PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Babb: Chiefs have yet to reveal their true identity

Tribal Warfare
11-24-2010, 12:25 AM
Chiefs have yet to reveal their true identity (http://www.kansascity.com/2010/11/23/2466920/chiefs-have-yet-to-reveal-their.html)
By KENT BABB
The Kansas City Star

Whether he believed it, was caught in the moment, or was again letting his words get the better of him, Dwayne Bowe said it this past Sunday: The Chiefs are going to win this year’s Super Bowl.

“We’re going to win it all,” he said, and Bowe was as serious as a class clown can be.

Anyway, that’s one opinion. Coach Todd Haley disagrees. Heck, he keeps saying the 6-4 Chiefs aren’t even a good team. They lead the AFC West, possess the league’s best rush offense, and have a quarterback who appears to have settled into his own skin — throwing for 18 touchdowns and just four interceptions.

Sure, the team has needs. But what more do the Chiefs have to do for Haley to believe his team deserves to be grouped alongside New England, Baltimore and the New York Jets as the AFC’s elite?

“I don’t know,” Haley said this week, a day after the Chiefs went nearly 60 full minutes Sunday without allowing a touchdown against Arizona. “I would lean toward — I don’t know.”

Whether Haley likes it or not, the Chiefs are getting the attention of outsiders. Rich Gannon is a former quarterback who’s now a television analyst for CBS. He’ll be in Seattle on Sunday to call the Chiefs’ game against the Seahawks. Gannon said that will be a test for the Chiefs, to see whether they can improve their 1-4 road record.

Good teams aren’t toothless on the road. Otherwise, Gannon said the Chiefs are “getting there” and could be only a handful of players away from being not only a good team, but one of the NFL’s better teams. As it is, he said the Chiefs are probably somewhere between Haley’s downer opinion and Bowe’s inflated one.

“It’s clearly heading in the right direction,” Gannon said. “They’re well on their way.”

Which is to say they’re not there yet.

The playoffs remain a possibility, if not a probability after the Chiefs lost at Oakland and Denver. Gannon said the AFC West race could go either way, with San Diego and the Chiefs likely fighting for the championship down the stretch, but that the Chiefs possess too many weaknesses to be mentioned as a dark-horse postseason favorite.

Gannon said the Chiefs need to continue improving the offensive line, and adding a wide receiver is a must. They also lack a premier pass-rusher; outside linebacker Tamba Hali is tied for sixth in the league with eight sacks, but Gannon said the Chiefs need a player with consistent potential for 15 or so sacks.

Gannon said another important factor — and maybe the most important — is the continued improvement of quarterback Matt Cassel. He has quietly put together an impressive season, and although he’s averaging only 207 yards passing, his ability to avoid turnovers has the Chiefs in postseason discussions as much as anything.

“I’ve seen improvement,” said Gannon, a former four-time Pro Bowler. “He’s playing the game faster. He’s making quicker decisions. He’s not taking as many sacks. He doesn’t turn the ball over. That’s all progress.”

Cassel still needs to be more accurate and improve upon his 59.5 completion percentage, Gannon said, and added that the Chiefs will only become a top-tier team if Cassel becomes a top quarterback.

“He has to continue to make strides,” Gannon said. “If he becomes an elite player at his position, then I think the sky is the limit. That’s kind of the way it goes.”

For his part, Haley said this week that he needs to see improvement from every position. Not only that, but Haley said his team must continue to focus on the present, keep fighting through everyday aches, and “have a little luck,” he said.

The Chiefs might not know how good they are yet, but Haley said that, with road games in two of the next three weeks — including a showdown at San Diego — there’s a good chance they will reveal their true identity soon.

“You’ve got a lot of people fighting for the same thing,” Haley said. “The more we’re able to do the things that we have to do to keep making progress, and to handle all the adversity that has been, will be and will continue to be thrown at us will determine what we become.

“We’re going to have a chance to prove here before too long what we are.”

salame
11-24-2010, 12:36 AM
http://myspace.roflposters.com/images/rofl/myspace/1209622945607.jpg.%5Broflposters.com%5D.myspace.jpg

Shogun
11-24-2010, 12:41 AM
http://myspace.roflposters.com/images/rofl/myspace/1209622945607.jpg.%5Broflposters.com%5D.myspace.jpg

QFT

Jewish Rabbi
11-24-2010, 12:46 AM

ROFL

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-24-2010, 01:02 AM
Yes, they have.

They are a team who can beat up on bad teams at home, but can't compete on the road. They're an also ran masquerading as a division contender due to the ease of the schedule.

This team may well win 10 games this year, but I'd bet almost anything they don't match that total next year.

WebGem
11-24-2010, 01:15 AM
but I'd bet almost anything they don't match that total next year.

I don't know how you can possibly be that pessimistic about next season. One thing is almost for sure, we will probably have a much more difficult schedule next year. But we can still go 7-1 or 8-0 at home, and we can still get better on the road. 10-6 next year might be really good, and if we're a much better team than we are this year and make the playoffs at 10-6 in 2011, then that's good enough because we'll have a better chance of winning playoff games.

I also think going into next year we should more than likely be a division contender.

Three7s
11-24-2010, 01:34 AM
Until we actually win on the road, we aren't a good team. Yes, I know we beat the Browns, and put up a whopping 9 points of offense. While a win is a win, I'd like to see a road win where we play well in all phases. I'm not asking for a route, just give me 24-13 or something.

bowener
11-24-2010, 01:44 AM
I am trying to imagine this team if they drafted a top flight WR in round 1 next year (or impossibly acquired Fitz for a 1st), drafted a true NT in round 2, and the best OLB left in round 3.

Filling those 3 gaping holes on the Chiefs roster could give a major push... or am I just being a bit of a homer?

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-24-2010, 01:49 AM
I don't know how you can possibly be that pessimistic about next season. One thing is almost for sure, we will probably have a much more difficult schedule next year. But we can still go 7-1 or 8-0 at home, and we can still get better on the road. 10-6 next year might be really good, and if we're a much better team than we are this year and make the playoffs at 10-6 in 2011, then that's good enough because we'll have a better chance of winning playoff games.

I also think going into next year we should more than likely be a division contender.

You know what the combined record of our 13 opponents is this year?

54-76.

That's a .415 winning percentage.

This schedule isn't just a joke, it's a historic joke.

Say we finish second. That means that next year we'll play the following teams out of division

Green Bay
Chicago
Minnesota
Detroit
New England
NYJ
Miami
Buffalo
Pitt/Baltimore
Jacksonville

The only games on there that even look semi-easy are Chicago, Buffalo, and maybe Miami and Jacksonville. Yeah, we'll still have an easy divisional road, but we aren't going to have three guaranteed wins against the NFC, and all of those NFC road games are very tough places to play, save Detroit, who is an ascending team.

If we win the division, swap out Jacksonville for Indianapolis

Indy, San Diego twice, New England, NY, Green Bay, and Pitt/Baltimore

Good luck.

BigMeatballDave
11-24-2010, 08:59 AM

54-76.

Say we finish second. That means that next year we'll play the following teams out of division

Green Bay
Chicago
Minnesota
Detroit
New England
NYJ
Miami
Buffalo
Pitt/Baltimore
Jacksonville

The only games on there that even look semi-easy are Chicago, Buffalo, and maybe Miami and Jacksonville. Yeah, we'll still have an easy divisional road, but we aren't going to have three guaranteed wins against the NFC, and all of those NFC road games are very tough places to play, save Detroit, who is an ascending team.

Good luck.I'll worry about next season when it gets here.

the Talking Can
11-24-2010, 09:02 AM
is this article about the chiefs or g-annon?

Bugeater
11-24-2010, 09:04 AM
“He has to continue to make strides,” Gannon said. “If he becomes an elite player at his position, then I think the sky is the limit. That’s kind of the way it goes.”
Yeah, and if I started shitting golden turds I'd be a billionaire.

BigMeatballDave
11-24-2010, 09:17 AM
It bothers me when people bring up the shitty record of our opponents.

Of course its bad. We're playing a soft schedule. We were a very bad team the past 3 seasons.

We are no longer a bad team. We're not good, yet. But I think we are headed in the right direction. I'd say this season kicks the shit outta the past 3 seasons.

Yet, we have people worrying about how we will stack up next season. These people dont want to talk about playoffs this season, but bring up the possibility of a tough schedule next season. I dont see the logic in that.

As the tired old player cliche goes; I'm taking it one game at a time.

InChiefsHeaven
11-24-2010, 10:16 AM

Wouldn't that be awesome though?:D

SenselessChiefsFan
11-24-2010, 10:51 AM
Yes, they have.

They are a team who can beat up on bad teams at home, but can't compete on the road. They're an also ran masquerading as a division contender due to the ease of the schedule.

This team may well win 10 games this year, but I'd bet almost anything they don't match that total next year.

Can't 'compete' on the road? Give me a break. They have been blown out once. They have been in every other game and gave up two fourth quarter leads on the road.

Now, let's look to next year... If the Chiefs are able to retain everyone and then add through free agency and the draft....... I disagree.

But, the off season is a ways away. I don't know that they will be able to keep everyone. And, who knows who they will draft and who they will sign or trade for.

I think it is funny that you continue to be so pessimistic, when, if nothing else, the Chiefs are greatly improved over last year and are still VERY young.

Marcellus
11-24-2010, 11:02 AM
Yes! This year is going reasonably well to this point so let's bitch about what we think could happen badly next year!

To the ship!

TheGuardian
11-24-2010, 11:09 AM
Yes, they have.

So with another draft, another year of adding some key free agents, and then the continued growth of the young players we have almost no chance of getting to 10 wins next season.

Makes total sense, dumbass.

Hydrae
11-24-2010, 11:13 AM
Yes, they have.

Given the fact that there are supposed to be 2 more games next year, that is a dangerous offer to make. You are saying you think this team will lose more than 8 games next season basically.

ModSocks
11-24-2010, 11:22 AM

54-76.

Green Bay
Chicago
Minnesota
Detroit
New England
NYJ
Miami
Buffalo
Pitt/Baltimore
Jacksonville

Good luck.

What's with you dude? You and Dane are back on the rag again. Seriously. You guys should have an out of body experience and you'll see how you two flip flop every week.

That's their schedule, WTF are they suppose to do about it? Forfeit the games and say, "sorry, they're not hard enough"?

We were a bad team. A Really bad team. Now, we're a mediocre team. Next year, we'll be a better mediocre team.

So why are you over here huffing and puffing, "Oh, they're not an elite team, and when they play an elite team, they're gonna lose!"

No one is saying this team is Pitt, NE or Balt yet. So why do you feel the need to throw that shit in everyone's faces like it's some sort of revelation?

DaneMcCloud
11-24-2010, 11:36 AM
What's with you dude? You and Dane are back on the rag again. Seriously. You guys should have an out of body experience and you'll see how you two flip flop every week.

Excuse me? What the fuck are you talking about, Dude?

ModSocks
11-24-2010, 11:39 AM
Excuse me? What the **** are you talking about, Dude?

Before the season started: Chiefs had no chance. Lucky to win a few games.

@ 5-2: Thrilled with the Chiefs. Excited.

Now: Back to pessimistic, angry posts.

chiefzilla1501
11-24-2010, 11:45 AM
Yes, they have.

Can't compete on the road? They can compete, they just can't close out.

As for next season... you are assuming the Chiefs make zero improvements from 2010 to 2011. The Chiefs right now are not as good as their record shows. But it's not like the Chiefs are that many moves away from making this team a legit playoff contender in 2011.

DaneMcCloud
11-24-2010, 11:46 AM
Before the season started: Chiefs had no chance. Lucky to win a few games.

@ 5-2: Thrilled with the Chiefs. Excited.

Now: Back to pessimistic, angry posts.

You know what? Just shut the fuck up.

I didn't even post in this thread, you stupid motherfucker. And when was my last "negative" post?

Go fuck yourself.

threebag
11-24-2010, 11:51 AM

Naw you'd still be a little whiney Cocksucker. Go eat a COCKroach fucking moron.

ModSocks
11-24-2010, 11:54 AM
You know what? Just shut the **** up.

I didn't even post in this thread, you stupid mother****er. And when was my last "negative" post?

Go **** yourself.

Where did i say you posted in this thread? We're talking about a complete body of work here. And it's not like i'm the only person saying this.

And your threatening PMs are funny. Forum bullies. What a concept. ROFL

MMXcalibur
11-24-2010, 11:55 AM

54-76.

Green Bay
Chicago
Minnesota
Detroit
New England
NYJ
Miami
Buffalo
Pitt/Baltimore
Jacksonville

Good luck.

http://www.sportsmoviesfanatic.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/bring-it-on.jpg

DaneMcCloud
11-24-2010, 12:02 PM
Where did i say you posted in this thread? We're talking about a complete body of work here. And it's not like i'm the only person saying this.

And your threatening PMs are funny. Forum bullies. What a concept. ROFL

Who's saying this? Anyone with ANY FUCKING CREDIBILITY?

No.

Again Douchewad, why don't you go ahead an point out my last "negative" post.

I'm really getting sick of you Dumbfucks talking shit that just isn't true.

And you know what, you fucking dumb piece of shit? This place was started more than 10 years ago by people passionate about football. Pointing out a team's deficiencies, poor playcalling, etc. was standard around here and people didn't call each other "names" or complain that someone wasn't acting like a "fan".

It was pure discussion.

Now, this place has turned into Arrowhead Pride North. Any REAL discussion about he Chiefs is perceived as "negative". Discussing or pointing out the lack of depth in the secondary or at NT or DE or WR or any number of other issues is deemed "negative".

It's fucking stupid and the main reason why good football people like Gaz and Htismaque and others left forever.

salame
11-24-2010, 12:12 PM
rampant homerism

LaChapelle
11-24-2010, 12:12 PM
LEt's not be calling the 8-2 Jets elete just yet Mr Babb
might as well throw in the 7-3 Bucs then

Raven(7-3) L 9-10

Pats(8-2) W 28-14

@Fins(5-5) W 31-23

@Bills(2-8) W 38-14

Vikings(3-7) W 29-20

@Broncos(3-7) W 24-20

Pack(7-3) L 0-9

@Lions(2-8) W 23-20(OT)edit

@Browns(3-7) W 26-20(OT)edit

Texans(4-6) W 30-27

Bengals (2-8)

@Pats (8-2)

Fins (3-5)

@Steelers (7-3)

@Bears (7-3)

Bills (2-8)

salame
11-24-2010, 12:15 PM
elite*

The Bad Guy
11-24-2010, 12:19 PM

54-76.

Green Bay
Chicago
Minnesota
Detroit
New England
NYJ
Miami
Buffalo
Pitt/Baltimore
Jacksonville

Good luck.

So now we are trading in enjoying being in first place this late in the season for the doom and gloom of next year's schedule?

I just don't get how being a fan is enjoyable for some of you.

salame
11-24-2010, 12:23 PM
I mean if you guys believe the team is really bad ass and only getting better wouldn't you want that kind of schedule to silence the critics?

ModSocks
11-24-2010, 12:29 PM
Who's saying this? Anyone with ANY ****ING CREDIBILITY?

No.

I'm really getting sick of you Dumb****s talking shit that just isn't true.

And you know what, you ****ing dumb piece of shit? This place was started more than 10 years ago by people passionate about football. Pointing out a team's deficiencies, poor playcalling, etc. was standard around here and people didn't call each other "names" or complain that someone wasn't acting like a "fan".

It was pure discussion.

Now, this place has turned into Arrowhead Pride North. Any REAL discussion about he Chiefs is perceived as "negative". Discussing or pointing out the lack of depth in the secondary or at NT or DE or WR or any number of other issues is deemed "negative".

It's ****ing stupid and the main reason why good football people like Gaz and Htismaque and others left forever.

Oh Dane, you so silly.

I've heard all of your name calling and blah blah blah. Save it, please. The schtick is old....so old that it no longer carries any weight and just makes you sound like an ass. I don't think anyone cares about your name calling anymore, so why do you do it?

And yes there is plenty of football discussion on this board negative and positive. But i never said anything about that.

You are over here ranting, calling names and doing your "Dane Thing" and all i said was:

"You are flip flopping"

That's it. That's all i said. You've said much worse, to many more people. Yet simply stating that you are flip flopping and ragging lately warrants this kind of reaction from you? I said nothing offensive. I didn't call you any names. Just stated the obvious. Not sure why that upsets you.

You go on about how there "use to be" real football discussion here. I assume you are inferring to heated football discussion. If that's what you are after, then why so mad about someone saying you flip flopped?

Jeez dude.....That's what I meant when I said you should take a step back and see how others can perceive your posts.

ModSocks
11-24-2010, 12:33 PM
I mean if you guys believe the team is really bad ass and only getting better wouldn't you want that kind of schedule to silence the critics?

Who said the team is "badass"?

There are very few dilusional fans on this board. Not sure why some of you are assuming that we all think this really is the "Patriots West".

Bugeater
Naw you'd still be a little whiney Cocksucker. Go eat a COCKroach fucking moron.
Who the fuck are you anyway? Am I supposed to give a shit about your opinion of me?

DaneMcCloud
Jeez dude.....That's what I meant when I said you should take a step back and see how others can perceive your posts.

I don't really give a fuck what people like you, Marcellus, The Retardian, Reerun_KC and all of the other dumbass homers think of my posts.

Enjoy your circle jerk.

TheGuardian
11-24-2010, 12:37 PM

No.

And you know what, you ****ing dumb piece of shit? This place was started more than 10 years ago by people passionate about football. Pointing out a team's deficiencies, poor playcalling, etc. was standard around here and people didn't call each other "names" or complain that someone wasn't acting like a "fan".

It was pure discussion.

It's ****ing stupid and the main reason why good football people like Gaz and Htismaque and others left forever.

To you real discussion is "everyone on the Chiefs sucks!"

Does that about sum it up?

ModSocks
11-24-2010, 12:38 PM
I don't really give a **** what people like you, Marcellus, The Retardian, Reerun_KC and all of the other dumbass homers think of my posts.

Enjoy your circle jerk.

So now i'm a Homer? ROFL

And I don't think i've even interacted with Marcellus or Reerun_KC. I sure as hell don't associate with them nor do I make Homer posts. Not sure where you are getting all of this from.

DaneMcCloud
11-24-2010, 12:41 PM
Not sure where you are getting all of this from.

And I'm not sure why you've chosen to call me out, especially when there have been very few (if any) "negative" posts from me since September.

Marcellus pulled this shit earlier this season as well, claiming that I "hated" the draft. I had to link him to my posts on draft weekend to prove otherwise.

Quite honestly, I'm pretty sick of the assumption that I "hate" everything this season when in reality, there's no proof of that, whatsoever.

DaneMcCloud
11-24-2010, 12:41 PM
To you real discussion is "everyone on the Chiefs sucks!"

Does that about sum it up?

Is that what I've said, Dumbass?

Hali called and said he needed a foot rub. Hop to it!

ModSocks
11-24-2010, 12:45 PM
And I'm not sure why you've chosen to call me out, especially when there have been very few (if any) "negative" posts from me since September.

Marcellus pulled this shit earlier this season as well, claiming that I "hated" the draft. I had to link him to my posts on draft weekend to prove otherwise.

Quite honestly, I'm pretty sick of the assumption that I "hate" everything this season when in reality, there's no proof of that, whatsoever.

Ok Dane. I'm not going to go post hunting. If I am Wrong, I apologize.

SAUTO
11-24-2010, 12:49 PM
Who's saying this? Anyone with ANY FUCKING CREDIBILITY?

No.

I'm really getting sick of you Dumbfucks talking shit that just isn't true.

And you know what, you fucking dumb piece of shit? This place was started more than 10 years ago by people passionate about football. Pointing out a team's deficiencies, poor playcalling, etc. was standard around here and people didn't call each other "names" or complain that someone wasn't acting like a "fan".

It was pure discussion.

It's fucking stupid and the main reason why good football people like Gaz and Htismaque and others left forever.

this part is funny. people didnt call names? who calls names around here? mostly the people NOT classified as "true fans".

hell how many names did you call someone in this very post?

DaneMcCloud
11-24-2010, 12:54 PM
Ok Dane. I'm not going to go post hunting. If I am Wrong, I apologize.

And furthermore, in May, I predicted the Chiefs to have a 6-8 win season. In August, after watching a dreadful preseason, I stated in a thread (that has now become legendary, apparently) that the Chiefs wouldn't start 3-0.

That was based on their preseason performance, along with the fact that they were facing San Diego, a four time division winner, Cleveland, who'd rushed for 300 yards against them in Week 16 and San Francisco, which had the makings of a good team. As it turned out, all three of those teams sucked ass in September (and San Francisco still sucks ass, while Cleveland with Colt McCoy is showing signs of life and San Diego's on a tear) and the Chiefs beat all three teams.

For whatever reason, certain people are hanging on that prediction, even though after the San Diego game, I predicted the team would be 5-2 after seven games.

But my detractors, you know, the people that for whatever reason have nothing better to do with their lives than bring up an old quote, can't let go and hang on to that quote as some kind of badge of honor.

IMO, it's fucking weird.

DaneMcCloud
11-24-2010, 12:55 PM
this part is funny. people didnt call names? who calls names around here? mostly the people NOT classified as "true fans".

Gee Jason, what was your screen name in 2000? 2001? 2002? 2003?

Who were you then?

SAUTO
11-24-2010, 12:56 PM
And furthermore, in May, I predicted the Chiefs to have a 6-8 win season. In August, after watching a dreadful preseason, I stated in a thread (that has now become legendary, apparently) that the Chiefs wouldn't start 3-0.

That was based on their preseason performance, along with the fact that they were facing San Diego, a four time division winner, Cleveland, who'd rushed for 300 yards against them in Week 16 and San Francisco, which had the makings of a good team. As it turned out, all three of those teams sucked ass in September (and San Francisco still sucks ass, while Cleveland with Colt McCoy is showing signs of life and San Diego's on a tear) and the Chiefs beat all three teams.

For whatever reason, certain people are hanging on that prediction, even though after the San Diego game, I predicted the team would be 5-2 after seven games.

But my detractors, you know, the people that for whatever reason have nothing better to do with their lives than bring up an old quote, can't let go and hang on to that quote as some kind of badge of honor.

IMO, it's fucking weird.

now now dane, and i like you quite a bit BTW, but you said IIRC that we would be LUCKY to be 1-6 after seven and quite possibly be 0-7

SAUTO
11-24-2010, 12:58 PM
Gee Jason, what was your screen name in 2000? 2001? 2002? 2003?

Who were you then?

gee, dane where did i say anything about 2000-2003?

look at my post again, i said: people didnt call names QUESTION MARK, then i STATED that the ones who are usually calling names are the ones not classified as true fans, THEN i commented on how many names YOU called him in your very post

TheGuardian
11-24-2010, 12:58 PM
Is that what I've said, Dumbass?

Hali called and said he needed a foot rub. Hop to it!

The same Hali you have bashed for years now?

No problem. GSAD.

DaneMcCloud
11-24-2010, 01:00 PM

No problem. GSAD.

Bashed? LMAO

Seriously, you're so fucking full of shit that it's oozing out of pores.

DaneMcCloud
11-24-2010, 01:01 PM
gee, dane where did i say anything about 2000-2003?

look at my post again, i said: people didnt call names QUESTION MARK, then i STATED that the ones who are usually calling names are the ones not classified as true fans, THEN i commented on how many names YOU called him in your very post

Why the fuck are you sticking your nose in a conversation when it's absolutely none of your business? I call him a dumbass because he was calling me out for things I NEVER said.

Get it? What the FUCK, Dude?

Hammock Parties
11-24-2010, 01:01 PM
Seriously, you're so fucking full of shit that it's oozing out of pours.

I think you mean "pores."

DaneMcCloud
11-24-2010, 01:02 PM
I think you mean "pores."

Thank you, Mr. Editor.

:D

SAUTO
11-24-2010, 01:08 PM
Why the fuck are you sticking your nose in a conversation when it's absolutely none of your business? I call him a dumbass because he was calling me out for things I NEVER said.

ROFL ok dane. this is a public message board and people talk about shit that has nothing to do with them in threads every day. sooooo take your own advice next time one of the draftabulators need some help. ok?

SAUTO
11-24-2010, 01:09 PM

oh and your reply here didnt touch on any of my points.

i find it very hypocritical that you are talking about people NOT calling names while you are calling names in the SAME post

TheGuardian
11-24-2010, 01:10 PM
Bashed? LMAO

Seriously, you're so ****ing full of shit that it's oozing out of pores.

Yeah man no way all the people that linked your quotes about how he'd be an utter failure at outside backer were real. right?

ModSocks
11-24-2010, 01:10 PM
Why the **** are you sticking your nose in a conversation when it's absolutely none of your business? I call him a dumbass because he was calling me out for things I NEVER said.

Get it? What the ****, Dude?

You NEVER swayed, Dane? I don't remember exact posts and I'm not going to go post hunting. But I do remember reading your posts (Hell, I read everybody's) and as the season has progressed, your demeanor towards the team has changed.

Maybe you forgot. Fine.

But, it has changed. Maybe you don't see it. Fine.

I know when I am being an asshole, i don't realize it. At least that's what my wife and others say.

The demeanor of your posts have changed. Maybe you don't realize it. I can understand that.

That's all i'm saying. Like I said, not sure why that warrants such a backlash from you. It's not like i came out screaming, "Fuck Dane, he's always wrong, he's such an asshole, blah blah blah"

So..when you start trying to "PM bully" me....im kinda like..."Uhm...WTF?"

DaneMcCloud
11-24-2010, 01:20 PM

No problem. GSAD.

Just for you, Cuntsack:

2009:
This is patently false.

I've said on several occasions that Hali has the heart of a champion and would work his ass off. He's the classic overachiever. I said just last night that he's the only guy that's really worth a crap in the linebacking corp (and have said that in the past as well).

2009:

It's too bad that Hali isn't .5 seconds faster.

The guy might lead the league in sacks.

2010:
I can completely understand the Matthews selection but if King had swapped Hali for Wake, I doubt they're would be many complaints.

If Hali continues to play as ferociously the final nine games as he has the previous seven, post season honors will follow.

2006:

So what you're saying is that you don't think that Hali is better than a mid-second round pick. I definitely disagree with this "analysis" but when Hali makes a few Pro Bowls, it won't matter where he was drafted.

----------------------------

Furthermore, Hali has been consistently inconsistent until 2010. He had a nice rookie season but was plagued by injuries in 2007 & 2008 and was a non-factor after Jared Allen was traded. He's currently enjoying his best season as a Chief but to pretend that he was some sort of "superstar" from 2007-2009 is patently false.

DaneMcCloud
11-24-2010, 01:24 PM
ROFL ok dane. this is a public message board and people talk about shit that has nothing to do with them in threads every day. sooooo take your own advice next time one of the draftabulators need some help. ok?

Fuck you, Jason.

I've not interjected when OTWP58 has owned your ass and I don't jump into existing conversations and "help" anyone.

ModSocks
11-24-2010, 01:26 PM
**** you, Jason.

I've not interjected when OTWP58 has owned your ass and I don't jump into existing conversations and "help" anyone.

What ever happened to that guy?

Reerun_KC
11-24-2010, 01:26 PM
ROFL

DaneMcCloud
11-24-2010, 01:27 PM
So..when you start trying to "PM bully" me....im kinda like..."Uhm...WTF?"

First off, Dummy, I've NEVER sent you a Private Message. I left a couple of messages on your page for everyone to see.

Secondly, you claim that "I've changed" yet refuse to provide any truth. Nice.

So, why don't you do us both a favor and either provide these phantom posts or just drop it altogether?

-King-
11-24-2010, 01:27 PM
ROFL @ Dane complaining about people calling him names. The guy is like a walking definition of irony.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ming the Merciless
11-24-2010, 01:30 PM
Secondly, you claim that "I've changed" yet refuse to provide any truth. Nice.

You haven't changed, you are still an idiot douche bag. You are just posting less and trying to contain yourself a little in order to minimize how stupid you look right now.

Reerun_KC
11-24-2010, 01:31 PM
ROFL @ Dane complaining about people calling him names. The guy is like a walking definition of irony.
Posted via Mobile Device

The entertainment factor alone is priceless... I smile everytime I see him post...

DaneMcCloud
11-24-2010, 01:32 PM
You haven't changed, you are still an idiot douche bag. You are just posting less and trying to contain yourself a little in order to minimize how stupid you look right now.

Fuck off. The only person that looks stupid is you.

Why you even bother to post here is beyond me.

DaneMcCloud
11-24-2010, 01:33 PM
You NEVER swayed, Dane?

Did you miss this post from earlier in the thread?

IMO, it's fucking weird.

Ming the Merciless
11-24-2010, 01:33 PM
**** off. The only person that looks stupid is you.

Oh really? Look at your sig...Why don't you explain to everyone how your expectations of Matt Cassel were so high that he hasn't exceeded them....

What WERE your expectations of Cassel before this season and which ones has he not lived up to so far?

DaneMcCloud
11-24-2010, 01:34 PM
Oh really? Look at your sig...Why don't you explain to everyone how your expectations of Matt Cassel were so high that he hasn't exceeded them....

What WERE your expectations of Cassel before this season and which ones has he not lived up to so far?

LMAO

That sig is a thing of beauty.

Thanks, Pwnmower!

Ming the Merciless
11-24-2010, 01:35 PM
The guy is so ****ign stupid he thinks he can go from April (maybe ever further back) to August saying how shitty the Chiefs are, how we will be 1-6, NO WAY we can go 3-0 etc....Then after ONE game suddenly he can change his predictions after MONTHS of bashing...and somehow this makes him look smart? LOL What a ****ing idiot.

MMXcalibur
11-24-2010, 01:36 PM
1. Click on "DaneMcCloud".
2. Move mouse cursor down to "Add DaneMcCloud to Your Ignore List".
3. ???
4. PROFIT!

Reerun_KC
11-24-2010, 01:37 PM
1. Click on "DaneMcCloud".
2. Move mouse cursor down to "Add DaneMcCloud to Your Ignore List".
3. ???
4. PROFIT!

I would but then I wouldnt be able to ROFL at him when he throws his daily fits...

Hootie
11-24-2010, 01:37 PM
Yes, they have.

ROFL

NO!!!!!?

YOU DON'T SAY?!?!?!?!

hahaha

Hootie
11-24-2010, 01:39 PM
hey guys

hamas took gholston over matt ryan, clausen over sam bradford, bruce campbell in the 1st round...

he's a guru

DaneMcCloud
11-24-2010, 01:41 PM
The guy is so ****ign stupid he thinks he can go from April (maybe ever further back) to August saying how shitty the Chiefs are, how we will be 1-6, NO WAY we can go 3-0 etc....Then after ONE game suddenly he can change his predictions after MONTHS of bashing...and somehow this makes him look smart? LOL What a ****ing idiot.

First off, I didn't say the Chiefs were "shitty" in April, May, June or July.

I never said they were "shitty" in August. I said exactly the same things about the team as I've been saying recently: Weakness at OLB, NT, DE, QB and WR.

They were able to overcome those deficiencies against San Diego, Cleveland and San Fran the first month of the season but those weaknesses were exploited by Houston, Indy, Oakland & Denver. I'd imagine those same weakness will rear their ugly head a few more times this season.

But the difference between you and me, Pwnmower, is that I give detailed analysis as to WHY I feel a certain way about the team, whereas you and your ilk are just cheerleaders.

Pull up your panties.

SAUTO
11-24-2010, 01:43 PM
Fuck you, Jason.

ok dane, whatever. you never jump into anything. you're right.

kysirsoze
11-24-2010, 01:46 PM
is this article about the chiefs or g-annon?

I was thinking it would have been better if Gannon had just written it instead of dictating it to Babb.

Ming the Merciless
11-24-2010, 01:49 PM
But the difference between you and me, Pwnmower, is that I give detailed analysis as to WHY I feel a certain way about the team, whereas you and your ilk are just cheerleaders.

Actually, that is also not correct. I have asked you repeatedly what expectations you had for Matt Cassel, yet you refuse to answer. You claim I am a 'cheerleader' yet from April on, my main point has been 'let's wait and see how Cassel does.' You need to look up Cheerleader in the dictionary.

So again, what were your expectations of Cassel in April, May, June, July ? What were they Dane?

DaneMcCloud
11-24-2010, 01:51 PM
Actually, that is also not correct. I have asked you repeatedly what expectations you had for Matt Cassel, yet you refuse to answer. You claim I am a 'cheerleader' yet from April on, my main point has been 'let's wait and see how Cassel does.' You need to look up Cheerleader in the dictionary.

So again, what were your expectations of Cassel in April, May, June, July ? What were they Dane?

Search Function: Use it.

Ming the Merciless
11-24-2010, 01:51 PM
Search Function: Use it.

So youre saying that Cassel is not playing as well as you expected? You expected him to play better? Wow...I couldve sworn you claimed he would suck.

HemiEd
11-24-2010, 02:01 PM

No.

It was pure discussion.

It seems like the Chiefs surprising success so far, has re-entrenched a lot of homers.

Personally, I find it kind of funny, how things have changed since everyone wanted the team blown up (2005-2006-2007) and built through the draft.

No amount of losses will deter us, to hell with 8 and 8 and mediocrity! Even if it means years and years of losing!

Maybe it is just me, but I don't think that is the reason Gaz and Parker left. It is my perception that the hatefulness and the disgusting non-football discussions that bothered Gaz.
I may have missed it, but I think Parker realized he had better things to do with his time.

DaneMcCloud
11-24-2010, 02:06 PM
So youre saying that Cassel is not playing as well as you expected? You expected him to play better? Wow...I couldve sworn you claimed he would suck.

You're a fucking moron. Cassel is far from a complete QB. He wilts under pressure and was directly responsible for 10 points in the Denver game. He's yet to lead the Chiefs to victory in the fourth quarter this year (despite having that opportunity in both Oakland and Texas) and he's awful on third down conversions.

But for whatever reason, you continually bug me about my expectations, so here ya go:

The first series (and many of the play designs today) actually give me hope that once a competent QB coach and offensive coordinator are hired, the Chiefs offense will improve exponentially.

Cassel has limitations. Most QB's do. But it's taken Todd Haley nearly all season to figure what works best for Cassel and what doesn't work.

I still think that Cassel can be an effective QB in the league, given the right game plan and coaching.

I really liked it when he grabbed Bobby Wade by the face and pushed him away from Haley today.

Classic.

Nope, not even close.

I think with the right combination on the offensive line (Albert/Asamoah/Niswanger/Brown/O'C) and will production from Bowe, Chambers, Charles, McCluster and Jones, the Chiefs offense will be improved considerably, maybe even Top 12. I expect Weis to design plays limiting Cassel's exposure (i.e., plays that won't work for his abilities) and for the running game to be Top Eight.

On defense, I wouldn't be shocked to see both drafted safeties starting with Arenas as the nickel. I expect improvement from Jackson, Magee and Dorsey, along with Belcher and Mays. I'd expect to see even more improvement from Studebaker and with a REAL defensive coordinator and line coach, I think the Chiefs will move into the low 20's if not high teens.

If the ball falls their way a few games and if Arenas is the answer at returner, maybe the Chiefs eek out eight games.

------------------------------

Happy now?

:rolleyes:

Ming the Merciless
11-24-2010, 02:08 PM
Here's a good Dane Quote that shows his football 'knowledge'

The bottom line is that there is no empirical data to support the idea of a better Chiefs team and record in 2010.

Nostrodumbass with another BRILLIANT prediction!

--------------------------------------

Ming the Merciless
11-24-2010, 02:10 PM
You're a ****ing moron. Cassel is far from a complete QB. He wilts under pressure and was directly responsible for 10 points in the Denver game. He's yet to lead the Chiefs to victory in the fourth quarter this year (despite having that opportunity in both Oakland and Texas) and he's awful on third down conversions.

YOU are the dumbass. You want to change my words...Where did I ever say he was a COMPLETE QB? All I said is that the man has EXCEEDED my expectations for him this season. If you think he sucks so badly, hasn't he also exceeded YOUR expectations? Think about it.

DaneMcCloud
11-24-2010, 02:14 PM
It seems like the Chiefs surprising success so far, has re-entrenched a lot of homers.

And that is just fine by me.

What isn't fine is the fact that there are a number of members here that confuse my posts with Mecca, OTWP58 and Hamas. I like all of those guys as people and more often than not, agree with their takes.

But, my take on the draft was different than their take. That doesn't make me "right" and them "wrong", nor does it really amount to a hill of beans. I don't like being lumped into a collective group and that's what's happened this past year, despite my posts and opinions.

For whatever reason, when an opinion that I've stated has been proven wrong, there are people that act like flies on shit and won't let it go (the 0-3 prediction, for one). Yet when my predictions are accurate, there are very few, if any, posts commendable posts.

It's very, very strange to me to be the center of attention when I'm wrong but invisible when I'm right.

DaneMcCloud
11-24-2010, 02:15 PM
Here's a good Dane Quote that shows his football 'knowledge'

Nostrodumbass with another BRILLIANT prediction!

--------------------------------------

That's not a prediction, Dumbass. Do you not understand the words "empirical evidence"? Furthermore, that was in March, before the additions of TJ, Lilja and the draft.

But go ahead and continue to embarrass yourself.

Ming the Merciless
11-24-2010, 02:16 PM
It's very, very strange to me to be the center of attention when I'm wrong but invisible when I'm right.

Awwwww. Poor lil fella....

http://frugalhoosiers.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/crybaby.jpg

DaneMcCloud
11-24-2010, 02:16 PM
YOU are the dumbass. You want to change my words...Where did I ever say he was a COMPLETE QB? All I said is that the man has EXCEEDED my expectations for him this season. If you think he sucks so badly, hasn't he also exceeded YOUR expectations? Think about it.

The only thing I think is that your a 15 year old kid sitting behind a computer that loves the Chiefs.

DaneMcCloud
11-24-2010, 02:17 PM
Awwwww. Poor lil fella....

n00b, you're an annoying twat.

Ming the Merciless
11-24-2010, 02:18 PM
That's not a prediction, Dumbass. Do you not understand the words "empirical evidence"? Furthermore, that was in March, before the additions of TJ, Lilja and the draft.

Oh i see so you didn't know there would be a draft and free agency, you just assumed we would field the same team...

LOL

Moron. I guess you should watch a little CSI to work on your evidence handling.

SAUTO
11-24-2010, 02:34 PM

What isn't fine is the fact that there are a number of members here that confuse my posts with Mecca, OTWP58 and Hamas. I like all of those guys as people and more often than not, agree with their takes.

But, my take on the draft was different than their take. That doesn't make me "right" and them "wrong", nor does it really amount to a hill of beans. I don't like being lumped into a collective group and that's what's happened this past year, despite my posts and opinions.

For whatever reason, when an opinion that I've stated has been proven wrong, there are people that act like flies on shit and won't let it go (the 0-3 prediction, for one). Yet when my predictions are accurate, there are very few, if any, posts commendable posts.

i will say that you did LOVE the draft and stayed true at that point. I.E. you wanted playmakers we drafted playmakers so you didnt bitch like some...

but the prediction was 1-6 maybe 0-7

HemiEd
11-24-2010, 02:35 PM

Maybe they should make an official roster of "the four horseman."

That is probably where this is coming from, as it seemed many opinions were commonly shared by that group, so others have a tendency to to think all of them were in agreement.
To many of the n00bs (as with me when I joined) it is their first experience with someone being factually negative about 1 Arrowhead drive, so it isn't easy to deal with initially.
To carry it further, most of the people you mentioned, do have an above average football IQ, so it isn't all bad to be lumped in with them, but it is probably frustrating when you have a clearly different opinion.
milkman has had much the same problem recently, I have seen him comment on it.
I think it is human nature for people point out your mistakes, and forget your victories, it makes them feel better about themselves.

LOCOChief
11-24-2010, 02:35 PM

If they win 10 this year I'll take that bet.

You name it.

DaneMcCloud
11-24-2010, 02:36 PM
Oh i see so you didn't know there would be a draft and free agency, you just assumed we would field the same team...

LOL

Moron. I guess you should watch a little CSI to work on your evidence handling.

Hey Cuntsack, nice of you to cherry-pick from that post. That thread was about Cassel versus Trent Green, not about the Chiefs in general and has absolutely no relevance in regards to a prediction:

The problem is that your "feeling" is based on hope and not facts.

We have no idea if the draft will provide any impact players.

We have no idea if Crennel will make a difference.

We have no idea if Cassel will improve.

The bottom line is that there is no empirical data to support the idea of a better Chiefs team and record in 2010.

That quote is absolutely correct. In March 2010, no one knew with any certainly what was to follow.

You wanna try this again or give up while you're behind?

Discuss Thrower
11-24-2010, 02:38 PM
If they win 10 this year I'll take that bet.

You name it.

My personal feelings on the next season aside, you might wanna take statistics into consideration before you go makin' predictions, broskie.

Ming the Merciless
11-24-2010, 02:50 PM
That quote is absolutely correct. In March 2010, no one knew with any certainly what was to follow.

You wanna try this again or give up while you're behind?

No one EVER knows whats going to happen. People can only predict. In march 2010 you predicted that the 2010 Chiefs wouldn't be better than they were in 2009.

You predicted they couldn't go 3-0

I believe you predicted Matt Cassel would not have a good season...("No Improvement")....

What did you predict about Pioli, Haley, Weiss?

It isn't me that needs to give up predicting things.

DaneMcCloud
11-24-2010, 03:01 PM
No one EVER knows whats going to happen. People can only predict. In march 2010 you predicted that the 2010 Chiefs wouldn't be better than they were in 2009.

No, I did not. Can't you fucking read?

You predicted they couldn't go 3-0

Wrong. I said they wouldn't go 3-0. I never said they were incapable.

I believe you predicted Matt Cassel would not have a good season...("No Improvement")....

Complete and utter bullshit. Look at the quotes above you.

That said, Cassel has been exactly what I expected him to be with Weis and that quote proves it.

What did you predict about Pioli, Haley, Weiss?

Excuse me? Try to find even a HINT of anything negative about Weis. I guarantee you won't find it. I thought the draft was absolutely awesome, as was the addition of TJ (I was lukewarm at best on Lilja but he's proven to be an excellent addition). I don't even know if I commented on Haley this past offseason.

It isn't me that needs to give up predicting things.

I haven't followed your posts or predictions because quite frankly, I find you to be incredibly stupid. Your reading comprehension is horrid, as evidenced in this thread. You're a die hard Chiefs fan that apparently has no understanding of football, which is why you continually insult and bash anyone that has an opinion other than that the Chiefs are "great".

As far my opinions, take them or leave them. I really don't fuck about you.

Ming the Merciless
11-24-2010, 03:07 PM
You're a die hard Chiefs fan that apparently has no understanding of football, which is why you continually insult and bash anyone that has an opinion other than that the Chiefs are "great".

This is completely untrue. I have never said the Chiefs are great, nor have I bashed anyone for saying they aren't. THEY ARENT GREAT. I really don't know where you pull this shit from...

Youre trying to say now that you expected the Chiefs to be doing this well, when that is clearly a lie. Youre trying to say that you expected Cassel to be having this good of a season, and that is a lie. Seriously you are a fuckign liar. You just make posts to try and make yourself look like you know something about football...You make a million predictions and then people laugh at you when you are wrong and you wonder why "no one pays any attention" on the few where you are right. I'll tell you why, because you are a fucking joke. You change your mind, you sway with the wind, you change positions and go back and forth more than I did on your mom last night.

DaneMcCloud
11-24-2010, 03:09 PM
This is completely untrue. I have never said the Chiefs are great, nor have I bashed anyone for saying they aren't. THEY ARENT GREAT. I really don't know where you pull this shit from...

Youre trying to say now that you expected the Chiefs to be doing this well, when that is clearly a lie. Youre trying to say that you expected Cassel to be having this good of a season, and that is a lie. Seriously you are a fuckign liar. You just make posts to try and make yourself look like you know something about football...You make a million predictions and then people laugh at you when you are wrong and you wonder why "no one pays any attention" on the few where you are right. I'll tell you why, because you are a fucking joke. You change your mind, you sway with the wind, you change positions and go back and forth more than I did on your mom last night.

What the fuck are you talking about? Every time you've alleged that I've said something, I've proven otherwise. Even your cherry-picked lines that were taken out of context prove otherwise.

Your reading comprehension is that of a 4 year old. You should work on that.

And my mother is 63 years old. Nice.

Ming the Merciless
11-24-2010, 03:11 PM
What the **** are you talking about? Every time you've alleged that I've said something, I've proven otherwise. Even your cherry-picked lines that were taken out of context prove otherwise.

Simply not true at all. Your idea of 'being right' means that you can predict the Chiefs will be 1-7 and then after their 1st game change your mind and you will still be 'right' in your own mind. You were wrong. Period.

DaneMcCloud
11-24-2010, 03:13 PM
Simply not true at all. Your idea of 'being right' means that you can predict the Chiefs will be 1-7 and then after their 1st game change your mind and you will still be 'right' in your own mind. You were wrong. Period.

Wrong about what? That in August, I thought there was no way they'd be 3-0? Yeah, I was wrong. Big fucking deal.

Why do you care, anyway?

Hootie
11-24-2010, 03:14 PM
Dane is one of the most insecure people I've ever come across...it's ridiculous.

DaneMcCloud
11-24-2010, 03:15 PM
Dane is one of the most insecure people I've ever come across...it's ridiculous.

LMAO

Says the guy that states he doesn't care about rep, then goes on to make threads and posts about getting rep.

I am insecure about NOTHING.

I find it quite interesting that four or five members here revel in pointing out when I'm wrong, as if I fucked their sisters and mother in front of them.

DaneMcCloud
11-24-2010, 03:17 PM

Oh and Rick, don't ever fucking contact me again, asking for help.

You're a disingenuous, drunken piece of shit.

Hootie
11-24-2010, 03:18 PM
Oh and Rick, don't ever ****ing contact me again, asking for help.

You're a disingenuous, drunken piece of shit.

I asked you about L.A. two months ago and never got a response...so don't worry ROFL

Ming the Merciless
11-24-2010, 03:21 PM
I find it quite interesting that four or five members here revel in pointing out when I'm wrong, as if I ****ed their sisters and mother in front of them.

For me I was a new member in April, and you were pretty merciless on me. You sent me a ton of private messages or whatnot and also neg repped me tons of times.

You also have a quote of mine in your sig which implies that you don't feel Matty Has exceeded expectations....I am just REALLY curious how you can say that overall he hasn't exceeded expectations this season (and I don't want to hear how he caused the Oakland loss or how his 3rd down conversion % is so bad that it completely nullifies every other stat, because that is utter BS).

I mean you act surprised when people jump on you, but you're the 1st to attack others and call names, and use your high rep to neg people....It is too funny.

DaneMcCloud
11-24-2010, 03:22 PM
I asked you about L.A. two months ago and never got a response...so don't worry ROFL

You didn't get a response because you're a two-faced prick.

The same reason why Reetard_KC didn't get a response.

I don't know how some of you people can act like total fucking dickheads, yet ask for help or to hang out, etc.

It's baffling.

Ming the Merciless
11-24-2010, 03:23 PM
I don't know how some of you people can act like total ****ing dickheads, yet ask for help or to hang out, etc.
It's baffling.

You know any good strip clubs?

Hootie
11-24-2010, 03:24 PM
uhm I never asked to hang out or would want to hang out

I had never been to L.A. and wanted some input...I promise you I wasn't offended when you didn't respond, nor did I lose any sleep

lololol

my god

Hootie
11-24-2010, 03:25 PM
and my smart phone was a good enough tool for me to find any bars/restaurants or attractions I needed to find...and I had a great time...even saw the Clippers only win of the season (last I checked) thus far!

DaneMcCloud
11-24-2010, 03:27 PM
For me I was a new member in April, and you were pretty merciless on me. You sent me a ton of private messages or whatnot and also neg repped me tons of times.

You also have a quote of mine in your sig which implies that you don't feel Matty Has exceeded expectations....I am just REALLY curious how you can say that overall he hasn't exceeded expectations this season (and I don't want to hear how he caused the Oakland loss or how his 3rd down conversion % is so bad that it completely nullifies every other stat, because that is utter BS).

I mean you act surprised when people jump on you, but you're the 1st to attack others and call names, and use your high rep to neg people....It is too funny.

First off, Pwnmower, I was attacked in this thread. There's another thread where people are discussing why other members have left and it's noted that I'm attacked far more than I attack.

Secondly, you were a n00b. That's what happens to n00bs around here. They're hazed to see if they'll stick around. Most don't. And most of those that do, hardly hold it personal. The same exact thing happened to Boss Chief last year and he was fine with it.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-24-2010, 03:27 PM
Never underestimate the predictably of stupidity. Assuming the Chiefs are even mediocre at this point is a huge leap of faith. They are better than last year, but that doesn't mean there has been an appreciable improvement to the realm of mediocre. The fact is this team is 1-4 on the road. That's not competing. Furthermore, there seems to be a consistent inability to deal with reality. I was not dancing in the streets after our start because anyone could see that the average Cper is a bipolar rapid cycler. When we win we are great when we lose we are an abortion. You are overrating the team and setting yourself up for failure and disappointment. This is still a team that won't be able to compete until we fix the Qb situation. Until then, its just a bunch of people reliving the 90s, thinking the script has somehow changed.

I'm not up in arms bc the writing is on the wall. I couldn't be more dispassionate.

DaneMcCloud
11-24-2010, 03:28 PM
uhm I never asked to hang out or would want to hang out

I had never been to L.A. and wanted some input...I promise you I wasn't offended when you didn't respond, nor did I lose any sleep

lololol

my god

What's amazing to me Hootie, is that you even asked. You've insulted me for years in this forum for doing nothing other than posting my opinions. Yet when you need something, you think it's cool to ask?

You live in a strange world. Hopefully someday, you'll grow up.

Hootie
11-24-2010, 03:32 PM
What's amazing to me Hootie, is that you even asked. You've insulted me for years in this forum for doing nothing other than posting my opinions. Yet when you need something, you think it's cool to ask?

You live in a strange world. Hopefully someday, you'll grow up.

Haha, ok man...

Sorry for asking for opinions on things to do in LA/Hollywood from a dude that makes it quite evident he lives in LA/Hollywood...

and sorry for insulting you...I know how mean it is to just run around and insult people all day long on message boards...it's a good thing you're classy and don't do the same thing.

Hootie
11-24-2010, 03:36 PM
It's good to see Hamas thinks we're just a mediocre squad benefiting because we have an easy schedule!

What do you think about the Jets, Hamas? Who are about 5 bounces away from being 2-8 rather than 8-2?

It's how the NFL works you moron! We could be 9-1 if we had the Jets luck and didn't shit ourselves against Oakland and Houston, and got a bounce or two against Indy...

but you're right...we suck...Pioli sucks...Sanchez is god...Gholston is great...and Bruce Campbell is the reason McFadden is having such a tremendous year!

YOU'RE THE GURU

THE CHIEFS SUCK

WE WANT DECOSTA!

Crush
11-24-2010, 03:37 PM
If it turns out to be Vince McMahon again, I am going to be fucking pissed.

IT WAS ME CHIEFS FANS!!! IT WAS ME ALL ALONG!!!!

ChiefsCountry
11-24-2010, 03:39 PM
I think the identity of this team is pretty set. Its a young ascending team that can play well at home but struggles on the road. Which is the norm in the NFL. We have lots of exciting young players that should grow but we also have some major ass question marks at several positions. If we can get another WR, pass rusher and NT we should be 90's Chiefsish. But the major question is can Cassel step up and make us the 2000s Patriots? So far it looks like we are headed back to the 90s. Lots of wins but not when it matters.

Hootie
11-24-2010, 03:43 PM
up until the Denver game, we had not struggled on the road...we just choked against good teams...didn't help that we got Indy and Houston when we were still finding an identity...

As for the Oakland game...I could've told you they were a matchup nightmare for us after watching them beat San Diego...

They bring RIDICULOUS pressure and blitzes...I had no faith in Matt Cassel in that game...especially in Oakland...

and we've lost two division road games and road games to two pretty good teams (Indy and Houston)...

I think we're ok.

We get a win @Seattle or @St. Louis and we win the West.

Ming the Merciless
11-24-2010, 04:11 PM
Secondly, you were a n00b. That's what happens to n00bs around here. They're hazed to see if they'll stick around. Most don't. And most of those that do, hardly hold it personal. The same exact thing happened to Boss Chief last year and he was fine with it.

I agree I am a noob, and I have said before I am willing to take my lumps. But I can and will dish 'em out too.

As I said in that other thread I love this place and wouldn't want it to be any other way...I guess I just assume everyone else is like me and just talking smack basically....I don't take anything personally in a sense that I would take it seriously.....I get a laugh out of this place, I love it.

Reerun_KC
11-24-2010, 04:20 PM
You didn't get a response because you're a two-faced prick.

The same reason why Reetard_KC didn't get a response.

I don't know how some of you people can act like total ****ing dickheads, yet ask for help or to hang out, etc.

It's baffling.

ROFL dude you live in the past way too much... I love how you continually attack me...

Totally makes my day...

I called you when I was in LA over 2 years ago....

Edit: I did get a response, you gave me your phone number, we talked on the phone about the superbowl and stuff in LA.. I went on into visit my cousin in LA anyway...

Its okay Dane, you can act all tough about it, but at the time, you were gracious and pleasant.

Your such a fraud... Its so laughable...

Reerun_KC
11-24-2010, 04:29 PM
BTW Dane, I hope you and your family have safe travels and a great Thanksgiving season.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-24-2010, 06:58 PM
Houston is 4-6 for a reason. They are the 2004 Chiefs. That's not a good team.

As far as the "luck" argument goes, yes, if we were fortuitous we could have beaten Oakland or Houston. However, we were a timeout, a botched Phil Dawson short FG, and a monsoon away from 3-7, so it goes both ways.

DBOSHO
11-24-2010, 07:35 PM
How the fuck did this turn into the dane bash?

Coogs
11-24-2010, 07:35 PM

54-76.

Green Bay
Chicago
Minnesota
Detroit
New England
NYJ
Miami
Buffalo
Pitt/Baltimore
Jacksonville

Good luck.

Isn't the schedule going to be basically the same for the other three teams in the West?

kcxiv
11-24-2010, 07:46 PM
lol, So, i am reading this thread and like everyone is laughing at dane. I love this kind of shit, keep it up.

Im waiting for my neg rep saying go fuck yourself by Dane!!!! it always happens. I honestly have no idea why this dude posts here or how he even enjoys football. All i see is fucking miserable.

kcxiv
11-24-2010, 07:47 PM
How the **** did this turn into the dane bash?

They all do, because he deserves it every fucking time. All he knows how to say is go fuck yourself. haha

It makes me laugh, i hope he keeps it. I love laughing at him.

Halfcan
11-24-2010, 10:27 PM
Chiefs win it all.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-25-2010, 04:43 AM
Never underestimate the predictably of stupidity. Assuming the Chiefs are even mediocre at this point is a huge leap of faith. They are better than last year, but that doesn't mean there has been an appreciable improvement to the realm of mediocre. The fact is this team is 1-4 on the road. That's not competing. Furthermore, there seems to be a consistent inability to deal with reality. I was not dancing in the streets after our start because anyone could see that the average Cper is a bipolar rapid cycler. When we win we are great when we lose we are an abortion. You are overrating the team and setting yourself up for failure and disappointment. This is still a team that won't be able to compete until we fix the Qb situation. Until then, its just a bunch of people reliving the 90s, thinking the script has somehow changed.

I'm not up in arms bc the writing is on the wall. I couldn't be more dispassionate.

So much butt-hurt cuntery in this thread, I don't even know where to begin the bitch-slapping.
At the risk of being a "hanger-on"( which anyone who has followed this board for the last whatever months with any intellectual honesty would acknowledge that scenario NOT being the case), I will say EXCELLENT POST, AND FUCK THESE WHINY, USELESS CUNTS.

TheGuardian
11-25-2010, 07:05 AM

1-4 on the road. Not competing.

Bull

fucking

Shit.

We beat Cleveland.

We barely lost to Indy. Competing? Yes.

Should have won at Houston. Competing? Yes.

Should have won at Oakland. Competing? Yes.

Got blown out in Denver. Competing? No.

So in 4 of the 5 we were competing. But as any young team, or team learning how to win they will have to learn how to close these games off.

The team has to get better to do that, obviously. And we're going to find out what they REALLY are for the 2010 season over these last 6 games.

If you're dispassionate it's because you're not really a Chiefs fan. These is a team that is growing out of the dark days and if that doesn't make you excited as a fan, then you aren't one. And I've never thought you or the draftubators were.

Hootie
11-25-2010, 07:14 AM
dude...you gotta realize...

Hamas struck out Pioli within a month of him having a job here in KC...

He hates being wrong (as he often is) so this is his way of "saving" face...

He's a ridiculous person.

-King-
11-25-2010, 07:15 AM
So much butt-hurt cuntery in this thread, I don't even know where to begin the bitch-slapping.
At the risk of being a "hanger-on"( which anyone who has followed this board for the last whatever months with any intellectual honesty would acknowledge that scenario NOT being the case), I will say EXCELLENT POST, AND FUCK THESE WHINY, USELESS CUNTS.

WTF? You were one of the people most excited on this forum early in the year. And you're still a hanger on.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
11-25-2010, 07:16 AM
dude...you gotta realize...

Hamas struck out Pioli within a month of him having a job here in KC...

He hates being wrong (as he often is) so this is his way of "saving" face...

He's a ridiculous person.

If only we had Clausen and Gholston; we'd be undefeated right now.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hootie
11-25-2010, 07:17 AM
and Bruce Campbell?!?!

SHIT WE'D COMPETE WITH ANYONE ON THE ROAD!

Pasta Little Brioni
11-25-2010, 08:37 AM
If only we had Clausen and Gholston; we'd be undefeated right now.
Posted via Mobile Device

Add in Mush Cody and Sergury Kindle and we'd have a dynasty team :whackit:

Reerun_KC
11-25-2010, 09:52 AM
So much butt-hurt ****ery in this thread, I don't even know where to begin the bitch-slapping.
At the risk of being a "hanger-on"( which anyone who has followed this board for the last whatever months with any intellectual honesty would acknowledge that scenario NOT being the case), I will say EXCELLENT POST, AND **** THESE WHINY, USELESS ****S.

Your nothing more than a draftabulators lap dog.

The Bad Guy
11-25-2010, 10:02 AM
Butthurt in this thread? People are genuinly happy about being 6-4 and in first place after the last ****ing disaster of the last 3 years and the people happy about this are butthurt?

**** that noise.

I'll enjoy winning because I ****ing hated the numb feeling I had about this team for 3 years on Sundays.

But please, carry on about how flawed we are, about how we could be 3-7, about whatever ****ing thing someone wants to complain about.

Good ****ing christ.

RealSNR
11-25-2010, 10:13 AM
Dane had sex with my mother and then had the nerve to call me up the day after and tell me how she just wasn't that pretty

DaFace
11-25-2010, 10:31 AM
Huh. What happened to make Dane and Hamas go all Debbie Downer again?

Hootie
11-25-2010, 10:34 AM

we're frauds, we only beat up on terrible teams, we can't win on the road, matt cassel is awful and scott pioli is underqualified

DaFace
11-25-2010, 10:37 AM
we're frauds, we only beat up on terrible teams, we can't win on the road, matt cassel is awful and scott pioli is underqualified

Well, I know that. I just don't know what has changed in the past two months that it's all coming back out NOW. Maybe I just haven't clicked into these threads enough to notice.

Marcellus
11-25-2010, 10:39 AM

Now that it is cemented that KC will win 9 or 10 games it's time to start talking about how next year we will suck with a more difficult schedule.

That's what most fans do at this point in the season with 6-4 record and playoff birth on the line, start complaining about next years schedule and making negative predictions for the season.

We crazy homers are talking about this season and stuff. Dumb homers.

Makes sense.

Hootie
11-25-2010, 10:41 AM
Well, I know that. I just don't know what has changed in the past two months that it's all coming back out NOW. Maybe I just haven't clicked into these threads enough to notice.

well after a rough start to the season with his predictions Dane just wants everyone to know we are WHO HE THOUGHT WE WERE!

Hootie
11-25-2010, 10:42 AM
and he doesn't want to let us off the hook

Reerun_KC
11-25-2010, 10:44 AM

They actually never have changed... They are bent that Pioli and Co are building this team the way they want and not the way Dane and Hamas feel it should be built....

Just like hanging on to the 2009 draft almost 2 years later...

Marcellus
11-25-2010, 10:46 AM

It has literally come down to this, and you can save this post and see if I am wrong.

At the end of the season if:

1.Chiefs make the playoffs and lose- it's because we had a weak schedule and were never a good team, and losing a PO games proves we are getting nowhere and next year we won't have a chance of sniffing the PO.

2. Chiefs miss the playoffs- with this weak ass schedule that never should have happened I told you fools when were 3-0 that we sucked and nobody would listen. We are REALLY screwed net year.

Either way we weren't very good and are totally screwed next year. Told you so.

Hootie
11-25-2010, 10:47 AM
BOY I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE OFFSEASON!

Hootie
11-25-2010, 10:48 AM
what!?!??!

WHAT?!

THAT OLD GUY SUCKS! DAMNIT PIOLI WE COULDA TRADED A 5TH FOR HOLMES! BUT WE DIDN'T...HUGE BLUNDER! NEVERMIND ONLY 1 OF THE OTHER 32 TEAMS TRADED FOR THAT GUY! PIOLI YOU SUCK!!

What!?!?!??! We didn't take Mario Lopez with our 159th overall pick!??! Are you kidding! We took Screech over Lopez in the 5th round! JFC! That's strike 19,921!

DaFace
11-25-2010, 10:49 AM
They actually never have changed... They are bent that Pioli and Co are building this team the way they want and not the way Dane and Hamas feel it should be built....

Just like hanging on to the 2009 draft almost 2 years later...

Fair enough. I just hadn't noticed giant threads full of bitching back and forth lately, so I thought they'd cheered up a bit. Like I said, it's entirely possible I'm just not very observant.

Hootie
11-25-2010, 10:52 AM
If Dane had it his way he'd have an annual "I'm right" parade where everyone carries him around and pats him on the back and tells him how right he was, and how handsome he is, and how great he is, and how much money he has, and how nice the foundation of his house is holding up, and how funny he is...we should probably add that to the CP calendar...

I'm thinking October 10th should be Dane Day where every active member has to show their appreciation for Dane and his amazingly accurate predictions and overall guru abilities.

Hootie
11-25-2010, 10:56 AM
added to the calendar

DaFace
11-25-2010, 10:56 AM
If Dane had it his way he'd have an annual "I'm right" parade where everyone carries him around and pats him on the back and tells him how right he was, and how handsome he is, and how great he is, and how much money he has, and how nice the foundation of his house is holding up, and how funny he is...we should probably add that to the CP calendar...

I'm thinking October 10th should be Dane Day where every active member has to show their appreciation for Dane and his amazingly accurate predictions and overall guru abilities.

For the record, I personally find your (and others') constant retaliation against Dane to be every bit as obnoxious as Dane himself. Even when he was being pretty positive a month or so ago, he couldn't get a word in without someone bitching at him. I can understand why he ends up pretty negative after having to defend even the most neutral of positions all the time.

Hootie
11-25-2010, 10:58 AM
For the record, I personally find your constant retaliation against Dane to be every bit as obnoxious as Dane himself. Even when he was being pretty positive a month or so ago, he couldn't get a word in without someone bitching at him. I can understand why he ends up pretty negative after having to defend even the most neutral of positions all the time.

Meh.

That's what happens when you ruin an entire offseason with ridiculousness...

they won't live it down and I have no problem being the obnoxious one to make sure those assholes won't live it down

didn't even give Pioli a month before they wanted to tear him down and tell everyone how dumb we were for believing in the executive of the decade...

sorry...until we get an apology from both of them I'm not letting it go...

same goes with the troll mecca who never comes around anymore (maybe he got grounded and lost internet for a month as punishment?) and OTWP

Marcellus
11-25-2010, 11:02 AM
For the record, I personally find your (and others') constant retaliation against Dane to be every bit as obnoxious as Dane himself. Even when he was being pretty positive a month or so ago, he couldn't get a word in without someone bitching at him. I can understand why he ends up pretty negative after having to defend even the most neutral of positions all the time.

You are correct in all of this, all I would add is that you reap what you sow.

It's not like people just one day decided to pile on Dane for fun. He has jumped in many a persons shit for having a "neutral" opinion.

Reerun_KC
11-25-2010, 11:05 AM

It's not like people just one day decided to pile on Dane for fun. He has jumped in many a persons shit for having a "neutral" opinion.

Or no opinion at all.. Then goes into a child like tirade because you wont take his opinion as fact...

Its a process with these guys....

DaFace
11-25-2010, 11:09 AM

I guess it's just a question of what your desired outcome is in the situation. They obviously have a more "prove it" attitude toward the team (and there's really nothing wrong with having a differing opinion), and that's not going to change. You're NOT going to get an apology for anything.

So what are you wanting to accomplish?

If you just want revenge and to be able to point and laugh when they're wrong, then the constant bickering is the right path. Of course, there's also the possibility that YOU are wrong, and that you'll be the point and laugh-ee.

But if you're wanting to have more meaningful conversations around here (my preference), then moving from arguing to debating is a better option.

Yes, I know, you can only influence a part of the issue, but you know...that whole "if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem" thing.

Just my two cents. Time to go eat turkey. Peace out.

(And if it's not obvious, "you" is meant to be a very general term in this post. To those more in the mindset of Dane and Hamas, just add "vice versa" to all of the above.)

Pasta Little Brioni
11-25-2010, 11:10 AM
I find it really hard to believe that someone can't enjoy this season after winning only 10 games in a 3 year span. Really?? The team got beat down by fellow bottom feeders and embarrased at home on a weekly basis. Now, they are winning those games as the young guys develop. It isn't out of the realm that they continue getting better with more experience next year and can compete with better quality opponents.They've got a really young core and a developing team. It's not like the past where they've been a vet team and 8-8 really was purgatory.

Sully
11-25-2010, 11:16 AM
No one EVER knows whats going to happen. People can only predict. In march 2010 you predicted that the 2010 Chiefs wouldn't be better than they were in 2009

If you're basing that off what you quoted, that wasn't a prediction.

Sully
11-25-2010, 11:25 AM
The fact is this team is 1-4 on the road. That's not competing.
not winning is nowhere near the same as not competing. You know this.

Hootie
11-25-2010, 11:28 AM
not winning is nowhere near the same as not competing. You know this.

dude you're talking about the guy who took Clausen over Bradford in the mock draft...

Bradford only looks like the best QB prospect to be drafted since Peyton freaking Manning...

Sully
11-25-2010, 11:32 AM
I have no problem being the obnoxious one

couldn't you have condensed it down to this?

milkman
11-25-2010, 11:39 AM

You know, for years, on the old Star board, and on this forum, I never called anyone names.

I used to discuss and debate with a reasonable expectation that even if we couldn't agree, we could debate with respect and intelligence.

But over the years, there came an element of dumbassery that resorted to name calling when they couldn't competently debate their side of an argument.

I responded in kind, and have become far more surly in time.

But the fact is, it was "true fan" that, at least in my case, that started us down this road of namecalling.

And given the history if this place, I have ot assume that it is the same for others.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-25-2010, 12:23 PM
WTF? You were one of the people most excited on this forum early in the year. And you're still a hanger on.
Posted via Mobile Device

Huh? Do you even pay attention to me? Not hurt if you don't.

Your nothing more than a draftabulators lap dog.

I will fuck your taunting guts with an Iggy Pop-brand screwdriver, bitch.

milkman
11-25-2010, 12:32 PM
It has literally come down to this, and you can save this post and see if I am wrong.

At the end of the season if:

1.Chiefs make the playoffs and lose- it's because we had a weak schedule and were never a good team, and losing a PO games proves we are getting nowhere and next year we won't have a chance of sniffing the PO.

2. Chiefs miss the playoffs- with this weak ass schedule that never should have happened I told you fools when were 3-0 that we sucked and nobody would listen. We are REALLY screwed net year.

Either way we weren't very good and are totally screwed next year. Told you so.

FTR, I was pissed at Pioli's '09 draft and offseason moves, and wasn't thrilled with his '10 draft.

I still have questions about the long term durability of both McCluster and Moeaki, but both have been contributors to this season's relative success, as have Arenas and Lewis, so I can't complain overly much about those decisions at this point.

I also think that a good offseason, including the draft, can lead to this team remaining competitive and improving going into next season.

Rausch
11-25-2010, 12:34 PM
dude you're talking about the guy who took Clausen over Bradford in the mock draft...

THIS is the evidence you use to point out a dumbass?...

Marcellus
11-25-2010, 12:40 PM
FTR, I was pissed at Pioli's '09 draft and offseason moves, and wasn't thrilled with his '10 draft.

I still have questions about the long term durability of both McCluster and Moeaki, but both have been contributors to this season's relative success, as have Arenas and Lewis, so I can't complain overly much about those decisions at this point.

I also think that a good offseason, including the draft, can lead to this team remaining competitive and improving going into next season.

I think without doubt this team is heading the right direction. That is what everyone says they wanted before the season started.

I am not going to change my expectations of what I think a successful season is because we are winning more games out the gate than I thought.

That being said I expect the team to win 10 games at this point, 9 at a minimum. That means playing meaningful football the entire season. That is a nice change.

If we don't win 10 games I will not see this season as a failure. The only way that happens is if we completely fold down the stretch.

milkman
11-25-2010, 12:45 PM
I think without doubt this team is heading the right direction. That is what everyone says they wanted before the season started.

I am not going to change my expectations of what I think a successful season is because we are winning more games out the gate than I thought.

That being said I expect the team to win 10 games at this point, 9 at a minimum. That means playing meaningful football the entire season. That is a nice change.

If we don't win 10 games I will not see this season as a failure. The only way that happens is if we completely fold down the stretch.

I came into the season expecting a 5 win season, so this season has already exceeded my expectations and is a succes in my eyes.

I see this Seatle game as pivotal in the Chiefs playoff hopes, but should they lose and fail to eventually make the playoffs, it's still all good.

It's a much improved team, and I can simply enjoy that fact.

TheGuardian
11-25-2010, 12:52 PM
I came into the season expecting a 5 win season, so this season has already exceeded my expectations and is a succes in my eyes.

I see this Seatle game as pivotal in the Chiefs playoff hopes, but should they lose and fail to eventually make the playoffs, it's still all good.

This times eleventy billion.

This is why guys like Hamas are douchess. Dispassionate? Makes no fucking sense. 10 wins in the previous 3 seasons and some people are still bitching?

It doesn't mean you have to be a homer, but for the love of God I at LEAST look forward to the game again. It's like nothing is ever good enough. These same assholes keep making fun of Haley for calling it a "process" but that's exactly what it is. You don't turn around teams in 1 season, and the teams that HAVE done that from time to time, don't LAST. Period! So no, it doesn't work that way.

Shit man, you'd think serving a sirloin to a guy that had been eating out of the garbage can would be thankful. Apparently some of em still bitch and complain like whores.

Ming the Merciless
11-25-2010, 01:05 PM
If you're basing that off what you quoted, that wasn't a prediction.

If you want to play semantic games, fine. Then it was a misreading / misinterpretation / failure to properly evaluate / premature judgment.

Its funny how some people think they can make statements like that for months before the season, bash Pioli, Bash Haley and Bash Cassel and then somehow change their mind after a game or two and still believe that they were correct...(Even later in some cases)

Haley, Pioli and YES Mark castle are all doing a fine job as of now. Anyone who thought otherwise...Anyone who claimed they would perform badly was just plain wrong....No matter how you slice it.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-25-2010, 01:26 PM
This times eleventy billion.

This is why guys like Hamas are douchess. Dispassionate? Makes no fucking sense. 10 wins in the previous 3 seasons and some people are still bitching?

It doesn't mean you have to be a homer, but for the love of God I at LEAST look forward to the game again. It's like nothing is ever good enough. These same assholes keep making fun of Haley for calling it a "process" but that's exactly what it is. You don't turn around teams in 1 season, and the teams that HAVE done that from time to time, don't LAST. Period! So no, it doesn't work that way.

Shit man, you'd think serving a sirloin to a guy that had been eating out of the garbage can would be thankful. Apparently some of em still bitch and complain like whores.

Holy Mother of Fuck son, you just crafted a post that I can support without reservation. Jesus H. Christ; are you FINALLY arriving? If so, I have the first true Thanksgiving Blessing in years.

Now patronizing aside, I'll drop the pretense and lay it out for you:
I love this team because it flows through my veins. It's not just history, it's a part of MY personal history. It's a link to my Home. And I defend it everywhere I go. I fly my colors in the NFC West and I'll fly them ANYWHERE, anytime, WITHOUT reservation. I am a Chiefs Motherfucker to the Nth Degree and beyond. Period.
I don't hate my team. That said, the process has been a long and innovative one that started with our Founder. I can not help but feel that for all the work that man did to bring this all about, to CREATE what we know as the modern-day NFL; we have come up short.
And I'm fucking sick of it.
It's not so much impatience as it is a desire to just form up old-school gang-style and go to War. Baseball bats and Chains. No prisoners, and absolutely no mercy.
Make the Raiders cry like little girls? Let's do it.
Beat the Broncos within a breath of their miserable lives?
Can I be the first in line? Please?

Don't get upset because I expect greatness. It's not personal or board-related, it's just a long-overdue dominance in the name of this team that I wait for.
And expect.
And you should too.

chiefzilla1501
11-25-2010, 02:02 PM

Hamas, I know you're better than this. Mediocrity is a huge leap of faith? The homers will believe that this team is a strong playoff contender. But the majority of us believe this is an improving team. Regardless of schedule, bad teams lose a lot of games to teams they should beat. Bad teams lose in blowouts frequently. The Chiefs have competed in every game but one, have won a few games in very convincing fashion, and are a few stupid mistakes away from being an 8-2 team. This team isn't great, but your claim that this team isn't at least mediocre couldn't be more exaggerated.

Reerun_KC
11-25-2010, 03:41 PM
Huh? Do you even pay attention to me? Not hurt if you don't.

I will **** your taunting guts with an Iggy Pop-brand screwdriver, bitch.

ROR the Draftabulators Lap Dog.
http://www.pupout.com/TLT-LapDog.gif

milkman
11-25-2010, 03:44 PM
I don't even know what the hell you were surfing for when you found that pic, you sick bastard.

Reerun_KC
11-25-2010, 03:45 PM
I don't even know what the hell you were surfing for when you found that pic, you sick bastard.

:LOL:

Christmas shopping..... :harumph:

Pablo
11-25-2010, 04:21 PM
This thread brings the epic lulz.

Especially Hootie; the dude is becoming one of my favorite posters.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-25-2010, 04:48 PM
ROR the Draftabulators Lap Dog.
http://www.pupout.com/TLT-LapDog.gif

Your Sig says all.

Reerun_KC
11-25-2010, 05:44 PM
Your Sig says all.

Pretty much... Sums it up in one short sentence...

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-25-2010, 05:58 PM
Pretty much... Sums it up in one short sentence...

"I'm Objective"(!), it says!

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-25-2010, 05:58 PM
Hamas, I know you're better than this. Mediocrity is a huge leap of faith? The homers will believe that this team is a strong playoff contender. But the majority of us believe this is an improving team. Regardless of schedule, bad teams lose a lot of games to teams they should beat. Bad teams lose in blowouts frequently. The Chiefs have competed in every game but one, have won a few games in very convincing fashion, and are a few stupid mistakes away from being an 8-2 team. This team isn't great, but your claim that this team isn't at least mediocre couldn't be more exaggerated.

Zilla, you can be better than a bad team and not be mediocre either. It's called nuance.

Retardian, dispassionate means that I'm not getting up in arms over things. It doesn't mean I'm disinterested. It's too bad that the alphabet soup of steroids you jam in your ass can't give you enough sense to also inject some understanding of the language.

Hootie, I've crushed your specious claim about my drafting errors about twenty times. Repeating bullshit doesn't make it true, just like slinging pizza doesn't make you a chef, and refilling Mountain Dew doesn't make you an expert on the restaurant industry. Where are all "your Sanchez is a bust" posts now?

Reerun, I'm really glad we put all of that faith in Pioli's decision since Jan 2009. God knows we were definitely wrong about everything in that offseason.

[Kindly awaiting a breathy response with eight straight posts from Hootie]

Reerun_KC
11-25-2010, 06:06 PM
Reerun, I'm really glad we put all of that faith in Pioli's decision since Jan 2009. God knows we were definitely wrong about everything in that offseason.

And we defintely went wrong with several of Herms, DV, Martys.. Many of times during Carls tenure... Big Deal... It happens to 32 GMs in the NFL from time to time...

Can you name me one GM that nails probowlers in EVERY draft and round every year?

But to harp on one year as if its the end of the franchise is quite silly... Carl got 20 years to fuck this franchise, I am pretty sure Pioli will be here long after you change to another team..

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-25-2010, 06:11 PM
And we defintely went wrong with several of Herms, DV, Martys.. Many of times during Carls tenure... Big Deal... It happens to 32 GMs in the NFL from time to time...

Can you name me one GM that nails probowlers in EVERY draft and round every year?

But to harp on one year as if its the end of the franchise is quite silly... Carl got 20 years to fuck this franchise, I am pretty sure Pioli will be here long after you change to another team..

That's a false dichotomy. Getting every pick right is not required. Getting every pick, save for the last, wrong, is a standard of failure that is hard to surpass.

It doesn't surprise me that you needed to resort to something so spurious and stupid, though.

stevieray
11-25-2010, 06:50 PM
oh geez are we having the 50th annual dane attacks posters on a daily basis, then other posters get called out for attacking poor wittle Dane?

IIRC, is this thread where Dane plays his VIP, BS cool kids others are (leaving)following suit because of "morons", and if you were "in the know", you'd know who? LOL at Daface being a biased assed MF...again.

on the converse, the constant negativity and pessimism has driven off as many good posters, if not more.

Seriously...sit around for another offseason while the same people saying the same negative shit everyday?

Don't think so.

Reerun_KC
11-25-2010, 06:52 PM
That's a false dichotomy. Getting every pick right is not required. Getting every pick, save for the last, wrong, is a standard of failure that is hard to surpass.

It doesn't surprise me that you needed to resort to something so spurious and stupid, though.

No problem Hamas... We enjoy the Chiefs doing better than expected... If they keep getting better you will keep getting madder at Pioli..

Its a win win for all of us.

RealSNR
11-25-2010, 07:16 PM
oh geez are we having the 50th annual dane attacks posters on a daily basis, then other posters get called out for attacking poor wittle Dane?

IIRC, is this thread where Dane plays his VIP, BS cool kids others are (leaving)following suit because of "morons", and if you were "in the know", you'd know who? LOL at Daface being a biased assed MF...again.

on the converse, the constant negativity and pessimism has driven off as many good posters, if not more.

Seriously...sit around for another offseason while the same people saying the same negative shit everyday?

Don't think so.10 wins in 3 seasons will do that to a fanbase. Hell, this place was Harry Hotcake's Happy Whore House of Hilarious Happy Hijinks during the Vermeil years compared to what the "rebuild" years were.

The franchise is still climbing out of that shithole. We're not clear yet. A lot of bad stuff can still happen to us before this team turns into "contender" status. Lots of unanswered questions, still.

In the meantime, when your new GM makes so many god awful shit suck decisions in his first couple of months on the job, you tend to have a negative opinion. People like Hootie going "BWAAAAAAAHHH! THE DRAFTURBATORS WERE WRONG AND THIS TEAM IS ACTUALLY WINNING GAMES!" don't know what they fuck they're talking about. Hardly one person could come up with a good logical reason why this team would win more than 9 games this year. Those that did just churned out dried diarrhea chunks like, "I just got a feeling" or "Look at that schedule! We're SOOOOO much better than all those teams"

Also, what the fuck did DaFace do to you to turn you into such a sourpuss curmudgeon old stinkmeaner?

The Bad Guy
11-25-2010, 07:59 PM

Great post.

I'm 100% in agreement.

stevieray
11-25-2010, 08:46 PM
10 wins in 3 seasons will do that to a fanbase. Hell, this place was Harry Hotcake's Happy Whore House of Hilarious Happy Hijinks during the Vermeil years compared to what the "rebuild" years were.

The franchise is still climbing out of that shithole. We're not clear yet. A lot of bad stuff can still happen to us before this team turns into "contender" status. Lots of unanswered questions, still.

In the meantime, when your new GM makes so many god awful shit suck decisions in his first couple of months on the job, you tend to have a negative opinion. People like Hootie going "BWAAAAAAAHHH! THE DRAFTURBATORS WERE WRONG AND THIS TEAM IS ACTUALLY WINNING GAMES!" don't know what they **** they're talking about. Hardly one person could come up with a good logical reason why this team would win more than 9 games this year. Those that did just churned out dried diarrhea chunks like, "I just got a feeling" or "Look at that schedule! We're SOOOOO much better than all those teams"

Also, what the **** did DaFace do to you to turn you into such a sourpuss curmudgeon old stinkmeaner?

make no mistake, it takes two to tango. both sides are guilty.

It would be cool for the board to finally shift gears from the last twenty years ending in the culmination of Herm, and realize that the next twenty are going to be different. This franchise was in a COMPLETE RUT, and I understand the frustration that creates. but it IS different, and will continue to be, regardless of those who think otherwise.

I was eight when they won IV. Like many others, I've been waiting FORTY years. forty years dude! I got married a few months before they won their last playoff game. We celebrate eighteen years on 12/5. I actually have hope for the first time in a long time.

you know why? and why I think it's different?

Because Clark gives a shit. Lamar was so much bigger than just the Lombardi, and with failing health, family came first, followed by a sometimes a too trusting loyalty to those he hired..Clark has asembled great staff two years in. Foundations are being laid. Time to build walls, instead of everyone taking advantage of everyone else, at the fans expense. Clark isn't going to be a lame duck owner, and tarnish his his or his father's name.

Because Pioli gives a shit. You honestly think that he left a dynasty to sqaunder it all away in flyover podunk, USA? He doesn't have something to prove? To Clark? to KC? to himself? Need proof? read whitlock's crying from his hire on...Pioli cut out the ferocious clown show that had permeated the King Carl era....it was poser central...it was spending the company dime and puffing around like the job had been done, when in fact, it never really got more than half done, with little balance, with any HC. Pioli is gonna have hits and misses. I know the new scouts did much better this last draft, rather, than the former with the previous scouts. TWo years in. can't complain. we are progressing.

Because Haley gives a shit. Marty gave a shit, but played not to lose. FAIL. DV hired the enemy for our defense.. FAIL. Herm had a great eye for talent, but that was about it. nice guy. finish last. Haley got picked apart in his first year...too emotional losing control of the team yaydayada..

now? people love him, no? ...because he's nice? or is it because he's put a boot in the ass of the players, and the team is responding? his proof is in the pudding. he's already doubled his wins, leading the division ten games in, and doesn't think we're that good...and we're not.. but we play hard, and we've been in or leading almost all games, sans Denver. We make the playoffs or not, to ignore what has been done in a short time is just robbing yourself of some joy of the journey, instead of wondering aloud "are we there yet" every two minutes.

rant off/

DaFace
11-25-2010, 08:57 PM
Also, what the fuck did DaFace do to you to turn you into such a sourpuss curmudgeon old stinkmeaner?

Hey...how did I get dragged into this?

BossChief
11-25-2010, 08:57 PM

If the 2009 offseason was an F, the 2010 offseason should be graded as a A.

It should have most certainly bought him the benefit of the doubt for future ones as much as the 2009 one bought him a whole boatload of "this guy is gonna have to earn our trust back"

Jones
Weigman
Lilja
Moeaki
Berry
DMC
Arenas
Asamoah
Lewis
Tucker
Romeo
Weis

If we have one more offseason as good as that one, we will be well on our way to being one of the elite teams in the NFL.

Marcellus
11-25-2010, 09:32 PM
make no mistake, it takes two to tango. both sides are guilty.

It would be cool for the board to finally shift gears from the last twenty years ending in the culmination of Herm, and realize that the next twenty are going to be different. This franchise was in a COMPLETE RUT, and I understand the frustration that creates. but it IS different, and will continue to be, regardless of those who think otherwise.

I was eight when they won IV. Like many others, I've been waiting FORTY years. forty years dude! I got married a few months before they won their last playoff game. We celebrate eighteen years on 12/5. I actually have hope for the first time in a long time.

you know why? and why I think it's different?

Because Clark gives a shit. Lamar was so much bigger than just the Lombardi, and with failing health, family came first, followed by a sometimes a too trusting loyalty to those he hired..Clark has asembled great staff two years in. Foundations are being laid. Time to build walls, instead of everyone taking advantage of everyone else, at the fans expense. Clark isn't going to be a lame duck owner, and tarnish his his or his father's name.

Because Pioli gives a shit. You honestly think that he left a dynasty to sqaunder it all away in flyover podunk, USA? He doesn't have something to prove? To Clark? to KC? to himself? Need proof? read whitlock's crying from his hire on...Pioli cut out the ferocious clown show that had permeated the King Carl era....it was poser central...it was spending the company dime and puffing around like the job had been done, when in fact, it never really got more than half done, with little balance, with any HC. Pioli is gonna have hits and misses. I know the new scouts did much better this last draft, rather, than the former with the previous scouts. TWo years in. can't complain. we are progressing.

Because Haley gives a shit. Marty gave a shit, but played not to lose. FAIL. DV hired the enemy for our defense.. FAIL. Herm had a great eye for talent, but that was about it. nice guy. finish last. Haley got picked apart in his first year...too emotional losing control of the team yaydayada..

now? people love him, no? ...because he's nice? or is it because he's put a boot in the ass of the players, and the team is responding? his proof is in the pudding. he's already doubled his wins, leading the division ten games in, and doesn't think we're that good...and we're not.. but we play hard, and we've been in or leading almost all games, sans Denver. We make the playoffs or not, to ignore what has been done in a short time is just robbing yourself of some joy of the journey, instead of wondering aloud "are we there yet" every two minutes.

rant off/

This.

We are 10 games into season 2 with better success than expected and people are still bitching about the 2009 draft like it happened yesterday.

Yes it sucked. Move on and open your eyes to what has gone on in the last 10 months or so.

RealSNR
11-25-2010, 09:52 PM
This.

We are 10 games into season 2 with better success than expected and people are still bitching about the 2009 draft like it happened yesterday.

Yes it sucked. Move on and open your eyes to what has gone on in the last 10 months or so.We've all moved on. It gets brought up constantly because it's inexcusable to set your franchise back an entire year like that, especially when you're at the beginning of the process in laying the foundation for a great team.

It's like you're building a sky scraper from the bottom up and you by accident install aluminum supports on floor 3. You're going to have to eventually replace it with steel, and that costs money and a shitload of time.

You hire executive of the decade. Great! I can't wait! Change this team can believe in! And then he pulls off an abortion of a draft not two months into his work. It causes people to ask, "WTF happened?" and maybe just MAYBE we should question his competency if that's all he gave us.

stevieray
11-25-2010, 09:54 PM
We've all moved on. It gets brought up constantly

:spock::doh!:

ChiefsCountry
11-25-2010, 10:02 PM
One of the concerns I have is say we do go 10-6 and win the division. In 2011, do we build on that or do we fall back? I want to keep this thing a rolling and not be a 1986 or 2006 season all over again.

Pablo
11-25-2010, 10:05 PM
One of the concerns I have is say we do go 10-6 and win the division. In 2011, do we build on that or do we fall back? I want to keep this thing a rolling and not be a 1986 or 2006 season all over again.Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's something we're all concerned with.

However, I'm not about to worry about that right fucking now. I'm going to enjoy the playoff hunt and the excitement of watching young players develop each week. We have the whole off season to fret and cry about coulda, woulda, shoulda regarding draft picks and personnel moves.

Marcellus
11-25-2010, 10:07 PM
One of the concerns I have is say we do go 10-6 and win the division. In 2011, do we build on that or do we fall back? I want to keep this thing a rolling and not be a 1986 or 2006 season all over again.

What reason do you have to believe we go backwards?

And why the hell do people want to worry about 2011 while we are in a playoff hunt RIGHT NOW? Worry about that after the season.

This is proof some of the posters on this board have screwed people's heads up.

Take a breath, relax and Enjoy It.

RealSNR
11-25-2010, 10:08 PM
:spock::doh!:Made-up conversation:

Me: I still don't fully trust Pioli

You: Why not?

Me: Well.... there was this draft in 2009...

I guess it would have been better to say, "I've moved on emotionally."

BigMeatballDave
11-25-2010, 10:09 PM
One of the concerns I have is say we do go 10-6 and win the division. In 2011, do we build on that or do we fall back? I want to keep this thing a rolling and not be a 1986 or 2006 season all over again.It may be a concern. However that is next season, which has nothing to do with this season.

Lets see how this season goes. Not to mention free agency, draft and the fact that their may not be a 2011 season(I believe they will play next season).

DaFace
11-25-2010, 10:11 PM
At this point, I think we should just play for the draft pick.

stevieray
11-25-2010, 10:11 PM
Made-up conversation:

made up conversation;

me: we good?
you: you bet, it's okie dokie you ate my last twinkie.
me: cool!
you:still can't believe you did that! pisses me off.

Reerun_KC
11-25-2010, 10:12 PM
Made-up conversation:

Whether you "trust" Pioli or not, isnt going to change anything regarding the past or the future of the Chiefs...

milkman
11-25-2010, 10:13 PM

And why the hell do people want to worry about 2011 while we are in a playoff hunt RIGHT NOW? Worry about that after the season.

I think the thing is, we want to see a team that can compete for, and win, multiple SBs, so we are emotionally invested not only in the presesnt, but in the future, as well.

This is why I concern myself with the long term durability of McCluster and Moeaki.

These drafts are supposed to be the foundation.

If the foundation cracks, then what?

Marcellus
11-25-2010, 10:14 PM
It may be a concern. However that is next season, which has nothing to do with this season.

Lets see how this season goes. Not to mention free agency, draft and the fact that their may not be a 2011 season(I believe they will play next season).

Let's say you (whoever) are tied in knots over next season. The only reason you think this team goes straight backwards next year is if you think the improvement is a total fluke and has nothing to do with personnel and coaching decisions made this year and you don't believe the culture they are looking to build it taking hold.

Basically you are giving zero credit to what they have done so far.

BossChief
11-25-2010, 10:16 PM
As I said before, the 2010 offseason (as a whole) has surely given Pioli the benefit of the doubt that he knows what he is doing as far as finding parts that fit what we need.

The promising thing is that our most pressing needs as they sit right now are:

WR - Haley is probably the best in the business in this area, specifically.
NT - Romeo Crennel is probably the best in the business in this area specifically.
OLB - it will be interesting to see how the future of this position plays out. I still maintain Studebaker can fill our need here and has been Vrabels (the prototype of what these guys want form the position for this defense) understudy for what will be two years after another 6 games.

Reerun_KC
11-25-2010, 10:18 PM
I think the thing is, we want to see a team that can compete for, and win, multiple SBs, so we are emotionally invested not only in the presesnt, but in the future, as well.

This is why I concern myself with the long term durability of McCluster and Moeaki.

You repair it the offseason and draft.....

Shit the foundation was nothing more than quicksand for 4 years before Pioli got here...

Rome wasnt built in a day... It has been worse here in KC than what Pioli and Co are building...

Marcellus
11-25-2010, 10:18 PM

There is a difference in worrying about McCluster or Moeaki's long term health and saying we are going to have no chance next year with a tougher schedule.

I am seeing things that make me believe we draft more foundation pieces in 2011 and that we can be long term successful.

I am more concerned about the lock out and resigning our own guys coming due than Moeaki or McCluster.

But I am not worrying about that right now.

milkman
11-25-2010, 10:22 PM
You repair it the offseason and draft.....

Shit the foundation was nothing more than quicksand for 4 years before Pioli got here...

Rome wasnt built in a day... It has been worse here in KC than what Pioli and Co are building...

That's the point.

You are drafting the foundation now.

If you have to repair it two years from now, then you have to delay repairing the parts that you had to ignore while building the foundation.

BigMeatballDave
11-25-2010, 10:24 PM
There is a difference in worrying about McCluster or Moeaki's long term health and saying we are going to have no chance next year with a tougher schedule.

I am seeing things that make me believe we draft more foundation pieces in 2011 and that we can be long term successful.

I am more concerned about the lock out and resigning our own guys coming due than Moeaki or McCluster.

But I am not worrying about that right now.I'm not worried about the Lockout. Most players have already voted to decertify. Something will get done or they will play under the expired CBA.

ChiefsCountry
11-25-2010, 10:25 PM

First of all I believe in always to make sure the present and the future are taking care of. For all my major decsions and even alot of the minor ones. I want to make the decision that makes the most sense for right now and the future. Same with the Chiefs. I don't want to win right now only to fuck us up the next season or for many more. Thats what Vermeil did. I want them to build this son of bitch so we kick ass for the next decade. We have enough holes and warts that could come back and bite us in the ass. I'm enjoying the ride right now but I'm looking down the horizon as well.

Reerun_KC
11-25-2010, 10:26 PM
That's the point.

If you have to repair it two years from now, then you have to delay repairing the parts that you had to ignore while building the foundation.

Free agency has changed that mind set in todays NFL... You can build a foundation several different ways...

2009 sucked but its not the end of the franchise nor will it define this GM over the course of his tenure... It might by the haters, but in reality, nobody will care in 2-3 years if the Chiefs are contending for playoff spots and championships...

But its the only thing people can whine about at this moment.. So we will have to endure it for the time being...

Hootie
11-25-2010, 10:27 PM
seriously

did mecca get grounded for a month or what?

Marcellus
11-25-2010, 10:29 PM
seriously

You forget, we won this week. He was around last week after the Denver blowout.

Reerun_KC
11-25-2010, 10:30 PM
seriously

Over all, OTWP and Mecca had it pushed back in pretty hard lately... Probably good for their mental well being to take a vacation and let it settle down a bit...

the fought hard against anything and everything Chiefs for a whole offseason, it was a valiant effort to say the least.

milkman
11-25-2010, 10:33 PM
Free agency has changed that mind set in todays NFL... You can build a foundation several different ways...

2009 sucked but its not the end of the franchise nor will it define this GM over the course of his tenure... It might by the haters, but in reality, nobody will care in 2-3 years if the Chiefs are contending for playoff spots and championships...

But its the only thing people can whine about at this moment.. So we will have to endure it for the time being...

I believe you build the foundation through the draft.

Free agency is a tool for quick repairs.

Ming the Merciless
11-25-2010, 10:33 PM
I'm not worried about the Lockout. Most players have already voted to decertify. Something will get done or they will play under the expired CBA.

They can't play if the owners lock them out. Decertifying does not prevent this I do not believe. Hope you are more correct than me though.

Reerun_KC
11-25-2010, 10:35 PM
I believe you build the foundation through the draft.

Free agency is a tool for quick repairs.
I dont disagree either... but you can get some solid pieces out of the FA/waiver...

Kind of like the colts picking up Lilja in his prime... Just one example...

ChiefsCountry
11-25-2010, 10:36 PM
I dont disagree either... but you can get some solid pieces out of the FA/waiver...

Kind of like the colts picking up Lilja in his prime... Just one example...

They picked Lilja up as a rookie free agent off our waviers.

Marcellus
11-25-2010, 10:37 PM
They can't play if the owners lock them out. Decertifying does not prevent this I do not believe. Hope you are more correct than me though.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/12/sports/football/12nfl.html

If the union decertifies, it will lose the ability to collectively bargain with owners. But decertification is appealing to the union because it would allow the players to sue the N.F.L. under antitrust laws if owners lock them out. The union leadership has said for months that it expects owners to lock out players when the labor deal expires. But Smith has also said that he considers decertification only one option.

The N.F.L. could also challenge decertification in court.

The union decertified in 1989 and re-formed again in 1993.

Reerun_KC
11-25-2010, 10:38 PM
They picked Lilja up as a rookie free agent off our waviers.

Your right, I shouldnt of used the word "prime", But you get the point...

Ming the Merciless
11-25-2010, 10:41 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/12/sports/football/12nfl.html

If the union decertifies, it will lose the ability to collectively bargain with owners. But decertification is appealing to the union because it would allow the players to sue the N.F.L. under antitrust laws if owners lock them out. The union leadership has said for months that it expects owners to lock out players when the labor deal expires. But Smith has also said that he considers decertification only one option.

The N.F.L. could also challenge decertification in court.

The union decertified in 1989 and re-formed again in 1993.

Right, but as I said it will not stop a lock out. I think people THINK it will because of the threat of lawsuits.....but that is a big assumption. It seems like the owners are ready for battle to me.

edit: i hope there is foootball though...no matter what

BossChief
11-25-2010, 10:53 PM

At this point, who would have been better picks at those spots for what we do?

That's the point.

This is a good point and hopefully both players prove that they can last in this league.

If they can, both were fantastic values at the point where they were drafted and one thing that runs true with the draft:

With no risk, there is no reward.

Both players can definitely be offensive foundational players.

chiefzilla1501
11-26-2010, 12:31 AM
Zilla, you can be better than a bad team and not be mediocre either. It's called nuance.

Retardian, dispassionate means that I'm not getting up in arms over things. It doesn't mean I'm disinterested. It's too bad that the alphabet soup of steroids you jam in your ass can't give you enough sense to also inject some understanding of the language.

Hootie, I've crushed your specious claim about my drafting errors about twenty times. Repeating bullshit doesn't make it true, just like slinging pizza doesn't make you a chef, and refilling Mountain Dew doesn't make you an expert on the restaurant industry. Where are all "your Sanchez is a bust" posts now?

[Kindly awaiting a breathy response with eight straight posts from Hootie]

To say the Chiefs are a stretch to be mediocre is a stretch itself. There's awful-bad-below average-mediocre-above average-good-awesome. The Chiefs are most definitely at least mediocre. Their schedule has consisted mostly of awful to mediocre teams and they have won over 50% of those games. It's not a stretch at all.

And let's not pretend that they're unique. Here's how some of the best teams in the league have fared against teams over .500:
-Baltimore - 1 quality win
-Tampa Bay - ZERO quality wins
-Jets - 1 quality win
-Saints - 1 quality win
-Packers - 2 quality wins (one being Philly on opening day)

The Chiefs got to 6-4 in a very similar way as those other teams have. The Chiefs are proving to be better than the bad teams. That makes them mediocre by NFL standards.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-26-2010, 02:07 AM
To say the Chiefs are a stretch to be mediocre is a stretch itself. There's awful-bad-below average-mediocre-above average-good-awesome. The Chiefs are most definitely at least mediocre. Their schedule has consisted mostly of awful to mediocre teams and they have won over 50% of those games. It's not a stretch at all.

And let's not pretend that they're unique. Here's how some of the best teams in the league have fared against teams over .500:
-Baltimore - 1 quality win
-Tampa Bay - ZERO quality wins
-Jets - 1 quality win
-Saints - 1 quality win
-Packers - 2 quality wins (one being Philly on opening day)

The Chiefs got to 6-4 in a very similar way as those other teams have. The Chiefs are proving to be better than the bad teams. That makes them mediocre by NFL standards.

Tampa is not even close to one of the best teams in the league. They are pretty much the NFC version of the Chiefs.

That aside, it's a bit dishonest to take out the Patriots, Steelers, Eagles, and Falcons from that list, while talking about the "best teams in the league".

chiefzilla1501
11-26-2010, 02:38 AM
Tampa is not even close to one of the best teams in the league. They are pretty much the NFC version of the Chiefs.

That aside, it's a bit dishonest to take out the Patriots, Steelers, Eagles, and Falcons from that list, while talking about the "best teams in the league".

It's not dishonest. I said "some" and the main point was that there are several teams that are frequently in the conversation of great teams who have had a similarly luxurious schedule as the Chiefs. Given that this is the primary reason we are discrediting the Chiefs' successes, then it has to apply to all those teams in the same situation.

Mediocre teams beat the teams they're supposed to beat. The Chiefs have played a few bad teams, a few below average, and 2 above average teams. In those contests, there was only one game that was out of reach and they've won over 50% of their games and could easily have won the other 3. I'm just struggling with the idea that this team is a reach for mediocrity.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-26-2010, 03:23 AM
It's not dishonest. I said "some" and the main point was that there are several teams that are frequently in the conversation of great teams who have had a similarly luxurious schedule as the Chiefs. Given that this is the primary reason we are discrediting the Chiefs' successes, then it has to apply to all those teams in the same situation.

Mediocre teams beat the teams they're supposed to beat. The Chiefs have played a few bad teams, a few below average, and 2 above average teams. In those contests, there was only one game that was out of reach and they've won over 50% of their games and could easily have won the other 3. I'm just struggling with the idea that this team is a reach for mediocrity.

We're spinning round the merry-go-round of semantics. Let's make it quantitative:

You think the Chiefs are probably in the 50th-60th percentile, I think they are in the 40th.

Fair?

BossChief
11-26-2010, 08:42 AM
Zilla sure does love him some semantics back and forths. I guess without arguing semantics to some extent though, the traffic on the board would almost come to a standstill.

TheGuardian
11-26-2010, 08:49 AM
We're spinning round the merry-go-round of semantics. Let's make it quantitative:

You think the Chiefs are probably in the 50th-60th percentile, I think they are in the 40th.

Fair?

Hamas why don't you go look up the winning % of opponents on the schedule of SB champs and get back with me.

This was done a few years ago and one of the things that helps a team make it into the playoffs and to the SB, is NOT facing a brutally hard schedule. The Saints last year actually played one of the hardest schedules EVER for a SB champ. One of the reasons why their undefeated stream was so remarkable.

The fact that you are dispassionate about this team speaks wonders about you as a "fan". 10 wins in the previous 3 seasons, 6 wins already this season and you are dispassionate? You're the guy starving that complains about the kind of bread used for the free sandwich being served to him. It's fucking ridiculous.

SAUTO
11-26-2010, 10:10 AM

the pats wins are against teams with a combined 39-53 record, 51-62 all together with teams lost to.

SAUTO
11-26-2010, 10:14 AM
the eagles? wins against is 36-35 and all together is 53-48, teams won against and lost against.

SAUTO
11-26-2010, 10:18 AM
atlanta? 37-45 teams record they won against, 51-51 counting teams they lost against too.

milkman
11-26-2010, 10:18 AM
the pats wins are against teams with a combined 39-53 record, 51-62 all together with teams lost to.

You really don't help the argument with this.

I tend to agree with zilla, that calling the Chiefs less than mediocre is off base.

However, while the Patriot wins are against teams with a combined record of 39-53, they have won games against the Ravens, Chargers, Steelers and Colts, with the wins against the Chargers and Steelers coming on the road.

Those are quality wins.

SAUTO
11-26-2010, 10:20 AM
atlanta has beat 3 teams above .500
pit has beat 3
philly 4
ne 3

SAUTO
11-26-2010, 10:22 AM
You really don't help the argument with this.

I tend to agree with zilla, that calling the Chiefs less than mediocre is off base.

However, while the Patriot wins are against teams with a combined record of 39-53, they have won games against the Ravens, Chargers, Steelers and Colts, with the wins against the Chargers and Steelers coming on the road.

Those are quality wins.

getting to that. but the chargers arent above .500 right now and wouldnt be considered a quality win in my book at this point. and that goes for us too.

SAUTO
11-26-2010, 10:25 AM
oh and i'm not trying to help an argument, just bored waiting on some rotors to turn and thought i would throw some things out since he thought it was dishonest.

this season there are a ton of teams that have played weaker schedules overall and some of the better teams have benefited from it, not just us.

parity

chiefzilla1501
11-26-2010, 11:04 AM

Fair?

If that's the way you put it, then I'm on board with that. If I could put them in a power ranking, I think 15 is fair, but that they could just as easily be #10 or just as easily as they could be #20. Probably not better, probably not worse but we just don't know until they play real competition. My opinion is that they're just a little better than 15 and you seem to think they're just a little bit worse. That's fair.

Earthling
11-26-2010, 12:15 PM

I think you're wrong about this.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-26-2010, 02:20 PM
Hamas why don't you go look up the winning % of opponents on the schedule of SB champs and get back with me.

This was done a few years ago and one of the things that helps a team make it into the playoffs and to the SB, is NOT facing a brutally hard schedule. The Saints last year actually played one of the hardest schedules EVER for a SB champ. One of the reasons why their undefeated stream was so remarkable.

The fact that you are dispassionate about this team speaks wonders about you as a "fan". 10 wins in the previous 3 seasons, 6 wins already this season and you are dispassionate? You're the guy starving that complains about the kind of bread used for the free sandwich being served to him. It's fucking ridiculous.

Dispassionate means rational, Rtd. Rational.

Fritz88
11-26-2010, 04:14 PM
This thread should be a Hall of Classics candidate.
Posted via Mobile Device

Awesome Aric
11-26-2010, 04:15 PM
Chiefs true identity?

I'll give you a hint.

Pretenders.

milkman
11-26-2010, 04:21 PM
Chiefs true identity?

I'll give you a hint.

Pretenders.

You mean like the Chargers, who get bounced out of the playoffs annually?

The Chiefs aren't pretenders.
They are simply overachievers.

I like that feeling a whole hell of a lot better than you're feeling with your pretenders.

Ming the Merciless
11-26-2010, 04:23 PM
At best the Chargers will be 1-1 against the 'pretenders.' So, what does that make them?

Hammock Parties
11-26-2010, 04:31 PM

I sat and watched that Cardinals game with very little emotion. I expected to win and when we made plays, it didn't really surprise me.

What I really took from that game was wow, Anderson had a LOT of wide open receivers a good quarterback wouldn't have missed. That scares me for future games.

Part of the reason a lot of people are like Hamas is because we've seen all this shit before. We're not setting records on offense or defense, we're not shocking the world and no one really takes this team seriously because of the level of competition we've faced.

After seeing shit like the '95 Chiefs, who had one of the easiest schedules in the league and blew it, only to reveal their true nature a year later, it's pretty easy to be dispassionate about this team beating bottom feeders.

I'll get excited if they beat San Diego, and I imagine so will Hamas. That would be a Big Fucking Deal™. Beating teams like Arizona, San Francisco and Buffalo is nice, but we've seen this shit before. It doesn't really get me excited. Well, I take that back, it was exciting when it was all new and fresh and giggity in September, but now it's become rather yawn worthy.

Ming the Merciless
11-26-2010, 04:39 PM
Beating teams like Arizona, San Francisco and Buffalo is nice, but we've seen this shit before. It doesn't really get me excited. Well, I take that back, it was exciting when it was all new and fresh and giggity in September, but now it's become rather yawn worthy.

Maybe you need a new passion in life? Have you considered board games?

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/5459/connect10.jpg

milkman
11-26-2010, 04:42 PM
You mean like the Chargers, who get bounced out of the playoffs annually?

The Chiefs aren't pretenders.
They are simply overachievers.

I like that feeling a whole hell of a lot better than you're feeling with your pretenders.

At best the Chargers will be 1-1 against the 'pretenders.' So, what does that make them?

I looked at his sig and saw the Chareger and assumed he was a Charger fan, but upon further review, and looking closer, and also looking at his avatar, it appears he's a Donkey fan.

Even more sad.

Ming the Merciless
11-26-2010, 04:44 PM
, it appears he's a Donkey fan.

Even more sad.

Oh wow.....

ROFL

I guess if their team has no shot at the playoffs and probably wont win any more games, a true troll goes and trolls the 3-4 message boards of the teams they beat?

TheGuardian
11-26-2010, 04:53 PM
Dispassionate means rational, Rtd. Rational.

You can still have a rational opinion, and be excited about the improvement of this team. Something you don't seem to be.

chiefzilla1501
11-27-2010, 01:58 AM
I sat and watched that Cardinals game with very little emotion. I expected to win and when we made plays, it didn't really surprise me.

What I really took from that game was wow, Anderson had a LOT of wide open receivers a good quarterback wouldn't have missed. That scares me for future games.

Part of the reason a lot of people are like Hamas is because we've seen all this shit before. We're not setting records on offense or defense, we're not shocking the world and no one really takes this team seriously because of the level of competition we've faced.

After seeing shit like the '95 Chiefs, who had one of the easiest schedules in the league and blew it, only to reveal their true nature a year later, it's pretty easy to be dispassionate about this team beating bottom feeders.

I'll get excited if they beat San Diego, and I imagine so will Hamas. That would be a Big ****ing Deal™. Beating teams like Arizona, San Francisco and Buffalo is nice, but we've seen this shit before. It doesn't really get me excited. Well, I take that back, it was exciting when it was all new and fresh and giggity in September, but now it's become rather yawn worthy.

Why does that worry you? Arizona has a pretty insane receiver corps. Fitzgerald and Breaston are both outstanding receivers. The receivers aren't even close to their weak point. Their weak point is their running game has been inconsistent and their QB is missing open receivers by a mile.

Earthling
11-27-2010, 03:56 AM

Well, I take that back, it was exciting when it was all new and fresh and giggity in September, but now it's become rather yawn worthy.

Really ? I get excited about every game the Chiefs play and especially when they win. Especially considering their lack of wins in the previous seasons. Hell, I would love to see the Chiefs win every game by 30 points and that would never get boring or yawn worthy to me, even against the basement teams. The Cardinals was especially fun to watch because Cassel was hitting receivers in stride and was throwing great.