PDA

View Full Version : KU **** OFFICIAL 2011 Kansas Football Repository Thread ****

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

ArrowheadHawk
12-05-2010, 10:14 PM
2010 season is over. What will year two of the Gill era bring?

Date Matchup Location TV / Time
Sat, Sept. 3 McNeese State at KU Memorial Stadium
Lawrence, KS at 6:00p.m. CT

Sat, Sept. 10 No. Illinois at KU Memorial Stadium
Lawrence, KS Fox College Sports at 6:00p.m. CT

Sat, Sept. 17 KU at G. Tech Atlanta, Georgia FSN at 11:30a.m. CT

Sat, Oct. 1 TT at KU Memorial Stadium
Lawrence, KS

Sat, Oct. 8 KU at Okla. St. Boone Pickens Stadium
Stillwater, OK

Sat, Oct. 15 Oklahoma at KU Memorial Stadium
Lawrence, KS

Sat, Oct. 22 KSU at KU Memorial Stadium
Lawrence, KS

Sat, Oct. 29 KU at Texas Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium
Austin, TX

Sat, Nov. 5 KU at ISU Jack Trice Stadium
Ames, IA

Sat, Nov. 12 Baylor at KU Memorial Stadium
Lawrence, KS

Sat, Nov. 19 KU at Texas A&M Kyle Field
College Station, TX at 2:30p.m. CT

Sat, Nov. 26 Missouri at KU Arrowhead Stadium
Kansas City, MO FSN at 11:00a.m. CT

|Zach|
First.

ArrowheadHawk
New DE commit today. 3 star. Ranked 80th at his position.

http://kansas.scout.com/a.z?s=172&p=8&c=1&nid=4107866

Lzen
12-05-2010, 10:19 PM
Good question. We had better see major improvement in year two or KU fans will be calling for his head.

ArrowheadHawk
12-05-2010, 10:19 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5HTJLVFQFlI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5HTJLVFQFlI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

ArrowheadHawk
12-05-2010, 10:24 PM
Good question. We had better see major improvement in year two or KU fans will be calling for his head.

I think we are stuck with him for at least three years.

ArrowheadHawk
12-05-2010, 10:31 PM
KU football notes: Jayhawks land Texas LB
By Matt Tait
The commitments just keep on coming for Kansas University football coach Turner Gill and his staff.

Friday, after hosting a number of big-name recruits from around the country, Gill and company learned that Texas linebacker Collin Garrett had given an oral pledge to become a Jayhawk.

Garrett, 6-foot-1, 205 pounds, hails from West Brook High in Beaumont, Texas, where he was an all-state selection at linebacker. As a junior, he tallied 137 tackles. He followed that up with 155 more this season and, earlier this week, was named the district defensive MVP.

Garrett has blazing speed and is projected as an outside linebacker in the Big 12.

The three-star prospect chose KU over Houston, Miami (Ohio), Mississippi, North Texas, Rice, Tulane, Tulsa and UTEP.

He told Rivals.com Friday night that he was ecstatic to join the Jayhawks.

“They have a great coaching staff and (KU coach Buddy Wyatt) told me I have the chance to see the field early,” Garrett told Rivals. “I felt Kansas was a great place.”

Stoudt excels in bowl game

KU recruit and Iowa Western Community College quarterback Zack Stoudt, 6-5, 235, closed his juco career in record-setting fashion Saturday.

Stoudt, whose team fell, 48-36, to Snow College in the Top of the Mountains Bowl in Sandy, Utah, completed 39 of 76 passes for a bowl-record 440 yards passing. He was intercepted once and sacked twice.

Currently ranked as the No. 2 junior college QB in the country, Stoudt will graduate this month and is expected to choose a school in time to enroll there for the spring semester in January.

KU is competing with Louisiana Tech, Mississippi, Toledo, UTEP and Wyoming, among others, for Stoudt’s services. Stoudt recently called Kansas his leader.

Laptad, Springer named honorable mention

KU seniors Jake Laptad (DE) and Justin Springer (LB) were named to the Associated Press all-Big 12 postseason squad on Friday.

Both players were tapped as honorable mention selections.

Springer finished second on the team with 85 tackles. Laptad had 38 and led the Jayhawks with 4.5 sacks.

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2010/dec/05/ku-football-notes-jayhawks-land-texas-lb/

Titty Meat
12-05-2010, 10:39 PM
Do KU fans think Tim Beck would make a good OC?

Lzen
Laptad never quite lived up to expectations.

Pablo
There's no place to go but up from here...

I hope.

Lzen
12-05-2010, 10:41 PM
Do KU fans think Tim Beck would make a good OC?

Who is that?

LiveSteam
12-05-2010, 10:47 PM
Gill is a great coach & even better man. You have no idea yet just how lucky you are to have him. But please by all means fire him. The sooner the better. We miss him & the hole world got to see just how much last night. Great leader

Silock
12-06-2010, 12:04 AM
I predict more pain.

Titty Meat
12-06-2010, 01:07 AM
Who is that?

I believe he was either the RB or WR coach and passing cordinator in 2007 at KU.

kstater
12-06-2010, 05:15 AM
2010 season is over.

Still a month left in the 2010 season.

ArrowheadHawk
12-06-2010, 10:45 AM
Still a month left in the 2010 season.

Not for Kansas.

Saul Good
12-06-2010, 10:48 AM
I thought KU was going to disband their football program.

Mr. Plow
12-06-2010, 10:57 AM

I'm hoping he turns something around and quickly. I'd really hate another year like this one.

teedubya
12-06-2010, 11:04 AM
Im hoping Black Jesus turns into a good hire... right now he is opposite of that.

Bambi
12-06-2010, 11:30 AM
Anyone hear about how Coe's visit this weekend went?

http://rivals.yahoo.com/kansas/football/recruiting/player-Rodney-Coe-99202

ArrowheadHawk
12-20-2010, 08:07 PM
Report: Three-star QB Brock Berglund decommits from Colorado, commits to KU football
By J-W Staff Reports

Rivals.com contributed photo
http://media.lawrence.com/img/photos/2010/12/20/213291_t300.jpg?8aff03de2423e912a2467e97388a07f5331c05b6
Quarterback Brock Berglund.

Brock Berglund, a 6-foot-4, 205-pound quarterback from Highlands Ranch, Colo., has decommitted from Colorado and has given an oral commitment to Kansas, the Denver Post is reporting.

Here’s Berglund’s full statement from The Denver Post.

Berglund, from Valor Christian High School, originally committed to the Buffaloes over the summer.

The high school senior is ranked as the No. 13 dual-threat quarterback in the nation by Rivals.com. He's also listed as the third-best player in his class in the state of Colorado.

Berglund's commitment comes a week after KU missed out on Zack Stoudt, the second-ranked juco quarterback in the nation.

Stoudt, a 6-foot-5, 235-pound pro-style quarterback, picked Mississippi over KU.

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2010/dec/20/report-three-star-qb-brock-berglund-decommits-colo/

BWillie
12-20-2010, 08:54 PM
Anyone hear about how Coe's visit this weekend went?

http://rivals.yahoo.com/kansas/football/recruiting/player-Rodney-Coe-99202

He committed to Iowa. Yay. I would have won either way.

ArrowheadHawk
12-20-2010, 09:35 PM
Another last second victory over CU.

denwilmay
12-20-2010, 09:37 PM
many more losses!

|Zach|
12-20-2010, 09:38 PM
Report: Three-star QB Brock Berglund decommits from Colorado, commits to KU football
By J-W Staff Reports

Rivals.com contributed photo
http://media.lawrence.com/img/photos/2010/12/20/213291_t300.jpg?8aff03de2423e912a2467e97388a07f5331c05b6
Quarterback Brock Berglund.

Brock Berglund, a 6-foot-4, 205-pound quarterback from Highlands Ranch, Colo., has decommitted from Colorado and has given an oral commitment to Kansas, the Denver Post is reporting.

Here’s Berglund’s full statement from The Denver Post.

Berglund, from Valor Christian High School, originally committed to the Buffaloes over the summer.

The high school senior is ranked as the No. 13 dual-threat quarterback in the nation by Rivals.com. He's also listed as the third-best player in his class in the state of Colorado.

Berglund's commitment comes a week after KU missed out on Zack Stoudt, the second-ranked juco quarterback in the nation.

Stoudt, a 6-foot-5, 235-pound pro-style quarterback, picked Mississippi over KU.

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2010/dec/20/report-three-star-qb-brock-berglund-decommits-colo/
He looks like he is 40.

Mr. Plow
12-21-2010, 08:24 AM
He looks like he is 40.

And he went to a Christian High School, so we know he won't be staying out late or talking to girls after 10pm.

King_Chief_Fan
12-21-2010, 08:25 AM
Kansas football repository??

Kansas football is more of a suppository

ArrowheadHawk
12-21-2010, 08:41 AM
Kansas football repository??

Kansas football is more of a suppository

You are welcome to leave.

Lzen
12-21-2010, 10:23 AM
Decent pickup, I guess. I'm more interested in the talk/rumor that the chancellor told Bubba that Gill was safe for 5 years and/or that any decisions had to go through her. :rolleyes: I think its time to get a new chancellor.

Pants
12-21-2010, 10:42 AM
Decent pickup, I guess. I'm more interested in the talk/rumor that the chancellor told Bubba that Gill was safe for 5 years and/or that any decisions had to go through her. :rolleyes: I think its time to get a new chancellor.

I think that was just a silly rumor. I think the real reason was that the next AD is going to have a very short and tight leash around them post Lew. I think it's going to be pretty hard to hire anyone worth anything like that. It is what it is.

King_Chief_Fan
12-21-2010, 11:37 AM
You are welcome to leave.

so can Kansas football......oh wait...it already has:doh!:

Brock
12-21-2010, 11:41 AM
so can Kansas football......oh wait...it already has:doh!:

HA HA HA HA HA HA!

ArrowheadHawk
12-27-2010, 10:50 AM
Prep CB Kenneth Lynn out of Dallas commits to Kansas football team
By Matt Tait
The incoming Kansas University football recruiting class continues to pick up steam.

This weekend, the Jayhawks learned cornerback Kenneth Lynn, out of Kimball High in Dallas, had become the latest member of the Class of 2011 to commit orally to KU.

Advertisement
Lynn’s commitment to KU came at the expense of Iowa State, which had received a pledge from Lynn earlier this year.

Lynn’s relationship with KU receivers coach Darrell Wyatt and his visit to campus earlier this month led to his change of heart.

“Coach Wyatt was the main recruiter at Kansas,” Lynn told Jon Kirby of Rivals.com. “He was always recruiting me and came down to see me. When I called him he was excited I was picking Kansas. I just felt comfortable with the people and players at Kansas. I think it was a better fit for me. I know I will get along with all of the people in the program.”

Lynn, 5-foot-11, 165 pounds, was named to the Texas all-district first team last week. This season, he grabbed four interceptions and returned three for touchdowns. Lynn has been clocked at 4.45 seconds in the 40-yard dash and has a vertical leap of 36 inches. He chose Kansas over Iowa State, Memphis, Utah and UTEP.

Lynn, a three-star Rivals recruit, becomes the 22nd player to commit to Kansas during coach Turner Gill’s first complete recruiting class. Last year’s class, which included 18 players, was made up of a mixture of players recruited by Gill and former KU coach Mark Mangino.

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2010/dec/27/prep-cb-commits-kansas/

Bambi
01-04-2011, 11:22 AM
Players who are signed and set to come in for spring practice so far:

Dylan Admire OL 6-2/264 *** 27th ranked OG in nation
Brock Berglund QB 6-4/205 *** 13th ranked DT-QB in nation
Darrian Miller RB 5-10/181 **** 23rd ranked RB in nation

Saul Good
01-04-2011, 11:44 AM

What in the hell does "13th ranked DT-QB in the nation" mean? He's obviously not ranked 13th at either position. Is KU going to have a 205 pound DT line up behind Center?

Lzen
01-04-2011, 11:47 AM
What in the hell does "13th ranked DT-QB in the nation" mean? He's obviously not ranked 13th at either position. Is KU going to have a 205 pound DT line up behind Center?

He must not be very good. I mean he's ranked 13th. How many possible DT-QBs could there be?

Saulbadguy
01-04-2011, 11:49 AM

Most likely "Dual Threat"

Bambi
01-04-2011, 12:14 PM

"Dual threat"

For example Bubba Starling is the #7 DT-QB, Brock is #13.

Sorry for the confusion. No, he doesn't play on the line.

ArrowheadHawk
01-04-2011, 09:38 PM
Gill better show me something next year or he has got to go.

Buehler445
01-04-2011, 11:29 PM

REALLY needed to go this year, but since that didn't happen, it's time to get something going.

Imon Yourside
01-04-2011, 11:34 PM
I don't foresee anything special under Gill, that being said i still don't have a correct pulse on the guy. So i guess what i'm saying is....let's wait and see. Ya that's definitely it.

ArrowheadHawk
01-05-2011, 09:08 AM
REALLY needed to go this year, but since that didn't happen, it's time to get something going.

I don't foresee anything special under Gill, that being said i still don't have a correct pulse on the guy. So i guess what i'm saying is....let's wait and see. Ya that's definitely it.

What other choice do we have? Time to hope for the best.

Reerun_KC
01-05-2011, 09:33 AM
What other choice do we have? Time to hope for the best.
Really dont have a choice.

But KU better see some improvement and a .500 record this year or Gill should be on the hot seat...

Bambi
01-05-2011, 10:59 AM

Well, he's got 22 recruits coming in this year so he's got a real opportunity to show us what he's all about.

The QB issue has to be worked out. Don't be surprised if one of the two true freshmen are to take over in the fall.

mikeyis4dcats.
01-05-2011, 11:03 AM

http://www.stevetierney.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Lemmings.jpg

Bambi
01-19-2011, 03:29 PM
Gill lands another 4 star recruit today.

Anthony Pierson from East St. Louis

RockChalk
01-19-2011, 03:43 PM
Gill lands another 4 star recruit today.

Anthony Pierson from East St. Louis

I'm probably give 99.9% of the credit to Reggie Mitchell

Bambi
01-19-2011, 03:53 PM
I'm probably give 99.9% of the credit to Reggie Mitchell

Well that is his role.

:hmmm:

RockChalk
01-19-2011, 03:57 PM
Well that is his role.

:hmmm:

I'd just like to know what kool-aid he's giving these kids. I mean other than immediate playing time, there isn't much to offer because nothing Gill did in his first year gives you hope that he can coach.

Can he motivate? The jury is still out. But the 2010 team often looked unprepared and disinterested. Maybe it was a complete lack of talent across the board, but it's hard to believe that the returning players from 2009 declined on their own.

I believe Gill should get 2-3 years to prove himself, but his debut season didn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling about his coaching abilities.

Bambi
01-19-2011, 07:46 PM
I'd just like to know what kool-aid he's giving these kids. I mean other than immediate playing time, there isn't much to offer because nothing Gill did in his first year gives you hope that he can coach.

Can he motivate? The jury is still out. But the 2010 team often looked unprepared and disinterested. Maybe it was a complete lack of talent across the board, but it's hard to believe that the returning players from 2009 declined on their own.

I believe Gill should get 2-3 years to prove himself, but his debut season didn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling about his coaching abilities.

You know who this guy is?

http://affordablesportsequipment.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/James-Starks_2.jpg

His name is James Starks. He's the starting running back for the Green Bay Packers playing this Sunday afternoon in the NFC Championship game. He played college football at Buffalo for Turner Gill.

The problem for KU last year was lack of talent at key positions.

Turner Gill can coach. It's time for the rest of you to get on board...

Braincase
01-19-2011, 08:25 PM
http://www.stevetierney.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Lemmings.jpg

Ah yes, the lemmings myth. Created when Disney cinematographers herded frightened lemmings to a cliff and forced them to jump. Perpetuated by the ignorant.

Bambi
01-19-2011, 08:32 PM
Ah yes, the lemmings myth. Created when Disney cinematographers herded frightened lemmings to a cliff and forced them to jump. Perpetuated by the ignorant.

Cut him some slack. Snopes isn't very prevalent in the KSU community.

Braincase
01-19-2011, 08:43 PM
Cut him some slack. Snopes isn't very prevalent in the KSU community.

If there is one thing a K-State fan should recognize, it's that a team that sucks today may not necessarily suck in the future, and a team on top today is one retiring coach away from sucking tomorrow.

LiveSteam
01-19-2011, 09:09 PM

http://affordablesportsequipment.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/James-Starks_2.jpg

His name is James Starks. He's the starting running back for the Green Bay Packers playing this Sunday afternoon in the NFC Championship game. He played college football at Buffalo for Turner Gill.

THIS

RockChalk
01-20-2011, 08:38 AM

James Starks has one good NFL game and you reach the conclusion that Turner Gill can coach. Interesting logic there...:hmmm:

Saulbadguy
01-20-2011, 10:11 AM

It was an awesome game, though.

Extra Point
01-20-2011, 10:19 AM

He's 1/2 the man Mangino was, only by weight and volume.

Lzen
01-20-2011, 11:14 AM
James Starks has one good NFL game and you reach the conclusion that Turner Gill can coach. Interesting logic there...:hmmm:

Yeah, I don't buy that logic. Gill had talent with which to work last year. But I'm hoping that it was just a reflection of the change in staff and philosophies. Not holding my breath, though.

Saulbadguy
01-20-2011, 11:16 AM
I will still watch the team and possibly attend a couple of games, but I won't be renewing the season tickets.

I still find this hilarious. Will you renew them after they have a winning season?

RockChalk
01-20-2011, 11:16 AM
Yeah, I don't buy that logic. Gill had talent with which to work last year. But I'm hoping that it was just a reflection of the change in staff and philosophies. Not holding my breath, though.

I won't either. I think he should get 2 more years, but if 2011 is as big a failure as 2010 (or even worse...gulp) then he should go.

ArrowheadHawk
01-20-2011, 03:35 PM
I still find this hilarious. Will you renew them after they have a winning season?

Hell they don't even need a winning season. Just don't get blown out every damn conference game. Also the wife may not let me get them even if I want them. I get kind of riled up when my team is doing badly, which was a lot last season. And I would sometimes yell inappropriate things that would embarrass my wife. She would much rather sit in a different place at every game we go to so she doesn't have to face the same people over and over again that I have embarrassed her in front of. Plus I spent way too much money. If I do it again it will probably tickets that cost half the price.

So Saul I guess I should just keep buying tickets when I don't like what I see on the field? I'd much rather only waste 3 hours watching it on TV (IF the Big 12 pulls its head out of its ass) then 7 hours tailgating and what not just to watch an ass whipping.

ArrowheadHawk
01-23-2011, 03:52 PM
New recruit committed. 3 Star DE from Wichita. Looks like we beat out TCU and Oklahoma State.

http://kansas.scout.com/a.z?s=172&p=8&c=1&nid=5391433

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PnLQ9MO8Ndw" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

Looks like he can play several positions.

ArrowheadHawk
01-23-2011, 06:54 PM
Add another one. Beat out Arkansas and Mississippi State
Defensive End Javonte Daniel Picks Kansas (http://www.rockchalktalk.com/2011/1/23/1952146/defensive-end-javonte-daniel-picks-kansas)
http://kansas.scout.com/a.z?s=172&p=8&c=1&nid=4539180
<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sYmZcefxGyU" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

ArrowheadHawk
01-23-2011, 06:57 PM
Gill is on a recruiting tear.

kcchiefsus
01-23-2011, 07:04 PM

Ron Zook could recruit too.

ArrowheadHawk
01-23-2011, 07:08 PM
Ron Zook could recruit too.

He has had five winning seasons and finished in the top 25 4 times. I would love to have that at Kansas.

chiefsfan987
01-23-2011, 07:12 PM

We'll take any good news we can get.

ArrowheadHawk
01-23-2011, 07:16 PM
We'll take any good news we can get.

I just hope we see a difference on the field.

Bambi
01-23-2011, 09:37 PM
Wow, recruits up to 25.

Looking to be one of the greatest classes in KU history.

Starks dominated today too. Time to get on board kids...

ArrowheadHawk
01-24-2011, 02:50 PM
A JUCO Safety committed today. Tunde Bakare. This guy is only a 2 Star and we beat out the likes of East Carolina, Minnesota and Tennessee State. :) But still it could work out.

http://kansas.scout.com/a.z?s=172&p=8&c=1&nid=5071696

<div><object width="576" height="324"><param name="movie" value="http://d.yimg.com/nl/rivals/site/player.swf"></param><param name="flashVars" value="vid=23433539&shareUrl=http%3A//rivals.yahoo.com/video/recruiting-football/Bakare-makes-some-big-sticks-938652&"></param><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed width="576" height="324" allowFullScreen="true" src="http://d.yimg.com/nl/rivals/site/player.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashvars="vid=23433539&shareUrl=http%3A//rivals.yahoo.com/video/recruiting-football/Bakare-makes-some-big-sticks-938652&"></embed></object></div>

Bambi
01-25-2011, 12:40 PM
A JUCO Safety committed today. Tunde Bakare. This guy is only a 2 Star and we beat out the likes of East Carolina, Minnesota and Tennessee State. :) But still it could work out.

http://kansas.scout.com/a.z?s=172&p=8&c=1&nid=5071696

<div><object width="576" height="324"><param name="movie" value="http://d.yimg.com/nl/rivals/site/player.swf"></param><param name="flashVars" value="vid=23433539&shareUrl=http%3A//rivals.yahoo.com/video/recruiting-football/Bakare-makes-some-big-sticks-938652&"></param><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed width="576" height="324" allowFullScreen="true" src="http://d.yimg.com/nl/rivals/site/player.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashvars="vid=23433539&shareUrl=http%3A//rivals.yahoo.com/video/recruiting-football/Bakare-makes-some-big-sticks-938652&"></embed></object></div>

Runs a 4.35 though. Stick him somewhere and see what happens

ArrowheadHawk
01-25-2011, 03:00 PM
Runs a 4.35 though. Stick him somewhere and see what happens

Gill likes him some speed.

ArrowheadHawk
01-25-2011, 03:06 PM
Schedule

ROYC75
01-25-2011, 04:59 PM

Did you stop being a fan in Kitten land when they sucked in CBB? You are more loyal to them than paying your bets off.

Man that's some major credibility issues.

Bambi
01-26-2011, 04:18 PM
KU picks up another one...

http://rivals.yahoo.com/houston/football/recruiting/player-Marquis-Jackson-104055

That's 26?

Mr. Laz
01-26-2011, 04:52 PM
KU picks up another one...

http://rivals.yahoo.com/houston/football/recruiting/player-Marquis-Jackson-104055

That's 26?
if nothing else, Gil seems to be able to recruit

Rivals.com is reporting that Texas all-state wideout Marquis Jackson will join Kansas.

Marquis Jackson

Rivals Rating 3 stars

<table id="ysr-rankings-table"><caption>
</caption><tbody><tr><td class="first">
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td></tr></tbody></table>Rivals Rating 5.6 MORE RANKINGS

Rankings index » (http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylt=A2KIRoLupEBNIGoAcRkWsJB4/SIG=11k40lvna/**http%3A//houston.rivals.com/ranking.asp%3Fsport=1)
http://l.yimg.com/a/p/sp/r/52/522b2c172cbae89c06d108a6094c1642/56750.jpg
View Photo Gallery (7) (http://rivals.yahoo.com/houston/football/recruiting/recruit-photos-104055;_ylt=A2KIRoLupEBNIGoAchkWsJB4)
Add to Favorites (https://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylt=A2KIRoLupEBNIGoAcxkWsJB4/SIG=15a66ej06/**https%3A//login.yahoo.com/config/login%3F.src=spt%26.done=http%253A%252F%252Frivals.yahoo.com%252Fhouston%252Ffootball%252Frecruiting %252Fplayer-Marquis-Jackson-104055)
Wide Receiver (http://rivals.yahoo.com/houston/football/recruiting/recruit-search-results;_ylt=A2KIRoLupEBNIGoAdBkWsJB4?sport=football&year=2011&position=9&position_text=Wide+Receiver&detail=12&detail_text=Wide+Receiver)
Fort Worth, Texas (http://rivals.yahoo.com/houston/football/recruiting/recruit-search-results;_ylt=A2KIRoLupEBNIGoAdRkWsJB4?sport=football&year=2011&hometown=Fort+Worth&state=Texas)
Arlington Heights (http://rivals.yahoo.com/houston/football/recruiting/recruit-search-results;_ylt=A2KIRoLupEBNIGoAdhkWsJB4?sport=football&year=2011&highschool_text=Arlington+Heights&highschools=14550&state=Texas)
View Map (http://rivals.yahoo.com/houston/football/recruiting/recruit-search-results-map;_ylt=A2KIRoLupEBNIGoAdxkWsJB4?sport=football&prospectid=104055)

Ht:6'0"verified (http://rivals.yahoo.com/houston/football/recruiting/event-169;_ylt=A2KIRoLupEBNIGoAeBkWsJB4?prospect_id=104055)
Wt:205 lbs verified (http://rivals.yahoo.com/houston/football/recruiting/event-169;_ylt=A2KIRoLupEBNIGoAeRkWsJB4?prospect_id=104055)
40:4.4 secs
Shuttle:4.09
Class:2011 (High School)
- data verified (events (http://rivals.yahoo.com/houston/football/recruiting/event-169;_ylt=A2KIRoLupEBNIGoAehkWsJB4?prospect_id=104055))

http://l.yimg.com/a/p/i/bcst/yp/rivals/13558/103191137.gifMarquis Jackson Highlights 1 (http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recruiting-football/Marquis-Jackson-Highlights-1-88834;_ylt=A2KIRoLupEBNIGoAexkWsJB4)1 videos available » (http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/list;_ylt=A2KIRoLupEBNIGoAfBkWsJB4?prospect_ids=104055)

Reerun_KC
01-26-2011, 04:54 PM
WTF is Radio doing to land these recruits?

Mr. Laz
01-26-2011, 04:55 PM
WTF is Radio doing to land these recruits?
i don't wanna think about it tbh

ArrowheadHawk
01-26-2011, 09:53 PM
Well he is definitely taking care of his recruiting part of his opening speech. Now its time to beat Mizzou.

|Zach|
04-03-2011, 05:31 PM
Ex-Kansas d-coordinator Clint Bowen on Aqib Talib: "I don't think he ever went to a single class, but he still got a 2.7 (GPA) at Kansas."

Evan Silva
http://twitter.com/#!/evansilva/status/54680320049557504

NFL writer for NBC Sports, Profootballtalk.com, Rotoworld

kstater
04-03-2011, 05:36 PM
Ex-Kansas d-coordinator Clint Bowen on Aqib Talib: "I don't think he ever went to a single class, but he still got a 2.7 (GPA) at Kansas."

Evan Silva
http://twitter.com/#!/evansilva/status/54680320049557504 (http://twitter.com/#%21/evansilva/status/54680320049557504)

NFL writer for NBC Sports, Profootballtalk.com, Rotoworld

Haters gonna hate.

Reerun_KC
04-03-2011, 07:35 PM
Haters gonna hate.

Whiners gonna whine...

ArrowheadHawk
04-04-2011, 08:03 AM
Kansas Jayhawk Spring Football Outlook: Running Back
by KU Grad 08 on Apr 4, 2011 8:15 AM CDT in Kansas Jayhawk Football 2011

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/1003626/51197_kansas_iowa_st_football.jpg
Before last season started, I teased coach Gill and his staff about the number of running backs the team was stock piling. I mean, why do we need 8 guys for a position that will have one, maybe two, guys on the field? Well, as we found out quickly with the quarterback situation, you can never have too many quality guys anywhere.

The season started with journeyman Angus Quigley as RB1, a guy who had played LB the previous season. With some good depth at RB, it appeared Gill and co. wanted to redshirt talented freshman James Sims and Brandon Bourbon. However, Quigley and Deshaun Sands were woefully ineffective in the debacle against North Dakota State, and wound up quickly losing their spots in the rotation. For the year, Quigley would only rush the ball a whooping 71 times. Enter freshman Ryan Sims, and everything changed.

Sims ended up carrying the ball 168 times for 748 yards, a healthy 4.4 yards per carry, and scored nine touchdowns. Due to the Jayhawks’ struggles in the passing game (and that might be putting it lightly), the true freshman was often the only offensive threat out there.

Now, KU returns Sims and adds some new talent to the position. In all likelihood, running back is the area where KU is the strongest.

James Sims – 6’, 226 – Sophomore

Sims had pretty much the most productive of a season as you could expect from a true freshman. He displayed a great balance of speed and power, giving the Jayhawks something they could rely on offensively that was missing early in the year. It was no surprise that Sims’ two best performances came in two KU victories – he ran for 101 yards and a score against Georgia Tech and torched Colorado for 123 yards and four touchdowns. Our own Rivet has around 11 posters of Sims in his house, so that has to count for something as well.

Heading into the 2011 season, it appears the job is the sophomore’s to lose. That being said, Sims will face plenty of competition this spring and fall for playing time.

Deshaun Sands – 5’7, 190 – Sophomore

Deshaun is the son of KU legend Tony "Tuxedo" Sands, and many thought he would have an outside shot at some serious PT heading into last season. Sands never really found a role in Chuck Long’s offense, finishing with 216 yards off 55 attempts. He is an undersized scat-back type, but as the year progressed, KU often used other weapons such as D.J. Beshears as a changeup from Sims. Sands had his chances, earning 10 attempts against North Dakota State and 11 against Southern Miss. He just wasn’t very productive, and at this point, it’s hard to see him ever being a big factor in KU’s rushing attack.

Heading into 2011, it appears Sands will likely remain a backup. He is young and has plenty of time to develop, but it appears he has a lot of work to do to climb up the depth chart.

D.J. Beshears – 5’8, 174 – Junior

While he is technically listed as a wide receiver, Beshears also ran the ball at times last season for the Jayhawks, while also serving as the team’s kick returner. Beshears is a slash type player – basically he is fast and deadly with the ball in his hands, and the coaches want him out there in any capacity to make plays. Beshears ran the ball 55 times for 226 yards, giving KU a home run threat from RB, WR and kick returner.

While Beshears is dangerous, I would expect his time as a running back to decrease next season with several talented arrivals to the position. However, he has shown the ability to be an electric kick returner, and I expect the coaching staff will continue to find ways to get him the ball.

Rell Lewis – 5’9, 205 – Senior

Rell is a guy who has seemingly always been in the conversation to be in the mix at running back, but has never actually gotten there. He has struggled with injuries throughout his career at KU, and missed all of last season after suffering a season-ending leg injury in August practice.

Many people are counting Lewis out, but I’m not so sure. Rell moved up to number two in the depth chart before getting hurt last year, and has shown flashes at times when he has actually been on the field. It appears though that Lewis will need a monster spring to get back in the mix for playing time. One area Lewis could find some playing time is on special teams – he played in every game on special teams in 2009.

Brandon Bourbon – 6’1, 208 – RS Freshman

Bourbon was a guy who was labeled as a big-time get for Gill and his staff, and he appears to have all of the physical tools needed to excel at the college level. For being a guy with decent size, Bourbon also boasts a 4.45 40 time. In his junior season of high school, bourbon finished with 248 carries for 2,420 yards and 29 touchdowns.

Despite all the bodies at the running back position, I would expect Bourbon to get some pretty solid playing time this season. The guy looks the part, and the staff loves his speed. I wouldn’t be surprised if by season’s end, Bourbon was heavily involved in the offense, possibly competing for starter’s minutes.

Darrian Miller – 5’10, 181 – Freshman

Darrian "the barbarian" was the top overall recruit in the state of Missouri and the biggest recruit KU has landed in a long time. Miller isn’t a big guy, but he is very quick and appears to be a potential game-breaker. In his junior season at Kansas City’s own Blue Springs High School, Miller rushed the ball 309 times for 2,798 yards (9.1 ypc). He also scored an insane 37 touchdowns. He also showed the ability to catch the ball out of the backfield, grabbing 24 receptions for another three scores.

It will be interesting to see if Miller is able to crack the rotation and get some playing time. A lot of talk around Kansas City is that Gill and Reggie Miller told Darrian he would have the opportunity to compete for the starting job and playing time from day one. He certainly has the physical tools to do so, and a good spring could help Miller find a spot in the rotation.

Ryan Burton – 5-9, 187 – Sophomore

Burton has pretty much been a special teams player since arriving at KU, but a pretty good one at that. He was named special teams player of the week against North Dakota State, and also picked up an Offensive Scout Team Player of the Week award.

With so many talented players at RB, Burton isn’t going to crack the rotation in his tenure with the Jayhawks.

Position Synopsis

Whew, I’m out of breath. Like I said earlier, this is the position with the most talent on the roster, and some fierce competition for minutes should lead to the juiciest position battle we will see all offseason. Sims had a very good freshman season, but KU has added three four-star recruits to the mix, a talented three star recruit and returned several guys who saw playing time last year. The staff has emphasized speed, speed, and more speed, and this collection of players would make Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock blush. I’d expect Sims to be the favorite to start, but expect to see a lot of guys carry the ball next year.

http://www.rockchalktalk.com/2011/4/4/2088728/kansas-jayhawk-spring-football-positional-previews-running-back

Spicy McHaggis
04-04-2011, 08:19 AM
An attack featuring Sims, Bourbon and Miller seems quite nice.

Bambi
04-04-2011, 09:25 AM
Kansas Jayhawk Spring Football Outlook: Running Back
by KU Grad 08 on Apr 4, 2011 8:15 AM CDT in Kansas Jayhawk Football 2011

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/1003626/51197_kansas_iowa_st_football.jpg
Before last season started, I teased coach Gill and his staff about the number of running backs the team was stock piling. I mean, why do we need 8 guys for a position that will have one, maybe two, guys on the field? Well, as we found out quickly with the quarterback situation, you can never have too many quality guys anywhere.

The season started with journeyman Angus Quigley as RB1, a guy who had played LB the previous season. With some good depth at RB, it appeared Gill and co. wanted to redshirt talented freshman James Sims and Brandon Bourbon. However, Quigley and Deshaun Sands were woefully ineffective in the debacle against North Dakota State, and wound up quickly losing their spots in the rotation. For the year, Quigley would only rush the ball a whooping 71 times. Enter freshman Ryan Sims, and everything changed.

Sims ended up carrying the ball 168 times for 748 yards, a healthy 4.4 yards per carry, and scored nine touchdowns. Due to the Jayhawks’ struggles in the passing game (and that might be putting it lightly), the true freshman was often the only offensive threat out there.

Now, KU returns Sims and adds some new talent to the position. In all likelihood, running back is the area where KU is the strongest.

James Sims – 6’, 226 – Sophomore

Sims had pretty much the most productive of a season as you could expect from a true freshman. He displayed a great balance of speed and power, giving the Jayhawks something they could rely on offensively that was missing early in the year. It was no surprise that Sims’ two best performances came in two KU victories – he ran for 101 yards and a score against Georgia Tech and torched Colorado for 123 yards and four touchdowns. Our own Rivet has around 11 posters of Sims in his house, so that has to count for something as well.

Heading into the 2011 season, it appears the job is the sophomore’s to lose. That being said, Sims will face plenty of competition this spring and fall for playing time.

Deshaun Sands – 5’7, 190 – Sophomore

Deshaun is the son of KU legend Tony "Tuxedo" Sands, and many thought he would have an outside shot at some serious PT heading into last season. Sands never really found a role in Chuck Long’s offense, finishing with 216 yards off 55 attempts. He is an undersized scat-back type, but as the year progressed, KU often used other weapons such as D.J. Beshears as a changeup from Sims. Sands had his chances, earning 10 attempts against North Dakota State and 11 against Southern Miss. He just wasn’t very productive, and at this point, it’s hard to see him ever being a big factor in KU’s rushing attack.

Heading into 2011, it appears Sands will likely remain a backup. He is young and has plenty of time to develop, but it appears he has a lot of work to do to climb up the depth chart.

D.J. Beshears – 5’8, 174 – Junior

While he is technically listed as a wide receiver, Beshears also ran the ball at times last season for the Jayhawks, while also serving as the team’s kick returner. Beshears is a slash type player – basically he is fast and deadly with the ball in his hands, and the coaches want him out there in any capacity to make plays. Beshears ran the ball 55 times for 226 yards, giving KU a home run threat from RB, WR and kick returner.

While Beshears is dangerous, I would expect his time as a running back to decrease next season with several talented arrivals to the position. However, he has shown the ability to be an electric kick returner, and I expect the coaching staff will continue to find ways to get him the ball.

Rell Lewis – 5’9, 205 – Senior

Rell is a guy who has seemingly always been in the conversation to be in the mix at running back, but has never actually gotten there. He has struggled with injuries throughout his career at KU, and missed all of last season after suffering a season-ending leg injury in August practice.

Many people are counting Lewis out, but I’m not so sure. Rell moved up to number two in the depth chart before getting hurt last year, and has shown flashes at times when he has actually been on the field. It appears though that Lewis will need a monster spring to get back in the mix for playing time. One area Lewis could find some playing time is on special teams – he played in every game on special teams in 2009.

Brandon Bourbon – 6’1, 208 – RS Freshman

Bourbon was a guy who was labeled as a big-time get for Gill and his staff, and he appears to have all of the physical tools needed to excel at the college level. For being a guy with decent size, Bourbon also boasts a 4.45 40 time. In his junior season of high school, bourbon finished with 248 carries for 2,420 yards and 29 touchdowns.

Despite all the bodies at the running back position, I would expect Bourbon to get some pretty solid playing time this season. The guy looks the part, and the staff loves his speed. I wouldn’t be surprised if by season’s end, Bourbon was heavily involved in the offense, possibly competing for starter’s minutes.

Darrian Miller – 5’10, 181 – Freshman

Darrian "the barbarian" was the top overall recruit in the state of Missouri and the biggest recruit KU has landed in a long time. Miller isn’t a big guy, but he is very quick and appears to be a potential game-breaker. In his junior season at Kansas City’s own Blue Springs High School, Miller rushed the ball 309 times for 2,798 yards (9.1 ypc). He also scored an insane 37 touchdowns. He also showed the ability to catch the ball out of the backfield, grabbing 24 receptions for another three scores.

It will be interesting to see if Miller is able to crack the rotation and get some playing time. A lot of talk around Kansas City is that Gill and Reggie Miller told Darrian he would have the opportunity to compete for the starting job and playing time from day one. He certainly has the physical tools to do so, and a good spring could help Miller find a spot in the rotation.

Ryan Burton – 5-9, 187 – Sophomore

Burton has pretty much been a special teams player since arriving at KU, but a pretty good one at that. He was named special teams player of the week against North Dakota State, and also picked up an Offensive Scout Team Player of the Week award.

With so many talented players at RB, Burton isn’t going to crack the rotation in his tenure with the Jayhawks.

Position Synopsis

Whew, I’m out of breath. Like I said earlier, this is the position with the most talent on the roster, and some fierce competition for minutes should lead to the juiciest position battle we will see all offseason. Sims had a very good freshman season, but KU has added three four-star recruits to the mix, a talented three star recruit and returned several guys who saw playing time last year. The staff has emphasized speed, speed, and more speed, and this collection of players would make Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock blush. I’d expect Sims to be the favorite to start, but expect to see a lot of guys carry the ball next year.

http://www.rockchalktalk.com/2011/4/4/2088728/kansas-jayhawk-spring-football-positional-previews-running-back

and Dreamius!

Bambi
04-08-2011, 10:31 AM
Love the exposure we get nowadays of practice and behind the scenes..

The team is still growing but Kansas for sure aces the "hard knocks" style of coverage of the football team.

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/21851566" width="400" height="225" frameborder="0"></iframe><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/21851566">SPRING FOOTBALL - PLAY OF THE DAY # 1</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/kuathletics">Kansas Jayhawks</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

Bambi
04-08-2011, 10:44 AM
Also, is there a better website in college football?

http://www.coachturnergill.com/

new uniforms? names return? red stripe??

http://i53.tinypic.com/ejinhg.png

http://i56.tinypic.com/o734nc.png

Saulbadguy
04-08-2011, 11:24 AM
Haha. ADIDAS is a joke.

Pants
04-08-2011, 11:29 AM
Love the new unis. And that website is fucking sick.

Growing up with soccer, Adidas will always be my #1.

ArrowheadHawk
04-12-2011, 12:33 PM
Also, is there a better website in college football?

http://www.coachturnergill.com/

new uniforms? names return? red stripe??

http://i53.tinypic.com/ejinhg.png

http://i56.tinypic.com/o734nc.png

I like the names returning. Crimson stripe on the helmet is nice to see back also.

Titty Meat
04-12-2011, 01:34 PM
Ku has a football team?

Braincase
04-12-2011, 01:39 PM
Haha. ADIDAS is a joke.

Boy, I'm going to crack you over the head with my new TaylorMade driver...

Bambi
04-14-2011, 07:03 PM
Kale Pick the new Kerry Meier?

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/22412616" width="400" height="225" frameborder="0"></iframe><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/22412616">KANSAS SPRING FOOTBALL - PLAY OF THE DAY #8</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/kuathletics">Kansas Jayhawks</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

ArrowheadHawk
04-15-2011, 09:51 AM
Kale Pick the new Kerry Meier?

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/22412616" width="400" height="225" frameborder="0"></iframe><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/22412616">KANSAS SPRING FOOTBALL - PLAY OF THE DAY #8</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/kuathletics">Kansas Jayhawks</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

Nice.

Pants
04-15-2011, 10:18 AM
Ku has a football team?

76-39.

SEVENTY.

SIX.

Reerun_KC
04-15-2011, 10:23 AM
You guys starting to feel better about the direction Radio is taking the team?

Titty Meat
04-15-2011, 12:04 PM
76-39.

SEVENTY.

SIX.

kstater
04-15-2011, 12:10 PM

I'm thrilled with it.

Pants
04-15-2011, 12:17 PM

That's cool. I'm not saying KU football is a dynasty, brah, I'm just saying that we must have a team judging by the fact that we curb-stomped the ex-juggernaut of the B12. LMAO

SEVENTY.

SIX.

Jesus.

Titty Meat
04-15-2011, 12:18 PM
That's cool. I'm not saying KU football is a dynasty, brah, I'm just saying that we must have a team judging by the fact that we curb-stomped the ex-juggernaut of the B12. LMAO

SEVENTY.

SIX.

Jesus.

WE HAVE A BASKETBALL TEAM WE BEAT KU IN 2003 BY TWENTY.

TWEN

TY

Pants
04-15-2011, 12:24 PM
WE HAVE A BASKETBALL TEAM WE BEAT KU IN 2003 BY TWENTY.

TWEN

TY

Did I go into a Nebraska basketball thread and ask whether Nebraska even had a team? Your level or retard never stop reaching new heights, bahbahbillay.

ArrowheadHawk
04-15-2011, 12:25 PM
I like what I hear but until I see it on the field, no. This year will be telling.

Titty Meat
04-15-2011, 12:27 PM
Next years recruiting will be interesting theres more D-1 talent in the KC Metro area and the state of Kansas then I can ever remember.

Reerun_KC
04-15-2011, 01:01 PM
What is amusing about you Billay... Why you have to troll KU/MU/KSU threads to try and validate Nebraska relevance.

I mean seriously, why do you care? 99% of us could care fucking less about NU in any sport, espeically now that they are not part of the Big 12 anymore.

The fact that you obsess over our opinions of NU is kind of pathetic dont you think?

Reerun_KC
04-15-2011, 01:02 PM
I like what I hear but until I see it on the field, no. This year will be telling.

I like the increase of talent, I just hope he can put it together...

sedated
04-15-2011, 01:02 PM
76-39.

SEVENTY.

SIX.

the only reason billay is still here is because his dumbassery gets a reaction from you.

Reerun_KC
04-15-2011, 01:03 PM
I'm thrilled with it.

Yeah, I bet! We arent all as lucky as KSU. We dont get DOD's, DVD's and Scary Smart football coaches.... :huh:

Pants
04-15-2011, 01:46 PM
the only reason billay is still here is because his dumbassery gets a reaction from you.

But I like putting him down....

:(

Titty Meat
04-15-2011, 01:58 PM
What is amusing about you Billay... Why you have to troll KU/MU/KSU threads to try and validate Nebraska relevance.

I mean seriously, why do you care? 99% of us could care ****ing less about NU in any sport, espeically now that they are not part of the Big 12 anymore.

The fact that you obsess over our opinions of NU is kind of pathetic dont you think?

I don't troll to make Nebraska relevant I do it to get a reaction and it works 100% of the time.

Pants
04-15-2011, 02:10 PM
I don't troll to make Nebraska relevant I do it to get a reaction and it works 100% of the time.

/flex

/dildo

You're a bad troll billay. Good trolls aren't laughed at by the people they try to troll.

Titty Meat
04-15-2011, 04:03 PM
/flex

/dildo

You're a bad troll billay. Good trolls aren't laughed at by the people they try to troll.

/Smashes keyboard

/skips taking prozac

Troll expert?

Pants
04-15-2011, 04:29 PM
/Smashes keyboard

/skips taking prozac

Troll expert?

Hey, billay, you never told me why you associated Paxil with anger issues. I mean, there's no way that even pops into anyone's head unless they have some personal experience with it.

Titty Meat
04-15-2011, 04:30 PM
You must never had taken any psych classes then.

Pants
04-15-2011, 04:32 PM

Actually, I have. They don't teach that in Psychology 101. You're talking about med school and clinical pharmacology here. Somehow I doubt you were taking any of those classes. So what gives?

Titty Meat
04-15-2011, 04:36 PM
Actually, I have. They don't teach that in Psychology 101. You're talking about med school and clinical pharmacology here. Somehow I doubt you were taking any of those classes. So what gives?

Would you like me to post a lists of mediciations i've been on? That would violate HIPA!

Pants
04-15-2011, 04:38 PM
Would you like me to post a lists of mediciations i've been on? That would violate HIPA!

You wouldn't be violating HIPAA by posting your own history, but forget I said anything, man.

Titty Meat
04-15-2011, 04:39 PM
You wouldn't be violating HIPAA by posting your own history, but forget I said anything, man.

If you are suggesting that I was previously on prozac lol I wasn't but I saw it on a TV show about children with behavior issues. Sometimes your angry posts remind me of that. Thats all.

Pants
04-15-2011, 04:40 PM
If you are suggesting that I was previously on prozac lol I wasn't but I saw it on a TV show about children with behavior issues. Sometimes your angry posts remind me of that. Thats all.

I see.

Terribilis
04-15-2011, 05:10 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JtsSLSGhdGg" allowfullscreen="" width="480" frameborder="0" height="390"></iframe>

Reerun_KC
04-15-2011, 05:47 PM

That clarifies what we knew all along... Thanks for the confirmation.

ArrowheadHawk
04-18-2011, 12:01 PM
4 Star WR CONNER CRANE on unofficial visit to KU today.

Bambi
04-18-2011, 01:04 PM
Any word on the Rockhurst kid Rose decommitting from Nebraska coming to KU?

Titty Meat
04-18-2011, 02:06 PM
Micheal is still a Nebraska verbal but hasn't made any decisions if he will visit KU or Mizzou.

Saul Good
04-18-2011, 03:09 PM

What psych classes have you taken that discuss specific anti-depressants? Did you have to study pharmacology while training to be a DJ?

Appetite suppresants and dietary supplements must have been graduate-level DJ school classes judging by your picture. I'm guessing you only got your undergrad in jockeying discs.

Titty Meat
04-18-2011, 03:31 PM
What psych classes have you taken that discuss specific anti-depressants? Did you have to study pharmacology while training to be a DJ?

Appetite suppresants and dietary supplements must have been graduate-level DJ school classes judging by your picture. I'm guessing you only got your undergrad in jockeying discs.

LOL @ the guy without a job trying to make fun of the guy with a job. Should I share your picture with everyone?

Mr. Plow
04-18-2011, 03:46 PM
You really....REALLY....dislike that picture being on here, don't you Bo?

Titty Meat
04-18-2011, 03:54 PM
I don't really care about the picture itself the way it was brought about was pretty shady. It's more of the fact this guy brings up a comment that was a joke between Pants & I about a week ago.

Saul Good
04-18-2011, 06:15 PM
LOL @ the guy without a job trying to make fun of the guy with a job. Should I share your picture with everyone?

Now I don't have a job? What happened to the $7 an hour job you said I had? Does this mean I'm going to lose my house in Illinois where you said I live, or is that an apartment in your fantasy world? I've got to keep up with this stuff.

Bambi
04-18-2011, 10:29 PM
ugh, Brandon Bourbon broke his leg today.

Out at least the rest of spring practice. sucks

ArrowheadHawk
04-19-2011, 10:26 AM
That sucks. ugh, Brandon Bourbon broke his leg today.

Out at least the rest of spring practice. sucks

Wickedson2.0
06-19-2011, 06:05 PM
Kansas locks down the #1 OL in the state this weekend.

kcchiefsus
06-19-2011, 06:21 PM
Kansas locks down the #1 OL in the state this weekend.

Offers from Kansas and Kansas State, how impressive.

Wickedson2.0
06-19-2011, 06:34 PM
Offers from Kansas and Kansas State, how impressive.

Might as well get the best the home state has to offer in any given year.

Looking forward to the continued rebuild of the program back to where it belongs.

|Zach|
06-19-2011, 07:00 PM
Love lifts us up where we belong.

Wickedson2.0
06-19-2011, 08:02 PM
Love lifts us up where we belong.

Tried and true.

Oh, and other stuff....

Al Bundy
07-20-2011, 07:03 PM
http://www.wibw.com/sports/headlines/Incoming_KU_Quarterback_Charged_With_Assault_125923128.html

Ooops.

Al Bundy
07-20-2011, 07:05 PM
Brock Berglund, an incoming freshman quarterback with the Kansas Jayhawks, has been charged with 3rd degree assault in Colorado. Berglund is scheduled to appear at a pre-trial conference in Douglas County, Colorado. The complaint was filed on June 24th.

Alcohol was said not to be involved in the situation. According to witnesses, Berglund allegedly came to the defense of his girlfriend after she was allegedly being harassed.

Head football coach Turner Gill released the following statement regarding the situation: “We are aware of the situation involving Brock Berglund. We are going to let the legal process run its course. We will also handle it appropriately internally here at KU.”

3rd degree assault is a Class 1 Misdemeanor in Colorado. Berglund has made off-season headlines by wavering about when he would come to campus in Lawrence.

RockChalk
07-20-2011, 07:46 PM
This kid sounds like a real winner so far.

Pants
07-20-2011, 08:06 PM
Hell yeah, dude. You have to defend your girl's honor. That little fucking pillowbitergot who was all over the girl probably pressed charges after Brock made him spit his teeth out.

Saulbadguy
07-21-2011, 06:51 AM
Brock Berglund, an incoming freshman quarterback with the Kansas Jayhawks, has been charged with 3rd degree assault in Colorado. Berglund is scheduled to appear at a pre-trial conference in Douglas County, Colorado. The complaint was filed on June 24th.

Alcohol was said not to be involved in the situation. According to witnesses, Berglund allegedly came to the defense of his girlfriend after she was allegedly being harassed.

Head football coach Turner Gill released the following statement regarding the situation: “We are aware of the situation involving Brock Berglund. We are going to let the legal process run its course. We will also handle it appropriately internally here at KU.”

3rd degree assault is a Class 1 Misdemeanor in Colorado. Berglund has made off-season headlines by wavering about when he would come to campus in Lawrence.

So far Turner Gill has been the anti-Seff when it comes to discipline. It will be interesting to see how he handles this.

Mr. Plow
07-21-2011, 07:16 AM

Unless there is more to this....and there probably is.....

Sounds like a guy was hitting on his girl, he went to put a stop to it, got into a fight and probably kicked the guys ass - then the guy decided to press charges.

Sounds like something just about any man would do for his girl.

ChiTown
07-21-2011, 07:19 AM
Hell yeah, dude. You have to defend your girl's honor. That little ****ing pillowbitergot who was all over the girl probably pressed charges after Brock made him spit his teeth out.

I'm sure that's the case, but be honest, Berglund appears to be a screwed up little douche.

Bambi
07-21-2011, 07:19 AM
Hell yeah, dude. You have to defend your girl's honor. That little ****ing pillowbitergot who was all over the girl probably pressed charges after Brock made him spit his teeth out.

If that's indeed how it went down then lets hope he gets it worked out.

Lzen
07-21-2011, 01:08 PM
Unless there is more to this....and there probably is.....

Sounds like a guy was hitting on his girl, he went to put a stop to it, got into a fight and probably kicked the guys ass - then the guy decided to press charges.

Sounds like something just about any man would do for his girl.

That's pretty much what I read into it.

cdirty
07-21-2011, 01:46 PM
KU Football rally at Larry Buds Thursday July 28 in wichita.

I guess Gayle Sayers is gonna be there too.

I went last year(?) before Gill's first season as coach. Was pretty cool to meet him and get a pic.

Doubt it will be too busy.

Titty Meat
07-21-2011, 01:57 PM

If it was after 10 it might not matter.

Pants
07-21-2011, 02:02 PM
If it was after 10 it might not matter.

LMAO

/sigh

Tactical Funky
07-21-2011, 03:45 PM
I once shattered a guy's eye socket after he threw a beer bottle at my girlfriend's head. I'm of the school of thought that if you mess with someone's girl, nearly anything that happens as a result is fair game.

3rd degree assault is child's play compared to the shit many football players have in their past. Testosterone, alcohol, and social settings never seem to mix well anyways.

Bambi
07-21-2011, 04:29 PM
I once shattered a guy's eye socket after he threw a beer bottle at my girlfriend's head. I'm of the school of thought that if you mess with someone's girl, nearly anything that happens as a result is fair game.

3rd degree assault is child's play compared to the shit many football players have in their past. Testosterone, alcohol, and social settings never seem to mix well anyways.

I'm not typically a Keegan fan but he made some good points on KK's show just now.

Saying that 3rd degree assault is a misdemeanor and shouldn't prevent you at all from traveling, leaving the state, going to school etc.

He questioned why someone who had the opportunity to come into a BCS school and take the starting QB job wouldn't jump at the chance.

BB has been to town multiple times. Attended multiple practices but doesn't seem to be going hard after the chance he's been given.

Not a good sign.

Bambi
07-21-2011, 05:01 PM
a little plot thickening

Through a statement released Thursday by his attorney, Kevin McGreevy of the law firm Ridley, McGreevy & Winocur P.C., Berglund denied the accusations.

The statement read: “Brock Berglund adamantly denies the allegation that he committed this misdemeanor assault. He will not be making any further statement to the media, but rather will resolve this matter through the court system.”

|Zach|
07-21-2011, 05:02 PM
This assault stuff which may may not be something is added to the players thinking the guy is mad dickish and not committed to the team. Dude sounds like a cancer.

Berglund initially committed to Colorado and de-committed after a coaching change. Shortly after pledging to the Jayhawks, he was asked by the Journal-World’s Matt Tait to name a quarterback he resembled.

“I would say Tim Tebow, Michael Vick and Peyton Manning, kind of all put together,” said Berglund, a 6-foot-4, 205-pound athlete reportedly blessed with ample mobility and throwing accuracy.

(By the way, did I ever mention I look like Conner Teahan, am built like Thomas Robinson, lead like Todd Reesing, sound like Hank Booth and pay like Lew Perkins?)

Sadly, Berglund expounded on the comparisons.

“My ability to make plays outside the pocket is a lot like Michael Vick’s,” he said. “When it’s third-and-27 and you’re just trying to get a few yards to punt, he makes a first down or a touchdown. Tim Tebow’s just a leader on the field and a motivator, and I like motivating. And I’d say I prepare like Peyton Manning does in the way that I watch tons and tons of film in a week and like to get ready for anything the defense can throw at me.”

Once he showed up on campus, teammates found him to be the personification of those boastful words. They put him in his place. Now, whether they did so with words or one player took it a step beyond is a matter of conjecture. Either way, he took his ball and went home.

Still, he was given another chance by coach Turner Gill. No way Berglund can get a uniform now that he hasn’t been showing up for the “voluntary” conditioning workouts. Now an exit strategy must be formulated. Gill can’t run him for not attending workouts the NCAA labels optional.

The most likely outcome has KU quietly announcing his departure once Berglund finds another school. For better or worse, this is Jordan Webb’s team. Nobody, least of all himself, ever has described Webb as a cross between Tom Brady and Joe Montana, but he works hard and lets others do the talking.

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2011/jul/02/brock-berglund-wont-suit-ku/

Saul Good
07-21-2011, 05:24 PM
The guy is Peyton Manning, Tim Tebow, and Michael Vick all rolled into one giant bag of douche. You can't let a talent like that leave.

Mr. Plow
07-22-2011, 06:52 AM
The guy is Peyton Manning, Tim Tebow, and Michael Vick all rolled into one giant bag of douche. You can't let a talent like that leave.

LMAO

KChiefs1
07-22-2011, 07:25 AM
Hey at least KU wasn't a unanimous pick for last!

Congrats!

eazyb81
07-22-2011, 08:13 AM

Yeah, as much as I hate ku, I agree. If the story is true and a dude was messing with his girl, then this is much ado about nothing, IMO. He did what anyone normal would do.

Bambi
07-27-2011, 12:03 PM
Kansas gets verbal from QB Seth Russell.

Hopefully between him and Brock it starts coming together at the position.

kepp
07-27-2011, 01:00 PM
Kansas gets verbal from QB Seth Russell.

Hopefully between him and Brock it starts coming together at the position.

It's ku...they'll surely come together at some point.

Saul Good
07-27-2011, 01:05 PM
KU beat out Wake Forest and North Texas among others for Seth. (By "others", I mean that those were the only 2 offers he got besides Kansas.)

There is also speculation that he is gay.

Saulbadguy
07-27-2011, 01:28 PM
I heard "rumblings" that Kansas will be switching to a 3-4 base defense. Truth? Any insiders want to comment on this?

Pants
07-27-2011, 01:30 PM
I heard "rumblings" that Kansas will be switching to a 3-4 base defense. Truth? Any insiders want to comment on this?

LMAO

Bambi
07-27-2011, 03:48 PM
It's ku...they'll surely come together at some point.

eh, 4-1 in the last decade in bowl games.

The will come together, I totally agree.

Bambi
07-27-2011, 06:57 PM
QB Bilal Marshall commits to Kansas.

Saulbadguy
07-27-2011, 07:31 PM
QB Bilal Marshall commits to Kansas.

:thumb:

kcchiefsus
07-27-2011, 08:00 PM
eh, 4-1 in the last decade in bowl games.

The will come together, I totally agree.

LMAO LMAO

Saul Good
07-27-2011, 08:06 PM
LMAO LMAO

Wherever Kansas is, the bar is set just below there.

Bambi
07-30-2011, 03:47 PM
Former Arkansas WR Neal Barlow transferring to Kansas.

ArrowheadHawk
07-31-2011, 10:13 AM
Cool. I hope the product on the field improves soon.

kcchiefsus
07-31-2011, 10:48 AM
Cool. I hope the product on the field improves soon.

Not likely.

BWillie
07-31-2011, 12:09 PM
As for the BWillie prediction for this year. We win 3 games.

Bambi
08-03-2011, 07:10 PM
moving day :)

http://media.lawrence.com/img/photos/2011/08/03/ku_fbc_arrival_03_t640.jpg?a6ea3ebd4438a44b86d2e9c39ecf7613005fe067

Saulbadguy
08-10-2011, 06:43 AM
Kansas football media day, it's the gift that keeps on giving...every year is full of LOL.

Saulbadguy
08-10-2011, 06:44 AM
http://media.lawrence.com/img/photos/2011/08/09/ku_fbc_media_quarterbacks_01_t640.JPG?a6ea3ebd4438a44b86d2e9c39ecf7613005fe067

http://media.lawrence.com/img/photos/2011/08/09/ku_fbc_media_pick_t640.jpg?a6ea3ebd4438a44b86d2e9c39ecf7613005fe067

http://media.lawrence.com/img/photos/2011/08/09/ku_fbc_media_shade_t640.jpg?a6ea3ebd4438a44b86d2e9c39ecf7613005fe067

http://media.lawrence.com/img/photos/2011/08/09/ku_fbc_media_special_t640.jpg?a6ea3ebd4438a44b86d2e9c39ecf7613005fe067

Saul Good
08-10-2011, 08:03 AM
Many options for the program cover photo this year, but I don't know if any of them top the three linebackers jumping in the air together a few years ago. That was bayud ass. Anybody have a copy of that one?

Bambi
08-10-2011, 08:48 AM
The envy on this site is at times overwhelming.

At other times, like today just cute.

Saulbadguy
08-10-2011, 08:59 AM
The envy on this site is at times overwhelming.

At other times, like today just cute.

happy to help little bro

Bambi
08-10-2011, 09:13 AM
Many options for the program cover photo this year, but I don't know if any of them top the three linebackers jumping in the air together a few years ago. That was bayud ass. Anybody have a copy of that one?

http://becking.com/images/logos/LicensePlates/linebackers.jpg

Lzen
08-10-2011, 12:55 PM
http://becking.com/images/logos/LicensePlates/linebackers.jpg

You do realize that he just wants to make fun of them, right?

I don't care. That was one of the best groups of LBers in the league that year. And I really don't see what is there to make fun of in this year's photos.

kstater
08-10-2011, 12:57 PM

I don't care. That was one of the best groups of LBers in the league that year. And I really don't see what is there to make fun of in this year's photos.

I'll start with the pee-wee player that wears #10.

Lzen
08-10-2011, 12:59 PM

Lol, I didn't notice that. He does look pretty young and small. Kicker I'm assuming.

RockChalk
08-10-2011, 01:00 PM
Lol, I didn't notice that. He does look pretty young and small. Kicker I'm assuming.

Likely to be our starting kicker

Bambi
08-10-2011, 01:10 PM

Make fun of them? They are just spoofing Anchorman.

If Saulguy doesn't like Anchorman then I can't help him, that movie was hilarious.

Of course they were great, other teams used to emulate them...literally

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2803/4126243285_b50cfe023a_o.jpg

Bambi
08-10-2011, 01:13 PM

That's the special teams. Are you not smart enough to realize that OP curated the photos he posted?

bwahahahaha....

James Sims

http://media.lawrence.com/img/photos/2011/08/09/ku_fbc_media_sims_t640.jpg?a6ea3ebd4438a44b86d2e9c39ecf7613005fe067

Toben

http://media.lawrence.com/img/photos/2011/08/09/ku_fbc_media_Opurum_02_t640.JPG?a6ea3ebd4438a44b86d2e9c39ecf7613005fe067

Saulbadguy
08-10-2011, 01:13 PM
Make fun of them? They are just spoofing Anchorman.

If Saulguy doesn't like Anchorman then I can't help him, that movie was hilarious.

Of course they were great, other teams used to emulate them...literally

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2803/4126243285_b50cfe023a_o.jpg
That movie was terrible.

Bambi
08-10-2011, 01:15 PM
That movie was terrible.

84% audience rating on RT.

Quit trying. You're falling into Frazod-territory.

WilliamTheIrish
08-10-2011, 01:24 PM
Nothing tops "History's A-Waitin".

kstater
08-10-2011, 01:25 PM
That's the special teams. Are you not smart enough to realize that OP curated the photos he posted?

bwahahahaha....

James Sims

I see, so posting a conehead is much better.

WilliamTheIrish
08-10-2011, 01:41 PM

The picture of that LB was pretty good. It reminded me of a line from The Dirty Dozen, as spoken by Donald Southerland as he being asked to play a General and inspect the troops. If you don't know that movie I can't help you:

"Never heard of him".

Lzen
08-10-2011, 02:10 PM

Yeah, thanks for reminding us. Ass.

|Zach|
08-10-2011, 03:35 PM
Is there really someone trying to defend the honor of media guide photos right now?

LMAO

Pants
08-10-2011, 03:39 PM
Is there really someone trying to defend the honor of media guide photos right now?

LMAO

Zach, you shouldn't let him get under your skin so much.

|Zach|
08-10-2011, 03:40 PM
Zach, you shouldn't let him get under your skin so much.

Is that what you took from my single post on the matter?

Pants
08-10-2011, 03:40 PM
Is that what you took from my single post on the matter?

Sure did.

|Zach|
08-10-2011, 03:42 PM
Sure did.

Well you just made a single post. Do I get under your skin?

You don't think it is funny someone going all "leave Brittany alone!" in regards to media day photos?

Pants
08-10-2011, 03:49 PM
Well you just made a single post. Do I get under your skin?

You get under my skin at times, this wasn't one of those times, though.

You don't think it is funny someone going all "leave Brittany alone!" in regards to media day photos?

Nope, I don't think it's all that funny, but then again, humor is subjective.

|Zach|
08-10-2011, 03:55 PM
You get under my skin at times, this wasn't one of those times, though.

Ok, well when ever you pull the rules about being under someone's skin out from under a rock be sure to share them with everyone else so it isn't so confusing.

Pants
08-10-2011, 03:59 PM
Ok, well when ever you pull the rules about being under someone's skin out from under a rock be sure to share them with everyone else so it isn't so confusing.

Are you saying Wickedson doesn't get under your skin?

Bambi
08-10-2011, 04:03 PM

I'm used to it. Zach's life has been filled with so many years of disappointment that it really isn't worth responding to.

I posted the pic of the Anchorman spoof.

Can't see how I'm defending the honor of media day photos, lol

|Zach|
08-10-2011, 04:07 PM
I'm used to it. Zach's life has been filled with so many years of disappointment that it really isn't worth responding to.

I posted the pic of the Anchorman spoof.

Can't see how I'm defending the honor of media day photos, lol

Oh really.

|Zach|
08-10-2011, 04:08 PM

Wickedson is like Knowmo. It is enjoyable seeing someone on an opposing team constantly be so ridiculous. The back and forth is comedy gold. Or bronze at least.

Bambi
08-10-2011, 04:08 PM
Oh really.

Well, judging by the teams in your avatar I'd say yes. o:-)

|Zach|
08-10-2011, 04:09 PM
Well, judging by the teams in your avatar I'd say yes. o:-)

Weird.

Bambi
08-10-2011, 04:15 PM
Weird.

I know your pain. I've been a Chiefs fans since 1985. I believe they're 3-11 in the playoffs since that time.

The Wizards do have a Championship in their history so a bright point there.

Missouri well.....we all know how that one ends.

Mr. Plow
08-10-2011, 05:36 PM
That movie was terrible.

LMAO

Saul Good
08-10-2011, 05:44 PM

Blue veins rising was pretty good, too.

chuxtrux
08-15-2011, 09:03 AM
http://kansas.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=897&CID=1251991

Good article about how the team improved its speed.

RockChalk
08-15-2011, 09:06 AM
http://vimeo.com/27658700

WilliamTheIrish
08-15-2011, 09:12 AM

Is this the vid where the fellas all dyed their hair the same color for unity?

Bambi
08-15-2011, 11:39 AM

nice, welcome back Gridiron

Titty Meat
08-15-2011, 11:56 AM
Toben Opurum. Now theres a talented guy who's services have been wasted by a coach who's in over his head.

Bambi
08-15-2011, 09:21 PM
DC area defensive end De'Jon Wilson commits to Kansas.

Bambi
08-23-2011, 06:07 PM
Gridiron Episode 2

Coaching staff sounds like they know the team still has a long way to go but very excited to see what Pick, Bourbon, and D Miller bring to this years team. Can't wait

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/28079833?title=0&amp;byline=0&amp;portrait=0" width="400" height="225" frameborder="0"></iframe><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/28079833">THE GRIDIRON: TRAINING CAMP 2011 - EPISODE II</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/kuathletics">Kansas Jayhawks</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

Bambi
08-29-2011, 03:06 PM
1st Depth Chart

ArrowheadHawk
09-02-2011, 10:24 PM
Game day tomorrow. After having Season tickets last year it sucks I won't be going tomorrow.

BWillie
09-02-2011, 10:47 PM
I'd like to be optimistic, but I only see 3 wins. McNeese State, Northern Illinois, K-State. Might get a fluke win to get to 4 wins in there at some point.

Bump
09-02-2011, 11:00 PM
I'd like to be optimistic, but I only see 3 wins. McNeese State, Northern Illinois, K-State. Might get a fluke win to get to 4 wins in there at some point.

Yup and I'd be fine if we just canned Gill now and let the players coach each other or something.

ArrowheadHawk
09-02-2011, 11:04 PM
Yup and I'd be fine if we just canned Gill now and let the players coach each other or something.

I say give him till next year. Lets see what he can do after three years on the job.

Bambi
09-03-2011, 08:39 AM
Ready for another start to the season.

Lets go!

Saul Good
09-03-2011, 09:41 AM
Is Corso going to put on the Jayhawk head today?

Reerun_KC
09-03-2011, 01:17 PM
Where can we stream this online...

Audio only is fine...

Saulbadguy
09-03-2011, 01:41 PM
Don Fambrough died this morning. Sorry to hear that.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-03-2011, 01:45 PM
Rock Chalk! We're winning the title this year!

lol ugh. I'm curious as to how we're gonna look this year. Hopefully 4 wins.

kstater
09-03-2011, 01:47 PM
Rock Chalk! We're winning the title this year!

lol ugh. I'm curious as to how we're gonna look this year. Hopefully 4 wins.

I think 4 wins would be a very successful season.

Stewie
09-03-2011, 01:49 PM

Former KU coach Don Fambrough dies at 88

By J. Brady McCollough (http://campuscorner.kansascity.com/user/63) - Posted on 03 September 2011

Former Kansas football coach Don Fambrough died Saturday morning after taking a fall outside his Lawrence residence.

Fambrough was 88.

KU associate athletic director Jim Marchiony said there will be a moment of silence for Fambrough, who had a 36-48-5 record during two stints as KU's coach, before Kansas kicks off its season against McNeese State Saturday night. Fambrough's two best teams were in 1973, when David Jaynes led the Jayhawks to the Liberty Bowl, and 1981, when KU finished 8-4 and lost the Hall of Fame bowl.

"It's a very sad day for a KU fan that Don Fambrough passed away," said Bob Koehn, 55, a Kansas fan eating lunch at the Yacht Club in Lawrence on Saturday. "He was such an icon with his Missouri speeches."

Certainly, Fambrough will be remembered most for the color he added to the Kansas-Missouri rivalry. For years, Fambrough has spoken to the KU team during the week of the "Border War" and delivered a fire-and-brimstone motivational talk

"He's pretty much intertwined with the Missouri rivalry," said Koehn's 26-year-old son, Ben. "He'll always be remembered for that by somebody my age."

Read more: http://campuscorner.kansascity.com/node/2014#ixzz1Wv9KGIft

Chiefs Pantalones
09-03-2011, 01:51 PM
I think 4 wins would be a very successful season.

Yeah Gill is gonna have to make me a believer out of him. I'm still shaking my head at the hire.

Braincase
09-03-2011, 02:42 PM

RIP Coach.

Anyong Bluth
09-03-2011, 03:42 PM
streaming... Anyone.... Got to be some online feed?

Pants
09-03-2011, 05:02 PM
streaming... Anyone.... Got to be some online feed?

Sign up for Jayhawks All Access (http://www.kuathletics.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/082911aad.html) for $10. It's an online service, I just signed up for it and hoping it's going to be a good stream.

chiefsfan987
09-03-2011, 05:07 PM
Sign up for Jayhawks All Access (http://www.kuathletics.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/082911aad.html) for $10. It's an online service, I just signed up for it and hoping it's going to be a good stream.

I had it last year and it was really bad (choppy) so I cancelled my service to it. Hopefully its better this year for you.

I'm just going to listen today online....

chiefsfan987
09-03-2011, 05:12 PM
Where can we stream this online...

Audio only is fine...

audio streams:

http://player.streamtheworld.com/_players/entercom/player/?id=KFH

that one has bob davis...

this one is the university radio station with alternate play by play guys

http://kjhkarea51.org/ and click on listen

chiefsfan987
09-03-2011, 05:25 PM
here we go...

chiefsfan987
09-03-2011, 05:27 PM
3 and out.. :(

Pants
09-03-2011, 05:37 PM
I had it last year and it was really bad (choppy) so I cancelled my service to it. Hopefully its better this year for you.

I'm just going to listen today online....

It's not choppy at all so far, but the quality leaves something to be desired for. Definitely worth the $10 so far.

chiefsfan987
09-03-2011, 05:42 PM
It's not choppy at all so far, but the quality leaves something to be desired for. Definitely worth the $10 so far.

right on, sounds like they have at least improved it then.

chiefsfan987
09-03-2011, 05:42 PM
TD HAWKS!

Pants
09-03-2011, 05:43 PM
TD catch by Patterson. Beauty.

P.S. Still no names on the jerseys. I thought that was changing this year?

chiefsfan987
09-03-2011, 05:50 PM
defense struggling...

chiefsfan987
09-03-2011, 05:53 PM
can't stop anything on third down so far not a good sign.

chiefsfan987
09-03-2011, 05:57 PM
did we get a gift there or was that the right call? I'm only listening so I didn't see it.

Pants
09-03-2011, 05:58 PM
did we get a gift there or was that the right call? I'm only listening so I didn't see it.

Was hard to tell from the angle they showed, man.

Pants
09-03-2011, 06:11 PM
D Miller just plows through people, damn.

Pants
09-03-2011, 06:17 PM
TD Hawks!

14-3.

chiefsfan987
09-03-2011, 06:17 PM
There we go. Now lets play a little defense.

chiefsfan987
09-03-2011, 06:22 PM
finally a stop on 3rd.

Pants
09-03-2011, 06:22 PM
McNeese St coach must be retarded, changed the QB and they go 3 and out, lol.

chiefsfan987
09-03-2011, 06:24 PM
McNeese St coach must be retarded, changed the QB and they go 3 and out, lol.

On the pregame show they said he was treating this game like an exhibition game to see what he had and no matter who the starting QB was he was going to alternate every couple series.

Pants
09-03-2011, 06:27 PM
On the pregame show they said he was treating this game like an exhibition game to see what he had and no matter who the starting QB was he was going to alternate every couple series.

Ahhh. Weird.

Pants
09-03-2011, 06:31 PM
I know it's only McNeese St. but Miller looks really fucking good running the ball. Dude will be beasting when he grows up.

chiefsfan987
09-03-2011, 06:31 PM
running game is looking promising....

chiefsfan987
09-03-2011, 06:35 PM
what the **** is going on out there? This was rampant last year as well. You have to know what you're doing.

|Zach|
09-03-2011, 06:35 PM
I know it's only McNeese St. but Miller looks really ****ing good running the ball. Dude will be beasting when he grows up.

Blue Springs makes a great football players.

http://varsity.kansascity.com/images/blogs/4749.jpg