PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs maybe?...possibly?...

Samson
11-14-2010, 08:18 PM
Cassel does not have a hall-of-fame career ahead of him, but with the exception of a few bad throws, he really zipped the ball around in the second half. Some short, some long...it's hard to just totally ignore his production in the second half.

So an interesting question to ask is, would Matt Cassel be a better QB in an "attack Offense" (albeit with not a great receiving crew) VS. this year's traditional, "play not to lose Offense"?

I love him and hate him so often in the game, and in the season as a whole...so he makes it very easy to pin it ALL on him. But is he really...really THE issue with this team?

Shogun
11-14-2010, 08:20 PM
In before chiefsplanet

Hammock Parties
it's hard to just totally ignore his production in the second half.

No it's not.

Watch.

Look at me. I'm ignoring it right now. Easy!

Bunch of meaningless garbage time stats.

tk13
Cassel has always been able to zip the ball around. That is the single dumbest argument you hear on a weekly basis about the guy. You hear people say noodle arm every week. He's got more than enough of an NFL arm. It's his accuracy to complete very simple throws that's his problem.

Mr_Tomahawk
JEEEEESUS....

Reerun_KC
Turtles have hard shells.

Marcellus
11-14-2010, 08:21 PM
You are about to get raped worse than the Chiefs did today.

Deberg_1990
11-14-2010, 08:22 PM
Cassel has always been able to zip the ball around. That is the single dumbest argument you hear on a weekly basis about the guy. You hear people say noodle arm every week. He's got more than enough of an NFL arm. It's his accuracy to complete very simple throws that's his problem.

Best throw i saw him make today was the one to Tucker. Perfect...right on the money....but he made alot of good throws today.

Shogun

What is a fucking NFL Quarterback without his accuracy?

Deberg_1990
No it's not.

Watch.

Would you have preferred him to make incomplete throws and thow 3 INt's??

Bane
11-14-2010, 08:23 PM
STFU

Bugeater
11-14-2010, 08:23 PM
NO ONE IS BETTER WHEN THE GAME ISN'T ON THE LINE

LaChapelle
11-14-2010, 08:26 PM
Have you gotten over you bouts of asthma

Bane
11-14-2010, 08:28 PM
You are about to get raped worse than the Chiefs did today.

Done.

Samson
11-14-2010, 08:30 PM
There just has to be more surprised people than me that Haley stuck with Cassel, and Cassel surpisingly and miraculously, he performed.

I kept waiting for the INT(s)...or a horrible pass(es).

Didn't happen. He kept competing and delivering in the second half when we had gone wide open with the O.

Micjones
11-14-2010, 08:31 PM
Can we find the middle? His performance today isn't an indication he's the answer, but neither are his 2nd Half numbers completely insignificant.

Lots of QB's screw the pooch against Prevent defenses.
He could've thrown a bunch of picks. He didn't...

Micjones
11-14-2010, 08:31 PM
Can we find the middle? His performance today isn't an indication he's the answer, but neither are his 2nd Half numbers completely insignificant.

jspchief
11-14-2010, 08:46 PM
GTFO, Mrs. Cassel

Deberg_1990
11-14-2010, 08:52 PM

Exactly..i get the feeling that alot of guys here would have preferred him to throw incomplete passes and 3 or 4 INt's.....WTF??

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-14-2010, 08:54 PM
No one throws picks against prevent defenses. Guys throw picks against defenses that are challenging routes, not happy to give up chunks of yardage in exchange for 7 minute drives when you are down 5 scores.

DeezNutz
11-14-2010, 08:55 PM
Good points. If Cassel and his teammates can continue to put him in 35-point holes, thus eliminating all pressure and meaning, I believe that Cassel will perform admirably.

If the situation actually matters, I expect performances like we witnessed in the first half and as we've witnessed since the sack of shit arrived in KC.

jspchief
11-14-2010, 08:56 PM
No one throws picks against prevent defenses. Guys throw picks against defenses that are challenging routes, not happy to give up chunks of yardage in exchange for 7 minute drives when you are down 5 scores.No shit. A prevent D gives Cassel exactly the only type of passes he's capable of making.

Ming the Merciless
11-14-2010, 09:00 PM
But is he really...really THE issue with this team?

No, he is not. Anyone that says that and actually believes it after watching this season is completely fucking retarded. An issue? Sure. THE issue? THE biggest problem? Not even close.

Ming the Merciless
11-14-2010, 09:02 PM
Can we find the middle?

No. Here there is only "Cassel sux ASSSS" or "you are a cassel nuthugger"

Thre is no in between or other aspects of our team.

Samson
11-14-2010, 09:02 PM
The original question had nothing to due with the game position the D puts Cassel in; rather the game position the coaches put him in right from the start.

Just a simple question about the possibility of him operating better in Attack mode, rather than Marty ball....

McFool went for our jugular right from the start - mainly through the air. Wonder how Cassel would perform under that kind of cut-throat philosophy?...

Bewbies
11-14-2010, 09:03 PM
I'm convinced that people get REALLY REALLY shitfaced drunk during the game because there is no way you can watch the game clearly and come up with this type of conclusion.

Bewbies
11-14-2010, 09:04 PM
Matt Cassel would be better in an offense that he was the 2nd string QB and he spent each week holding a clipboard.

Shogun
11-14-2010, 09:04 PM
Matt Cassel would be better in an offense that he was the 2nd string QB and he spent each week holding a clipboard.

Brilliant

jspchief
11-14-2010, 09:05 PM
Exactly..i get the feeling that alot of guys here would have preferred him to throw incomplete passes and 3 or 4 INt's.....WTF??Are you retarded?

He took exactly what the Broncos gave him, and people are coming out talking like it's a testimonial to what a good QB he is.

It proves nothing other than he's good at gaining meaningless yards, handed to him by a prevent defense, in a game that's already over.

Mama Hip Rockets
11-14-2010, 10:27 PM
No it's not.

Watch.

ROFL

Mama Hip Rockets
11-14-2010, 10:28 PM
There just has to be more surprised people than me that Haley stuck with Cassel, and Cassel surpisingly and miraculously, he performed.

I kept waiting for the INT(s)...or a horrible pass(es).

Didn't happen. He kept competing and delivering in the second half when we had gone wide open with the O.

Maybe cause Denver was ahead by a thousand points and didn't care anymore.

Mama Hip Rockets
11-14-2010, 10:33 PM
Good points. If Cassel and his teammates can continue to put him in 35-point holes, thus eliminating all pressure and meaning, I believe that Cassel will perform admirably.

If the situation actually matters, I expect performances like we witnessed in the first half and as we've witnessed since the sack of shit arrived in KC.

ROFL

FloridaMan88
11-14-2010, 10:45 PM
I am amazed to read through this message board after the loss today and see 8 billion threads about Cassel.

The primary blame for this loss should be on the defense.

This was shades of the '03 Clinton Portis game at Mile High... a Greg Robinson-caliber effort.