"Sometimes you're drafted to a team where the
coaches try to make you fit their system," said
Ayers, who in 2009 became another defensive
end/outside linebacker drafted in the first round
by the Broncos. "People don't realize how much a
system means to a player's success. I can
definitely say that Jarvis Moss can play in this
league. There's a lot of guys in the league who
have been released and go on to have success.
Jarvis knows that. He's going to be fine."

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_16637970

the Talking Can
11-17-2010, 03:18 PM
cue knowhomo

Sofa King
11-17-2010, 03:23 PM
He would start for the Chiefs, we're just really deep at LBer and DE /knowmo

suds79
11-17-2010, 03:23 PM
While I'm sure Bronco fans wish they wouldn't have whiffed on Moss in the 1st place, I can respect it when a team cuts bait rather than holding onto a guy out of fear to admit they made a mistake (COUGH: Cassel & Jackson).

Bane
11-17-2010, 03:24 PM
Hmmmm.Redo!
Posted via Mobile Device

vailpass
11-17-2010, 03:26 PM
Word is that Mays' game against KC gave them confidence to release Moss, figuring Mays can hold the fort until Ayers retruns. They liked his tenacity and explosiveness. Moekaki would agree if he could remember the game.

BigMeatballDave
11-17-2010, 03:40 PM
While I'm sure Bronco fans wish they wouldn't have whiffed on Moss in the 1st place, I can respect it when a team cuts bait rather than holding onto a guy out of fear to admit they made a mistake (COUGH: Cassel & Jackson).To be fair, this is Moss' 4th season.

Mr. Laz
11-17-2010, 03:40 PM
While I'm sure Bronco fans wish they wouldn't have whiffed on Moss in the 1st place, I can respect it when a team cuts bait rather than holding onto a guy out of fear to admit they made a mistake (COUGH: Cassel & Jackson).
omg ... you don't cut Jackson after 21 games :doh!:

suds79
11-17-2010, 03:41 PM
To be fair, this is Moss' 4th season.

Lets hope Scott is ahead of the curve at least on Matt. :thumb:

chiefsnorth
11-17-2010, 03:42 PM
Mays seems like a fine player, but given his build, I wonder if he might be on roids.

BigMeatballDave
11-17-2010, 03:43 PM
Lets hope Scott is ahead of the curve at least on Matt. :thumb:I'm willing to give Jackson a 3rd season, but Cassel needs to go now.

vailpass
11-17-2010, 03:43 PM
Mays seems like a fine player, but given his build, I wonder if he might be on roids.

God I hope so.

The Franchise
11-17-2010, 03:44 PM
The dude was never an OLB in the 3-4 system. He'll catch on as a DE in the 4-3 somewhere.

vailpass
11-17-2010, 03:45 PM
The dude was never an OLB in the 3-4 system. He'll catch on as a DE in the 4-3 somewhere.

3-4 fucks with a lot of players, no doubt about it. I don't know if it was the system or if Moss just can't hack it in the NFL.

LiL stumppy
11-17-2010, 03:47 PM

I am glad people like you don't and never will run a front office.

With that thinking on Jackson, we would have cut Dorsey a year and half ago because he wasn't dominating...

Good thing we gave him time to develop huh?

Nope, Jackson sucks, he doesn't get as long as Dorsey.

Dumbass

Quesadilla Joe
11-17-2010, 03:48 PM
Denver gave Moss so much time to prove himself. Dude has been the worst player on the team for the past 4 years.

DaKCMan AP
11-17-2010, 03:48 PM
3-4 fucks with a lot of players, no doubt about it. I don't know if it was the system or if Moss just can't hack it in the NFL.

He was never a consistent performer at Florida. Always had injury issues, never put much weight on his frame. He had a few spectacular games in 2006, but never showed more than 'flashes' of a 1st rounder.

BigMeatballDave
11-17-2010, 03:51 PM
Denver gave Moss so much time to prove himself. Dude has been the worst player on the team for the past 4 years.Hey! Who are you and what have you done with KnowMo?

vailpass
11-17-2010, 03:52 PM
He was never a consistent performer at Florida. Always had injury issues, never put much weight on his frame. He had a few spectacular games in 2006, but never showed more than 'flashes' of a 1st rounder.

Sounds like a desperation 1st round reach pick to me. No coincidence the guys that drafted him got shit canned.

Awesome Aric
11-18-2010, 02:25 AM
HERP DERP.

El Jefe
11-18-2010, 09:38 AM

After 20 some games?

El Jefe
11-18-2010, 09:39 AM
I'm willing to give Jackson a 3rd season, but Cassel needs to go now.

QFTDT

Al Bundy
11-24-2010, 06:28 PM
http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/11/24/jarvis-moss-joins-raiders-as-de-after-getting-glowing-recommenda/

With defensive end Trevor Scott lost for the rest of the season due to a knee injury, the Oakland Raiders on Wednesday signed free agent defensive end Jarvis Moss.

Scott was hurt on the final play of the first half while covering a punt in Sunday's 35-3 loss at Pittsburgh. Raiders coach Tom Cable said on Monday that Scott suffered an ACL injury.

Moss was a first-round pick by the Denver Broncos in 2007. He was released two weeks ago after a disappointing three-season stay in which he had only 3.5 sacks.

Raiders owner Al Davis has kept his eye on Moss in recent years, believing he might have been miscast as an outside linebacker in the Broncos' 3-4 scheme. He even recently asked Raiders wide receiver Louis Murphy, a teammate of Moss in college at Florida, for his scouting report on Moss.

"He told me the owner had asked about me several times," said Moss, who practiced with the Raiders on Wednesday for the first time. "It was all positive stuff, so from my point of view, that's good to know I'm wanted. Now I want to give, knowing that I was actually wanted and they gave me an opportunity."

With the Raiders, Moss will get the chance to return to his natural position at defensive end in the 4-3 alignment under defensive coordinator John Marshall.

WhitiE
11-24-2010, 06:32 PM
hope hes a raider for the next ten years