PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs PFT: Larry Fitzgerald may not be long for Arizona

Dante84
11-21-2010, 10:32 AM
Gentleman, start your boners.

Larry Fitzgerald may not be long for Arizona

Posted by Mike Florio on November 21, 2010, 11:03 AM EST

As the Cardinals slump, thanks to a quarterback succession plan that didn’t include success in the planning, their biggest star is getting frustrated.

And we think it’s only a matter of time before receiver Larry Fitzgerald tries to get out.

Though he has a knack for saying all the right things, Fitzgerald’s tact is beginning to show cracks. Earlier this week, Fitzgerald gushed about the impact that former Cardinals offensive coordinator Todd Haley (now the head coach of the Chiefs, today’s Arizona opponent) on Fitzgerald’s career, prompting some to think that Fitzgerald already is thinking about a reunion.

Regardless of where Fitzgerald may want to play, it’s looking more and more like he won’t want to stay in Arizona.

“It’s definitely difficult to deal with,” Fitzgerald said of the team’s current fate, according to Kent Somers of the Arizona Republic. “You go home and you can’t escape it. You turn the TV on and [it's], ‘The Cardinals lost four in a row.’”

But hasn’t Fitzgerald already endured that during the lean years that preceded 2008?

“I had never won on this level before,” Fitzgerald said regarding the team’s not-too-distant history of losing. “I’ve tasted the caviar now, so eating out of the garbage is not where I want to be.” (What’s wrong with eating out of the garbage?)

Though most players not named Randy Moss can’t just talk their way out of town, Fitzgerald is in the third season of a four-year deal executed at a time when leverage from the big-money back end of his rookie deal allowed him to obtain $40 million over four years and a commitment that the Cardinals won’t use the franchise tag once the contract expires after the 2011 season.

In fact, the Cardinals would be wise to consider moving Fitzgerald in the offseason for a first-rounder-plus package that would give them something on which to build, in lieu of seeing Larry finish out his contract and walk away for no compensation.

FWIW, it's just speculation. But, I would speculate all over a kleenex if this comes true.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-21-2010, 10:34 AM
Wow.

LaChapelle
11-21-2010, 10:34 AM
I want a percentage of the auction house's take

milkman
11-21-2010, 10:35 AM
FWIW, it's just speculation. But, I would speculate all over a kleenex if this comes true.

Just make sure there's no premature speculation.

Wyndex
11-21-2010, 10:38 AM
nsfw tag needed with all the speculation going on in here

Buehler445
11-21-2010, 10:47 AM
Just make sure there's no premature speculation.

Too late. I've already speculated 3 times.

CaliforniaChief
11-21-2010, 11:03 AM
My speculation is causing me to go blind. So I suppose it's blind speculation.

Dante84
11-21-2010, 11:24 AM
I might be long for Larry Fitzgerald

beach tribe
11-21-2010, 11:25 AM
Damn, I would love to have him. we've got the dough, he would play here, and he fits the team profile. I can really see this happening.

Bane
11-21-2010, 11:26 AM
Haley would the whole thing.

kcfanXIII
11-21-2010, 11:26 AM
Damn, I would love to have him. we've got the dough, he would play here, and he fits the team profile. I can really see this happening.

its interesting to actually have a real chance at a superstar like this. i already speculated this morning, but i might have to speculate some more before the game starts..

Chiefshrink
11-21-2010, 11:33 AM
Haley's stroking now as we speak and I damn guarantee you these 2 will have more than just a "hey how's it going" conversation during pre-game today. If this miracle would happen I really feel Fitz would cause No-show to get rid of his ADD(attention deficit disorder) and become a true D-bowe show "WHEN IT REALLY COUNTS"!!!!

Chiefshrink
11-21-2010, 11:35 AM
Is he still under contract, or UFA or RFA after this yr ?? If he still is under contract what would you be willing to give up to get him?

Frankie
11-21-2010, 11:38 AM
Is he still under contract, or UFA or RFA after this yr ?? If he still is under contract what would you be willing to give up to get him?

Will have one year remaining on his current contract after this year.

Frankie
11-21-2010, 11:40 AM
Haley's stroking now as we speak and I damn guarantee you these 2 will have more than just a "hey how's it going" conversation during pre-game today. If this miracle would happen I really feel Fitz would cause No-show to get rid of his ADD(attention deficit disorder) and become a true D-bowe show "WHEN IT REALLY COUNTS"!!!!

Sadly they'll probably get rid of Bowe if they bring LFG in. I'd like to see them both start together. :(

Chiefs Pantalones
11-21-2010, 11:40 AM
Will have one year remaining on his current contract after this year.

Hopefully there's no lockout. There can't be trades if the NFL is in a lockout.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-21-2010, 11:41 AM

That's a good point. If Fitz shows up in KC, expect Bowe to be the next Boldin. Expect Cassel to be, well, Cassel. :facepalm:

kcfanXIII
11-21-2010, 11:41 AM
having d bowe in that #2 slot wouldn't be a bad spot for him at all. fitz, bowe, DMC, and moe"ouchie". thats a lot of playmakers inside cassel's 10 yard range.

-King-
11-21-2010, 11:44 AM
Fitz
Bowe
Moeaki
DMC

And Charles in the backfield

Excuse me while I go to the bathroom and speculate.

Ebolapox
11-21-2010, 11:46 AM
having d bowe in that #2 slot wouldn't be a bad spot for him at all. fitz, bowe, DMC, and moe"ouchie". thats a lot of playmakers inside cassel's 10 yard range.

moe-achey works better.

Chiefshrink
11-21-2010, 11:47 AM

ROFLROFLROFLROFL You hit that one out of the park!!

Rausch
11-21-2010, 11:47 AM
Fitz
Bowe
Moeaki
DMC

And Charles in the backfield

Excuse me while I go to the bathroom and speculate.

Fuck Bowe.

Trade him for someone like Fitz that CONSISTENTLY catches the football...

milkman
11-21-2010, 11:50 AM
moe-achey works better.

Tony MoBreakie.

Chiefshrink
11-21-2010, 11:51 AM
Sadly they'll probably get rid of Bowe if they bring LFG in. I'd like to see them both start together. :(

No shit Frankie!!!:thumb: I will go out on the limb and say Haley talks Pioli into keeping Bowe tempting Pioli to create the LFG/Boldin II show in KC.:thumb:

Ebolapox
Tony MoBreakie.

yeah, that works even better than mine.

Frankie
**** Bowe.

I don't agree. Bowe is still an ascending player IMO.

Plus he's my wife's favorite Chief. ;)

Rausch
11-21-2010, 11:52 AM
I don't agree. Bowe is still an ascending player IMO.

Plus he's my wife's favorite Chief. ;)

Get a new wife while you're at it...

Chiefshrink
11-21-2010, 11:53 AM
Tony MoBreakie.

Yes, I have the feeling as well that the Todd Heap syndrome has started already for this young man even though we all know this injury syndrome started way back in college:rolleyes:

Frankie
11-21-2010, 11:53 AM
No shit Frankie!!!:thumb: I will go out on the limb and say Haley talks Pioli into keeping Bowe tempting Pioli to create the LFG/Boldin II show in KC.:thumb:

Gee I hope so.

Frankie
11-21-2010, 11:55 AM
Get a new wife while you're at it...

Hell no!!!! She's my soul mate.

Fritz88
11-21-2010, 12:00 PM
No use for him if we anit got no QB that can throw.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefshrink
11-21-2010, 12:13 PM
**** Bowe.

Nahhhh, something tells me Haley will pull a classic Parcells move on Bowe when Haley's favorite child comes to town purposely doting all over Fitz making remarks about LFG's workethic, fantastic catches and clutch catches when it is needed the most all through training camp, pre-season and the regular season.

I can see Haley making provoking remarks all next yr indirectly and directly to Bowe. If this miracle happens this will be extremely entertaining to watch.

Example: Todd: Hey No-show watch how a champion catches the ball here in the clutch on this 3rd down play to keep the drive going to ice the game. See!!!! That's how it is done!!! You haven't shown me you have a big enough pair to achieve this goal for our team. Now with that being said "no-show" you can either get your feelings hurt and go cry like pussy and demand a trade or you can become a champion like my "go to guy" Larry. It's really up to you. Let me know ASAP whether you want to be on a SB winning team or you want traded, ok???

Because right now "no-show" you are nothing but a 5'o'clock hitter.

Dante84
11-21-2010, 12:21 PM
Nahhhh, something tells me Haley will pull a classic Parcells move on Bowe when Haley's favorite child comes to town purposely doting all over Fitz making remarks about LFG's workethic, fantastic catches and clutch catches when it is needed the most all through training camp, pre-season and the regular season.

I can see Haley making provoking remarks all next yr indirectly and directly to Bowe. If this miracle happens this will be extremely entertaining to watch.

Example: Todd: Hey No-show watch how a champion catches the ball here in the clutch on this 3rd down play to keep the drive going to ice the game. See!!!! That's how it is done!!! You haven't shown me you have a big enough pair to achieve this goal for our team. Now with that being said "no-show" you can either get your feelings hurt and go cry like pussy and demand a trade or you can become a champion like my "go to guy" Larry. It's really up to you. Let me know ASAP whether you want to be on a SB winning team or you want traded, ok???

Because right now "no-show" you are nothing but a 5'o'clock hitter.

I read this and pictured you playing with action figures

Kyle DeLexus
11-21-2010, 12:51 PM
Fitz and Bowe also workout together.

Chiefshrink
11-21-2010, 12:57 PM
I read this and pictured you playing with action figures

Hey Dildo84 you keep bangin your male blow-up dolls and I will stay with my action figures ok:D

Chiefshrink
11-21-2010, 12:58 PM
Fitz and Bowe also workout together.

Damn, it's enevitable now:)

Dante84
11-21-2010, 01:07 PM
Hey Dildo84 you keep bangin your male blow-up dolls and I will stay with my action figures ok:D

Eeee-heee-heee-zayyy, shrinkypoo.

and who told you about kevin...

Ultra Peanut
11-21-2010, 03:03 PM
i want to go to there

Thig Lyfe
11-21-2010, 03:22 PM
People who would get rid of Bowe after acquiring Fitzgerald are dumbtarded. Bowegerald is a dream team. A wet dream team.

-King-
11-21-2010, 03:24 PM
Haley and Fitz shared a very long talk and hug after the game. I hope we can get him.

Chiefshrink
11-21-2010, 03:29 PM
Haley and Fitz shared a very long talk and hug after the game. I hope we can get him.

What did I tell ya baby!!!!!:thumb:

Mama Hip Rockets
11-21-2010, 04:00 PM
what would you be willing to give up to get him?

Everything.

FloridaMan88
11-21-2010, 04:15 PM
A Fitzgerald/Bowe WR duo would be unreal... anyone the Chiefs bring in to replace washed up Chambers will be an upgrade at the WR position opposite Bowe.

Agent V
11-21-2010, 04:22 PM
Get him. Get him now. Give him money, whores, cars, oral sex -- everything.

Thig Lyfe
11-21-2010, 04:26 PM
Pioli should lure him with a $1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 contract.

Agent V
11-21-2010, 04:27 PM

And whores.

LocoChiefsFan
11-21-2010, 05:10 PM

Come on man, he's stayed fairly healthy through the regular season. It's not his fault he got blasted. Concussions can happen to anyone at anytime in the NFL. Oh yeah, would love to see LFG come to KC.

Frankie
11-21-2010, 07:09 PM
A Fitzgerald/Bowe WR duo would be unreal... anyone the Chiefs bring in to replace washed up Chambers will be an upgrade at the WR position opposite Bowe.

Add Moeaki and McCluster (slot) and this would be a nightmare for the opposing DCs. Chambers needs to go, and this comes from a former fan of his. It sure looks like we might have at least one good back up in Copper and Tucker.

Thig Lyfe
11-21-2010, 07:10 PM
I just wanna post in this thread every day until it happens because I believe in magic.

Dante84
11-21-2010, 07:10 PM
Add Moeaki and McCluster (slot) and this would be a nightmare for the opposing DCs. Chambers needs to go, and this comes from a former fan of his. It sure looks like we might have at least one good back up in Copper and Cutter (?).

Tucker.

Frankie
11-21-2010, 07:11 PM

Dream on. The Chiefs won't even give ME that much money, if I came out of retirement.

Frankie
11-21-2010, 07:12 PM
Tucker.

Thanks dude. I knew I wasn't right, but close.

Shogun
11-21-2010, 07:14 PM
I just wanna post in this thread every day until it happens because I believe in magic.

Preach, brother Sportsracer

Dante84
11-21-2010, 07:14 PM
Thanks dude. I knew I wasn't right, but close.

No sweat. They've been giving him some more playing time, surprisingly enough.

Hammock Parties
11-22-2010, 05:36 PM
Oh yeah.

http://i51.tinypic.com/i6b2nr.jpg

Oregon chief
11-22-2010, 05:48 PM
Oh yeah.

Holy **** do I love that!

-King-
11-22-2010, 05:50 PM
Oh yeah.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/SpAgtSparrow/facebook/andy_samberg_jimp.gif

CaliforniaChief
11-22-2010, 05:50 PM
Wow GoChiefs...that picture was worthy of your 100,000th post.

Stinger
11-22-2010, 05:59 PM
Oh yeah.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/stinger871/Chief%20Planet/andy_samberg_jimp.gif

-King-
11-22-2010, 06:01 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/stinger871/Chief%20Planet/andy_samberg_jimp.gif

Nice repost guy.

joemama
11-22-2010, 06:25 PM
Insert Haley O face gif.

KcFaNiNJerZeY
11-22-2010, 06:32 PM
Oh yeah.

:thumb:

BigRedChief
11-22-2010, 06:32 PM
Oh yeah.

http://i51.tinypic.com/i6b2nr.jpgyou need to photoshop a Chiefs uniform on fitz.

the Talking Can
11-22-2010, 06:34 PM
Oh yeah.

ROFL

Cards fans are loving that........

Dante84
11-22-2010, 07:32 PM
hmm.. whoever number 11 is currently on our team better be willing to change or GTFO

Dante84
11-22-2010, 07:34 PM
hmm.. whoever number 11 is currently on our team better be willing to change or GTFO

Nevermind....

the number is available.
:D

Dante84
11-22-2010, 07:35 PM
Oh yeah.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LJE7zXZQlJY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LJE7zXZQlJY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

chiefzilla1501
11-22-2010, 07:50 PM
I know I'm going to get shit for this....

But one concern you have to consider is that if you bring in Fitzgerald and also keep Bowe, then you force this team to be an aerial offense. That is a complete change in philosophy. I don't think you can keep both WRs happy if you limit their touches.

I don't know if this is a team that is looking to be built around being explosive on offense. If we're going to be an aerial offense, we better have a franchise QB who can score by the truckload. It was my biggest criticism when the Bengals got T.O. People sometimes get so obsessed with star players that they don't really consider how much the system has to change to accommodate certain players.

chiefzilla1501
11-22-2010, 07:50 PM

But one concern you have to consider is that if you bring in Fitzgerald and also keep Bowe, then you force this team to be an aerial offense. That is a complete change in philosophy. I don't think you can keep both WRs happy if you limit their touches.

I don't know if this is a team that is looking to be built around being explosive on offense. If we're going to be an aerial offense, we better have a franchise QB who can score by the truckload. It was my biggest criticism when the Bengals got T.O. People sometimes get so obsessed with star players that they don't really consider how much the system has to change to accommodate certain players.

Hammock Parties
11-22-2010, 07:57 PM

Bullshit.

You force it to be a balanced offense, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Comparison: the 1997 Denver Broncos.

#6 in rushing attempts, two receivers with 70+ catches.

2nd comparison: the 2000 Denver Broncos.

#4 in rushing attempts, two receivers with ONE HUNDRED catches.

DaneMcCloud
11-22-2010, 07:59 PM
With two choices in each of the first four rounds, I'd be more concerned with Fitzgerald going to the Patriots.

Sure-Oz
11-22-2010, 08:00 PM
Fitz and Bowe omg hi 2 u

DBOSHO
11-22-2010, 08:03 PM

Im not worried about fitzgerald being happy, but bowe. Fitz was going to take a paycut to keep boldin.

chiefzilla1501
11-22-2010, 08:08 PM
Bullshit.

You force it to be a balanced offense, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Comparison: the 1997 Denver Broncos.

#6 in rushing attempts, two receivers with 70+ catches.

2nd comparison: the 2000 Denver Broncos.

#4 in rushing attempts, two receivers with ONE HUNDRED catches.

Weren't you the one who talked shit to me when I said that bringing in TO was a dumb idea for the Bengals because it completely changed the way they run their offense, which then completely changed they way they approached defense?

The Broncos had John Elway. I would LOVE to know that we have a chance to bring in a QB like Elway or Brees or Brady or Manning, but that's really hard to do. I think we need to search for a great QB regardless, but bringing in two 100-catch type receivers really puts even more pressure to find not just a good, but an elite QB to take the team deep into the playoffs.

Hammock Parties
11-22-2010, 08:14 PM
The Broncos had John Elway. I would LOVE to know that we have a chance to bring in a QB like Elway or Brees or Brady or Manning, but that's really hard to do. I think we need to search for a great QB regardless, but bringing in two 100-catch type receivers really puts even more pressure to find not just a good, but an elite QB to take the team deep into the playoffs.

Like Brian Griese? LMAO

Hell, I can play this game all day. Look at the 2007 Chiefs. Bowe had 70 catches, Gonzalez had 99. That wasn't an "aerial" offense. Look at the 2008 Chiefs. 86 and 96.

Just because you have two big threats at receiver doesn't mean you have to suddenly start throwing more than you run.

KCinNY
11-22-2010, 08:22 PM
Oh yeah.

Gentlemen, start your boners.

chiefzilla1501
11-22-2010, 08:23 PM
Like Brian Griese? LMAO

Hell, I can play this game all day. Look at the 2007 Chiefs. Bowe had 70 catches, Gonzalez had 99. That wasn't an "aerial" offense. Look at the 2008 Chiefs. 86 and 96.

Just because you have two big threats at receiver doesn't mean you have to suddenly start throwing more than you run.

How far did those teams go in the playoffs?

Simply Red
11-22-2010, 08:24 PM
I see the fact that Fitzgerald is around 8' 1" - helping out Matt Cassel.

Hammock Parties
11-22-2010, 08:25 PM
You're saying those teams didn't win playoff games because of their balanced offensive philosophy? What the fuck, really?

Thig Lyfe
11-22-2010, 08:26 PM
With two choices in each of the first four rounds, I'd be more concerned with Fitzgerald going to the Patriots.

You shut your mouth.

Frankie
11-22-2010, 08:59 PM
Im not worried about fitzgerald being happy, but bowe. Fitz was going to take a paycut to keep boldin.

Quoting my son's email:

"And did you hear what Bowe said about not celebrating his second touchdown? Something like "Fitz doesn't do it." Sounds like a guy who looks up to and would likely work well with one of the best."

Frankie
11-22-2010, 09:02 PM

That would be FitzBoweners, of course.

Frankie
11-22-2010, 09:12 PM

That would be FitzBoweners, of course.

Frankie
11-22-2010, 09:19 PM
OK, I'm not trying to be a post whore. Somethings wrong with the planet.

Of course I could have deleted one of the dupes, but why reduce my post numbers?

;)

BigRedChief
11-22-2010, 09:21 PM
Quoting my son's email:

"And did you hear what Bowe said about not celebrating his second touchdown? Something like "Fitz doesn't do it." Sounds like a guy who looks up to and would likely work well with one of the best."they have worked out together in the off season and Haley has encouraged the friendship because he wants Bowe to know what it takes to be the best.
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1201.snc4/155321_1715684175732_1347052222_1847021_668227_n.jpg

Frankie
11-22-2010, 09:27 PM
OK, I'm not trying to be a post whore. Somethings wrong with the planet.

Of course I could have deleted one of the dupes, but why reduce my post numbers?

;)

chiefzilla1501
11-22-2010, 10:26 PM
You're saying those teams didn't win playoff games because of their balanced offensive philosophy? What the ****, really?

First of all, using Brian Griese as an example is flawed for so many reasons. Secondly, the Chiefs' offense wasn't balanced--it was a run LJ 400+ times and the rest of the time throw to two receivers offense.

I'm not saying it won't work. I'm asking what it will take TO work. Charlie Weis did make it work in New York w/Chrebet and Keyshawn, but those were two possession receivers. Weis has typically been a guy who loves screens, loves throwing to his tight ends, and would rather throw the occasional deep ball as opposed to having that be the feature of the offense. Between Moeaki, Charles, Bowe, Fitzgerald, and McCluster, in addition to sprinkling in a lot of runs, how do you spread out the touches? More than likely, Bowe or Fitzgerald or both are going to have deal with the fact that they're going to see significantly less touches and therefore less yardage. They seem like two quality guys who wouldn't be bothered by that. Then again, you see with the Miami Heat and with the Cincy Bengals that sharing touches between really good players isn't always so easy.

Hammock Parties
11-22-2010, 10:37 PM
First of all, using Brian Griese as an example is flawed for so many reasons.

Not really. Brian Griese was an average quarterback. He was surrounded with a lot of talent and Shanahan made it work.

Secondly, the Chiefs' offense wasn't balanced--it was a run LJ 400+ times and the rest of the time throw to two receivers offense.
You're thinking of 2006.

The bottom line is you can get the ball to two playmaking receivers consistently and you don't have to be a pass-first offense.

Hell, the 2008 Patriots...FEATURING MATT CASSEL...were 4th in the league in rushing attempts. Welker and Moss combined for 180 catches. If that's not enough proof that you're wrong, you'll never be convinced.

chiefzilla1501
11-22-2010, 10:51 PM
Not really. Brian Griese was an average quarterback. He was surrounded with a lot of talent and Shanahan made it work.

You're thinking of 2006.

The bottom line is you can get the ball to two playmaking receivers consistently and you don't have to be a pass-first offense.

Hell, the 2008 Patriots...FEATURING MATT CASSEL...were 4th in the league in rushing attempts. Welker and Moss combined for 180 catches. If that's not enough proof that you're wrong, you'll never be convinced.

Griese only made the playoffs once in 4 seasons, and he lost in the first round of the playoffs. Meanwhile, Shanahan took Jake Plummer with an older version of Smith, no stud #2 receiver, and an outstanding running game to the NFC Championship game.

The Patriots example is an interesting one. That's a good point. I'm not saying it can happen. Just wanted to explore if this forces us to completely change the way we run our team. You're probably right that it could easily work.

Sure-Oz
11-22-2010, 10:59 PM
It's all about wins and losses, id love fitz and bowe on the same team, running and passing would be deadly even with cassel.

HotRoute
11-22-2010, 11:30 PM
Haley has provided some great backgrounds the last few weeks...… now only if that chiefs jersey could get Photoshoped onto fitz???

Dante84
11-22-2010, 11:31 PM

REPOST.

(see o.p.)

8========>

BigMeatballDave
11-22-2010, 11:40 PM
they have worked out together in the off season and Haley has encouraged the friendship because he wants Bowe to know what it takes to be the best.
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1201.snc4/155321_1715684175732_1347052222_1847021_668227_n.jpgThe 2 of them playing together in Arrowhead gives me warm fuzzys:D

HotRoute
11-22-2010, 11:42 PM
For some reason I thought fitz was a lot taller than bowe, but it actually looks like they're about the same size

Hammock Parties
11-22-2010, 11:44 PM
If you want to come up with a real, legit reason why Fitz won't be a Chief it's money.

Bowe is going to want a new contract this offseason most likely. The Chiefs would need to give Fitz a new deal. I doubt seriously that Clark would want to shell out that much.

BigMeatballDave
11-22-2010, 11:47 PM

No really. If each receiver averaged 5 catches per game, you're still looking at 80 catches on the season. Thats still pretty good.

Marcellus
11-22-2010, 11:49 PM
If you want to come up with a real, legit reason why Fitz won't be a Chief it's money.

Bowe is going to want a new contract this offseason most likely. The Chiefs would need to give Fitz a new deal. I doubt seriously that Clark would want to shell out that much.

Why do you believe that? KC had huge payrolls in the 90's. If Pioli and Haley say do it, then they do it.

You are working off a misconception. We paid big $ to players in the past just the wrong players. Fitz doesn't fit into the wrong player profile.

Besides you have to pay a 1st round pick good $ and they would be trading that pick for Fitz so not a big difference.

BigMeatballDave
11-22-2010, 11:50 PM
For some reason I thought fitz was a lot taller than bowe, but it actually looks like they're about the same sizeFitz is listed at 6'3 and Bowe at 6'2. I was actually thinking Fitz was shorter.

Hammock Parties
11-22-2010, 11:54 PM
Besides you have to pay a 1st round pick good $ and they would be trading that pick for Fitz so not a big difference.

There will be a huge difference, because the Chiefs won't be picking in the top 10.

Fitzgerald's next contract will probably have $25 million in guaranteed money.

BigMeatballDave
11-22-2010, 11:55 PM
With two choices in each of the first four rounds, I'd be more concerned with Fitzgerald going to the Patriots.Maybe, but I cant see NE giving up a 1st and 3rd. Even if they would, our 1st and 3rd would carry more value.

Marcellus
11-22-2010, 11:55 PM
There will be a huge difference, because the Chiefs won't be picking in the top 10.

For a guaranteed great proven NFL receiver. No Brainer.

DaneMcCloud
11-22-2010, 11:58 PM
Maybe, but I cant see NE giving up a 1st and 3rd. Even if they would, our 1st and 3rd would carry more value.

The Patriots have the Raiders first round draft choice and as I stated earlier, two picks in rounds one, two, three & four.

They could blow four picks on Fitz and STILL have four picks in rounds 1-4.

They're loaded.

Direckshun
11-23-2010, 12:02 AM

I'd pull the trigger.

L.A. Chieffan
11-23-2010, 12:03 AM
fitz is a stud but i dunno you can get wrs in the draft

Chiefs=Champions
11-23-2010, 12:04 AM
The argument that we wouldnt be able to give them enough catches each is retarded.. Fitz is the ultimate team player anyway..

Dante84
11-23-2010, 12:08 PM
fitz is a stud but i dunno you can get wrs in the draft

Yep, its true. You can get WR's in the draft. They allow that sort of thing.

Would you spend a shit ton on a first round, never played a down WR? Or take a bigger gamble in the later rounds?

OR

Would you spend a first and a late rounder on an All-Pro, dare I say, potential hall of famer (when its all said and done)?

Imma go with the latter.

But yes, you CAN indeed draft WR's. You can.

Sofa King
11-23-2010, 01:41 PM
Bowe, Haley, and Fitz is now my background. i'm eagerly awaiting the fitz in KC uni photoshop as well.

LocoChiefsFan
11-26-2010, 04:57 PM
Bowe, Haley, and Fitz is now my background. i'm eagerly awaiting the fitz in KC uni photoshop as well.

I'm surprised we haven't seen one yet.

redngold85
11-26-2010, 06:42 PM
holy JIMP

Consistent1
11-26-2010, 06:46 PM
Yep, its true. You can get WR's in the draft. They allow that sort of thing.

Would you spend a shit ton on a first round, never played a down WR? Or take a bigger gamble in the later rounds?

OR

Would you spend a first and a late rounder on an All-Pro, dare I say, potential hall of famer (when its all said and done)?

Imma go with the latter.

But yes, you CAN indeed draft WR's. You can.

Wouldn't you feel pretty good right now if we had Williams from Tampa Bay? Even though Bryant had a tough game last night, wasn't he worth the high pick? To me the chances of Fitzgerald coming here are so low that it isn't even worth discussing much. Would it be cool?...yes. Will it happen?....Betting no.

Bowser
11-26-2010, 06:49 PM
Give them a two and a five next draft for Fitz, then a six in 2012.

Dante84
01-27-2011, 06:49 PM
Sources: Larry Fitzgerald Could Be Available Via Trade, But Only for 'Right Price'
by Jeff Howe on Thu, Jan 27, 2011

For the right price, Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald could be available in a trade, according to league sources, but that doesn't mean the Cards are actively trying to unload him.
In fact, no one polled for this story had any direct knowledge of whether the Cardinals have had any legitimate discussions about trading their star receiver, so take that for what it's worth.

The Cardinals, who went 5-11 this season and have the fifth pick in April's draft, desperately need a quarterback. After Kurt Warner retired last year, the Cardinals rolled out Derek Anderson, John Skelton, Max Hall and Richard Bartel in 2010. That foursome combined to complete 284 of 559 passes (50.8 percent) for 3,247 yards, 10 touchdowns and 19 interceptions this season.

Fitzgerald is regarded as one of the three best wide receivers in the NFL, along with Detroit's Calvin Johnson and Houston's Andre Johnson, and he's got immense talent and a pristine reputation off the field.

The Patriots might be in play for a wide receiver this offseason. Bengals wideout Chad Ochocinco has been linked to New England, and former Pats receiver Donte Stallworth told NESN.com he'd be "100 percent" interested in returning to New England.

The Pats are also equipped with two picks in both the first and second rounds of the draft, which would give them more than enough ammunition to acquire Fitzgerald if they'd like to explore that avenue. However, there aren't considered to be any franchise-caliber quarterbacks in the 2011 draft class, so the Cardinals might not be overly interested in anything the Pats would have to offer.

http://www.nesn.com/2011/01/sources-larry-fitzgerald-could-be-available-via-trade-but-only-for-right-price.html

Update in the Larry Fitz saga....

KurtCobain
01-27-2011, 06:52 PM
If they can sign a QB like McNabb or trade for Kolb I don't see why they let Fitz go.

Dante84
01-27-2011, 06:55 PM
If they can sign a QB like McNabb or trade for Kolb I don't see why they let Fitz go.

Because they'd let him walk for nothing at the end of the season if there isn't a contract extension.

It was reported that they were "in talks" about a month or two ago. Who knows.

JD10367
01-27-2011, 07:05 PM
"The Patriots might be in play for a wide receiver this offseason. Bengals wideout Chad Ochocinco has been linked to New England, and former Pats receiver Donte Stallworth told NESN.com he'd be "100 percent" interested in returning to New England."

If they got Stallworth, I'd puke.

If they got Chad Whateverhisname, I'd be mildly interested to see if he's got anything left in the tank and could behave.

If they got Fitzgerald, I'd JIMP so bad I'd need to throw them away.

-King-
01-27-2011, 07:41 PM

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/032010/1269259657_omg_cat.gif

Dante84
01-27-2011, 07:42 PM
http://www.gifbin.com/bin/032010/1269259657_omg_cat.gif

:clap:

ShowtimeSBMVP
01-27-2011, 07:45 PM
Lets have a CBA in place before we talk trades

Dante84
01-27-2011, 07:54 PM
Lets have a CBA in place before we talk trades

Good call. We'll just wait for your permission to post from now on.

-King-
01-27-2011, 07:55 PM

LMAO LMAO

ShowtimeSBMVP
01-27-2011, 08:06 PM

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HBqRtleE8DM?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HBqRtleE8DM?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Mr. Laz
01-27-2011, 08:13 PM
the way the patriots keep talent and build up picks at the same time is amazing(and irritating).

I hope to hell we get to that point in the future.

i don't think Pioli trades for Fitz because i think he's still looking to be in build mode. Are talent level just isn't there yet.

Saul Good
01-27-2011, 08:25 PM

Calvin Johnson can't hold AJ or LF's jocks.

The Bad Guy
01-27-2011, 08:34 PM
the way the patriots keep talent and build up picks at the same time is amazing(and irritating).

I hope to hell we get to that point in the future.

i don't think Pioli trades for Fitz because i think he's still looking to be in build mode. Are talent level just isn't there yet.

Good idea. So we can't acquire top talent because our talent level isn't there yet?

Makes sense.

-King-
01-27-2011, 08:39 PM

:spock: WHAT?

Calvin Johnson is a beast. He's put up 4000 yards and 33 touchdowns in 4 years with no names throwing to him. He's had to play with Kitna, Ovlorsky, Drew Stanton, Shaun Hill, and with a few games with Stafford mixed in. I'd say to put him in the conversation with AJ and Fitz is fair.

Bewbies
01-27-2011, 08:48 PM
I know I'm not the only one who would rather use our #1 on a OT. Everyone knows an unproven T is going to do more for your team than the best WR in the league.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-27-2011, 08:51 PM
That's a good point. If Fitz shows up in KC, expect Bowe to be the next Boldin. Expect Cassel to be, well, Cassel. :facepalm:

A new receiver for Cassel to kill!

Bewbies
01-27-2011, 08:51 PM
You could get a stud like Costanzo. He might be good enough to play LT in the league, but just hope nobody in our division drafts Quinn from UNC.

Or maybe we can get the turnstile from Colorado?

Brock
01-27-2011, 08:52 PM

ha ha

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-27-2011, 08:58 PM

That is retarded. You are retarded.

milkman
01-27-2011, 09:15 PM

Calvin Johnson is a beast. He's put up 4000 yards and 33 touchdowns in 4 years with no names throwing to him. He's had to play with Kitna, Ovlorsky, Drew Stanton, Shaun Hill, and with a few games with Stafford mixed in. I'd say to put him in the conversation with AJ and Fitz is fair.

If I'm rating them I go like this.

Fitzgerald

Calvin Johnson

Andre Johnson.

Hootie
01-27-2011, 09:28 PM
Calvin and aj both always have some nagging injuries...guys are always nursing something. Both freaks of nature...both very injury prone.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

Thig Lyfe
01-27-2011, 09:30 PM
NOW LARRY I CAN GET INTO

http://i41.tinypic.com/64nlhh.gifhttp://i41.tinypic.com/64nlhh.gifhttp://i41.tinypic.com/64nlhh.gif
http://i41.tinypic.com/64nlhh.gifhttp://i41.tinypic.com/64nlhh.gifhttp://i41.tinypic.com/64nlhh.gif

KCwolf
01-27-2011, 09:48 PM
LF > LJ

milkman
01-27-2011, 10:07 PM
LF > LJ

Duh....

Hell....VD>LJ.

Saul Good
01-27-2011, 10:16 PM

Calvin Johnson is Dwayne Bowe.

There is Andre Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald, and then there is everybody else.

Brock
01-27-2011, 10:21 PM
Calvin Johnson is Dwayne Bowe.

There is Andre Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald, and then there is everybody else.

Yeah, that's pretty silly.

SAUTO
01-27-2011, 10:23 PM
Mod please take ot the trash above
Posted via Mobile Device

ShowtimeSBMVP
01-27-2011, 10:32 PM
Larry Fitzgerald isn't even a field n!gger. We don't need more house n!ggers on this team.

new low on this board wow

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-27-2011, 10:34 PM
Don't quote the trash.

Saul Good
01-27-2011, 10:36 PM
What should I do with my Thursday night? I know! I'll join a football message board and say the n-word. That'll be sweet! Nobody on the internet ever uses the n-word. I'm a f*cking pioneer.

SAUTO
01-27-2011, 10:36 PM
Don't quote the trash.

This. Makes daface's job harder.
Posted via Mobile Device

suzzer99
01-27-2011, 10:48 PM
So what's a rough idea of what it would take for Fitz - our 2011 and 2012 firsts?

SAUTO
01-27-2011, 10:53 PM
So what's a rough idea of what it would take for Fitz - our 2011 and 2012 firsts?

I would say a one a three and a five, but I'm dreaming I'm sure, maybe skip the three and give a two next year
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman
01-27-2011, 10:54 PM

Your first born and bikini pics of lumpy.

BIG K
01-27-2011, 11:19 PM
Your first born and bikini pics of lumpy.

I am all for that! Seriously though, how cool would it be to finally have Bowe the number 2 receiver in this scenerio? Do this, pick up a NT, a LB, A Qb on the way and we have something.....:D

bowener
01-28-2011, 12:01 AM
I would say a one a three and a five, but I'm dreaming I'm sure, maybe skip the three and give a two next year
Posted via Mobile Device

WR's in trades have been going for pretty cheap recently. No WR of LF caliber has been traded. The closest I can think of recently was Braylon Edwards, and he was traded for something like a 3rd rounder (conditional 2nd). Obviously he had baggage and on the field issues that Fitz doesn't have.

At the very most I think they Cards get a 1st and a 3rd, that is unless several teams start to bid on him... then who knows where it would end up. Hell, Dan Snyder has all of his draft picks left, plus a QB that his coach doesn't want. Maybe they figure out some way to ship McNabb to AZ to sweeten a trade.

-King-
01-28-2011, 01:19 AM
WR's in trades have been going for pretty cheap recently. No WR of LF caliber has been traded. The closest I can think of recently was Braylon Edwards, and he was traded for something like a 3rd rounder (conditional 2nd). Obviously he had baggage and on the field issues that Fitz doesn't have.

At the very most I think they Cards get a 1st and a 3rd, that is unless several teams start to bid on him... then who knows where it would end up. Hell, Dan Snyder has all of his draft picks left, plus a QB that his coach doesn't want. Maybe they figure out some way to ship McNabb to AZ to sweeten a trade.

At the most?

That's at the least.

If he can be gotten with only a 1st and a 3rd, then I'd pull the trigger so hard I'd shoot myself If I were Scott Pioli.

Chief_For_Life58
01-28-2011, 01:23 AM
Larry PLLLEEAAASSSEEE come to KC!!!! WE NEED YOU BUDDY!!! FITZ BOWE DREAM TEAM! OMG! IM FREAKING OUT! PLEASE FOOTBALL GODS MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!

suzzer99
01-28-2011, 07:53 AM
At the most?

That's at the least.

If he can be gotten with only a 1st and a 3rd, then I'd pull the trigger so hard I'd shoot myself If I were Scott Pioli.

This. You're talking about a guy who has the potential to finish as a top 5 all time receiver if everything goes well for him.

eazyb81
01-28-2011, 08:11 AM

I love me some Fitz but there is no way I would give up two 1st rounders for him. That is too steep of a price, IMO.

A 1st this year and a midround pick or two in the 2011 and/or 2012 draft should suffice.

Remember, the team trading for him also has to sign him to a huge contract, which has to come into play when evaluating his trade value.

Sofa King
01-28-2011, 08:13 AM
I don't wanna get my hopes up, but this would be Epic if we could get him.

Rasputin
01-28-2011, 08:24 AM
I hate trading picks for players, but this I could live with. If we got him & our O line blocks good, what would the excuses be for Matty?

Hootie
01-28-2011, 08:27 AM
he's easily worth 2 1sts.

Frankie
01-28-2011, 08:03 PM

He is most likely flying out the Cardinal cage after next year. This gives the team trading for him some leverage. I think he could be gotten at a lower price.

DaneMcCloud
01-28-2011, 08:04 PM
he's easily worth 2 1sts.

And New England has two firsts.

And two seconds.

And two thirds.

And two fourths.

keg in kc
01-28-2011, 08:18 PM
I think there's a better chance that Santa climbs down my chimney in 2011 than there is of Larry Fitzgerald playing for the Chiefs.

And I don't have a chimney.

SAUTO
01-28-2011, 08:21 PM
We need to get on building you one then.

I think there's a better chance that Santa climbs down my chimney in 2011 than there is of Larry Fitzgerald playing for the Chiefs.

And I don't have a chimney.
Posted via Mobile Device

RealSNR
01-28-2011, 08:21 PM

And two seconds.

And two thirds.

And two fourths.This is getting to be like the final few rounds of a game of Settlers of Catan.

NOBODY trade with the Patriots! Got it?

SAUTO
01-28-2011, 08:22 PM
This is getting to be like the final few rounds of a game of Settlers of Catan.

Does anyone else not know what "settlers of catan" is?
Posted via Mobile Device

RealSNR
01-28-2011, 08:26 PM
Does anyone else not know what "settlers of catan" is?
Posted via Mobile DeviceIt's a nerd game. But a fun nerd game.

SAUTO
01-28-2011, 08:28 PM
It's a nerd game. But a fun nerd game.

Lol cool. Computer game?
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr_Tomahawk
01-28-2011, 08:44 PM
Trade Castle for Fitz....

Bring in Tom Clements from GB as OC and throw in a draft pick to bring Matt Flynn with him...

-King-
01-28-2011, 08:50 PM

And two seconds.

And two thirds.

And two fourths.

Thats just unfair.

On the bright side, they'll trade those picks for 4 1st round picks in 2013.

Hootie
01-28-2011, 09:12 PM
and if I was New England with all of that extra compensation I'd give them whatever they wanted for someone like Fitz...as talented as Randy Moss and an actual TEAM PLAYER/PATRIOTS GUY

Perfect fit.

Frankie
01-28-2011, 09:21 PM
and if I was New England with all of that extra compensation I'd give them whatever they wanted for someone like Fitz...as talented as Randy Moss and an actual TEAM PLAYER/PATRIOTS GUY

Perfect fit.

Nope. king has it right. Watch for New England to create future higher draft choices out of some of what they have now.

BossChief
01-28-2011, 09:50 PM
I wonder when the Patriots will draft/bring in the successor to Brady...

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-28-2011, 09:52 PM
I wonder when the Patriots will draft/bring in the successor to Brady...

You'd figure they'd do it in the next year or two. Can you imagine if they packaged their picks together to move up and take someone like Gabbert, and then let him sit behind Brady for 2-3 years?

DBOSHO
01-28-2011, 10:06 PM
they already have him.

Hoyer!

bowener
01-28-2011, 10:31 PM
This is getting to be like the final few rounds of a game of Settlers of Catan.

Epic post!

Favorite game.

But somebody will fuck it up and give the god damn Patriots some wheat so they can build that last fucking city.

Chiefshrink
01-28-2011, 11:18 PM
Thats just unfair.

On the bright side, they'll trade those picks for 4 1st round picks in 2013.

You watch, in due time Pioli will have the same approach as Bellichek in stockpiling picks in order to have alot of leverage to move whether it be in the draft or trades.:thumb:

JD10367
01-28-2011, 11:23 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Belichick's aim is to continue wheeling and dealing until, ultimately, by the year 2020 he owns every pick in the draft. Then the Commissioner comes to the podium and says, "With every pick in the two thousand twenty draft, the New England Patriots select... everyone." :D

RustShack
01-28-2011, 11:25 PM
We had Boldin last year... but we couldn't work out a contract first so we backed out of the trade... Plus Pioli has traded for guys like Randy Moss and Wes Welker before..

SDChiefs
01-28-2011, 11:45 PM
This. You're talking about a guy who has the potential to finish as a top 5 all time receiver if everything goes well for him.

By goes well do you mean matt cassel isn't the one throwing him the rock?

Chris Meck
01-28-2011, 11:45 PM
Only after the veteran leadership on the team was so strong that even Moss couldn't f*ck it up. Some of those guys left/retired and old Randy went back to his usual asshole self.

RealSNR
01-29-2011, 02:22 AM
Epic post!

Favorite game.

But somebody will fuck it up and give the god damn Patriots some wheat so they can build that last fucking city.Of course they will. It will probably be the fucking Cowboys or some shit like that. No... the Bears. The Bears will do it.

The Patriots are total ore whores, but the Bears are the assholes that grab the longest road card after the 3rd round and don't build anything else for fucking ever. Thinking they're still winning, (they're not) they'll make the trade that allows the Patriots to purchase one last development card which turns out to be a victory point

Fritz88
01-29-2011, 02:26 AM
You'd figure they'd do it in the next year or two. Can you imagine if they packaged their picks together to move up and take someone like Gabbert, and then let him sit behind Brady for 2-3 years?

Yeah. Fail.
Posted via Mobile Device

Digital Takawira
01-29-2011, 02:31 AM
Trade Castle for Fitz....

Bring in Tom Clements from GB as OC and throw in a draft pick to bring Matt Flynn with him...

Frank Castle?
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/6/68385/1278171-punisher_super.jpg

I didn't know we had the Punisher on our team!

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-29-2011, 02:36 AM
"You'd rather have Welker".

-"Uncle Patriot"-fan obsessed with Pioli's KC tenure/success

suzzer99
01-29-2011, 04:13 AM
By goes well do you mean matt cassel isn't the one throwing him the rock?

Pretty much :(

But Cassel did have that incredible stretch with Bowe. So there's always hope.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-29-2011, 07:26 AM
Frank Castle?

I didn't know we had the Punisher on our team!

No...

Mark Castle...

http://bostonsportz.squarespace.com/storage/webcassel.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1221756097421