PDA

View Full Version : Football Officiating crews need to be purged after this season

Wallcrawler
11-07-2010, 09:03 PM
Seriously, this season has been the worst season ever for poor officiating. Not just any one game, but league-wide.

Pass interference has been rampant this season. We got burned by it in the Texans game, and we benefitted from it in the first half of this game. Johnson played the ball intended for Chambers perfectly, there was no PI on that play.

The holding call that never happened called on Washington? He seriously never even touches the guy and the Raiders get a gift first down.

F*cking up down and distance? Jesus CHRIST how hard is that to get right? Haley is screaming at Triplett that the pass might not have been a TD, but it was a f'ing 3rd and 2 play which gives us a first down. Triplett acts as if Haley is talking out of his ass, pretty much disregarding everything he's screaming into his face.

He's so f'ing clueless that he has to not only confer with the rest of the fuqtards on the officiating crew, but then go talk to the camera crews to figure it out.

To think the majority of this crew today worked the superbowl is absolutely mind blowing.

I watch a lot of games, and these officials this year are just complete ass. Leaguewide. There needs to be documents kept of how many games were cost by shit calls, and how many were influenced, and how many basic fundamental f*ckups there were and start firing some pinstriped dipshits who need to just hit the retirement home.

This is ridiculous.

Players are still responsible for overcoming game situations, bad calls or no, but this kind of incompetence from the officials simply cannot be tolerated. The league should address this and get some kind of standard in place that must be met to keep your job.

Both teams today took a real good fist f*cking from Triplett and his crew today. Id be ashamed of that performance today if I were on that crew.

KCrockaholic
11-07-2010, 09:04 PM
What can the fans do about it? We all complain and nothing changes. It does no good.

Bane
11-07-2010, 09:05 PM
Meh.Score more points and take it out of their hands.Just like boxing/MMA.Knock the motherfucker out and say to hell with the socre cards.

chiefzilla1501
11-07-2010, 09:05 PM
Hey man. I hate Triplett's crew because they are so flag happy.

But honestly, given the way this game went, I thought the Raiders got screwed a lot more than the Chiefs did. I'm not going to act like officiating was a factor today.

CaliforniaChief
11-07-2010, 09:07 PM

But honestly, given the way this game went, I thought the Raiders got screwed a lot more than the Chiefs did. I'm not going to act like officiating was a factor today.

QFT

They were horrible. Embarrassing. They were lost.

But the Chiefs lost the game. And the Raiders made the plays when they needed them. Congratulate 'em for now and we'll see 'em Week 17 at Arrowhead.

Hammock Parties
11-07-2010, 09:08 PM
I think the most amusing thing about the game was they finally called holding on Oakland's left tackle with mere seconds left.

And then on the next play, as I'm thinking it's over thanks to the refs, the Chiefs blow the game.

Classic.

Deberg_1990
What about the gift fumble recovery we got towards the end of the game? That would have been overturned had Oakland had any challenges left...

This stuff all evens out...

GloryDayz
F them all, I hope they all die in a HOT BLAZING FIRE... I hate them all, and they can all KMA and show up on my door step if they want to talk about it... :-)

keg in kc
11-07-2010, 09:12 PM
I thought the crew last week (the Buffalo game) really stood out as a quality group of officials. It's been pretty glaring the rest of the year just how awful the officiating has been, and I don't mean that in terms of calls going against us. I mean that league wise. Hell, I'm not sure the officials weren't even worse today from the Oakland perspective than ours; the Raiders nearly got jobbed out of the game on their home field by phantom flags.

milkman
11-07-2010, 09:12 PM
Some of you have reading comprehension issues.

Wallcrawler is blaming the officials for a loss.

He's just observing how bad officiating has been this year.

GloryDayz
11-07-2010, 09:14 PM

I just want them all to die in a fire and be replaced with NFL-zone.. F them all! There are too few good ones to make up for the bad ones... Burn them all!!!

headsnap

wow, losing to the Faid really brings out the tard in CP posters...

the OP is about officiating in general using this game as an example, he is not using at an an excuse....

chokeartist
What about the gift fumble recovery we got towards the end of the game? That would have been overturned had Oakland had any challenges left...

This stuff all evens out...

Not sure how losing track of downs and the sticks all evens out. When the game announcers are scratching their heads saying 'wtf' - you know something has gone pathetically wrong.

The recovered 'fumble' was, in my opinion, a gaffe, but at least this had actually happened, whether it was before he was down or afterwards. That holding call on KC on Oak's last drive to keep them alive was a complete phantom event - meaning it never even happened, nor was there anything that should give any indication to anyone with eyeballs (working or not) that there ever was a penalty. And it gave the raiders an opportunity to tie the game and they did.

Why play at all if you cant expect refs to even know what down it is?

11-07-2010, 09:15 PM
Agreed that something has to be done. the officiating in the Jet game today was awful as well. they gave Shaun Ellis a Personal foul for unnecessary roughness for pushing the qb outta bounds ''lightly'' while he was still in bounds. it was a joke.

headsnap

quoted because it needs to be said a third time...

Bane

ROFL

headsnap
11-07-2010, 09:17 PM
ROFL

yeah, laugh at a typo or omitted word...

Bane
11-07-2010, 09:18 PM
yeah, laugh at a typo or omitted word...

Yeah I assume that he meant isn't but whatever.I take my shots where I can get them.:D

Frazod
11-07-2010, 09:19 PM
Every game like this is hopefully one step closer to adding an official in the booth who can call missed penalties or overrule the obvious bad calls. Shouldn't be a challenge issue. If the announcers and every fan with a TV can clearly see what should/shouldn't have been called, I think it's way past time for the refs to have that ability.

milkman
11-07-2010, 09:19 PM
ROFL

Okay.

No wonder you guys have reading comprehension issues.

Bane
11-07-2010, 09:20 PM
Okay.

No wonder you guys have reading comprehension issues.

I can read just fine.As long as you use small words.

Buehler445
11-07-2010, 09:35 PM
The officials have been bad.

The ones today I think were the worst NFL officiating I have seen. WHO KNOWS what the outcome would have been. They fucked both teams hard, on HUGE plays. It was pretty goddamn ridiculous.

And the whole damn season they have called virtually no OL penalties (All the false starts today notwithstanding) on any team all year.

milkman
11-07-2010, 09:48 PM
I can read just fine.As long as you use small words.

I was making a joke about my post.

I fucked it up good.

Bane
11-07-2010, 09:49 PM
I was making a joke about my post.

I ****ed it up good.

And again I got it!ROFLROFLROFL

Mojo Rising
11-07-2010, 10:01 PM

I agree. The 1st TD was on the back of a phantom PI call and it looked to me that the WR's knee came down out of bounds before his second foot came down on the TD play itself.

I also saw Flowers hit a WR late out of bounds that wasn't called and another PI call we didn't flagged on during the same 1/4.

Thig Lyfe
11-07-2010, 10:03 PM
There needs to be a ref genocide.

threebag
11-07-2010, 10:37 PM
Every single play!!!

stevieray
11-07-2010, 10:44 PM
Tripplette, Winters and Hoculi all need to be gone. Flag happy crews who routinely keep stalled drives alive and alter game in the final minutes.

...they did it today with the phantom holding call on Washington. We saw the same thing with Flowers PI call.

Tripplette hardly had control of this game.

Wallcrawler
11-07-2010, 10:53 PM
Some no calls, and some ticky tack calls are going to happen, thats a given.

But not knowing the freaking down and distance is INEXCUSABLE. Its the most basic element in the game. Had Haley not gotten in Triplett's grill like he did, the Chiefs wouldve been looking at 4th and goal from the 1, which was then penalized for holding to the 11. 4th and goal at the 11 is what the play wouldve been had Haley not told the officials how to do their goddamn job.

Not only did it happen, but Triplett and his guys had NO CLUE about it. Triplett seemed to be snubbing Haley as he tried to tell him what happened, and then they talked with themselves, and then had to talk to the camera crew to "go back in time" and figure it out. That is patent incompetence on the part of the officials. You cant even keep track of what down it should be. Just go ahead and have enough pride, and take your f*cking life.

Coaches have enough to do trying to win the football game without having to follow the officials around and make sure theyre changing the down and distance to what it should be. Its absolutely ridiculous.

Like with the Texans call, that PI on Flowers was BS, and helped us lose the game, but we still say at the end of the day that you shouldnt give up 21 in the fourth. Thats true, but it still doesnt excuse the utter bullshit call that gave the Texans such a huge play.

Coachspeak in the pressers, and the NFL's "No dogging out the refs on camera" policy helps to keep this shit out of the spotlight more than it should be.

If more coaches got up and raised hell about incompetent officiating, fines or no, the league would have to take notice eventually. Apology letters from the league office saying "Sorry our incompetent officials fistf*cked your team out of a win" doesnt do any good.

This has been the absolute worst officiating Ive seen in the league in my entire life this year. And to think that the debacle today came from the supposed "cream of the crop" of officials, guys who have worked a freaking Superbowl is an utter disgrace.

If these guys cant do the job, get em off the damn field.

Frazod
11-07-2010, 10:56 PM
At least they fixed that fuckup with not changing the down marker. For a minute there I thought it was going to be like the MU/sCUm 5th down game all over again.

DaFace
11-07-2010, 11:28 PM
It's really getting out of hand. There hasn't been a single game this year (Chiefs or otherwise) where I haven't gotten pissed off about a call. The PI calls are just getting ridiculous. Like others have said, it seems to kind of even out, but still, I just hate to see officials playing such a huge role. It really impacts my enjoyment of the game.

B_Ambuehl
11-07-2010, 11:30 PM
Did anyone watch the Colts/Eagles game? These special rules the officials enforce for the colts are completely ridiculous. The refs throw a flag for personal foul anytime a colts players gets hit hard. Eagles got flagged 3 times for bullshit helmet to helmet or roughing the passer penalties.

I don't see how KC fans can complain about officiating against the raiders though. The officials tried like hell for 4 quarters to give you the game but you wouldn't take it.

BigMeatballDave
11-07-2010, 11:31 PM
At least they fixed that fuckup with not changing the down marker. For a minute there I thought it was going to be like the MU/sCUm 5th down game all over again.OMG I wanted to jump through my fucking TV!

Hammock Parties
11-07-2010, 11:32 PM
I wonder how Haley convinced that ref to go check the down and distance.

"Dude, it is first fucking down. Check with the camera crew. If I am wrong I will literally GIVE YOU 10 grand after this game is over. I will write you a fucking check. CHECK THE DOWN AND DISTANCE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD."

Rain Man
11-07-2010, 11:33 PM
It was great that Haley was smart enough to see the bad down and distance. Herm would've not noticed it when watching the film on Wednesday.

Rain Man
11-07-2010, 11:35 PM

"Dude, it is first ****ing down. Check with the camera crew. If I am wrong I will literally GIVE YOU 10 grand after this game is over. I will write you a ****ing check. CHECK THE DOWN AND DISTANCE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD."

Honestly, I'm shocked that they corrected it since a play had been run. I figured for sure that they would say a play has passed, and I suspect that that's what the league policy is. Triplett probably screwed that up, too.

Having said that, we really screwed this game up. No way we should've lost.

Thig Lyfe
11-07-2010, 11:36 PM
It was great that Haley was smart enough to see the bad down and distance. Herm would've not noticed it when watching the film on Wednesday.

http://i46.tinypic.com/14xo35y.gif

Hammock Parties
11-07-2010, 11:39 PM
Honestly, I'm shocked that they corrected it since a play had been run. I figured for sure that they would say a play has passed, and I suspect that that's what the league policy is. Triplett probably screwed that up, too.

What's funny is that the TV feed showed the play as being first down, so I thought they had gotten the call right.

Maybe the networks should take over down and distance.

Speaking of Herm, I was shocked Tom Cable threw the flag on Tucker's foot AND Moeaki's knee on back to back plays, or whatever it was, pretty close. I was thinking "maybe this guy isn't so dumb after all. Herm probably wouldn't have thrown that flag."

bowener
11-07-2010, 11:39 PM
There needs to be a ref genocide.

REF JIHAD!!

dj56dt58
11-07-2010, 11:42 PM
I thought the crew last week (the Buffalo game) really stood out as a quality group of officials. It's been pretty glaring the rest of the year just how awful the officiating has been, and I don't mean that in terms of calls going against us. I mean that league wise. Hell, I'm not sure the officials weren't even worse today from the Oakland perspective than ours; the Raiders nearly got jobbed out of the game on their home field by phantom flags.

Seriously? The crew that fucked up the td call then couldn't even get it right after replay? There is no way his fucking elbow wasn't down on that td

bowener
11-07-2010, 11:43 PM
Tripplette, Winters and Hoculi all need to be gone. Flag happy crews who routinely keep stalled drives alive and alter game in the final minutes.

...they did it today with the phantom holding call on Washington. We saw the same thing with Flowers PI call.

Tripplette hardly had control of this game.

Sometimes when I look at Hoculi and his cartoonish muscles standing in the middle of the field wagging his hands and arms at us I think to myself, "my god, this man must have a tiny penis he badly wants to overcome or he is a complete ****ing narcissist who loves to take all the attention from the game and place it squarely on his misshapen and probably overly tanned shoulders."

Tripplette is clearly just a tard. His mother was holding him as an infant, saw a flaming retard tree and she the whole thing with baby Tripplette.

bowener
11-07-2010, 11:46 PM

Honestly, even in my fury at the moment, I realized something strange was going on when they deemed the previous play had in fact not happened...

Of course, the Universe being as it is, they decided to bring that shit back around and give the Raiders back their first down spike and give them a little extra time to come up with a play.

edit:

Didn't the Chiefs get fucked out of a down against Houston or somebody down by their goal line? A play was run and there was no going back if I remember correctly... or incorrectly...

bowener
11-07-2010, 11:51 PM

"Dude, it is first ****ing down. Check with the camera crew. If I am wrong I will literally GIVE YOU 10 grand after this game is over. I will write you a ****ing check. CHECK THE DOWN AND DISTANCE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD."

Hey, man, you've got the equipment. Whip us up a GIF and let us read those purty lips of his in action.

kthnxbye

edit:

Yeah, I am reading through the thread at the end of the night making my comments... sorry you have to suffer through several in a row.

Chief Henry
11-08-2010, 08:54 AM
At least they fixed that ****up with not changing the down marker. For a minute there I thought it was going to be like the MU/sCUm 5th down game all over again.

They didn't correct the "down" until after one play had been run. KC was flagged for a penalty and backed it up to the 11...hth would have they handled that situation if the chiefs would have turned it over on the immediate play prior to the officials corrected the "downs" ??? That was
a whack.

ClevelandBronco
11-08-2010, 09:07 AM
It's a fast game that gets faster all the time, the NFL rulebook is beginning to read like the IRS code, and there's almost no way around the network that brings its own guys up through the officiating ranks. The league might throw us a bone and pretend to address the problem, but they really can't do anything other than apply a BAND-AIDŽ brand adhesive bandage to the gash.

Pants
11-08-2010, 09:25 AM
The most aggravating thing to me, personally, are the ****ing non-calls on Hali being held in literally EVERY ****ING GAME. I mean, seriously, how IN THE **** are you going to let a dude wrap his fat ****ing arms around Hali's throat and hold him?!!! EVERY TIME. It's just so disheartening. I'm sure Pioli is sending compilation videos to the NFL and if he isn't, he should. Tell them to pay ****ing attention.

Garcia Bronco
11-08-2010, 09:32 AM
"The holding call that never happened called on Washington? He seriously never even touches the guy and the Raiders get a gift first down."

He was yanked by his jersey before the ball was thrown. Sorry.

patteeu
11-08-2010, 09:42 AM
"The holding call that never happened called on Washington? He seriously never even touches the guy and the Raiders get a gift first down."

I'm not sure how you know that, but I'm also not sure how the thread starter can know he wasn't. Since the call was holding instead of PI, the fact that the replay showed no contact as the pass was approaching the receivers is irrelevant since the penalty would have had to have taken place before the ball was thrown, as you said.

Otter
11-08-2010, 09:43 AM
What can the fans do about it? We all complain and nothing changes. It does no good.

The same thing we did about Peterson. Not show up. The only thing we can do.

Raider9175
11-08-2010, 09:46 AM
Seriously, this season has been the worst season ever for poor officiating. Not just any one game, but league-wide.

Pass interference has been rampant this season. We got burned by it in the Texans game, and we benefitted from it in the first half of this game. Johnson played the ball intended for Chambers perfectly, there was no PI on that play.

The holding call that never happened called on Washington? He seriously never even touches the guy and the Raiders get a gift first down.

F*cking up down and distance? Jesus CHRIST how hard is that to get right? Haley is screaming at Triplett that the pass might not have been a TD, but it was a f'ing 3rd and 2 play which gives us a first down. Triplett acts as if Haley is talking out of his ass, pretty much disregarding everything he's screaming into his face.

He's so f'ing clueless that he has to not only confer with the rest of the fuqtards on the officiating crew, but then go talk to the camera crews to figure it out.

To think the majority of this crew today worked the superbowl is absolutely mind blowing.

I watch a lot of games, and these officials this year are just complete ass. Leaguewide. There needs to be documents kept of how many games were cost by shit calls, and how many were influenced, and how many basic fundamental f*ckups there were and start firing some pinstriped dipshits who need to just hit the retirement home.

This is ridiculous.

Players are still responsible for overcoming game situations, bad calls or no, but this kind of incompetence from the officials simply cannot be tolerated. The league should address this and get some kind of standard in place that must be met to keep your job.

Both teams today took a real good fist f*cking from Triplett and his crew today. Id be ashamed of that performance today if I were on that crew.

Want to talk about Gifts. Tell me this was pass interference at 56 seconds of this tape. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxjkjtDS_W0

That one pass interference was a joke they called on you in fourth quarter. Still the Refs were clearly on the chiefs payroll yesterday.

Garcia Bronco
11-08-2010, 09:55 AM
I'm not sure how you know that, but I'm also not sure how the thread starter can know he wasn't. Since the call was holding instead of PI, the fact that the replay showed no contact as the pass was approaching the receivers is irrelevant since the penalty would have had to have taken place before the ball was thrown, as you said.

I saw it. It's a brief glimpse before they cut away. It was a good call on that one.

Wallcrawler
11-08-2010, 11:48 AM
Want to talk about Gifts. Tell me this was pass interference at 56 seconds of this tape. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxjkjtDS_W0

That one pass interference was a joke they called on you in fourth quarter. Still the Refs were clearly on the chiefs payroll yesterday.

Im pretty sure I addressed that in the original post.

"We got burned by it in the Texans game, and we benefitted from it in the first half of this game. Johnson played the ball intended for Chambers perfectly, there was no PI on that play."

Im not sure how the refs were on Chiefs payroll when it was OUR down and distance they f*cked up. Thats the most aggregious error Ive seen all season.

Swanman
11-08-2010, 11:49 AM

Calls were made badly on both sides yesterday. You complain about a PI call, we complain about Hali being in a rear naked choke the entire game and only one holding penalty was called.

Raider9175
11-08-2010, 12:57 PM
Calls were made badly on both sides yesterday. You complain about a PI call, we complain about Hali being in a rear naked choke the entire game and only one holding penalty was called.

yes there was bad call on Chiefs and a whole bunch on the Raiders. You call that fair. Lets see chiefs got a thirty yard penalty on laughable PI, That was no TD on chiefs first Td( He clearly was out of bounds(officials claimed they didn't have that video they had on Tv.) Nick Miller Puntreturn fumble- when it was obvious he was down(two officials blew the play down) . Only reason they called that was Raiders didn't have a challenge. Want me to continue. Let see you got a five yard penalty on bogus penalty . Yea both sides got cheated the same.

Holding penalties you want me to show the holding penalties Chiefs were getting away with. Please. You lost to Raiders without their best defender- N Asomugha. There best Two Wr's - Chaz schilens and louis Murphy . One of the best Tes in all of football- Zach Miller A Big part of their run defense - John Henderson. They lost two starters on defense- MLB Rolando McClain and Ss Tyvon Branch. See you last game of the season in Raiders second home-Arrowhead.

Raider9175
11-08-2010, 01:01 PM
Im pretty sure I addressed that in the original post.

"We got burned by it in the Texans game, and we benefitted from it in the first half of this game. Johnson played the ball intended for Chambers perfectly, there was no PI on that play."

Im not sure how the refs were on Chiefs payroll when it was OUR down and distance they f*cked up. Thats the most aggregious error Ive seen all season.

Stop Its not like they kept the down and distance. After they realized they made a mistake they gave you a first down. So I don't understand why you are harping on that. Raiders not only had to beat the chiefs, but the twelveth man- The Refs.

Raider9175
11-08-2010, 01:07 PM

YEa that was bad call. (five yard penalty) Chiefs got alot of gifts from the officials .(alot more bad calls on the Raiders) I would adviswe chiefs fans to watch this game again. I think you keep your mouth shut after you see the injustice done to the Raiders.

Raider9175
11-08-2010, 01:12 PM

YEa that was bad call. (five yard penalty) Chiefs got alot of gifts from the officials .(alot more bad calls on the Raiders) I would adviswe chiefs fans to watch this game again. I think you keep your mouth shut after you see the injustice done to the Raiders.

sedated
11-08-2010, 01:18 PM
I don't blame the officials for the loss, good teams don't let themselves let a few calls one way or the other determine victory.

But that crew made the game vitually unwatchable. Constant flags, reviews, and officiating indecisiveness brought long delays and stopped the flow of the game. The first half lasted a hair under 2 friggin hours. There were times when everyone at my watch party were just sitting and yawning, waiting for some actual game action.

sedated
11-08-2010, 01:19 PM
Raiders not only had to beat the chiefs, but the twelveth man- The Refs.

they were both up against the 12th man. calls were horrible on both sides.

Bane
11-08-2010, 01:22 PM
Fuck the refs.If KC would quit playing like dumb asses and choking in the 4th quarter we'd put teams away instead of looking for someone to blame for stealing the W from us.JFC.
Posted via Mobile Device

Wallcrawler
11-08-2010, 02:15 PM
I dont think anyone is blaming the refs for the loss. Im not anyway. If Bowe makes that grab that goes right through his hands, game over. If Flowers makes the pick, game over.

My point is that the standard for officiating in the league is at an all time low. Guys need to be reviewed, evaluated, and fired.

The fired refs, on the way to the retirement home need to be shaved, sterilized, and destroyed.

Great teams overcome bad officiating. At least thats the NFL company line that the coaches have to say.

I dont think its too much to ask to have these guys do their damn job. Or at least have some kind of consequence for screwing up so badly. They toss out the automated response apology letter, and then continue to let these officials continue to go out and make a complete goatf*ck out of the games that they officiate.

Should any player or coach make mention of said goatf*ck in a postgame conference, they are fined back to the time before Christ. Everyone can see what happened. Its on film for Christ's sake.

Tired of bad officiating getting a free pass, plain and simple. Something needs to be done.