PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Any Suggestions for Thanksgiving Morning Alchohol Drinks?

vailpass
11-23-2010, 11:39 AM
It's holiday season again and the vailpass household loves to host visiting guests, friends and family members. Some stay for several days. I find the best way for everyone to enjoy themselves and not get on my ****ing nerves is to start serving the booze early.

Beside the usual screwdriver, bloody mary, irish coffee or belini/mimosa do any of you have any drinks you like to serve your guests before noon on the holidays?

Oh and happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Reaper16
11-23-2010, 11:41 AM
Nothing but beer and wine on my Thanksgivings.

Dante84
11-23-2010, 11:42 AM
First in with Antifreeze!

Drwbllz
11-23-2010, 11:43 AM
I like spiced rum and hot cider and hot toddys:

1 tbsp honey
3/4 glass tea
2 shots brandy
1 slice lemon

Brew tea and fill a tall glass 3/4 full. Mix in honey. Mix in brandy shots. Add lemon slice and enjoy.

I prefer to use scotch (or even an Irish whiskey). I guess it depends on how drunk you want people to get.

Dayze
11-23-2010, 11:43 AM
First in with Antifreeze!

:cuss:
damnit...
I was >< this close to getting in first.:D

seclark
11-23-2010, 11:44 AM
7:30 am - 11:00 am > piss warm beer
11:01 am - passed out > cold beer

your welcome, and happy holidays
sec

vailpass
Nothing but beer and wine on my Thanksgivings.

The staples around which all other drinks revolve. Those are surely two must-haves.

Slainte
http://i.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/topic/2345/summary_image_03.jpg

vailpass
11-23-2010, 11:45 AM
I like spiced rum and hot cider and hot toddys:

1 tbsp honey
3/4 glass tea
2 shots brandy
1 slice lemon

Brew tea and fill a tall glass 3/4 full. Mix in honey. Mix in brandy shots. Add lemon slice and enjoy.

I prefer to use scotch (or even an Irish whiskey). I guess it depends on how drunk you want people to get.

I'll let you know how it is received, I'm going to make this one. Thank you.

El Jefe
I like spiced rum and hot cider and hot toddys:1 tbsp honey
3/4 glass tea
2 shots brandy
1 slice lemon

Alright Usher.

vailpass
7:30 am - 11:00 am > piss warm beer
11:01 am - passed out > cold beer

your welcome, and happy holidays
sec

:D:toast:

NewChief
11-23-2010, 11:46 AM
For Christmas we do Tom and Jerry's:
http://www.ehow.com/how_4528866_christmas-tom-jerry-cocktail-drink.html

Would be fine for Thanksgiving as well.

CHENZ A!
11-23-2010, 11:47 AM
Four Loko.
Posted via Mobile Device

vailpass
http://i.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/topic/2345/summary_image_03.jpg

I may live in Scottsdale but, um, no blue drinks at my house. Thanks though.

seclark
:D:toast:

i'll add that these are enjoyed most while sitting out in the garage with both doors up('sup donger?) while the feast is being prepared in the kitchen.

vailpass
11-23-2010, 11:48 AM
For Christmas we do Tom and Jerry's:
http://www.ehow.com/how_4528866_christmas-tom-jerry-cocktail-drink.html

Would be fine for Thanksgiving as well.

Those look delicious. I'm afraid I may mess up somehwere along the way in making them.

NewChief
11-23-2010, 11:49 AM
I forget that you live in Scottsdale. I was thinking you were in Colorado where it's actually cold this time of year. Tom and Jerry's won't be good unless it's cold outside.

Brock
11-23-2010, 11:51 AM
I kind of like to get into the holiday spirit with hot chocolate w/peppermint schnapps.

vailpass
11-23-2010, 11:51 AM
I forget that you live in Scottsdale. I was thinking you were in Colorado where it's actually cold this time of year. Tom and Jerry's won't be good unless it's cold outside.

Dude, anything below 60 degrees is cold here. Got down to 51 when I was sitting outside with the wife last night, she had the patio heaters turned up, firepit going, and was wearing a coat and gloves. I shit you negative.
A warm drink is most welcome here come December.

vailpass
11-23-2010, 11:52 AM
I kind of like to get into the holiday spirit with hot chocolate w/peppermint schnapps.

Oh man yes, forgot about that one. When I lived in Colo I never skiied without a boda bag filled with chocolate and schnaps.

Drwbllz
11-23-2010, 11:53 AM
Alright Usher.

Usher was Scottish? Learn something new every day...

NewChief
11-23-2010, 11:58 AM
And by the way. Our Tom and Jerry's mix is a little different. We separate the whites and yolks. We beat each separately while adding in powder sugar. Add powder sugar until they end up with a fairly thick, batter-like consistency. Then fold the two together. Put in the fridge to chill.

We add whiskey and rum instead of brandy and rum for ours as well. Make sure your water is pretty much boiling when you add it, especially if you go heavy on the booze like I do.

vailpass
11-23-2010, 12:02 PM
And by the way. Our Tom and Jerry's mix is a little different. We separate the whites and yolks. We beat each separately while adding in powder sugar. Add powder sugar until they end up with a fairly thick, batter-like consistency. Then fold the two together. Put in the fridge to chill.

We add whiskey and rum instead of brandy and rum for ours as well. Make sure your water is pretty much boiling when you add it, especially if you go heavy on the booze like I do.

:toast: A new Christmas drink to make, thanks man.

vailpass
11-23-2010, 12:02 PM
i'll add that these are enjoyed most while sitting out in the garage with both doors up('sup donger?) while the feast is being prepared in the kitchen.

Football game on in the garage?

Slainte
11-23-2010, 12:05 PM
I may live in Scottsdale but, um, no blue drinks at my house. Thanks though.

/shrug

More than one would be a waste anyways...

vailpass
11-23-2010, 12:06 PM
/shrug

More than one would be a waste anyways...

What are they?

KCUnited
11-23-2010, 12:10 PM
Equal parts:
Butterscotch Schnapps
Cinnamon Schnapps
Jager
Bailey's

Can be a shot or a small sipping drink. Tastes like an oatmeal cookie.

vailpass
11-23-2010, 12:12 PM
Equal parts:
Butterscotch Schnapps
Cinnamon Schnapps
Jager
Bailey's

Can be a shot or a small sipping drink. Tastes like an oatmeal cookie.

Added to the recipe list. Thank you. :toast:

jjchieffan
11-23-2010, 12:18 PM
Everyone knows that you have got to have turkey for thanksgiving
Wild Turkey that is

Ugly Duck
11-23-2010, 12:35 PM
Its Kool-Aid syrup & preservatives with Everclear:

http://thirstyblogger.my/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/nighttrainnthunderbird.png

gblowfish
11-23-2010, 12:39 PM
http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink7898.html

vailpass
11-23-2010, 12:42 PM
http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink7898.html

:eek: DAMN! I'll save that one for someone I want to push over the edge.
:toast:

vailpass
11-23-2010, 12:42 PM

:D

bevischief
11-23-2010, 01:08 PM
Four Loko.
Posted via Mobile Device

Beat me to it...:)

Stewie
11-23-2010, 01:09 PM
Mimosas are popular with the ladies.

LiL stumppy
11-23-2010, 01:15 PM
3/4 oz Canadian whisky
3/4 oz dark rum
1/2 oz dark creme de cacao
5 oz milk
2/3 oz maple syrup

Heat milk in a small saucepan. When simmering, add remaining ingredients. Allow syrup to dissolve, and pour into a heat-proof glass.

Its called Canadian Cocoa... I have heard it's very tasty

chief husker
11-23-2010, 01:16 PM
Tom and Jerry's. Grandma has two of these and is asleep through football. Sweet but potent. 4 beaten eggs and about half a bag of powdered sugar whipped to a creamy mix. Add three or four tablespoons of the mix to a coffee cup. Add one shot brandy and one shot rum. Fill cup with hot water and sprinkle nutmeg on top if desired. Do not microwave drink to rewarm! Unless you want to cook the eggs in your drink. Husker household holiday drink for 30 years.

Radar Chief
11-23-2010, 01:22 PM
Since you’ve already covered the morning drink staples, how about a hot buttered rum with some Sailor Jerry’s? I did this same recipe the other night, minus the allspice, and it was delectable.

This is one great, classic hot drink that is an absolute delight around a fall campfire with friends. You can also caramelize your Hot Buttered Rum by building the ingredients as stated in the recipe below and plunge a red-hot* poker into the glass for about a minute.
You can also make a large batch of the base mix for this drink. By mixing the butter, sugar and spices ahead of time you can make a Hot Buttered Rum quickly or use it to serve a round of hot drinks fast for a party. Hot Buttered Rum Mix recipe...
Ingredients:
· 1 small slice soft butter
· 1 tsp brown sugar
· optional spices to taste: ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, allspice
· vanilla extract
· 2 oz dark rum
· hot water
Preparation:
1. Place the butter, sugar and spices at the bottom of an Irish coffee glass or mug.
2. Mix well or muddle.
3. Pour in the rum and hot water.
4. Stir.
*Red hot poker mixing: Choose a clean, thick rod and let it sit in the fire until it is red hot. Shake off any ashes and be careful not to touch the rod to the bottom of the glass or it will shatter. This is great for camping and the same hot-poker method can be

http://cocktails.about.com/od/atozcocktailrecipes/r/ht_btrd_rum_ckt.htm

Psyko Tek
11-23-2010, 01:22 PM
It's holiday season again and the vailpass household loves to host visiting guests, friends and family members. Some stay for several days. I find the best way for everyone to enjoy themselves and not get on my ****ing nerves is to start serving the booze early.

Beside the usual screwdriver, bloody mary, irish coffee or belini/mimosa do any of you have any drinks you like to serve your guests before noon on the holidays?

whatever's handy

Psyko Tek
11-23-2010, 01:26 PM

they still sell that shit?

did those in college lead to kidney problems for my roommate

aww the good old days

sedated
11-23-2010, 01:29 PM
Four Loko.
Posted via Mobile Device

This, while you can still get it.

Also, white russians. And since its the holidays, eggnog.

11-23-2010, 01:32 PM
I'm usually hungover that morning so the tooth of the dog goes with a very spicy bloody mary. with lots of horseradish and fresh cracked black pepper and celery.

loochy
11-23-2010, 01:33 PM
Everclear and sprite zero.

CoMoChief
11-23-2010, 01:37 PM
I'll have a few beers and watch football....that's about it.

tooge
11-23-2010, 02:05 PM
this
garnished with these

vailpass
11-23-2010, 02:33 PM
:toast:3/4 oz Canadian whisky
3/4 oz dark rum
1/2 oz dark creme de cacao
5 oz milk
2/3 oz maple syrup

Heat milk in a small saucepan. When simmering, add remaining ingredients. Allow syrup to dissolve, and pour into a heat-proof glass.

Its called Canadian Cocoa... I have heard it's very tasty

:toast: Looks pretty damn good, wife will like this one.

Chiefs Rool
11-23-2010, 02:34 PM
baileys and coffee would do things just fine in the morning I'd say. But a good supply of beer, seasonal like some pumpkin beer would be good I suppose. Some wine for the ladies.

vailpass
11-23-2010, 02:36 PM
Tom and Jerry's. Grandma has two of these and is asleep through football. Sweet but potent. 4 beaten eggs and about half a bag of powdered sugar whipped to a creamy mix. Add three or four tablespoons of the mix to a coffee cup. Add one shot brandy and one shot rum. Fill cup with hot water and sprinkle nutmeg on top if desired. Do not microwave drink to rewarm! Unless you want to cook the eggs in your drink. Husker household holiday drink for 30 years.

Thanks Husker, sounds great. You and NewPhin could compare notes. Can't believe I've never heard of these before.

vailpass
11-23-2010, 02:37 PM
Since you’ve already covered the morning drink staples, how about a hot buttered rum with some Sailor Jerry’s? I did this same recipe the other night, minus the allspice, and it was delectable.

http://cocktails.about.com/od/atozcocktailrecipes/r/ht_btrd_rum_ckt.htm

Sounds like a relaxing drink. Ever try the "red hot poker" method they mention at the end of the recipe?

vailpass
11-23-2010, 02:39 PM
this
garnished with these

That bloody looks damn good. I'd be afraid to open a container labeled "bloody buddies" for fear it would contain tampons and if I put one in my drink all of a sudden I wouldn't have any drink left yet I'd still feel bloated and cramped.

Radar Chief
11-23-2010, 03:20 PM
Sounds like a relaxing drink. Ever try the "red hot poker" method they mention at the end of the recipe?

Not yet. Might try it this weekend though.

Pablo
11-23-2010, 07:52 PM
Crown Royal and water.

REDHOTGTO
11-23-2010, 08:05 PM
morning drink?
make it a mudslide , looks like chocolate milk so the relatives dont think you're a drunk. big plus if they have any wild kids there too, give them some, they settle right down if not sleep the rest of the day and dont fuck with ya!!!! HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-23-2010, 08:08 PM
A shot of ABSINTHE will mellow everyone out.

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-23-2010, 08:09 PM
morning drink?
make it a mudslide , looks like chocolate milk so the relatives dont think you're a drunk. big plus if they have any wild kids there too, give them some, they settle right down if not sleep the rest of the day and dont **** with ya!!!! HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Happy Turkey day TF! Tell Marty hello. You guys still got seaseon tickets?

DeezNutz
11-23-2010, 08:14 PM
Crown Royal and water.

Your ice doesn't melt? No need to ruin perfectly good Crown.

REDHOTGTO
11-24-2010, 08:41 PM
Happy Turkey day TF! Tell Marty hello. You guys still got seaseon tickets?

will tell him hey for you, nope quit going in 2007, car selling went to hell and that was a 1st cut expense.
happy t day

Bwana
11-24-2010, 08:44 PM
Beer, LOTS of beer.

Red Beans
11-24-2010, 08:59 PM
Red beer

TimeForWasp
11-24-2010, 10:52 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UdDh_yIQomw" frameborder="0"></iframe>

chiefs1111
11-24-2010, 10:56 PM
A Washington apple is pretty good. Crown Royal mixed with apple pucker and Cranberry juice

WebGem
11-24-2010, 11:15 PM
Egg nog.

kysirsoze
11-24-2010, 11:32 PM
A Washington apple is pretty good. Crown Royal mixed with apple pucker and Cranberry juice

Good shot or martini if you want something a little sweet... but in the morning?

Shogun
11-24-2010, 11:33 PM
Four Loko

KCUnited
11-25-2010, 01:38 PM
Four Loko

Downing the lemonade flavor as I type, tastes rancid, like rancid freedom!

Thinking of selling the watermelon one for a premium when I go over to Kansas to visit the fam.

Rausch
11-25-2010, 01:46 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UdDh_yIQomw" frameborder="0"></iframe>

That's just the type of balls I'd require out of the local crossing guard...

Shogun
11-25-2010, 01:58 PM
Downing the lemonade flavor as I type, tastes rancid, like rancid freedom!

Thinking of selling the watermelon one for a premium when I go over to Kansas to visit the fam.

Good man

Huffman83
11-25-2010, 02:01 PM
I rock what I always rock....Rum and Cola. Today was some Black Heart Rum (usually I go with Sailor Jerry's) But the Black Heart was on sale. Gimme some lime juice and I'm good to go.

Then again it's just me and the wife today. So really there's no need to drink. But I've got some turkey tits in the smoker. And when I'm grilling/smokin...I want to drink and watch football.

So I'm almost sauced before our feast is done.

Shogun
11-25-2010, 02:02 PM
I have never tried Sailor Jerrys, I've always been told to. I usually just stick with Wellers or Crown and coke. Or beer

Rausch
11-25-2010, 02:05 PM

1 Blender
1 cup peaches
1/4 cup mandarin oranges
4 scoops vanilla ice cream
4 oz peach schnapps
2 oz vodka

Blend and serve over one type of chocolate (cookie/chunk/brownie, etc.)

Over-Head
11-25-2010, 02:05 PM
Kaluah, Amaretto, Milk (poor mans Brandy Alexander/basterdized Brown Cow what ever it tastes great) Drop a shot of Vodka in for the kick

Over-Head
11-25-2010, 02:06 PM
I rock what I always rock....Rum and Cola. Today was some Black Heart Rum (usually I go with Sailor Jerry's) But the Black Heart was on sale. Gimme some lime juice and I'm good to go.

Then again it's just me and the wife today. So really there's no need to drink. But I've got some turkey tits in the smoker. And when I'm grilling/smokin...I want to drink and watch football.

So I'm almost sauced before our feast is done.

Enjoying some Goslings Black Seal and coke as we speak
Cheers!
http://www.goslingsrum.com/age_selector.asp

NewChief
11-25-2010, 02:27 PM
I made screwdrivers at my bro-in-law's this morning and got his wife's mom drunk off the first one. I guess I pour 'em strong. Evidently she doesn't drink much.

Dave Lane
11-25-2010, 02:27 PM
Yeah don't.

Reerun_KC
11-25-2010, 03:54 PM
Well today, we are slumming...

Were supposed to be in Kansas for the holidays, but I am sick...

So were drinking peach schnapps vodka and sprite or pear schnapps, vodka and sprite...

Over-Head
11-25-2010, 06:27 PM
Your ice doesn't melt? No need to ruin perfectly good Crown. yeah really!!

mlyonsd
11-25-2010, 07:45 PM
Neighbors came over last night for a pre-Thanksgiving party.

We spent all of 2009 going through a shot book, doing every one by New Years. This year they decided to buy a martini book as a new quest.

Anyway, last night was Cranberry Vodka Martini night. Two of us had to carry Mrs. Neighbor to the truck.

Martini's are crazy. Made properly they taste like rocket fuel, or at least what I imagine it would taste like.

LiveSteam
11-25-2010, 07:56 PM

Happy thanksgiving to you
I have several friends that always keep a BUD Clamato in the fridge for the morning AFTER. They say it takes the hang over away. I have never had a hang over. So i have to take them for their word.

Martini's are Rocket fuel

listopencil
11-25-2010, 08:24 PM
I have never tried Sailor Jerrys, I've always been told to. I usually just stick with Wellers or Crown and coke. Or beer

Sailor Jerry's is the best.

Huffman83
11-25-2010, 08:42 PM

It is nice, I dig it. But bourbon drinkers are bourbon drinkers, rum drinkers are pirates.

I've yet to try Kraken or Goslings rum, so I' ll admit that my knowledge of rum is pretty limited. Sailor Jerry's compared to say Captain Morgan would be like drinking Coke and then drinking vanilla Coke. In general it tastes the same, but there's just a bit more flavor to it.