PDA

View Full Version : Football If you could have one coach in the NFL as your head coach...

Rams Fan
11-08-2010, 03:59 PM
Who would it be?

Jim Jones
11-08-2010, 03:59 PM
Any answer other than Bill Belichick is a fail.

Drwbllz
11-08-2010, 04:01 PM

Yup

Rams Fan
11-08-2010, 04:03 PM
What about Harbaugh?

Rain Man
11-08-2010, 04:06 PM
I hear Wade Phillips is available.

Nah.

I like Crennel as a DC. If Al Saunders is still around, I like him as an OC. We're pretty much obligated to pick Belichick at HC even though he's not really likable. I'm hoping Todd has a lot of success, because it's kind of fun to like Todd.

WhitiE
11-08-2010, 04:09 PM
any available would be Cowher

BigMeatballDave
11-08-2010, 04:10 PM
We already have him.

Zaiko
11-08-2010, 04:11 PM
Belichick.. Andy Reid is a pretty solid coach as well, made it pretty far several times just hasn't won it.

Edit: and I'd love to have Gruden as HC, guy is hardcore.

Haley is doing good so far as well though.

Shogun
Todd Haley

Fritz88
Mike Tomlin if he can bring Dick LeBeau with him

Rams Fan
I hear Wade Phillips is available.

Nah.

I like Crennel as a DC. If Al Saunders is still around, I like him as an OC. We're pretty much obligated to pick Belichick at HC even though he's not really likable. I'm hoping Todd has a lot of success, because it's kind of fun to like Todd.

Saunders is an offensive consultant for the Ravens.

Rams Fan
11-08-2010, 04:12 PM
Best available might be Fox(I don't think Carolina will sign him to another contract). I also think Fisher's a good coach.

Bambi
11-08-2010, 04:15 PM
Tom Coughlin

Frazod
11-08-2010, 04:38 PM
Ironically, with the current team's strengths and weaknesses, Marty would probably do pretty well.

And I'm NOT saying I want him back; it's just an observation. But you could bet he wouldn't try to go full Martz with a shitty QB and even shittier WRs.

Rams Fan
11-08-2010, 04:41 PM
Ironically, with the current team's strengths and weaknesses, Marty would probably do pretty well.

And I'm NOT saying I want him back; it's just an observation. But you could bet he wouldn't try to go full Martz with a shitty QB and even shittier WRs.

Martz has to have a good tackle on offense for his scheme to work. Without one, the shitty QB gets hit hard a lot. Withone, the shitty QB still gets hit hard but not as much. If Martz came to KC, Cassel would be dead by now.

Dylan
11-08-2010, 04:42 PM
Tom Coughlin

ah!

During the first two games of the season, I was throwing Couglin under the bus - Not anymore!

My pick: Uncle Tom :D

Gonzo
11-08-2010, 04:45 PM
McDaniels/knowmo
Posted via Mobile Device

Bambi
11-08-2010, 04:46 PM
ah!

During the first two games of the season, I was throwing Couglin under the bus - Not anymore!

My pick: Uncle Tom :D

Haha, what he's done is amazing. His finest attribute is hiring great coordinators (Perry Fewell is being talked about as the next Cowboys HC).

Rams Fan
11-08-2010, 04:47 PM
Haha, what he's done is amazing. His finest attribute is hiring great coordinators (Perry Fewell is being talked about as the next Cowboys HC).

Fewell was the DC for the Bills for 4 years and no one knew who he was until he was the interim HC in Buffalo.

ClevelandBronco
11-08-2010, 04:48 PM

That.

Dylan
11-08-2010, 04:58 PM

Fewell is not nuts. He'll stay with the Giants for two years. The Giants have a good organization.

If Fewell does a good job -- He will be a head coach. :D

There are a lot of good head coaches in the NFL that were part of the Giants organization.

Coughlin is a smart man -- If not, he'll walk the plank...

Amnorix
11-08-2010, 04:58 PM
See my avatar.

<------------------

Rain Man
11-08-2010, 05:02 PM
Fewell was the DC for the Bills for 4 years and no one knew who he was until he was the interim HC in Buffalo.

You know more about coaches than all of me put together.

I used to know all the names around the league, and for some reason have become more and more out of touch over time. I'm embarrassed to say that I probably can't name more than about 25 head coaches right now, much less coordinators.

Extra Point
11-08-2010, 05:07 PM
Living: Cowher (The deal is NOT done!)
Not living: The guy on the left

Rams Fan
11-08-2010, 05:09 PM
I talked about him yesterday in the early games thread, but I think Leslie Frazier of the Vikings will be a good HC. He's a Dungy Clone. I don't like the coordinators in Detroit(Cunningham and Linehan) since the Lions have been playing undisciplined football, IMO. For guys that are good coordinators but not HCs would be Cam Cameron(of the Ravens, was HC of the Dolphins in 2007), LeBeau(a great DC, but he didn't have great success as the HC of the Bengals), Crennel, Mangini, and Weis(ex-Pats coordinators, haven't done anything to note as a HC). Hue Jackson maybe a guy to watch for in a few years, as well as Rob Ryan. Both have been good coordinators this year. I don't believe Garrett will be a good HC and I don't think he was a good OC for the Cowboys either.

Mojo Jojo
11-08-2010, 05:13 PM
Cowher
Jeff Fisher

Rams Fan
11-08-2010, 05:18 PM
I talked about him yesterday in the early games thread, but I think Leslie Frazier of the Vikings will be a good HC. He's a Dungy Clone. I don't like the coordinators in Detroit(Cunningham and Linehan) since the Lions have been playing undisciplined football, IMO. For guys that are good coordinators but not HCs would be Cam Cameron(of the Ravens, was HC of the Dolphins in 2007), LeBeau(a great DC, but he didn't have great success as the HC of the Bengals), Crennel, Mangini, and Weis(ex-Pats coordinators, haven't done anything to note as a HC). Hue Jackson maybe a guy to watch for in a few years, as well as Rob Ryan. Both have been good coordinators this year. I don't believe Garrett will be a good HC and I don't think he was a good OC for the Cowboys either.

I forgot to mention Nolan.

Extra Point
11-08-2010, 05:29 PM
In all seriousness, I'd take Saunders. But Uncle Carl welched on that deal. Let's stick with 'Tin Cup' Haley, basically, because we have to.

Dylan
11-08-2010, 05:50 PM

Basically, for Coughlin to keep his job the team had to correct the defense. Last season, the offense did not lose games for the Giants -- Manning and the offense put up high numbers, but not enough to overcome a defense that surrended more points than any Giants team in 40 years.

At first, I was unsure what Fewell would bring to the table -- All I knew -- Fewell ran the same kind of scheme the Giants ran -- this hybrid 4-3 Tampa 2.

Buzzsaw
11-08-2010, 05:52 PM
Rex Ryan comes across as a fat, cocky loudmouth (cuz he is :D), but it's nice knowing that you're guaranteed at least, bare minimum, a top-5 defense with him coaching your team. The Jets will contend every year for that reason. And so far, 17-10 record (including 2-1 versus New England) and a trip to the AFCCG, so no complaints, and no one else I'd want coaching the Jets.

CrazyPhuD
11-08-2010, 05:54 PM
Lin Elliot no doubt

Dylan
11-08-2010, 05:55 PM

Crennel & Weis have a stellar career in the NFL as coordinators -- and their resumes goes much further back than the Patriots, including Bill Belicheck. ;)

I don't doubt for a second, the Chiefs coaching staff will bring a championship back to Kansas City.

Bane
11-08-2010, 05:57 PM
Ines Sainz!How the hell could the other team play looking at that ass!!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Earthling
11-08-2010, 06:04 PM
We already have him.

This.

Gadzooks
11-08-2010, 06:28 PM
Norf!!! :rockon:

Psyko Tek
11-08-2010, 07:20 PM
We already have him.

this
I like the crazy bastard but they need to figure out cassell throwing means loss

Kyle DeLexus
11-08-2010, 07:25 PM
It's no secret that I'm a Bill Belichick fan so thats my answer.

I REALLY like Haley though. He's got a chance to be great IMO.

FRCDFED
11-08-2010, 08:00 PM
Haley! I'm very impressed with his ability to win players over and to get them to believe in their own abilities!

dtebbe
11-08-2010, 08:39 PM
this
I like the crazy bastard but they need to figure out cassell throwing means loss

ROFL

He is one crazy bastard! I'm liking him more every week because eventually I think:

crazy calls=showing confidence in his team

The players are already responding. We've got 3 great coaches in place.

DT

Mama Hip Rockets
11-08-2010, 11:41 PM
Mike Tomlin.

Johnny Vegas
11-08-2010, 11:55 PM
Sean Payton

ChiefsCountry
11-09-2010, 12:13 AM
In all seriousness, I'd take Saunders. But Uncle Carl welched on that deal.

That is so fucking stupid
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/SaunAl0.htm

BigMeatballDave
11-09-2010, 12:33 AM
In all seriousness, I'd take Saunders. But Uncle Carl welched on that deal. Let's stick with 'Tin Cup' Haley, basically, because we have to.Good god, Man! This is all I need to know about your football knowledge. :shake:

MahiMike
11-09-2010, 07:38 AM
Haley

Rausch
11-09-2010, 07:40 AM
any available would be Cowher

Ditto...

TimeForWasp
11-09-2010, 07:47 AM
We already have him.

i was gonna say the same thing. There is something about Haley and how he came up and his dad , who I think should have had his chance as a head coach.

JD10367
11-09-2010, 07:48 AM
I JUST DID A DOODY IN MY PANTS!!1!!!!1

http://www.pongalong.com/beerblog/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/hermEdwards.jpg

milkman
11-09-2010, 09:07 AM
this

You have use the players you have, especially when you are trying to build something.

They need to know what they have in Cassel, and by putting teh ball in his hands they are learning.

It's a part of the process.