PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs 2-Minute, 10-second Run Down Rule

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
11-07-2010, 07:50 PM
Anyone else catch the gift the game officials gave to Oakland:

(:30) (Shotgun) 8-J.Campbell pass deep right to 12-J.Ford to KC 22 for 19 yards (24-B.Flowers). PENALTY on OAK-68-J.Veldheer, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at KC 41 - No Play.

Play was wiped out, loss of yards and there was no run down of 10 seconds. The next play should have started with 20 seconds.

Two things:

1.) The game tying field goal never happens

2.) We should have not given up a 29-yard reception to a guy activated from the practice squad 3-4 weeks ago and had just 4 receptions for 37 yards prior to this game.

bowener
11-07-2010, 07:53 PM
We should have won regardless of the refs. With that said, the refs were doing some really shady shit all game long. Seems like that wanted to keep this a close game for some reason... $?

What was the spread?

MMXcalibur
11-07-2010, 07:55 PM
You know....that is a valid point. No timeouts, under a minute to play....any reason there wasn't a 10 second runoff?

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
11-07-2010, 07:57 PM
I agree we should have won regardless of the game officials. This team went to Oakland and we had a game plan that was clearly over-engineered for our identity.

We could not finish drives the entire game. We lost a field goal because of a penalty.

However, there is no excuse for the shaft by the game officials on the 10-second run down rule.

Also, what about the review of a catch to stop play? Seriously? WTF!!

BigMeatballDave
11-07-2010, 07:59 PM
Letting them get that much yardage after the holding penalty was the killer.

The Bad Guy
11-07-2010, 08:02 PM
The refs were awful today. I dont know what Hali really has to do to get consistent holding calls. They are around his neck, grabbing his shoulders.

But it came down essentially to a guy named Jacoby Ford punking us.

MichaelH
11-07-2010, 08:02 PM
I said it on several other threads, the officiating was the worst I have ever seen. And now I have to agree with the refs being on the take. Some of the calls and the decisions they were making just didn't make sense. I wonder if anything will be said about it. If Haley mentions it in his press conference, the no fun league will fine him.

C-Mac
11-07-2010, 08:07 PM
I agree we should have won regardless of the game officials. This team went to Oakland and we had a game plan that was clearly over-engineered for our identity.

We could not finish drives the entire game. We lost a field goal because of a penalty.

However, there is no excuse for the shaft by the game officials on the 10-second run down rule.

Also, what about the review of a catch to stop play? Seriously? WTF!!

There were 10 points taken off the board because of penalties and the int in the red zone another 3 points wasted, no way the Raiders should have won this game.

teedubya
11-07-2010, 08:08 PM
If we don't have that penalty on Arenas' run back, we are up 17-0.

teedubya
11-07-2010, 08:09 PM
We killed ourselves, regardless... and cassel's deep ball looks like a blind man trying to shoot 3 pointers.

joltnjoey
11-07-2010, 08:10 PM
I said it on several other threads, the officiating was the worst I have ever seen. And now I have to agree with the refs being on the take. Some of the calls and the decisions they were making just didn't make sense. I wonder if anything will be said about it. If Haley mentions it in his press conference, the no fun league will fine him.

Oh stop with the whining....Are you really trying to say the Raiders got more calls then the Chiefs? The Nick Miller fumble on the punt return was a horrible call and should have gift wrapped that game for the Chiefs. Good teams overcome bad calls....you hear it all the time....and the reason you hear it all the time is because it's true. Bad calls all over the place in this game. Raiders made the plays and the Chiefs didn't ....that's the bottom line. Get over it and move on to Denver.

joltnjoey
11-07-2010, 08:11 PM
Sorry for singling you out in this thread...it was really directed at everyone.

Contrarian
11-07-2010, 08:16 PM
Oh stop with the whining....Are you really trying to say the Raiders got more calls then the Chiefs? The Nick Miller fumble on the punt return was a horrible call and should have gift wrapped that game for the Chiefs. Good teams overcome bad calls....you hear it all the time....and the reason you hear it all the time is because it's true. Bad calls all over the place in this game. Raiders made the plays and the Chiefs didn't ....that's the bottom line. Get over it and move on to Denver.

No you're wrong the ball was out of his hands douche. That was a fumble.