PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Special Teams Like Special Ed

Beef Supreme
11-29-2010, 09:15 AM
What the bleep is wrong with our special teams? A blocked field goal, a blocked punt, kick returners getting creamed as soon as they catch the ball, a kicker that can't kick the ball further than 40 yards on a kickoff.....

I'm just sayin.

KcFaNiNJerZeY
11-29-2010, 09:17 AM
I think it was windy out there with the kicker situation, because the Seattle kicker wasn't kicking off the fair either. The other shit was just terrible, we need DMC back to run those punts...Arenas just doesn't have it IMO.

Bane
11-29-2010, 09:18 AM
Scoreboard.

talastan
11-29-2010, 09:21 AM
I'm curious as to why this is as well? It seems that since IMO about week six we've been steadily declining in production in almost all phases of our ST unit. Anyone have any insight or opinion as to why? :shrug:

Molitoth
11-29-2010, 09:23 AM
I don't recall see'ing Succop kick a Touchback all year. In fact, digging into some stats, I would say our opponents are starting with near the best field position in the league. (But I could be wrong)

Anyone want to enlighten me?

Fansy the Famous Bard
11-29-2010, 09:24 AM
I think it was windy out there with the kicker situation, because the Seattle kicker wasn't kicking off the fair either. The other shit was just terrible, we need DMC back to run those punts...Arenas just doesn't have it IMO.

Huh? Arenas has been doing quite well returning the punts... The punt return game has had one problem... one of the gunners has been getting a shot at the punt man on every kick. They cannot run down unimpeded like they have been.

Chiefshrink
11-29-2010, 09:32 AM
You gotta give props to the Seahags ST coach for picking something up in film study that they thought they could exploit and did:thumb:

ST=Field position and potential pts.

We need to clean it up for sure:rolleyes:

Slainte
11-29-2010, 09:34 AM
I don't recall see'ing Succop kick a Touchback all year.

He had a couple vs Arizona last week. I remembered them because they have been few and far between this year. I wonder if he isn't hurt in some way?

Chiefshrink
11-29-2010, 09:35 AM
I'm curious as to why this is as well? It seems that since IMO about week six we've been steadily declining in production in almost all phases of our ST unit. Anyone have any insight or opinion as to why? :shrug:

Maybe there has been a shuffling of too many players due to a variety of reasons and those new guys don't quite get it and thus you lose intensity and chemistry:shrug: I don't know but it is a good question:thumb:

Frosty
11-29-2010, 09:46 AM
I got the impression that the kick-offs were short on purpose when going against a good returner. It looks like they are trying to kick them really high so that the coverage team can get down there close to when the ball arrives.

The blocking for the punt returns has been awful. Arenas is going to get killed if he doesn't start to get better about learning when to fair catch.

RealSNR
11-29-2010, 10:01 AM
I got the impression that the kick-offs were short on purpose when going against a good returner. It looks like they are trying to kick them really high so that the coverage team can get down there close to when the ball arrives.

This.

Leave the crown jewel of the 2009 draft alone, guys. He's doing great