PDA

View Full Version : News Shooter on OSU Campus

Shogun
11-08-2010, 11:04 PM
http://www.oudaily.com/news/2010/nov/08/osu-police-issue-alert-shooting-near-stillwater-ca/

Updated at 10:54 p.m.

An emergency alert voicemail sent to Oklahoma State University students at 10:12 p.m. by the OSU police department described the suspect as a 6-foot-2-inch, heavy-set black man with dreadlocks. He was seen carrying a handgun.

Police said he is moving toward 4th Avenue and Hester Street.

After 10 p.m., Oklahoma State University police issued an alert that there was an armed gunman near the Sigma Phi Epsilon fraternity house near the Stillwater campus.

Police have asked OSU students to stay indoors.

According to the Daily O'Collegian, the incident started as an armed robbery near the fraternity house, 1121 W. 4th Ave., on Greek Row two blocks south of campus.

The Stillwater campus is on lockdown.

Check OUDaily.com for updates as the situation develops.

Dont know much other than this. Hopefully shit doesn't get real REAL fast.

Chiefs Rool
11-08-2010, 11:07 PM
geez, wtf is up with this sort of thing?

DaFace
11-08-2010, 11:13 PM
Dislike. Hope everything's OK.

crazycoffey
11-08-2010, 11:17 PM
This isn't going to be the most popular view, but seeing how the insane are vastly outnumbered by "normal" people, let's not regulate gun control, but embrace gun ownership and even give more of the general public, access to guns and weapons training. Teachers, airline pilots, business owners (that have an "x" number of gross profit), anyone with an honorable discharge from the military, or any sort of other measurable amount of responsibility; the right and encouragement to carry guns, and put these types of asshats out of existence prior to them doing any irreparable damage to the general public and the nation's youth / future leaders....

crazycoffey
11-08-2010, 11:18 PM
also hope everything's ok or in control

Shogun
11-08-2010, 11:18 PM
This isn't going to be the most popular view, but seeing how the insane are vastly outnumbered by "normal" people, let's not regulate gun control, but embrace gun ownership and even give more of the general public, access to guns and weapons training. Teachers, airline pilots, business owners (that have an "x" number of gross profit), anyone with an honorable discharge from the military, or any sort of other measurable amount of responsibility; the right and encouragement to carry guns, and put these types of asshats out of existence prior to them doing any irreparable damage to the general public and the nation's youth / future leaders....

In before Wickedson ruins this thread.

Shogun
11-08-2010, 11:23 PM
update

Updated at 11:18 p.m.

The Stillwater Police Department has reported a gunman in near Davis Hall on the Oklahoma State University campus, according to The Daily O'Collegian. Campus is still on lockdown.

Shogun
11-08-2010, 11:25 PM
update

Updated at 11:23 p.m.

The Daily O'Collegian has reported a gunman is near the North Monroe area on the Oklahoma State University campus.

Shogun
11-09-2010, 12:01 AM
OSU PD have reported that there is an armed gunman near OSU Stillwater Campus in the north Monroe area. Police are armed with assault rifles and are surrounding Davis Hall.

Reports are that the shooter is a 6'2", black male with dreadlocks.

"If you are on/near OSU campus please stay inside," said a phone call from the OSU police.

Reports from the scene said that armed man shot another man then robbed him, stealing a backpack containing a laptop.

The laptop fell out of the pack in Sigma Phi Epsilon's volleyball pit while the armed man was fleeing the scene of the crime. An unidentified source said the victim is Kasey Cook, an OSU student from Grapevine, Texas.

Andrew Schram, an international business freshman and member of Sigma Phi Epsilon, said he saw a man with dreadlocks with a hood on running across the Sig Ep parking lot and tripped in the volleyball pit.

Schram said the man that was shot came out of his house and asked him if he saw the man running.

"He had blood running down his leg and he asked me if I just saw a guy running and I said 'Ya' and he was like 'He just shot me,'" Schram said. "I asked him if he needed to sit down and he said 'No it didn't burn as bad as I thought it would' and I was like 'Dude you just got shot and he sat down and made a joke and said 'At least it didn't hit my balls.'"

I know this is serious but thats funny

Shogun
11-09-2010, 12:09 AM
update

UPDATED -11:58

OSU police cleared the campus of any threat from the shooter who shot Kasey Cook, an OSU student from Grapevine, Texas.

just a student saying this

crazycoffey
11-09-2010, 12:12 AM
update

just a student saying this

hope there's truth in this there statement. (the student who said it's been cleared, btw)

Kyle DeLexus
11-09-2010, 12:16 AM

I've always had a similar view. Would you try to rob a place if everyone inside had a gun?

crazycoffey
11-09-2010, 12:20 AM
I've always had a similar view. Would you try to rob a place if everyone inside had a gun?

exactly! what about going to shoot everyone in a school if you know 90% of the teachers had guns?

Shogun
11-09-2010, 12:26 AM
update

UPDATED - 12:11

According to OSU Capt. Richard Atkins:

OSU PD did not issue lockdown.

Stillwater PD responded to reports of shots fired near Davis hall. Some officers on the call carried assault rifles.

Atkins said, 94 percent of the 20,000 warning calls made through OSU emergency system were successfully received.

If you did not receive the voice mail, Atkins recommended visiting your OKEY account and updating emergency information, preferably to voicemail. If it is already set to voicemail, you can report it to codered@okstate.edu

Shogun
11-09-2010, 12:27 AM
There are now pictures

http://www.ocolly.com/shooter-1.1764745

Shogun
11-09-2010, 12:38 AM
update ROFL

UPDATED 12:34

Kasey Cook updated his facebook status on the way to the hospital.

"Just got shot in my leg!!!! Ouch it stings!!! In the ambulance on the way to the ER.

This kid is alpha as fuck cuz