PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Great game, Cassel

Sully
11-21-2010, 03:08 PM
I have to post this, because ive been hammering on him so much.

Aside from one throw, if I'm not nitpicking, Cassel played a near-flawless game, today.
Keep it up, Matty. Make me believe.

Chieftain58
11-21-2010, 03:08 PM
Agree!

Bane
11-21-2010, 03:09 PM
Yes sir.Can't hate on him today.God speed Matt Cassel.

Ming the Merciless
gg matty

BossChief
this makes three of these threads so far. I bet its not the last either.

Brianfo
11-21-2010, 03:10 PM
I have to post this, because ive been hammering on him so much.

Aside from one throw, if I'm not nitpicking, Cassel played a near-flawless game, today.
Keep it up, Matty. Make me believe.

Great post. Many on here don't want to believe it, but Matt is a pretty good qb.

Sully
11-21-2010, 03:11 PM
this makes three of these threads so far. I bet its not the last either.

I'd love to post at least six more this season, if not more.

Sully
11-21-2010, 03:12 PM
Great post. Many on here don't want to believe it, but Matt is a pretty good qb.

Please don't force me to be negative in this thread of sunshine and joy.

cdcox
11-21-2010, 03:12 PM

Wooooaaaah, nellie!

Huge difference between a good game and a good QB.

LaChapelle
11-21-2010, 03:13 PM
If only he had a defense

Hammock Parties
11-21-2010, 03:13 PM
He was a BAMF today. Not a liability.

Lzen
11-21-2010, 03:15 PM

I agree that he had a good game today. And he has had a few of those this year. My biggest gripe has been that he has been inconsistent. And he usually chokes when his team needs him the most. If he can ever figure out how to be consistent, I may change my opinion.

Thig Lyfe
11-21-2010, 03:17 PM
He's great against shitty teams at home!

beach tribe
11-21-2010, 03:18 PM
GG Cassel. Keep it up.

BigMeatballDave
11-21-2010, 03:19 PM
He's great against shitty teams at home!ROFL

Johnny Vegas
Matt Cassel just gave CP the best BJ in the world

BWillie
have to agree. he's looking better and better.

the Talking Can
Cassel played an excellent game, good for him and the people who want him around for years...

and how about anderson?

holy shit when was the last time you saw someone that bad....

RealSNR
Good game, Matt.

Now do it again, asshole.

BigMeatballDave
Great post. Many on here don't want to believe it, but Matt is a pretty good qb.Never go full retard

KC kid
11-21-2010, 03:20 PM
Lets not act like this is Cassel's first great game

tk13
11-21-2010, 03:20 PM
At this point we can safely put Cassel ahead of Anderson, Carson Palmer, and Brett Favre. That's for sure.

DeezNutz
11-21-2010, 03:22 PM
Yep. I thought Cassel played a very solid game today. Well done and great win.

cdcox

Let's not act like he's done this against one of the league's best defenses, either.

the Talking Can

let's not act like we played a good team

Otter
Indeed, credit where credit is due. Cassel looked great.

Titty Meat
11-21-2010, 03:23 PM
Cassel played an excellent game, good for him and the people who want him around for years...

and how about anderson?

Wether we want him around or not I don't see who the Chiefs can get that will be alot better than Cassel considering where they will be picking this year. Plus the franchise will use his stats as in excuse to keep him. 18 TD 4 INT is pretty damn impressive on paper.

cdcox
At this point we can safely put Cassel ahead of Anderson, Carson Palmer, and Brett Favre. That's for sure.

That I can agree with.

BigMeatballDave
Lets not act like this is Cassel's first great gameLets not pretend Cassel has ever had a Great game as a Chief.

He played well today. No complaints.

RedThat
11-21-2010, 03:24 PM
I was impressed with his mechanics today. I thought his footwork was outstanding. If he could do that and progress through his reads well, he'll get better as time goes on.

beach tribe
11-21-2010, 03:24 PM
Hard to deny that he seems to be getting better.

We'll see

kcxiv
11-21-2010, 03:27 PM
Let's not act like he's done this against one of the league's best defenses, either.

Well, usually against any team he's not all that accurate. Today regardless of who he was playing against, his throws were right on the money. I didnt see many of them WTF throws. He's usually 2 bad throws to 1 good throw. He was on point pretty much ALL fucking day.

ForeverChiefs58
11-21-2010, 03:29 PM
Well, usually against any team he's not all that accurate. Today regardless of who he was playing against, his throws were right on the money. I didnt see many of them WTF throws. He's usually 2 bad throws to 1 good throw. He was on point pretty much ALL fucking day.

Yes, it seemed even his misses were well thrown and well placed instead of at feet or over head. very impressive performance!

the Talking Can
11-21-2010, 03:30 PM
the issue is moot, really

Cassel isn't going anywhere....he's our QB for a couple more years at least....the rebuild is being spent on him

all the thin skinned Cassel humpers should take solace in that....

teedubya
11-21-2010, 03:33 PM
I didn't cuss him ONE time today. That is a start toward rebuilding our relationship.

LaChapelle
11-21-2010, 03:35 PM
All the tools piled to make him average
will be the perfect setting for a rookie

Shogun
11-21-2010, 03:36 PM
Hopefully the bitchslap by Denver last week sent the whole team into "reality" mode.

BigMeatballDave
11-21-2010, 03:36 PM
the issue is moot, really

Cassel isn't going anywhere....he's our QB for a couple more years at least....the rebuild is being spent on him

all the thin skinned Cassel humpers should take solace in that....This. Hopefully they'll improve the players around him and he'll continue to improve.

I bitch about Matt as much or more than anyone. I really want to like him. I want him to get better and help my team win. Bottom line.

Norman Einstein
11-21-2010, 03:37 PM
Let's not act like he's done this against one of the league's best defenses, either.:rolleyes:

tk13
11-21-2010, 03:38 PM
One more note...he's still not Thigpen though. We would've scored 63 today if he was at QB.

cdcox
11-21-2010, 03:39 PM
Hopefully the bitchslap by Denver last week sent the whole team into "reality" mode.

Beating a bad Seattle team on a long road trip would show progress. That is the kind of game we need to win next. Think how much better off we would be if we had at least split with Oakland/Denver. Dropping both of those two was a pretty good signal this team isn't ready for prime time. Blowing out the worst team in the league at home doesn't by itself change that.

the Talking Can
11-21-2010, 03:40 PM
:rolleyes:

tomcash is such a freaking d-bag....just an epic d-bag

Psyko Tek
11-21-2010, 03:41 PM
Matt needs to win a game
not manage a game
to get to the next level (which I thought we were ready for until theD folded the last 3 games)

he needs to pull games out of his ass
at least I do not remember any bounce passes today

MMXcalibur
11-21-2010, 03:41 PM
Cassel has been looking a lot better.
I still have that "bad feeling" when he drops back to pass at times, but I have to give him credit...he's certainly been playing very well.

Although I'm sure people will dissect his numbers, anytime your quarterback throws 18 touchdown passes compared to 4 interceptions through 10 games, you can't be THAT upset.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-21-2010, 03:42 PM

So he's 41 on the list now? Milkman? Paging Milkman?

Sweet Daddy Hate
Rah-Rah.

Thig Lyfe
I'll really be happy when the Chiefs learn how to score in the first quarter. If I'm not mistaken, this is the fifth straight game without a point in the first 15 minutes.

MahiMike
11-21-2010, 03:44 PM
I agree that he had a good game today. And he has had a few of those this year. My biggest gripe has been that he has been inconsistent. And he usually chokes when his team needs him the most. If he can ever figure out how to be consistent, I may change my opinion.

Inconsistent? He's got nothing on Garrard. He's the epitome of inconsistent.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-21-2010, 03:51 PM
I'll really be happy when the Chiefs learn how to score in the first quarter. If I'm not mistaken, this is the fifth straight game without a point in the first 15 minutes.
OMG QUIT RAINING ON PARADEZ I AM DISSAPOINT SON!!!!11111:)

RealSNR
11-21-2010, 04:04 PM
Hopefully the bitchslap by Denver last week sent the whole team into "reality" mode.No idea why the defense has gone into full retard mode. I refuse to believe it's all because Jon McGraw has been missing games. If it is then damn... I owe him an apology

Fritz88
11-21-2010, 04:12 PM
No idea why the defense has gone into full retard mode. I refuse to believe it's all because Jon McGraw has been missing games. If it is then damn... I owe him an apology

If AZ had a good QB, we would not have one. So many Casselesuqe throws by Derek Anderson.
Posted via Mobile Device

Micjones
11-21-2010, 04:14 PM
Cassel can't win with some fans. No matter how efficiently he plays.

RealSNR
11-21-2010, 04:15 PM
Cassel can't win with some fans. No matter how efficiently he plays.He'll gain my approval if he plays like this in crucial games on the road against good defenses.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-21-2010, 04:15 PM
Cassel can't win with some fans. No matter how efficiently he plays.

Or inconsistently...

The Bad Guy
11-21-2010, 04:18 PM
Dude is definitely getting the extension. Might as well get used to him being the QB of this team.

RealSNR
11-21-2010, 04:19 PM
Dude is definitely getting the extension. Might as well get used to him being the QB of this team.I've accepted that fact grimly. But I don't have to like it.

Valiant
11-21-2010, 04:21 PM

I would not go that far.. But he played a hell of a game and the accuracy was the best its been for throws.. If he can continue this for a full season then he would be a good QB..

And there was very little pressure all game against him.. No idea why the CArds were not dialing it up..

cdcox
11-21-2010, 04:22 PM
Dude is definitely getting the extension. Might as well get used to him being the QB of this team.

If he keeps playing like today he will. But there is a lot of football left.

Hammock Parties
11-21-2010, 04:23 PM
Beating a bad Seattle team on a long road trip would show progress. That is the kind of game we need to win next. Think how much better off we would be if we had at least split with Oakland/Denver. Dropping both of those two was a pretty good signal this team isn't ready for prime time. Blowing out the worst team in the league at home doesn't by itself change that.

This x1000.

We need to win next week or it will just be more proof we are frauds feasting on the Derek Andersons of the world.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-21-2010, 04:24 PM
He'll gain my approval if he plays like this in crucial games on the road against good defenses.
Why is this so hard to comprehend? Grinding out an OT win over Buffalo, beating up on Singletary, and carving up an Az team that was "parted out" after Warner retired, AND the inability to win on the road at least 50% of the fucking time, IS NOT going to convert the hearts and minds of Chiefs fans who are absolutely sick of seeing more flashes of "pop Warner" out of this team than a hard-nosed, play off capable/competitive squad.

And the indignant attitude that these retards display in an attempt to cry "IMPROVEMENT" just underscores how pretty much every thing they say should go right to File 13.

Rasputin
11-21-2010, 04:28 PM
He'll gain my approval if he plays like this in crucial games on the road against good defenses.

That and winning in the playoffs. Personally Super Bowl.

note: 1993 Joe Montana last playoff win by a retread QB.....

Frosty
11-21-2010, 04:34 PM

Seattle is not a bad team at home. That is going to be a tough game, particularly if the injuries keep mounting up.

The Bad Guy
11-21-2010, 04:45 PM
Seattle is a bad team. They have as weak of a secondary as you'll see in the NFL.

They have a nice weapon in Mike Williams on offense, but that's about it.

milkman
11-21-2010, 05:49 PM
Seattle is a bad team. They have as weak of a secondary as you'll see in the NFL.

They have a nice weapon in Mike Williams on offense, but that's about it.

The Raider defense was bad against the run until they played us.

The Donkey defense was just bad.

The reality is, the game against the Seahwks, who have been solid at home is a game that Cassel has to show up and make plays.

Even if it is a bad secondary, the Chiefs haven't, as a team, shown they can make plays against teams on the road.

If Cassel can step up and be the guy that does that, it would be a another step in his progression, and some of us, who have been his biggest critics would be quieted, at least for another week.

MadMax
11-21-2010, 06:05 PM
Why is this so hard to comprehend? Grinding out an OT win over Buffalo, beating up on Singletary, and carving up an Az team that was "parted out" after Warner retired, AND the inability to win on the road at least 50% of the ****ing time, IS NOT going to convert the hearts and minds of Chiefs fans who are absolutely sick of seeing more flashes of "pop Warner" out of this team than a hard-nosed, play off capable/competitive squad.

And the indignant attitude that these retards display in an attempt to cry "IMPROVEMENT" just underscores how pretty much every thing they say should go right to File 13.

They will NEVER get it!!!! We are Superbowl bound and Catt Massel is da Captain.Every time he has a decent game he is anointed here..I love the guy, he is 40 years of what i'm used to.nate and nate and a 1st round loss,IF he even makes it there... Sure hope he can develop before he hits 30..Still happy as shit about the win :)

milkman
11-21-2010, 06:09 PM
They will NEVER get it!!!! We are Superbowl bound and Catt Massel is da Captain.Every time he has a decent game he is anointed here..I love the guy, he is 40 years of what i'm used to.nate and nate and a 1st round loss,IF he even makes it there... Sure hope he can develop before he hits 30..Still happy as shit about the win :)

I think it's almost sure thing that Matty Melt will be our QB next year and beyond, so, as a fan, I have to hope that these kind of games are the building blocks for our QB to become a solid game manager that we can win with as we build the rest of the team around him.

MadMax
11-21-2010, 06:20 PM
I think it's almost sure thing that Matty Melt will be our QB next year and beyond, so, as a fan, I have to hope that these kind of games are the building blocks for our QB to become a solid game manager that we can win with as we build the rest of the team around him.

Amen! I have to believe that too :(

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-21-2010, 07:10 PM

The problem, as I see it, is that there must come a point when the training wheels are removed and( and this is THEE most important part ), Cassel is held to a status of competition like the rest of his team mates. The "young kid gunning for my job"-fire MUST be lit beneath his ass. Period. If removing his sense of entitlement while simultaneously looking to the future by drafting a 2nd or 3rd round QB is what it takes to develop Cassel along, then it needs to be done and done as soon as humanly possible.

Dave Lane
11-21-2010, 07:23 PM
The problem, as I see it, is that there must come a point when the training wheels are removed and( and this is THEE most important part ), Cassel is held to a status of competition like the rest of his team mates. The "young kid gunning for my job"-fire MUST be lit beneath his ass. Period. If removing his sense of entitlement while simultaneously looking to the future by drafting a 2nd or 3rd round QB is what it takes to develop Cassel along, then it needs to be done and done as soon as humanly possible.

So having almost 500 yards passing last week with 4 TDs and no ints plus today's performance is training wheel Matt? Ok I'll bite, you expect 800 yards per game and 5 TDs? Would that be acceptable to you?

Ming the Merciless
11-21-2010, 07:27 PM
Would that be acceptable to [ROR]?

It will be acceptable next season when he thinks people have forgotten all of his shit talk and he inhales a mouth full of Castle Cock along with the rest of the drama queens.

ChiefsCountry
11-21-2010, 07:45 PM

The guy wearing #7 on our team has had some games like that

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-21-2010, 07:46 PM
So having almost 500 yards passing last week with 4 TDs and no ints plus today's performance is training wheel Matt? Ok I'll bite, you expect 800 yards per game and 5 TDs? Would that be acceptable to you?

Take those useless, fucking stats and shove them up your casshole. If you don't understand or refuse to acknowledge the valid points and aspects of his one dimensional play which are currently under discussion, please stay out of the conversation.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-21-2010, 07:47 PM
It will be acceptable next season when he thinks people have forgotten all of his shit talk and he inhales a mouth full of Castle Cock along with the rest of the drama queens.

You are the most useless pile of shit on this board. KnowMo is better than you and adds more.

Meditate.

ChiefsCountry
11-21-2010, 07:49 PM

Where is Lawrence Taylor when you need him.

KChiefs1
11-28-2010, 06:10 PM
It's becoming a habit with Cassel now.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-28-2010, 06:20 PM
I just about shit my pants with glee when I finally saw some passes being thrown.

redngold85
11-28-2010, 06:23 PM
I had missed the days when Trent Green would drop back and I would feel confident in his abilities to complete a pass...

watching Cassel the past couple seasons, I've never felt that way...but today, even at the beginning of the game, I found myself being excited about the outcome of the pass rather than cringing the moment he drops back...

how I've missed this feeling

Ming the Merciless
11-28-2010, 06:24 PM
WIN!!!!

My god i am so happy

Ming the Merciless
11-28-2010, 06:26 PM
You are the most useless pile of shit on this board.

yah? why dont you suck on Mark Castle's big red and yellow painted veiny cock for a week or so and STFU you fucking worthless piece of shit bandwagon faggot

BillSelfsTrophycase
11-28-2010, 06:27 PM
I'll admit he's starting to turn me

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-28-2010, 07:22 PM
Who invented passing behind the line of scrimmage? Can we go piss on that person's grave?

zonachief
11-28-2010, 07:29 PM
I compare Cassel to Green alot because of his intangibles. I like the Toughness and leadership Cassel has shown thus far. Hopefully his arrow continues to point up and he keeps it up.

googlegoogle
11-28-2010, 07:57 PM
Playoffs!!!

googlegoogle
11-28-2010, 07:57 PM
I compare Cassel to Green alot because of his intangibles. I like the Toughness and leadership Cassel has shown thus far. Hopefully his arrow continues to point up and he keeps it up.

You stealing my thoughts again?

zonachief
12-03-2010, 08:01 PM
You stealing my thoughts again?

Absolutely. And both are great at downfield blocking...ha

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Pioli Zombie
12-03-2010, 08:05 PM
I want some credit. I gave up on Cassel at halftime of the Colts game. I joined Cassaholics Anonymous. I got a sponsor. From that moment on he's been fine. I am the key
Cassel sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!