PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Ten Things About Last Night's Game

gblowfish
11-08-2010, 11:41 AM
Ten Things About Last Night's Game

10. I wanted to wait awhile to talk about this whole situation, because last night I was steaming and tremendously pissed off, and I can't speak reasonably when I'm tremendously pissed off. Today I'm only slightly less pissed off, but in a more reasoned frame of mind. As good a "ying" as a couple weekends ago were- with Mizzou beating OU and the Chiefs beating the Jags -this weekend was truly the "yang" - with Mizzou and the Chiefs both totally crapping in their underoos. Weekends like this is why Chiefs fans have abused and tortured souls. We are indeed, the Chicago Cubs of Football. No amount of therapy will ever change that.

I'm now going to do some INTERNET YELLING:

9. Let me say this: I am glad that the games we are playing now mean something. It feels good to actually CARE again, and to be fighting for the top of the division instead of worrying how high the Chiefs will pick in the draft. I'm glad every game is must see, and our boys are in the thick of the hunt. That said, let me also say this: HOW CAN YOU FRICKIN BLOW THIS GAME???? God Damnit....the end of the first half and the opening of the second half is a fourteen point swing in 30 seconds. Fourteen points. FOURTEEN POINTS. Let me say that one more time: Fourteen F*CKIN' points. How can you not apply that kill shot? Weak. Pathetic. I could see the third quarter collapse coming and I was 2,000 miles away.

8. I'm sorry, but this team will not win for a long, long time, or ever, with Matt Cassel at the helm. The guy just doesn't have the "QB swagger," that "it" factor that makes the difference in a real leader. You either got it or you don't. He don't. He's not a total pussy like Grbac, but he's not a clutch performer by any stretch. He's got plenty of Grbac Pants Wetting in him, and he's got a healty dose of Bono Stupid in him. You CANNOT throw that pick at the end of the first half. Especially after struggling in the red zone the entire first half. And he doesn't really seem to get it, either. When Adam Teicher interviewed him in the Star, and asked him about the change in momentum, Cassel said "I don't think we ever felt it was slipping away." You'd have to be STUPID to go play in that third quarter and not acknowledge the change in momentum. And how about from being up 10-0 to being down 14-13? That might have been a clue, Einstein. Better answer would have been "Yes, the momentum changed, and I knew we had better do something to get it back." He actually did that by hitting Bowe for the go ahead TD, but as we've said before, Bowe gives, Bowe takes away. And when you get the ball first in OT, you have to make it count. Not throw short of the sticks -his Bill Kenney quality again- on third down. It's just stupidity and lack of a killer instinct. Final thought: Cassel would make some team a dandy backup. Like, say, New England. He should be dealt for a second or third round pick, and move on to the next candidate. I don't want to suffer with this guy for two or three more years before a change is made. It's Bill Kenney all over again. You guys have to trust me on this one. It's got to change to get to the next level. Period.

7. Back to Bowe. In the Indy Game, he was a goat. In the Jacksonville game, he was a hero. Yesterday he was both. He makes the catch to get the lead back in the fourth quarter. That was big. What was bigger was dropping the pass that would have let the Chiefs run out the clock and win. See, that's the thing about Bowe. You just aren't getting what you bought from the guy. First round pick, supposed to be a game changer. He changed the game all right. Deal him for a second or third round pick, pick somebody else in the upcoming draft, move on. He'll never be a guy you can rely on. I like Bowe, but the truth can be hard to face.

6. KC almost out-Raidered the Raiders. As Mellinger's column said today, Raiders had 15 penalties, three turnovers and missed a field goal and STILL WON. He wraps all the ugliness up nicely. You can read his full column here:
http://tinyurl.com/3azwqvt
The Chiefs have played to the level of their competition two weeks in a row now. Barely squeaking by on the last play in OT to beat the WORST team in the NFL (Buffalo) and crapping the bed, playing penalty riddled football, turning the ball over, and losing in OT to the most mistake prone team in the NFL. Brutal. If the Chiefs play Chiefs football, and stick with it, they win. Instead, they get pulled into the muck, and down in the gutter, with Raider football. Never sink to the level of your enemy, especially when the enemy has commitment to excrement.

5. Let's talk about the ground game a bit. Thomas Jones averaged 1.7 yards per carry. And he came up short at least three times on third and one. Why? A couple reasons. One: Fat Albert and Grimace were getting owned all day by Richard Seymour. Grimace had possibly his worst game ever as a Chiefs guard. Seymour was slapping him around like Ike on Tina Turner. Also, if you're going to play ground control football, why do you INACTIVATE MIKE COX? This guy has been BY FAR your best lead blocker, and you STILL try to run Jones short yardage without him? Not only that, but you try it time and time and time again with the same results? The Raiders defense deserves some credit, especially since they played the entire game without their best corner, and they lost their middle linebacker in the first half to injury.

4. This game Charles again showed signs that he has durability issues. He got beat up in the second half. This is why he doesn't get more carries. The coaching staff doesn't want to grind him into the turf like a cigarette butt. And how bout those classy Raider fans cheering when Charles got up limping? I don't think Chiefs fans have ever cheered for an injury, even when Elway got knocked around at Arrowhead. Their fans are scum. Worse than Eagle fans. And that's saying something.

3. The illegal block call on Berry on Arenas punt return TD was BS. They didn't show the replay on the broadcast, but if you go back and look, Berry has his head in front of the guy he blocked. I won't go on about the incompetence of this ref crew, plenty has been said on that already. Both teams got jobbed by the refs at times. The whole first half felt like it should have been played out by a bunch of lawyers. There was nothing but appeals, and hearings, and meetings. I think it really helped kill the Chiefs momentum, especially right before the half.

2. People had said during the time leading up to the game "Oh, this isn't really a rivalry any more. We hate Denver, the Raiders don't matter, blah blah blah blah..."
I hope if we take anything away from this game it is this: The Raiders are the anti-Kansas City. They are everything we loathe. They are poor sports. They cheat. Their owner is an asshole. Their stadium is an toilet. Their fans are boorish, foul mouthed, sociopathic, riot loving wastes of skin. They exist solely to serve as a road block to our success. Take a look at the picture below of Robert Gallery laughing at us. That was on the front page of the KC Star this morning. Take a good look. We should not only attempt to beat these pukes every time we play them, but beat them and demoralize them as much as possible, with no mercy, and no remorse. If you love your Chiefs, you must never have anything but contempt for the Oakland Raiders and everything they stand for. Good and evil do exist in this world, and sometimes evil wins a battle. We will have one more shot at them in January to make things right. Let's hope that game will still mean something when the time comes.

1. I fear that "it is what it is." The good news is, at the halfway point, KC is 5-3 and in first place. We've already won more games than last year. Bad news is, to end up where everyone thought we'd be, we may go 3-5 the rest of the way to finish at 8-8. And that would be considered "progress." It's not wrong to want more, especially because we've seen this team can compete, and all the teams in the NFL have warts. Nobody is clearly head and shoulders better than anybody else. It's just a damn shame that they haven't learned how to win games like this, apply a kill shot, and take away the opponent's hope. For Chiefs fans, it's the same movie over and over again. If KC goes to Denver and plays like crap and loses again -which at this point is certainly NOT out of the question- then I think we'll all have to just say "we're still clearly in building mode." We'll see. But damn, this could have been a true statement game, and it got away for no good reason. Perhaps that is our lot as Chiefs fans: Lucy endlessly pulling the football away.

Photos from the KC Star Website are here:
http://tinyurl.com/284r534

The Franchise
11-08-2010, 11:48 AM
I wouldn't trade Bowe. Bowe is what he is.....a good #2 WR. We need to get a #1 WR on this team.

Green/Baldwin/Floyd

Bowe

McCluster

LaChapelle
11-08-2010, 11:51 AM
Does Lechler hit the smelling salts just before every punt
that was a rather strange thing to see

pr_capone
11-08-2010, 11:54 AM
7. Back to Bowe. In the Indy Game, he was a goat. In the Jacksonville game, he was a hero. Yesterday he was both. He makes the catch to get the lead back in the fourth quarter. That was big. What was bigger was dropping the pass that would have let the Chiefs run out the clock and win. See, that's the thing about Bowe. You just aren't getting what you bought from the guy. First round pick, supposed to be a game changer. He changed the game all right. Deal him for a second or third round pick, pick somebody else in the upcoming draft, move on. He'll never be a guy you can rely on. I like Bowe, but the truth can be hard to face.

:thumb:

been saying this for over a season now. just can't trust that he is gonna make the catch when it matters most.

JTagg7754
11-08-2010, 11:56 AM
Does Lechler hit the smelling salts just before every punt
that was a rather strange thing to see

I believe he does do this often.

To OP: Bitching about officiating is rather pointless as I can counter w/ the first PI call that Johnson had where he actually turned and made a pretty good defensive play but somehow got called for a PI. I didn't see a damn thing that was PI there. Sure they were touching each other but it was as much the WR as it was the CB.

mikey23545
11-08-2010, 11:58 AM
I wouldn't trade Bowe. Bowe is what he is.....a good #2 WR. We need to get a #1 WR on this team.

Green/Baldwin/Floyd

Bowe

McCluster

OH, BULLSHIT...

Even a fucking #2 receiver has to be able to catch...Getting open doesn't matter, downfield blocking doesn't matter, catching meaningless passes in the first quarter doesn't matter IF YOU CAN'T CATCH THE FUCKING PASS THAT WILL WIN THE FUCKING GAME!!!!

Donger
11-08-2010, 12:01 PM
Do you ever have games where you can really only think of seven or eight things, and have to make stuff up to get to ten?

gblowfish
11-08-2010, 12:09 PM
Do you ever have games where you can really only think of seven or eight things, and have to make stuff up to get to ten?

Well, that's a good question.

Maybe next time I'll make that one of my ten things.

Chief Henry
11-08-2010, 12:09 PM
Must read every Monday.

I had to leave the house last night after the game. I found myself so upset that i went and washed my wifes suburban. While I grabbed the keys, i realized I had not cared about the chiefs in several years and a loss hurts again. The losses had not hurt for several seasons.

The int before halftime was brutal.
The penalties were brutal.
Bowes dropped pass was brutal.
The special teams play was brutal.

Just Passin' By
11-08-2010, 12:11 PM
"I don't think we ever felt it was slipping away."

Nothing at all wrong with that line, in the context of yesterday's game. Frankly, it's what you hope to hear from your team and quarterback in those situations.

Beef Supreme
11-08-2010, 12:21 PM
Nice write-up. I mostly agree. They had so many opportunities to put this game away and failed repeatedly. The Chiefs always seem to be like this, even some of the best teams of the 90's. They play bad with the lead. They let teams hang around and stay in the game instead of delivering the kill shot. It often bites them in the ass.

This game was a so frustrating. From play calling to penalties to bad execution, the whole team shit the bed on this one.

JTagg7754
11-08-2010, 12:26 PM
Must read every Monday.

I had to leave the house last night after the game. I found myself so upset that i went and washed my wifes suburban. While I grabbed the keys, i realized I had not cared about the chiefs in several years and a loss hurts again. The losses had not hurt for several seasons.

The int before halftime was brutal.
The penalties were brutal.
Bowes dropped pass was brutal.
The special teams play was brutal.

You forgot about how bad Brandon Flowers was.

gblowfish
11-08-2010, 12:28 PM
You forgot about how bad Brandon Flowers was.

I hate to say this, but you have to give Jacoby Ford some credit. He made a tough catch at clutch time. Something our guys, oh say a guy who wears #82, couldn't do.

Never should have come to that. We got the ball first in OT. So we had our chance. In OT it's put up or shut up.

If you don't see Flowers as a vastly improved corner this year, you're not really paying attention.

Chiefnj2
11-08-2010, 12:29 PM
Don't punt in overtime.

ROYC75
11-08-2010, 12:31 PM
THE SKY IS FALLING, EVERYBODY RUN FOR YOUR LIVES.

JTagg7754
11-08-2010, 12:33 PM
I hate to say this, but you have to give Jacoby Ford some credit. He made a tough catch at clutch time. Something our guys, oh say a guy who wears #82, couldn't do.

Never should have come to that. We got the ball first in OT. So we had our chance. In OT it's put up or shut up.

If you don't see Flowers as a vastly improved corner this year, you're not really paying attention.

I will give Ford credit but there's no way Flowers should get burnt that bad by a 4th round rookie.

For the record, I did a preseason CB ranking over on the Raider's board. I had Flowers as my 4th overall CB behind Nnamdi (obviously he's the best and it's not even close), Revis, and Woodson.

gblowfish
11-08-2010, 12:35 PM
THE SKY IS FALLING, EVERYBODY RUN FOR YOUR LIVES.

Is that why you have 15 "chicken littles" in your sig line?
Very appropriate.

Ebolapox
11-08-2010, 12:41 PM
let's be honest: we're a year away IF cassel can develop into a franchise guy. we'll never get there (besides replacing cassel) IF cassel never develops into that guy.

TheGuardian
11-08-2010, 12:41 PM
And how bout those classy Raider fans cheering when Charles got up limping? I don't think Chiefs fans have ever cheered for an injury, even when Elway got knocked around at Arrowhead. Their fans are scum. Worse than Eagle fans. And that's saying something.

No no, Raider fans who post here will tell you they aren't like that. That it is a select few.

Bullshit. Someone should call in Sean Connory and Nic Cage and have those Marines nerve gas that stadium after the opposing team has left.

That fan base is a disgrace to the NFL and human beings. Fuck them and that team and I hope their bus goes off a cliff into an aids tree forrest fire.

gblowfish
11-08-2010, 12:43 PM
let's be honest: we're a year away IF cassel can develop into a franchise guy. we'll never get there (besides replacing cassel) IF cassel never develops into that guy.

I agree, I'm not saying we go to the Super Bowl this year despite Cassel. But we'll never be much better than a .500 team if he keeps playing like this. I'm just saying make the change next year, and save a couple years in the process.

TheGuardian
11-08-2010, 12:44 PM
I will give Ford credit but there's no way Flowers should get burnt that bad by a 4th round rookie.

For the record, I did a preseason CB ranking over on the Raider's board. I had Flowers as my 4th overall CB behind Nnamdi (obviously he's the best and it's not even close), Revis, and Woodson.

that's because you are a raider homer.

Deberg_1990
11-08-2010, 12:46 PM

Ive seen enough now to confidently say, he will never be that guy. Hes not awful but hes awfully average. Hes not a guy who can make every throw and he limits a teams playbook.

I think Jason Campbell is mostly garbage, but there is no way Cassel could have made that deep throw to Ford yesterday. It would have come up short.

Chiefnj2
11-08-2010, 12:48 PM
Cassel has been in the league long enough to know you have to throw past the first down marker on 3rd down in overtime. Inexcusable bad pass, pattern and playcall.

DBOSHO
11-08-2010, 12:49 PM
I dont understand cassel.

He makes a few throws that are impressive, and the next play,im like "what the fuck was that?"

the Talking Can
11-08-2010, 12:56 PM
Ten Things About Last Night's Game

8. I'm sorry, but this team will not win for a long, long time, or ever, with Matt Cassel at the helm. The guy just doesn't have the "QB swagger," that "it" factor that makes the difference in a real leader. You either got it or you don't. He don't. He's not a total pussy like Grbac, but he's not a clutch performer by any stretch. He's got plenty of Grbac Pants Wetting in him, and he's got a healty dose of Bono Stupid in him. You CANNOT throw that pick at the end of the first half. Especially after struggling in the red zone the entire first half. And he doesn't really seem to get it, either. When Adam Teicher interviewed him in the Star, and asked him about the change in momentum, Cassel said "I don't think we ever felt it was slipping away." You'd have to be STUPID to go play in that third quarter and not acknowledge the change in momentum. And how about from being up 10-0 to being down 14-13? That might have been a clue, Einstein. Better answer would have been "Yes, the momentum changed, and I knew we had better do something to get it back." He actually did that by hitting Bowe for the go ahead TD, but as we've said before, Bowe gives, Bowe takes away. And when you get the ball first in OT, you have to make it count. Not throw short of the sticks -his Bill Kenney quality again- on third down. It's just stupidity and lack of a killer instinct. Final thought: Cassel would make some team a dandy backup. Like, say, New England. He should be dealt for a second or third round pick, and move on to the next candidate. I don't want to suffer with this guy for two or three more years before a change is made. It's Bill Kenney all over again. You guys have to trust me on this one. It's got to change to get to the next level. Period.

2. People had said during the time leading up to the game "Oh, this isn't really a rivalry any more. We hate Denver, the Raiders don't matter, blah blah blah blah..."
I hope if we take anything away from this game it is this: The Raiders are the anti-Kansas City. They are everything we loathe. They are poor sports. They cheat. Their owner is an asshole. Their stadium is an toilet. Their fans are boorish, foul mouthed, sociopathic, riot loving wastes of skin. They exist solely to serve as a road block to our success. Take a look at the picture below of Robert Gallery laughing at us. That was on the front page of the KC Star this morning. Take a good look. We should not only attempt to beat these pukes every time we play them, but beat them and demoralize them as much as possible, with no mercy, and no remorse. If you love your Chiefs, you must never have anything but contempt for the Oakland Raiders and everything they stand for. Good and evil do exist in this world, and sometimes evil wins a battle. We will have one more shot at them in January to make things right. Let's hope that game will still mean something when the time comes.

Photos from the KC Star Website are here:
http://tinyurl.com/284r534

not enough rep in the world for this....i have man love for you right now

The Bad Guy
11-08-2010, 12:57 PM
No no, Raider fans who post here will tell you they aren't like that. That it is a select few.

Bullshit. Someone should call in Sean Connory and Nic Cage and have those Marines nerve gas that stadium after the opposing team has left.

That fan base is a disgrace to the NFL and human beings. **** them and that team and I hope their bus goes off a cliff into an aids tree forrest fire.

All thugs and wanna be tough guys. They all think because they wear black jerseys that they are the baddest.

kaplin42
11-08-2010, 01:01 PM
Gblowfish, I always enjoy your 10 things. And this week I think I agree more than usual on multiple points

8. I think that it’s funny that when the team wins, the line is “You’re such a moron, stop bitching about the horrible play, and just enjoy the win you pathetic piece of crap.” The problem is, sooner or later, horrible play catches up to you, and you cannot keep winning with it still going on. This season, the Chiefs have won in-spite of Matt “Captain Crap my Pants” Cassel. There are so many 3rd down conversions blown this season because he cannot progress through his reads and find an open receiver, even though, a lot of time they are sitting right in front of him, this often results in him throwing into double, triple and quadruple coverage. I’m truly amazed he doesn’t have more picks than he currently has. On top of that, when he does lock on, he is barely ever accurate. How many passes are way above, or way behind or way out in front of the receiver? Even worse yet, is that when the game is on the line, all of these traits get accentuated. His accuracy drops to abysmal levels (hitting the dirt in front of a receiver 5 yds away), and he panics as soon as the ball is hiked, getting happy feet, rushing his throw, and missing the receiver by larger margins than usual. I know that some will say his stats speak for themselves, and that he has had a few good games, but dink and dunk stats don’t really tell you the truth, and the games that he did have that were good, he still crapped himself when the game was on the line (Houston). I hope that Pioli and Haley recognize this, and do something about it in the offseason, because as you said Fish, the Chiefs will never win with Cassel at the helm.

7. I said it last year, and was told by certain people that it was completely normal and that I didn’t know what I was talking about. Wide Receivers drop passes. Last year Bowe had the most dropped passes in the league, and he was suspended for 4 games. Bowe is a talented athlete, there is no doubt, but he is just too much of a liability at crunch time. He should have caught that pass that would have iced the game yesterday; instead, he just let it go. I agree 100% Bowe should be gone, use the pick to get a new WR that maybe actually likes to catch the ball.

3. This is a point about the refs and how terrible they are this year. I wonder how many games would be different if the teams didn’t have to fight the refs and their opponent. Yesterday was just horrible, forgetting down and distance is a joke, ghost penalties that shouldn’t have been called, real penalties that were never called. Both teams must have bounced checks to the refs last week, because they were blowing calls on both sides of the ball.

1. This is the truth. I have loved watching the Chiefs win this year. It really makes Sundays a lot more fun. But if anyone has watched this team for the entire season and thought that they were actual contenders, you either are:

A. Terribly delusional and should seek help immediately, and hope they have drugs strong enough for you.
B. Don’t know the first thing about football, and the level of the competition in the NFL.

While the Chiefs could definitely win the division, it wouldn’t be so much of being the best, and more of sucking the least. In the playoffs, against teams that like the Steelers, New England, and the Jets, the Chiefs would be owned outright and sent packing.
There are a ton of things I love this year about our Chiefs this year. They are competitive, they are disciplined, and the young talent that contributes puts a smile on my face when I think of the years to come. But make no mistake, the Chiefs are still a work in progress, I would expect next year and the year after to be a blast for us fans, but right now it’s still growing pains caused by complete foul ups, like yesterday.

Champ
11-08-2010, 01:05 PM
4. This game Charles again showed signs that he has durability issues. He got beat up in the second half. This is why he doesn't get more carries.

DING DING DING, we have a winner.

I said this all week leading up to the game. Jamaal Charles simply isn't an everydown running back in the National football league. He is, and will forever be a nice change of pace guy.

OctoberFart
11-08-2010, 01:06 PM
It sure is nice when you bring your D game and can scrap out a win like the RAAAAAAIIIIIDERS!!!! did yesterday. I got out of jail just in time on friday to get tickets and go watch the game.

gblowfish
11-08-2010, 01:16 PM
It sure is nice when you bring your D game and can scrap out a win like the RAAAAAAIIIIIDERS!!!! did yesterday. I got out of jail just in time on friday to get tickets and go watch the game.

So, who'd ya have to blow to get out and/or get tix?

JTagg7754
11-08-2010, 01:51 PM

You're way too fucking stupid to understand. Good luck kid.

TheGuardian
11-08-2010, 02:01 PM
You're way too ****ing stupid to understand. Good luck kid.

If you see a kid suck his dick.

I would break my foot square off in your ass.

King_Chief_Fan
11-08-2010, 02:06 PM

this place has been full of raider homo's lately

JTagg7754
11-08-2010, 02:15 PM
this place has been full of raider homo's lately

Bad thing is, I'm neither homer nor homo.

King_Chief_Fan
11-08-2010, 02:18 PM
Bad thing is, I'm neither homer nor homo.

how about homely:D

BigMeatballDave
11-08-2010, 02:32 PM
You forgot about how bad Brandon Flowers was.This was his worse game ever.

gblowfish
11-08-2010, 03:35 PM
Who are these Faider trolls who keep messing up my thread?
Get out.
Stay out.

gblowfish
11-08-2010, 03:35 PM
Get out.
Stay out.

FAX
11-08-2010, 03:41 PM
They are like party crashers at a wake, Mr. gblowfish. You know ... the ones with runny noses who crap their pants while stuffing their pockets with those tiny, little sausages and cheese bits.

FAX

gblowfish
11-08-2010, 03:44 PM
They are like party crashers at a wake, Mr. gblowfish. You know ... the ones with runny noses who crap their pants while stuffing their pockets with those tiny, little sausages and cheese bits.

FAX

And they double dip. That really makes me mad.

KCDC
11-08-2010, 04:46 PM
Good points Blowfish.

A thing that I discovered, as well, is that this loss hurt like Hell. During the Herm years, it didn't bother me if we lost. It meant sending Herm packing. Now that the team has progressed to be competitive, I've resumed screaming at the TV again and getting far too upset to be healthy. This one hurt more than any loss in quite some time. We became the Raiders for a game, allowed Jason Campbell to beat us, and had breakdowns in every aspect of the game.

At least we made it close, I suppose, and we have a chance at redemption with Denver on the road. We'll need some good luck for a change, but it would say a lot if we can win next week. Some wounds from yesterday could heal.

LaChapelle
11-08-2010, 05:13 PM
Get out.
Stay out.

Give'm a break
It took them 8 years to beat the Chiefs in their house
It's their Zima Bowl

Idahojim
11-08-2010, 05:36 PM
It's just one game. A game they should have won. But one game. The rest of the schedule for the Chiefs looks good except for the Titans game. The Raiders on the other hand have only two games on the sked that look like certain wins. Chiefs just need to keep looking forward. Learn the lessons they are taught and keep growing up. They will be fine.

Three7s
11-08-2010, 05:56 PM
The Raiders and Chiefs were both awful. Both teams were capable of much better than that pile of dogshit and if any of them actually played that way yesterday, it would've been a blow out.

Of course, if both decided to actually play good, I may have possibly enjoyed the game. Both Waters and Flowers had their worst games ever.

Raider9175
11-08-2010, 06:02 PM
The Raiders and Chiefs were both awful. Both teams were capable of much better than that pile of dogshit and if any of them actually played that way yesterday, it would've been a blow out.

Of course, if both decided to actually play good, I may have possibly enjoyed the game. Both Waters and Flowers had their worst games ever.

Sad thing is Raiders were out with their Best TE Zach Miller, their two best WR's( Chaz schilens and Louis Murphy) , their best Defender(N Asomugha and lost two starting Defensive players.(r McClain and Tyvon Branch) . Not to mention a big part of their run defense( John Henderson) . Im looking to see what happens in the rematch with all their weapons back.

BigChiefFan
11-08-2010, 06:10 PM
It's just one game. A game they should have won. But one game. The rest of the schedule for the Chiefs looks good except for the Titans game. The Raiders on the other hand have only two games on the sked that look like certain wins. Chiefs just need to keep looking forward. Learn the lessons they are taught and keep growing up. They will be fine.
Agreed. It's one loss, it happens to even the great teams. I think our team has the resilency and chemistry to continue to learn and pursue continued growth and continuity. I'm trying to enjoy the ride, instead of dying with each loss. Our team is on the rise, so I'm not sweating a loss in a game, where the refs were shown more than most players and the weather came into play. We lost, it sucks, but I'm trying to keep some perspective on the entire season. We're still in first place and some are acting like someone kicked their dog.

Three7s
11-08-2010, 06:16 PM
Sad thing is Raiders were out with their Best TE Zach Miller, their two best WR's( Chaz schilens and Louis Murphy) , their best Defender(N Asomugha and lost two starting Defensive players.(r McClain and Tyvon Branch) . Not to mention a big part of their run defense( John Henderson) . Im looking to see what happens in the rematch with all their weapons back.
Yep, and on the other side, the Chiefs lost McCluster and Kendrick Lewis. I would have loved to have Lewis in there because McGraw is a waste of time, despite his INT.

Both teams had injuries, but it may have been a better game if everyone was healthy.

Raider9175
11-08-2010, 06:22 PM
Yep, and on the other side, the Chiefs lost McCluster and Kendrick Lewis. I would have loved to have Lewis in there because McGraw is a waste of time, despite his INT.

Both teams had injuries, but it may have been a better game if everyone was healthy.

Comeon you have to admit the players Raiders were out were some of the best players at their position in the nFl. Sure Kc missed those two, but were talking diffrent kind of players. Raiders have more than enough speed in their secondary to handle a McCluster.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-08-2010, 06:24 PM
LMAO Best players in the NFL at their position? Then why has that franchise been so long relegated as the worst in all of professional sports? Jesus. Congrats on the win, but try not to get delusional after your first 3 game win streak in 8 years.

TheGuardian
11-08-2010, 06:26 PM
LMAO Best players in the NFL at their position? Then why has that franchise been so long relegated as the worst in all of professional sports? Jesus. Congrats on the win, but try not to get delusional after your first 3 game win streak in 8 years.

No shit. Zach Miller is a fucking nobody. Nnamdi is a good player but he's been picked on this year too. The rest of the guys missing are fucking scrubs.

Raider B
11-08-2010, 06:36 PM
First I am a die hard Raider fan and understand how it feels to root for a team and have them lose. It really sucks, but from an outsiders perspective I prob have the same questions you loyal fans have as well. Also great to see the AFC west back in true form. The NFL is better when the Chiefs and Raiders are good.

1. WHY WHY WHY do you have JC2k ha (Jamaal Charles) and not let him take control of the game? I don't understand the reasoning behind this. I don't buy he was injured. He has proved all season that he can take over games. If he gets the share or the carries your team has a chance to make a deep run. But for God's sake if Todd Haley hasn't figured this out then as a Raider fan I want some of what he's smoking. If you just would have ran it with him in OT the headlines today would be about Jamaal Charles and not Jacoby Ford.

2. No safety help when Ford was burning flowers. When you are getting burnt the whole fourth quarter why not give some safety help for flowers. Doesnt make sense to play that far off him either. He's a small reciever bump him at the line and get physical.

3. Play calling. Why after 1st down in ot you give it to jc he gets 7 yards then give up. If it aint broke don't fix it.

4. Cassell= Cassell. Part of our gameplan was to make him beat us. It is a weakness that must be fixed because everybody knows it. give charles the ball more he will win you games. But, if Haley has a time share you have to have a qb that can make plays and he is not it.

Sorry if this pisses you guys off, not trying to do that. Just wanted your input.

Raider9175
11-08-2010, 06:48 PM

Well because it takes 11 players and not just a couple. n Asomugha and Zach Miller are two players defintely at top of their position. You see the dropoff from the top Asomugha to the next level(B Flowers) .

Lets look at the players missing. Chaz Schilens 6'4 225 is without a doubt Raiders number 1 wr.(NO Raider wr can do what he does) IF Brandon Flowers had trouble with Ford he has no chance against scxhilens whose twenty times the reciever ford is. Louis Murphy 6'2 210 Clearly Raiders number 2 WR. Without Schilens teams being using their number 1 cb and rolling coverage his way. Good luck to a team number 2 Cb against this guy. Now a Dhb or a Jacoby Ford aren't see a Starting caliber CXb buit a nickel Cb. Good luck with that.

Raiders Dline owned the line of scrimmage against the Chiefs oline. You throw a proven run stuffer like Big John Henderson 6'7 335 and you just increase your depth tremendously.(Can keep rotating fresh Dlineman with no dropoff.

How does KC expect to stop this lineup. Chaz schilens and Louis Murphy at WR . With Dhb or Jacoby Ford in slot. TE Zach miller and D Mcfadden as the sole RB. forget the run how are you seriously slowing down that passing game.

Couple other points. Raiders rookies LT Jared Veldheer and MLB Rolando McClain will be alot better with more experience. NOw throw in rookie OT(Bruce Campbell(flat out steal in the fourth round) might be ready to take over RG . Will bring more athlethism and Physicialisty to the Line. Can't wait to come to Raiders second home arrowhead.

TheGuardian
11-08-2010, 06:51 PM
Well because it takes 11 players and not just a couple. n Asomugha and Zach Miller are two players defintely at top of their position. You see the dropoff from the top Asomugha to the next level(B Flowers) .

Zach Miller is not a top tight end. STFU with that nonsense.

Second, Flowers has out played Nnamdi all season long up to this point. Multiple stat sites back that up.

Lets look at the players missing. Chaz Schilens 6'4 225 is without a doubt Raiders number 1 wr.(NO Raider wr can do what he does) IF Brandon Flowers had trouble with Ford he has no chance against scxhilens whose twenty times the reciever ford is. Louis Murphy 6'2 210 Clearly Raiders number 2 WR. Without Schilens teams being using their number 1 cb and rolling coverage his way. Good luck to a team number 2 Cb against this guy. Now a Dhb or a Jacoby Ford aren't see a Starting caliber CXb buit a nickel Cb. Good luck with that.

OMG you are a fucking moron of epic proportions.

Raiders Dline owned the line of scrimmage against the Chiefs oline. You throw a proven run stuffer like Big John Henderson 6'7 335 and you just increase your depth tremendously.(Can keep rotating fresh Dlineman with no dropoff.

How does KC expect to stop this lineup. Chaz schilens and Louis Murphy at WR . With Dhb or Jacoby Ford in slot. TE Zach miller and D Mcfadden as the sole RB. forget the run how are you seriously slowing down that passing game.

Couple other points. Raiders rookies LT Jared Veldheer and MLB Rolando McClain will be alot better with more experience. NOw throw in rookie OT(Bruce Campbell(flat out steal in the fourth round) might be ready to take over RG . Will bring more athlethism and Physicialisty to the Line. Can't wait to come to Raiders second home arrowhead.

You are going to get crushed in Arrowhead. bookmark this post bitch.

Brock
11-08-2010, 06:51 PM
Lets look at the players missing. Chaz Schilens 6'4 225 is without a doubt Raiders number 1 wr.(NO Raider wr can do what he does) .

Start 14 games in 3 years and catch 44 passes? No Raider wr can do that? I'm not surprised by that, just surprised you'd admit it.

BigMeatballDave
11-08-2010, 06:52 PM
First I am a die hard Raider fan and understand how it feels to root for a team and have them lose. It really sucks, but from an outsiders perspective I prob have the same questions you loyal fans have as well. Also great to see the AFC west back in true form. The NFL is better when the Chiefs and Raiders are good.

1. WHY WHY WHY do you have JC2k ha (Jamaal Charles) and not let him take control of the game? I don't understand the reasoning behind this. I don't buy he was injured. He has proved all season that he can take over games. If he gets the share or the carries your team has a chance to make a deep run. But for God's sake if Todd Haley hasn't figured this out then as a Raider fan I want some of what he's smoking. If you just would have ran it with him in OT the headlines today would be about Jamaal Charles and not Jacoby Ford.

2. No safety help when Ford was burning flowers. When you are getting burnt the whole fourth quarter why not give some safety help for flowers. Doesnt make sense to play that far off him either. He's a small reciever bump him at the line and get physical.

3. Play calling. Why after 1st down in ot you give it to jc he gets 7 yards then give up. If it aint broke don't fix it.

4. Cassell= Cassell. Part of our gameplan was to make him beat us. It is a weakness that must be fixed because everybody knows it. give charles the ball more he will win you games. But, if Haley has a time share you have to have a qb that can make plays and he is not it.

Sorry if this pisses you guys off, not trying to do that. Just wanted your input.Good post, dude. rep

CaliforniaChief
11-08-2010, 06:53 PM
Yeah, it's totally hopeless for the Chiefs. God, we're so screwed. The Raiders are a dynasty in waiting. Chaz Schilens is the next coming of Harrisonowensmoss. We should just give you the trophy now...why go through the mess of bloodying each other up, right?

Kind of like welfare. Why should I pay taxes so that Raider fan can eat three square meals and feed Raider fans' 10 children? I should just give you the money and cut out the middleman, right?

Raider9175
11-08-2010, 06:53 PM

Sorry if this pisses you guys off, not trying to do that. Just wanted your input.

Again know what your talking about. No one picked on N Asomugha. Just because you say it dosen't makes it true. Malcom Floyd went off but Asomugha wasn't covering him.

TheGuardian
11-08-2010, 06:54 PM
Again know what your talking about. No one picked on N Asomugha. Just because you say it dosen't makes it true. Malcom Floyd went off but Asomugha wasn't covering him.

yes he was you stupid pussy.

BigMeatballDave
11-08-2010, 06:57 PM
Can't wait to come to Raiders second home arrowhead.2nd home? Sure, you've won 3 straight games there, but did you realize the Raiders had not won at home since 2002?

Raider9175
11-08-2010, 06:59 PM
Zach Miller is not a top tight end. STFU with that nonsense.

Second, Flowers has out played Nnamdi all season long up to this point. Multiple stat sites back that up.

OMG you are a ****ing moron of epic proportions.

You are going to get crushed in Arrowhead. bookmark this post bitch.

Football sites are saying Brandon Flowers is one of the best Cb's. LMao How about watching games. Clearly after yesterday game Brandon Flowers has a long way to go to be considered in N Asomugha class. I bet you won't be seeing those sites make those claims the rest of the season.

A Gates says Zach Miller is one of the best young Tes in the game. ( thats not from a football site but from one of the best at his position)

How many games have the Raiders won at arrowhead recently . I think they are adding a blackhole section in arrowhead since its Raiders second home.

DBOSHO
11-08-2010, 07:01 PM
This loss will only be sweeter with the overconfident raiders coming into arrowhead in week 17 only to get their hearts ripped out with the playoffs on the line.

DBOSHO
11-08-2010, 07:03 PM
Football sites are saying Brandon Flowers is one of the best Cb's. LMao How about watching games. Clearly after yesterday game Brandon Flowers has a long way to go to be considered in N Asomugha class. I bet you won't be seeing those sites make those claims the rest of the season.

A Gates says Zach Miller is one of the best young Tes in the game. ( thats not from a football site but from one of the best at his position)

How many games have the Raiders won at arrowhead recently . I think they are adding a blackhole section in arrowhead since its Raiders second home.

How many cornerbacks in the nfl do you think could cover fords straight line speed?

Lemme guess:

Nnamde
C johnson
Routt
Rolando

Raider9175
11-08-2010, 07:04 PM
yes he was you stupid pussy.

Thanks you are what you eat- I am a Pussy. What does that make you a richard.

Go to NFl.com play by play and you can see how many catches Asomugha gave up to M floyd. Than come back here and admit your ignorance. Face it you really thought BRandon Flowers was this elite Cb. a fourth round wr showed how silly that thought was.

Buehler445
11-08-2010, 07:12 PM
Points number 1 and 2 are particularly on point. I wouldn't trade Bowe. He can do a lot of good for the Chiefs. Cassel cannot. If anyone will give us a 2 we need to do it now.
Posted via Mobile Device

Raider9175
11-08-2010, 07:12 PM
How many cornerbacks in the nfl do you think could cover fords straight line speed?

Lemme guess:

Nnamde
C johnson
Routt
Rolando

Most starting Nfl Cbs should be able to cover Ford straight line speed. How many track stars did Raiders have for years that didn't translate that trackspeed to the football field. (It takes more than straightline speed to play in the NFl at WR) Or you would see teams loading up on Olympic sprinters for their Wr corps.

Alot of Starting CB or Raider cbs would have been up on ford in bump and run. Jam him off the line of scrimmage.(disrupt his route) Your so called elite Cb cough cough Brandon Flowers was playing off of Ford. You see what happens when you have no confidence in your ability. You give a guy with that kind of speed a free reign and you embarrass your self beyond belief. That game just might have cost him any chance at a probowl.

TheGuardian
11-08-2010, 07:13 PM

Go to NFl.com play by play and you can see how many catches Asomugha gave up to M floyd. Than come back here and admit your ignorance. Face it you really thought BRandon Flowers was this elite Cb. a fourth round Cb showed how silly that thought was.

nfl.com won't tell you those things. second, Nnamdi has gotten abused by the Chargers every year because Rivers LIKES to go after him because he thinks his reputation is undeserved. So Gates, Floyd, and Jackson generally take turns running a train on his overrated ass.

Three7s
11-08-2010, 07:13 PM
Most starting Nfl Cbs should be able to cover Ford straight line speed. How many track stars did Raiders have for years that didn't translate that trackspeed to the football field. (It takes more than straightline speed to play in the NFl at WR)

Alot of Starting CB or Raider cbs would have been up on ford in bump and run. Jam him off the line of scrimmage.(disrupt his route) Your so called elite Cb cough cough Brandon Flowers was playing off of Ford. You see what happens when you have no confidence in your ability. You give a guy with that kind of speed a free reign and you embarrass your self beyond belief. That game just might have cost him any chance at a probowl.
I still think he's elite, he just had a bad game. Can't you admit that Ford made some ridiculous catches? If Ford plays like that every game, mark him down in the HOF.

TheGuardian
11-08-2010, 07:14 PM
Most starting Nfl Cbs should be able to cover Ford straight line speed. How many track stars did Raiders have for years that didn't translate that trackspeed to the football field. (It takes more than straightline speed to play in the NFl at WR)

you play off man because f defensive formations in the secondary you idiot. it's like you guys just parrot each other.

Ebolapox
11-08-2010, 07:17 PM
I agree, I'm not saying we go to the Super Bowl this year despite Cassel. But we'll never be much better than a .500 team if he keeps playing like this. I'm just saying make the change next year, and save a couple years in the process.

we're in complete agreement. we have a lot of the pieces in place. hell, if some of our guys really step up and cassel doesn't shit his pants, I see our absolute ceiling this year as a playoff win at home. unfortunatley, that's assuming that cassel turns from shit to gold (I'm COMPLETELY dubious that this will ever happen) and a lot of players step up (and weis remembers how to call a game again)

Raider B
11-08-2010, 07:19 PM

Go to NFl.com play by play and you can see how many catches Asomugha gave up to M floyd. Than come back here and admit your ignorance. Face it you really thought BRandon Flowers was this elite Cb. a fourth round Cb showed how silly that thought was.

does it make you feel better talking shit? You are right about Aso on Floyd but you want to bring up CHAZ?!?!?! he's done what all year. Will he be good when he comes back...Maybe? Flowers will be great but he neesed safety held against Fords speed. PERIOD

Let me add to this argument.

Is miller an elite TE no. He has led us in rec yards well because we really had nobody else. He has the ability to be great just like flowers does at corner.

Aso is a stud and will be a difference maker for us for the rest of the season. But having him in this game would have made no difference. KC is a run 1st team...well usually. So i dont expect having him back in the last game in KC will be the difference maker.

Please never bring up Chaz again just makes us look stupid. We'll see after he comes back from injury.

Raider9175
11-08-2010, 07:20 PM
nfl.com won't tell you those things. second, Nnamdi has gotten abused by the Chargers every year because Rivers LIKES to go after him because he thinks his reputation is undeserved. So Gates, Floyd, and Jackson generally take turns running a train on his overrated ass.

Oh yes they do they tell you who the Cb was in coverage. look it up. Again N" Asomugha sees about 27 balls thrown his way. (thats what he averages the last couple of years) So let me get your argument that the only team that challenges Asomugha is the Chargers. Do the math and you don't know what your talking about. Your Number 1 Wr couldn't do anything on routt what chances does he have on Asomugha. Raiders fifth best Wr (jacoby Ford) who your Best Cb was covering . Raiders didn't try to throw away from him but went after him. http://cdn2.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/687679/74628_aptopix_chiefs_raiders_football.jpg How wasn'tn this not pass interference. (he caught it anyways)

DBOSHO
11-08-2010, 07:22 PM
Most starting Nfl Cbs should be able to cover Ford straight line speed. How many track stars did Raiders have for years that didn't translate that trackspeed to the football field. (It takes more than straightline speed to play in the NFl at WR) Or you would see teams loading up on Olympic sprinters for their Wr corps.

Answer the question

Which cornerbacks do you think could run stride for stride with ford in the NFL

TheGuardian
11-08-2010, 07:23 PM
Oh yes they do they tell you who the Cb was in coverage. look it up. Again N" Asomugha sees about 27 balls thrown his way. (thats what he averages the last couple of years) So let me get your argument that the only team that challenges Asomugha is the Chargers. Do the math and you don't know what your talking about. Your Number 1 Wr couldn't do anything on routt what chances does he have on Asomugha.

Only because he dropped passes. Not because Routte did anything. routte sucks ass too. Just like the rest of that roster.

Three7s
11-08-2010, 07:24 PM
does it make you feel better talking shit? You are right about Aso on Floyd but you want to bring up CHAZ?!?!?! he's done what all year. Will he be good when he comes back...Maybe? Flowers will be great but he neesed safety held against Fords speed. PERIOD

Is miller an elite TE no. He has led us in rec yards well because we really had nobody else. He has the ability to be great just like flowers does at corner.

Aso is a stud and will be a difference maker for us for the rest of the season. But having him in this game would have made no difference. KC is a run 1st team...well usually. So i dont expect having him back in the last game in KC will be the difference maker.

Please never bring up Chaz again just makes us look stupid. We'll see after he comes back from injury.
I never thought I'd say this, but you're a Raiders fan with common sense. Sounds like you know a thing or two about football too!

Buehler445
11-08-2010, 07:26 PM

I don't know anyone here that doesn't agree with you. Particularly on the JC stuff.
Posted via Mobile Device

Raider B
11-08-2010, 07:31 PM
Answer the question

Which cornerbacks do you think could run stride for stride with ford in the NFL

Good point NOBODY. Clemson track star as well. The fastest combine speed last year. But the solution is rather simple which is what baffles me. Either saftey help or bump him on the line he is a small guy.

Raider9175
11-08-2010, 07:42 PM

Anyone who knows the Raiders knows Chaz schilens is the Raiders best WR. No Wr has the package this guy has. He the biggest Wr, who runs the best route and has the best hands. See Jerry MCdonald. Like with D Mcfadden just because he wasn't healthy his first couple of years shouldn't dictate what he capable of being when healthy. Chaz Schilens is going to be a big addition to this offense down the stretch. Only question with him can he stay healthy.(the same question with Mcfadden)

Zach Miller is an elite TE. Raiders Wr corp being banged up has drawn more coverage his way. He was on pace right behind A gates this year before battling an arch injury that has limited him.

OF course Having N Asomugha back makes a big diffrence. Even against a running team like the chiefs . Especialy when the Raiders controlled the Chiefs rushing attack. You see when you put Asomugha on Bowe and you can move other defenders on say on the TE or the Rb coming out of backfield. .

Raider9175
11-08-2010, 07:50 PM
Good point NOBODY. Clemson track star as well. The fastest combine speed last year. But the solution is rather simple which is what baffles me. Either saftey help or bump him on the line he is a small guy.

Has nothing to do with height. Jacoby Ford is well put together Wr. That man is cut. There is a reason he can go in traffic and make a catch. This guy isn't a track star trying to play football. This is a football player with track speed. Big diffrence. Hue jackson would just have put Ford in Motion to avoid the jam if that proved to be a problem. How do you think Chiefs were doing a pretty good job on raiders running game. Thats what you give up when you put that many players in thew box.

Raider9175
11-08-2010, 07:55 PM
you play off man because f defensive formations in the secondary you idiot. it's like you guys just parrot each other.

Well play off of Raideres wrs(Dhb, Ford , L Murphy,) and don't be supprised when they run right past your Cbs again and again. ROFL

Raider B
11-08-2010, 07:56 PM
Anyone who knows the Raiders knows Chaz schilens is the Raiders best WR. No Wr has the package this guy has. He the biggest Wr, who runs the best route and has the best hands. See Jerry MCdonald. Like with D Mcfadden just because he wasn't healthy his first couple of years shouldn't dictate what he capable of being when healthy. Chaz Schilens is going to be a big addition to this offense down the stretch. Only question with him can he stay healthy.(the same question with Mcfadden)

Zach Miller is an elite TE. Raiders Wr corp being banged up has drawn more coverage his way. He was on pace right behind A gates this year before battling an arch injury that has limited him.

OF course Having N Asomugha back makes a big diffrence. Even against a running team like the chiefs . Especialy when the Raiders controlled the Chiefs rushing attack. You see when you put Asomugha on Bowe and you can move other defenders on say on the TE or the Rb coming out of backfield. .

I thought our pass D was just fine yeterday with cj and stanford. Except for the blown coverage on the TD. We have great depth. Ro and Tyvon went out and MM34 came in nice.

I think having Miller, Aso, Murphy and Henderson will be huge but Chaz not sure after this injury and re injury doesnt sound good.

Either way if we stay healthy and can stop charles in charge then I do not see Matt beating us in arrowhead. But if Haley wakes up and feeds the ball to Charles it should be a game to remember.....

Raider B
11-08-2010, 08:00 PM
Has nothing to do with height. Jacoby Ford is well put together Wr. That man is cut. There is a reason he can go in traffic and make a catch. This guy isn't a track star trying to play football. This is a football player with track speed. Big diffrence. Hue jackson would just have put Ford in Motion to avoid the jam if that proved to be a problem. How do you think Chiefs were doing a pretty good job on raiders running game. Thats what you give up when you put that many players in thew box.

2009 60 meter NCAA CHAMP

TRACK STAR DUDE CMON. BUT has great hands and finds the ball. Dont get me wrong I love him just as much as you but he is a track star as well.

Raider9175
11-08-2010, 08:12 PM
I thought our pass D was just fine yeterday with cj and stanford. Except for the blown coverage on the TD. We have great depth. Ro and Tyvon went out and MM34 came in nice.

I think having Miller, Aso, Murphy and Henderson will be huge but Chaz not sure after this injury and re injury doesnt sound good.

Either way if we stay healthy and can stop charles in charge then I do not see Matt beating us in arrowhead. But if Haley wakes up and feeds the ball to Charles it should be a game to remember.....

Chiefs have no chance if Raiders do what they did yesterday. Control the line of scrimmage and Chiefs running game. Charles can't carry the load full time, he a change of pace back. (Very dangerous one at that) what they need is an upgrade from someone like Thomas Jones to compliment Charles better. Against this Raider team a back like Jones isn't going to hurt the Raiders. Raiders have more trouble with the Charles type.(has a chance to break a big one)

Raiders are still a Olb away from having a dominate defense. (why they are more suspectible to charles type) Rolando Mclain going to be a good one with more experience. Hopefully Travis goethel can come in and possible solve the Wlb position. Q Groves is a nice player to have but I don;t think hes starting material.

Getting asomugha backs lets you put a Huff maybe oi the Te(who did alot of damge)

notorious
11-08-2010, 08:19 PM
ROFL

The Raiders win one game, in overtime, at home to a Chiefs team that came off of an overtime game the week before and suddenly they are the self-proclaimed dominate team in the AFC West.

This is going to be a fun one to come back to in a few weeks :facepalm:.

Raider9175
11-08-2010, 08:24 PM
2009 60 meter NCAA CHAMP

TRACK STAR DUDE CMON. BUT has great hands and finds the ball. Dont get me wrong I love him just as much as you but he is a track star as well.

Comeon you know as well as anyone how many Real fast track guys raiders have had that didn't masterilize into NFl Wr's. They were track guys trying to play football. Jacoby Ford has legitimate football skills with Track speed. There is a big diffrence. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITEV2qt-90U

Raider9175
11-08-2010, 08:29 PM
ROFL

The Raiders win one game, in overtime, at home to a Chiefs team that came off of an overtime game the week before and suddenly they are the self-proclaimed dominate team in the AFC West.

This is going to be a fun one to come back to in a few weeks :facepalm:.

No Raiders were able to win a game with some very key players out. Not to mention Raiders dline dominated Chiefs oline. Again no small feat as they were the best rushing team coming into this game.

notorious
11-08-2010, 08:37 PM
Raiders dline dominated Chiefs oline. Again no small feat as they were the best rushing team coming into this game.

I agree.

gblowfish
11-08-2010, 08:42 PM
We'll see who's healthy on January 2nd and who isn't.
And we'll see how well you California boys play in sub zero weather, most likely.

el borracho
11-08-2010, 08:44 PM
Comeon you know as well as anyone how many Real fast track guys raiders have had that didn't masterilize into NFl Wr's. They were track guys trying to play football. Jacoby Ford has legitimate football skills with Track speed. There is a big diffrence. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITEV2qt-90U

It truly is a shame when guys fail to masterilize. Guys like Jamarcus, for example: Great at mastication, but never did masterilize. Pity.

Oh, and sincere congrats on the win and second place in the pitiful AFCW at the midway point. IMO, you should definitely enjoy it while you can. Road gets a lot tougher for the Raiders from here to the end and I think they'll finish third in the west and no playoffs.

TheGuardian
11-08-2010, 08:45 PM
Chiefs have no chance if Raiders do what they did yesterday. Control the line of scrimmage and Chiefs running game. Charles can't carry the load full time, he a change of pace back. (Very dangerous one at that) what they need is an upgrade from someone like Thomas Jones to compliment Charles better. Against this Raider team a back like Jones isn't going to hurt the Raiders. Raiders have more trouble with the Charles type.(has a chance to break a big one)

Raiders are still a Olb away from having a dominate defense. (why they are more suspectible to charles type) Rolando Mclain going to be a good one with more experience. Hopefully Travis goethel can come in and possible solve the Wlb position. Q Groves is a nice player to have but I don;t think hes starting material.

Getting asomugha backs lets you put a Huff maybe oi the Te(who did alot of damge)

The wet ground had more to do with stopping the Chiefs run than the Raiders defense.

I can't wait to get that defense again in normal conditions in Arrowhead.

Can't

Wait

DeezNutz
11-08-2010, 08:58 PM
The wet ground had more to do with stopping the Chiefs run than the Raiders defense.

I can't wait to get that defense again in normal conditions in Arrowhead.

Can't

Wait

I agree that the Chiefs should dominate, as they should have yesterday. But I will say one thing about the Raiders D: Seymour is a fucking beast.

FAX
11-08-2010, 09:01 PM
I agree that the Chiefs should dominate, as they should have yesterday. But I will say one thing about the Raiders D: Seymour is a ****ing beast.

After the game, Haley ...

Said Seymour forced them to chang their gameplan all by himself.

Said he was disruptive.

Said we can't allow one player to do that anymore.

Said ****ing ****stick ****ity **** ****ers.

FAX

DeezNutz
11-08-2010, 09:11 PM

Said he was disruptive.

FAX

Yeah, but that's the rub when it comes HOF players; they don't tend to care what opposing coaches will or will not allow.

TheGuardian
11-08-2010, 09:17 PM
I agree that the Chiefs should dominate, as they should have yesterday. But I will say one thing about the Raiders D: Seymour is a ****ing beast.

Well he shows up for 1 or 2 games a year so I guess we got one of em.

Marcellus
11-08-2010, 09:18 PM

Said he was disruptive.

FAX

It appears to me NE could use him right about now.

Hootie
11-08-2010, 11:27 PM
I was at the game...

Raiders fans were doing the GoChiefs "stay down bitch!" and cheering their asses off when Charles went down.

Kid you not...no one hid their feelings...they were cheering like crazy.

Reerun_KC
11-08-2010, 11:37 PM
I was at the game...

Raiders fans were doing the GoChiefs "stay down bitch!" and cheering their asses off when Charles went down.

Karma for all the stupid shit gochiefs dumbass does here. Sometimes I think he would make the perfect raider fan.

Ugly Duck
11-08-2010, 11:53 PM
Zach Miller is a ****ing nobody.

Daniel Graham is the ****ing nobody.... TE Ranking from NFL.com:

#1 Antonio Gates, SD
#5 Zach Miller, OAK
#13 Tony Moeaki, KC
#60 Daniel Graham, DEN

BigMeatballDave
11-08-2010, 11:55 PM
I was at the game...

Kid you not...no one hid their feelings...they were cheering like crazy.Not surprising. They will get theirs. They will be lucky to finish 7-9

crazycoffey
11-08-2010, 11:57 PM

as always, I love your 10 points. And same with this week, but I wanted to comment on these two points. I've been seeing more and more that Cassel is losing my confidence this year. I'm even willing to see where Brodie is (disclaimer - if he's picking up the playbook as well as Matt) compared to living with Matt's incompetence the rest of this year. Either way, Matt has to go, you're right, he's missing too many intangibles, and the fire to be our QB. He's even failing at being a "managing QB". Write the check, I'm done with Cassel.

Bowe, on the other hand, I'm not as sold on shipping out as much as you. Frustration may have filled your post, as frustration may be filling his play. Yes he has too many drops, but he's not cannon fodder just yet. I'm willing to concede he MAY be, but I'm not as sold as I am on Cassel.

Anyway, love your takes, let's keep our heads up and bounce back as a team.

crazycoffey
11-09-2010, 12:00 AM
I was at the game...

heard it WELL on national TV.
You stay classy raider pussies.
I hope it's not just me/us/chief fans....

aturnis
11-09-2010, 12:16 AM
Not that I don't appreciate your post's, and insight. B/c I really do, but you need to shorten this to like "5 things about yesterdays game.." Putting all of the irrelevant to football stuff in a large "Hey" type paragraph up top, so I can skip it if I choose to. Sometimes, I'm strapped for time and want to get all I can out of this quickly.

crazycoffey
11-09-2010, 12:26 AM
Not that I don't appreciate your post's, and insight. B/c I really do, but you need to shorten this to like "5 things about yesterdays game.." Putting all of the irrelevant to football stuff in a large "Hey" type paragraph up top, so I can skip it if I choose to. Sometimes, I'm strapped for time and want to get all I can out of this quickly.

Seriously, if your life is so involved that you can't read this OP, then don't ever read ESPN's Easterbrook's TMQ, or King's MMQB, or even bother opening the browser to Chief's Planet; because you are officially more important than Dane, go live the dream that the rest of us long for. Don't even bother watching the game for yourself, just watch the highlights on NFL network. Tell Justin Bieber we all say hi.....

the Talking Can
11-09-2010, 04:32 AM

yeah, no.....

SPchief
11-09-2010, 08:44 AM

You're so important that you want Gblowfish to change his posts?

InChiefsHeaven
11-09-2010, 08:59 AM

Um...this is kind of a dumbass thing to say.

Hammock Parties
11-09-2010, 09:59 AM
aturnis probably wants me to stop captioning gifs, too....

gblowfish
11-09-2010, 10:07 AM

Here's the abridged, condensed version for my "Ten Things Post" for CPers like aturnis with ADD, who don't like reading all that much:

Ten Things About Last Night's Game (speed metal version):

5. Sunday Night I was really pissed off. Monday Morning slightly less pissed off. I feel like yelling a lot.

4. Cassel must go. Bowe must go too.

3. Why deactivate Mike Cox? We run behind him.

2. The Raiders and their fans are bad people.

1. We'll finish the year 8-8 probably.

Champ
11-09-2010, 11:00 AM

Chief fans thought I was lying when I said that Seymour is playing better in Oakland than he ever did in New England.

He is the best defensive lineman in the NFL, hands down. He abused Brian Waters, Casey Wigman all day.

JTagg7754
11-09-2010, 11:02 AM
I agree that the Chiefs should dominate, as they should have yesterday. But I will say one thing about the Raiders D: Seymour is a fucking beast.

I was gonna say this but I just choose not to respond to TheGuardian anymore. He's a troll.

I figured there'd be some unbias fan around here that would get it! Thanks for not letting me down haha. If I was capable of repping, I would rep you for the post but I'm not allowed to rep for some reason.

JTagg7754
11-09-2010, 11:04 AM

Do you run this site? Change my setting so I can change my avatar and put a sig up and send people PMs and post public messages and rep people and post URLs and post images and do all these other things I'm incapable of doing.

I mean, you did post what you did so I'm assuming you're a HUGE deal around here. Thanks Mr. Chief's Planet!!!! You're da bomb!

milkman
11-09-2010, 11:13 AM
Gblowfish, I always enjoy your 10 things. And this week I think I agree more than usual on multiple points

8. I think that it’s funny that when the team wins, the line is “You’re such a moron, stop bitching about the horrible play, and just enjoy the win you pathetic piece of crap.” The problem is, sooner or later, horrible play catches up to you, and you cannot keep winning with it still going on. This season, the Chiefs have won in-spite of Matt “Captain Crap my Pants” Cassel. There are so many 3rd down conversions blown this season because he cannot progress through his reads and find an open receiver, even though, a lot of time they are sitting right in front of him, this often results in him throwing into double, triple and quadruple coverage. I’m truly amazed he doesn’t have more picks than he currently has. On top of that, when he does lock on, he is barely ever accurate. How many passes are way above, or way behind or way out in front of the receiver? Even worse yet, is that when the game is on the line, all of these traits get accentuated. His accuracy drops to abysmal levels (hitting the dirt in front of a receiver 5 yds away), and he panics as soon as the ball is hiked, getting happy feet, rushing his throw, and missing the receiver by larger margins than usual. I know that some will say his stats speak for themselves, and that he has had a few good games, but dink and dunk stats don’t really tell you the truth, and the games that he did have that were good, he still crapped himself when the game was on the line (Houston). I hope that Pioli and Haley recognize this, and do something about it in the offseason, because as you said Fish, the Chiefs will never win with Cassel at the helm.

7. I said it last year, and was told by certain people that it was completely normal and that I didn’t know what I was talking about. Wide Receivers drop passes. Last year Bowe had the most dropped passes in the league, and he was suspended for 4 games. Bowe is a talented athlete, there is no doubt, but he is just too much of a liability at crunch time. He should have caught that pass that would have iced the game yesterday; instead, he just let it go. I agree 100% Bowe should be gone, use the pick to get a new WR that maybe actually likes to catch the ball.

3. This is a point about the refs and how terrible they are this year. I wonder how many games would be different if the teams didn’t have to fight the refs and their opponent. Yesterday was just horrible, forgetting down and distance is a joke, ghost penalties that shouldn’t have been called, real penalties that were never called. Both teams must have bounced checks to the refs last week, because they were blowing calls on both sides of the ball.

1. This is the truth. I have loved watching the Chiefs win this year. It really makes Sundays a lot more fun. But if anyone has watched this team for the entire season and thought that they were actual contenders, you either are:

A. Terribly delusional and should seek help immediately, and hope they have drugs strong enough for you.
B. Don’t know the first thing about football, and the level of the competition in the NFL.

While the Chiefs could definitely win the division, it wouldn’t be so much of being the best, and more of sucking the least. In the playoffs, against teams that like the Steelers, New England, and the Jets, the Chiefs would be owned outright and sent packing.
There are a ton of things I love this year about our Chiefs this year. They are competitive, they are disciplined, and the young talent that contributes puts a smile on my face when I think of the years to come. But make no mistake, the Chiefs are still a work in progress, I would expect next year and the year after to be a blast for us fans, but right now it’s still growing pains caused by complete foul ups, like yesterday.

I quoted this because I think post really sums up the Chiefs this season.

I do think this team is on the upswing, but I still have no faith in Cassel to lead this team where we want to go, especially in a league that is more QB driven than ever, and that will continue to evolve into an even more QB driven league.

I say this even though I Cassel played well enough to win Sunday.

As for Bowe, we do need to find reliable #1 receiver.
Bowe has the talent to be a very good #2.

But along with a #1 reciever, we also need to find a solid possession receiver.

milkman
11-09-2010, 11:25 AM
Good points Blowfish.

A thing that I discovered, as well, is that this loss hurt like Hell. During the Herm years, it didn't bother me if we lost. It meant sending Herm packing. Now that the team has progressed to be competitive, I've resumed screaming at the TV again and getting far too upset to be healthy. This one hurt more than any loss in quite some time. We became the Raiders for a game, allowed Jason Campbell to beat us, and had breakdowns in every aspect of the game.

At least we made it close, I suppose, and we have a chance at redemption with Denver on the road. We'll need some good luck for a change, but it would say a lot if we can win next week. Some wounds from yesterday could heal.

I've seen this song and dance for 40 years, especially during the Marty years.

Until I think this team has grown into a real contender, not just a pretender, which I think they are and will be until they get a real NFL calibre QB, I don't get too pissed nor upset about these losses.

This is a better team than we've had in the last few years, and they are fun to watch again.

But they aren't real contenders.

FAX
11-09-2010, 11:29 AM
Actually, I was kinda hoping that Mr. gblowfish could condense this deal down to about 2 things ... maybe 3 at most. Say, 2 things when we lose and 3 things when we win. Maybe something like that. Then, maybe 4 things for playoff games.

FAX

FAX
11-09-2010, 12:10 PM
I don't know where to post this and it's not worthy of becoming one of my fabulously interesting thread deals ...

But, people are talking about the 10 second run-off that should have occurred late in the 4th on Sunday. I'm not following this ... can someone please tell me what happened that should have resulted in a 10 second clock run-off?

Thanks in advance.

FAX

the Talking Can
11-09-2010, 12:16 PM
as I only have time to read the planet while jogging with my laptop, could please use only symbols for all future posts

thanks

I don't want to have to ask again, either

PunkinDrublic
11-09-2010, 12:20 PM
I've seen this song and dance for 40 years, especially during the Marty years.

Until I think this team has grown into a real contender, not just a pretender, which I think they are and will be until they get a real NFL calibre QB, I don't get too pissed nor upset about these losses.

This is a better team than we've had in the last few years, and they are fun to watch again.

But they aren't real contenders.

The question to me is does this current front office have it in them to have a successful offseason and get us the talent to put us into contender status or was last offseason a fluke? I think we need to keep in perspective how dogshit this team was until this season.

milkman
11-09-2010, 12:27 PM
Um...this is kind of a dumbass thing to say.

Aturnis is a dumbass, so saying something dumbass is expected.

milkman
11-09-2010, 12:39 PM
The question to me is does this current front office have it in them to have a successful offseason and get us the talent to put us into contender status or was last offseason a fluke? I think we need to keep in perspective how dogshit this team was until this season.

The question is far more simple.

Do they buy into Matt Cassel or do they sell?

Bottomline:QBs win championships in this league now more than ever.

PunkinDrublic
11-09-2010, 12:48 PM
The question is far more simple.

Do they buy into Matt Cassel or do they sell?

Bottomline:QBs win championships in this league now more than ever.

Yeah but it's very rare to find a superstar QB who can win with mediocre recievers. If Dwayne Bowe and Chris Chambers were halfway consistant this team is 7-1. IMO his drops have really demoralized this passing offense.

go bo
11-09-2010, 12:52 PM
sell!!! sell!!!

quick!!!

milkman
11-09-2010, 12:56 PM
Yeah but it's very rare to find a superstar QB who can win with mediocre recievers. If Dwayne Bowe and Chris Chambers were halfway consistant this team is 7-1. IMO his drops have really demoralized this passing offense.

I understand that.

We do need to upgrade other positions on this team, but the most improtant position to upgrade is QB.

DEven if we don't find a superstar QB, we should be able to find a legitimate QB.

You don't need a superstar.

PunkinDrublic
11-09-2010, 01:30 PM
I understand that.

We do need to upgrade other positions on this team, but the most improtant position to upgrade is QB.

DEven if we don't find a superstar QB, we should be able to find a legitimate QB.

You don't need a superstar.

It's really frustrating to think that we could have drafted Sanchez last year but we went with a guy who still misses wide open recievers and continues to make poor reads. Another thing that I'm weary of is finding a center to eventually replace Weigman. We really lucked out that he didn't hit the proverbial wall.

FAX
11-09-2010, 02:24 PM
I don't know where to post this and it's not worthy of becoming one of my fabulously interesting thread deals ...

But, people are talking about the 10 second run-off that should have occurred late in the 4th on Sunday. I'm not following this ... can someone please tell me what happened that should have resulted in a 10 second clock run-off?

Thanks in advance.

FAX

Taking one more shot at finding an answer to this interrogatory.

I've seen people post on this subject, so I know somebody here knows what happened. Come out of the casino and help a poster out.

Did the fade have a penalty or something? I missed the play and I'm not even sure I understand all the rules associated with a 10 second clock run-off.

FAX

Chiefnj2
11-09-2010, 03:12 PM
Taking one more shot at finding an answer to this interrogatory.

I've seen people post on this subject, so I know somebody here knows what happened. Come out of the casino and help a poster out.

Did the fade have a penalty or something? I missed the play and I'm not even sure I understand all the rules associated with a 10 second clock run-off.

FAX

I don't recall exactly, but didn't a chief go down injured for a play with under 2 minutes? Do they run time off for that?

FAX
11-09-2010, 03:15 PM
I don't recall exactly, but didn't a chief go down injured for a play with under 2 minutes? Do they run time off for that?

Only if you have possession, I think.

No, this must have been something the fade did that "should" have resulted in a 10-second run-off. Teicher mentioned it in yesterday's press conference.

It remains a mystery, but if there was a mistake made, this was the officiating crew to do it.

Surely someone will come forward with the answer ... I hope.

FAX

Beef Supreme
11-09-2010, 03:17 PM
The refs decided to review a play in the last 2 minutes that obviously needed no review. Had they not reviewed the play, the clock would have kept running and Oakland would have needed to spike the ball. So they got a free down and several extra seconds that would have ticked off the clock.

Nobody could even figure out what the hell the refs were reviewing. It was an obvious pass and catch for a first down.

SAUTO
11-09-2010, 03:19 PM

we had 2 TOs at that point and had to take one of them

Simply Red
11-09-2010, 03:31 PM

doesn't he run literally a 4.2 forty? seriously, anyone could and eventually WOULD be burned by that much speed.