PDA

View Full Version : Life Clean Club

KurtCobain
11-10-2010, 09:15 PM
I know there's a few CPers out there who have struggled with drug addiction. I thought it would be a good idea to start a "Clean Club", a thread for stories of recovery from drug abuse, to celebrate the victory for those who have recovered, and too inspire those who haven't. So if you're having a problem right now, and you can use some help, let us know so we can try to make a difference. And if you're sober now and have won the battle, or know somebody who has, or even if you're still working on the problem, feel free to share your story.

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-10-2010, 09:19 PM
I'm addicted to ......... oh nevermind , I can't start this thread off with one of those. It just wouldn't be right.

KurtCobain
11-10-2010, 09:22 PM
I'm addicted to ......... oh nevermind , I can't start this thread off with one of those. It just wouldn't be right.

Boar jizz?

Mr. Flopnuts
11-10-2010, 09:35 PM
I quit smoking weed over a month ago to start a new career, and now have to give up the sauce too. So I'm totally straight edge, man. Count me in.

Demonpenz
11-10-2010, 10:03 PM
soberrecovery.com is a better place to talk about this stuff for me because I couldn't clean without help.

Simply Red
11-10-2010, 10:09 PM
I don't drink, well over a yr. now. No real struggles in that area, thus far. I'm far from perfect, but, had i continued drinking, i'm not even sure i'd be here, and that's based on poor decisions, alone, ....while drunk.

One time I showed this chick (virtual stranger) my cock in my kitchen, See I had no control in some arenas, mostly, just being foolish, tg i didn't kill anyone, or me.

Iowanian
11-10-2010, 10:09 PM
Here is some motivation.

Last night, one of my best friends who has had struggles in the bottle pretty much since HS, died in a fire. The details of where and how would sober up most people. He left 3 kids to deal with it now.

Do more with that "-" between the dates on your tombstone.

T-post Tom
11-10-2010, 10:27 PM
I was hoping this was for the neat-freaks/OCD sufferers/germ-a-phobes. Sorry...carry on. Don't mind me: I'll just be sterilizing my keyboard. Again.

Phobia
11-11-2010, 12:53 AM
I just got home from celebrating my 235th birthday. I had a couple beers but am otherwise clean.

Good for you, KC! Pass it on, dude.

DBOSHO
11-11-2010, 01:29 AM
My dad was an alcoholic. Drinked for probably 20+ years, hes been over 10 years sober.

Also quit smoking a year or two ago after 30 years.

Needless to say, im very proud of him.

KcFanInGA
11-11-2010, 01:52 AM
Trying to quit smoking and pain pills...any advice...sometimes staying clean sees appealing...sometimes not

kcxiv
11-11-2010, 02:04 AM
im on 14 years now. have absolutely no urges anymore. its great.

kcxiv
11-11-2010, 02:07 AM
Trying to quit smoking and pain pills...any advice...sometimes staying clean sees appealing...sometimes not

in al honesty, it all comes within you. Imo, no one can help, they can support you, but if your ready you have to really be ready. If your not, youll never quit. My whole family from my dads side including him have massive drug /alchohol addictions and i was headed that way, then one day i told myself, ill be damned if i head down the same path they did. Stopped doing everything from one day to the next. It was hard as hell though cause i kept with the same friends, but its all about if your serious or not.

Its not easy i can say that much and it takes a great deal of effort. Counseling of some sort is a plus if you can.

Hammock Parties
11-11-2010, 02:27 AM
I've been Herm free for over a year now and feel great.

kcxiv
11-11-2010, 02:33 AM
I've been Herm free for over a year now and feel great.

forgot King Carl free as well.

Hootie
11-11-2010, 02:54 AM
My dad was an alcoholic. Drinked for probably 20+ years, hes been over 10 years sober.

Also quit smoking a year or two ago after 30 years.

Needless to say, im very proud of him.

to be honest, I'd be a heavy, heavy drinker if I had a dickwad like you as my son too...

I'd say he probably quit drinking since you're all grown up and out of the house...but hey, that's not true...you still live at home and don't have a job.

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-11-2010, 03:39 AM
to be honest, I'd be a heavy, heavy drinker if I had a dickwad like you as my son too...

I'd say he probably quit drinking since you're all grown up and out of the house...but hey, that's not true...you still live at home and don't have a job.

ROFL That wasn't right

tooge
11-11-2010, 09:30 AM

Dude, you have issues.

cdcox
11-11-2010, 09:44 AM

Forget about kicking cigs until you get off the pain pills. Cigs might kill you in 20 years, pain pills might kill you in 3 months.

I'd start by going to NA meetings. You'll get some real live people that you get to know that can give you support and advice. If that isn't enough, get yourself into a good rehab program.

vailpass
11-11-2010, 10:03 AM

LMAO

DBOSHO
11-11-2010, 10:06 AM

You so tough.

DBOSHO
11-11-2010, 10:07 AM
I didnt know you could see peoples post if you had them on ignore...
Weird...

vailpass
11-11-2010, 10:09 AM
I didnt know you could see peoples post if you had them on ignore...
Weird...

Only if someone that you do not have on ignore quotes them.

DBOSHO
11-11-2010, 10:11 AM
Only if someone that you do not have on ignore quotes them.

Noone quoted me except him. Not the thread for it anyway.

Inspector
11-11-2010, 11:03 AM
I gave up celibacy about 50 years ago.

At times it's been tough, but I try to be strong. Just take it one day at a time. I could not have had this level of success without my wife by my side. Or, at times, on top.

Phobia
11-11-2010, 02:23 PM
I gave up celibacy about 50 years ago.

At times it's been tough, but I try to be strong. Just take it one day at a time. I could not have had this level of success without my wife by my side. Or, at times, on top.

I agree. She's spectacular for an old broad.

CoMoChief
11-11-2010, 02:53 PM
I wouldn't say I'm clean and sober 100%

But I've greatly cut back on my drinking......mostly because I got incredibly out of shape and always felt like shit. Smoke weed every now and then. Don't know how alcohol is legal and weed isn't. Alcohol is about 10000x worse for your overall health and well-being.

Used to go out about 4 nights a week and just get completely shit hammered drunk. I never went to the store and bought beer to drink at home, always went out to bars with friends. I never really had the "urge" to crack open beers and sit at home on the couch and drink. Loved going out. Loved the scenery, hot college ass etc. Living in a college town (CoMo) it was hard (for me) because every night I'd get a few calls from some friends asking if they wanted me to meet them out somewhere for beers etc. I'd figure that I'd go and have a few, next thing you know I've taken 5-6 shots and have had 8-9 beers or more and I'd be drunker than a sailor with a $50 bar tab (in a college bar w/ $1 beers $3 shots). Get at home about 2am or so after a late night fast food run. Then pass out and get up in the morning for class or work.

Well next thing you know I started to always feel like shit, work performance suffered, school performance as well, and relationships with friends, families and significant others suffered. Thing about it is, is that you always think you can control it and "no it won't happen to me etc" But then you're just caught up with that kinda lifestyle that everything else doesn't matter or you just don't think about it and the people you might be affecting because of it. To me that's the worse part. You end up turning into this other person (in other's eyes) you know you're not, but then again you're caught up in a form of lifestyle of partying and drinking and you don't know because you don't care what others think.

Well, the best thing I did for myself was to start working out. I stopped going out on the weekdays...every so often I may go out on a friday/sat night if some others are, but I won't get blown out drunk like I used to. I'll have a few and then just quit. Saves a lot on the bar tab and I don't feel like shit the next morning. As far as the hot ass. That will come and go all the time. I still see the same people at the same bars when I stop in....same old shit too. Some people won't ever change because that's their life. That's the life that I "once" had and was accustomed to but not anymore. The girls that are like that are NOT the type of girls you want to meet and spend time with because most of them are shady and have major problems, that's why they're out drinking. I've come to stop that. I've been working out A LOT more....at one time I was 265lbs, (6'3) just a complete sluggish **** with no energy. Changed my diet, to where I'm not eating fast food 4-5 nights a week. Just that alone has allowed myself to lose about 30lbs in about 6 weeks. I'm needing to get back around 210 or possibly lower. To put things in perspective, I was 175lbs when I grad HS before going off to college in Columbia. I was skinny/broad...had a swimmers body. Not that case anymore. People see me now and think I'm a god damn linebacker, mostly because of my neck and shoulders and the way I'm built.

But all in all, alcohol is a scary thing, and a lot of times hard and some people can't beat the problem. Really I don't think AA programs work a whole lot. It took (for me) some soul searching in a way...I didn't want to be that bar fly person 10 yrs from now. I wanna start feeling better and being more active. Now I will smoke weed a little bit. I just don't think that's a problem, there's a time and a place for it, and I don't feel like shit from the affects (no hangovers etc). It's relaxing and I may do it if I don't have anything to do at night and just on the couch watching Family Guy, Aqua Teen, or something on the DVR or Xbox360. Yes it gets me hungry, but from my diet change and working out all the time now my body is in constant fat burning mode. I highly suggest the Abs diet book for anyone that Really wants to lose weight and just overall feel better.

KurtCobain
11-15-2010, 04:52 PM
I wouldn't say I'm clean and sober 100%

But I've greatly cut back on my drinking......mostly because I got incredibly out of shape and always felt like shit. Smoke weed every now and then. Don't know how alcohol is legal and weed isn't. Alcohol is about 10000x worse for your overall health and well-being.

Used to go out about 4 nights a week and just get completely shit hammered drunk. I never went to the store and bought beer to drink at home, always went out to bars with friends. I never really had the "urge" to crack open beers and sit at home on the couch and drink. Loved going out. Loved the scenery, hot college ass etc. Living in a college town (CoMo) it was hard (for me) because every night I'd get a few calls from some friends asking if they wanted me to meet them out somewhere for beers etc. I'd figure that I'd go and have a few, next thing you know I've taken 5-6 shots and have had 8-9 beers or more and I'd be drunker than a sailor with a $50 bar tab (in a college bar w/ $1 beers $3 shots). Get at home about 2am or so after a late night fast food run. Then pass out and get up in the morning for class or work.

Well next thing you know I started to always feel like shit, work performance suffered, school performance as well, and relationships with friends, families and significant others suffered. Thing about it is, is that you always think you can control it and "no it won't happen to me etc" But then you're just caught up with that kinda lifestyle that everything else doesn't matter or you just don't think about it and the people you might be affecting because of it. To me that's the worse part. You end up turning into this other person (in other's eyes) you know you're not, but then again you're caught up in a form of lifestyle of partying and drinking and you don't know because you don't care what others think.

Well, the best thing I did for myself was to start working out. I stopped going out on the weekdays...every so often I may go out on a friday/sat night if some others are, but I won't get blown out drunk like I used to. I'll have a few and then just quit. Saves a lot on the bar tab and I don't feel like shit the next morning. As far as the hot ass. That will come and go all the time. I still see the same people at the same bars when I stop in....same old shit too. Some people won't ever change because that's their life. That's the life that I "once" had and was accustomed to but not anymore. The girls that are like that are NOT the type of girls you want to meet and spend time with because most of them are shady and have major problems, that's why they're out drinking. I've come to stop that. I've been working out A LOT more....at one time I was 265lbs, (6'3) just a complete sluggish **** with no energy. Changed my diet, to where I'm not eating fast food 4-5 nights a week. Just that alone has allowed myself to lose about 30lbs in about 6 weeks. I'm needing to get back around 210 or possibly lower. To put things in perspective, I was 175lbs when I grad HS before going off to college in Columbia. I was skinny/broad...had a swimmers body. Not that case anymore. People see me now and think I'm a god damn linebacker, mostly because of my neck and shoulders and the way I'm built.

But all in all, alcohol is a scary thing, and a lot of times hard and some people can't beat the problem. Really I don't think AA programs work a whole lot. It took (for me) some soul searching in a way...I didn't want to be that bar fly person 10 yrs from now. I wanna start feeling better and being more active. Now I will smoke weed a little bit. I just don't think that's a problem, there's a time and a place for it, and I don't feel like shit from the affects (no hangovers etc). It's relaxing and I may do it if I don't have anything to do at night and just on the couch watching Family Guy, Aqua Teen, or something on the DVR or Xbox360. Yes it gets me hungry, but from my diet change and working out all the time now my body is in constant fat burning mode. I highly suggest the Abs diet book for anyone that Really wants to lose weight and just overall feel better.

Well, congrats man for trying to cut back. It's hard to realize you have a problem, which is the first step to fixing one.

Jenson71
11-15-2010, 04:57 PM
I had a great uncle that would shake a lot if he didn't drink. Never met him, though.

Demonpenz
11-15-2010, 04:57 PM
I was pissed shit wasn't going my way even when I was clean, it was important for me to go do alcohol programs to deal with life and not revert to booze to feel. good.

KurtCobain
11-16-2010, 06:48 PM
I was pissed shit wasn't going my way even when I was clean, it was important for me to go do alcohol programs to deal with life and not revert to booze to feel. good.

Oh, just getting clean doesnt fix everything right away and it sent alot of my friends right back into the chase. You gotta stay focused and know better times are ahead.

bevischief
11-16-2010, 07:19 PM
How can you get clean and still be a Chiefs fan?

Simply Red
11-16-2010, 07:39 PM

still hanging though?

Saul Good
11-16-2010, 07:46 PM
I just got home from celebrating my 235th birthday.

What's your secret?

bevischief
11-16-2010, 07:47 PM
Rectii.

Demonpenz
11-16-2010, 11:08 PM
still hanging though?

yeah it's pretty good now. I don't have the urge to drink anymore, but that can change any moment that I don't reach out and get help. So I know right away when I am looking at a cold one I need to get help right then.

KurtCobain
01-02-2011, 02:37 AM
How's everyone's 2011 going?

JOhn
01-02-2011, 03:12 AM
How's everyone's 2011 going?

Very well thank you.

Celebrated the New Year with my friends in recovery. Had a great night, with several good meetings.

:thumb:

KurtCobain
01-02-2011, 11:13 PM
Very well thank you.

Celebrated the New Year with my friends in recovery. Had a great night, with several good meetings.

:thumb:

That's great to here. I drank a little on New Years Eve, but not much and didn't have a problem with it. I feel like I can drink at home once in a great while with no problem. I haven't touched anything else so far, so that's a good thing. It's getting hard, the toll of moving and working to god damned much is working on me.