PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Carl Peterson schadenfreude, bitches!

Hammock Parties
11-20-2010, 12:04 PM
Carl Peterson, former Chiefs boss, can't find NFL job despite Dick Vermeil guarantee

http://blogs.pitch.com/plog/2010/11/something_happens_to_football.php

http://blogs.pitch.com/plog/Carl%20and%20Lamar.jpg

Carl Peterson (right) presides over his two-man fan club.

Something happens to football coaches after they win Super Bowls. They start to believe they can do and say anything they want.

Jon Gruden thinks he's projecting towheaded adorableness when he's spouting cliches in the Monday Night Football booth. Tony Dungy turned into America's sanctimonious dad after the Colts beat a so-so Bears team in the XLI edition of the big game. And Dick Vermeil makes guarantees that aren't worth shit.

We got to thinking about Vermeil upon learning that former Chiefs President and G.M. Carl Peterson will not join the Dolphins' front office. Vermeil once predicted that Peterson would have his choice of jobs if he left the Chiefs.

Peterson was considered a candidate in Miami because he and team owner Steve Ross go back to the USFL. Itinerant football man Bill Parcells relinquished his hold on the Dolphins' football operations before the 2010 season began.

Chiefs fans may recall that Peterson raced to Miami after he got sacked stepped down at the end of the Chiefs' 2008 season. Peterson stood on the sidelines of a Dolphins playoff game, a flipper pin in his lapel, in attempt to let everyone know he was still important.

But he's not. No NFL team has asked Peterson to help them draft terrible defensive linemen or soak fans, two of King Carl's specialties.

Vermeil didn't think it was going to down like this. Before the 2008 season, he told The Kansas City Star that Peterson would be a hot item if he ever became a free agent. "If it does happen (that he leaves), he'll have the equal job in a week," Vermeil said. "There aren't any other Carl Petersons out there."

Actually, people who manage their bosses better than they manage organizations (another Carl specialty) are pretty easy to find, Dick. Time to take off the diapers and admit you blew that one.

L.A. Chieffan
11-20-2010, 12:07 PM
Who?

Bane
11-20-2010, 12:08 PM
:cuss:

tk13
11-20-2010, 12:09 PM
Who cares? I never understand, this is example #2424920 of people worried about some stupid pointless soundbite a coach gives. What is he supposed to say there, that he won't get another job?

BigMeatballDave
11-20-2010, 12:11 PM
Shocking. After 20 seasons of destroying this franchise? I cant believe it...

LaChapelle
11-20-2010, 12:15 PM
Peterson is the standard that Pioli has to rise up to
and it starts with a full stadium on Sundays
Offense sells tickets so be ready for 1st round WRs

tk13
11-20-2010, 12:16 PM
It's the same thing with Gruden and Dungy too. They have too many buddies, they don't want to ruffle feathers. That's why Childress got so much attention when he actually threw Favre under the bus. Most coaches don't do that, even when they disagree with something.

Chiefshrink
11-20-2010, 12:42 PM
Shocking. After 20 seasons of destroying this franchise? I cant believe it...

What comes around goes around. Carl made alot of enemies in the NFL IMO.

Deberg_1990
11-20-2010, 12:44 PM
ehh....Who knows....but i think Petersons time has passed....

His main problem was, he stuck with the Chiefs for 10 years too long. If he would have left in 98 with Marty, he would be a KC Legend and probably still young enough to move to another team and have success.

BigMeatballDave
11-20-2010, 12:46 PM
What comes around goes around. Carl made alot of enemies in the NFL IMO.All joking aside, No owner in his right mind would ever hire Carl to run the football side of its organization. 20 seasons and not ONE SB appearance. Pathetic.

Rain Man
11-20-2010, 03:41 PM

His main problem was, he stuck with the Chiefs for 10 years too long. If he would have left in 98 with Marty, he would be a KC Legend and probably still young enough to move to another team and have success.

Exactly.

His last ten years were like those sitcoms where they run out of story lines so they bring in a young child thinking that a cute child will let them milk a few more years out of the show. In Carl's case, the cute child was Herm Edwards.

big nasty kcnut
11-20-2010, 03:51 PM
Damnit carl.

MichaelH
11-20-2010, 03:58 PM
It's not like he's an office worker trying to pad his resume to get a job. His suck is widely known.

pr_capone
11-20-2010, 04:06 PM
Fuck him. I hope his wife leaves him and takes half his cash, he then goes on a gambling binge to cope with the depression and loses everything.

A fitting end to Carl Peterson would his taking his last breath under a bridge.

Donger
11-20-2010, 04:10 PM
My, my. What a shame.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-20-2010, 04:17 PM

Agreed.

This current team has a lot of build to do and guts to cultivate before it can sniff the the jock of the 1990's.

Life/deal with it.

Frazod
11-20-2010, 04:46 PM
Dick probably doesn't understand why Greg fucking Robinson isn't coaching in the NFL, either.

CrazyHorse
11-20-2010, 05:37 PM
Wow! That was like reading 3rd grade hate letter.

You can tell its written by someone who just wants to hurl insults for the sake of being consoled

I agree with some off content. But the writing is "woman scorned esque"

cabletech94
11-20-2010, 05:50 PM
Damnit carl.

that made me laugh out loud.

:clap:, sir!

Otter
11-20-2010, 05:53 PM
Gunther and Herm should be along any minute to pull some strings for Carl.