PDA

View Full Version : Football Thomas Jones on Rome Show-Can't Help But Like Him

vailpass
12-03-2010, 02:41 PM
T. Jones was on the Rome show today. You all may be familiar with him but I am not.
Seemed like a guy you'd like to have a beer with. PUrsuing his Master's degree, a coal miner's son, nothing but Love for the Jets even though he could be justified in talking mess. Said Jammall Charles is a great young back and he is just finw iwth splitting carries. Spoke very highly of KC. as a city and football town. Talked about Friday being his light day in the weight room then described what he lifts on Fridays.

Likeable dude.

|Zach|
12-03-2010, 02:43 PM
On splitting carries: "Each season is different. With the way this league is, and the running game being as important as it is in this time of year when it starts to get cold, I'm glad i'm in a situation where we have two backs. It keeps me fresh."

On Jamaal Charles: "Jamaal is a great kid, a great plyaer, one of the best running backs I've been around."

On playing in KC: "This has been a great experience for me. Kansas City is a great city. Like you said, they love fotoball. It almost feels like I'm back at the University of Virginia."

On the BBQ: "The best barbecue here is probably the best barbecue I've ever had, so that's not bad either."

On his game: "I still feel I can do all the things I've done in the past."

On Dwayne Bowe: "Dwayne Bowe is having an amazing year. He's kind of the prototype receiver, physically, and him and Matt have a good relationship and a great chemistry now. Sometimes it just takes some repetitions and being in tough situations for people to grow. Dwayne Bowe is one of the best receivers in the league and it's starting to show."

On getting his Master's degree: "I need 15 credits for my Master's in Education and that's something I'm defintiely going to go back to the University of Virginia to get. It's something that's really important. It's something you can always say you did."

On the Master's and the scholarships: "I'm as proud of those things as I am with football. i come from a family where education was stressed."

Deberg_1990
12-03-2010, 02:44 PM
Thomas Jones needs more carries.

cdirty
12-03-2010, 02:45 PM
yea it was a great interview.

awesome how he was supposed to be on an earlier hour but he was in the weight room.

MVChiefFan
12-03-2010, 02:47 PM
Thomas Jones needs more lifting on fridays...his arms aren't nearly big enough.

chasedude
12-03-2010, 02:50 PM
Makes me like the man that much more. Positive influences like this in the locker room is also a great bonus you don't see on the field.

ReynardMuldrake
12-03-2010, 02:52 PM
Do they stream the show online? I wouldn't mind watching it.

Consistent1
12-03-2010, 03:12 PM
Jones has been nothing but a positive for this team. People on here kept going on about Charles getting more work and all that shit. Now Charles has plenty of yards anyway and low miles on carries for the year. Now, with it being the crazy year it is, this team might actually get in the playoffs. You never know then, but having these two backs could contribute to actually getting a playoff win if things go just the right way. We shall see on that, but TJ also seems to be a real positive influence in general.

Chief DJBrad
12-03-2010, 03:25 PM
I live in Illinois and am surrounded by Bears fans.I told them years ago they made a huge mistake by letting him go.1400 yards for the Jets and they let him go .He has never got the love or paycheck he deserves-he is a winner.Fantastic sighning by Piolo and Haley these are the moves you make to get to the SuperBowl.The Chiefs will be in the Superbowl in 2012-bank on it!!

Lonewolf Ed
12-03-2010, 03:35 PM
I live in Illinois and am surrounded by Bears fans.I told them years ago they made a huge mistake by letting him go.1400 yards for the Jets and they let him go .He has never got the love or paycheck he deserves-he is a winner.Fantastic sighning by Piolo and Haley these are the moves you make to get to the SuperBowl.The Chiefs will be in the Superbowl in 2012-bank on it!!

Don't be teasing now! It's not nice!

I hope you are right, though.

Hydrae
12-03-2010, 03:44 PM

The man does have a ring from his time in Tampa. I have thought he was a good back ever since he was drafted by a horrible Cardinals team, went to Tampa, Chicago, NY Jets and finally he is here. The thing I have never understood is why noone has used him as a receiver out of the backfield more.

the Talking Can
12-03-2010, 03:47 PM
We should trade him for Brady Quim

-King-
12-03-2010, 03:48 PM
Of all the guys in the league to learn from, I think Thomas Jones is the exact player Charles needs. No better influence than him. Has been great on the field and even greater off.

ReynardMuldrake
12-03-2010, 03:51 PM
Of all the guys in the league to learn from, I think Thomas Jones is the exact player Charles needs. No better influence than him. Has been great on the field and even greater off.

Charles is a little shy, he really needs that big brother figure to stick up for him. They compliment each other very well, none of that backstabbing some tandem backs have.

DMAC
12-03-2010, 04:12 PM
Thomas Jones is REEDICULOUUUUUUUUS

Pitt Gorilla
12-03-2010, 04:13 PM
Thomas Jones needs more credits.He's hittin the books!

-King-
12-03-2010, 04:19 PM
Jamaarrrr Charles.

Thomarrrrrr Jones.

zonachief
12-03-2010, 08:09 PM
From what Haley said in a pressed earlier tj has a super intense personality and that could be why he never latched on anywhere. Love what he has done so far in kc.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

2bikemike
12-03-2010, 08:33 PM
I can't really fathom how all those teams kept letting him walk. This guy is the consummate Pro.

CoMoChief
12-03-2010, 08:34 PM
He's no Bernie Parmalee, that's for sure.

ChiefsCountry
12-03-2010, 09:26 PM
We should trade him for Brady Quim

How McDaniels gets boned in those trades - we would have Tom Brady/Joe Montana/Peyton Manning all wrapped into one. :thumb: