PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs Playoff Picture (5 weeks left)

WebGem
11-28-2010, 09:53 PM
Chiefs Schedule (7-4):

DEN
@SD
@STL
TEN
OAK

Chargers Schedule (6-5):

OAK
KC
SF
@CIN
@DEN

Patriots (9-2): NYJ, @CHI, GB, @BUF, MIA
Jets (9-2): @NE, MIA, @PIT, @CHI, BUF
Ravens (8-3): PIT, @HOU, NO, @CLE, CIN
Steelers (8-3): @BAL, CIN, NYJ, CAR, @CLE

I think we need to either beat SD, or go 11-5 and get a WC. I think we lose every possible tie-breaker with any of these teams, which sucks. There's an outside chance KC, SD, PIT/BAL, NYJ/NE all go 11-5 and we miss out.

chief52
11-28-2010, 09:55 PM
I do not see any realistic way the Chiefs will make the playoffs without beating the Chargers.

TheGuardian
11-28-2010, 09:57 PM
I do not see any realistic way the Chiefs will make the playoffs without beating the Chargers.

Um if the Chiefs go 11-5 and the Dolts lose 1, they go 10-6. We win the division. I think the Dolts lose at least 1 more. We can afford to lose at SD but we have to run the table.

Discuss Thrower
11-28-2010, 09:57 PM
I do not see any realistic way the Chiefs will make the playoffs.

FYP

LaChapelle
11-28-2010, 09:58 PM
I'd rather they not climb to the top too quickly
those outhouse to penthouse teams are sometimes flashes in the pan
raise that house on a solid foundation instead of quicksand

WebGem
11-28-2010, 09:58 PM
Um if the Chiefs go 11-5 and the Dolts lose 1, they go 10-6. We win the division. I think the Dolts lose at least 1 more. We can afford to lose at SD but we have to run the table.

Yeah, and I really don't see SD losing one of those games. I hope they do. If they do, it's probably @CIN or @DEN. But I really think they're gonna run the table with how they're playing right now, and the fact they've done it how many times now?

Reerun_KC
11-28-2010, 10:00 PM
Unless we beat SD, its going to be real hard for KC to make the playoffs at 11-5 or 10-6...

We have to win the division otherwise its not looking good...

KCrockaholic
11-28-2010, 10:02 PM
This is going to be a heartbreaker in an otherwise amazing season.

Deberg_1990
11-28-2010, 10:02 PM
Its the NFL...flukey things happen every week. Chiefs could lose to Rams.....Bolts could lose Cinci or Denver.

Raiderhater
11-28-2010, 10:03 PM
Yeah, and I really don't see SD losing one of those games. I hope they do. If they do, it's probably @CIN or @DEN. But I really think they're gonna run the table with how they're playing right now, and the fact they've done it how many times now?

All 3 divisonal games are potential losses in my mind. Never count out a rivalry game. I say they lose at least 1 of them. Preferablly to us....

Old Dog
11-28-2010, 10:03 PM
Chiefs losing in St Louis wouldn't be a fluke

Reerun_KC
11-28-2010, 10:04 PM
10-6 will not get KC into the playoffs unless it wins the West.

hell if they tie with SD at 11-5, we could be out at 11-5

Reerun_KC
Chiefs losing in St Louis wouldn't be a fluke

this...

chief52

Like I said...realistic. While what you say can happen, it is asking a lot. Gotta do well AND beat SD IMO.

The Bad Guy
11-28-2010, 10:05 PM
It's hilarious that some of you have conceeded defeat 2 weeks from now.

Raiderhater
I also don't think we make it as a wild card. We HAVE to win the division to make the post season.

TheGuardian

i don't think SD is going to win the next 5 in a row. They will trip up somewhere.

Micjones
I'm not confident that the Chargers will win out.
They still have two road games that could end in losses.
I think they'll lose one maybe two more.

We need to win out at home and beat St. Louis...

Shogun
If we end with a double digit record, that is enough for me and I will not complain... on with the rebuilding process. But a playoff birth would be great.

-King-
Fuck the Chargers. How the fuck they do this every fucking season is unbelievable.

RealSNR
11-28-2010, 10:06 PM
Um if the Chiefs go 11-5 and the Dolts lose 1, they go 10-6. We win the division. I think the Dolts lose at least 1 more. We can afford to lose at SD but we have to run the table.That's not going to happen. We're the only realistic shot at San Diego dropping a game. They're not going to lose to Denver, Cincinnati, or any of the other teams on the rest of their schedule.

San Diego is an elite team with their backs to the wall. They gotta win all their games to get into the playoffs, but they will. Because they always do it.

Deberg_1990

heh, yea...i always laugh when people try and predict NFL schedules and strength, etc....

LIke i said, its the NFL, there are no gimmie games.

Reerun_KC

I am not conceeding shit, was just looking at the situation..

Micjones
11-28-2010, 10:08 PM
Let's not forget this Chargers team lost to both Seattle and St. Louis on the road.

BigMeatballDave
It's hilarious that some of you have conceeded defeat 2 weeks from now.Not conceding, just being realistic.

Raiderhater
That's not going to happen. We're the only realistic shot at San Diego dropping a game. They're not going to lose to Denver, Cincinnati, or any of the other teams on the rest of their schedule.

San Diego is an elite team with their backs to the wall. They gotta win all their games to get into the playoffs, but they will. Because they always do it.

All streaks come to an end at some point in time.

Discuss Thrower
11-28-2010, 10:09 PM

Kansas City has absolutely no chance of beating SD on the road. Not a chance in hell.

TheGuardian
11-28-2010, 10:10 PM
That's not going to happen. We're the only realistic shot at San Diego dropping a game. They're not going to lose to Denver, Cincinnati, or any of the other teams on the rest of their schedule.

Cleveland beat the Pats AND Saints.

I flat out don't believe the Chargers will win 5 more in a row. Whether that means us beating them or not, I don't think it will happen.

I still like our chances against that team personally.

TheGuardian
Kansas City has absolutely no chance of beating SD on the road. Not a chance in hell.

Yeah we heard we had no chance in hell of starting the season 3-0 either.

Jesus go find another team if your vagina is that big.

Buck
Cleveland beat the Pats AND Saints.

I flat out don't believe the Chargers will win 5 more in a row. Whether that means us beating them or not, I don't think it will happen.

I still like our chances against that team personally.

I dont see the Chargers or Chiefs losing another game except for the one they play against each other.

Raiderhater
11-28-2010, 10:11 PM

KC had no chance of even contending for the division title either....

chiefsfan1963
11-28-2010, 10:12 PM
Has there ever been a team go 11-5 and not go to the playoffs? I think we would be the first.

Deberg_1990

We have beaten better Chargers teams with worse Chiefs teams...anything can happen.

BigMeatballDave
Kansas City has absolutely no chance of beating SD on the road. Not a chance in hell.Well, I wouldnt go that far. Any given Sunday...

swayy07
so what would happen if we both go 11-5 and go 1-1 against each other with the dolts

The Bad Guy
11-28-2010, 10:13 PM

Fuck off you defeated asshole.

Sorry, I'll enjoy watching an insanely competitive game in 2 weeks before I declare it to be over with.

KCrockaholic
Why SD? Why do you have to pull this shit every year?

Even once you got to the playoffs it will be the same ole song and dance like every other year. Just give somebody else a try!

Deberg_1990
Has there ever been a team go 11-5 and not go to the playoffs? I think we would be the first.

Yes.....Pats in 2008 with Cassel.

With they way the division are now 4, this is happening more frequently. Its a flaw in the 4 division system IMO.

KCrockaholic

New England. Matt Cassel.

BigMeatballDave
Has there ever been a team go 11-5 and not go to the playoffs? I think we would be the first.Ironically, Matt Cassel's Patriots, 2008.

The Bad Guy
so what would happen if we both go 11-5 and go 1-1 against each other with the dolts

Would depend on divisional record.

WebGem
11-28-2010, 10:14 PM
I dont see the Chargers or Chiefs losing another game except for the one they play against each other.

You might be right. The team with more of a chance is KC though. I could honestly see KC losing at home to DEN, TEN or OAK. And I could see them losing @STL. That being said, I think there is a decent chance they will go 4-0 in those games, and a good chance they go at least 3-1.

To those talking about there's no for sure wins blah blah, that's very very true. However, it's a lot less likely at the end of the season when teams NEED to win. That's when teams show their true colors. And SD is a good fucking team. That's why I don't see them losing another game.

cdcox
11-28-2010, 10:14 PM

SD wins the division. We hope for a collapse from the Jets, Pats, Steelers or Ravens.

DBOSHO
11-28-2010, 10:16 PM
Its sad that we will probably finish the season at least 10-6 and might miss the playoffs while the seahawks will get in with a 7-9 record.

Buck
11-28-2010, 10:16 PM
You might be right. The team with more of a chance is KC though. I could honestly see KC losing at home to DEN, TEN or OAK. And I could see them losing @STL. That being said, I think there is a decent chance they will go 4-0 in those games, and a good chance they go at least 3-1.

To those talking about there's no for sure wins blah blah, that's very very true. However, it's a lot less likely at the end of the season when teams NEED to win. That's when teams show their true colors. And SD is a good fucking team. That's why I don't see them losing another game.

I've been forced to watch all the Chiefs games this year due to the fact that we are trailing them.

I can honestly tell you that the Chiefs are a good team too. Plus you're coach won't let you look too far ahead. 1 game at a time mentality, he definitely has it.

Good luck.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-28-2010, 10:17 PM
New England. Matt Cassel.

And the Browns in the 80s I think.

WebGem
This fucking sucks man. We ripped a decent team a new asshole on the road in a tough stadium, and now it feels like we lost today.

Chiefs Rool
ya, we must beat the Chargers to make it. The Chargers can easily win those other games. But other than the Chargers, we can only afford to lose 1 maximum.

BigMeatballDave
11-28-2010, 10:18 PM
Why SD? Why do you have to pull this shit every year?

Even once you got to the playoffs it will be the same ole song and dance like every other year. Just give somebody else a try!They are. All the Chiefs have to do is win.

KCrockaholic
11-28-2010, 10:18 PM
Its sad that we will probably finish the season at least 10-6 and might miss the playoffs while the seahawks will get in with a 7-9 record.

:shake: That's fucked up.

Micjones
11-28-2010, 10:19 PM

A weaker Chiefs team lead by Damon Huard beat the Chargers, IN San Diego, a few years back.
We have a chance.

WebGem
I've been forced to watch all the Chiefs games this year due to the fact that we are trailing them.

I can honestly tell you that the Chiefs are a good team too. Plus you're coach won't let you look too far ahead. 1 game at a time mentality, he definitely has it.

Good luck.

I know the Chiefs are good. But when I said those words that you bolded, I meant the Chargers are a really, really good team. I would say great, but I think that requires playoff success. So lets just say great regular season team.

Good luck to you too.

ShowtimeSBMVP
To sit here and say the wild card is a no go is just dumb ...........chiefs 7-4 ...ravens and pitt are 8-3 they play each other next week one will loss 8-4 and if the chiefs win 8-4 ...........so the 6 seed next week will have a record of 8-4 and pitt and ravens have tuff last 5 weeks

KCrockaholic
They are. All the Chiefs have to do is win.

Tough task. I'm behind them all the way, but realistically SD will win that game. When was the last time they lost @ home in December?

Hoover
San Diago is the team that needs to beat us, not the other way around. Let's not forget that. The Chiefs lead the division by a game, the Chiefs have led the division from week one.

I'm excited to be where we are at and amazed at how this team has played.

I guess I'm not really worried about a Norm Turner led team that lacks a running game and usually sucks on the road.

I'll put my money on the Chiefs. Plus, I think Romeo has River's number.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-28-2010, 10:20 PM
Well, it's time to take off the diapers I guess. Beat Denver, then go get the W in San Diego and show the league this is OUR division.

KCrockaholic
To sit here and say the wild card is a no go is just dumb ...........chiefs 7-4 ...ravens and pitt are 8-3 they play each other next week one will loss 8-4 and if the chiefs win 8-4 ...........so the 6 seed next week will have a record of 8-4 and pitt and ravens have tuff last 5 weeks

Hey, nice way to look at it!

BigMeatballDave
This fucking sucks man. We ripped a decent team a new asshole on the road in a tough stadium, and now it feels like we lost today.:spock: How is that?

WebGem
11-28-2010, 10:21 PM
:spock: How is that?

I mean I feel defeated because we really needed an Indy win along with ours. We might not end up having needed it in the end, but it would have made a really big difference. We would have been able to lose in SD and still control our own destiny in the West.

Discuss Thrower
11-28-2010, 10:22 PM
A weaker Chiefs team lead by Damon Huard beat the Chargers, IN San Diego, a few years back.
We have a chance.

Okay, the Chiefs have a very small chance to win against San Diego. Willing to entertain amusing wagers on this prospect.

KCrockaholic
11-28-2010, 10:22 PM
I mean I feel defeated because we really needed an Indy win along with ours. We might not end up having needed it in the end, but it would have made a really big difference. We would have been able to lose in SD and still control our own destiny in the West.

Yep. That's the same way I looked at it.

BUT I'm still proud as hell of this team because of today.

ShowtimeSBMVP
11-28-2010, 10:26 PM
Chiefs Schedule (7-4):

DEN
@SD
@STL
TEN
OAK

Chargers Schedule (6-5):

OAK
KC
SF
@CIN
@DEN

Patriots (9-2): NYJ, @CHI, GB, @BUF, MIA
Jets (9-2): @NE, MIA, @PIT, @CHI, BUF
Ravens (8-3): PIT, @HOU, NO, @CLE, CIN
Steelers (8-3): @BAL, CIN, NYJ, CAR, @CLE

I think we need to either beat SD, or go 11-5 and get a WC. I think we lose every possible tie-breaker with any of these teams, which sucks. There's an outside chance KC, SD, PIT/BAL, NYJ/NE all go 11-5 and we miss out.

LOL chiefs go 11-5 miss playoffs then in the nfc 7-9 team will win the west

chiefsfan1963
11-28-2010, 10:30 PM
I think we all know deep down as fans that Chiefs are just not the best team in the division. We are all hoping that our team surprises us and either goes 12-4 or 11-5. Either way it will be a fantastic season if they could accomplish this obviously 12-4 would be unbelievable but 11-5 would be quite amazing.

I am looking forward to seeing Dexter playing starting next week we really need him if we have a fighting chance to achieve the above.

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!LMAO

Shogun
11-28-2010, 10:33 PM
San Diago is the team that needs to beat us, not the other way around. Let's not forget that. The Chiefs lead the division by a game, the Chiefs have led the division from week one.

I'm excited to be where we are at and amazed at how this team has played.

I guess I'm not really worried about a Norm Turner led team that lacks a running game and usually sucks on the road.

I'll put my money on the Chiefs. Plus, I think Romeo has River's number.

Fuck yes.

Red Beans
11-28-2010, 10:34 PM
They are. All the Chiefs have to do is win.

This right here. We control our own destiny.

Shogun
11-28-2010, 10:35 PM
I hope that Cassel does not find it okay to throw 60000 screens now that Dex is back. Keep doing what you're doin and throw dexter in there to confuse people and occasionally give him the rock.

WebGem
11-28-2010, 10:35 PM
LOL chiefs go 11-5 miss playoffs then in the nfc 7-9 team will win the west

Chiefs Pantalones
11-28-2010, 10:36 PM
This right here. We control our own destiny.

If the Chargers want it they're gonna have to take it. I can't wait. I wouldn't mind the Chargers losing to Oakland or someone along the way, but I'd rather beat them straight up.

The Bad Guy
11-28-2010, 10:48 PM
Okay, the Chiefs have a very small chance to win against San Diego. Willing to entertain amusing wagers on this prospect.

The only thing more amusing is that you would bet against your own team.

Honestly, go fuck yourself with a rusty tetanus shovel.

HBKChiefs
11-28-2010, 11:00 PM
I'm hoping to not only make the playoffs via division title but to somehow secure a #2 AFC seed. Still very possible in my mind while a lot of you are already conceding defeat to San Diego in two weeks. This team can be very dangerous as a 2 seed in the playoffs. Dare i say Super Bowl bound dangerous?! LETS GO CHIEFS!!!

|Zach|
11-28-2010, 11:02 PM
Chargers still have tiny margin for error.

Don't know what is "realistic" about thinking the Chargers will win out. Have you people been watching the NFL very long?

WebGem
11-28-2010, 11:06 PM
Chargers still have tiny margin for error.

Don't know what is "realistic" about thinking the Chargers will win out. Have you people been watching the NFL very long?

It is a realistic possibility. Whether it's probable or not is another argument. It's possible, too. The games they could realistically lose aside from us are the last 2 games of the season. I don't want to need SD to lose with that little time left. I just don't like being scared, and if we lose to SD I'm gonna be scared.

Ugly Duck
11-28-2010, 11:21 PM
Watch out for the Denver game, you guys. Remember now - they were up 35-0 & it was only the two trash TDs in the waning minutes of the 4th quarter that made the final score look not-quite-so-bad in the record books. We all know that KC should win, but with the last Denver game as background, it's really a teeny weeny little should win.

boltpower 21
11-28-2010, 11:41 PM
Both the Chargers and the Chiefs control their own destiny for the AFC West.

I don't see either team tripping up as both have favorable schedules, though the Chiefs @ Rams might be a toughest one to call. The winner of the Chiefs @ Chargers game wins the division IMO.

Rams Fan
11-28-2010, 11:56 PM
Both the Chargers and the Chiefs control their own destiny for the AFC West.

I don't see either team tripping up as both have favorable schedules, though the Chiefs @ Rams might be a toughest one to call. The winner of the Chiefs @ Chargers game wins the division IMO.

As a Rams fan and having been to the Rams-Chargers game, there's two Rams teams that could show up. One would be the team that showed up against the Falcons(who couldn't get their offense off the field) and the other one being the one that showed up against the Chargers(7 sacks vs SD).

BigRedChief
11-29-2010, 12:55 AM
It's hilarious that some of you have conceeded defeat 2 weeks from now.We play like today, get Flowers back, fix the special teams. We can compete with anyone.

All we have to do is deploy the "Manning" straegy. Run the ball and keep Rivers off the field.

-King-
11-29-2010, 12:58 AM
Win the next 3 and we are in no matter what.

Edit: I thought the SD game was the 3rd game. Actually it's win the next 2 games and win just one of the last 3 and we're in no matter what.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigRedChief
11-29-2010, 01:01 AM
I mean I feel defeated because we really needed an Indy win along with ours. We might not end up having needed it in the end, but it would have made a really big difference. We would have been able to lose in SD and still control our own destiny in the West.The Oakland game was the killer, the Texas game was a punch in the gut too.

jd1020
11-29-2010, 01:01 AM
I would say the Chargers control their destiny more than the Chiefs. The Chiefs have to go into SD and steal a game. The Chargers can easily win out and if they do so they are in and the Chiefs are not.

|Zach|
11-29-2010, 01:10 AM
I would say the Chargers control their destiny more than the Chiefs. The Chiefs have to go into SD and steal a game. The Chargers can easily win out and if they do so they are in and the Chiefs are not.

Ok. :rolleyes:

jd1020
11-29-2010, 01:14 AM
Ok. :rolleyes:

Damn... What was I thinking? The Chargers clearly have a difficult schedule left that will require their best football to make it in the playoffs.

|Zach|
11-29-2010, 01:17 AM
Damn... What was I thinking? The Chargers clearly have a difficult schedule left that will require their best football to make it in the playoffs.

I think it is hilarious people are just giving them the remaining games as wins.

Hey, maybe I should just be glad they let the Chiefs on the same field as the Chargers. Those lords of the pigskin.

jd1020
11-29-2010, 01:19 AM
I find it hilarious that people dont... Ya, shit can happen. But to sit here and say that they can't easily win the rest of their games is idiotic. The #1 offense and #1 defense with 1 team over .500 remaining to play, that they play at home. Get real. They couldnt have asked for a more easier schedule to end with after such a putrid start.

RealSNR
11-29-2010, 01:22 AM
I think it is hilarious people are just giving them the remaining games as wins.

Hey, maybe I should just be glad they let the Chiefs on the same field as the Chargers. Those lords of the pigskin.We're not giving them shit. But we recognize that they've got this division by the testicles if they beat their easy opponents, which they should. They might be the best team in football.

We're their only challenging opponent left.

HMc
11-29-2010, 01:23 AM

Yeah because most teams in the NFL are "easily" beat by 6-5 teams that have lost games to 5-6 teams from the almighty NFC West.

There's a reason you don't see 9 win streaks a whole lot. If it were all so "easy", you'd see 100 percent pass completion and 10 yards a carry all game.

Coach
11-29-2010, 01:25 AM
One game at a time, folks.

I'm more focused on dealing with the Broncos first.

jd1020
11-29-2010, 01:25 AM
Yeah because most teams in the NFL are "easily" beat by 6-5 teams that have lost games to 5-6 teams from the almighty NFC West.

There's a reason you don't see 9 win streaks a whole lot. If it were all so "easy", you'd see 100 percent pass completion and 10 yards a carry all game.

Oh ya. You definitely see alot of teams fielding the #1 offense and #1 defense with a 6-5 record, right?

HMc
11-29-2010, 01:26 AM
Anyone who thinks the other 4 games are such a lock for SD should probably get online and put some $$$$ on that.

HMc
11-29-2010, 01:27 AM
Oh ya. You definitely see alot of teams fielding the #1 offense and #1 defense with a 6-5 record, right?

Strange that they aren't #1 in wins then, isn't it?

jd1020
11-29-2010, 01:28 AM
Strange that they aren't #1 in wins then, isn't it?

Ya it is. It's rare to lose so many games because of special teams lapses.

HMc
11-29-2010, 01:31 AM
So they have weaknesses after all? I note you didn't address that initially. I guess as long as they can avoid having their special teams unit take the field at all (kicks and kick returns will be interesting), they absolutely can't fail.

Quit carrying on like they're 11-0.

jd1020
11-29-2010, 01:33 AM
When did I ever say they were 11-0, dumbass? Quit carrying on like they dont have a tremendous advantage.

|Zach|
11-29-2010, 01:35 AM
If I wanted to make a team's run of games really easy. I wouldn't put the Chiefs on it.

HMc
11-29-2010, 01:37 AM
When did I ever say they were 11-0, dumbass? Quit carrying on like they dont have a tremendous advantage.

I didn't say you did say it. Clearly comprehension is not your forte, but that's fine. You don't seem to watch a whole lot of football either, but that's okay also.

They've not got a "tremendous advantage" at all. They've lost 5 games, they can't coast to the playoffs with no care as to the results, they basically have to win out to get a spot. Hardly an advantage at this point, is it.

They may have great units but as I said, they've still managed to lose 5 games with those awesome units that you seem to want to make love to.

jd1020
11-29-2010, 01:43 AM
OOOOOooooo. Bringing up the past to make an argument for the present and future. My face if firmly in my palm. Goodnight.

HMc
11-29-2010, 01:45 AM
OOOOOooooo. Bringing up the past to make an argument for the present and future. My face if firmly in my palm. Goodnight.

All we have to go on is the past, dickhead.

Unless the present is "since they started winning" (convenient) and the past is "before that"

Titty Meat
11-29-2010, 01:46 AM
Anything can happen we see how Rivers deals with adversity (not really well)

|Zach|
11-29-2010, 01:53 AM

Those gods give up .5 points less than we do per game on defense.

Is it going to be a situation like in non conference college football where they are going to have to pay the Chiefs a ton of money to let us get our ass kicked in their house?

WebGem
11-29-2010, 02:02 AM

Hey, maybe I should just be glad they let the Chiefs on the same field as the Chargers. Those lords of the pigskin.

ROFL

Raiderhater
12-05-2010, 07:44 PM
All 3 divisonal games are potential losses in my mind. Never count out a rivalry game. I say they lose at least 1 of them. Preferablly to us....

This isn't so much about tooting my own horn as it is about showing that all you negative know it alls don't know it all, you're just negative.

|Zach|
12-05-2010, 07:58 PM
This isn't so much about tooting my own horn as it is about showing that all you negative know it alls don't know it all, you're just negative.

:thumb: