PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Anybody else feel like this after a tough Chiefs loss?

Mr. Arrowhead
11-08-2010, 05:33 PM
Dam dont know what it is, but losses after yesterday, make me just literally feel sick, cant eat for a day or so, because i just have down feeling in my stomach. Pretty much in a pissed off mood most of the week. I usually dont recover til at least Wednesday. Dam it just pisses me off just thinking about it.

BryanBusby
11-08-2010, 05:33 PM
you take a game far too seriously

Kraus
11-08-2010, 05:39 PM
I'm pissed for a couple hours afterwards and then I get over it.

Brock
11-08-2010, 05:40 PM
Get some perspective.

Mr. Arrowhead
11-08-2010, 05:41 PM
Get some perspective.

thats why i posted it here lol

LaChapelle
11-08-2010, 05:45 PM
Don't bet sexual favors next time

RealSNR
11-08-2010, 05:47 PM
I would have a heart attack on Sundays after watching Vermeil's Chiefs. If we won, I felt good for about an hour and then went back to work before wasting time on the Planet the rest of the week. If we lost, I would feel tired and worn out the rest of Sunday and pissed off at the world until at least Thursday. It was fucked up.

This is the first loss in a long time where I'm REALLY upset. I've gotten over it, but damn, this sucks.

I really should get a different hobby.

shitgoose
11-08-2010, 05:48 PM
I get pissed for a minute and then I remember it's the Chiefs so I get over it

Mr. Arrowhead
11-08-2010, 05:50 PM
I would have a heart attack on Sundays after watching Vermeil's Chiefs. If we won, I felt good for about an hour and then went back to work before wasting time on the Planet the rest of the week. If we lost, I would feel tired and worn out the rest of Sunday and pissed off at the world until at least Thursday. It was ****ed up.

This is the first loss in a long time where I'm REALLY upset. I've gotten over it, but damn, this sucks.

I really should get a different hobby.
yup same here, i was ok with the Indy and Houston losses, but man I guess it just pisses me off that first off its the dirty ass Raiders and 2nd off we just blew this game, and we could have taken complete control of the division.

DaKCMan AP
11-08-2010, 05:51 PM
Not anymore, maybe when I was a kid. Life is much bigger than football.

Bugeater
11-08-2010, 05:53 PM
Pfft, I'm still pissed off about football games that happened 30 years ago.

Shogun
11-08-2010, 05:54 PM
Pretty much felt better after shooting a load

sd4chiefs
11-08-2010, 05:55 PM
I was OK with losing to the Colts and the Texans but losing to the Raiders because they played sloppy was hard to take.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9bLyjcXQmF0?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9bLyjcXQmF0?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

HotRoute
11-08-2010, 06:03 PM
I just think what things would be like if herm and Carl were still around , then I feel better

BigMeatballDave
11-08-2010, 06:16 PM
I deal with it better now than I used to. Maybe because 5-3 is better than 1-7.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-08-2010, 06:18 PM
Damn. Come on, man! (Gratuitous ESPN Promo) This team is exceeding the expectations you had for them in August. They're improving. They were never going to win the Super Bowl. And even after losing, they're still in 1st place. I understand. It's the Faiders. But fuck, we won 7 in a row in their crib, and are 31-12 against them since 1990. Not all is lost on 1 game.

mikey23545
11-08-2010, 06:36 PM
Damn. Come on, man! (Gratuitous ESPN Promo) This team is exceeding the expectations you had for them in August. They're improving. They were never going to win the Super Bowl. And even after losing, they're still in 1st place. I understand. It's the Faiders. But ****, we won 7 in a row in their crib, and are 31-12 against them since 1990. Not all is lost on 1 game.

Talk about living in the past and being satisfied by mediocrity, all rolled into one big package...Sheesh.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-08-2010, 06:40 PM
Talk about living in the past and being satisfied by mediocrity, all rolled into one big package...Sheesh.

Heh, sorry I'm not ready to kill myself over 1 shitty game.

CoMoChief
11-08-2010, 06:43 PM
I will say this.....I hate losing the way we did. Watching the Chiefs give away games pisses me off to no end. I would have rather gotten our asses kicked than to lose like that. Chiefs should be 7-1 right now, and had a really good chance at being 8-0. Not capitalizing on opportunities makes me want to vomit. Watching the game slip away from the Chiefs is just heartbreaking. I usually get over losses like that by Tuesday. Because Monday you just have to hear about it all day on sportscenter etc.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-08-2010, 06:45 PM
These types of losses will equal wins when it counts. You know, when this team is actually prepared to win a Super Bowl.

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-08-2010, 06:55 PM
I've got one particular boar I don't like. his eyes kinda go different directions, he's got a silver color to him, his tusks are too long which is dangerous and the hair always stands up on his back. I brought him into the collection chamber first thing this morning, allowed him to mount the dummy and then kicked him square in the circles! I think I'm over the loss now.

Mr. Arrowhead
11-08-2010, 07:14 PM
I will say this.....I hate losing the way we did. Watching the Chiefs give away games pisses me off to no end. I would have rather gotten our asses kicked than to lose like that. Chiefs should be 7-1 right now, and had a really good chance at being 8-0. Not capitalizing on opportunities makes me want to vomit. Watching the game slip away from the Chiefs is just heartbreaking. I usually get over losses like that by Tuesday. Because Monday you just have to hear about it all day on sportscenter etc.

Yea, I usually try to avoid watching ESPN for a couple of days.

GloryDayz
11-08-2010, 07:22 PM
You can't care more than the players, so if they can be all smiles, laughs and hand-shakes when the clock reads 0:00, then you need to be too. When our players feel so badly that they just don't blow it off, even for that short duration of a smiled and laughed-off hand-shakes, then we can stress farther.

But I'm still ready to fire every official in the NFL for being STUPID!!!

pr_capone
11-08-2010, 07:29 PM

You must be a complete moran. Floppy is the last guy I would say that either to, or of.

That is called being realistic. Kansas City is on pace for a 10-6 season and we have plenty of things to be excited about. The core of this team lies in a young group of guys who are only gonna get better as the season progresses.

I wanted to pull up the thread where everyone was projecting the year end stats but the server is a piece of shit and won't let me do that. IIRC, the majority of the projections from the board had us at 7 to 9 wins with an outside shot at the playoffs.

We are on track, if not a bit ahead of where we expected to be. LEAPS and fucking bounds over anything in recent memory. Be happy. It's not like we are a Super Bowl favorite and are having a complete meltdown. (see: Cowboys)

Sure-Oz
11-08-2010, 07:35 PM
Im pissed off for maybe 2 hours after and get over it

notorious
11-08-2010, 07:40 PM
when this team is actually prepared to win a Super Bowl.

Yep. This. That. The whole thing.

This team still has a long way to go before we can beat 3 to 4 big time teams during a playoff run. This team is very mediocre at the moment, but they are showing signs of being the type of team that everybody hates in 2-3 years.

Sucks to lose a battle to the Raiders, but I think it is pretty obvious who will win the war.

FAX
11-08-2010, 07:44 PM
I wish I had a hog I could kick in the circles.

I'm pretty happy with the progress we've made on defense. What we need now are a few guys on offense who can lead the team on long, time-consuming, sustained, scoring drives. If we had that, we would be damn hard to beat ... at home or on the road.

Save The Hogs!!! Get us some offensive players!!!

FAX

MadMax
11-08-2010, 09:18 PM
You must be a complete moran. Floppy is the last guy I would say that either to, or of.

That is called being realistic. Kansas City is on pace for a 10-6 season and we have plenty of things to be excited about. The core of this team lies in a young group of guys who are only gonna get better as the season progresses.

I wanted to pull up the thread where everyone was projecting the year end stats but the server is a piece of shit and won't let me do that. IIRC, the majority of the projections from the board had us at 7 to 9 wins with an outside shot at the playoffs.

We are on track, if not a bit ahead of where we expected to be. LEAPS and ****ing bounds over anything in recent memory. Be happy. It's not like we are a Super Bowl favorite and are having a complete meltdown. (see: Cowboys)

Nice post dude..... :)

Pablo
11-08-2010, 09:21 PM
Yeah man, the pain is like unbearable and stuff.

Just sitting here, polishing this trusty .40 down. One last rodeo baby. No more pain. No more Chiefs games.

MadMax
11-08-2010, 09:22 PM
I used to, but after all these years you grow numb. They no longer affect me one way or the other ( maybe pissed for a while ). When the affect me that way again, I know we are good :)

Pablo
11-08-2010, 09:25 PM
I think the last few years of losing have desensitized the entire fan-base. I'm starting to care a whole lot more after the losses; but I can't let it factor into my daily life. The Chiefs lost and that really sucks, considering I'm addicted to ChiefsPlanet so I can't get the fuck away from talking about the loss.

ChiefsCountry
11-08-2010, 09:27 PM
Its not a playoff game so it really doesn't hurt that much anymore.

Pablo
11-08-2010, 09:29 PM
Its not a playoff game so it really doesn't hurt that much anymore.That's when the week long depression will probably hit.

We know we have football to look forward to next week. If we make it to the playoffs, and when we lose...that's gonna be a month long CP meltdown.

FAX
11-08-2010, 09:38 PM
After a tough loss, I have to re-boot the ol' brainpan to put things back into perspective and all. Usually, I just put on some nice, classical music and throw back a few, ice-cold, quark-gluon plasmas.

FAX

Marcellus
11-08-2010, 09:39 PM
I used to act like a damn fool after a loss like that but now I just break shit.

GoHuge
11-08-2010, 09:44 PM
I've learned it helps to stay off of here and avoid ESPN and NFL Network until about Thursday. That shit on Sunday made me sick to my stomach. It wasn't as bad as what the Bills game had me going through, but it was because I had alot of friends and family around. We were all feeling that stunned feeling, but when it was over we just started enjoying each others company and had 5 kids running around like mad to distract us. The last 2 years I had conditioned myself to were this shit didn't bother me. I'd get pissed, but was over it an hour or so later. I promised myself I wouldn't let this team do this to me again, but I let a little bit of stupid creep back in. Will try and push myself back from the table a little bit. Problem for me is out of my teams (Chiefs, Royals, and K-State) K-State basketball is the one I am the most passionate about.......bring on the mood swings!!

Why do we let our emotions be controlled by the outcome of a stupid sporting event? Most people don't even care about sports, much less let a damn game affect their weekend. I've tried not to do it, but I might just be a helpless moron............when talking about your happiness being based on the outcome of a damn game you've got to leave that as a real possibility.

Johnny Vegas
11-08-2010, 09:46 PM
I haven't eaten all day. Took a 4 hour nap. can't find an appetite. maybe?

RJ
11-08-2010, 09:49 PM
Only for about 40 years.

I guess that was one good thing about the last few years - the losses stopped bothering me. Now they piss me off again.

That's a good thing, right?

GoHuge
11-08-2010, 10:00 PM
That's a good thing, right?That's what I've been debating for about a month.

cdcox
11-08-2010, 10:08 PM
You can't care more than the players,

I really disagree with this premise. You think Jared Allen roots for the Chiefs still? Is Parcells some kind of uber Giants fan to this day? For them the relationship with a team is a job. When the job ends, a few of them stick with the team as fans (Joe Namath is a good example) but most don't give two craps. I think the players want to win and everything, but a fan's relationship to the team is more permanent and the passion runs deeper. There is a reason why they can be all smiles and hand shakes when we are kicking the dog. It just isn't that big of a deal to them. Maybe if they lose a playoff game they feel the hurt more. But I guarantee you that many of us care more about the team than the players and coaches do. A coach will give loyalty to a player (the man) that may not always be in the best interest of the team.

Bugeater
11-08-2010, 10:16 PM
I really disagree with this premise. You think Jared Allen roots for the Chiefs still? Is Parcells some kind of uber Giants fan to this day? For them the relationship with a team is a job. When the job ends, a few of them stick with the team as fans (Joe Namath is a good example) but most don't give two craps. I think the players want to win and everything, but a fan's relationship to the team is more permanent and the passion runs deeper. There is a reason why they can be all smiles and hand shakes when we are kicking the dog. It just isn't that big of a deal to them. Maybe if they lose a playoff game they feel the hurt more. But I guarantee you that many of us care more about the team than the players and coaches do. A coach will give loyalty to a player (the man) that may not always be in the best interest of the team.
Truth. I think most of the players remain loyal to their college team, but once they're in the NFL it's business.

Bearcat
11-08-2010, 10:22 PM

I think asking if Jared Allen cares about the Chiefs is missing the point. Of course a fan is more than likely going to care about one team for a long period of time, but it doesn't mean JA didn't care about the losses when he was with the Chiefs and doesn't care about the Vikings now. Hell, if it's 'just a job', why would Gonzo leave KC, or not just go to a bigger market the first chance he got? Of course he cared.

But anyway, re: "all smiles and handshakes"... I don't think it's about a lack of caring, it's about perspective & being in the spotlight. How many games have they played in their lifetime? And don't they have another game to start preparing for tomorrow? Players don't have time to spend 4 days being pissed off about a game.

I'm sure some see it as just a job... after so long, any one of us might, too. But you can't tell me there aren't a lot of professional athletes out there who absolutely hate losing, even if they don't show it in front of the camera... that's ridiculous.

If you, as a fan, are spending a week pissed off about something you have no control over, you should look in the mirror. I've been there, done that, and got tired of that shit.

crossbow
11-08-2010, 10:23 PM
Don't bet sexual favors next time

Yep, and don't offer to mow lawns in exchange for sex.

Marcellus
11-08-2010, 10:25 PM
Yep, and don't offer to mow lawns in exchange for sex.

Nice use of your post count. Quality vs quantity. I love cross thread humor. Especially old threads.

cdcox
I intentionally keep other sports teams at arm's length because I can't take the intensity of more than one of those relationships. During the Brett years I in pretty deep with the Royals, but the combination of 1) not being a huge baseball fan, 2) living away from KC, 3) the Royals sucking and 4) the state of MLB, I've let that relationship completely die.

I root for Mizzou in football and basketball, but it's kind of a fair weather thing. I watched the Oklahoma and Nebraska games but didn't get too worked up over losing to Nebraska. I'll watch the bowl game.

I kind of still see this as a building year so I'm not expecting too much from the Chiefs. Yesterday hurt, but not like the losses to the NFC East teams in 2005. Those 3 games were awful because I was fully on board and drinking all the kool-aid.

chasedude
Try drinking, it helps you forget everything.

cdcox
11-08-2010, 10:36 PM
You ask Tony Gonzolaz to rate his years in Kansas City on a scale of 1-10 I bet you would get a far different answer than if you asked a Chiefs fan to rate their experience as a fan from 1997 to 2008.

Marcellus
11-08-2010, 10:47 PM
You ask Tony Gonzolaz to rate his years in Kansas City on a scale of 1-10 I bet you would get a far different answer than if you asked a Chiefs fan to rate their experience as a fan from 1997 to 2008.

As weird as this is to say (type) you think TO isn't pissed as hell right now they just lost? Did you see the look on his face?

Mr. Arrowhead
11-08-2010, 11:01 PM
Only for about 40 years.

I guess that was one good thing about the last few years - the losses stopped bothering me. Now they piss me off again.

That's a good thing, right?

Yea i think it is, I guess i rather have feeling the monday after, than getting to the point where I care less, because we are a disaster.

Bearcat
11-08-2010, 11:09 PM

If you're asking TG to rate his years as a Chief versus the fans' experience, yeah, it'll be different.... but, if you ask them the same question -- rate the Chiefs in that timeframe regarding wins/losses, coaching changes, playoff wins, etc, do you really think it would be much different?

WTF do you think TG left? If it was 'just a job', he wouldn't have cared about going through another rebuilding plan. Saying they aren't competitive enough to care just because they don't often show it in front of the cameras is absolutely ridiculous.... I'm competitive at work, I'm competitive at my once-per-week rec-league flag football game, I'm competitive while playing Madden..... there's no way many, many professional athletes aren't the same way on the field.

Chiefs Rool
11-08-2010, 11:10 PM
I'm bummed about the loss, but Herm Edwards has conditioned me to take losses with not much more than a grain of salt.

Phobia
11-08-2010, 11:16 PM
I was pissed yesterday for the first time since the first few games of the Herm Edwards era. It was surprising to the wife, especially since I took it out on her because the TV stopped recording and switched channels just before the winning FG - like that's her fault. But I got control of myself about 90 seconds later and cooled off.

threebag
11-08-2010, 11:35 PM
Pretty much felt better after shooting a load

That's good paste a tube sock to your foot.

Hammock Parties
11-09-2010, 12:29 AM
It's tough.

I was probably as high as I've been watching a Chiefs game since maybe...thanksgiving 2006...when Cassel hit that laser TD to Bowe.

BigMeatballDave
11-09-2010, 12:41 AM
It's tough.

I was probably as high as I've been watching a Chiefs game since maybe...thanksgiving 2006...when Cassel hit that laser TD to Bowe.:hmmm:

Hammock Parties
11-09-2010, 12:48 AM
Read the post again...and try to understand it.

Bugeater
11-09-2010, 12:51 AM
Poor sentence structure, it would've made more sense had you said "when Cassel hit that laser TD to Bowe, I was probably as high as I've been watching a Chiefs game since maybe Thanksgiving 2006."

Hammock Parties
11-09-2010, 12:51 AM
Thank you Mrs. Crabapple.

Bugeater
11-09-2010, 12:54 AM
You're welcome Bart.

BigMeatballDave
11-09-2010, 12:54 AM
Poor sentence structure, it would've made more sense had you said "when Cassel hit that laser TD to Bowe, I was probably as high as I've been watching a Chiefs game since maybe Thanksgiving 2006."Thanks. I was scratching my head with that one.

Over-Head
11-09-2010, 01:24 AM
Dam dont know what it is, but losses after yesterday, make me just literally feel sick, cant eat for a day or so, because i just have down feeling in my stomach. Pretty much in a pissed off mood most of the week. I usually dont recover til at least Wednesday. Dam it just pisses me off just thinking about it.
Cant really say I share your pain :D

King_Chief_Fan
11-09-2010, 09:09 AM

I have too many other important things in my life to let a team that I support results have a negative impact on everything else.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-09-2010, 04:52 PM

Every team in the league can say they coulda, woulda, shoulda won a couple more games. Charger fans are probably saying they coulda won week 1, Browns fans in week 2, Buffalo in week 8. The NFL is a competitive place.

MadMax
11-09-2010, 04:58 PM
Try drinking, it helps you forget everything.

It sure takes the edge off :)