PDA

View Full Version : KU Missouri stole our drum!

|Zach|
11-29-2010, 07:01 AM
http://rockchalk.com/forum/read.php3?num=5&id=3421&loc=0&thread=3421

In their post-game celebration, the Misery football players were banging on what appeared to be a KU band drum. As if the low class Mizzou fans throwing whiskey bottles at our band in Columbia was not bad enough, now, their football players steal our drum.

http://media.columbiatribune.com/img/photos/2010/11/27/112710_178a_pe_mu_fb_vs_ku_t620.JPG

KcMizzou
11-29-2010, 07:03 AM
LMAO

:facepalm:

tyton75
11-29-2010, 07:18 AM
lmao.. thought there wasn't supposed to be bias in Journalism

Mojo Jojo
11-29-2010, 07:18 AM
Get your ass kicked by rival...can't even protect a marching band drum. ROFL

allen_kcCard
11-29-2010, 07:42 AM
They are such dumbasses. Unless I am mistaken, that is the war drum that is KU on one side and MU on the other side that the winner gets each year.

Sassy Squatch
11-29-2010, 07:56 AM
You can see a fucking tiger on the top of it.....

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQGc_Jgy8wmZDjzNvItyDsQtELhBSIM5tSEDYTsfisiFiHKIaeRVw

eazyb81
11-29-2010, 07:57 AM
I really hope the writer was trying to be facetious.

DJay23
11-29-2010, 08:31 AM
They are such dumbasses. Unless I am mistaken, that is the war drum that is KU on one side and MU on the other side that the winner gets each year.

You're not mistaken. The writer is an idiot or not serious.

Zaiko
11-29-2010, 08:40 AM
You can see a ****ing tiger on the top of it....

Yeah wtf. I saw it right away too, and was like wth...

blaise
11-29-2010, 08:42 AM
Remember that Orange Bowl win? It's another year older now.

Pitt Gorilla
11-29-2010, 08:43 AM
Perhaps they should win the game. Then they could have the drum.

KC Jones
11-29-2010, 08:45 AM
Wait, you mean that a message someone posted on an internet forum might not be accurate or might even *gasp* not have journalistic integrity?!?!

Oh the horror!

KChiefs1
11-29-2010, 09:04 AM
Now that's funny!

kepp
11-29-2010, 09:31 AM

IMO, their most recent season should be measured in dog years.

DJ's left nut
11-29-2010, 09:33 AM

"That's what I love about undeserved Bowl Berths. I keep getting older, they all stay the same age...yeah"

/Beaker.

Pants
11-29-2010, 09:35 AM
"That's what I love about undeserved Bowl Berths. I keep getting older, they all stay the same age...yeah"

/Beaker.

Love the 'undeserved' mantra. If you say it enough times, it becomes an accepted fact, lol.

If you make it to a BCS bowl, you make it. Maybe you guys will get to play in one this year and the bitterness will stop. :)

blaise
11-29-2010, 10:01 AM
I just know that Orange Bowl catapulted KU football into another level of success.

Frazod
11-29-2010, 10:02 AM
I just know that Orange Bowl catapulted KU football into another level of success.

Yeah, they really built upon it, didn't they? ROFL

kchero
11-29-2010, 10:23 AM
Come on now, lets give the KU fan credit. At least he knew that it was still technically football season. Jayhawk nation has stated it is "basketball" season since early September.

kepp
11-29-2010, 10:48 AM

They pretty much followed that trajectory.

Pants
11-29-2010, 10:52 AM
Come on now, lets give the KU fan credit. At least he knew that it was still technically football season. Jayhawk nation has stated it is "basketball" season since early September.

And your #11 (LOL) basketball team has to play in an empty arena because the only game you guys show up to is when KU rolls into town. Our football stadium fills more people proportionally than your basketball arena, and our football team is abysmal. MU fans are the best!

Fairplay
11-29-2010, 10:54 AM
epic fail.

DJ's left nut
11-29-2010, 11:05 AM
And your #11 (LOL) basketball team has to play in an empty arena because the only game you guys show up to is when KU rolls into town. Our football stadium fills more people proportionally than your basketball arena, and our football team is abysmal. MU fans are the best!

Uh...WTF are you talking about?

We have very solid attendance at Mizzzou arena, especially strong during the conference season.

Columbia isn't a basketball town, so fans tend to be fairly sparse during the early season games that don't mean anything. So you're right, we can't compare to Kentucky and Kansas for non-con games because the fans aren't interested in a glorified scrimmage. There's also still some residual damage from Quin Snyder - locally the guy was garbage and it reflected on the entire towns view of the BBall team. They're coming out of the darkness there, but you don't really understand the damage he did unless you live here. Trust me, it was extensive.

However, our conference attendance is very good and our overall attendance is just fine (40th in the country last season). Oh, and not to mention the fact that MU carried the 2nd longest home winning-streak in the nation last season before its loss to A&M.

But leave it to the beakers to start talking basketball when they get their asses handed to them in football. We get it - you don't care about football unless your team is doing well.

I wonder how much you'd care about basketball if your basketball team ever struggled.

I suspect I know the answer.

WilliamTheIrish
11-29-2010, 11:09 AM
Still bringing up the bottle being thrown at the band? That was before Mangino. This person was serious.

Pants
11-29-2010, 11:20 AM

We have very solid attendance at Mizzzou arena, especially strong during the conference season.

Columbia isn't a basketball town, so fans tend to be fairly sparse during the early season games that don't mean anything. So you're right, we can't compare to Kentucky and Kansas for non-con games because the fans aren't interested in a glorified scrimmage. There's also still some residual damage from Quin Snyder - locally the guy was garbage and it reflected on the entire towns view of the BBall team. They're coming out of the darkness there, but you don't really understand the damage he did unless you live here. Trust me, it was extensive.

However, our conference attendance is very good and our overall attendance is just fine (40th in the country last season). Oh, and not to mention the fact that MU carried the 2nd longest home winning-streak in the nation last season before its loss to A&M.

But leave it to the beakers to start talking basketball when they get their asses handed to them in football. We get it - you don't care about football unless your team is doing well.

I wonder how much you'd care about basketball if your basketball team ever struggled.

Oh, I care about football just like many other Jayhawk fans, I was simply trying to give your friend a little perspective. I just find it very amusing how MU fans somehow think they have good fans. If your football team was doing as bad as ours, the attendance would probably be worse than what you see at Memorial Stadium, lol. I saw MU fans start leaving in the 3rd in 2004 in person, but I don't think you guys were ranked that year, I may be wrong.

Mojo Jojo
11-29-2010, 11:20 AM
Love the 'undeserved' mantra. If you say it enough times, it becomes an accepted fact, lol.

If you make it to a BCS bowl, you make it. Maybe you guys will get to play in one this year and the bitterness will stop. :)
It is easier to make it when the Athletic Dept. writes a check to bribe the bowl committee. Now most of those people are gone and/or under investigation. I got 4 tickets to the Orange Bowl, seats on a charter flight, and hotel for free because we do business with KU. Lew had to give stuff away because he had to cover his ass.

Pants
11-29-2010, 11:21 AM
It is easier to make it when the Athletic Dept. writes a check to bribe the bowl committee.

Link? Or are you just pulling this out of your ass?

Mojo Jojo
11-29-2010, 11:27 AM
Link? Or are you just pulling this out of your ass?
Common Fact. Did KU take you to the game?

blaise
11-29-2010, 11:28 AM
Bob Davis thinks KU should be ranked no lower than #4 in the BCS.

Pants
11-29-2010, 11:28 AM
Common Fact. Did KU take you to the game?

Common fact? I'd like to see some proof, lol.

And no, KU didn't take me to the game, but I'm sure if I was doing something for them that was important enough, they would.

CoMoChief
11-29-2010, 11:32 AM

this isn't true at all.

mu fans show up for the big games, KU, TX, KSU (as of recent yrs).....thats about it.

Meanwhile kansas can fill up AFH on a night where it's a storming blizzard, 0 deg outside in the middle of Xmas break while playing Univ of Wyoming Tech A&M Institute for the Blind.

blaise
11-29-2010, 11:32 AM
"The balance of power in the Big 12 North has shifted to KU and the other teams should be on notice that this isn't just a one year fluke."

DJ's left nut
11-29-2010, 11:35 AM
this isn't true at all.

mu fans show up for the big games, KU, TX, KSU (as of recent yrs).....thats about it.

Meanwhile kansas can fill up AFH on a night where it's a storming blizzard, 0 deg outside in the middle of Xmas break while playing Univ of Wyoming Tech A&M Institute for the Blind.

Once again - we do not compete with Kansas because it's not a basketball town.

And say it's not true all you want, but everything is relative. Relative to the rest of the country, MU's attendance figures for their home basketball games is just fine.

Pitt Gorilla
11-29-2010, 11:40 AM
http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo317/mrshizz38/photo1.jpg

Pants
11-29-2010, 11:44 AM
Once again - we do not compete with Kansas because it's not a basketball town.

And say it's not true all you want, but everything is relative. Relative to the rest of the country, MU's attendance figures for their home basketball games is just fine.

Shit, I bet even Nebraska would fill Devaney if their team was ranked #11 in the country. I would be embarrassed if I were you.

DJ's left nut
11-29-2010, 11:50 AM
Shit, I bet even Nebraska would fill Devaney if their team was ranked #11 in the country. I would be embarrassed if I were you.

"Would be"?

If you aren't already, the above should pretty much cover it.

Like I said - leave it to a beaker to start chirping about basketball once their football team gets its shit pushed in.

Our football team sells out weekly, our basketball team is well above average. Both teams are ranked and going in the right direction. Oh, and fortunately we have managed to go the last 12 months without having made a national embarassment of ourselves with either our head coach, our ticket scalping alumns or our athletic director.

I'm fine with our athletic department at the moment. But you keep on yackin' about our attendance figures.

WilliamTheIrish
11-29-2010, 11:51 AM
DE-PANTS!ed

Lzen
11-29-2010, 11:53 AM
Laugh all you want, but I seem to recall some MU fans on here whining about the same thing 2 years ago.

Pants
11-29-2010, 11:54 AM

"Would be"?

If you aren't already, the above should pretty much cover it.

Like I said - leave it to a beaker to start chirping about basketball once their football team gets its shit pushed in.

Our football team sells out weekly, our basketball team is well above average. Both teams are ranked and going in the right direction. Oh, and fortunately we have managed to go the last 12 months without having made a national embarassment of ourselves with either our head coach, our ticket scalping alumns or our athletic director.

I'm fine with our athletic department at the moment. But you keep on yackin' about our attendance figures.

Yeah, that's an amazing picture of our stadium in the 4th quarter of a blow out. No fan base ever does that, no sir. Lord knows MU would never do that. LOL. And no, it's not embarrassing to see an empty stadium in the end of a dead game. Shit, even the best fanbase in the NFL has had a half-empty stadium the last couple of years. That's what losing perennially does to fans. That's true for all fanbases, even the vaunted MU fans.

It's easy to fill a stadium when your team is doing well, no one is arguing that. It's also easy to fill a basketball arena when your team does well. Easy for everyone but MU, I should say.

HemiEd
Wait, you mean that a message someone posted on an internet forum might not be accurate or might even *gasp* not have journalistic integrity?!?!

Oh the horror!

Yeah, the irony of it is hilarious. :LOL:

|Zach|
Laugh all you want, but I seem to recall some MU fans on here whining about the same thing 2 years ago.

MU fans on this board mistook the trophy associated with this rivalry for an item that was stolen from the other school?

Looking forward to this link.

Priest31kc
11-29-2010, 11:55 AM

THIS

|Zach|
11-29-2010, 11:58 AM
"It’s hard to have a Border War when one side is filled with conscientious objectors."

http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/2010/nov/28/only-one-team-was-fighting-border-war/?tigerextra

Lzen
11-29-2010, 12:00 PM
MU fans on this board mistook the trophy associated with this rivalry for an item that was stolen from the other school?

Lol, nope. I am not wasting my time if your memory is that short.

Pants
11-29-2010, 12:01 PM
"It’s hard to have a Border War when one side is filled with conscientious objectors."

http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/2010/nov/28/only-one-team-was-fighting-border-war/?tigerextra

You win some, you lose some.

55-55-9.

WilliamTheIrish
11-29-2010, 12:02 PM
It's been a long while. But KU fans didn't fill up the house for basketball games during the sunset of the Ted Owens era. MU had won 4 consecutive BBall titles and OU and Tubbs were running the Big 8 into the ground in the early to mid 80's.

In order to offset that KU fired Owens and hired Larry Brown. It took him 3 years to win the Big 8. They haven't looked back since.

|Zach|
11-29-2010, 12:02 PM
Lol, nope. I am not wasting my time if your memory is that short.

Didn't think it was true.

Lzen
11-29-2010, 12:04 PM
Didn't think it was true.

Just because I didn't look for the thread does not make it untrue. I remember people whining about that. Don't remember if it was the official thread or not, but I do remember that much.

Pants
11-29-2010, 12:04 PM
It's been a long while. But KU fans didn't fill up the house for basketball games during the sunset of the Ted Owens era. MU had won 4 consecutive BBall titles and OU and Tubbs were running the Big 8 into the ground in the early to mid 80's.

In order to offset that KU fired Owens and hired Larry Brown. It took him 3 years to win the Big 8. They haven't looked back since.

Show me a fanbase that fills up their stadiums and arenas to see a shit product get destroyed by the opposition year in and year out? That's not the argument.

|Zach|
11-29-2010, 12:05 PM
Just because I didn't look for the thread does not make it untrue. I remember people whining about that. Don't remember if it was the official thread or not, but I do remember that much.

LMAO Sure.

Pants
11-29-2010, 12:06 PM
LMAO Sure.

Don't be a dickbag. It's Lzen, it's not like him to pull shit out of his ass. He's not one of those fans.

Lzen
11-29-2010, 12:07 PM
Show me a fanbase that fills up their stadiums and arenas to see a shit product get destroyed by the opposition year in and year out? That's not the argument.

I know what you mean. Its not that hard to understand.
Hell, I had rival fans asking me if I was gonna go to the border war game. I told them no fucking way. I am disgusted with what TG has done to this program and I wasn't going to waste my money on watching my team get killed. Why is this so hard to understand?

I did the same thing with the Chiefs. Before the 2 games I attended at Arrowhead this year, I hadn't been to a Chiefs game since the Chargers came to town in October of 2006. I refuse to waste my time and money on a crap product. Call it what you will.

Lzen
11-29-2010, 12:08 PM
Don't be a dickbag. It's Lzen, it's not like him to pull shit out of his ass. He's not one of those fans.

Zach is normally an okay dude. But when it comes to the KU/MU rivalry, he can't help but be a dickbag.
/shrug

WilliamTheIrish

Hey, I'm not arguing that at all. (Pull your PANTS! up). Love the name, btw. I was showing that it has happened to KU basketball.

You never said what prompted the name change? An affection for Dockers?

|Zach|

Ya know what? I seem to recall [insert whatever is really convenient for any given thread]

DJ's left nut
Yeah, that's an amazing picture of our stadium in the 4th quarter of a blow out. No fan base ever does that, no sir. Lord knows MU would never do that. LOL. And no, it's not embarrassing to see an empty stadium in the end of a dead game. Shit, even the best fanbase in the NFL has had a half-empty stadium the last couple of years. That's what losing perennially does to fans. That's true for all fanbases, even the vaunted MU fans.

It's easy to fill a stadium when your team is doing well, no one is arguing that. It's also easy to fill a basketball arena when your team does well. Easy for everyone but MU, I should say.

Like Baylor putting up 7,000 for it's home opener this year? Or Pittsburgh putting up 9,000?

MU's a solid basketball school and that's it. It's not going to sell out games against 'scrimmage' schools, even when well ranked. And In case you haven't noticed, we still have a football season going on as well. That's where the attention of the town is.

Your point seems to be that KU is a better basketball school than MU...afterall that's always a Beaker's point, regardless of the conversation. I'd imagine the next time you can't hold your wad, you'll bring this up. But I'm unsure what point you believe you're proving here.

Yes, KU has a better BBall program. But given my choice, I'll take our athletic program over yours without thinking twice right now.

Pants
11-29-2010, 12:10 PM
I know what you mean. Its not that hard to understand.
Hell, I had rival fans asking me if I was gonna go to the border war game. I told them no ****ing way. I am disgusted with what TG has done to this program and I wasn't going to waste my money on watching my team get killed. Why is this so hard to understand?

I did the same thing with the Chiefs. Before the 2 games I attended at Arrowhead this year, I hadn't been to a Chiefs game since the Chargers came to town in October of 2006. I refuse to waste my time and money on a crap product. Call it what you will.

It's common sense. These holier than thou hypocritical douches like Pitt Gorilla and co know this as well, they're not stupid.

I'm honestly surprised that MU isn't filling Paige to the brim. I can understand that it's not a "basketball town" and I don't expect them to come watch and support their mediocre teams, but when your team is #11, I would think that would garner something.

eazyb81
11-29-2010, 12:12 PM
Hilarious how this has magically shifted into a basketball thread. Regardless, ku's lack of fan support was truly pathetic on Saturday. The f'n student section was empty except for the band.

The ku side of Arrowhead is below. Embarrassing to see you send off your seniors like this.

http://i52.tinypic.com/2pr8mc5.jpg

Frazod
11-29-2010, 12:12 PM
As long as we're rehasing all of this shit for the 1,000th time, I want to be first in with the Sod shot. Now, quick, somebody post the bowl of oranges! LMAO

Pants
11-29-2010, 12:13 PM
Like Baylor putting up 7,000 for it's home opener this year? Or Pittsburgh putting up 9,000?

MU's a solid basketball school and that's it. It's not going to sell out games against 'scrimmage' schools, even when well ranked. And In case you haven't noticed, we still have a football season going on as well. That's where the attention of the town is.

Your point seems to be that KU is a better basketball school than MU...afterall that's always a Beaker's point, regardless of the conversation. I'd imagine the next time you can't hold your wad, you'll bring this up. But I'm unsure what point you believe you're proving here.

Yes, KU has a better BBall program. But given my choice, I'll take our athletic program over yours without thinking twice right now.

That's not my point at all, and I'm sure you know this because you're far from stupid. My point is that you can't blame a fanbase for not filling up a stadium for a team that is a gimpy cellar-dweller with a rich tradition of being one. THAT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN no matter where you look. You CAN, however blame a fanbase for not showing up to support an up and coming, #11 ranked program.

Pants
11-29-2010, 12:17 PM
Hilarious how this has magically shifted into a basketball thread. Regardless, ku's lack of fan support was truly pathetic on Saturday. The f'n student section was empty except for the band.

The ku side of Arrowhead is below. Embarrassing to see you send off your seniors like this.

It's not a basketball thread, dummy. I swear to God, one of you sees the word 'basketball' and the collective goes full retard. Why don't you try and actually read the points being argued here, champ.

Bowser
11-29-2010, 12:18 PM
We are one Sam Hall appearance away from this thread being complete!

Bowser
11-29-2010, 12:19 PM
That's not my point at all, and I'm sure you know this because you're far from stupid. My point is that you can't blame a fanbase for not filling up a stadium for a team that is a gimpy cellar-dweller with a rich tradition of being one. THAT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN no matter where you look. You CAN, however blame a fanbase for not showing up to support an up and coming, #11 ranked program.

It's not a basketball thread, dummy. I swear to God, one of you sees the word 'basketball' and the collective goes full retard. Why don't you try and actually read the points being argued here, champ.

:hmmm:

Bambi
11-29-2010, 12:19 PM
You win some, you lose some.

55-55-9.

lol.

I really hope MU makes it to a BCS game one of these years. It really is a great experience.

Lzen
11-29-2010, 12:20 PM
For crying out loud! You guys are not this dense. The only reason Pants even brings up basketball is because he is comparing fanbases. Not trying to deflect that our football program is shit right now and the fan base reflects that.

|Zach|
11-29-2010, 12:21 PM
lol.

I really hope MU makes it to a BCS game one of these years. It really is a great experience.

I have to give you credit it one respect.

You are consistent with your passive aggressiveness.

Pants
11-29-2010, 12:21 PM
:hmmm:

Obviously you're not smart enough to understand what's going on here. Forget I said "basketball" and imagine I said "prgram x" and "program y". I hope that makes it a little easier.

Bambi
11-29-2010, 12:22 PM

ROFL

DJ's left nut
11-29-2010, 12:22 PM

So what about Pittsburgh? What about Baylor?

If it's not a school that prides itself on its basketball program (i.e. Duke, Kansas, Syracuse, etc...), the basketball team simply isn't going to draw exceptionally well during football season against sub-standard schools.

Now, I'll start to criticize in a few years if the fans haven't come back. As I said previously, you had to be in Columbia to understand the vitriole that Snyder brought onto this program. Even when he was gone, his kids were still out there getting in bar fights and other such nonsense. The basketball program's name was mud around here because of Snyder. Hell, then we had the garbage with the Paige Sports Arena and the attempts by Kroenke and Laurie to black-ball Norm Stewart.

The fans were somewhere well beyond pissed with the basketball program. Anderson's slowly bringing them back. The fans issues with this team went well beyond wins and losses. If Anderson gives us a couple more seasons with good kids and strong teams, the fans will forgive them.

But don't act like you can speak to the fans here without knowing the background. It was more than the records that created this and it will take more than records to get us back to the Stormin' Norman days. I believe they'll come around, but it takes time.

eazyb81
11-29-2010, 12:23 PM

Actually your brethren have brought up basketball attendance quite a few times in here, bro.

Let's not lose sight of the point here though: ku has a hilariously awful football team and a pathetic fanbase.

Bowser
lol.

POST A PIC OF THE ORANGES!! DO IT!!!!

Bambi
I have to give you credit it one respect.

You are consistent with your passive aggressiveness.

What are you talking about?

I just burst out laughing when I read one of your fans say they wouldn't trade the athletic programs.

I have many MU friends. I want them to get to where KU has been in football. It was a lot of fun.

It's going to be a lot more difficult after this year dues to the realignment, imo.

|Zach|
11-29-2010, 12:24 PM

Bambi
11-29-2010, 12:24 PM
POST A PIC OF THE ORANGES!! DO IT!!!!

Why would I do that?

I want a Sugar, Rose and Fiesta now.

eazyb81
11-29-2010, 12:26 PM

I just burst out laughing when I read one of your fans say they wouldn't trade the athletic programs.

I have many MU friends. I want them to get to where KU has been in football. It was a lot of fun.

It's going to be a lot more difficult after this year dues to the realignment, imo.

Pants
So what about Pittsburgh? What about Baylor?

If it's not a school that prides itself on its basketball program (i.e. Duke, Kansas, Syracuse, etc...), the basketball team simply isn't going to draw exceptionally well during football season against sub-standard schools.

Now, I'll start to criticize in a few years if the fans haven't come back. As I said previously, you had to be in Columbia to understand the vitriole that Snyder brought onto this program. Even when he was gone, his kids were still out there getting in bar fights and other such nonsense. The basketball program's name was mud around here because of Snyder. Hell, then we had the garbage with the Paige Sports Arena and the attempts by Kroenke and Laurie to black-ball Norm Stewart.

The fans were somewhere well beyond pissed with the basketball program. Anderson's slowly bringing them back. The fans issues with this team went well beyond wins and losses. If Anderson gives us a couple more seasons with good kids and strong teams, the fans will forgive them.

But don't act like you can speak to the fans here without knowing the background. It was more than the records that created this and it will take more than records to get us back to the Stormin' Norman days. I believe they'll come around, but it takes time.

OK, fair enough. I can understand that. I'm sure that could happen anywhere and nobody is safe from a program being dragged through mud by a sleazeball. Your points about Baylor and Pittsburgh are also pretty good. Well, I don't know about Baylor, but Pittsburgh for sure. Baylor is in its own category.

P.S. Can you please tell your retarded dog ezbate to stop barking?

|Zach|
Why would I do that?

Beat North Dakota State first.

Baby steps.

Bambi
For crying out loud! You guys are not this dense. The only reason Pants even brings up basketball is because he is comparing fanbases. Not trying to deflect that our football program is shit right now and the fan base reflects that.

It's the dude's first year. He has no quarterback.

It was a rough year but it's not that bad.

Lost to MU 35-7, not exactly complete annihilation. And Nebraska did all they could to make a score look better than 20-3 and couldn't do it.

Bowser
11-29-2010, 12:29 PM
Obviously you're not smart enough to understand what's going on here. Forget I said "basketball" and imagine I said "prgram x" and "program y". I hope that makes it a little easier.

Sooo, the point you are trying to make is that you would be embarassed if you went to Missouri and their arena isn't sold out nightly since they are on the cusp of being top ten? And from that, you are making the statement that MU fans suck because they aren't supporting a winning team? Well, my question then would be - is the arena two thirds full? Half full? Crickets in the stands? Or are the seats actually sold, and nobody is occupying them for whatever reason (out of state, out of city, etc.)? And what is the actual attendance in regards to filling the place? A hundred empty seats up top? Show me a pic where the arena is a ghost town during a game this year.

OH SHIT METROPANTS WE'RE TALKING BASKETBALL JUST LIKE YOU SAID WE WEREN'T DOING

Bambi
11-29-2010, 12:29 PM

Why don't you post the responses to the statement you posted.

You cherry pick once again. You're so played.

eazyb81
11-29-2010, 12:30 PM
It's the dude's first year. He has no quarterback.

It was a rough year but it's not that bad.

Lost to MU 35-7, not exactly complete annihilation. And Nebraska did all they could to make a score look better than 20-3 and couldn't do it.

:thumb:

ku fans shouldn't really expect much better than this year.

DJ's left nut
11-29-2010, 12:30 PM
OK, fair enough. I can understand that. I'm sure that could happen anywhere and nobody is safe from a program being dragged through mud by a sleazeball. Your points about Baylor and Pittsburgh are also pretty good. Well, I don't know about Baylor, but Pittsburgh for sure. Baylor is in its own category.

P.S. Can you please tell your retarded dog ezbate to stop barking?

Y'all have been disregarding the local leash laws when it comes to Wickedson since his arrival and don't get me started on Arrowhead Hawk or Jaz.

Besides until the Bugeater puts a Halti on LiveSteam, none of us need worry about it.

Bowser
11-29-2010, 12:31 PM
Why would I do that?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/E_bx6B3dBMM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/E_bx6B3dBMM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Rausch
11-29-2010, 12:31 PM
After this win I feel..........................nothing.

|Zach|
11-29-2010, 12:32 PM
Why don't you post the responses to the statement you posted.

You cherry pick once again. You're so played.

They are right there for anyone to see.

Shame on you foiling my cunning scheme!

Extra Point
11-29-2010, 12:32 PM

Perkinsian slip?

Bambi
11-29-2010, 12:33 PM

It's going to be like that in college football from now on until they change the bowl system.

MU has a good team this year and it's a shame that they'll just be going to another bowl in Texas instead of making some noise in some kind of playoff scenario.

|Zach|
KU FOOTBALL! WE DON'T GET COMPLETELY ANNIHILATED!

Call for season tickets.

DJ's left nut

Honestly, I just shook my head throughout it.

All I could think the whole time was "fucking Texas Tech..."

I said it before, I'll say it again - MU football is in the best shape it's been in arguably in its history because of Gary Pinkel. At the same time, that MFer tries my patience sometimes.

I'll never understand what happened in Lubbock. That game cost them the North and that's just a swift kick in the nuts. It wasn't a loss to a quality opponent like Nebraska or OU, but a loss to a fucking also-ran because we didn't show up.

Ugh...fucking Texas Tech...

eazyb81
11-29-2010, 12:34 PM
KU FOOTBALL! WE DON'T GET COMPLETELY ANNIHILATED!

Call for season tickets.

Is this the replacement for "History Awaits"?

Saul Good
lol.

I don't want to "make a BCS" game. I want to earn one. That said, if its not the NC game, and it doesn't help our team recruit down the line, I don't care what bowl it is.

chiefsnorth
You guys are just jealous. As everyone knows, when you're "on top" like KU teams are going to come gunning for you. Dance, Jay Sean, dance.
Posted via Mobile Device

|Zach|
11-29-2010, 12:36 PM
http://cdn.picapp.com/ftp/Images/7/4/d/d/Jay_Sean_Visits_c9ad.jpg?adImageId=5749210&imageId=6573586

Pants
Sooo, the point you are trying to make is that you would be embarassed if you went to Missouri and their arena isn't sold out nightly since they are on the cusp of being top ten? And from that, you are making the statement that MU fans suck because they aren't supporting a winning team? Well, my question then would be - is the arena two thirds full? Half full? Crickets in the stands? Or are the seats actually sold, and nobody is occupying them for whatever reason (out of state, out of city, etc.)? And what is the actual attendance in regards to filling the place? A hundred empty seats up top? Show me a pic where the arena is a ghost town during a game this year.

OH SHIT METROPANTS WE'RE TALKING BASKETBALL JUST LIKE YOU SAID WE WEREN'T DOING

Announced attendance for your last game was 6,361 which about 42% full. And, no, we're not talking about basketball, we're talking about fan bases and trends.

eazyb81
Honestly, I just shook my head throughout it.

All I could think the whole time was "****ing Texas Tech..."

I said it before, I'll say it again - MU football is in the best shape it's been in arguably in its history because of Gary Pinkel. At the same time, that MFer tries my patience sometimes.

I'll never understand what happened in Lubbock. That game cost them the North and that's just a swift kick in the nuts. It wasn't a loss to a quality opponent like Nebraska or OU, but a loss to a ****ing also-ran because we didn't show up.

Ugh...****ing Texas Tech...

I'm really not that bothered by the Tech loss. Yeah, we would have won the North without it, but I'm not sure we would have beaten OU for a 2nd time this season.

Another B12 CCG loss would have hurt, and we probably would not have improved our bowl standing at all with a loss. A&M would still take the Cotton, leaving the Alamo/Insight/Holiday toss-up.

Rausch
11-29-2010, 12:37 PM
It's going to be like that in college football from now on until they change the bowl system.

MU has a good team this year and it's a shame that they'll just be going to another bowl in Texas instead of making some noise in some kind of playoff scenario.

That's pretty much it.

I think MU could be an upset team. Perhaps a 3-6 ranked team.

Based on talent they SHOULD have been top 10. They underachieved.

There is no legitimate excuse for dodging a NCAA playoff system...

Saul Good
11-29-2010, 12:40 PM
That's pretty much it.

I think MU could be an upset team. Perhaps a 3-6 ranked team.

Based on talent they SHOULD have been top 10. They underachieved.

There is no legitimate excuse for dodging a NCAA playoff system...

Underachieved? This was an unranked team in the preseason. when the season started, we were supposed to be around 8-4.

allen_kcCard
11-29-2010, 12:41 PM
As long as we're rehasing all of this shit for the 1,000th time, I want to be first in with the Sod shot. Now, quick, somebody post the bowl of oranges! LMAO

Sorry, it has been too long, this is all that is left.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_xn-XSKk8Zfs/Sci_YZQBw6I/AAAAAAAACNU/-97_95PT6PU/s400/rotten-pumpkin_03-14-09_5118.JPG

Bambi
11-29-2010, 12:42 PM
I don't want to "make a BCS" game. I want to earn one. That said, if its not the NC game, and it doesn't help our team recruit down the line, I don't care what bowl it is.

Cool. CBS has you going to the Insight Bowl against Michigan.

Bowser
11-29-2010, 12:42 PM
Announced attendance for your last game was 6,361 which about 42% full. And, no, we're not talking about basketball, we're talking about fan bases and trends.

Ok, if true, point to you. However, I wouldn't damn the entire fanbase because they didn't pack the house to watch Arkansas Pine Bluff get demolished, especailly on Thanksgiving weekend.

I realize I'm ice skating up a hill when it comes to debating this subject with a KU fan, fans that generally base their self worth on how their basketball program is going.

Bambi
11-29-2010, 12:45 PM
Let me take a second to chuckle that once again a Missouri fan has taken time out of his day to start another thread bashing Kansas.

What gives?

You won the game. Isn't that enough?

Pants
11-29-2010, 12:46 PM
Ok, if true, point to you. However, I wouldn't damn the entire fanbase because they didn't pack the house to watch Arkansas Pine Bluff get demolished, especailly on Thanksgiving weekend.

I realize I'm ice skating up a hill when it comes to debating this subject with a KU fan, fans that generally base their self worth on how their basketball program is going.

Wait so let me get this straight... you wouldn't blame a fanbase for not showing up to see a non-con game their #11 team is playing because that's OK. But a fanbase that's tried to actually show up during a rebuild year of a terrible team and leaves the stadium during yet another blow out is just a shitty fanbase? Am I understanding you correctly?

|Zach|
11-29-2010, 12:46 PM
Let me take a second to chuckle that once again a Missouri fan has taken time out of his day to start another thread bashing Kansas.

What gives?

You won the game. Isn't that enough?

It made me laugh.

I thought it would make others laugh.

I was right.

Pants
11-29-2010, 12:49 PM
It made me laugh.

I was right.

I thought it was funny. Retarded fans make me laugh as well. It's also nice that every school has those. A lot of laughs to go around.

Bambi
11-29-2010, 12:50 PM
It made me laugh.

I was right.

Why are you so self conscious?

Something major in the form of an administrative move, a coach or player breaking the law, etc... might justify starting a new thread.

One that is meant to simply poke fun at one person on the internet who posted something stupid makes no sense to me. It's only done to incite fighting between rival fans. I just don't get it.

|Zach|
11-29-2010, 12:51 PM

Something major in the form of an administrative move, a coach or player breaking the law, etc... might justify starting a new thread.

One that is meant to simply poke fun at one person on the internet who posted something stupid makes no sense to me. It's only done to incite fighting between rival fans. I just don't get it.

LMAO

blaise
11-29-2010, 12:51 PM

The thread is 7 pages, so I think that shows the thread was worth starting.

Bowser
11-29-2010, 12:52 PM
Wait so let me get this straight... you wouldn't blame a fanbase for not showing up to see a non-con game their #11 team is playing because that's OK. But a fanbase that's tried to show up during a rebuild year of a terrible team and leaves the stadium during yet another blow out is just a shitty fanbase? Am I understanding you correctly?

No, you're not. I was making my points about Mizzou basketball, not KU football. KU football fans have generally always been fair weather. And if you want to talk to me about fans being loyal to a program (MU not filling the stadium), then include the KU fans that walked out on the Mizzou game. And you're going to have to further define "Tried".

Bambi
11-29-2010, 12:54 PM
The thread is 7 pages, so I think that shows the thread was worth starting.

1. Post something negative about KU

2. Whine about not getting picked to go to a BCS game because of low national appeal.

3. Say KU sucks.

repeat :clap:

luv
11-29-2010, 12:54 PM

Like someone starting a thread asking what all of the hate is for and saying he loves it?

People who play the victim card to incite fighting make me chuckle as well.

|Zach|
11-29-2010, 12:57 PM

2. Whine about not getting picked to go to a BCS game because of low national appeal.

3. Say KU sucks.

Your ability to reject reality and inject your own version of how things happen is to be admired.

Stay gold Pony Boy.

Pants
11-29-2010, 12:58 PM
No, you're not. I was making my points about Mizzou basketball, not KU football. KU football fans have generally always been fair weather. And if you want to talk to me about fans being loyal to a program (MU not filling the stadium), then include the KU fans that walked out on the Mizzou game. And you're going to have to further define "Tried".

Have you read my previous posts? Seriously? Am I talking to a wall? What is so hard to understand about the fact that any program is going to have trouble filling seats when their team is struggling, let a lone being dominated in almost every game? I guarantee you that if MU was getting blown out game in and game out, all these amazingly loyal MU fans would all of a sudden find better things to do on Saturdays. It is not hard to fill a stadium when your team is having success or even has a chance to be successful. DJ's nut explained to me why your other successful program is having issues, and that's why I'm not calling your fanbase shitty any more. It has nothing to do with football or basketball, it has everything to do with how successful a program is or rather unsuccessful. If your program sucks enough, people will not want to go see the weekly beatings.

P.S. By trying I mean an announced attendance of 40,851 (roughly 80%) during the CU game - a point in the season where everyone knows this team is going to lose yet people decide to show up (thankfully they won that day).

Bambi
11-29-2010, 12:59 PM
Your ability to reject reality and inject your own version of how things happen is to be admired.

Stay gold Pony Boy.

How many times do people need to tell you?

NO ONE WANTS TO WATCH MISSOURI FOOTBALL.

lol, there's a reason why your team always goes to shitty bowls

I tried to be nice, now I suppose it's time for the truth.

luv
11-29-2010, 01:02 PM
Sometimes, I'm amazed that we're all Chiefs fans.

|Zach|
11-29-2010, 01:03 PM

You were right to question me earlier.

I have no idea where I could have come away from your posts thinking you were passive aggressive.

LMAO

blaise
11-29-2010, 01:04 PM

3. Say KU sucks.

And here you are, posting your role.

Bambi
11-29-2010, 01:05 PM
You were right to question me earlier.

I have no idea where I could have come away from your posts thinking you were passive aggressive.

LMAO

They weren't. You're just a dick.

I still want MU to get to a BCS bowl. You are smaller than people I respect who went there.

Have a nice day.

blaise
11-29-2010, 01:05 PM

Which bowl is KU going to this year?

Rausch
11-29-2010, 01:06 PM
Underachieved? This was an unranked team in the preseason. when the season started, we were supposed to be around 8-4.

Because the talking heads said so or because that was all Mizzou was capable of?...

|Zach|
11-29-2010, 01:07 PM
They weren't. You're just a dick.

I still want MU to get to a BCS bowl. You are smaller than people I respect who went there.

Have a nice day.

Don't leave mad!

The girls are just about to start dancing to Jay Sean! LMAO

Bowser
Have you read my previous posts? Seriously? Am I talking to a wall? What is so hard to understand about the fact that any program is going to have trouble filling seats when their team is struggling, let a lone being dominated in almost every game? I guarantee you that if MU was getting blown out game in and game out, all these amazingly loyal MU fans would all of a sudden find better things to do on Saturdays. It is not hard to fill a stadium when your team is having success or even has a chance to be successful. DJ's nut explained to me why your other successful program is having issues, and that's why I'm not calling your fanbase shitty any more. It has nothing to do with football or basketball, it has everything to do with how successful a program is or rather unsuccessful. If your program sucks enough, people will not want to go see the weekly beatings.

P.S. By trying I mean an announced attendance of 40,851 (roughly 80%) during the CU game - a point in the season where everyone knows this team is going to lose yet people decide to show up (thankfully they won that day).I can't argue any of that. From the tone of your posts, I guess I couldn't decide if you were trying to defend KU, or trying to go on the offensive against MU. Mthinks you were working both angles there for a bit, heh.

Bambi

A thread like this asks for it.

Nothing new here.

Bambi
11-29-2010, 01:09 PM
Which bowl is KU going to this year?

They aren't. They have a new coach and no quarterback.

Like Texas they are finishing last in their division.

But you know this. :thumb:

Rausch
11-29-2010, 01:10 PM

Mostly it's the suck and hate that forms an angry singularity forcing all comments to one place.

Considering that, we all do play pretty well together...

|Zach|
11-29-2010, 01:11 PM
A thread like this asks for it.

Nothing new here.

Look. I am sorry.

Would it make you feel better if we gave the KU band their drum back?

Bowser
11-29-2010, 01:12 PM
Look. I am sorry.

Would it make you feel better if we gave the KU band their drum back?

LULZ

I said this thread needed Sam Hall earlier to be complete. Let me amend that it need a Hamas Jenkins sighting, as well.

Pitt Gorilla
11-29-2010, 01:13 PM
That's not my point at all, and I'm sure you know this because you're far from stupid. My point is that you can't blame a fanbase for not filling up a stadium for a team that is a gimpy cellar-dweller with a rich tradition of being one. THAT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN no matter where you look. You CAN, however blame a fanbase for not showing up to support an up and coming, #11 ranked program.You prefer bandwagon fans?

|Zach|
11-29-2010, 01:14 PM
Sadly I missed most of this game. I was shooting...in TOPEKA of all places. ROFL

Pants
11-29-2010, 01:15 PM
Look. I am sorry.

No you're not. You're kicking a man that is down (KU Football). Which is cool, Lord knows rivals love wallowing in each others failures.

|Zach|
11-29-2010, 01:17 PM
No you're not. You're kicking a man that is down (KU Football). Which is cool, Lord knows rivals love wallowing in each others failures.

You are being dramatic.

You were more spot on with your post about there always being stupid fans...its funny stuff. What this thread has become is another story.

"Kicking a man while he is down." LMAO

bobbything
I'm not sure I understand the "KU's support is pathetic" argument. Of course it's pathetic. The product put on the field is pathetic, and the attendance will reflect that. KU is no different than any other school (or professional sport) in that regard. Shitty product = shitty support.

What sucks are schools that don't fill up stadiums (or gyms) when the product is good because the fans insist they're "not a [insert sport here] town."

Yeah, there's a few B12 schools I'm looking at here...

Pitt Gorilla
If it's not a school that prides itself on its basketball program (i.e. Duke, Kansas, Syracuse, etc...), the basketball team simply isn't going to draw exceptionally well during football season against sub-standard schools.You could have stopped there. It's football season. Once that is over, people may begin to think about basketball.

Pants
11-29-2010, 01:18 PM
You are being dramatic.

You were more spot on with your post about there always being stupid fans...its funny stuff. What this thread has become is another story.

"Kicking a man while he is down." LMAO

I'm not being dramatic. KU football is atrocious right now, you guys are taking advantage of it. I'd be doing the same to you.

Bambi
11-29-2010, 01:19 PM
I'm not sure I understand the "KU's support is pathetic" argument. Of course it's pathetic. The product put on the field is pathetic, and the attendance will reflect that. KU is no different than any other school (or professional sport) in that regard. Shitty product = shitty support.

What sucks are schools that don't fill up stadiums (or gyms) when the product is good because the fans insist they're "not a [insert sport here] town."

Texas had all kinds of empty seats this season.

just sayin

bobbything
11-29-2010, 01:20 PM
Texas had all kinds of empty seats this season.

just sayin
Yar. They be one of the school's I'm eye'n.

Pants

This is simply common sense.

|Zach|
I'm not being dramatic. KU football is atrocious right now, you guys are taking advantage of it. I'd be doing the same to you.

This thread wasn't a knock on KU football. It was just a little funny slice of fandom and internet culture.

I mean...Wickedson did come in and sprinkle is magic Wickedson dust on the thread with his passive aggressiveness no doubt. Things usually spiral downward quickly when someone is that silly.

Saul Good
11-29-2010, 01:23 PM

Basketball is a seconday sport, period. When Mizzou is highly ranked in football, and football season is still going on, people aren't going to flock to watch a glorified scrimmage in a secondary sport.

Pants
11-29-2010, 01:23 PM
This thread wasn't a knock on KU football. It was just a little funny slice of fandom and internet culture.

I mean...Wickedson did come in and sprinkle is magic Wickedson dust on the thread with his passive aggressiveness no doubt. Things usually spiral downward quickly when someone is that silly.

I know what your intentions were, but it quickly turned into "KU football sucks."

Bambi
11-29-2010, 01:25 PM
Basketball is a seconday sport, period. When Mizzou is highly ranked in football, and football season is still going on, people aren't going to flock to watch a glorified scrimmage in a secondary sport.

Yep.

Football's over now. Season sure is short.

bobbything
What's the excuse gonna be once football season is over?

Bambi
I know what your intentions were, but it quickly turned into "KU football sucks."

Shitty fans! Empty seats!

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/0430/mlb_a_posada_576.jpg

luv

I didn't take the OP that way at all. It's about a moronic fan finding some way to keep the hate going (both the subject matter of the OP and the poster posting it here). Pretty much a typical rivalry thread.

|Zach|
Yep.

Shorter for some more so than others.

eazyb81
11-29-2010, 01:26 PM
You could have stopped there. It's football season. Once that is over, people may begin to think about basketball.

Exactly. Most Mizzou fans haven't even thought about basketball yet because we have a top 15 football team in November. It's the same for every other top football program.

Now that the regular season is over, more Mizzou fans will begin to focus on basketball. It sure is nice having two great programs to focus on.

Pants

Funny. KU fans flocked to both in 2007/2008 and even 2008/2009. Weird how that works since we're such a shitty fanbase.

|Zach|

Big 12 conference season? Yea. Mizzou arena does just fine for itself.

Saul Good
As a side note, MU beat Arkansas PB in basketball by the same margin we beat KU in football.

luv
Yep.

Your season is over. We have one more game.

Saul Good
11-29-2010, 01:29 PM

The excuse for our attendance at a secondary sport? I'm not sure that one is needed. The games are generally well-attended.

Saul Good
11-29-2010, 01:32 PM
Funny. KU fans flocked to both in 2007/2008 and even 2008/2009. Weird how that works since we're such a shitty fanbase.

If I ever accuse KU fans of not being front-runners, make sure you use this argument.

bobbything
11-29-2010, 01:55 PM
The excuse for our attendance at a secondary sport? I'm not sure that one is needed. The games are generally well-attended.
Well, 65% capacity I suppose is good for a "secondary sport."

Pants
11-29-2010, 01:59 PM
If I ever accuse KU fans of not being front-runners, make sure you use this argument.

LMAO