PDA

View Full Version : Life any ideas???

Over-Head
11-28-2010, 08:53 AM
Okay as we all know the chiefsplanet is the only place in life you can get fact, rumor, conjecture, suggestions and bullshit all from the same question because it doesn't matter if you're talking about baseball cards, IED's, STD's or wooden spoons there is actually one expert in that field that hangs out around here or has a spouse, mate, significant other or friend with whatever problem is ailing a person.

Here's my dilema. I want to do a bunch of cooking and baking for the wife for the holidays while I have a few more days off before a big job. Most of the stuff she loves requires heavy whipping cream. Only problem is she is lactose intollerant.
She can eat, hard cheeses: cheddar, mozza, swiss; some sour cream, minute amounts of cream cheese and tofu. She drinks lactose free milk and ice cream. A recipe or substitution for one of those would be fantasatic. She bought a new Christmas cookbook and reads it and drools because she can't eat a lot of it.

She can't have
Heavy whipping cream, condensed milk, evaporated milk, ice cream and the like are a NO NO!! Reactions from projectile vomiting to long ventures in the can are a result.

Besides antifreeze...what can I use for substitution that wouldn't have her cutting me off or have me end up in the middle of a homicide investigation?

salame
11-28-2010, 08:57 AM
pureed silken tofu my friend

milkman
11-28-2010, 08:58 AM
I could probably find a suitable substitute for heavy whipping cream.

GloryDayz
11-28-2010, 09:02 AM
I could probably find a suitable substitute for heavy whipping cream.

A cup... Really!!!! You outta be in pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!

milkman
11-28-2010, 09:07 AM
A cup... Really!!!! You outta be in pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure, but I think you assume I was making a jizz joke.

No, I wasn't.

I'm a milkman.
I work in the dairy industry.

I can legitimately check to see what a suitable substitute would be.

Over-Head
11-28-2010, 09:08 AM

No, I wasn't.

I'm a milkman.

Never knew you were in the Dairy industry, figured like me the "name" came from something long ago.....either way thanks very much :thumb:

Shogun
11-28-2010, 09:10 AM

No, I wasn't.

I'm a milkman.

ROFL so it WASNT a jizz joke

too funny

Bwana
11-28-2010, 09:10 AM
A few ideas for you. It is doable, but wow, a lot of work.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Healthy/Special-Diets/Heart-Health/Cooking-and-Shopping-for-the-Lactose-Intolerant

http://www.drugs.com/cg/lactose-free-diet.html

http://www.fluther.com/4992/does-anyone-make-lactose-free-cream/

milkman
11-28-2010, 09:23 AM
Never knew you were in the Dairy industry, figured like me the "name" came from something long ago.....either way thanks very much :thumb:

I'll check around tomorrow and get back to you.

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-28-2010, 09:27 AM

No, I wasn't.

I'm a milkman.

don't sell yourself short , all joking aside , jizz makes a great substitute for anything consumed by Raiders fans. Overhead, all I need is a mailing address . I'll be glad to help a friend in time of need.