PDA

View Full Version : Football Andre Johnson: Fined, not suspended

DJ's left nut
11-29-2010, 04:59 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81c83d07/article/texans-johnson-titans-finnegan-each-fined-25k-for-fight?module=HP_headlines

You mad?

I'm torn. The fact is that you can't allow punches on a football field. At the same time, Finnegan was busting him in the jaw all day and it wasn't like AJ swung his helmet at him.

Ultimately I think I'd have dropped a heavier fine on both of them, but I don't think I'd have suspended him either.

(Tangentish - Courtland Finnegan is a MFing douche, glad someone gave him a bit of a pop...)

Bane
11-29-2010, 05:02 PM
Sounds ok to me.

Scorp
11-29-2010, 05:03 PM
Bottom line for me is, if you throw a punch you should be suspended. AJ threw a flurry of 3 punches.

DJ's left nut
11-29-2010, 05:04 PM
Wanna know Finnegan's reputation in the league?

Andre Johnson was given a game ball by Houston.

If Richard Seymore doesn't get suspended, AJ damn sure can't.

Bane
11-29-2010, 05:05 PM
Wanna know Finnegan's reputation in the league?

That's the main reason I said I'm ok with it.Next time he has to sit for a whole game or so and pay up.

BigMeatballDave
11-29-2010, 05:05 PM
Didnt think he would receive a suspension. Seymour didnt get one, no way Johnson was going to.

chasedude
11-29-2010, 05:06 PM

This. It would create a double standard if AJ was and Seymore not.

My thought though is both should be suspended.`1`1

notorious
11-29-2010, 05:06 PM
Holy fucking shit! Seymour didn't get suspended?!

Wow.

TheGuardian
11-29-2010, 05:07 PM
Well when you are ejected from the game, they look at that as part of the "suspension" from my understanding.

Second, AJ has never been ejected from a game before or leveled a fine for dirty play. Seymour should have been suspended IMO because the guy was thrown out of a game just last December. He's dirty. Fuck him.

Bane
11-29-2010, 05:07 PM
This. It would create a double standard if AJ was and Seymore not.

My thought though is both should be suspended.`1`1

Make them both play 1 game for the Broncos and they'll never act up again.

pr_capone
11-29-2010, 05:08 PM
http://i53.tinypic.com/11abqc8.jpg

Pants
11-29-2010, 05:08 PM
They need to allow fights in the NFL like they do in hokey. You don't stop it until someone goes down. I wanted to see Finnegan get knocked the fuck out. Just seeing him clap and laugh because he got a reaction from AJ made me want to hit his face with a baseball bat.

-King-
11-29-2010, 05:09 PM
http://i53.tinypic.com/11abqc8.jpg

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL Pure greatness!

DJ's left nut
11-29-2010, 05:09 PM
Well when you are ejected from the game, they look at that as part of the "suspension" from my understanding.

Second, AJ has never been ejected from a game before or leveled a fine for dirty play. Seymour should have been suspended IMO because the guy was thrown out of a game just last December. He's dirty. **** him.

He got tossed in the 4th quarter of a blowout. If they considered his ejection, they couldn't have counted it for much.

Ultimately I think it all comes down to the Seymore ruling.

Now I'm really looking forward to the ruling on that James Harrison hit. Yet another helmet to helmet shot on a quarterback by the guy that the rule was pretty much written for. Another leading with the crown shot, no less.

I'll concede that I simply dislike James Harrison...a lot. So I'm not exactly objective when it comes to him, but how can he avoid a suspension at this point? It'll be the 3rd such fine in something like 6 weeks since they instituted these rules.

You have to sit him down for a day, don't you?

Bane
11-29-2010, 05:10 PM
They need to allow fights in the NFL like they do in hokey. You don't stop it until someone goes down. I wanted to see Finnegan get knocked the **** out. Just seeing him clap and laugh because he got a reaction from AJ made me want to hit his face with a baseball bat.

Yeah then he tried to play it off by talking to the sideline and all.He knows he had his ass handed to him and I love every second of it.FUCK him.

ReynardMuldrake
11-29-2010, 05:20 PM
They both got off too easy. Seymour too.

Useful Idiot
11-29-2010, 05:44 PM

He was given the game ball for his record as the first and only player in NFL history to record 70 catches in his first 8 seasons.

not for beating tits players face in.

although, the game ball probably should have went to Glover Quinn for his 3 INTs.

The Franchise
11-29-2010, 05:48 PM
FWIW.....and I'm still trying to find the link but I read that before the play where the fight took place....

Cortland looked over at the Texan's sideline and said "Watch this".

The Franchise
11-29-2010, 05:48 PM
And someone tell me why Cortland has a Kyle Broflowski Jew Fro

Extra Point
11-29-2010, 05:51 PM
That's the main reason I said I'm ok with it.Next time he has to sit for a whole game or so and pay up.

Yeah. The next time they play HOU, and Finnegan doesn't start it. That game will be played in Pig's Ass Stadium.

ForeverChiefs58
11-29-2010, 05:53 PM
yeah but AJ put his hands on the ref, I always thought that was automatic suspension.

BryanBusby
11-29-2010, 06:03 PM
Stay awesome, NFL.

"We care about head injuries" *Dude that punches another in the back of the ****ing head multiple times gets slap on the wrist*

yeah but AJ put his hands on the ref, I always thought that was automatic suspension.
ejection

ForeverChiefs58
11-29-2010, 06:10 PM
Hell you get fined for even talking bad about a ref, you should be suspended for putting your hands on them in any violent way.

DrRyan
11-29-2010, 06:10 PM
FWIW.....and I'm still trying to find the link but I read that before the play where the fight took place....

Cortland looked over at the Texan's sideline and said "Watch this".

I heard this being talked about on local sports radio down here. Finnegan is also the guy that when the "dirtiest player in the league" list came out last year with Hines Ward at #1 and him at #6 said something to the effect that he will aspire to be the dirtiest player in the league.

Ditka also said he would applaud him(AJ) if he was his coach saying, "when a snake bites your ankle, you can't fault the guy for stepping on his head."(Paraphrased, but you get the just of it.)

LaChapelle
11-29-2010, 06:19 PM
Finnegan wants to be the Romo of his generation

OnTheWarpath15
11-29-2010, 06:24 PM
First time offender, and Finnegan was the instigator, and one of the dirtiest players in the league.

I have no problem with it, other than AJ risking his health - duh, you're a WR, breaking your hand wouldn't be cool - over a dirtbag like Finnegan.

SAUTO
11-29-2010, 06:37 PM
Well when you are ejected from the game, they look at that as part of the "suspension" from my understanding. Second, AJ has never been ejected from a game before or leveled a fine for dirty play. Seymour should have been suspended IMO because the guy was thrown out of a game just last December. He's dirty. Fuck him. i could be wrong but i thought he was fined for an altercation with finnegan last year Posted via Mobile Device

Bane
11-29-2010, 06:39 PM
i could be wrong but i thought he was fined for an altercation with finnegan last year Posted via Mobile Device

Yes he was fined for ripping his helmet off.

Chiefs Rool
11-29-2010, 06:45 PM
I hope D-Bowe whipps his ass at the end of the 4th quarter when we play them, then he can just pay that $25K fine and move on.

chiefzilla1501
11-29-2010, 07:30 PM
He got tossed in the 4th quarter of a blowout. If they considered his ejection, they couldn't have counted it for much.

Ultimately I think it all comes down to the Seymore ruling.

Now I'm really looking forward to the ruling on that James Harrison hit. Yet another helmet to helmet shot on a quarterback by the guy that the rule was pretty much written for. Another leading with the crown shot, no less.

I'll concede that I simply dislike James Harrison...a lot. So I'm not exactly objective when it comes to him, but how can he avoid a suspension at this point? It'll be the 3rd such fine in something like 6 weeks since they instituted these rules.

You have to sit him down for a day, don't you?

Issue I have is, if you're fining to prevent injury, regardless of circumstance, don't know how a helmet to helmet hit is considered more dangerous than a direct fist to a bare head. Especially since a punch is intentional whereas a lunge hit is a dirty illegal hit that's arguably in the spirit of intense play.

Marcellus
11-29-2010, 07:36 PM
He was given the game ball for his record as the first and only player in NFL history to record 70 catches in his first 8 seasons.

not for beating tits players face in.

although, the game ball probably should have went to Glover Quinn for his 3 INTs.

No shit, it looked pretty tough to catch any ball thrown by Rusty Smith.

KC_Lee
11-29-2010, 07:48 PM
The Jeff Fisher vs. Bud Adams duel that has been playing out since VY was drafted has been epic to watch. Cannot wait for Bowe vs. Innegan match up.

blaise
12-02-2010, 08:37 AM
I searched and didn't see this posted. I thought it was interesting. They actually had Andre Johnson mic'd up for the Titans game and there's a few good lines in there. Like when Shaub tells the huddle the Titans are trying to bait them, and when Johnson tells Finnegan, "Don't get frustrated."

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jSCbzw2rkMo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jSCbzw2rkMo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
12-02-2010, 08:53 AM
AJ sounds like a god damn monster. He needs to be a voice actor after he retires.

Also, Schaub seems nerdier than Cassel

Rausch
12-02-2010, 08:55 AM
I think it's total bull$#it to threaten suspensions for defensive hits that are accidental or without malice and NOT suspend two guys fucking trying to seriously injure one another...

Rausch
12-02-2010, 09:02 AM
Finnegan wants to be the Romo of his generation

Before Johnson ripped his head off Finnegan pretty much just punched him in the face.

Right off the bat hands to the face.

Chiefnj2
12-02-2010, 09:10 AM
In the mic'd up clips they cut short the after-fight. I'm pretty sure AJ slapped the ref's hands off of him. That deserves a suspension.

Sofa King
12-02-2010, 09:12 AM
http://www.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs4/1423417_o.gif

Molitoth
12-02-2010, 09:14 AM
AJ is a classy guy and FInnegan is a little punk ass bitch. I think he started it, and AJ finished it. Well deserved. I'm glad AJ didn't get suspended.

Rausch
12-02-2010, 09:14 AM
http://www.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs4/1423417_o.gif

Incidental contact.

If he wouldn't have started that incident Finnegan wouldn't have to contact a chiropractor...

Rausch
12-02-2010, 09:16 AM
AJ is a classy guy and FInnegan is a little punk ass bitch. I think he started it, and AJ finished it. Well deserved. I'm glad AJ didn't get suspended.

I'm not.

You get dacked in the face you're going to respond, I get that. But a brawl is a brawl.

MUCH worse than 1/2 the hits fines (and possible suspensions) are being handed out for...

DJ's left nut
12-02-2010, 09:23 AM
I like AJ even more now.

He did what he could there. He went to the ref and advised him what was going on and the refs didn't step in and put a stop to it. That's a simple 'illegal hands to the face' flag and if they throw it everytime Finnegan does it, he stops.

That's the refs fault for not taking care of a known issue.

AJ's a badass and this will be the beginning of the end for Finnegan. The league will be watching him, as will the officials. He's going to get no quarter from anyone and I'd imagine he'll begin his slow descent into irrelevance pretty shortly.

Molitoth
12-02-2010, 10:28 AM
MUCH worse than 1/2 the hits fines (and possible suspensions) are being handed out for...

I understand that... the NFL is turning into the pussy league. They need to stop with a lot of these bullshit fines.

salame
12-02-2010, 10:53 AM
I've always hated FInnegan

The Franchise
12-02-2010, 11:00 AM
I like AJ even more now.

He did what he could there. He went to the ref and advised him what was going on and the refs didn't step in and put a stop to it. That's a simple 'illegal hands to the face' flag and if they throw it everytime Finnegan does it, he stops.

That's the refs fault for not taking care of a known issue.

AJ's a badass and this will be the beginning of the end for Finnegan. The league will be watching him, as will the officials. He's going to get no quarter from anyone and I'd imagine he'll begin his slow descent into irrelevance pretty shortly.

This.

BigChiefFan
12-02-2010, 11:17 AM
I think it's total bull$#it to threaten suspensions for defensive hits that are accidental or without malice and NOT suspend two guys ****ing trying to seriously injure one another...Agreed. Goodell is a joke of a commisioner.

Rexx
12-02-2010, 11:25 AM
No doubt, Johnson should have been suspended. You can't start clubbing a guy like that and not be suspended. Hard to believe a guy throwing blows gets the same fine as a guy making a sack (granted, leading with his head a tad).

Valiant
12-02-2010, 12:56 PM
I think it's total bull$#it to threaten suspensions for defensive hits that are accidental or without malice and NOT suspend two guys ****ing trying to seriously injure one another...

Agreed.. should at least be 75k or whatever a h2h hit costs.. fucking nfl..

Braincase
12-02-2010, 02:18 PM
I hope Bowe and Moeaki run crossing patterns and clean Finnegan's clock. I don't care about the flag. Just lay that punk bitch out.

GloryDayz
12-02-2010, 07:26 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81c83d07/article/texans-johnson-titans-finnegan-each-fined-25k-for-fight?module=HP_headlines

You mad?

I'm torn. The fact is that you can't allow punches on a football field. At the same time, Finnegan was busting him in the jaw all day and it wasn't like AJ swung his helmet at him.

Ultimately I think I'd have dropped a heavier fine on both of them, but I don't think I'd have suspended him either.

(Tangentish - Courtland Finnegan is a MFing douche, glad someone gave him a bit of a pop...)

Good, I'm entertained by his fights...