. True that he could have been saved if Bowe could catch. But his accuracy is horrendous for a starting QB getting his money.

Many of us are not going to argue with the fact that cassel isn't a starting calibre QB, or that he is worth the money he's being paid.
But the fact remains, he made enough plays today to win this game.

Charlie Weis, Dwayne Bowe, and the rest of the team let him down today.

kysirsoze
11-07-2010, 07:52 PM
This loss isn't Cassel's fault. Still, that third down play was pretty fucking bad. Captain checkdown throws to Pope at the LOS, when he has Bowe over the middle for an easy first. Maybe there's a defender I missed, but I don't know how you make that decision.

I will say, though, Matt did what he needed to in regulation to win the game, even if he did fuck it up in OT.

BigRedChief
11-07-2010, 08:11 PM
Do you think we can raise enough to buy out Cassel's contract? I am willing to pitch in!!! :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:This loss wasn't Cassel's fault, But to inform you of the facts..............

We can cut Cassel at the end of the year and not owe him on single penny. Not one cent against the cap next year, if one exists.

Pitt Gorilla
11-07-2010, 08:24 PM
This thread is so ****ing stupid. This board is clown shoes.This.

Deberg_1990
11-07-2010, 08:27 PM
This loss wasn't Cassel's fault, But to inform you of the facts..............

We can cut Cassel at the end of the year and not owe him on single penny. Not one cent against the cap next year, if one exists.

Doubtful they cut him...since hes probably going to end up around 24 TD's with 8 INT's...

BUt can they renegotiate his contract??

Son of Logical
11-07-2010, 08:54 PM
While I do not put the soul blame of this loss on Cassel, I will definitely say he missed a lot of throws today. In OT if he wasn't so focused on Pope (who sucks ass) and rushed the throw, Bowe was wide open coming across the middle. Bowe cost us big as well with that key drop. All in all I have to put a lot of the loss of this game on Flowers. He was out of position a lot today. They ran that come back route to his side 4 times, each resulting in a first down, and then he gets smoked to set up the FG in OT. I think he just has his worst game, not that he is a bad player.

BigRedChief
11-07-2010, 08:58 PM
Doubtful they cut him...since hes probably going to end up around 24 TD's with 8 INT's...

BUt can they renegotiate his contract??They can try but its not an option if Cassel doesn't coroperate. They can cut and not owe a penny. But, he has a roster bonus next year that kicks in millions of guaranteed money.

Just Passin' By
11-07-2010, 09:19 PM

What incentive would there be for a QB that put up 24/8 to renegotiate his deal?

GloryDayz
11-07-2010, 09:23 PM
How nice would it be to have a QB like Green Bay. Wow, we'd be lethal!!

GloryDayz
11-07-2010, 09:24 PM

Beat him to a pulp in the shower, he'll catch on!!! ROFL

Iowanian
11-07-2010, 09:25 PM
I'm not a fan of Cassel, but he did throw a lazer for a TD that should have been a game winning drive.

GloryDayz
11-07-2010, 09:26 PM
I'm not a fan of Cassel, but he did throw a lazer for a TD that should have been a game winning drive.

Whatevs, he still sucks and needs to go!

Hammock Parties
11-07-2010, 09:27 PM
If Cassel plays like he played today we will win a lot of games.

He should escape the ire of the board for a week.

Goldmember
11-07-2010, 09:33 PM
I'm fine with throwing Cassel under the bus when it's his fault. He was one of the reasons we were in the game today. Bowe ends the game with an easy catch at the end.

But the fact is, we are a better team than the Raiders that probably played our worst game of the season today.

They still have to come to Arrowhead where they are going to get destroyed.

The Chiefs/Raiders games are almost always within a few points. I wouldn't count on the Chiefs "destroying" them. Remember, the Raiders have won the last four games at Arrowhead.

Tribal Warfare
11-08-2010, 02:36 PM
Plain and simple Cassel had a chance to win the game, and he didn't. Cassel choked the 1st time he had the ball inside the 20 ( 3 and out) and luckily the Raiders' shot themselves in the foot for the ensuing TD. Then Matt had the ball first in OT and fucked up again.

11-08-2010, 03:06 PM
This loss wasn't Cassel's fault, But to inform you of the facts..............

That would make me very happy. Yesterday wasn't his fault but he still had plenty of crap throws.

kaplin42
11-08-2010, 03:13 PM
I beg to differ, a lot of this game was on Cassel. What was our 3rd down percentage? How many passes did he throw where the reciever couldn't get the ball.

Hell, the last pass he had on 3rd down was basicaly a complete description of his entire game. Don't read the defense, don't go through your progression, pick your hot route and go there no matter what.

The loss doesn't fall completely on his shoulders, but saying that he bears none of the blame is just being blind.

BossChief
11-08-2010, 03:16 PM
Cap wise, his contract from this point forward is easy to deal with. The only obstacle is the roster bonus. Beyond that, he is pretty damn cheap from here on out.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_contract.aspx?sport=nfl&id=3237

7/14/2009: Signed a six-year, $63 million contract. The deal contains $28 million guaranteed, including a $10 million roster bonus in the first year. 2010: $11.75 million (+ $250,000 workout bonus), 2011: $4.75 million (+ $7.5 million option bonus), 2012: $5.25 million, 2013: $7.5 million, 2014: $9 million, 2015: Free Agent

If he continues to play like he did yesterday and work to improve (like has obviously has since last year) then I have no problem with him staying around for the remainder of that contract...

BUT

that better not stop us from drafting him some competition, either. Preferably a first rounder.

BossChief
11-08-2010, 03:21 PM
I beg to differ, a lot of this game was on Cassel. What was our 3rd down percentage? How many passes did he throw where the reciever couldn't get the ball.

Hell, the last pass he had on 3rd down was basicaly a complete description of his entire game. Don't read the defense, don't go through your progression, pick your hot route and go there no matter what.

The loss doesn't fall completely on his shoulders, but saying that he bears none of the blame is just being blind.

You and I have NO IDEA what he is being coached to do though.

I have a sneaking suspicion that he is being coached to throw to his first read...this may be getting done to get him to not play "shellshocked" and to get in the rhythm of getting the ball out of his hands quickly. That is a big part of what this offense is built upon. Hopefully, in the next few games he starts to do more and more as his comfort level increases and he doesn't have to think so much while playing and starts making plays with more consistency like the few he made yesterday...most notably his laser to Bowe in the endzone.

Pitt Gorilla
11-08-2010, 03:24 PM

The loss doesn't fall completely on his shoulders, but saying that he bears none of the blame is just being blind.Are you including drops by Moe and Bowe in your "3rd down percentage?"

Just Passin' By
11-08-2010, 03:28 PM
Are you including drops by Moe and Bowe in your "3rd down percentage?"

Of course not....

kaplin42
11-08-2010, 03:28 PM
You and I have NO IDEA what he is being coached to do though.

I have a sneaking suspicion that he is being coached to throw to his first read...this may be getting done to get him to not play "shellshocked" and to get in the rhythm of getting the ball out of his hands quickly. That is a big part of what this offense is built upon. Hopefully, in the next few games he starts to do more and more as his comfort level increases and he doesn't have to think so much while playing and starts making plays with more consistency like the few he made yesterday...most notably his laser to Bowe in the endzone.

For the sake of argument, lets say that you are right. Coach says pick your target and go, period. If that's the case, he should be pin point accurate cause he is just on one target, and not scanning the field. Instead, his passes are all over the place.

To be honest though, in the NFL, if you have to be babied like you are saying, then you are probably not starter, if NFL material at all.

Chiefnj2
11-08-2010, 03:29 PM
Are you including drops by Moe and Bowe in your "3rd down percentage?"

Probably not. Nor the 3 or 4 third and ones that Jones failed to convert on.

Just Passin' By
11-08-2010, 03:31 PM
For the sake of argument, lets say that you are right. Coach says pick your target and go, period. If that's the case, he should be pin point accurate cause he is just on one target, and not scanning the field. Instead, his passes are all over the place.

To be honest though, in the NFL, if you have to be babied like you are saying, then you are probably not starter, if NFL material at all.

The Patriots won a Super Bowl in 2001 with Brady running the offense you're seeing in K.C.. The same O.C. who's "babied" Cassel this year "babied" Brady in 2001. Is Brady not NFL material?

DeezNutz
11-08-2010, 03:42 PM
The Patriots won a Super Bowl in 2001 with Brady running the offense you're seeing in K.C.. The same O.C. who's "babied" Cassel this year "babied" Brady in 2001. Is Brady not NFL material?

Should we expect the same type of upside from 28-year-old Cassel as 24-year-old Brady?

BossChief
11-08-2010, 03:46 PM

you arent gonna get me to say that Cassel is playing as well as some of us have hoped he would...or is accurate...but I WILL say that he is much better than this time last year and that is not even debatable.

Pants
11-08-2010, 03:51 PM

He had 3 or 4 absolute abortions of throws, but yeah, that was probably one of his better games.

BigMeatballDave
11-08-2010, 04:01 PM
Cap wise, his contract from this point forward is easy to deal with. The only obstacle is the roster bonus. Beyond that, he is pretty damn cheap from here on out.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_contract.aspx?sport=nfl&id=3237

7/14/2009: Signed a six-year, $63 million contract. The deal contains $28 million guaranteed, including a $10 million roster bonus in the first year. 2010: $11.75 million (+ $250,000 workout bonus), 2011: $4.75 million (+ $7.5 million option bonus), 2012: $5.25 million, 2013: $7.5 million, 2014: $9 million, 2015: Free Agent

If he continues to play like he did yesterday and work to improve (like has obviously has since last year) then I have no problem with him staying around for the remainder of that contract...

BUT

that better not stop us from drafting him some competition, either. Preferably a first rounder.What cap?

BigMeatballDave
11-08-2010, 04:04 PM
If Cassel plays like he played today we will win a lot of games.

He should escape the ire of the board for a week.I just LOVE having a play-not-to-lose QB...

kcxiv
11-08-2010, 04:09 PM
This thread makes me fucking Sad, its not all Bowes fault. did he fuck up and miss an easy catch? absolutely, but stupid fucking goign for it on 4th down. a fucking stupid pooch punt for a 50 yard kick. Succop has a good enough leg to attempt it. The fucking interception where you can clearly see the Head Coach telling off the QB because "HE" fucked up. The horrible ref's on both sides of the ball. Not to mention Flowers worst game of his career maybe. He had the balls to talk shit on twitter about bad blood and what not and he got burnt all game long.

BossChief
11-08-2010, 04:11 PM
What cap?

I was talking in the order of a future cap...thats why I bolded the future salary figures.