PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Haley, McDaniels, and "The Patriot Way"

Buck
11-14-2010, 11:33 PM
Both coaches showed qualities that reminded us of Belichick today.

You get to vote on who was more Belechick-like.

NWTF
11-14-2010, 11:39 PM
McDaniels didnt run up the score. They only scored 14 points the entire second half and chose not to kick an easy field goal that would have put them over 50.

DBOSHO
11-14-2010, 11:46 PM
Ill tell you 1 thing. Even if we are 0-2 by the time they come to arrowhead, todd will be prepared.

Holy shit i bet we run train on denver

Mile High Mania
11-15-2010, 05:25 AM
Curious about the whole running up the score thing... it was 35-0 in the mid 2nd quarter. They score 14 points in the next 2 1/2 quarters.... please define running up the score and tell me when a team is supposed to pull starters.

And, at what time can a team put the starters back in ... you know, the game isn't over so if KC made it 27-35, would Denver be able to put their starters back in? I forget the complicated details of the NFL's Mercy Rule.

Pioli Zombie
11-15-2010, 05:36 AM
Denver didn't run up the score. They ran it up the Chiefs flaming ass hole.

Bane
11-15-2010, 07:13 AM
Curious about the whole running up the score thing... it was 35-0 in the mid 2nd quarter. They score 14 points in the next 2 1/2 quarters.... please define running up the score and tell me when a team is supposed to pull starters.

And, at what time can a team put the starters back in ... you know, the game isn't over so if KC made it 27-35, would Denver be able to put their starters back in? I forget the complicated details of the NFL's Mercy Rule.

Fuck that! If we don't want you running it up,keep your Donk asses out of the goddamn end zone.End of story!YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS!!!!!!!:evil:

Mile High Mania
11-15-2010, 07:17 AM
**** that! If we don't want you running it up,keep your Donk asses out of the goddamn end zone.End of story!YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS!!!!!!!:evil:

So much drama for this next game... can't wait.

Sunday, December 5th

Bane
11-15-2010, 07:21 AM
So much drama for this next game... can't wait.

Sunday, December 5th

Typical AFCW.I hate the loss,but kinda glad to see the "hatred" between AFCW coaches coming back.

Quesadilla Joe
11-15-2010, 07:51 AM
McDaniels wasn't running up the score he knows that we cannot run the clock out so we have to pass to set up the run. If we lined up and ran the ball on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd down the entire second half we might not have gained more than a couple first downs.

suds79
11-15-2010, 07:53 AM
That was not running up the score.

That was a swift butt kicking all day long and the score reflected that.

Mile High Mania
11-15-2010, 07:58 AM
That was not running up the score.

That was a swift butt kicking all day long and the score reflected that.

Yeah, and again ... it was 35-0 after 21 minutes of action and with 6 minutes remaining in the 2nd quarter. They put up another 14 points in the final 36 minutes of the game, I don't think anyone can say they ran up the score.

Did they keep the starters in, blitz, etc - sure. It's not the preseason, right?

Bugeater
11-15-2010, 08:00 AM
There's no such thing as 'running up the score' in the NFL.

suds79
11-15-2010, 08:05 AM
Yeah, and again ... it was 35-0 after 21 minutes of action and with 6 minutes remaining in the 2nd quarter. They put up another 14 points in the final 36 minutes of the game, I don't think anyone can say they ran up the score.

Did they keep the starters in, blitz, etc - sure. It's not the preseason, right?

If anything I think Denver played mostly prevent D from the 2nd quarter on.

That's what allowed Matt to compile those meaningless numbers.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-15-2010, 09:18 AM
I have no idea why Haley didn't shake his hand, but I don't think Denver ran the score up at all.

R8RFAN
11-15-2010, 09:21 AM
The only difference is Belichek wins

Buck
11-15-2010, 11:38 AM
By Running Up the Score I guess I could have said challenging a TD call when the game was already decided, and Denver passing the ball the last time they had the ball instead of just running the clock down with runs.

Mile High Mania
11-15-2010, 12:16 PM
By Running Up the Score I guess I could have said challenging a TD call when the game was already decided, and Denver passing the ball the last time they had the ball instead of just running the clock down with runs.

Oh, so like I said.. there was nearly a full quarter left to be played... these guys all have incentives, etc. You're at home, you think the play was wrong - you challenge it.

They primarily ran in the series after than and I think they made two generic dump passes, and then punted. Let's not act like they were taking 40 yard strikes for the endzone in those final drives.

HemiEd
11-15-2010, 12:20 PM

They didn't run up the score at all. They took the suspense out of the game early, and that really sucked. But it is hard to blame the Broncos, even though I hate them.
I would pay to see #51s balls on a skewer over an open fire though.

Mile High Mania
11-15-2010, 12:26 PM
Buck - I'll let you start a Week 11 Chargers/Broncos thread if you like...

I was noticing that the Chargers have a highly ranked pass defense and thought "DAMN". Then, I looked at who they faced...

Cassel (@ KC) LOSS
Garrard (@ SD)
Hasselbeck (@ SEA) LOSS
Hall/Anderson (AZ @ SD)
Campbell (@ OAK) LOSS
Bradford (@STL) LOSS
Brady (@ SD) LOSS
Young/Collins (@ SD)
Schaub (@ HOU)

Really - there's an elite guy and a top 12 guy, then a bunch of other.

Rivers has been the leading QB in each game and in each game and opposing RB has been the leading RB. Weird.

Rivers has done great things with a cast of craziness... but dare I say the Broncos bring the most lethal (ie - more weapons at WR) than anything they have faced previously.

Was Cassel's success yesterday a sign of a slow, injured and aging secondary - or more of a team playing prevent? I really hope it's the latter... :D

Anyway, we could be primed for an old school shoot out - that would be entertaining.

Mile High Mania
11-15-2010, 12:27 PM
They didn't run up the score at all. They took the suspense out of the game early, and that really sucked. But it is hard to blame the Broncos, even though I hate them.
I would pay to see #51s balls on a skewer over an open fire though.

I can appreciate that...

Buck
11-15-2010, 12:28 PM
Buck - I'll let you start a Week 11 Chargers/Broncos thread if you like...

I was noticing that the Chargers have a highly ranked pass defense and thought "DAMN". Then, I looked at who they faced...

Cassel (@ KC) LOSS
Garrard (@ SD)
Hasselbeck (@ SEA) LOSS
Hall/Anderson (AZ @ SD)
Campbell (@ OAK) LOSS
Bradford (@STL) LOSS
Brady (@ SD) LOSS
Young/Collins (@ SD)
Schaub (@ HOU)

Really - there's an elite guy and a top 12 guy, then a bunch of other.

Rivers has been the leading QB in each game and in each game and opposing RB has been the leading RB. Weird.

Rivers has done great things with a cast of craziness... but dare I say the Broncos bring the most lethal (ie - more weapons at WR) than anything they have faced previously.

Was Cassel's success yesterday a sign of a slow, injured and aging secondary - or more of a team playing prevent? I really hope it's the latter... :D

Anyway, we could be primed for an old school shoot out - that would be entertaining.

I have no interest in starting a thread, nor do I care for how my team ranks when it comes to Pass D. I just want to win.

Mile High Mania
11-15-2010, 12:55 PM
I have no interest in starting a thread, nor do I care for how my team ranks when it comes to Pass D. I just want to win.

Just noticed your signature line, now that's funny...

HemiEd
11-15-2010, 01:02 PM

Cassel, is a 80% target accuracy thrower. If it is a 20 yard pass, he will get within 4 yards of the target. If it is a 10 yard pass, he will get it within 2 yards of the target.

So that prevent defense, with the game already decided, was the perfect set up for him to have that huge stat day.

The irony of it, he is largely responsible for the fuckups that got them that far behind, but will probably get patted on the back for the numbers.
It would really suck if that is the leverage that gets him over the top for a longer tenure at KC.

Buck
11-20-2010, 04:48 PM
Just noticed your signature line, now that's funny...

It sucks because now whenever I think about possibly making the playoffs, I'm more worried about having to play the Pats or Steelers rather than just looking forward to getting in.