PDA

View Full Version : Football How many times has this happened?

Zaiko
11-22-2010, 11:12 PM
I'd be in interested in knowing how many times, if ever, a team has beat two different teams in a row and both coaches got fired the following day? Like the Packers beating up on the Cowgirls and Viqueens?

Some of you have a lot more football history knowledge than I do, and maybe better google skills.. I'll rep for what it's worth.

Thanks.

Bugeater
11-22-2010, 11:19 PM
It's pretty rare for a coach to get fired midseason, so I'm going to say it's never happened before.

luv
11-22-2010, 11:23 PM
It's pretty rare for a coach to get fired midseason, so I'm going to say it's never happened before.

This.

Two midseason firings is unlikely, and probably never after losses to the same team.

Shogun
11-22-2010, 11:24 PM
Don't Fuck with Mike McCarthy

Zaiko
11-22-2010, 11:25 PM
I just want to have something extra to brag about.. like OH YEA WERE THE ONLY TEAM TO EVER GET TWO HEAD COACHES FIRED BACK TO BACK WEEKS.

Good year for football for me, Packers sitting in the lead, same with the Chiefs, and the Vikings suck.

thanks for the replies so far

cdcox
11-22-2010, 11:26 PM
There have been times I would have paid a large sum for this service.

This is not one of those times.

cdcox
11-22-2010, 11:27 PM
Zaiko, do you own a media guide?

Zaiko
11-22-2010, 11:44 PM
Zaiko, do you own a media guide?

No.. If this is a joke I don't follow.. explain it to me? :D

cdcox
11-22-2010, 11:55 PM
No.. If this is a joke I don't follow.. explain it to me? :D

There was a troll on here in the early days of the board named Pack Fan. He made Mecca look like a total homer. Nothing that the Chiefs did had any merit. He'd say things like "Players like Trent Green can be picked up for free every year." And "Priest Holmes is a third down back." Part of his shtick was to tell people to look it up some obscure stat in the Chiefs media guide, like everyone had one on their coffee table or something.

You're nothing like him, except being a Packer fan.

Bugeater
11-22-2010, 11:56 PM
How the hell did a Packer fan end up here?

Zaiko
11-22-2010, 11:58 PM
I live in Wichita and watch every Chiefs game except when the Packers are on, haven't missed one besides for that reason in a LONG time, even through the terrible days of Herm.

Psyko Tek
11-23-2010, 12:53 AM
I'd be in interested in knowing how many times, if ever, a team has beat two different teams in a row and both coaches got fired the following day? Like the Packers beating up on the Cowgirls and Viqueens?

Some of you have a lot more football history knowledge than I do, and maybe better google skills.. I'll rep for what it's worth.

Thanks.

hey somebody watches sports center
booyah to you

HotRoute
11-23-2010, 01:10 AM
I wouldn't worry about it lasting another week with the falcons up next

JBucc
11-23-2010, 01:19 AM
Phillips
Childress
Singletary?

HotRoute
11-23-2010, 01:45 AM
I wouldn't worry about it lasting another week with the falcons up next

58kcfan89
11-23-2010, 02:59 AM
Phillips
Childress
Singletary?

From what I've seen (which admittedly isn't much), Singletary deserves to be fired, but for some reason I can't see him getting canned until they're officially out of the NFC West race. And considering it might be Week 16 in that crap division, it wouldn't surprise me to see him last the year.

John Fox should be fired but will probably wait until the end of the year, same with Marvin Lewis.

patteeu
11-23-2010, 10:22 AM
From what I've seen (which admittedly isn't much), Singletary deserves to be fired, but for some reason I can't see him getting canned until they're officially out of the NFC West race. And considering it might be Week 16 in that crap division, it wouldn't surprise me to see him last the year.

John Fox should be fired but will probably wait until the end of the year, same with Marvin Lewis.

Why should Fox be fired? Just because his team got old and it's time to rebuild?

salame
11-23-2010, 10:26 AM
aaron rodgers is the destroyer of dreams