PDA

View Full Version : Nebraska Mellinger: Nebraska fans’ anger mars Huskers’ Big 12 farewell

KcMizzou
12-03-2010, 04:47 PM
This seems pretty spot-on.

Mellinger: Nebraska fans’ anger mars Huskers’ Big 12 farewell

SAM MELLINGER COMMENTARY

Nebraska football fans won’t like this column. Cold truths are hard to take, and a lot of Huskers fans are spending this farewell football season deflecting and misdirecting cold truths.

Too many of them just don’t understand why people in what’s left of the Big 12 are annoyed at them, the school, the fans and the coach. So they won’t like reading what’s to follow.

That’s OK. Folks in the rest of the Big 12 might not like this column, either. Because their truth is easier to explain and harder to take than Nebraska’s — with much worse potential consequences.

Let’s start with the part that Huskers fans won’t like.

They’re too self-important to see what’s going on in the lead-in to the final Big 12 championship football game between Nebraska and Oklahoma on Saturday night.

Huskers fans are imagining conspiracies against their team, convinced that anyone else’s dislike is code for jealousy of all Nebraska’s awesomeness. They’re completely oblivious that it’s not necessarily the decision to leave for the Big Ten that ticks people off.

People are ticked at how it’s happening.

“The ‘how’ situation is a fair thing,” says Tom Ruud, inducted to the school’s Hall of Fame as a linebacker.

The arrogance came from the very start. Nebraska folks hate it when that word is tied to their school, but it’s true. If history is any indication, Huskers fans will lash back at being called arrogant by e-mailing about how great they are.

Nebraska self-importance comes in constant references to past success, in seeing Big Ten acceptance as license to slam a group that’s been good enough for them for decades, and, most of all, in the inability to recognize that the whole thing is wrecking a reputation of class and dignity that took so long to build and promote.

For decades, Nebraska football and its fans stood for something. The rest of us mostly admired them, a program succeeding in a place it shouldn’t, a remarkable consistency and very real bond between players and the citizens who rooted them on. In so many ways, that’s ruined.

When asked if he cares, Nebraska booster Roger Brown said, simply: “No.”

With all respect, he knows that’s hard to believe.

Being a Huskers fan is engrained in that state’s DNA and personality in a way unlike any other place in the country.

They applauded the other team after games — win or lose — set an ongoing NCAA record for consecutive sellouts, and even if the narrative became exaggerated, Nebraska fans became thought of by many as decent people. Well-liked, even, in a way that Kansas and Missouri and Kansas State will probably never know.

That’s often a very good thing, but it’s also true that through all their winning and cheering, Nebraska fans never received much pushback. Now that it’s here, they have no idea how to handle it.

First, the administration blamed Texas and conference leadership. Then some fans blamed Mizzou and, in the last month or so, have come close to losing their collective sanity. They see the league’s suspension of a backup linebacker as proof of conspiracy, harass referees, flood the conference office with threats of violence, then whine when nobody shows up to present the North Division trophy.

Every school has some nutjobs, but c’mon, this is college football’s classiest fan base?

In other words, they’re not who they claimed to be. They’re a whole lot like everyone else.

Most of the rest of us aren’t mad they’re leaving. We’re annoyed they’re acting like jerks on the way out. We understand wanting more money. But don’t pretend there’s some higher calling that the rest of us just can’t comprehend.

In six months, they’ve changed how we’ll think of them forever. Forty million people live in the five states that make up the remaining league. We can’t all be wrong.

Those are the words Nebraska fans won’t like. Now, for the truth that makes the rest of us uncomfortable, the one with potentially terrible consequences:

Even after all this, we’d totally take the Huskers back.

Because without them, this is a lesser league that nobody can be certain will exist beyond the near future.
http://www.kansascity.com/2010/12/02/2493922/mellinger-nebraska-fans-anger.html

luv
12-03-2010, 04:54 PM
The link you have posted leads you to post a new thread on here.

KcMizzou
12-03-2010, 04:55 PM
The link you have posted leads you to post a new thread on here.Yeah, I was on the wrong tab. Just fixed it.

DJ's left nut
12-03-2010, 05:02 PM
Whatever.

I don't care how they leave, just leave.

I'm just tired of listening to the yack already. Go away - nobody liked you before all this crap, we like you even less now.

Titty Meat
12-03-2010, 05:04 PM
Is Mellinger a Mizzou grad?

|Zach|
12-03-2010, 05:05 PM
Is Mellinger a Mizzou grad?

Kansas.

Nice try though.

|Zach|
12-03-2010, 05:06 PM
Independently of the debate this article will bring. He has been a solid writer. IMO.

Titty Meat
Kansas.

Nice try though.

Just a question. It's cute though so far i've counted 3 different Mizzou grads writing about Nebraska. I guess nobody wants to read about Mizzou in the gas station bowl? :)

Dave Lane
Thats the bottomline shut up and go away all ready.

|Zach|
12-03-2010, 05:08 PM
Just a question. It's cute though so far i've counted 3 different Mizzou grads writing about Nebraska. I guess nobody wants to read about Mizzou in the gas station bowl? :)

You want them to write articles about a bowl that Missouri hasn't been asked too? It is the biggest story line of the Big 12 right now.

Titty Meat
12-03-2010, 05:09 PM
And the conspiracy has been proven true. If there were death threats howcome nobody has been arrested? The trophy is presented in the locker room, Ed Stuart is a former Husker All-American who works for the Big 12 they could have sent him up. Nebraska wasn't even the first team trying to get out of the conference. Of course none of you will try and debate these points because you can't.

|Zach|
12-03-2010, 05:11 PM
And the conspiracy has been proven true. If there were death threats howcome nobody has been arrested? The trophy is presented in the locker room, Ed Stuart is a former Husker All-American who works for the Big 12 they could have sent him up. Nebraska wasn't even the first team trying to get out of the conference. Of course none of you will try and debate these points because you can't.

Is that what happens every time someone threatens someone else?

They are found and arrested?

Billay world: If a person who makes a threat isn't caught. There was never a threat.

Durrrr

|Zach|
12-03-2010, 05:13 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/mellinger/statuses/10713366393790464

Titty Meat
12-03-2010, 05:13 PM
Is that what happens every time someone threatens someone else?

They are found and arrested?

Billay world: If a person who makes a threat isn't caught. There was never a threat.

Durrrr

See smartass comments like this you aren't willing to debate the facts. They don't have ISP trackers in Texas? Really?

KcMizzou
12-03-2010, 05:14 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/mellinger/statuses/10713366393790464LMAO Nice.

Titty Meat
12-03-2010, 05:14 PM
Come on bloated Zach still waiting for you to address why they wouldn't send Ed Stuart the the locker room.

|Zach|
12-03-2010, 05:16 PM
See smartass comments like this you aren't willing to debate the facts. They don't have ISP trackers in Texas? Really?
You are acting like you are on some higher plane of conversation. When I am simply pointing out something very basic and obvious. If you want to equate someone not being caught with a threat not being made. You are an idiot.

It is fun for your to make that logical leap but it isn't based on facts.

Titty Meat
12-03-2010, 05:17 PM
You are acting like you are on some higher plane of conversation. When I am simply pointing out something very basic and obvious. If you want to equate someone not being caught with a threat not being made. You are an idiot.

It is fun for your to make that logical leap but it isn't based on facts.

Why wasn't Ed Stuart sent on behalf of the Big 12?

|Zach|
12-03-2010, 05:18 PM
Come on bloated Zach still waiting for you to address why they wouldn't send Ed Stuart the the locker room.

I don't care in the least. It isn't an issue I am interested in at all.

|Zach|
12-03-2010, 05:18 PM
You guys just can't deal with facts.

then...

They didn't arrest anyone so a threat wasn't made.
ROFL

Titty Meat
12-03-2010, 05:20 PM
I don't care in the least. It isn't an issue I am interested in at all.

You dont care to answer the question because it doesnt fit in your narrative.

siberian khatru
12-03-2010, 05:20 PM
Look at KcMizzou stirring the pot!

Have you and Saul Good been hanging out together?

Titty Meat
12-03-2010, 05:21 PM
You guys just can't deal with facts.

then...

They didn't arrest anyone so a threat wasn't made.
ROFL

Tell us the "Facts" Zach. Since you seem to work for the Big 12 can you tell us these facts? And while you're at it answer why they didn't send a former Husker if Beebee was threatened?

KcMizzou
12-03-2010, 05:21 PM
Look at KcMizzou stirring the pot!

Have you and Saul Good been hanging out together?Hey, I just thought it was a good read. :)

|Zach|
12-03-2010, 05:23 PM
You dont care to answer the question because it doesnt fit in your narrative.

I see you moved on from the threats line you were trying to feed us.

I have no interest in it because it means so very little IMO. I don't think anything can be inferred from it. I mean, I understand if I was the type of guy who went out of his way to be offended it is something I would probably hold on too.

That isn't a knock on you but on fans. I think so many fans look for everything they can to show their team is being disrespected often at places where they are not there.

That simply isn't my style.

Sam Hall
12-03-2010, 05:24 PM
The Big 12 has marred our farewell. No matter what happens to us in the Big Ten, we are leaving for a better place.

|Zach|
12-03-2010, 05:25 PM
Tell us the "Facts" Zach. Since you seem to work for the Big 12 can you tell us these facts? And while you're at it answer why they didn't send a former Husker if Beebee was threatened?

I don't have the facts. I am not affiliated with anything that knows more than anyone else.

Because of that...

I am not making silly statements and trotting them out as truths like you are.

I am not saying a threat was made. I don't know. I have merely been responding to your stupid comments that one wasn't made because nobody has been arrested. You are the one that keeps bringing up facts but you are also the one making statements that has no basis in them.

Titty Meat
12-03-2010, 05:26 PM
I see you moved on from the threats line you were trying to feed us.

I have no interest in it because it means so very little IMO. I don't think anything can be inferred from it. I mean, I understand if I was the type of guy who went out of his way to be offended it is something I would probably hold on too.

That isn't a knock on you but on fans. I think so many fans look for everything they can to show their team is being disrespected often at places where they are not there.

That simply isn't my style.

I'm not offended and i'm not even denying Nebraska fans are arrogant. KU, Mu, Ksu, ect. all would be arrogant too if they had a final chance to flip the conference the bird before leaving to the Big 10.

What am I stating and you've proved is the conference has took swipes at Nebraska the trophy presentation just being one of them.

|Zach|
12-03-2010, 05:26 PM
The Big 12 has marred our farewell. No matter what happens to us in the Big Ten, we are leaving for a better place.

Don't worry. You will still get the rent checks from me and other people for allowing us to live under your skin.

DJ's left nut
12-03-2010, 05:27 PM

Why reward fans for being fuckheads?

You don't want to play nice, you don't get your public presentation. But I'm sure the Nebraska faithful didn't take their cues from the raving fucking lunatic that patrols their sidelines.

Next time - try not being a pit of whiny dicksmokes and this won't happen.

I don't even care if you win the B12 at this point, I'm no fan of Oklahoma either. I just want you and your fellow beacons of wisdom such as LiveSteam to get the fuck gone.

Titty Meat
12-03-2010, 05:29 PM
Why reward fans for being ****heads?

You don't want to play nice, you don't get your public presentation. But I'm sure the Nebraska faithful didn't take their cues from the raving ****ing lunatic that patrols their sidelines.

Next time - try not being a pit of whiny dicksmokes and this won't happen.

I don't even care if you win the B12 at this point, I'm no fan of Oklahoma either. I just want you and your fellow beacons of wisdom such as LiveSteam to get the **** gone.

This should be trademarked.....

The point

DJ'sleftnut

DJ's left nut
12-03-2010, 05:29 PM

I won't even deny the 2nd part. I'm jealous you guys get to get the hell out of this conference.

That doesn't mean you aren't still a bunch of butthurt shitheads that refuse to acknowledge the fact that you flat got beat.

The officials got the call right against Texas last season and Nebraska lost both games this year because they can't keep their composure. But you guys piss and moan all the damn time.

Fine, you're right - the B12 is out to get you. You guys are right and I hope the B12 doesn't just contract our football team or make us play in orange.

Just go the fuck away already. You guys suck.

DJ's left nut
12-03-2010, 05:31 PM
This should be trademarked.....

The point

DJ'sleftnut

Your point seems to be that the Big 12 is conspiring to slight Nebraska. If they weren't, they'd have sent some former alum that the fans wouldn't have hurt.

I get it - it's just stupid.

The Big 12 doesn't give a shit about cowtowing to a bunch of uppity babies. You guys were assholes, the conference commissioner didn't feel like showing up and he's not going to make concessions to appease you.

But much like the Texas game and much like every other time you pussies can't hold your water, you'll blame the big bad wolf for spoiling your fun.

I swear, Nebraska fans have more butthurt in them than the Donks.

Titty Meat
12-03-2010, 05:31 PM
I won't even deny the 2nd part. I'm jealous you guys get to get the hell out of this conference.

That doesn't mean you aren't still a bunch of butthurt shitheads that refuse to acknowledge the fact that you flat got beat.

The officials got the call right against Texas last season and Nebraska lost both games this year because they can't keep their composure. But you guys piss and moan all the damn time.

Fine, you're right - the B12 is out to get you. You guys are right and I hope the B12 doesn't just contract our football team or make us play in orange.

Just go the **** away already. You guys suck.

I see the Tiger fans have found an equal to Laz when it comes to crying.

DJ's left nut
12-03-2010, 05:32 PM
I see the Tiger fans have found an equal to Laz when it comes to crying.

Jesus that's ironic.

"Waaaaah!!!! The Big 12 didn't send that one guy from 30 years ago that works for them now to give us a trophy! CONSPIRACY!!!!"

|Zach|
12-03-2010, 05:33 PM
Jesus that's ironic.

"Waaaaah!!!! The Big 12 didn't send that one guy from 30 years ago that works for them now to give us a trophy! CONSPIRACY!!!!"

LMAO

Titty Meat
12-03-2010, 05:34 PM
Jesus that's ironic.

Should we be surprised that you don't get it?

|Zach|
12-03-2010, 05:36 PM
I don't have the facts. I am not affiliated with anything that knows more than anyone else.

Because of that...

I am not making silly statements and trotting them out as truths like you are.

I am not saying a threat was made. I don't know. I have merely been responding to your stupid comments that one wasn't made because nobody has been arrested. You are the one that keeps bringing up facts but you are also the one making statements that has no basis in them.

I wouldn't touch this post if I was Billay either.

Titty Meat
12-03-2010, 05:38 PM
I wouldn't touch this post if I was Billay either.

Gonna take a photo of it or call me a pussy or even threaten to leave Chiefsplanet? ROFL

Garcia Bronco
12-03-2010, 05:38 PM
This the dumbest fucking thing I have ever read.

Sam Hall
12-03-2010, 05:40 PM
It's just time to move on. We're never going to resolve the hatred and the differences the Big 12 was founded upon. This is a big reason why Nebraska's move will work out, regardless of what happens.

Titty Meat
12-03-2010, 05:41 PM
Mellinger: Nebraska... 12-03-2010 05:28 PM |Zach| Good knock on my appearance. That won't be forgotten. Funny coming from a guy that won't stop crying about his picture being posted on CP. What a joke you are.

ROFL

DJ's left nut
12-03-2010, 05:42 PM
Should we be surprised that you don't get it?

Enlighten me.

Rather than cryptic nonsense about what I don't understand, let's hear it. C'mon and give me what deep insight is hidden between the lines.

Afterall, you guys have been saying the same shit for 13 months now, c'mon and bring us all up to speed.

|Zach|
12-03-2010, 05:42 PM
Mellinger: Nebraska... 12-03-2010 05:28 PM |Zach| Good knock on my appearance. That won't be forgotten. Funny coming from a guy that won't stop crying about his picture being posted on CP. What a joke you are.

ROFL

You don't think that was funny coming from a guy that hasn't been able to let go that his photo got posted here? You actually thought someone "hacked" your facebook.

teedubya
12-03-2010, 05:43 PM
Billay, did you actually GO to U of Nebraska? Or ever LIVE in the state?

teedubya
12-03-2010, 05:44 PM
Bugeater is the one Nebraska fan that I actually like.

Titty Meat
12-03-2010, 05:44 PM
You don't think that was funny coming from a guy that hasn't been able to let go that his photo got posted here? You actually thought someone "hacked" your facebook.

https://www.physique.co.uk/large_catalogue_images/tissues.jpg

|Zach|
12-03-2010, 05:45 PM
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.zombieplace.com/tissues1.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.zombieplace.com/zombie-makeup-tutorial&usg=__whLalIp48GprtFQhfRvSRJAcj9w=&h=372&w=450&sz=49&hl=en&start=0&sig2=ZfLcyybJ9q-IwT9ZmzBB2g&zoom=1&tbnid=4GMhDWE8EZ-wzM:&tbnh=88&tbnw=108&ei=5oD5TP_cFMKC8gae9u3qBw&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dtissues%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26rlz%3D1G1TSND_ENUS402%26biw%3D948%26bih%3D463%26t bs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1&iact=rc&dur=571&oei=5oD5TP_cFMKC8gae9u3qBw&esq=1&page=1&ndsp=13&ved=1t:429,r:7,s:0&tx=15&ty=61

You almost were able to post an image trying to mock me.

Almost.

DJ's left nut
12-03-2010, 05:47 PM

https://www.physique.co.uk/large_catalogue_images/tissues.jpg

It's not surprising that you don't get it...

DJ's left nut
12-03-2010, 06:08 PM
Enlighten me.

Rather than cryptic nonsense about what I don't understand, let's hear it. C'mon and give me what deep insight is hidden between the lines.

Afterall, you guys have been saying the same shit for 13 months now, c'mon and bring us all up to speed.

Hey peckergnat - you're still here kicking around in DC and I'm waiting for my schoolin'.

What's new under the sun in Nubtown? What brilliant bit of discourse do you have to present to me to explain how far over my head this brilliant and original point of yours has gone.

I'm intrigued to see what you're able to craft from whole cloth. I know you generally parrot the talking points fed to you by fellow nubs but I don't see many of them floating around so you may have to go it alone here.

C'mon Biceps - educate me. What do you have here other than more bitching from a butthurt cornshucker?

Titty Meat
12-03-2010, 06:09 PM
Took ya 30 minutes from dictionary.com to copy and paste those big words? Don't go into data entry.

DJ's left nut
12-03-2010, 06:10 PM
Took ya 30 minutes from dictionary.com to copy and paste those big words? Don't go into data entry.

That's about what I figured.

chris
12-03-2010, 06:12 PM

I find it interesting you always pick on Mizzou, but deflect when OU fans point out how NU is inferior to OU and TX.

How may Big 12 Championships has NU won?

Can you explain this?

DJ's left nut
12-03-2010, 06:12 PM
Hey Dartgod, can you come help out a fellow Husker.

This poor bastard's working with about 1/4 of a deck here. As best I can tell he pretty much hasn't made a salient point today and I'm starting to feel bad for him. Getting kicked around by two separate groups of people simultaneously in DC and on the main lounge is impressive and sad at the same time.

Go ahead and feed him some more substance as he seems to have exhausted his supply and has resorted to intimating that the rest of us "Just don't get it".

KcMizzou
12-03-2010, 06:13 PM

This poor bastard's working with about 1/4 of a deck here. As best I can tell he pretty much hasn't made a salient point today and I'm starting to feel bad for him.

Go ahead and feed him some more substance as he seems to have exhausted his supply and has resorted to intimating that the rest of us "Just don't get it".Hey, hey, easy with the "big words".

Titty Meat
12-03-2010, 06:15 PM
I find it interesting you always pick on Mizzou, but deflect when OU fans point out how NU is inferior to OU and TX.

Can you explain this?

I would love to know how NU is inferior to OU?

They've won 1 which is 1 more than Mizzou.

DJ's left nut
12-03-2010, 06:15 PM
Hey, hey, easy with the "big words".

My....

Bad....

Yo....

:drool:

KcMizzou
12-03-2010, 06:16 PM
My....

Bad....

Yo....

:drool:Seriously, that post even had a fraction in it.

DJ's left nut
12-03-2010, 06:16 PM

In case you didn't understand what he was saying when he asked why you 'deflect' whenever someone asks about Oklahoma...

This would be what he's talking about.

You're not too bright, are you son?

chris
12-03-2010, 06:18 PM

See, you are doing it again. :)

You don't have an argument about how NU compares to OU; so you whine about MU.

NU is leaving the Big 12 because they are tied of having their Butts kicked by OU and UT.

Truth hurts; doesn't it.

Titty Meat
12-03-2010, 06:18 PM
In case you didn't understand what he was saying when he asked why you 'deflect' whenever someone asks about Oklahoma...

This would be what he's talking about.

You're not too bright, are you son?

Says guy whos screen name is named after a football players testicle. I answered his question no deflection needed.

DJ's left nut
12-03-2010, 06:19 PM

NU is leaving the Big 12 because they are tied of having their Butts kicked by OU and UT.

Truth hurts; doesn't it.

It's your own damn fault.

You should've said "change the subject", then he could've simply ignored you rather than stumble through an inane response.

If you're going to use a word that isn't in an Archie comic, you need to define it for him.

Titty Meat
12-03-2010, 06:20 PM

Truth hurts; doesn't it.

Having their butt kicked by OU? You do realize the last time Nebraska played OU they beat them right?

chris
12-03-2010, 06:21 PM
It's your own damn fault.

You should've said "change the subject", then he could've simply ignored you rather than stumble through an inane response.

If you're going to use a word that isn't in an Archie comic, you need to define it for him.

Quite Funny. :)

DJ's left nut
12-03-2010, 06:21 PM
Says guy whos screen name is named after a football players testicle. I answered his question no deflection needed.

First LiveSteam, now you.

"Damn, I'm really getting my shit pushed in here...better make fun of his screen name..."

That's honestly the best you can muster?

For fucks sake....DARTGOD! GET YOUR ASS IN HERE! This is a goddamn tragedy.

And if there's no need to deflect, you sure did do it pretty quickly...

1ChiefsDan
12-03-2010, 06:22 PM
This the dumbest ****ing thing I have ever read.what? billays posts? I agree.

Titty Meat
12-03-2010, 06:22 PM
First LiveSteam, now you.

"Damn, I'm really getting my shit pushed in here...better make fun of his screen name..."

That's honestly the best you can muster?

For ****s sake....DARTGOD! GET YOUR ASS IN HERE! This is a goddamn tragedy.

And if there's no need to deflect, you sure did do it pretty quickly...

Shit pushed on the internet? ROFL

And you keep calling for Dartgod wtf? You are lame dude.

DJ's left nut
12-03-2010, 06:24 PM
Shit pushed on the internet? ROFL

And you keep calling for Dartgod wtf? You are lame dude.

Dartgod's about the only Husker with enough sense to help you out, numbnuts.

And I'm still waiting for you to elucidate the point I continue to miss.

"Elucidate: To make clear (something obscure or difficult); clarify"

There - are you on point now?

Titty Meat
12-03-2010, 06:24 PM
Hey Chris still waiting

DJ's left nut
12-03-2010, 06:25 PM
Hey Chris still waiting

Likewise

Titty Meat
12-03-2010, 06:26 PM
You've replied to every post i've made since the creation of the John McCain thread. You either have a thing for troops or creepy, probably both. Anyway cheers to you running over an IED

DJ's left nut
12-03-2010, 06:27 PM
You've replied to every post i've made since the creation of the John McCain thread. You either have a thing for troops or creepy, probably both. Anyway cheers to you running over an IED

So...you have no point, then?

Titty Meat
12-03-2010, 06:27 PM
Still waiting Chris.....

LiveSteam
12-03-2010, 06:55 PM
Anyway cheers to you running over an IED

:LOL:

KcMizzou
12-03-2010, 06:56 PM
:LOL:LMAO

Mod abuse?

big nasty kcnut
12-03-2010, 06:57 PM
They applauded the other team after games — win or lose that a fucking lie. Bye n enjoy the basement of the big whatever the fuck it is.

Spott
12-03-2010, 06:57 PM
I don't blame NU for wanting to leave. The Texas schools really fucked up this conference when they joined the Big 8 and proceeded to move everything down to that shitbird state. The Big 11 is a good football conference, although nationally the Big 12 has been considered better than them for the past few years. The basketball conference are comparable, although the Big 12 is losing two lousy programs and the Big 10 is adding 1.

Titty Meat
12-03-2010, 06:59 PM
I don't blame NU for wanting to leave. The Texas schools really ****ed up this conference when they joined the Big 8 and proceeded to move everything down to that shitbird state. The Big 11 is a good football conference, although nationally the Big 12 has been considered better than them for the past few years. The basketball conference are comparable, although the Big 12 is losing two lousy programs and the Big 10 is adding 1.

Atleast someone gets it.

LiveSteam
12-03-2010, 06:59 PM
LMAO

Mod abuse?

Mod abuse my ass,Mizzery scum
WeakStream???? OMG you have to be kidding me.
That's the best your Mods have?I get better from lady gaga,s fan page. Put some thought into it.
The lil red engine that couldnt,cant, Im a drunk, I have no game. Wait thats probably you.
I like to bop my morphius, I spell on a 4th grade level, I live with my mom. But WEAKSTREAM??
Now that's weak

DJ's left nut
12-03-2010, 07:04 PM
Atleast someone gets it.

Thank god. Someone finally fed you a new talking point.

thank you, kind stranger...

Spott
12-03-2010, 07:06 PM

Son of a bitch. Is it any better if I say that I really hate trains? :)

Titty Meat
12-03-2010, 07:07 PM

You should feed yourself some drain-o butthurt one

KcMizzou
12-03-2010, 07:08 PM
Mod abuse my ass,Mizzery scumSo, you chose to change your name to that? It was just a question.

I was asking if mod abuse is the reason you went from LiveSteam to WeakStream. And yeah, I laughed. It was funny.

Frazod
12-03-2010, 07:25 PM
So, you chose to change your name to that? It was just a question.

I was asking if mod abuse is the reason you went from LiveSteam to WeakStream. And yeah, I laughed. It was funny.

He seems pissed.

But, with a weak stream, I guess it's nothing to worry about.

chris
12-03-2010, 10:20 PM
Hey Chris still waiting

For what???

You mean, that every time I point out that OU owns NU in Big 12 titles, you deflect to say at least NU is better than MU??? Big Whoop.

I have better things to do that argue with you....don't forget the old Abe Lincoln saying........

NU left the Big 12 because they got tired of having their Butts beat by OU and UT. Quitters. Simple as that.

Boomer Sooner.

12-03-2010, 11:00 PM
Well, bye.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_PmxExJ1vXtg/TBBDGvmcxkI/AAAAAAAAAJI/dFkN1txzSmw/s400/wellbye.jpg

RickObie
12-03-2010, 11:22 PM
I'm an SDSU guy so take this with a grain of salt, but I know a few NU folk and all they've talked about over the years is tradition and loyalty and Big 12 this that and the other, once this went down all I've heard is Texas is the devil and screw the Big 12 for catering to Texas! I don't give a squirt of piss but I even hate NU now because of this whiny sh*t! Man up and admit it's about the money!

Sassy Squatch
12-03-2010, 11:24 PM
I don't blame NU for wanting to leave. The Texas schools really fucked up this conference when they joined the Big 8 and proceeded to move everything down to that shitbird state. The Big 11 is a good football conference, although nationally the Big 12 has been considered better than them for the past few years. The basketball conference are comparable, although the Big 12 is losing two lousy programs and the Big 10 is adding 1.
Fuck Texas. A&M and Tech are cool, but the Longhorns and their administration are fucking douchebags. Enjoy last place in the big 12 south, bitches!!!!

LiveSteam
12-03-2010, 11:45 PM
I'm an SDSU guy so take this with a grain of salt, but I know a few NU folk and all they've talked about over the years is tradition and loyalty and Big 12 this that and the other, once this went down all I've heard is Texas is the devil and screw the Big 12 for catering to Texas! I don't give a squirt of piss but I even hate NU now because of this whiny sh*t! Man up and admit it's about the money!

Its always about money. Every one,no matter what school ,bitches & whines.
Texas about the OC who will get fired im sure,Missouri about the Cotton bowl,& being said no to by the Big 10.Husker fan is no better or worse. Everyone wants to blame the Huskers for this mess. It all started this summer in Missouri. It sucks that 11 out of 12 schools really don't matter. Or that 11 schools could never take the 1 bull by the horns. & kick its ass. Not on the field or arenas either. THE POLITICS of the Big 12 is where it failed

Bearcat
12-04-2010, 12:14 AM
Holy crap, there is some epic Iowanianesque ownage in this thread... a battle of wits against an unarmed man. I wish every smack down of the lil' troll was half this good.

Great work, gentlemen. LMAO

Titty Meat
12-04-2010, 12:28 AM
For what???

You mean, that every time I point out that OU owns NU in Big 12 titles, you deflect to say at least NU is better than MU??? Big Whoop.

I have better things to do that argue with you....don't forget the old Abe Lincoln saying........

NU left the Big 12 because they got tired of having their Butts beat by OU and UT. Quitters. Simple as that.

Boomer Sooner.

Nebraska got tired of having its butt kicked by OU yet they beat them the last time they played. Your argument makes no sense. So did Mizzou try to leave because it was tired of getting it's ass kicked? Colorado? You do know Nebraska will make more money playing in the Big 10 you also realize long term the Big 12 isn't a viable conference unless you're stupid.

Titty Meat
12-04-2010, 12:29 AM

Exactly.

Bugeater
12-04-2010, 12:33 AM

Can you explain this?
If OU is SOOO superior to NU, why is it that BOTH teams have the EXACT same record since the Big XII was formed?

They are both 139-53.

Look it up if you don't believe me.

Titty Meat
12-04-2010, 12:36 AM
If OU is SOOO superior to NU, why is it that BOTH teams have the EXACT same record since the Big XII was formed?

They are both 139-53.

Nebraska left cuz dey cant beat da Texas

LiveSteam
12-04-2010, 12:37 AM

They are both 139-53.

Awesome Bugs Awesome

Bugeater
12-04-2010, 12:43 AM
Nebraska left cuz dey cant beat da Texas
Chris is a fucking moron. He'll come back with some lame retort about how what happened in the 90s doesn't count.

Titty Meat
12-04-2010, 12:46 AM
This place will be interesting tomorrow I suspect Nebraska will lose though everyone picking against them should give them some motivation.

LiveSteam
12-04-2010, 12:51 AM
Husker's are going to be fine. OU has its probs to. cant run the ball. D has not been up to OU standards most of the season. couple of OU star,starters are banged up to. Its going to be a great game. Husker's 24
OU 13

Huskers need to run North & South & stop trying to hit the outside edges all the time. Sprinkle in some play action passing. I'm just not worried about this game. Its not Texas. OU doesn't have the husker's number. Like they did back in the 70s.

Titty Meat
12-04-2010, 12:52 AM
I'm too lazy to search whats the line for this game?

KcMizzou
12-04-2010, 12:54 AM
This place will be interesting tomorrow I suspect Nebraska will lose though everyone picking against them should give them some motivation.Win or lose, I wont have shit to say to Nebraska fans. You've made it a point to be a prick at every opportunity, but sadly, you won. You got us last. Congrats, and good riddance.

Titty Meat
12-04-2010, 12:56 AM
Win or lose, I wont have shit to say to Nebraska fans. You've made it a point to be a prick at every opportunity, but sadly, you won. You got us last. Congrats, and good riddance.

If we lose there won't be much to say this season will have been a disappointment.

LiveSteam
12-04-2010, 01:00 AM
If we lose there won't be much to say this season will have been a disappointment.

Big,Big, Big Disappointment. We need this game!!!
As far as being a prick? This is a fantasy collage football Looney Tunes shit tossing message board.
The name calling is all fun & games. & funny as hell. I would never & will never hold anyone to anything they say in the internet world. Not out in the real world anyway.
GOOD GOD I'M A PRICK!!

FloridaMan88
12-04-2010, 01:04 AM
No one gives a shit about Nebraska football outside of the Midwest anymore.

The last time anyone here in the state of Florida mentioned the word "Nebraska" was when Crouch and his overrated gang of frauds were being ass raped by Miami in the Rose Bowl.

I know Nebraska fans think their program is going to reach a new level of exposure in the Big 10... but the cold reality is that only Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State will garner consistent national interest.

Nebraska is in the group with the likes of Iowa, Michigan State, etc... just another team.

Titty Meat
12-04-2010, 01:05 AM

The last time anyone here in the state of Florida mentioned the word "Nebraska" was when Crouch and his overrated gang of frauds were being ass raped by Miami in the Rose Bowl.

I know Nebraska fans think their program is going to reach a new level of exposure in the Big 10... but the cold reality is that only Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State will garner consistent national interest.

Nebraska is in the group with the likes of Iowa, Michigan State, etc... just another team.

Not true at all.

KcMizzou
12-04-2010, 01:06 AM

Nebraska is in the group with the likes of Iowa, Michigan State, etc... just another team.This may be the first time I've ever repped you.

LiveSteam
12-04-2010, 01:16 AM

Our fan base is huge. & in most states. go to Arizona, Cal, NewMexico, Vegas,ect you can find bars that will be 100% Husker NATION on a football Saturday. Sorry to burst your bubble. But you are wrong

jbwm89
12-04-2010, 01:19 AM
Win or lose, I wont have shit to say to Nebraska fans. You've made it a point to be a prick at every opportunity, but sadly, you won. You got us last. Congrats, and good riddance.

amen. Nebraska fans are almost as annoying as Raider fans.

KcMizzou
12-04-2010, 01:27 AM
For the reasons so very well illustrated in this article, it's hard to wish NU well. I can think of two Nebraska football fans (on Chiefsplanet) that I respect. One's a Mizzou basketball fan, and both are just generally good people.

That said, fuck the Nebraska program in general. It's not the players... it's the fans. All the rest of you. Mellinger said "We’re annoyed they’re acting like jerks on the way out." You know what he meant, and it wasn't "jerks".

LiveSteam
12-04-2010, 01:32 AM
For the reasons so very well illustrated in this article, it's hard to wish NU well. I can think of two Nebraska football fans (on Chiefsplanet) that I respect. One's a Mizzou basketball fan, and both are just generally good people.

That said, **** the Nebraska program in general. It's not the players... it's the fans. All the rest of you. Mellinger said "We’re annoyed they’re acting like jerks on the way out." You know what he meant, and it wasn't "jerks".

Sorry you feel this way. I will miss the shit tossing & name calling with Missouri,K-st & Buff fan. Some of the things I have been called would make a billy goat puke. But GOD DAM IS IT FUNNY.
In the real world,we are all American's cheering for the only colors that truly matter
RED,WHITE & BLUE with silver stars

Titty Meat
12-04-2010, 01:44 AM

That said, **** the Nebraska program in general. It's not the players... it's the fans. All the rest of you. Mellinger said "We’re annoyed they’re acting like jerks on the way out." You know what he meant, and it wasn't "jerks".

That musta took courage to type that.

KcMizzou
12-04-2010, 01:50 AM
That musta took courage to type that.It was tough... but somehow, I found a way.

KcMizzou
12-04-2010, 01:53 AM
tough means... like... "difficult"

Shit... wait... it was "hard" to do.

KcMizzou
12-04-2010, 01:56 AM
Next, I'll teach you about sarcasm.

Titty Meat
12-04-2010, 01:56 AM
It was tough... but somehow, I found a way.

Jokes aside I don't see how you can only respect 2 Husker fans on this board. I mean you're a Mizzou fan I don't give a shit I respect you as a person this is just a message board.

KcMizzou
12-04-2010, 02:01 AM
Jokes aside I don't see how you can only respect 2 Husker fans on this board. I mean you're a Mizzou fan I don't give a shit I respect you as a person this is just a message board.Ok... honestly, They're the only ones I ever see posting anything other than this crazy "they're out to get us" bullshit. That's all really.

KcMizzou
12-04-2010, 02:06 AM
And you clearly want to be the spoon that stirs the shit pot. You're obnoxious, but I don't think you're stupid. It's intentional. You troll.

There are others who are unintentionally infuriating.

Titty Meat
12-04-2010, 02:08 AM
And you clearly want to be the spoon that stirs the shit pot. You're obnoxious, but I don't think you're stupid. It's intentional. You troll.

Please don't ruin me.

KcMizzou
12-04-2010, 02:11 AM
Please don't ruin me.Heh, one more game and nobody will care.

KcMizzou
12-04-2010, 02:15 AM
I'm still pissed off that you got us last. Irritates the hell out of me. I've got no problem admitting that.

LiveSteam
12-04-2010, 02:15 AM

Thats my point. How boring would it be with out some one to stir the shit pot.
Im a dirty Husker sod buster who cant spell or punctuate
Who has plans of dieing in them there hills of Missouri some day. Rogersvill or Fordland most likely

Titty Meat
12-04-2010, 02:16 AM
Heh, one more game and nobody will care.

True I'll still make a Husker thread but its not ment to piss you guys off. I enjoy talking college football here more than Huskerboard.

Bugeater
12-04-2010, 06:44 AM

Yeah, and the same goes for the Thug U that you root for, dumbass.

chris
12-04-2010, 08:07 AM
Nebraska got tired of having its butt kicked by OU yet they beat them the last time they played. Your argument makes no sense. So did Mizzou try to leave because it was tired of getting it's ass kicked? Colorado? You do know Nebraska will make more money playing in the Big 10 you also realize long term the Big 12 isn't a viable conference unless you're stupid.

Every team beats another team eventually.

Again, how many championships?? :)

chris
12-04-2010, 08:08 AM

They are both 139-53.

You too keep deflecting. Success is measured by Championships.

How many do the Quitters have vs. OU?

chris
12-04-2010, 08:10 AM
Chris is a ****ing moron. He'll come back with some lame retort about how what happened in the 90s doesn't count.

So we call names when you can't win the point?

Reinforces what others state about NU fans.

OU and UT owns NU; and NU quit. Simple as rain.

Dartgod
12-04-2010, 08:27 AM

Anyone that thinks this is about anything other than money is a fucking moron.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dartgod
12-04-2010, 08:30 AM

This poor bastard's working with about 1/4 of a deck here. As best I can tell he pretty much hasn't made a salient point today and I'm starting to feel bad for him. Getting kicked around by two separate groups of people simultaneously in DC and on the main lounge is impressive and sad at the same time.

Go ahead and feed him some more substance as he seems to have exhausted his supply and has resorted to intimating that the rest of us "Just don't get it".
Sorry. I can't help you with this one.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dartgod
12-04-2010, 08:30 AM
Hey, hey, easy with the "big words".
Hey!
Posted via Mobile Device

chris
12-04-2010, 08:50 AM
Anyone that thinks this is about anything other than money is a ****ing moron.
Posted via Mobile Device

Agree.

But it is fun to rub in the OU advantage when NU fans endeavor to act superior and pompous to MU/KU/KSU fans. :)

LiveSteam
12-04-2010, 09:25 AM

Christin. Bugs made his point. you are high on crack & didnt get it.
Both schools have the same overall record in the Big 12.
Take a good hard look at the U Christine. Its in shambles right now.
It's light years away from OU or NU. Go back,to talking about something you know.
The Crack cocaine seen in Fla.

Hmm didn't the University of Crack cocaine belong to the Big East a few years back? Quitting the Big East has really worked out well for the U. What's your coaches name again ? Patsy Vacant.
Go burp sperm with your bitch BEACH TRIBE

chris
12-04-2010, 10:00 AM
Christin. Bugs made his point. you are high on crack & didnt get it.
Both schools have the same overall record in the Big 12.
Take a good hard look at the U Christine. Its in shambles right now.
It's light years away from OU or NU. Go back,to talking about something you know.
The Crack cocaine seen in Fla.

Hmm didn't the University of Crack cocaine belong to the Big East a few years back? Quitting the Big East has really worked out well for the U. What's your coaches name again ? Patsy Vacant.
Go burp sperm with your bitch BEACH TRIBE

How may CHAMPIONSHIPS has NU won compared to OU???

Only measuring standard that matters.

You keep deflecting. :)

Is the question too hard to understand???

Or perhaps you don't like the answer?

Dartgod
12-04-2010, 10:30 AM
How may CHAMPIONSHIPS has NU won compared to OU???

Only measuring standard that matters.

You keep deflecting. :)

Is the question too hard to understand???

Or perhaps you don't like the answer?
Wow. OU has won 7 Championships to NU's 5. And the last one was only 3 years after Nebraska's last one.

Yeah, that's domination. :rolleyes:

Sam Hall
12-04-2010, 10:36 AM
Regardless of what happens tonight, we are headed for a better place. I'm not sad to leave the Big 12. We are a perfect fit for the Big Ten.

Sam Hall
12-04-2010, 10:42 AM
I wouldn't trade Nebraska's tradition for Oklahoma's or Miami's. Let's not forget the times OU and Miami have been on probation. Anyone who watched ESPN's 30 For 30 show on Miami knows the 'Canes did it the wrong way.

Spott
12-04-2010, 11:08 AM
Yeah, and the same goes for the Thug U that you root for, dumbass.

Yeah, you are both right. Neither one is talked about much nationally anymore, althought Miami isn't even talked about in it's own state.

Spott
12-04-2010, 11:11 AM
I wouldn't trade Nebraska's tradition for Oklahoma's or Miami's. Let's not forget the times OU and Miami have been on probation. Anyone who watched ESPN's 30 For 30 show on Miami knows the 'Canes did it the wrong way.

Lawrence Phillips would have fit in fine at Miami.

Sam Hall
12-04-2010, 11:17 AM

The LP deal doesn't compare to a probation.

LiveSteam
12-04-2010, 11:23 AM
1 bad apple in a 100 years aint bad. Tom admitted he made a mistake with Phillips. Lil f,u,c,k,er will always have his tarnish on the best team to ever play the game. 1995 Husker's
I think he is in prison still.
Sam hall is spot on. It really pails in comparison to OU & Miami antics. Switzer had a bunch of thugs that got him fired & Ou placed on probation. & the crack wagon has always been what they are/ Thug U

Bugs & I grew up next door to the Biggest thug to ever play at Missouri. Probably one of the schools top 3 line backers all time as well # 99 from 1980-1984

Titty Meat
12-04-2010, 02:01 PM
1 bad apple in a 100 years aint bad. Tom admitted he made a mistake with Phillips. Lil f,u,c,k,er will always have his tarnish on the best team to ever play the game. 1995 Husker's
I think he is in prison still.
Sam hall is spot on. It really pails in comparison to OU & Miami antics. Switzer had a bunch of thugs that got him fired & Ou placed on probation. & the crack wagon has always been what they are/ Thug U

Bugs & I grew up next door to the Biggest thug to ever play at Missouri. Probably one of the schools top 3 line backers all time as well # 99 from 1980-1984

Haha you actually know Bug?

Bowser
12-04-2010, 02:10 PM
My favorite part of the thread is where Bug makes his first appearance and billay and weakstream (lol) rally around him like a couple of Min-Pins hopped up on meth.

Bowser
12-04-2010, 02:12 PM
Regardless of what happens tonight, we are headed for a better place. I'm not sad to leave the Big 12. We are a perfect fit for the Big Ten.

Congrats on the new conference and the funds coming in. Enjoy that perpetual 7-5 record in the Big Whateveritisnow.

Titty Meat
12-04-2010, 02:13 PM
My favorite part of the thread is where Bug makes his first appearance and billay and weakstream (lol) rally around him like a couple of Min-Pins hopped up on meth.

Over dramatize much?

Bowser
12-04-2010, 02:14 PM
Over dramatize much?

Over irony-ize much?

Titty Meat
12-04-2010, 02:16 PM
Over irony-ize much?

Hardly did I swarm to Bugeater but since this is Chiefsplanet where facts don't matter take it and run with it.

DJ's left nut

Like I said - Billay's absolutely nothing without the other Nubs around to put their hands up his ass and make his mouth move.

Titty Meat
Like I said - Billay's absolutely nothing without the other Nubs around to put their hands up his ass and make his mouth move.

Right on time.

DJ's left nut
12-04-2010, 02:22 PM
Right on time.

It's really impressive, actually.

I can barely see Sam Hall's lips move...

Titty Meat
12-04-2010, 02:25 PM
It's really impressive, actually.

I can barely see Sam Hall's lips move...

Impressive that you have 3 pages full of answering each one of my posts? No thats creepy. I'd stick to trolling too if I posted gems about trading draft picks for Steve Smith.ROFL

LiveSteam
12-04-2010, 02:26 PM
Haha you actually know Bug?

36 years. Great guy.

DJ's left nut
12-04-2010, 02:28 PM
Impressive that you have 3 pages full of answering each one of my posts? No thats creepy. I'd stick to trolling too if I posted gems about trading draft picks for Steve Smith.ROFL

Sure I did.

I mean you only posted after I did in this thread, then another dozen times or so before I addressed your continued insistance that the B12 was out to get you.

Yeah, if I flipped out and spent 10 minutes neg-repping someone only to look like a moron, I'd probably change the subject as best I could as well. Then again, I'd probably feel pretty stupid if I then accused someone else of being obsessive.

Seriously, go get Sam's hand back up your ass. This is just sad.

LiveSteam
12-04-2010, 02:29 PM
36 years. Great guy.

Grew up next door to Randy Jostes to. But so called Misery fan probably don't remember that name. Or Warren Powers for that matter

Bowser
12-04-2010, 02:30 PM
True story. Bugeater is good people.

Titty Meat
12-04-2010, 02:31 PM
True story. Bugeater is good people.

Not according to that one smurf he has a drinking problem.

Spott
12-04-2010, 02:33 PM
Grew up next door to Randy Jostes to. But so called Misery fan probably don't remember that name. Or Warren Powers for that matter

I think Jostes was the guy that knocked out Radio and Powers was the coach before Woody Woodenhofer.

LiveSteam
12-04-2010, 02:34 PM
Not according to that one smurf he has a drinking problem.

Only prob Bug's has. Is he actually likes the Chiefs. Ive spent the better part of my life trying to convert him to a Pats fan. With no success.

DJ's left nut
12-04-2010, 02:34 PM

Holy crap - you're right. I did mention giving up a 4th round pick for Steve Smith.

In October of 2009.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=6190179&highlight=Smith#post6190179

You're right....I'm the obsessive one.

LiveSteam
12-04-2010, 02:40 PM
I think Jostes was the guy that knocked out Radio and Powers was the coach before Woody Woodenhofer.

The man was a great athlete. But had ??? How should i say???
A lil to much Bo Pelini for his own good. Dude was a cheap shot artist.
seen every game he played in high school & most of his collage career to.
He played in the USFL till it folded

Titty Meat
12-04-2010, 02:41 PM

When was that the 1960's? You guys are old :)

LiveSteam
12-04-2010, 02:42 PM

1980-84
Im 41 & in my prime THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Spott
12-04-2010, 02:49 PM

Ha, that was probably the same season/era that MU lost to the BYU team in the Holiday Bowl that had Jim McMahon as the QB. But I'm not as old as Weaksteam.

Titty Meat
12-04-2010, 02:50 PM
That was before my time.... I could probably look it up but i'm lazy so Missouri was good in the early 80's and then didn't become good again until Larry Smith? What happend between that time?

LiveSteam
12-04-2010, 02:51 PM
Ha, that was probably the same season/era that MU lost to the BYU team in the Holiday Bowl that had Jim McMahon as the QB. But I'm not as old as Weaksteam.

Geeeez!! 3 Grey hairs & now I'm old :-(

Spott
12-04-2010, 02:59 PM
That was before my time.... I could probably look it up but i'm lazy so Missouri was good in the early 80's and then didn't become good again until Larry Smith? What happend between that time?

Well they had Woodenhofer as their coach and they were pretty bad for quite a while, along with MU, KU and KSU. I remember quite a few years when all 3 of those teams during that era would finish with 2 wins a season and half of them were against each other. But KU, MU and KSU's basketball programs were pretty good back then so it took the sting off of having crappy football programs.

LiveSteam
12-04-2010, 03:01 PM
Tigers were always a good football team when I was a kid. I still remember Winsloe catching the game wining TD,not more than 20 ft from me.It was the first time I ever watched my Huskers lose in person. 1978
I must of been about 8 or 9 & cried all the way home. CRIED theirs some material to use against me.:evil:

Spott
12-04-2010, 03:04 PM
Tigers were always a good football team when I was a kid. I still remember Winsloe catching the game wining TD,not more than 20 ft from me.It was the first time I ever watched my Huskers lose in person. 1978
I must of been about 8 or 9 & cried all the way home. CRIED theirs some material to use against me.:evil:

Sissy.

LiveSteam
12-04-2010, 03:05 PM
Sissy.

I have a girls name to. Swear