PDA

View Full Version : Football Aqib Talib lol

Titty Meat
12-01-2010, 01:10 AM
http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/nfl-looks-into-altercation-involving-tampa-bay-buccaneers-aqib-talib/1137168

The NFL is "looking into" a profanity-laced altercation between Bucs cornerback Aqib Talib and a member of the officiating crew after the Bucs' 17-10 loss at Baltimore, said Greg Aiello, the league's senior vice president of public relations.

Talib expressed displeasure with a pass-interference penalty called on rookie Myron Lewis late in the second quarter by field judge Boris Cheek, and the two exchanged words on the field.

After the game, while walking through the tunnel to the locker room, Talib volleyed a series of expletives at the officiating crew, whose locker room was a short distance from that of the Bucs. That prompted an unidentified member of referee Carl Cheffers' crew to respond, "You play like a (expletive)."

Talib became more demonstrative and was restrained by teammates, then he responded by telling the official, "I'll (hit) you in your (expletive) mouth."

Stephen F. Holder and Rick Stroud, Times staff writers

MIAdragon
12-01-2010, 01:13 AM
Stay classy bitch

Shogun
12-01-2010, 01:13 AM
He was coached by Mangino, he should be used to that. He couldn't be a chief though, Haley would yell at him like that every day.

Pants
12-01-2010, 08:04 AM
Did you guys see that insane pick he had with his legs? Dude is amazing.

Mr. Plow
12-01-2010, 08:46 AM
15 picks in first 3 years....he's gonna be a good corner.

Al Bundy
12-01-2010, 09:08 AM
The refs made a HORRIBLE call. Aqib handled it wrongly, however there will be no punishment.

Bambi
12-01-2010, 09:11 AM
Another day, another highlite

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ziF9GS8aflk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ziF9GS8aflk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

salame
12-01-2010, 09:12 AM
he is a good corner
ref should be in more trouble as they are in charge of the flow of the game, If that ref flagged him even once during that game he should be suspended as it's obvious he 1.has a grudge against talib or 2. is a mizzou fan

Al Bundy
12-01-2010, 09:16 AM
Another day, another highlite

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ziF9GS8aflk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ziF9GS8aflk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

That was the play that the defense died. Lost the best player on defense and as soon as Baltimore got the ball back Barrett Ruudy and Pisspoorcatelli (Who got cut yesterday) immediately gave up a long touchdown.

mikeyis4dcats.
12-01-2010, 09:18 AM
Did you guys see that insane pick he had with his legs? Dude is amazing.

I wouldn't call him amazing because of that, it was simply a very lucky incident. That wasn't based on any football skill.

Pants
12-01-2010, 10:05 AM
I wouldn't call him amazing because of that, it was simply a very lucky incident. That wasn't based on any football skill.

Sure thing buddy, he wasn't even trying. It was just luck. LMAO

gblowfish
12-01-2010, 10:08 AM
Isn't Aqib Talib a terrorist suspect in Gitmo?

Pants
12-01-2010, 10:09 AM
Isn't Aqib Talib a terrorist suspect in Gitmo?
No, he's a badass corner that plays for Tampa Bay.

gblowfish
12-01-2010, 10:13 AM
You sure?
Tampa isn't that far from Gitmo...

sedated
12-01-2010, 10:15 AM
"You play like a (expletive)"

I'd love to know what that (expletive) was.

Pants
12-01-2010, 10:16 AM

Pussy.

Pants
12-01-2010, 10:16 AM
You sure?
Tampa isn't that far from Gitmo...

Ya, I'm pretty sure.

Rain Man
12-01-2010, 10:26 AM

Bronco.

DJ's left nut
12-01-2010, 10:38 AM
Talib's a good 'risk' corner.

He likes to ball-hawk. At the same time, those same instincts get his ass torched quite a bit. He'll peak in the backfield to try to steal a pick and the next thing he knows he's getting smoked on a double-move.

I honestly think we'd hate him. He's a balls/bust defensive back and we can't have that if we're going to run this bend but don't break defense.

In all honesty - I'd take Carr over him; I just think he's a steadier corner and a more sound fit (and Flowers is a no-contest).

There's no denying that he has ball skills though. He's going to be among the league leaders in picks every year.

Bambi
12-01-2010, 12:37 PM
Talib's a good 'risk' corner.

He likes to ball-hawk. At the same time, those same instincts get his ass torched quite a bit. He'll peak in the backfield to try to steal a pick and the next thing he knows he's getting smoked on a double-move.

I honestly think we'd hate him. He's a balls/bust defensive back and we can't have that if we're going to run this bend but don't break defense.

In all honesty - I'd take Carr over him; I just think he's a steadier corner and a more sound fit (and Flowers is a no-contest).

There's no denying that he has ball skills though. He's going to be among the league leaders in picks every year.

If I was starting a team from scratch I would take Talib because of that big play ability he's got.

But you're right when talking about a defensive backfield in the pros being completely dependent on being a unit. In that case Carr has been a good fit for the Chiefs so far in his career.

WilliamTheIrish
12-01-2010, 12:44 PM
The officials clearly dicked Tampa on that late PI for the arm bar. Yea, he impeded the receiver but that call was horrid and it led to the margin of victory.

Bowser
12-01-2010, 12:50 PM
The dude got into a fight at the rookie symposium. Of course he's bad mouthing officials.

Pants
12-01-2010, 12:51 PM
The dude got into a fight at the rookie symposium. Of course he's bad mouthing officials.

Yeah, dude, he's a badass. BFlow was mouthing the official too, but I don't think he's a troublemaker like Aqib. It's the drive in them, son.

Bowser
12-01-2010, 12:52 PM
Yeah, dude, he's a badass. BFlow was mouthing the official too, but I don't think he's a troublemaker like Aqib. It's the drive in them, son.

HE'S GOT A CHAMPION'S HEART [/Wickedpants]

Bane
12-01-2010, 12:52 PM
Bronco.

I wish!
Posted via Mobile Device

Bowser
12-01-2010, 12:54 PM
And really, there isn't a tem that wouldn't have Talib on their roster. He's just a hothead.

Chief_For_Life58
12-01-2010, 12:56 PM
you play like a bizzznitch! ahahhaha yea aquib is the man. gonna be a damn good corner for some time aslong as he stays healthy. hope he does. GO CHIEFS!! LETS GOO

DJ's left nut
12-01-2010, 12:58 PM
And really, there isn't a tem that wouldn't have Talib on their roster. He's just a hothead.

Thinking out loud here - wouldn't he make a pretty ideal FS?

Premier ball-skills and pretty good size for a corner. He's not the most athletic CB you'll see and his footspeed is about average for DB but he makes up for it with some guile and aggression.

Now you'd have to figure out a way to get him to dial it down a little if he's your last line of defense, but with the play in front of him, he shouldn't be as susceptible to the double moves and could just play CF.

Imagine a guy like Talib alongside Berry in the secondary with Flowers and Carr on the outside.

Talib just seems a little mis-cast as a CB.

LaChapelle
12-01-2010, 12:59 PM
Not our problem

Chief_For_Life58
12-01-2010, 01:01 PM
aquib at fs might not be that bad. he might not be a good open field tackler and so he always played corner cus of his out ride agility and speed. not a bad idea tho. i like k lewish i think he can blossum into something good for us

Titty Meat
12-01-2010, 01:42 PM

Me too I find it funny the story was about Talib. Sure he might have provoked it but the refs talking to a player like that is unacceptable.

mikeyis4dcats.
12-01-2010, 01:43 PM
Sure thing buddy, he wasn't even trying. It was just luck. LMAO

Catching a pass between your legs isn't a football skill, it was pure luck. Period.

No different than Denis Clemente making the shot off the KSU jumbotron from half court in HORSE....pure luck that the ball made it.

siberian khatru
12-01-2010, 01:44 PM
Me too I find it funny the story was about Talib. Sure he might have provoked it but the refs talking to a player like that is unacceptable.

As Pants said, it was "pussy."

InChiefsHeaven
12-01-2010, 01:47 PM

Meh. It was after the game. They are human too. Talib should have let it go after the game but instead starts hurling insults into the ref's locker room...

...actually, it presents a pretty funny mental image of a bunch of refs in various stages of dress listening to Talib freaking out in the corridor...making faces at each other and laughing under their breath...till finally one of them shouts "YOu play like a pussy!" and they all erupt in silent laughter as he freaks out even more...

Thig Lyfe
12-01-2010, 01:57 PM
Talib volleyed a series of expletives at the officiating crew

"Now that's a goldmine."

- Turner Gill