PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Good feeling about this game

MTG#10
11-23-2010, 08:36 PM
Im a total pessimist every time the Chiefs go on the road, but for some reason I have this feeling that we're going to beat the 'hawks Sunday. I know we are a horrible road team, and I know Seattle plays well at home...my brain is telling me its a sure loss but my gut is telling me we win and win big. That is all, carry on.

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-23-2010, 08:39 PM
We should be a good road team with our running game. I think we're poised to make a run now.

WebGem
11-23-2010, 08:49 PM
GO CHIEFS

threebag
11-23-2010, 08:56 PM
Sweet another MTG #10 thread.

chiefsfan987
11-23-2010, 09:03 PM
Chiefs are due for a road win and it would be nice if they could pull this one off since I'm going to be there, but I really don't see us winning this game. Since I've moved out here I've yet to see the Chiefs win a game in the Pacific Northwest.

RickObie
11-23-2010, 09:18 PM
If we plan on winning this division we better win this game, we need to learn to win on the road!

MTG#10
11-23-2010, 09:25 PM
Sweet another MTG #10 thread.

I guess this was a bit of a let-down wasnt it

kcmaxwell
11-23-2010, 09:29 PM
ya know, I feel alright about this game too... And I agree with the bit that if we are gonna be a playoff team, we need to learn to win on the road. Here's hoping...

MahiMike
11-23-2010, 09:31 PM
It's.....

...in the bag!

CaliforniaChief
11-23-2010, 09:32 PM
This is, in my opinion, as close to a "must win" game as we may have from here on out.

I know that sounds crazy, but hear me out.

This is one week where both San Diego and Oakland have a better than average chance of losing. Should we miss this opportunity to put distance between us and those two by losing, we would not only begin cementing a reputation as being unable to play on the road, but also would give a sense of inevitability to San Diego winning the West.

If we finish next week with a 2 game lead in the division coming off a road win and headed home for Vengeance Bowl I, we could really separate ourselves.

If we leave Seattle with a 1 game lead or tied, with a roadie at San diego coming, I think it's difficult.

I hope you're right, MTG #10. I agree with you.

BossChief
11-23-2010, 11:43 PM
So, you are saying we are gonna piitb?

Consistent1
11-24-2010, 12:11 AM
I think we should be alright in this one. It is a road game, but Seattle is not really that great in many ways either. What, is Lynch going to run all over us? Haha.

salame
11-24-2010, 12:18 AM
http://www.rizzotees.com/images/D/OBAMA-LG-THUMB.jpg

Fritz88
11-24-2010, 12:45 AM
This is, in my opinion, as close to a "must win" game as we may have from here on out.

This is one week where both San Diego and Oakland have a better than average chance of losing. Should we miss this opportunity to put distance between us and those two by losing, we would not only begin cementing a reputation as being unable to play on the road, but also would give a sense of inevitability to San Diego winning the West.

If we finish next week with a 2 game lead in the division coming off a road win and headed home for Vengeance Bowl I, we could really separate ourselves.

If we leave Seattle with a 1 game lead or tied, with a roadie at San diego coming, I think it's difficult.

I agree with you. A loss would give this young team an issue in dealing with road games.
Posted via Mobile Device

HotRoute
11-24-2010, 01:20 AM
I'm feeling confidant as well, but this quite frankly one of the louder stadiums we will have played in. The offense needs to get up early and quiet the crow in order to win this one. Which isn't too big of a stretch. My favorite aspect of this game will be the berry vs thomas comparisons

bowener
11-24-2010, 01:45 AM
If the Chiefs run the fucking ball they will fucking win. If they pull the bullshit playbook they used in Oakland, they will probably blow it and piss down their legs.

tooge
11-24-2010, 08:54 AM
Great, now I have a bad feeling about this game. Everytime MTG#10 has a good feeling about something, we end up with a "she won't let me put it in her butt" thread the next day.

Deberg_1990
11-24-2010, 09:00 AM
Ive got zero reading on this game at all. Chiefs and Seachunks are evenly matched overall. Cassel is basically Matt Hasselbeck 7 or 8 years younger.

Chiefshrink
11-24-2010, 09:33 AM
Anytime you don't have a pass rush you are "always" vulnerable regardless if you have a running game or not. For some reason our pass rush has disappeared in the last few weeks. Not good. Just be thankful Hasselbeck's WRs crew is mediocre at best.

Don't think for a moment that Seattle isn't studying those Oakland & Denver games on how our running game was somewhat shut down against Oakland and totally shut down in Denver, not to mention the "biggie" which was our 'no pass rush, free pass 2ndary':rolleyes:

If Crennel can change up the schemes and get our pass rush going again we should be fine. But if not it will be a "coin flip" type of game:mad:

Lzen
11-24-2010, 10:41 AM
Why does everyone say the Chiefs are a horrible road team? I mean, yes they sucked in Denver, but I don't buy the horrible road team. They ground out a win at Cleveland. They gave one of best QBs of all time a tough battle, they played a division rival -who was playing well at the time- into OT, and they gave Houston all they could handle (until the defensive collapse and some questionable officiating). I would say the Chiefs are a good team at home and average to below average on the road. Not horrible by any means.

CoMoChief
11-24-2010, 10:45 AM
Lets max protect and let Cassel have some 7-step dropbacks so he can check down to a RB!!!!!

Joe Seahawk
11-24-2010, 10:57 AM
I was just looking at the standings and the other NFC West teams schedule and I realized that this game does not even matter much, even if we lose we are firmly in the drivers seat to win the west.. 8-8 will probably win the division 4 of our last 6 are at home and we already have a one game lead.

If you're bear hunting with your buddy and a bear starts to chase you, you don't have to be fast, you just have to be faster than your buddy.

Ebolapox
11-24-2010, 11:08 AM
I'm sure you had a good feeling about your marriage too, brah.

MTG#10
11-24-2010, 11:43 AM
Actually no, I was pressured into marriage...never had a good feeling about it.

Cjanz
11-24-2010, 12:51 PM
Why does everyone say the Chiefs are a horrible road team? I mean, yes they sucked in Denver, but I don't buy the horrible road team. They ground out a win at Cleveland. They gave one of best QBs of all time a tough battle, they played a division rival -who was playing well at the time- into OT, and they gave Houston all they could handle (until the defensive collapse and some questionable officiating). I would say the Chiefs are a good team at home and average to below average on the road. Not horrible by any means.

That's what I was thinking, too. This game is big either way. If we win, the improvement to 7-4 coming off of an away game adds a fair amount of legitimacy to our record. We all know what everyone will say if it goes the other way. If we can make the most of our run game and pass when appropriate, as opposed to ditching the run for Bowe every other play, we should be good to go. The Seahawks are a good home team, but our strengths this year give me confidence.

Mr. Arrowhead
11-24-2010, 12:56 PM
if we lose this one, we dont deserve to win this division. Seattle is not good.

CupidStunt
11-24-2010, 01:56 PM
Zero confidence in them playing on the road. D is generally crap and plays worse than that on the road. I've little doubt they'll let their shitty WRs get open pretty easily.

Offensively, they just don't click on the road, and in a place like Seattle? They won't be able to hear shit. They'll run it up the gut a bunch. Lots of 3-and-outs.

They should be able to press their WRs and blitz Hasselbeck, while moving the ball pretty well offensively. They just...won't.

CoMoChief
11-24-2010, 02:06 PM
I don't like this game at all.

- It's on the road (which we suck on the road).
- Weather's gonna be shitty.
- Their stadium (like Arrowhead) is known for causing problems with opposing offenses.
- We have Matt Cassel and they don't.

notorious
11-24-2010, 04:03 PM
You guys have forgotten one thing that is going to completely demolish any chance of a win on Sunday:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CVXxYUH7U7c?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CVXxYUH7U7c?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Jesus Curry is on the opposing defense. I am predicting Seattle 4 Kansas City 0.

bevischief
11-24-2010, 04:11 PM
4 Loco...

mikey23545
11-24-2010, 04:17 PM
Why does everyone say the Chiefs are a horrible road team?

Because they've only won one time on the road?

Brock
11-24-2010, 04:54 PM
if we lose this one, we dont deserve to win this division. Seattle is not good.

Neither was Denver. And frankly, I can't remember the last time the Chiefs won in Seattle.

Ming the Merciless
11-24-2010, 04:57 PM
We're winning this game boys. I put my money where my mouth is too.

Joe Seahawk
11-24-2010, 05:13 PM
Neither was Denver. And frankly, I can't remember the last time the Chiefs won in Seattle.

J/K I have no idea...

Pushead2
11-24-2010, 05:25 PM

mlyonsd
11-24-2010, 05:26 PM
Until we lose our Jekyl and Hide personality I won't feel good about any game.

But I will admit I feel less uneasy than I did for the Oak and Den games.

kysirsoze
11-24-2010, 05:29 PM
You guys have forgotten one thing that is going to completely demolish any chance of a win on Sunday:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CVXxYUH7U7c?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CVXxYUH7U7c?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Jesus Curry is on the opposing defense. I am predicting Seattle 4 Kansas City 0.

Apparently Jesus himself approves helmet to helmet hits. :eek:

Coogs
11-24-2010, 05:30 PM
Chiefs are due for a road win and it would be nice if they could pull this one off since I'm going to be there, but I really don't see us winning this game. Since I've moved out here I've yet to see the Chiefs win a game in the Pacific Northwest.

Well then it is time you moved back. You have until Sunday. :D

Pushead2
11-24-2010, 05:32 PM
http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_ncaab_experts__3/ept_sports_ncaab_experts-425442148-1228492125.jpg?ymxJWrADok8qfiJd

a lot of bitching in this thread.....

play some dice bitches...

DaneMcCloud
11-24-2010, 05:33 PM
Why does everyone say the Chiefs are a horrible road team?

ROFL

LaChapelle
11-24-2010, 05:59 PM
The nipple pinching just kicked up a notch

WebGem
11-24-2010, 06:22 PM
BTW to comment on what you said in the OP..usually the pessimists start to be optimistic when it's absolutely a must-win game. I'm sort of the same way.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-24-2010, 06:53 PM

Exactly. Because even if we were to lose to San Diego in a couple weeks they can't win the division if they don't have a better record. Winning this game is crucial.

MTG#10
11-28-2010, 06:23 PM
....just sayin...