PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs/Chargers game flex possibilities??

Brianfo
11-28-2010, 07:02 PM
What say you. If they win in Indy tonight I think the possibility is pretty strong. That would be awesome. For the record, I think the Chargers get punked on national TV tonight. Go Indianapolis Mannings!!

RINGLEADER
11-28-2010, 07:22 PM
Not sure if they flex it or not but if we go into that game 8-4 and the Chargers go in at 6-6 (because I do believe they lose tonight) then probably not. If SD wins then I think without a doubt they flex it. The game that's currently set for that week is Philly at Dallas so it will get changed to something -- maybe New England at Chicago or (less likely) Miami at NY Jets if it isn't us?

WebGem
11-28-2010, 07:23 PM
I'd say it's possible.

New England @ Chicago seems like the only other option unless I missed something. Here's the schedule:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/scoreboard?w=14

WebGem
I guess Miami @ NYJ it's an outside possibility too, but I seriously doubt they would take that over KC @ SD.

Rain Man
I hope the Mannings win tonight. It'd be awesome to gain a game on the entire division today.

FD
11-28-2010, 07:25 PM
Not sure if they flex it or not but if we go into that game 8-4 and the Chargers go in at 6-6 (because I do believe they lose tonight) then probably not. If SD wins then I think without a doubt they flex it. The game that's currently set for that week is Philly at Dallas so it will get changed to something -- maybe New England at Chicago or (less likely) Miami at NY Jets if it isn't us?

What helps our case is the Jets play the Patriots on MNF next week, so for either game to get flexed it would mean two weeks in a row in primetime.

RINGLEADER
11-28-2010, 07:25 PM
I hope the Mannings win tonight. It'd be awesome to gain a game on the entire division today.

Plus we have the tie-breaker over Jacksonville -- not so much against Indy. Though I doubt any wild card comes from the West, you never know...

RINGLEADER
11-28-2010, 07:27 PM
Also depends on the "story". If Bowe has a TD streak going and Cassel continues to play like this then they may go this way but truthfully, I think giving big market Chicago and media-fav New England the game would be the way I would go...

tk13
11-28-2010, 07:27 PM
Also remember CBS and FOX get to protect a game. CBS has the doubleheader that week, so it's possible we're the featured 4 pm game too.

RINGLEADER
11-28-2010, 07:28 PM
What helps our case is the Jets play the Patriots on MNF next week, so for either game to get flexed it would mean two weeks in a row in primetime.

Not sure NBC cares what ESPN does, but I hear you...

RINGLEADER
11-28-2010, 07:28 PM
Also remember CBS and FOX get to protect a game. CBS has the doubleheader that week, so it's possible we're the featured 4 pm game too.

Well I'll be sporting the Chiefs colors at the stadium either way --

Buck
11-28-2010, 07:29 PM
I hope not. Night games are more difficult, and colder, generally.

jjchieffan
11-28-2010, 07:33 PM
Don't the Colts already have the max allowwed prime time games? Or is there such a thing? I think someone(maybe Buck) posted it here before.

Old Dog
11-28-2010, 07:34 PM
I don't think there's a snowballs chance in hell that NBC flexes out of Vick vs "Americas team"

Kraus
11-28-2010, 07:35 PM
I hope not. Night games are more difficult, and colder, generally.

Pussy... you don't know cold.

chiefsfan987
11-28-2010, 09:01 PM
I hope it doesn't get flexed because I'm travelling that day and will miss it if they move it to a later time.

donkhater
11-28-2010, 09:03 PM
I don't think there's a snowballs chance in hell that NBC flexes out of Vick vs "Americas team"

Me neither.

Bugeater
11-28-2010, 09:04 PM
Yep, especially now that the Crackwagon has been playing better under Garrett.

MMXcalibur
11-28-2010, 09:06 PM

Yeah, I came in to say this.

Besides, there's so few times we get to see the NFC East...

Agent V
11-28-2010, 09:11 PM
Yeah, I came in to say this.

Besides, there's so few times we get to see the NFC East...
Heh. That poor division just never gets any media attention.