PDA

View Full Version : Football Why so many stupendous blowouts this season?

Ugly Duck
11-16-2010, 12:47 AM
Eagles were up 35-0 on Redskins in the early 2nd quarter.
Denver was up 35-0 on KC Chiefs in the early 2nd quarter.
Raiders were up 38-0 on Broncos in the early 2nd quarter.

I don't ever remember those kinda numbers that many times in a season. What is going on? Broncos aren't that kinda score better than KC. Oakland isn't that kinda score better than Denver (Raiders were lucky to even squeak by KC). What makes a defense lapse so badly that it looks like they're not even there? I don't get it.....

RealSNR
11-16-2010, 12:51 AM
400 lb men are sodomizing the players' children the day before the game. It leaves them traumatized.

For the Chiefs, Shaun Smith took the locker room jokes too far and invaded the homes of our secondary last night

Fritz88
11-16-2010, 01:00 AM
Shity defenses that are exposed.
Posted via Mobile Device

Phobia
11-16-2010, 01:01 AM
Instant replay is broken.

CaliforniaChief
11-16-2010, 01:05 AM
Good question, OP. I honestly have nothing but guesses.

1. Superior game-planning and inability to adjust (poor coaching).
2. Sometimes, teams just don't show up (and conversely, do show up).
3. Fantasy football lords have taken over the NFL.

Ugly Duck
11-16-2010, 01:14 AM
Sometimes, teams just don't show up (and conversely, do show up).

You know... thats kinda what it looks like. Like the whole freakin defense just doesn't have a sense of urgency or something. They all know their responsibilities, but they just don't have their heart in it enough to hustle. I wonder if its a "my million$ are already in the bank, so whatever" syndrome...

bowener
11-16-2010, 01:17 AM
1. There may be no season next year and so very rich veterans are pretty much coasting this season.
2. There may be no season next year and so very underpaid players are pretty much fighting tooth and nail to make any last cent they can.
3. "Any given Sunday?"

Buck
11-16-2010, 01:25 AM
That's only 3 UD.

Three7s
11-16-2010, 01:30 AM
I think the main reason is a perfect storm on that given game.

The Broncos have had injury issues all year, and when they were at their peak, they got destroyed by the Raiders. Of course, just as they got destroyed, they get their O-line back to full health against us and we lose our starting free safety and backup safety. So, against a top 5 passing offense, we have a practice squad guy out there, thanks to Donald Washington being benched due to sucking. Result? 35-0 in the 2nd quarter.

I'm not sure what got into the Eagles tonight, or maybe the Redskins didn't feel like going on national TV.