PDA

View Full Version : Football Peyton Manning on pace to break another record...

Hammock Parties
11-11-2010, 09:41 AM
Just realized this a couple minutes ago while looking at some stats.

Peyton Manning is on pace to break the NFL single-season record for pass attempts.

Drew Bledsoe threw 691 passes in 1994.

Manning has 350 attempts through eight games, putting him on a 700-attempt pace. :eek:

That is 44 goddamn passes per game, people.

Interestingly enough this would shatter Manning's own single-season best of 591 attempts.

In related interesting news, four quarterbacks are on pace to throw at least 600 passes this year after the league leader only hit 583 last season. That would be the most in one year ever for the NFL.

Our little buddy Matt Cassel is on pace for 428 attempts which would have been an NFL record in....hold on, still looking...wait a second...there it is, 1959.

Deberg_1990
11-11-2010, 09:43 AM
So what? You play to your strengths and he is obviously their strength. Their run game is nothing special.

Reerun_KC
11-11-2010, 09:53 AM
Whats the point?

Cassel sucks and the Chiefs are a running team?

Cant we discuss something new?

Hammock Parties
11-11-2010, 09:55 AM
Whats the point?

Cassel sucks and the Chiefs are a running team?

Cant we discuss something new?

The thread is about Peyton Manning. I just thought I'd drop our little buddy in there as an aside.

milkman
11-12-2010, 09:35 AM
So what? You play to your strengths and he is obviously their strength. Their run game is nothing special.

The funny thing is, when Manning was sucking balls in the playoffs in '06, their running game, along with a defense that was fresh throughout the games, carried them to a SB.

Manning's numbers are inflated through the years because it's always been about Manning.

I would bet that Manning has attempted more passes since he's been in the league than any single team has attempted in that same time frame, and I'd bet that it is by a fairly substantial number.

Bane
11-12-2010, 09:39 AM
That's fucking crazy.Seriously though,when you can for the most part "throw" it when and where you want,why try to play by the set it up with the run philosophy?Fuck it SLING it motherfucker!

milkman
11-12-2010, 09:41 AM
That's ****ing crazy.Seriously though,when you can for the most part "throw" it when and where you want,why try to play by the set it up with the run philosophy?**** it SLING it mother****er!

Because ToP matters, especially in the playoffs.

Bane
11-12-2010, 09:43 AM
Because ToP matters, especially in the playoffs.

I understand that as well.I just hate it when stat guys say you have to set the pass up with the run.I mean when you have the tools and skills and can throw it at will so to speak,****

:edit:
Yes I also understand how running the ball sets up the pass.I'm just pissed cause we can't throw it like that!

milkman
11-12-2010, 09:46 AM
I understand that as well.I just hate it when stat guys say you have to set the pass up with the run.I mean when you have the tools and skills and can throw it at will so to speak,****

:edit:
Yes I also understand how running the ball sets up the pass.I'm just pissed cause we can't throw it like that!

Quite frankly, I would love to have Manning at QB, but I'd want a HC who takes the ball out of his hands, so to speak.

BigMeatballDave
11-12-2010, 11:00 AM
Spank-bank thread Hootie!

Where is Hootie? Did he make it back safely from San Quentin?

Hammock Parties
12-09-2010, 11:21 PM
Still on pace for 700 attempts.

569 after tonight's game.

cdcox
12-09-2010, 11:31 PM
Manning commented in the post game interview that 35 passes per game was about right for the Colts, 45+ was too much. My guess is that he doesn't break the record.

WebGem
12-10-2010, 01:00 AM
Manning commented in the post game interview that 35 passes per game was about right for the Colts, 45+ was too much. My guess is that he doesn't break the record.

He needs about 40 per game right? Yeah, probably not. Possible though.

Sassy Squatch
12-10-2010, 01:01 AM
Peyton has continually smashed his own record of people not giving a shit about his records. Only Favre has a better record in that.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-10-2010, 05:38 AM
.wait a second...there it is, 1959.

LMAO

Hammock Parties
12-28-2010, 10:55 PM
Needs 54 attempts in the last game to break the record. Not happening.

FRCDFED
12-28-2010, 11:07 PM
Does this surprise anyone? Dude calls his own plays for the most part!

Wyndex
12-28-2010, 11:15 PM
I've come to the conclusion that Cassel deserved to be in the probowl over Manning

better QB rating, more yards per attempt, cassel's td:int ratio blows peyton's out of the water

before people get all "manning lost a great receiving threat and his receiving corps has been hampered with injuries"

shut the fuck up, Cassel has to throw to Dwayne Bowe, an old and arguably over the hill wr, a midget, an udfa, a guy who could be thriving in canada right now and moeaki

cassel by far