PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Haley won’t discuss Broncos’ ‘Spygate’ troubles

Tribal Warfare
11-30-2010, 01:50 AM
Haley won’t discuss Broncos’ ‘Spygate’ troubles (http://www.kansascity.com/2010/11/29/2483003/haley-wont-discuss-broncos-spygate.html)

Haley mum on McDaniels, “Spygate”

Don’t mention the Denver Broncos or coach Josh McDaniels until Wednesday.

Two weeks ago, Chiefs coach Todd Haley apologized for not shaking McDaniels’ hand following a 49-29 loss at Denver, though Haley certainly had something on his mind when he told McDaniels about “stuff” people are saying about the Denver coach.

Now, in the wake of Denver being caught videotaping a San Francisco walkthrough and McDaniels being fined $50,000 for not reporting it, we may know what that “stuff” was.

But Haley elected not to address the matter during his Monday news conference.

“I’m going to stay out of that,” Haley said. “I’ll save more Denver for Wednesday, but it will be strictly about us getting to play our biggest game of the year.”

When asked his general reaction to the Denver version of “Spygate,” Haley sidestepped the question.

“I’m completely out of it,” Haley said. “I’m going to enjoy (Sunday’s win) for two more hours because that was a great win for us. A great win. Then we’re going to get back to business of getting ready to win our biggest game of the year … against a team that whipped our butts pretty good just two weeks ago.”

•Haley had an amusing take on 325-pound defensive lineman Shaun Smith’s 1-yard touchdown run, making him the first player since the Bears’ William “Refrigerator” Perry in 1985 with a rushing touchdown and a sack in the same game.

“Sometimes Shaun has a hard time fitting through a door in general, but now it might be a head problem,” Haley joked.

“Shaun was productive on defense and he’s got some natural ability handling the football, which is always the risk when you’re giving the ball to somebody different than who’s used to getting it.

“We had a couple of unblocked guys, and he did a good job of pushing … (with) second effort … we’ll see if we let that (short-yardage) package grow … pardon the pun.”

TinyEvel
11-30-2010, 02:55 AM
Oh man, there must be like three ballsack grabbing puns in there MINIMUM! :clap:

michaelj_58
11-30-2010, 04:25 AM
nothing like a cheater.

Fritz88
11-30-2010, 05:03 AM
ROFL @ the package growth remark.
Posted via Mobile Device

InChiefsHeaven
11-30-2010, 06:24 AM
What?? Haley had nothing to say about Spygate II?? Absolutely shocking!

Earthling
11-30-2010, 07:34 AM
Haley won’t discuss Broncos’ ‘Spygate’ troubles (http://www.kansascity.com/2010/11/29/2483003/haley-wont-discuss-broncos-spygate.html)

Haley mum on McDaniels, “Spygate”

“Sometimes Shaun has a hard time fitting through a door in general, but now it might be a head problem,” Haley joked.

ROFLROFL